PDA

View Full Version : Erin

Erin
07-28-2008, 05:37 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/MidWorldGirl/Picture20.jpg

Hello everyone!

My name is Erin Kelley. I was born December 20, 1983 in Richmond, Kentucky. When I was 3, my parents and I moved to Charlotte, N.C. A year later, my sister Lindsay was born. When I was 10, my parents divorced and when I was 11, my mom remarried, giving me a step-dad, step-brother and step-sister, whom I loved dearly. We all moved to Cary, N.C. where I went to middle school and my first two years of high school. When I was 16, my mom and step-dad divorced, devestating me. My mom decided to move my sister and I back to Richmond, KY, where nearly my entire family (both mom and dad's side) live. I graduated high school in Kentucky and that following fall, entered Eastern Kentucky University. I graduated in May 2006 with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice and a minor in Dispute Resolution. That fall, I began graduate school at Eastern and just this past Friday, I officially graduated with my Master's degree in Criminal Justice.

I just recently got a job (although it is temporary because it is a grant-money funded position) and also just recently ended a serious 2 year long relationship with my boyfriend. So my life has been drastically changing these past couple months.

Anyways, that's a little about my life, now ask me questions! :D

Jean
07-28-2008, 05:52 AM
do you keep in touch with your stepfamily?

what is the first thing you think of when you hear "St.Petersburg"?

Jean
07-28-2008, 05:57 AM
how did the idea to have ferrets as pets occur to you? (hint: wasn't that because they reminded you of small bears?)

are all your cats always gray?

jayson
07-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Hi Erin :)

Do you play any instruments?

If so, how long have you played?

If not, which one would you most like to learn to play?

Do you have a favorite song? What is it?

Odetta
07-28-2008, 06:50 AM
What is your middle name?

What is the most exotic location you have travelled to?

Do you believe in God?

Erin
07-28-2008, 06:55 AM
do you keep in touch with your stepfamily?
I do. My step-bro and I talk regularly through email and MySpace. Same with my step-sister. My former step-dad and I call each other every few months to check up. Also, usually once a year my step-brother comes to Kentucky to visit. He was super close to my mom, so he likes to come stay with us.

what is the first thing you think of when you hear "St.Petersburg"?
Jean-bear, first and foremost. :D Second, I think of beautiful architecture. I also get a feeling of calm when I think about the city, because I had one very mind-clearing, soothing night there during my visit.

how did the idea to have ferrets as pets occur to you? (hint: wasn't that because they reminded you of small bears?)
It was actually my ex-boyfriend's idea to get a ferret. He wanted a pet for his apartment that was small and easy to take care of, but didn't want a hamster. We started researching around, and read some stuff on ferrets. I was instantly hooked. We went to the pet store, saw the little baby girl ferret who would soon become our Harley and fell in love. We then got our other ferret Jack a few months later because ferrets are very social creatures and really do have to have at least one other ferret to live with in order to be fully happy. And i've always thought ferrets looked like little baby bear cubs in the face, especially with their cute rounded ears. :wub:

are all your cats always gray?
Nope. My cat, Mr. Gray, is actually a tabby-colored cat (despite his name...which is from Dreamcatcher, by the way). My other cat, Jonesy, is mainly white with small gray and black patches on his back and my third kitty, Erik, is orange.

I played clarinet for years through elementary, middle, high school and part of college. I haven't picked it up in a couple years, but I feel confident that i'd still be able to play (I still remember all the chords, keys, how to tongue properly, how to read sheet music, ect.).

I started when I was in 5th grade.

I'd love love love to learn how to play piano.

"Tiny Dancer" by Elton John is probably one of my favorite songs of all time.

sarah
07-28-2008, 06:56 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy that you're all finished up with school. :couple:

What are the next steps you have to take in order to work for the FBI? (do you still want to do that?)

How did the pets get split up in the break up?

What was the best place you traveled to this year and why?

What is your CD player at the moment?

What was the best concert you ever went to?

jayson
07-28-2008, 07:07 AM
I played clarinet for years through elementary, middle, high school and part of college. I haven't picked it up in a couple years, but I feel confident that i'd still be able to play (I still remember all the chords, keys, how to tongue properly, how to read sheet music, ect.).

I started when I was in 5th grade.

Very cool! Do you think you will try to play again?

I'd love love love to learn how to play piano.

That's the one I would most love to play as well. My mother-in-law has a piano which would already be in my house if we didn't live in a second-floor apartment. When we eventually buy a house, the piano will be ours and I hope to learn to play it then as well as getting lessons for Ella when she's old enough.

"Tiny Dancer" by Elton John is probably one of my favorite songs of all time.

I also love that song. :)
Perhaps not my fav of his songs (that would be "Amoreena") but definitely a very good one!

I will have more questions for you soon. Thanks for playing.

Jean
07-28-2008, 07:11 AM
And i've always thought ferrets looked like little baby bear cubs in the face, especially with their cute rounded ears. :wub:
it's amazing to realize that someone who is so beatiful and intelligent also has such a deep understanding of the very essence of creation! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gif

Erin
07-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Leigh

What is the most exotic location you have travelled to?
Exotic as in the most different from the U.S. - Russia, by far.

Do you believe in God?
No. I usually refer to myself as agnostic and am not religious. However, something many of you probably don't know about me, i'm a very deeply spiritual, "new-agey" type person. I strongly believe in things such as chakras, energy-forces (especially healing energy, such as quantum touch), auras, astrology and things like that. So I do feel like there are very powerful energies out there which have the ability to produce certain "God-like" events.

sarah
07-28-2008, 07:20 AM
Do you believe in God?
No. I usually refer to myself as agnostic and am not religious. However, something many of you probably don't know about me, i'm a very deeply spiritual, "new-agey" type person. I strongly believe in things such as chakras, energy-forces (especially healing energy, such as quantum touch), auras, astrology and things like that. So I do feel like there are very powerful energies out there which have the ability to produce certain "God-like" events.

have you ever had reiki done to your body?

Daghain
07-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Hey Erin!

Where in the world would you most like to travel?

Congrats on the masters - ever think about going for a Ph.D?

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

What's your favorite TV show?

jayson
07-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Leigh

Mine is as well, though it is spelled Lee. :)

Erin
07-28-2008, 07:28 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy that you're all finished up with school. :couple:
Thanks! Meeeee toooooo. It almost killed me and i'm so glad it's over. :lol:

What are the next steps you have to take in order to work for the FBI? (do you still want to do that?):
Yes! Now I need to gain about 3 years of steady work experience in a criminal justice-realted field before I can apply. I'm really hoping I get a state job in Probation and Parole in order to fulfill this requirement. So, after 3 years of working, i'll start the long application process and hopefully get hired! Buttttt....I do have a back-up plan, because it is very tough to get into the feds. I've always loved animals and longed to be a vet, but for some reason, picked my other major interest when it came time to start college. Well, I get free classes at EKU through my mom because she works at the college, so in the upcoming year in my free time i'm going to take online classes to fullfill the missing science credits I'm lacking. If I do not get into the FBI, I plan on applying to vet school and following my dream there. :D So...possibly more school. :shoot: :lol:

How did the pets get split up in the break up?:
Well, the cats were mine before we ever met, so they of course were staying with me. We were planning on sharing the ferrets and Gimli, but something very disturbing happened last weekend and I was forced to change my mind. I went out of town last weekend and Darrin promised to take care of the animals. I get home, and find that Gimli has not been fed nor taken outside in at least a day and a half. There was dog poo all over my floors and he was literally starving. Darrin had met a girl and was staying over at her house, instead of taking care of our animals. I was furious. He proved to me that he can't be responsible with them, so now all the animals are soley mine. :( I hate that it had to come to that, but he proved he can't be trusted. So I have 6 pets all to myself. :nana:

What was the best place you traveled to this year and why?:
Helsinki, Finland. I had an absolute blast. I love the city, had amazing tour guides who i've become very close with since through the internet and phone, met amazing Finnish friends and I grew much closer on the trip to a few friends from my grad program. Overall it was an amazing experience.

What is your CD player at the moment?:
Flogging Molly's new album "Float" is in my car at the moment and has been for days.

What was the best concert you ever went to?
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with the Black Crowes 3 years ago.

wizardsrainbow
07-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi Erin! Welcome to the hot seat this week!

1) Name a favorite memory from your childhood
2) Name three qualities you'd seek out in a spouse
3) Who is your favorite DT character and why?
4) Favorite pizza topping is_____?
5) Did you have any nicknames growing up?

Thanks Erin!

Odetta
07-28-2008, 07:33 AM
What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?

sarah
07-28-2008, 08:08 AM
wow Erin, you are still on your long road to the FBI but at least it is getting closer. I really hope that it all works out for you. But, your back up plan sounds pretty cool too. We have two vets in our family and they love what they do.

SIX pets? How are you holding up with that? Do you think you can keep it up or do you think you'll have to eventually give some up? btw, that is so sad about gimli. I would've been livid.

Darkthoughts
07-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Erin :wub:

I just typed a million questions and the board logged me out :angry: :lol:

So...
Were you nervous about getting your DT tatt (because of the size, pain etc)?

What are 3 songs you have on your ipod that people might be surprised to hear you like?

Do you still watch kids tv programmes sometimes? If so, whats your favourite?

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Man, I'd have been pissed about the Gimli episode too! Were the ferrets ok? :huglove:

CPU
07-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Congratulations on getting your Masters! :clap:

I don't really have any questions for you, but I still hope that someday I can be your first arrest as a federal agent :lol:

Erin
07-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Very cool! Do you think you will try to play again?
Oh yea. I loved playing clarinet. I just have to buy one. The only reason I quit playing was the clarinet I had used for years was actually my aunts. It had been in her family for years and years and was an antique that I was borrowing. Anyways, when my cousin (her daughter) started taking music in middle school, she needed the clarinet back.

it's amazing to realize that someone who is so beatiful and intelligent also has such a deep understanding of the very essence of creation! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gif
Thanks Jean. :blush:

have you ever had reiki done to your body?
I have! But not for a physical problem. About 5 years ago I went through a really rough emotional time and a friend of mine who is a Reiki Master worked on me to help unblock the negative energy that had built up inside me. It was an amazing feeling. Have you ever had it done?

