PDA

View Full Version : Chants and Things.

Darkthoughts
05-22-2007, 09:40 AM
This "thing" wasn't written intentionally as poetry, more just to vent on paper. It sounded like a tribal chant in my head as I wrote it, a pounding kind of rhythmn:

Animosity
That creeping monstrosity
How do we fight it?
Did we invite it?
A piece of tinder,
We ignite it.
Don't feed the flames
Calling of names
Placing blames
You it shames!
Rise above it
Reach out and love it
Extinguish the heat
Forgiveness has it beat
Unimportant issues
Flush away like tissues
Until you're left with something healthy
No way in for the mean and stealthy.
Peace.

OchrisO
05-23-2007, 03:06 AM
I could very well see this in a completely different light than chant type stuff. When I read it, it flows sort of like beat poetry. Not the cliche bongo stuff, but Kerouac Mexico City Blues type stuff.

Darkthoughts
05-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Cool, thank you! I didn't really know what to call it, chant seemed the closest thing.

Jon
05-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I could see this one going many ways!

Mayhap consider adding to it.

I like it!

Frunobulax
06-02-2007, 10:53 PM
It was definitely beat poetry to my ears, DarkThoughts. IT flowed really well and works wonderfully as a recitation or even lyrics.

Jon
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
nothing new?

Jon
08-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey damn it! You are a good writer...stop teasing us and write more!!

Darkthoughts
08-24-2007, 05:59 AM
:D Sorry - I'm doing a bit of research right now for a story - it fairytale-ish and I wanted to brush up on my folklore, to make it as credible as an incredible story can be :P

I'll see what I can come up with inbetween though - thanks Jon :)

cozener
03-31-2008, 07:17 PM
From this poem, I'll bet you could come up with some pretty nifty spells for any magic wielding character to say in this new story of yours. Yes, the poem did sound like beat poetry but with different words but a similar rhythm it would be a lot like something a witch would chant over her cauldron.

Edit: I just realized this was posted this past summer. Guess you're done with that story by now anyway. :lol:

Jean
03-31-2008, 11:18 PM
:D Sorry - I'm doing a bit of research right now for a story - it fairytale-ish and I wanted to brush up on my folklore, to make it as credible as an incredible story can be :P

I'll see what I can come up with inbetween though - thanks Jon :)
it has been more than a half-year since you promised!
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_shocked.gif

Jean
08-01-2008, 11:29 PM
bump bump bump

Bump?

Darkthoughts
08-03-2008, 05:26 AM
:lol: Sorry - I must admit I haven't even been in this part of the board since last year.

The story I was writing was my nanowrimo story, that I didn't complete. I'm very good at starting projects and very bad at finishing them!

I need to warm up a bit writing wise. I've been painting and drawing more than writing this year...but I'll go check out the poetry circle and other contests, for practise, before I write something more in here ;)

Thanks for coaxing me back :couple: