PDA

View Full Version : Daghain

Daghain
07-07-2008, 07:44 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/502/thumbs/daghain.jpgLet’s see…where to begin…

I was born and raised in Saginaw, MI, where I graduated high school and
community college, held a bunch of crappy jobs, and eventually met the
man who (I thought) was the love of my life at the ripe old age of 27
and followed to Colorado.

After a couple of crappy jobs in Colorado, I landed a job in a box
factory and eventually married said love of my life in 1995. In 1998, he
passed away, and I stuck it out in Colorado on my own. I went back to
college, met the (real) love of my life in 2001, and earned an English
degree in 2003, which was when I started looking for a nice white-collar
job somewhere.

Apparently my company did not want to lose me, and it happened that the
girl who worked in accounting was getting promoted to another plant, so
I became the Senior Accounting Associate (read: ONLY Accounting
Associate) in 2003. By 2004, I had forgotten how shitty going to school
full time and working full time was, and went back for my accounting
degree, which I earned in 2007. I then got promoted to Plant Accountant,
and that’s where I’m at career-wise.

Life-wise, I’m still with the love of my life, and “mother” to my
cat-brat, Pixel. I like to hike, bike, rollerblade (I’m learning), read,
write, watch indie films and remodel my 1974 condo, which is 95% done as
of this writing (well, at least until I can afford some
gut-remodeling!). I don’t collect anything because I am a compulsive
neat freak and I don’t like to spend a lot of time dusting.

My first Stephen King book was The Shining, which I read when I was
thirteen. It scared the hell out of me, and I was hooked. Every year for
my birthday and Christmas I would ask for Barnes and Noble gift cards so
I could fill my King library. During this time I ran across The
Gunslinger, and I was one of the ones who had to wait for all the books
to come out – it was truly painful. Totally worth the wait, however!

Darkthoughts
07-07-2008, 07:48 AM
:rock: Cool! I've been waiting for your turn :D

Who, besides King, is your favourite author?

Do you have a favourite artist?

Where in the world, that you haven't already been, would you most like to go hiking?

Does being an accountant and being a neat freak really go hand in hand?

Why oh why do you like china dolls? :lol:

Daghain
07-07-2008, 08:22 AM
How did I know you'd be first? :lol:

Who, besides King, is your favourite author?

Jane Austen.

Do you have a favourite artist?

I actually have two. Michael Whelan, and Michael Goddard.

Where in the world, that you haven't already been, would you most like to go hiking?

Hmmm. That's a tough one. I think I'd like to hike around Scotland.

Does being an accountant and being a neat freak really go hand in hand?

Oh, no. My old area controller was the messiest person I know. :lol:

Why oh why do you like china dolls?

I don't particularly. That sig and av I had up were from a Deviant Art search for Gunslinger pictures, and I just thought they were cute. The fact that they freaked you out was a bonus. :lol:

MonteGss
07-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Oh Daggers, I remember when you stumbled into our little Trivia Funhouse over at .net. We've loved you ever since...:wub:

Do you ever get teased or ridiculed, as I do, for being such a neat freak? :lol:

Do you like burritos from Chipotle?

Do you have a favorite TV show?

What is the longest book you've ever read?

Sam
07-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Are you a true redhaired lady or does your red come in a bottle?

If your Irish comes in a bottle, what brand?
If your Irish is real, what's your favorite brand of bottle?

If you choose not to answer these questions, fine! Be that way!

Daghain
07-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Aww Monte, you know I love you too. :wub:

Do you ever get teased or ridiculed, as I do, for being such a neat freak? :lol:

Ironically, not as much as you would think. No one wants me to help them clean out their garages or anything, though. :lol:

Do you like burritos from Chipotle?

I'm on a low-carb diet (well, I cheat like hell when it comes to beer :lol:) so I can't eat them. But, I'm not a big fan of Chipotle, anyway.

Do you have a favorite TV show?

Mad Men. I totally love it! DBF bought me the first season on DVD for my birthday.

What is the longest book you've ever read?

That's a good question. I think The Stand is the longest. And I've read both versions.

fernandito
07-07-2008, 09:11 AM
:D

What's your first name? Or is that classified info?

Have you ever thought about having kids?

Will I ever catch you in the Online List?

Randall Flagg
07-07-2008, 09:13 AM
What is your first name?

What foreign countries have you been to?

Any phobias?

Daghain
07-07-2008, 09:17 AM
What's your first name? Or is that classified info?

What, you don't like calling me Barbara? :lol:

It's Ann. I just don't like it so I prefer to use my screen name on here. :)

Have you ever thought about having kids?

Yeah, for about two seconds. I am NOT a kid person.

Will I ever catch you in the Online List?

It's not looking that way!

What is your first name?

See above. :)

What foreign countries have you been to?

Canada and Ireland.

Any phobias?

No, not really. At least, I can't think of any.

obscurejude
07-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Did you like studying English in school or did you get burned out with academic side of it?

Would you consider listening to Elliott Smith?

Are you going to tell Pixel that Santa isn't real?

Do you consider your present job crappy like the previous or is it better somehow?

Can you give me the solution to the human condition?

Daghain
07-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Did you like studying English in school or did you get burned out with academic side of it?

I did love studying English for the most part, but it did ruin pleasure reading for me for awhile. It's hard to turn off the analytical part of it, you know?

Would you consider listening to Elliott Smith?

Depends on what kind of music he plays. But I'd probably give him a try.

Are you going to tell Pixel that Santa isn't real?

Well, she's only five. I thought I'd keep the illusion for her for another year or two. It's horrible to ruin their childhoods like that.

Do you consider your present job crappy like the previous or is it better somehow?

Working on the shop floor was crappy - cold in the winter, hot in the summer, and just all around physically demanding. Now I have an office with a mountain view, a really cool boss, and I don't have to work very hard, really.

I absolutely love my job. :)

Can you give me the solution to the human condition?

Valium in the drinking water? I truly don't know.

obscurejude
07-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Could I e mail you my resume?

Where can I get a bucket of valium for cheap? :lol:

Are you still going to open the pub in Ireland or is the present job just too sweet?

And, can I still serve drinks at the said pub?

MonteGss
07-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Can I be the "Norm" type at your bar? The guy that has his own seat on the corner and that is there everyday, drinking Guinness? Please? :)

Daghain
07-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Could I e mail you my resume?

Sure. But we're not hiring. :lol:

Where can I get a bucket of valium for cheap? :lol:

Oh honey, if I knew the answer to that I'd be a MUCH mellower person. :lol:

Are you still going to open the pub in Ireland or is the present job just too sweet?

That's still my dream retirement job. But I don't think I'll ever be able to afford it.

And, can I still serve drinks at the said pub?

Absolutely!

Nerak
07-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Where did Daggers come from?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

What is your favorite flavor of Popsicle?

Favorite cartoon growing up?

Daghain
07-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Where did Daggers come from?

Darkers (Darkthoughts) started it. Probably because everyone mispronounces my screen name. :lol:

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I don't look that far ahead. I can only do one or two days at a time. :D I'm pretty sure I'll be doing what I'm doing right now, more or less.

What is your favorite flavor of Popsicle?

I don't eat popsicles, but I guess if I did I would have to say grape.

Favorite cartoon growing up?

All the old Roadrunner cartoons. I'm a Wile E. Coyote fan.

jayson
07-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi Dags. Here are some music questions... (big surprise there coming from me)

Who is your favorite music artist/band?

If you had to (and let's pretend you do) pick a favorite album what would it be?

Do you play music? If so, how long have you been playing? If not, what one instrument would you like to learn if you could?

What is the best live music experience you've had (a favorite concert for instance)?

Jean
07-07-2008, 11:46 AM
do you have a talisman?

if you were an animal, who would it be?

Daghain
07-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Who is your favorite music artist/band?

Breaking Benjamin

If you had to (and let's pretend you do) pick a favorite album what would it be?

Phobia - Breaking Benjamin

Do you play music? If so, how long have you been playing? If not, what one instrument would you like to learn if you could?

I took guitar lessons for 3 years back when I was 16 or so, but I never got very good at it. I've been toying with the idea of picking it back up. That, or the violin. But I suspect I'll never be really good at it. :lol:

What is the best live music experience you've had (a favorite concert for instance)?

I haven't gone to many concerts, but back when (and this will date me :lol:) Prince did his Purple Rain tour I went - and it was an awesome concert.

Do you have a talisman?

I have a St. Christopher's medal that my mother gave my father when they were first dating. It's a stick pin type that he always had in headliner of his car. When he passed away, I inherited it and I've had it in all my cars ever since. As a matter of fact, before they towed my beloved Bluie away, I got the medal out of the car so it wouldn't get stolen. :lol:

If you were an animal, who would it be?

I would be a tiger.

wizardsrainbow
07-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Hey there. I am really lovin this Q&A with the staff...Hope I like it as much when it's my turn:unsure:

On to the questions:

1) As a fan myself of Wile E. Coyote, did you (like me) watch that show hoping that the Road Runner would get caught at least once?

2) Of the Dark Tower series, which book is your favorite and who is your favorite character?

3) If you were to cheat on your husband, would it be for Roland or Eddie?

4) what is your perfect way to relax?

