PDA

View Full Version : The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Ricky
07-23-2008, 07:49 AM
I can't believe there's not a thread about this! I can't wait to see this movie! I'm a huge fan of the series and the whole concept of the films. Although this one isn't set in Egypt and doesn't have Rachel Weisz (:arg:), I'm really excited about this. Alot of people seem to keep bashing this one and I'm not too sure why.

I'm definitely going to see this opening day. Anyone else looking forward to this as much as I am? :excited:

fernandito
07-23-2008, 08:02 AM
I think people (myself included) are a little skeptical about watching this film because it looks a little too CGI-heavy.

With that said, I still plan to watch this in theatres, being a fan of the first two movies.

Ricky
07-23-2008, 08:28 AM
CGI in terms of the Mummy armies? If so, they've had that in the previous two films. If you're talking about something else, I'd like to hear what you have to say. Not being sarcastic, I'm just curious.

It's people like you darn Batman fans who will stop it from doing well in the box office. :lol:

fernandito
07-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Okay, let me rephrase myself - the CGI in this film doesn't look very, shall we say... convincing?

I just don't want this movie to suffer the same way the second movie did with the CGI'd Scorpion King, because that was ATROCIOUS.

Ricky
07-23-2008, 08:43 AM
I completely agree! The Scorpion King was horribly CGI'd!! However, there has been a giant advance in CGI since the 2nd movie. I think it will be better than the 2nd but, of course, there will be parts that are not very convincing.

From the trailer, the only thing that I have a problem with are the Yetis. Even if the CGI turns out to be bad, I still am looking forward to the amazing sets and scenery.

theBeamisHome
07-23-2008, 11:52 AM
I agree that the Scorpion King CGI SUCKED, I also agree with feev that i'm a lil skeptical of this movie, not really because of the CGI but more because Rachel Weisz isn't in it :angry:. It comes out on my birthday (turning 21) so maybe I'll get drunk and see it.. :lol:

Mattrick
07-29-2008, 06:43 PM
I hate the mummy movies and Brendan Fraser. Movie looks lame. Arnold Voosloo > Jet Li

William50
07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
I think that the 1st mummy was ok, but the second sucked big time! I'm not even going to watch this new one.

Ka-mai
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
I used to love the Mummy more than anything. The second was a big disappointment and I'm not even going to see the third. I have very little faith in sequels.

William50
07-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I used to love the Mummy more than anything. The second was a big disappointment and I'm not even going to see the third. I have very little faith in sequels.

I agree about sequels. I would say that 85% of the time, they suck.

Ricky
07-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Man, is there at least one Mummy fan who's excited about this?

fernandito
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Signs point to No.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-30-2008, 02:36 PM
I've GOT to go and see it whether I like it or not.

I took a girl to the 1st Mummy movie on our first date and she ended up as my wife! :rose:

Ricky
07-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Signs point to No.

Loser. :shoot:

theBeamisHome
07-31-2008, 10:38 AM

I took a girl to the 1st Mummy movie on our first date and she ended up as my wife! :rose:

awwwwwz

The Lady of Shadows
07-31-2008, 04:57 PM

hell yeah. f'n rick o'connell is my hero man.

"oh i hate mummies."

"Hey Bennie! Looks to me like you're on the wrong side of the river!"

Ricky
07-31-2008, 06:03 PM

hell yeah. f'n rick o'connell is my hero man.

"oh i hate mummies."

"Hey Bennie! Looks to me like you're on the wrong side of the river!"

Yeah, turtlesong!! :high fives turtle:

I'm going to the 6:30pm showing tomorrow night. I can't wait to see this movie!!

The Lady of Shadows
07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
and once again i whine and moan that my husband is out of town and i await his return so that i too can partake of the movie going extravaganza. ::sigh::

don't post any spoilers but let me know how it is. :excited:

Empath of the White
07-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Looks like good old B-movie fun, so I'll be seeing it.

Ricky
08-01-2008, 07:29 AM
and once again i whine and moan that my husband is out of town and i await his return so that i too can partake of the movie going extravaganza. ::sigh::

don't post any spoilers but let me know how it is. :excited:

Sounds like the ending to a depressing novel. :wtf:

I'll definitely tell you how it is! Though we both know it's going to be amazing! :excited:

William50
08-01-2008, 12:58 PM

awwwwwz

Yeah, I would say there is no getting out of that one. :cry:

fernandito
08-01-2008, 03:27 PM
From IGN.com -

"If it were not for Meet Dave then The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor might have been the worst movie of summer 2008."

That's f'n harsh! :lol:

William50
08-01-2008, 03:43 PM
From IGN.com -

"If it were not for Meet Dave then The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor might have been the worst movie of summer 2008."

That's f'n harsh! :lol:

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0081.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

theBeamisHome
08-02-2008, 04:52 AM
hmmmm... where's Ricky?? maybe he saw it last night and now agrees with us... because i saw it... on my birthday!!! wtf kind of present is that? geesh my birthday sucked. i just should have stayed at home and played FF 12.... *sigh*

the dialogue was god-awful.

Ricky
08-02-2008, 06:09 AM
I saw it last night and didn't get home until late so I didn't get a chance to post. Anyway, I thought it was great! I honestly don't understand why everyone is saying it's so terrible (maybe because the fan boys and girls can't afford TDK for the 5th time?). Before I saw the movie, I was a little concerned about the GCI dragon, yetis, etc. They were amazing!! Complete difference from the God-awful Scorpion King CGI in 2001.

I really enjoyed the China theme and the new characters. Although nothing beats the original with Imhotep, this was was entertaining as well. Jet Li was also suprisingly good as the new "mummy". Though not the traditional mummy as in the first two, I liked how they played around with the concept.

My only complaint was that Rachel Weisz wasn't in it. Of course I knew that months ago, it didn't feel right watching Maria Bello on the screen in place of Rachel.

Overall, I liked the film and the special effects and will happily add this movie to my DVD collection once it comes out!

If you haven't seen it, don't judge by the trailer...go see it!

theBeamisHome
08-02-2008, 07:22 AM

fernandito
08-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Hahaha!

Ricky
08-02-2008, 04:08 PM
It might just be me, but I don't believe anyone is holding a gun to your head making you go watch it.

theBeamisHome
08-05-2008, 11:35 AM
i'm just messing with you Ricky. i went to see it cuz my lil cousin wanted to and i didn't think she should go alone... and it was my birthday and i didn't want to do NOTHING.... anyways i picked on her too about it. because i can tell she didn't really like it but is trying to save face by saying "it was okaayy.." :lol:

:l

Ricky
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I guess you are forgiven. I sentence you to go back and watch this movie 5 more times.

theBeamisHome
08-05-2008, 11:49 AM
:rofl:

:scared:

Brainslinger
08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
I liked the second when I saw it at the cinema. I was given the DVD as a present, and I quite liked it too. Then the other day I watched it again with my Dad... and it struck me that it kinda sucked. Ok that's unfair, it really isn't that bad, and the mummys and jackal guys were fun but even so...

I put the DVD on ebay shortly after.

I haven't seen this one. Not too fussed really, although the footage in the ad wasn't bad.