PDA

View Full Version : Starship Troopers 3: Marauder

citiesburnred
07-23-2008, 08:07 PM
So I'm really excited for the third movie in the series and the return of Johnny Rico...I realize the second movie was absolutly HORRIBLE but still I can't help but count down the days to this ones release....

Anyone even nearly as excited for this as I am?

razz
07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
loved #1, but i haven't gotten to see the second. i hear it's bad tho, that only one person was supposed to return for the second film and they didn't, and there rest of the people from the first film were shown in those recruiting advertisements and such like in the first film. should i watch the second?

citiesburnred
07-23-2008, 08:21 PM
the second one was awful and as far as I can tell it only relates to the first in that it's a group of federation soldiers...no one from the first one was in it and the whole plot was shifted for an emphasis on the importance of psychics in fighting the bugs

citiesburnred
07-24-2008, 01:29 PM
they're releasing a set that incudes all 3 movies on the same day that Marauder's coming out (Aug. 5th)

Rjeso
07-24-2008, 04:49 PM
I :heart: Starship Troopers. Never saw the sequel, though, as it looked god-awful. I do want to see this one, though, since Rico's back. That should make it worthwhile.

razz
07-24-2008, 07:23 PM
i saw a few previews for #3. not sure where tho

Fathers Face
07-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah I saw the first one when i came out and thought it was awesome. I never saw the second movie and also heard many bad reviews.

citiesburnred
07-24-2008, 07:34 PM
yeah I really doubt they're going to branch Marauder to Hero (ST2) other then by name because it was so bad and so few people actually saw that one...I doubt they'd even be able to even if they want because that movie was just absolutely terrible....a disgrace to the Starship Troopers name...like someone on the IMDB message boards said they should just scratch the 3 off and let people assume it's the second...

razz
07-24-2008, 07:35 PM
something about stranded soldiers, a new bug that gets inside people, and trouble with telekinesis (if there's a movie i don't get a chance to watch i got to wikipedia so i can get the gist of the movie, but vaguely enough that id doesn't spoil anything if i get to watch it)

citiesburnred
07-24-2008, 07:58 PM
something about stranded soldiers, a new bug that gets inside people, and trouble with telekinesis (if there's a movie i don't get a chance to watch i got to wikipedia so i can get the gist of the movie, but vaguely enough that id doesn't spoil anything if i get to watch it)

That's basically the whole movie right there with all the fluff taken out...

razz
07-24-2008, 07:59 PM
:lol:

Woofer
07-26-2008, 05:16 AM
I wish they wouldn't call these movies Starship Troopers and call them bug trouble or something. I've never seen 2, but the first is so much easier to watch if they didn't keep reminding me that it's supposed to be based on a Heinlein novel with which it shares nothing more than the names. At least the first had Clancy Motherfucking Brown in it. Is he in the second? I'm too lazy to check IMDB at the moment.

citiesburnred
07-26-2008, 08:44 AM
he was not I don't think anyone from the first was

razz
08-01-2008, 03:16 PM
i just saw the commercial for starship troopers. i was typing and suddenly heard RICO!!!!!!

William50
08-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I loved the 1st. The second was ok, but I am really pumped for the 3rd. http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0049.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

citiesburnred
08-05-2008, 08:22 PM
So has anyone else seen it yet? I bought the trilogy on Blu-Ray and watched them all in order today...It was...interesting...to say the least...Not as good as he first but better then the second...and I enjoyed the new bug concepts

Hornet of Death
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
The 2nd was s**t, but the new one - even it did not have the budget of the classic original movie - has it's good sites. It's cheap story writing with a few good scenes but what made the movie for me was the spirit.
Thing like the singing defence minister were just great and reminded me strong of the first film. Plus: Casper Van Dien is back.