Where in the world would you most like to travel?
China!

Congrats on the masters - ever think about going for a Ph.D?
Thanks! And yes. I do think I will get my doctorate some day. Especially if I stay in the criminal justice field, I would like to retire teaching at a university one day, so i'll have to have a Ph.D. Also, that's why I chose to write a thesis in grad school, instead of taking the comprehensive exams, because you have to have written a thesis for most Ph.D programs and I wanted to keep my options open, just in case.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
Well, I have one thing i've done that was really crazy looking back on it and stands out in my mind the most, but it's pretty X-rated. How raunchy can this thread get? :lol:
For something else crazy i've done, once my friend and I decided at midnight we were bored, so we hopped in her car and drove to Memphis. We both had to work the next day, but called in on the way and spent the whole day on Beale St. getting drunk. We spent that night in her car, partied again the next day and then came home. It was really spontaneous.

What's your favorite TV show?
Lost. Oh yea.

1) Name a favorite memory from your childhood
When my mom would go out of town, my dad would always let my little sister and I watch "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (we wern't allowed to because my mom thought we were too young for it). We would cuddle on the couch with him, laughing at the Black Knight and Killer Bunny Rabbit, and eat ice cream. We did this ever time she was gone and it was our little secret.

2) Name three qualities you'd seek out in a spouse
Sense of humor. If I'm going to be with someone long term, they need to be able to make me laugh and not take themselves too seriously.
Honesty. This was seriously lacking in my last relationship and it is super high on my priority list right now.
Independence. Also lacking in my last relationship. I want a partner who doesn't need me to "mother" them and can take care of basic responsibilities without my constant assistance.

3) Who is your favorite DT character and why?
Eddie. I admired his strength, sense of humor and his ability to overcome obstacles and better himself.

4) Favorite pizza topping is_____?
Mushrooms and banana peppers! Mmmmmm good!

5) Did you have any nicknames growing up?
Yep, i was Mouth of the South to my family because I never shut up. My step-bro called me Strawberry all the time because when I got sunburned, my freckles looked like strawberry seeds :lol: I also had a less kind nickname in high school. I was called firecrotch. Damn red-hair. Grrrr.

jayson
07-28-2008, 09:01 AM
If you could see any one musician/band (past or present) perform live, who would it be?

Nerak
07-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Congrats on the graduation!

If you could come back in your next life as an animal, what would it be?

Morning or night person?

Favorite Movie?

Fav character on Lost?

What was your first car?

Who was your first kiss?

Ok, I think I am done for now! :lol:

Erin
07-28-2008, 10:05 AM
What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?
Ugggg. When I was 15, I was absolutely head over heels in "love" with this guy named Kevin who was one of my step-brothers friends. Well, one day I wrote my best-friend Jill a 4 page letter filled with a ton of gushing about Kevin. I gave it to her, she read it, then left it sitting in our driveway by accident. My brother and Kevin read it, then made fun of me for the next several months. It was terrible.

SIX pets? How are you holding up with that? Do you think you can keep it up or do you think you'll have to eventually give some up? btw, that is so sad about gimli. I would've been livid.
I could NEVER give up one of my animals. They are like children to me. I'd rather go hungry myself or deprive myself of something than let one of them suffer. I'm a very firm believer of treating animals just as you would another human. When you make the decision to get an animal, I feel it is a life-long commitment. You don't "get rid" of an animal just because your new apartment won't allow pets....you find an apartment that does, for example. But things are going fine with the animals. I've got such a good routine worked out, I don't even notice it anymore. And they do make my life so much better and happier. :wub: And I was more than furious at Darrin. I don't understand how someone could have done that to an animal. It made me see him in a whole new light. :shoot::shoot:

Erin :wub:
Lisa :wub: :wub:

Were you nervous about getting your DT tatt (because of the size, pain etc)?
Actually no. I began thinking about getting a Dark Tower tattoo about 4 1/2 years ago. I told myself that I would think about it and if I still felt strongly about getting the tattoo after 3 years, I'd do it. So I did. And really I wasn't nervous about the pain because I have a freakishly high threshold for pain. Pain really doesn't bother me the way it does others, it's strange. So that wasn't a big consideration. And part of why I put my tattoo on my back is so that if I do for some crazy reason ever get tired of it, at least I don't have to see it all the time! :lol: I often now forget I have it and will catch a glimpse of it in the mirror or something when I get out of the shower and it will surprise me a bit. :lol:

What are 3 songs you have on your ipod that people might be surprised to hear you like?
Don't laugh too hard! "Mmmbop" by Hanson (love that song! :lol:), "Wanna Be" by the Spice Girls and pretty much every song from a Disney movie is on my Ipod. I rock out to the Beauty and the Beast songs most often. :D

Do you still watch kids tv programmes sometimes? If so, whats your favourite?
I do! I really like Spongebob and The Fairly Odd Parents. Danny Phantom is pretty groovy too.

