PDA

View Full Version : Which would you like to see more?

CyberGhostface
07-15-2008, 07:16 PM
I've mentioned this a number of times but I felt that it might need a topic.

Does anyone think Stephen King should write original work for Marvel, and not just authorize adaptations/extensions of preexisting work?

For example, take a look at Joe Hill's Locke & Key right now. It's completely original and has nothing to do with his previously established work.

As much as I'm enjoying the second Dark Tower arc (didn't care much for the first) and I'm looking forward to The Stand, I'd much rather see King write something completely different that we haven't seen before.

Brainslinger
07-16-2008, 07:32 AM
I agree. I'm not even sure if I will get the Stand comics simply because I've got the unabridged novel at home. On receiving the sketchbook, looking at the art and also the style they're taking (i.e. focusing each early book on an individual character, starting with Flagg - which is unusual as he doesn't turn up until later in the book) I'm certainly becoming pursuaded, although I'm not quite there yet.

As I imagine extras will be minimum for the comics (I'll find out from reviews etc.) I might wait for the GN for this adaption though.

I'll continue grabbing the Dark Tower comics piecemeal though.

jhanic
07-16-2008, 07:48 AM
I've said many times before, I really want to see ORIGINAL works, not reprints. I've enjoyed the second Dark Tower arc a lot (even though I'm definitely NOT a graphics novel kind of guy). I'll be getting The Stand issues mainly because I'm also a big collector, but not really because I want to "see" the story.

John

Daghain
07-16-2008, 08:02 AM
I deleted your duplicate post for you, cyber.

I voted original too. I'd love to see some new stuff.

MonteGss
07-16-2008, 09:02 AM
This is easy for me. I want to see new stuff by King. I think Cyber had a great point with Locke and Key.

I will, however, buy all the remaining DT comics and all The Stand comics too. :)

jayson
07-16-2008, 09:11 AM
I concur, new material would be my preference. I will nonetheless keep collecting the DT comics and am really looking fwd to The Stand.

Empath of the White
07-20-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm content with the Tower comics for now, but I'd love for him to do some work with Eddie Brock's character.

The Lady of Shadows
07-20-2008, 06:16 PM
i'm always always always going to go for an original work. no questions. i've resisted the comics (or graphic novels or whatever i'm supposed to call them) because even though he authorized them and all they aren't him. they aren't his thoughts, his characters doing his things, his way. does that make any sense?

obscurejude
07-20-2008, 06:21 PM
they aren't his thoughts, his characters doing his things, his way. does that make any sense?

It does to me. :couple:

gsvec
07-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Original would definitely be preferred, but I, too, have been buying all the DT comics and will by all of the Stand ones. I've also really liked Locke & Key - waiting for #6!

mia/susannah
07-20-2008, 06:24 PM
I would like to see Stephen King write some original work for marvel.

stone, rose, unfound door
07-24-2008, 05:12 PM
I voted like most people here for an original story. After all, we all had different pictures in our minds of the situations and the characters in the DT series, so what's the point of drawing things that everyone imagines a different way? Getting us hooked on a new story, though, adds some more magic to the original one, doesn't it? :)
I'm not sure I'll get the Stand comics because (there everybody's going to throw rocks at me) I didn't actually like the story in the first place. So seeing something that I found uninteresting a second time, though in a different media, is definitely not something I'm looking forward to.

jhanic
07-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I'd like to know why whoever voted for the adaption of a previous work did so. I can't imagine why.

John

Míchéal
07-24-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure I'll get the Stand comics because (there everybody's going to throw rocks at me) I didn't actually like the story in the first place. So seeing something that I found uninteresting a second time, though in a different media, is definitely not something I'm looking forward to.

You better duck... :evil:

stone, rose, unfound door
07-31-2008, 02:09 PM

You better duck... :evil:

ducked ok apparently ^^ You can try again :P