Thanks in advance!!!!

mia/susannah
07-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Hey Daggers?

If you ever had the chance to hike the Catsill Mountains, would you?

What is your favorite food?

jayson
07-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I took guitar lessons for 3 years back when I was 16 or so, but I never got very good at it. I've been toying with the idea of picking it back up. That, or the violin. But I suspect I'll never be really good at it. :lol:

I would love to learn how to play violin as well. There are just certain tones that a violin/fiddle can get that are so unique to that instrument and so beautiful.

I haven't gone to many concerts, but back when (and this will date me :lol:) Prince did his Purple Rain tour I went - and it was an awesome concert.

Prince rules. You're lucky to have gotten to see him. Not all of his music is stuff I like, but his guitar-playing is just plain sick and I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone who can play as many instruments as he can. Not to mention, he played with Miles Davis so that makes him special in my book.

Daghain
07-07-2008, 12:08 PM
1) As a fan myself of Wile E. Coyote, did you (like me) watch that show hoping that the Road Runner would get caught at least once?

Of course! Even though I knew darn well it wasn't going to happen. I blame the Acme Company. :lol:

2) Of the Dark Tower series, which book is your favorite and who is your favorite character?

The Drawing of the Three is my absolute favorite, and Roland my favorite character. I think I fell in love with him reading DotT - you really get a feel for his personality in that one.

3) If you were to cheat on your husband, would it be for Roland or Eddie?

Well, if I were married, I would never cheat on my husband, but since I think you were going for the hypothetical here, I'd say it would be Roland, no question.

4) what is your perfect way to relax?

Sitting on my deck with a vodka martini and a good book.

If you ever had the chance to hike the Catsill Mountains, would you?

Sure!

What is your favorite food?

BBQ pork ribs. MMMMMMM.

Prince rules. You're lucky to have gotten to see him. Not all of his music is stuff I like, but his guitar-playing is just plain sick and I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone who can play as many instruments as he can. Not to mention, he played with Miles Davis so that makes him special in my book.

Yeah, I think he started to lose it not long after Purple Rain, but some of his stuff is pure gold.

Odetta
07-07-2008, 12:25 PM
My turn! My turn!

1) What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?

2) Favorite time of year?

3) Cake or pie?

Darkthoughts
07-07-2008, 12:32 PM
I so envy you that Prince concert!
I'd say he went downhill after Sign O'The Times - do you like that album?
What's your all time favourite Prince track?
Did he play it when you saw him?

jayson
07-07-2008, 12:36 PM

Yeah, I think he started to lose it not long after Purple Rain, but some of his stuff is pure gold.

I agree completely. His best albums are definitely from Purple Rain backwards to the beginning of his career. The more recent albums I still give a listen to because there will still be a killer guitar riff or solo somewhere in there and I can't miss those. Most of the time when I want to listen to Prince I put on the 1987 New Year's Eve session at his Paisley Park studio where he and his band ran through about 1/2 an hour of funk classics including a monster version of James Brown's "Cold Sweat" and then jammed all that into a nice long jam with Miles joining them. It's a a funk/jazz masterpiece and contains some of Prince's best guitar playing.

Daghain
07-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Are you a true redhaired lady or does your red come in a bottle?

It used to be real, but now my natural hair color is mostly gray. :lol: The color I use is close to what my natural color used to be.

If your Irish comes in a bottle, what brand?

Miss Clairol. :D

If your Irish is real, what's your favorite brand of bottle?

You mean alcohol?

1) What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Got married. :lol:

2) Favorite time of year?

Fall. I like to see the leaves turn.

3) Cake or pie?

I like them both, but if I were forced to choose I would say cake.

I so envy you that Prince concert!
I'd say he went downhill after Sign O'The Times - do you like that album?

I like parts of it, but that is about where I think he started to lose it. :lol:

What's your all time favourite Prince track?

When Doves Cry

Did he play it when you saw him?

Yes. It was awesome!

fernandito
07-07-2008, 04:11 PM
What's your favorite video game? (PC or Console)

Any celebrity crushes?

Favorite superhero?

Daghain
07-07-2008, 05:13 PM
What's your favorite video game?

Starcraft

Any celebrity crushes?

For awhile I had a huge crush on Mike Holmes from the Holmes on Homes TV show - but I suspect that's because I really wanted him to come over and fix my freaking house. :lol:

Favorite superhero?

I honestly don't have one. I was never a big fan of superheroes.

The Lady of Shadows
07-07-2008, 08:27 PM
are you still answering questions? i missed out on brice :(

if you are here are a few:

1. do you remember the road runner's theme song? do you remember the words?