Describe yourself in 3 words.
Restless
Giddy
Unique

Man, I'd have been pissed about the Gimli episode too! Were the ferrets ok? :huglove:
Thank gosh they were fine, the cats too. I was only gone about 2 1/2 days and right before I left I filled up the cats and ferrets food and water dishes, so they were fine. Gimli was the only one who really suffered. And me because I had to spend hours cleaning the hell out of the carpets. :doh:

Congratulations on getting your Masters! :clap:
I don't really have any questions for you, but I still hope that someday I can be your first arrest as a federal agent :lol:
Thanks! And sure i'll arrest you. I'll throw you on the ground, dig my knee into your back and make a real show of it. :D

If you could see any one musician/band (past or present) perform live, who would it be?
The Traveling Wilburys

fernandito
07-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Erin! :couple:

Who is your favorite X-Men chracter, and why?

Which movie have you seen the most times?

Have you ever dated someone of a different nationality/ethnicity?

Erin
07-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Congrats on the graduation!
Gracias!

If you could come back in your next life as an animal, what would it be?
A dolphin. They are intelligent, everyone loves them and it would be amazing to zip around in the ocean, seeing all the beautiful undersea wildlife and then race to the surface and do a backflip. :lol:

Morning or night person?
NIGHT PERSON!!!!!!!!!! I hate mornings! I love to stay up late and I feel so much more alive at night. That's why you guys usually see me on here around midnight and later. This new 9-5 job is killing me. :lol:

Favorite Movie?
I'd have to say Supertroopers or Jackie Brown.

Fav character on Lost?
Sawyer. :drool: I just love his one-liners.

What was your first car?
A black 1997 Ford Taurus that I bought myself with babysitting money.

Who was your first kiss?
Geoff Wiggins. Gag. I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior. It was the worst first kiss ever. He backed me up against a microwave, shoved his tongue down my throat and started unbuttoning my pants. I ducked under his arm, took off running and never spoke to him again. :rofl:

Who is your favorite X-Men chracter, and why?
Mystique. I just think she's so bad-ass. I also dig the fact that even though she can change her appearance, she doesn't want to have too, and fights for it.

Which movie have you seen the most times?
Probably Disney's Robin Hood. Loooooovvvvvveeeeee that movie.

Have you ever dated someone of a different nationality/ethnicity?
I have. I'm very attracted to Asian and Hispanic men. When I first started working at Wal-Mart I dated a guy named Tim who was from Indonesia for about 9 months. I've also had purely sexual relationships with a few other races.

Darkthoughts
07-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Don't laugh too hard! "Mmmbop" by Hanson (love that song! :lol:), "Wanna Be" by the Spice Girls and pretty much every song from a Disney movie is on my Ipod. I rock out to the Beauty and the Beast songs most often. :D
:lol: Thats cool, I have Hakuna Matatta and I Wanna Be Like You on mine, even though I profess to hating Disney!

I do! I really like Spongebob and The Fairly Odd Parents. Danny Phantom is pretty groovy too.
Aces, you can come for a sleepover if you like...my kids are downstairs right now (sleeping in a den they built) watching Fairly Odd Parents :D
Have you seen the crossover episode where Timmy ends up in an episode of Jimmy Neutron, and Jimmy ends up a cartoon with Wanda and Cosmo? :lol:

If you had to make a 13 track mix tape, with songs that best gave an idea of your taste in music - what would be on it?

And whats the attraction with zombies? :orely: :ninja: :lol:

Brice
07-28-2008, 12:37 PM
When are you coming to North Carolina? :D

Erin
07-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Aces, you can come for a sleepover if you like...my kids are downstairs right now (sleeping in a den they built) watching Fairly Odd Parents :DHave you seen the crossover episode where Timmy ends up in an episode of Jimmy Neutron, and Jimmy ends up a cartoon with Wanda and Cosmo? :lol::

I have! It was so funny! I absolutely love Cosmo. :lol:

If you had to make a 13 track mix tape, with songs that best gave an idea of your taste in music - what would be on it?::
1. "The Joker" - Steve Miller Band
2. "Anna Begins" - Counting Crows
3. "El Scorcho" - Weezer
4. "Wildflowers" - Tom Petty
5. "With or Without You" - U2
6. "Ode to my Family" - The Cranberries
7. "One Love" - Bob Marley
8. "Olympia, WA" - Rancid
9. "Violet" - Hole
10. "Oh Sherri" - Steve Perry
11. "Operator" - Jim Croce
12. "Living Dead Girl" - Rob Zombie
13. "Mono" - Courtney Love

And whats the attraction with zombies? :orely: :ninja: :lol:
I have no idea! :lol: I just dig zombies and have to admit I am secretly just waiting for the zombie outbreak and invasion. :ninja: But what can I say? I just apparently have an insatiable love for the dead. /Rob Zombie.

