PDA

View Full Version : Roland: Saved or Damned - Companion Thread and Poll

The Lady of Shadows
07-16-2008, 11:03 PM
this is kind of a companion to the roland: saved or damned thread.

i'm really curious about the first choice, which is "the next loop is the last before final salvation". i know many of you gave some specific answers in that thread but i'm looking for a percentage. i want to know how many of you really think it's the horn, how many of you just hope or wish it's his final loop, or how many of you have another idea in mind.

ETA: everyone say thank you to jean for fixing my stupid mistakes. thanks jean!!!

Lee
07-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Is there gonna be a poll? With explanations of course. ;)

The Lady of Shadows
07-16-2008, 11:07 PM
yeah, i'm working on it. stupid board won't let me make one yet. grrrrrrr. i think it's actually me though. stupid turtle.

Lee
07-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Ah it's ok. I just thought I was missing something. :) no worries.

Jean
07-16-2008, 11:21 PM
for me it's both "some action" - like saving the Universe and the souls of a number of people (don't know that the former is more important than the latter, by the way) and "some other reason", namely, some developments inside his own soul: learning to repent and to love, among others. The horn is only a sigul, which stands for both, I think.

Brainslinger
07-20-2008, 05:40 PM
I chose the middle one, 'some action in the loop'. I don't necessarily think it's is last iteration, but I think it is the actions that lead to his salvation, the horn is merely a symbol of this. A symbol that is required certainly, I don't think he would have gained it without certain actions, or coming to a certain understanding in the journey the books describe. He gained one stepping stone on he path to salvation, signified by the horn and he has more to gain.

I don't think that necessarily means he'll gain a physical object each time, mind (he'd be overloaded by the final loop and would be lucky to drag one boot behind the other let alone giveing Suze piggy backs... ;) )

Tony_A
07-29-2008, 03:37 AM
Something from this loop. I agree with Jean, especially with Roland's actions during volume VII and how he dealt with loss here as opposed to how he did earlier on. Is this different from the previous loops? I say yes. While I believe that Eddie, Jake, Susannah, and Oy are always in each loop, I also believe that things go down differently in each.

razz
07-29-2008, 06:26 AM
what about the possibilitiy that each loop is not in the same world? i don't think anyone has mentioned that. each time he reaches the tower, he is sent to a different world, where things may be a little different, so when he reaches the tower, it will send him to yet another world a little closer to the true tower. of course roland thinks he's always in keystone tower world.

or maybe the tower is preparing him. Roland is not yet ready to see what is at the top, o he is sent back repeatedly until the tower decides his mind is ready or something.

jayson
07-29-2008, 06:34 AM
what about the possibilitiy that each loop is not in the same world? i don't think anyone has mentioned that. each time he reaches the tower, he is sent to a different world, where things may be a little different, so when he reaches the tower, it will send him to yet another world a little closer to the true tower. of course roland thinks he's always in keystone tower world.

or maybe the tower is preparing him. Roland is not yet ready to see what is at the top, o he is sent back repeatedly until the tower decides his mind is ready or something.

The Tower is only a Tower in the Keystone Tower world. There are no other worlds he could go to where he could reach the Tower at all.

razz
07-29-2008, 06:36 AM
that we know of. you have to think. it's the tower. it's infinity. it's apparently sentient. it can damn well whatever it pleases. it can make other towers. but that's just me.

jayson
07-29-2008, 06:38 AM
that we know of. you have to think. it's the tower. it's infinity. it's apparently sentient. it can damn well whatever it pleases. it can make other towers. but that's just me.

It is just you Razz my friend. King explicitly says the Keystone Tower level is the ONLY level on which the Tower is a Tower and the only one where it is accessible.

cbo680
07-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Im about half way through DT7 and eddie is shot so is this the last of him :(

jayson
07-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Im about half way through DT7 and eddie is shot so is this the last of him :(

Do you really want it spoiled for you? Just keep reading.