2. what does DBF stand for (everytime i see that i think of DLF from the narnia books - dear little friend)

3. if you could change one thing about your life what would it be (other than the getting married thing)

Daghain
07-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Brice's thread is still open. He's fair game!

1. do you remember the road runner's theme song? do you remember the words?

Roadrunner, that coyote's after you...roadrunner, if he catches you you're through...

Oh yeah, I remember it. :lol:

2. what does DBF stand for (everytime i see that i think of DLF from the narnia books - dear little friend)

Dear boyfriend

3. if you could change one thing about your life what would it be (other than the getting married thing)

I would have gone to college right out of high school. That may have saved me years in crappy jobs. :D

Sam
07-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Yes, I meant what's your favorite alcohol (beers count).

What's your favorite position? (Mine is the pro legalizing pot or the pro gay marriage even thought I've never smoked pot and am not gay. I like messing with people's heads.)

What is your favorite movie? (I didn't find that question.)

If you could change one of your life's regrets, what would you do instead?

What is one thing you have wanted to do but never taken the chance to do? (If you can, you should do it. Life's far too short to not.)

Lee
07-07-2008, 10:58 PM
What's your one vice?

What if your favorite dessert?

What your best accomplishment in life?

What kind of car do you drive?

What was a profound moment in your life? A life changing moment?

(im all over the place, -sorry :P )

Odetta
07-08-2008, 06:55 AM
If you met SK and could ask him only one thing, what would you ask?

Daghain
07-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes, I meant what's your favorite alcohol (beers count).

Well, I'd have to say Easy Street Wheat is my favorite beer. Vodka is my favorite alcohol.

What's your favorite position? (Mine is the pro legalizing pot or the pro gay marriage even thought I've never smoked pot and am not gay. I like messing with people's heads.)

Okay, when I read that first sentence I took it totally the wrong way. :lol:

I really don't care about either of those issues enough to argue about it, but I have no problem with legalizing pot (and taxing the hell out of it) and I as far as the marriage thing goes, I just want a level playing field. Either everyone can get married or everyone can get domestic partner benefits, regardless of sexual orientation.

What is your favorite movie? (I didn't find that question.)

That's a hard one. If I could only pick one, I guess I'd have to say Flash Gordon. It has just the right amount of cheesy to be good. :)

If you could change one of your life's regrets, what would you do instead?

I wouldn't change anything about my past, because it's made me who I am now, and I'm pretty happy overall.

What is one thing you have wanted to do but never taken the chance to do? (If you can, you should do it. Life's far too short to not.)

I've always wanted to write a novel. I may just do it someday. :D

What's your one vice?

I only get one? It would have to be beer, then.

What if your favorite dessert?

I don't eat sugary foods in general, but if I had to pick one thing it would be pineapple upside-down cake. MMMMM.

What your best accomplishment in life?

I'd have to say getting my English degree. I worked full time in the factory and went to school full time as well. It was hard, but totally worth it.

What kind of car do you drive?

Well, I WOULD be driving my Honda Fit if the lazy idiots at the dealership would finish fixing it. GRRR.

What was a profound moment in your life? A life changing moment?

Probably when my husband died. That was a real eye-opener about not letting the little things get to you so much. Who cares if you roll the tube of toothpaste or squeeze it from the middle? I got a large dose of perspective at a fairly young age (32) and I think that changed the way I look at a lot of things. Oh, I can still be nitpicky like everyone else, but overall I don't worry about a lot of stuff I used to.

sarah
07-08-2008, 07:20 AM
YAY Daggers! :couple: I can't wait to drink with you in Vegas. woot!

How did you and DBF meet?

What is your favorite Jane Austen book and movie adaptation?

When is Harry Potter coming out in paperback? I'm getting a bit nervous that you haven't read it yet. I mean Vegas is only a couple of months away and all.

Do you like watching any sports? If so what and who is your team?

Tell me how you make your favorite drink?

Is it true that darkers coined daggers? I always thought it was sarajean :doh:

Daghain
07-08-2008, 07:27 AM
How did you and DBF meet?

We met on Matchmaker.com. After 7 1/2 years, I think we should be good advertising for them. :lol:

What is your favorite Jane Austen book and movie adaptation?

Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book. I haven't seen too many of the movie adaptions, so I don't really have an opinion there.

When is Harry Potter coming out in paperback? I'm getting a bit nervous that you haven't read it yet. I mean Vegas is only a couple of months away and all.

I have no idea. One day I'll see it in the store and pick it up. I'm patient. And I think I know all the spoilers anyway, which doesn't bother me.

Do you like watching any sports? If so what and who is your team?

I only watch hockey and then I only watch when the Colorado Avalanche play. They are my favorite team.

Tell me how you make your favorite drink?