Oooooo guess what? My bestest friend from N.C. who lives in Fayetteville is having a baby this December and I promised her I'd come down and see the baby. Probably sometime in January. :D :D :D And of course we must get together during this time.

Matt
07-28-2008, 01:27 PM
I wish I was going to be there. My daughter and grand baby are like...2 miles from Fayetteville.

So what makes you so comfortable in your own skin Erin?

Girlystevedave
07-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Hello Erin :)

If you could live in any other time era, what would it be? Why?

What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

What was the last thing to really make you laugh?

Do you believe in soul mates?

(And since you're on a Weezer kick..) What are your top three songs from the Blue album?

Erin
07-28-2008, 08:58 PM
I wish I was going to be there. My daughter and grand baby are like...2 miles from Fayetteville.
Awww! I wish you could be there too!

So what makes you so comfortable in your own skin Erin?
Hmmm, that's a good question. I've really never been self-concious and always had a fairly high body image. I've just always tried to be very positive when I think about myself, and really it works.

If you could live in any other time era, what would it be? Why??
Oooo excellent question. I would say i'd love to have lived during Julius Caesear's reign in Rome, because it was such an amazing time in history, but only if I could go back as a man. Women had no rights at all. They didn't even have their own names, they were just named a feminine form of their father's name. Soooo.....being myself, I guess I'd love to live on a hippie commune during the '60's. I think i'd make a good hippi. :D

What is your favorite Star Wars movie??
Why, The Empire Strikes Back, of course. :)

What was the last thing to really make you laugh??
Tonight a couple of my friend's and I were talking and at one point my prudish friend Lindsey blurted out "Damn, I don't have '70's bush, OK?". It was one of those you had to be there moments, but seriously we all laughed for about 10 minutes.

Do you believe in soul mates??
Actually I do. I think our own lovely Matt and Dora are proof that these do exist.

(And since you're on a Weezer kick..) What are your top three songs from the Blue album?
"The World Has Turned and Left Me Here"
"Say It Ain't So"
"In the Garage"

Ruthful
07-28-2008, 09:59 PM
What if you could be a really powerful woman, like Theodora, or Boudica? Or one of the early Christian martyrs, like St. Felicity, Perpetua, etc? Or Mary Magdalene?

Brice
07-29-2008, 03:43 AM
Oooooo guess what? My bestest friend from N.C. who lives in Fayetteville is having a baby this December and I promised her I'd come down and see the baby. Probably sometime in January. :D :D :D And of course we must get together during this time.

:wub:

Hannah
07-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Erin! :couple:

So what is the official letter code you get to put after your name now that you have your masters?
What kind of shampoo/conditioner do you use to keep your hair so pretty?

Randall Flagg
07-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Where is the strangest/wildest place you have made "whoopi"?

You are a condemned prisoner, about to be put to death.
Your final meal allows an appetizer, an entrée, a dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage.
What do you choose?

If you had to change your name, what name would you choose?

What is your favorite sleeping position?

Nerak
07-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Jerome, whoopi! :lol:

Erin
07-29-2008, 08:24 AM
What if you could be a really powerful woman, like Theodora, or Boudica? Or one of the early Christian martyrs, like St. Felicity, Perpetua, etc? Or Mary Magdalene?
That would be amazing. I think i'd prefer an Egyptian pharaoh like Nefertiti though.

So what is the official letter code you get to put after your name now that you have your masters?
That's a good question, i really need to find that out. :lol: Looking on Wikipedia, it says a Master of Science is usually shortened to M.S. in the United States. It also said that the abbreviation for a Master of Science in Criminal Justice is shortened to MCJ. :orely:

What kind of shampoo/conditioner do you use to keep your hair so pretty?
I switch up my shampoo all the time. Right now i'm using the Aussie brand volumizing shampoo. For about the past 5 years though, i've used the same conditioner and have never found anything else that works better. I use the little tubes that come in L'Oreal hair dye kits. My grandma dyes her hair and then gives them to me. :lol: It says on the directions you are supposed to only use it a couple times a week on color-treated hair, but I use a little bit daily and have never colored my hair. Seriously it is the best conditioner i've ever found and keeps my hair really soft and manageable.

John Blaze
07-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Your final meal allows an appetizer, an entrée, a dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage.
What do you choose?

this is an awesome question. answer it!

i have a question? when are we gonna play scrabble again? stop being so busy all the time, I don't like it.

cozener
07-29-2008, 08:38 AM
I have. I'm very attracted to Asian and Hispanic men. When I first started working at Wal-Mart I dated a guy named Tim who was from Indonesia for about 9 months. I've also had purely sexual relationships with a few African-Americans, a guy from Puerto Rico and a foreign exchange student from Hong Kong. Thats kinda funny...I've also had purely sexual relationships with a few african americans. No dates or anything...just sex. Not sure why that is. I love asians too. In fact, the longest relationship I've had outside of my marriage was with an asian.

