Green Mile
Shawshank
Stand By Me
Secret Window
Dreamcatcher
:thumbsup:

Brainslinger
07-18-2008, 02:35 PM
The shorter story adaptions are seem to be the best overall don't they? Although I rather liked Carrie, and I thought The Stand series was rather good.

I would be interested in reading his thoughts on the worse adaptions though, so:

Salem's Lot - Rather estranged from the book, but has it's good points I reckon.

The Shining - I actually though this was a great film.It deviates quite a bit from the book though. Jack Nicholson's character was certainly iconic. I felt he had a much smaller journey than the book equivalent though. I.e. the book version, is generally decent guy with a dark side that comes out when he's drunk. Jack Nicholson's version seemed pretty dark from the start to me though. King's thoughts on this could be interesting.

Shawshank- I choose this as it's such a faithful adaption. Nice to get King's thoughts on something that was successfully adapted, and his view on the tagged on happy ending. Personally it gave me a nice feeling.

Carrie. First book. First film adaption (I believe.) I'd like his thoughts on this.

Not sure of the last. I'm going for another success though(despite what I said at the start):
The Green Mile.

Heather19
07-20-2008, 11:44 AM
I think my 5 would be
Stand by Me
The Shining
Shawshank
Children of the Corn
Dreamcatcher

Some were good adaptations, some bad, and some that took the basic idea from his story and ran with it in their own way.