Three parts vodka (Level I, Ketel One, or Gray Goose if I can afford it) and just a touch of vermouth (Noilly Prat). Shake with ice and garnish with 3 olives. :D

MonteGss
07-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Is it true that darkers coined daggers? I always thought it was sarajean :doh:

I thought it was me or JB. :(
I'll keep pretending it was me. :lol:

Daghain
07-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Nope, I'm pretty sure it was Lisa.

fernandito
07-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Shit, I always thought it was Sarah :lol:

Ricky
07-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I forget if any of these were asked before. If they have, than tough! :lol:

If you could own any edition of any book, what would it be and why?

What is your favorite TV show?

Do you like old people or do you just find them needy and annoying (I love old people :))?

Do you have a favorite number?

If you had $1 million and you could only spend it on 5 things, what would they be?

Daghain
07-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Shit, I always thought it was Sarah :lol:

Now you have me wondering if you are right. :lol:

If you could own any edition of any book, what would it be and why?

I would love a signed first edition of the original Gunslinger. But who wouldn't?

What is your favorite TV show?

Mad Men

Do you like old people or do you just find them needy and annoying (I love old people :))?

I generally find old people very interesting. They usually have a lot of great stories to tell.

17. I have no idea why.

If you had $1 million and you could only spend it on 5 things, what would they be?

Hmmm...let's see...a house, a car, a nice vacation, buy my mom something nice, and a new wardrobe. :)

Ricky
07-08-2008, 10:32 AM

17. I have no idea why.

That's pretty scary, Daghain. Out all of the billions of numbers out there, we both share the same one. :scared:

(Sorry, I just realized that the 'Favorite TV' question was already asked)

Jean
07-08-2008, 10:36 AM

17. I have no idea why.

That's pretty scary, Daghain. Out all of the billions of numbers out there, we both share the same one. :scared:
interesting. That is one of my three best friends' favorite number. (if someone is interested - the one who lives in Paris, Michael).

It's not of course "all those billions", because favorite numbers are almost always picked out of the first twenty, and they often are prime numbahs... but still, still...

Daghain
07-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Creepy. :lol:

Ricky
07-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Of course Jean, who doesn't love dem prime numbahs. Anyone who don't like dem is a honky mahfah. :lol:

fernandito
07-08-2008, 12:22 PM
What's your favorite color?

Daghain
07-08-2008, 12:24 PM
What's your favorite color?

Green

Ricky
07-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Have you ever tried sushi?

If it rained muffins, how would you react?

Pool filled with Jell-O or pudding?

Would you rather have Eddie's (previous) drug addiction or Susannah's lack of legs?

If you could go back in time, would you have the heart to kill Hitler?

jayson
07-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Do you have a favorite season/time of year?

When will you post more pics of your adorable cat?

fernandito
07-08-2008, 12:34 PM
If you could meet one historical figure, living or dead , who would it be and why?

Daghain
07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Have you ever tried sushi?

Yes, but I prefer sashimi.

If it rained muffins, how would you react?

Show up with butter and a knife?

Pool filled with Jell-O or pudding?

Jello. The colors are much more festive.

Would you rather have Eddie's (previous) drug addiction or Susannah's lack of legs?

Drug addiction. You can't get your legs back, but you can get sober.

If you could go back in time, would you have the heart to kill Hitler?

I would do that without a second thought.

Fall. I like the leaves turning.

I guess I need to take some more of her, don't I? :lol:

Daghain
07-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Looks like I missed a couple.

If you met SK and could ask him only one thing, what would you ask?

Wow, that's a hard one. I guess I would ask him what he would be doing for a living if he weren't writing.

If you could meet one historical figure, living or dead , who would it be and why?

Edgar Allan Poe. He had to be one weird individual.

Ricky
07-08-2008, 12:42 PM
What is sashimi?

Daghain
07-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Basically raw fish. Yummy.

jayson
07-08-2008, 12:45 PM

Fall. I like the leaves turning.
It's what I miss the most since I moved to Florida.

I guess I need to take some more of her, don't I? :lol:

Pixel pics are always appreciated. :)

Randall Flagg
07-08-2008, 01:41 PM
How tall are you?

Do you sing in the shower-if so, any particular song most prevalent?

When someone says they have "good news and bad news", which do you prefer to hear first?

Are you a good arm wrestler?

Daghain
07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
How tall are you?

5'3"

Do you sing in the shower-if so, any particular song most prevalent?

Generally I don't sing in the shower. The car now, that's another story. :lol:

When someone says they have "good news and bad news", which do you prefer to hear first?

Bad news. That way I have something to look forward to.

Are you a good arm wrestler?

