View Full Version : Patrick Rothfuss *spoilers*

Alex
07-17-2008, 08:40 PM

mia/susannah
07-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I have not heard of it until now.

The Lady of Shadows
07-20-2008, 10:43 PM
okay - first of all i thought you had a gold membership. how much more do you need? never mind, i'm just sending you some.

second - i was captivated just reading the first two paragraphs. so no bribery needed. i'll just add it to my list. :)

Disincarnate
07-26-2008, 03:13 PM
I loved this book! I'm amazed there are no more Rothfuss fans around. He already has a huge fanbase on the internet.

I can't wait for the next book in the series. It would be out sooner but there's stuff happening with his dad, I think.

This series is going to be so great. I mean, it's called The Kingkiller Chronicles. That's about as epic as a series title can get.

Disincarnate
07-26-2008, 03:14 PM
EDIT: So apparently my computer has issues. Second double post of the day.

For conversations sake, what did you think of the way the book ended/began. What's with the spider demon things?

Disincarnate
07-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah, and why isn't his sympathy working?!?!

I hate starting a series before it's completed. :-(

Disincarnate
07-31-2008, 06:45 PM
I was kind of upset that they had to kill the dragon. I thought it was so funny how it wanted to put out fires so it would roll around on them.

The way he described it made a really vivid picture in my head though. I could totally imagine him running on top of those rooftops while all the buildings were on fire. I thought that was one of the best scenes in the book.