Well...on to my question. How do you pronounce "Versailles"?

Erin
07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
What do you choose?

this is an awesome question. answer it!

It is a good question. :D

Appetizer - Crab-stuffed mushrooms
Entree - Snow-crab ravioli with vodka-lemon sauce, a salad with bleu cheese
dressing, onion rings
Dessert - Tiramisu
Beverage - Good old fashioned sweet tea!

i have a question? when are we gonna play scrabble again? stop being so busy all the time, I don't like it.
Me either! I will be around late at night later this week. Probably tonight too. :D

Well...on to my question. How do you pronounce "Versailles"?
Your question just made me laugh out loud at work and I told my co-workers. :lol:

I know how it is supposed to be pronounced "ver-sai"...like the treaty.

Buuuuutttttttt, I have to admit that because i'm a Kentuckian and people would look at me strange if I said it that way, I usually pronounce it "ver-sales". :lol:

valtr0n
07-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Well, technically, "Versales" is the correct pronunciation for the region.

Everything, even grammar, spelling, and pronunciation, is relative to where you're standing. I don't go to other states and correct the way they say things, even if it's wrong. It's their state, they get to choose. :P

So, hmm, questions...

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

What are your predictions for Season 5 of Lost?

Who's your favorite Lost character?

What's the funniest joke you've ever heard?

fernandito
07-29-2008, 11:57 AM
In the event of an earthquake, what's the first thing you do? :rofl:

Odetta
07-29-2008, 12:22 PM

I'm sure YOU could answer that one today yourself, fp!

Sam
07-29-2008, 01:27 PM

Go looting?

Sam
07-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Here's one for you Erin.

As one CJ major to another, Why Criminal Justice?

obscurejude
07-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Is your dissertation available online in PDF format?

If so, could you give me a link or a database?

fernandito
07-29-2008, 02:19 PM
What is the cheesiest pick up line someone has ever used on you?

Erin
07-30-2008, 07:00 AM
What would you do for a Klondike bar?
:lol: I would kill a man. /Family Guy reference.

What are your predictions for Season 5 of Lost?
Ooooo good question. Every theory i've ever had about the show has been wrong, haha, so that's a toughie. First of all, I think Jin is alive and with Faraday in the boat. Also, i've been thinking a lot lately about why Kate (and spooky dream Clarie) don't want Aaron to go back to the island. Jacob is a spirit in limbo at the moment, he doesn't have a body. He needs a new body in order to "rule" again. That is why everyone on the island was obsessed with fertility and children. They are trying to help Jacob back into a body. This is why a pregnant woman arriving on the island was such a huge deal. So, for season 5, I think Jacob is going to do everything in his power to get Aaron back on the island.

Who's your favorite Lost character?
Sawyer! Love his storyline and one-liners.

What's the funniest joke you've ever heard?
This is super lame, but it really makes me laugh my ass off every time I hear it:
Q: What do you call cheese that isn't yours?
A: Na-cho cheese! :lol:

So stupid. But hilarious!

Scream "Wait for meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol: Nah, seriously though I'd probably knock the shit out of a few people in order to get to the nearest door-frame the quickest.

As one CJ major to another, Why Criminal Justice?
Good question and how cool that you are a fellow CJ major! What year are you? What school are you at? And are you planning on going for your Master's? I think the criminal justice system is one of those areas where I can truly attempt to make a difference. In undergrad, I took a CJ 101 class and was hooked. There are so many misconceptions in the general public about what works and what doesn't in regards to CJ (retribution vs rehabilitation, ect...) and myths surrounding common CJ themes (the truth about the War on Drugs, ect..) Anyways, I felt that by working in this field, especially teaching (which I hope to do one day) I feel I can truly make a difference, helping to uncover the truth behind these myths and attempt to better the system. Also, I am a the type of person who requires an active, changing, hands-on type of job to stay happy and what better field to achieve something like that?

Is your dissertation available online in PDF format? If so, could you give me a link or a database?
I just converted it into a PDF format. I'm going to go right now and attempt to post it in Turtleback Lane. Can you attach files like that to this board? Hmmm. I'm about to go find out.

Hey baby, nice ass. Wanna fuck? (Seriously.)

Odetta
07-30-2008, 07:06 AM

Hey baby, nice ass. Wanna fuck? (Seriously.)

Did it work?

Matt
07-30-2008, 07:08 AM
No, it didn't :(

:lol:

Erin
07-30-2008, 07:16 AM
:rofl:

Noooooooo it didn't work. Maybe if he went about it a lot smoother :lol: Instead he practically dumped his beer all over me and breathed his booze-breath all over me. Gag.

Odetta
07-30-2008, 07:19 AM
What was the cheesiest pick up line you've been told that worked?

Erin
07-30-2008, 07:24 AM
What was the cheesiest pick up line you've been told that worked?

:lol: I can't think of one off the top of my head, but I can give you a cheesy one I used that worked for me. :lol:

I walked into a party a few years ago, saw a guy who looked JUST LIKE Quentin Tarantino (who I think is uber-hot), went up to him, sat on his lap, said "You look like Quentin Tarantino. That's sexy". Within 30 minutes we were getting it on in the bed of my friend's truck. :lol:

Randall Flagg
07-30-2008, 07:38 AM
You missed these from page 2:

Daghain
07-30-2008, 07:43 AM
No, it didn't :(

Erin
07-30-2008, 07:48 AM
You missed these from page 2:
Oopsies!

Probably on a mattress behind the screen of a movie theatre while it was packed and Meet the Parents was playing. :lol: I worked at the theatre and we would all take turns getting it on behind that screen.

I really like Erin, but my mom said once she deliberated for awhile between Erin and Kennedy. I kinda like Kennedy, it's unique.

On my back, head propped up with 2 pillows.

MonteGss
07-30-2008, 08:11 AM
I have not read the rest of the thread....sorry if duplicated.

What is your heritage? (sorry to generalize but) Are you Irish?
What is your favorite mixed drink?
What is your favorite beer?
What is your ONE favorite movie? TV Show?

:)

(Oh.....you're really good looking)

fernandito
07-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Noooooooo it didn't work. Maybe if he went about it a lot smoother :lol: Instead he practically dumped his beer all over me and breathed his booze-breath all over me. Gag.

*Note to self.....*

Erin
07-30-2008, 12:39 PM
What is your heritage? (sorry to generalize but) Are you Irish?
Yep, i'm of Irish descent. My aunt did a massive genealogy project a few years back, and my family originates from the Ulster area on my dad's side. On my mother's side, the majority of my relatives are Dutch, with both of my maternal grandmother's parents having come to the United States from Holland.

What is your favorite mixed drink?
"If you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain...."

What is your favorite beer?
Newcastle. Mmmmm.

What is your ONE favorite movie? TV Show?
Jackie Brown, Lost.

(Oh.....you're really good looking)
Why thank you. :blush: You're pretty darn good looking yourself.

*Note to self.....*
:P :P

The Lady of Shadows
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
hi erin ::waves::

what is your biggest regret?
if you could change one thing about your life what would it be (even if it means something from long ago that you could do over)?
what is your proudest accomplishment (other that your masters of course!)
do you like chocolate?
paper or plastic?
coke or pepsi? (and that is a crucial question!)
if the zombie hoardes arrived in your town today who would you save (other than your pets) and why?

i have the entire beauty and the beast soundtrack on my ipod. also selections from the little mermaid! :couple:

Dora
07-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Who would be your ideal Lost member to be stranded with?

Jean
07-31-2008, 10:43 AM
have you already been told that you look like those Northern Renaissance Madonnas?

and - do you like the Northern Renaissance?

fernandito
07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
If I try to put the moves on you in Vegas, will I go home with a large mark on the right side of my face that vaguely resembles a left hand?

John Blaze
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
If I try to put the moves on you in Vegas, will I go home with a large mark on the right side of my face that vaguely resembles a left hand?

Just be caureful which pick-up line you use, and that you don't have bad breath and spill your beer on her.

Matt
07-31-2008, 12:14 PM
I think just using the phrase "best moves" probably takes at least one point off. :lol:

Erin
07-31-2008, 12:51 PM
what is your biggest regret?
Probably breaking up with my high school boyfriend my first year of college for another guy. He treated me so well and the relationship I left him for turned out to be one of the worst mistakes of my life.

if you could change one thing about your life what would it be (even if it means something from long ago that you could do over)?
I would have left an abusive boyfriend as soon as he started being abusive rather than 3 years later.

what is your proudest accomplishment (other that your masters of course!)
Being so self-sufficient at such a young age.

do you like chocolate?
I don't like chocolate candy. Like candy bars, hershey's kisses, gag!
But I do like chocolate cake, ice-cream and brownies.

paper or plastic?
I've actually started bringing my own cloth bags to the grocery store, so neither.

coke or pepsi? (and that is a crucial question!)
I'm really not a big soda drinker. I mainly just drink tea and water. But if I had the option, I'd take Pepsi, Coke burnnnnnnssssss!

if the zombie hoardes arrived in your town today who would you save (other than your pets) and why?
My mom, sister and best friend, Dani.

i have the entire beauty and the beast soundtrack on my ipod. also selections from the little mermaid! :couple:
Awesome! "Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme......"

Who would be your ideal Lost member to be stranded with?
Sawyer! :evil:

have you already been told that you look like those Northern Renaissance Madonnas?
Actually yes, sort of! There was a guy I dated in college who the first thing he ever said to me was I looked like I belonged in painting from the 1500's.

*edit* And after reading this, I was looking around at some pictures online and I really DO resemble some of these paintings. Wow. Like this one from Hubert Eyck:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/MidWorldGirl/61739The-Ghent-Altarpiece-the-Virgi.jpg

Yes, some amazing art came out of this time period. I love Hieronymus Bosch's work. He was Northern Renaissance, right?

Hey, i'll most likely still be single in Vegas. Woo hooo. (and no, I would'nt slap anyone, :lol:)

Just be caureful which pick-up line you use, and that you don't have bad breath and spill your beer on her.
He speaks the truth. ::nods head::

I think just using the phrase "best moves" probably takes at least one point off. :lol:

Randall Flagg
07-31-2008, 01:51 PM
How tall are you?

Do you have a strong gag reflex?

How long could you stand being alone with little or no human interaction and stimuli (this also means no books, Tv, internet, cell phones, land lines etc.)?

What is your choice for exercise?

Erin
07-31-2008, 04:42 PM
How tall are you?
I'm 6 feet tall.

Actually I have no gag reflex at all. I discovered this when I was about 12 and felt like I needed to throw up. I practically stuck my arm down my throat to try and make it happen, to no avail.

How long could you stand being alone with little or no human interaction and stimuli (this also means no books, Tv, internet, cell phones, land lines etc.)?
If I were out in nature, and able to hike and see beautiful sights, I could probably go about a month or so without anything. Also I could easily go for years without TV, internet and phones, but not without books.

What is your choice for exercise?
I like to work out on the eliptical machine. I also really enjoy hiking and try to go at least 4 or 5 times a month in nature reserves around my area.

Jean
07-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Yes, some amazing art came out of this time period. I love Hieronymus Bosch's work. He was Northern Renaissance, right?
ye-es... although I'd rather say he is in a league of his own... you don't belong in any of his paintings anyway, while Van Eyck or Robert Campin or Van der Weyden painted you non-stop!

Brice
08-01-2008, 02:41 AM
So, you're in the FBI and you've got me in handcuffs in your car. You can either take me in where you know without a doubt I'll be locked up for years or let me escape without anyone knowing...would you let me go?

please? :cry:

CPU
08-01-2008, 04:26 AM

Erin
08-03-2008, 10:43 AM
So, you're in the FBI and you've got me in handcuffs in your car. You can either take me in where you know without a doubt I'll be locked up for years or let me escape without anyone knowing...would you let me go?

please? :cry:

I'd so let you go.

But I may have to shoot myself in the leg a la Sayid-style to make it look legit. Then you'd really owe me. :P

John Blaze
08-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Actually I have no gag reflex at all. I discovered this when I was about 12 and felt like I needed to throw up. I practically stuck my arm down my throat to try and make it happen, to no avail.

:ninja:

say what? :unsure:

how are YOU doing?

Erin
08-03-2008, 02:45 PM
It does come in handy in regards to certain things. ;)

Daghain
08-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Your fan club just exponentially expanded due to that revelation. :lol:

Erin
08-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Are you a member? :evil:

Daghain
08-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Well, I can't imagine how your lack of gag reflex would help me any....

....but yeah, I'm a fan. :lol:

Letti
08-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Erin darling,

Which is your favourite thread here?

Have you ever head really short hair?

Are there any kinds of animal you don't like?

Erin
08-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Which is your favourite thread here?
I absolutely love the fottergrafs and Pictures of Kids and Pets threads. I just love seeing pictures of all our members and getting a glimpse into their lives. My second favorite thread is the "How has the Dark Tower Affected your Life?" thread. It's amazing how 7 books can have such an amazing and profound impact on people and how they can change lives.

Have you ever head really short hair?
I haven't! When I was in middle school/early high school, I usually kept it a little above my shoulders, but never shorter than that. Pretty much since my senior year, i've had it quite long, usually to my mid-back. Someday though, i'd love to chop it all off and try a very short 'do.

Are there any kinds of animal you don't like?
I hate caterpillars and spiders. But I really like every other living creature. Even snakes.

Brice
08-04-2008, 11:37 PM
can those you arrest/detain opt for a sloooooooooooooooooowwwwww frisking as opposed to the standard frisking?

Erin
08-05-2008, 02:10 AM
:lol: The slow, sensual frisk? Yes. And I include massage oil and candles.

Daghain
08-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Wow. Now that's a GOOD use of my tax dollars. :lol:

Patrick
09-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Hello dear Erin,

What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world?

Patrick
09-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Erin,

In Las Vegas they let you move about the giant casinos with an alcoholic beverage in hand.

What is, or what do foresee being, your "walking around" drink of choice?

Darkthoughts
10-01-2008, 12:42 PM
What are you going to be for Halloween this year?

Jean
10-01-2008, 10:18 PM
when will we finally see you here?

alinda
10-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Do you believe in ghosts, and/or have you ever seen one?

Brice
10-09-2008, 05:00 AM
What is the cruelest thing you've ever done?
What is the kindest thing you've ever done?
What is the cruelest thing ever done to you?
What is the kindest thing ever done for you?

Letti
10-14-2008, 01:11 AM
If you could ask one question from God (if there is any) /or someone or something that knows the answer to every question what would it be?