Not particularly. Nine years of working in a factory have kind of messed up my joints a bit. Against a woman I could probably do very well, but most guys could take me out in less than 5 seconds. :lol:

Ricky
07-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Since when do you live in Italy Daghain? That's news to me! :lol:

Daghain
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
That's an Irish flag, Ricky. :lol:

It's just up there for my amusement.

Ruthful
07-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Is working as the chief accountant for a box factory as sexy a profession as you make it sound?

fernandito
07-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Where the hell is TerribleT? :orely:

Ricky
07-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Dammit Daggers, what if everyone just put a random flag up there? Huh? HUH?

My mental stability is at stake here!

:rofl:

Daghain
07-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Is working as the chief accountant for a box factory as sexy a profession as you make it sound?

Oh, you know it, baby. :lol: At least, there's never a dull moment!

Where the hell is TerribleT? :orely:

He left the company about a month or so ago. Last I heard he was contracting somewhere.

John Blaze
07-08-2008, 05:35 PM

Nordic flags weren't an option. :(

a Valkyrie needs a Norse flag. :angry:

P.S. I thought I coined Daggers... and Darkers too. :ninja:

Daghain
07-08-2008, 06:36 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think sarajean did it. :lol:

You may have started Darkers, though. :)

John Blaze
07-08-2008, 10:41 PM
if you say so :(

Brice
07-09-2008, 01:17 AM
How many people have tried to lay claim to naming you and Lisa, Darkers and Daggers? :rofl:

Darkthoughts
07-09-2008, 03:34 AM
No, it was def me :P Its somewhere in that thread where theres a picture of you, me and Jean being Oliver, Artful Dodger and Fagin...I think Maer started the whole Darkers thing in that same thread ;)

MonteGss
07-09-2008, 05:55 AM
NO!!! It was me that did it!

:lol:

Ok, I'm over it now.

Darkthoughts
07-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Hah! It was not and I can prove it...without giant letters :lol:

fernandito
07-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Perhaps a polls' in order? Where's Sarah? :rofl:

sarah
07-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Did someone say poll? :lol:

I coined darkers. I know because I called her that in my head for weeks before I posted it online. Anyways...I just texted sarajean about and no one should argue with her memory. She remembers all. I'll let you know what she says about the whole thing when she texts me back.

EDIT:

I heard back from sarajean as she confirmed that Lisa coined "daggers". So there everyone. Don't mess with sarajean and her memory or she will take you down. :lol:

Odetta
07-09-2008, 06:54 AM
It wasn't you, it was the one-armed man!

Jean
07-09-2008, 06:56 AM
No, it was def me :P Its somewhere in that thread where theres a picture of you, me and Jean being Oliver, Artful Dodger and Fagin...I think Maer started the whole Darkers thing in that same thread ;)
here's (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=47112&postcount=1291) the picture; it already said Darkers and Daggers. This post (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=47009&postcount=1286)could throw some definite light on history, but, as it often happened, Daghain neglected to attribute the quote.

EDITED:
I found it. The quote belongs to Darkthoughts, and is the reply to this post by Maerlyn (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=45932&postcount=1226). Which could prove her authorship, if no further research shows someone else's use of the term pre-dates hers.

sarah
07-09-2008, 07:02 AM
nice jean! :couple:

Daghain
07-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Ha! I'm glad you found that pic, Jean. I was going to go looking for it. :lol:

ETA: I went back and looked, and the quote I quoted was from Darkers. :D

Jean
07-09-2008, 07:43 AM
I had it saved anyway, it's my favorite. I often look at it. I don't have many family pictures other than that. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wink-1.gif

Darkthoughts
07-09-2008, 11:34 AM
:lol: Awesome! Jean, you should be an archivist :D

*high fives Daggers and Maer*

:grouphug:

Jean
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Lisa: come to the Castle some time next week... you will be surprised. The bear is a born archivist

Irish Dawn: back to the topic - did you like Sense and Sensibility adaptation, with Emma Thompson?

Daghain
07-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Irish Dawn: back to the topic - did you like Sense and Sensibility adaptation, with Emma Thompson?

I haven't seen it. I have 3 or 4 on my DVR, I just haven't gotten around to them yet. :lol:

Jean
07-09-2008, 12:00 PM
that's the one I really liked!

Daghain
07-09-2008, 12:01 PM
It may be one of the ones I have. I'll have to take a look.

Darkthoughts
07-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Daggers - a friend just lent me Jasper FFord's The Ayre Affair. Have you read it? Is it good?

Jean - now I'm intrigued!

Daghain
07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Daggers - a friend just lent me Jasper FFord's The Ayre Affair. Have you read it? Is it good?

