PDA

View Full Version : Sylvia in the unrevised book *SPOILERS*

Empath of the White
07-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Was she still the same crazy old lady who got laid by Walter? And did Roland do the gun trick with here there? If so, why?

I'd love to get a copy, but, much like FFVII, the price is fucking ridiculous.:doh:

Wuducynn
07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
She was the same, hot, smoking, sex-goddess on two flabby, delicious legs as the original.

Empath of the White
07-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks.

So was she carrying your child way back then?

Wuducynn
07-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Man I only wish.

bluelph24
07-23-2008, 12:05 PM
I'd love to get a copy, but, much like FFVII, the price is fucking ridiculous.:doh:

you must be talking about the hardcover ed of the original gunslinger, cause i just got a copy off of ebay for something like 3 dollars. i mean, sk only revised the thing in 03, signet had editions out prior to than theat look exactly like the new ones except the new ones have a star on them that say "new and revised" or some such thing. either way, you can pick up a used copy pretty cheap off of ebay.

Brainslinger
07-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Was she still the same crazy old lady who got laid by Walter?
She's not that old. Ok, she might be, but she hasn't aged that much, if you see what I mean, time being funny and all. (I'm thinking middle aged at most.)

And I confess, I found her description rather hot too.

And did Roland do the gun trick with here there?
He did indeed. Dirty boy.

If so, why?
For the same reason he did in the revised version I imagine. (I'm not entirely sure why he did it at all though. Arguably to exorcise the demon child that might be within her, but I think he was mainly doing it as a threat. You'd think a gun to the head would suffice, but Roland felt the need to be especially nasty for some reason. (Maybe it was his magic intuition of doing the right thing, or maybe he was perving.)

Empath of the White
07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
OT: I felt at the time (after reading W&G, learning of Jericho Hill) Roland was carrying a hell of a lot of baggage and Tull was where he unloaded a good deal of it.

Thanks gents. I'll check that out, bluelph. That's exactly what I had been looking at. I originally wanted to have the Grant-published hardcovers of the series with the original dust jackets.

Letti
07-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Of course she is the same. Did you hope to see a new kind and tame Sylvia who helps the old and young? :)

Empath of the White
07-31-2008, 05:12 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of milk and cookies and an orphanage for wayward kitties. :P

Okay then, actually I was wondering if she referred to the child she was carrying as the Crimson King's.

Wuducynn
08-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Okay then, actually I was wondering if she referred to the child she was carrying as the Crimson King's.

I think so. It's left up to speculation though, one of the Dark Tower series's many mysteries.

LadyHitchhiker
08-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Mordred could have had a sister/brother.... if it weren't for Roland...

jayson
08-01-2008, 07:32 AM

It seems that if Sylvia's child with the CK were born there'd have been no need for a Mordred. The whole Mordred plan was only enacted bc Roland aborted the CK's child with Sylvia.

Wuducynn
08-01-2008, 07:41 AM

It seems that if Sylvia's child with the CK were born there'd have been no need for a Mordred. The whole Mordred plan was only enacted bc Roland aborted the CK's child with Sylvia.

Thats what I believe also.

jayson
08-01-2008, 07:42 AM

Then I must be right :)

Wuducynn
08-01-2008, 07:44 AM

Then I must be right :)

That was the natural conclusion.

CyberGhostface
08-01-2008, 07:46 AM
In the Unrevised (original) it was just Walter's baby and not the King's. Also, I've seen paperbacks of the original at used bookstores a lot.

LadyHitchhiker
08-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Awwwwww com'on! I like the idea of having a spidergirl!!!!! :(

Wuducynn
08-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Awwwwww com'on! I like the idea of having a spidergirl!!!!! :(

Well Liz, you've got those Marvel comics you can read...

LadyHitchhiker
08-01-2008, 07:52 AM
:( :pouts:

I like the idea of a family of werespiders...

CyberGhostface
08-01-2008, 07:54 AM
One emo spider with bowel problems was enough, thank you. :P

LadyHitchhiker
08-01-2008, 07:58 AM
I want a whole herd of them...

Empath of the White
08-01-2008, 05:12 PM

For sport or pleasure? With some work you might be able to obliterate the Alpaca market. Think about it, Lady: you see lots of old retired people doing the animal breeding thing. The golden oldies need to stay active; what would be better for keeping the oldsters active than raising were-spiders for sport and profit?

Oh and thanks Cyber Ghostface; that's what I was looking for. :)

Míchéal
08-01-2008, 05:15 PM
I got a copy of the original for free in a second hand bookshop because I bought a few things (total 8euro)... pretty common me thinks?

Empath of the White
08-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Hmmm, I've never seen it locally (only have a Books-A-Million ugh); for those who got the paperbacks, was it Signet or a different publisher. A trip to Barnes and Noble is in order; if any store has it, they should.

Míchéal
08-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure what the publisher of mine is, but it's a shitty old paperback,falling apart really...i'll check when i'm back home...

LadyHitchhiker
08-02-2008, 06:27 PM

For sport or pleasure? With some work you might be able to obliterate the Alpaca market. Think about it, Lady: you see lots of old retired people doing the animal breeding thing. The golden oldies need to stay active; what would be better for keeping the oldsters active than raising were-spiders for sport and profit?

Both but mostly I will ride one to work so that way I don't have to pay the high gas prices and they can eat any customers who offend me... ;)

CyberGhostface
08-02-2008, 06:54 PM

Glad to be of help. :)

Letti
08-02-2008, 10:17 PM
This thread is about everything but Sylvia.

Wuducynn
08-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Yes, let us swing this thread back to talking about Her Imperial Majesty, The Queen of Hotness, Sylvia Pittston.

Wuducynn
08-02-2008, 11:19 PM

Oh and where did you get the impression that she was old? I never did.

jayson
08-03-2008, 04:13 AM

Oh and where did you get the impression that she was old? I never did.

She couldn't have been all that old if she was able to get pregnant.

Letti
08-03-2008, 04:17 AM
I think she was quite young but she seemed older than she really was. That's how I imagine her.

LadyHitchhiker
08-03-2008, 05:35 AM
I pictured her in her late 20s or early 30s...

Wuducynn
08-03-2008, 05:37 AM
I pictured her in her late 30's or early 40's.

Letti
08-03-2008, 05:42 AM
I pictured her in her late 30's or early 40's.

Absolutely the same here.

Brainslinger
08-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Yes. Middle aged but the firm curvy side of middle age...

Don't mind me it's been a while. ;)

Wuducynn
08-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Yes. Middle aged but the firm curvy side of middle age...

I hear ya brother!

theBeamisHome
08-05-2008, 12:41 PM
wow.... i didn't get the hotness thing with Slyvia at all... it was here endowment wasn't it? the curse of a prominent bosom i know all too well :cry:

Wuducynn
08-06-2008, 10:49 AM
wow.... i didn't get the hotness thing with Slyvia at all... it was here endowment wasn't it? the curse of a prominent bosom i know all too well :cry:

I hope that you will change your paradigm one day and think of your "endowment" as a blessing instead of a curse.

theBeamisHome
08-06-2008, 10:50 AM

I hope that you will change your paradigm one day and think of your "endowment" as a blessing instead of a curse.

*sniff*
but i can't wear cute lil shirts without looking like a whore.... :lol:

Wuducynn
08-06-2008, 10:52 AM
*sniff*

Just because you look sexy doesn't mean you look like a whore. ;)

theBeamisHome
08-06-2008, 10:54 AM
*sniff*

Just because you look sexy doesn't mean you look like a whore. ;)

:huglove: