PDA

View Full Version : I Am Elena

ZoNeSeeK
07-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Has anyone seen the anti sex trafficking video called I Am Elena?

Its intensley shocking and Emma Thompson has lent her considerable talent to the ad. Its caused alot of controversy around the place and youtube has restricted it to 18+, due to the high level of adult themes in it. As far as I know it hasn't been branded with any official censorship but it is aimed at a mature audience. If you are under the age of 15 I'd suggest discussing this with a parent or guardian before viewing.

Here's the link, but be warned that if topics addressing rape, prositution and violence offend you then dont watch it. Sex trafficking is a huge problem in Europe and Asia and thousands of young women are duped into lives of servitude and prostitution every year under the disguise of an offer of a better life.

YouTube - I am Elena

I think its important for people to be exposed to strong messages like these and the more a community is aware of a certain issue the more ready it is to act come election time. As far as I know this ad was designed for UK/Euro audiences and i'd be interested in hearing what (if any) outcomes have occured from our Euro peeps.