I've never even heard of it. :lol:

Ricky
07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, since everyone is fighting over who coined "Daggers", I thought I'd just throw my name into the mix. :D

Darkthoughts
07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Aha! It's part of a series, time travel and stuff - I'll let you know how it goes :thumbsup:

Heather19
07-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Are you still taking questions, if so where did the name Daghain come from?

Also just recently on PBS on masterpiece theater they did a whole Jane Austen collection of some recent adaptations of her stories. You should check them out, there were some good ones in there.

Daghain
07-13-2008, 07:13 PM

Yep, questions are open!

Daghian came from a years-ago random Irish name search. I had heard of an Irish name, Dagan, meaning dawn, and upon finding a really good Irish name site (run by two Irish women!) I discovered it's actually Daghain. I've always liked it, so I used it at .net and continued it over here.

Also just recently on PBS on masterpiece theater they did a whole Jane Austen collection of some recent adaptations of her stories. You should check them out, there were some good ones in there.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely look for those!

Jean
07-13-2008, 11:24 PM

Yep, questions are open!

Daghian came from a years-ago random Irish name search. I had heard of an Irish name, Dagan, meaning dawn, and upon finding a really good Irish name site (run by two Irish women!) I discovered it's actually Daghain. I've always liked it, so I used it at .net and continued it over here.
while we are at it, how do you pronounce it?

MonteGss
07-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Beeee-yotch!

Darkthoughts
07-14-2008, 02:54 AM
:lol: I believe its pronounced "dain".

Daghain
07-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Darkers has it. :)

And Monte: :P

Ricky
07-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Wow, I was totally pronouncing it wrong:

Dag-hane

Oh well, that's how I'm still going to pronounce it. :rofl:

Darkthoughts
07-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Don't worry, we all did that :lol:

Odetta
07-14-2008, 07:58 AM
hey, dark! stop posting in here and answer all your questions!

Daghain
07-14-2008, 07:59 AM

Jean
07-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Don't worry, we all did that :lol:
no, I always pronounced it "dawn", and most likely will do so in the future

Daghain
07-14-2008, 11:46 AM
:D

Tiffany
07-15-2008, 02:21 PM
In your heart of hearts, are you a princess or a bandit?
Favorite time of day?
If you could go back in time and watch any historical event while it takes place, which would it be?
What's your favorite comfort food?
What are a few of your guilty pleasures?

Daghain
07-15-2008, 06:51 PM
In your heart of hearts, are you a princess or a bandit?

Bandit, all the way. I could care less if I chip a nail. :lol:

Favorite time of day?

Dusk. The colors are really pretty.

If you could go back in time and watch any historical event while it takes place, which would it be?

Ooh, that's a hard one. Maybe the first flight into space? That would be pretty spectacular.

What's your favorite comfort food?

BBQ Pork Ribs. Love them!

What are a few of your guilty pleasures?

Martinis, cheesy movies, and the occasional teen angst novel. :lol:

Patrick
09-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi Irish Dawn,

What is the strongest craving you get?

Daghain
09-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Pizza. Double pepperoni, onion and cheese. MMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Patrick
09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Good answer. Now I'm hungry. :doh:

Daghain
09-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Me too!

Patrick
09-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Daghain,

In Las Vegas they let you move about the giant casinos with an alcoholic beverage in hand.

What is, or what do foresee being, your "walking around" drink of choice?

Daghain
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Probably beer. Otherwise I'll be passed out drunk by 9:30. :lol:

Patrick
10-01-2008, 10:04 AM
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Daghain
10-01-2008, 10:19 AM

Darkthoughts
10-01-2008, 12:47 PM
When you do indulge your inner girly, whats your favourite chick flick?
Do you watch it on the couch in pj's with a blanket? :D
What snacks would you eat and what would you drink?

Daghain
10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh, this is easy, I just saw it last night: Bridget Jones' Diary.

Definitely in pj's on the sofa (blanket if it's cold) and probably having wine and cheese. :D

Darkthoughts
10-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Mmmmm! I've got wine...I might have to go raid the fridge now :lol:

Whats your favourite thing you've ever seen on Devart?

Daghain
10-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Generally it's whatever I'm using for my av or sig at the moment. But of course right now I'm not using anything from there. :lol:

Darkthoughts
10-01-2008, 01:07 PM
'kin hell woman, that was bloody quick :lol:

Daghain
10-01-2008, 01:12 PM
I happened to be in the thread at the time. :lol:

wizardsrainbow
10-02-2008, 12:13 PM
What would make your Vegas weekend the "greatest"? What are you hopin' for?

Daghain
10-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Well, if it could be anything, then I would say the one thing that would send it over the moon is if Stephen King showed up. :lol:

But really, just meeting all you guys will make it an awesome weekend. :)

sarah
10-06-2008, 07:18 AM
What is DBF's take on the Vegas trip?

My hubby thinks I'm all sorts of crazy but that isn't anything new....:lol:

Where is your favorite traveling spot within a two hour distance from your house?

Do you have any big travel plans for 2009?

Daghain
10-06-2008, 07:28 AM
What is DBF's take on the Vegas trip?

He's done Internet friend get-togethers before, so this is completely "normal" to him. :lol:

Where is your favorite traveling spot within a two hour distance from your house?

Well, it's hard to pick just one - Denver, Estes Park, and a ton of good hiking/showshoeing trails are within 2 hours of me. I guess if I had to pick one, it would be Denver, because there's a ton of stuff to do there.

Do you have any big travel plans for 2009?

Sadly, no. I'm hoping to do the 2010 TDT gathering, though!

alinda
10-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey daggers, my question for today is
Do you believe in ghosts, and/or have you ever seen one?

Daghain
10-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Hey daggers, my question for today is
Do you believe in ghosts, and/or have you ever seen one?

I think the existence of ghosts is possible. I've never actually seen one, but after my husband died some seriously weird, unexplainable shit happened for a little while afterwards, and when my dad died my mom had a couple of weird things happen. She's not a believer in ghosts but she couldn't come up with a good explanation for one thing that happened. I think maybe some souls have to stay behind for awhile and make sure their loved ones are okay before they can move on.

Brice
10-09-2008, 04:58 AM
What is the cruelest thing you've ever done?
What is the kindest thing you've ever done?
What is the cruelest thing ever done to you?
What is the kindest thing ever done for you?

Daghain
10-09-2008, 06:34 AM
What is the cruelest thing you've ever done?

Well, I posted the long version up in another thread, but in high school a bunch of my friends and I got this one girl we couldn't stand to believe some guy liked her. It was pretty mean.

Is it bad that I can't think of an answer for this one? :lol: I guess it would have to be giving to charity. I'm pretty picky about who I give money to.

What is the cruelest thing ever done to you?

Probably my late husband's inclination to chase teenage girls hurt the most.

What is the kindest thing ever done for you?

When he died, my best friend broke the land speed record to run to my side. The next day, she showed up with a bag of groceries and hung out with me. That was awesome.

Tiffany
10-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Are there any girly ways you pamper yourself?
Biggest pet peeve?

Daghain
10-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Are there any girly ways you pamper yourself?

I am totally a non girly-girl, so I'd have to say no.

Biggest pet peeve?

People who bitch and moan for the sake of bitching and moaning. I don't mind complaining (hell, I do it all the time) but FFS, if you're never going to DO anything about it, then STFU already. :lol:

Darkthoughts
10-09-2008, 01:01 PM

Is it bad that I can't think of an answer for this one? :lol:
I had trouble with that one too :lol:

Patrick
10-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Does "FFS" stand for "For Fuck's Sake"?

If it does, then how awesome am I for figuring it out? :lol:

Also, what are we going to call you in person in Vegas, "Daghain" or your super-secret real name "Zelda Zonk"?

Daghain
10-12-2008, 11:12 AM
You are correct on the FFS. :lol: Good job!

And you can call me whatever you want - and you KNOW my real name, silly. :lol:

sarah
10-12-2008, 01:59 PM
I'll just probably call you daggers. It seems weird to call you anything else.

Daghain
10-12-2008, 08:50 PM
:thumbsup:

I'm totally down with that. I don't care for my "real" name anyway. :lol:

Letti
10-14-2008, 12:59 AM
If you could ask one question from God (if there is any) what would it be?

Daghain
10-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Well, I'm not exactly sure there is a God, but if He exists, I'd ask him why he hasn't dealt with the nuttier groups of his worshippers. :lol:

Rjeso
10-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Are you a serial killer? :P

Daghain
10-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Would I tell you if I was? :lol:

Frankly, I'm too lazy to hide the bodies - I'd get caught right away.

sarah
10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
besides meeting Jae Lee, what was the best part of Vegas?

What was the funniest part?

Daghain
10-20-2008, 06:58 PM
The best part was meeting all of you. Seriously. It felt like coming home. I knew you all online, but when I met you all in person it was like taking up where we left off. It was awesome. :wub:

The funniest part EVAR will be Patrick and the sippy cup. Hands down. :lol:

sarah
10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah, Patrick throwing down with the coloring and sippy cup was pretty hilarious. :rofl: :lol:

meeting you face to face was wonderful :wub:

Daghain
10-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Agreed. And snuggle time was beyond my wildest expectations. :wub: