PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think? (Mild Spoilers)

kingfansweden
06-29-2008, 06:10 PM
ok, I have talked about this with my brothers, but wanna hear what you guys think to.

about IT, dreamcatcher and insomnia.

pennywise = mr gray = the red king (not sure if hes called "the red king" in the book, but thats what they translated it to)

therefore:

the turtle = duddits = the balled doctors??

John_and_Yoko
06-29-2008, 08:42 PM
I haven't read Dreamcatcher, but I've read the others, and I have to say I don't see the connection at all.

First of all, Pennywise was killed at the end of IT, and the Crimson King is very much alive all throughout Insomnia which is set later.

Also, let's not forget that only two of the three Little Bald Doctors serve the Purpose--the third, Atropos, serves the Random. Even disregarding that, the other two said they were "Long-Timers," meaning they're still mortal even though they live a lot longer than us. The Turtle was around for as long as Pennywise, which indicates that he's a lot older. I hesitate to even bring up the fact that there is ONE Turtle, while there are two "good" LBDs (three if you count Atropos).

Now, maybe they serve similar purposes in each respective story, but I don't think they're the same individuals.

kingfansweden
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
you dont? :O

what about in the plane, when the red king says something about that changing the apperense is an old trick in derry?

but the conection between IT and dreamcatcher is stronger. you know that pennywise tells both george and bev that hes name is grey and that hes father where mr. grey but theyre both the same... a bit like the father son and holy ghost but in a king-way.
well, the bad guy in dreamcatcher is called mr. grey too, and in one place even the nickname pennywise comes back.
you should read it, its great! :)

John_and_Yoko
06-30-2008, 01:36 PM
I might well read Dreamcatcher sometime. Not soon, though--got a lot on my plate at the moment.

But that's interesting, if true--though there is still the fact that Pennywise was killed, in IT.

razz
06-30-2008, 01:47 PM
First of all, Pennywise was killed at the end of IT,
what about "Pennywise Lives"?

John_and_Yoko
06-30-2008, 01:51 PM
what about "Pennywise Lives"?

*scratches head*

Refresh my memory....

razz
06-30-2008, 01:53 PM
nevermind. you didn't read dreamcatcher.
but
in Derry there was a memorial where the standpipe used to be. the statues was apparently from the losers club, and spray painted on it was "PENNYWISE LIVES"

LadyHitchhiker
06-30-2008, 02:36 PM
This thread gave me tingles...

William50
06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
It gave me tingles also. It is making me think though...

Randall Flagg
06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
This thread is going to be moved. The Way Station isn't where book connections are discussed, particularly those that might be considered spoilers.
I'll leave a 1 day redirect, and change the title to indicate possible spoilers.
Thanks.

obscurejude
06-30-2008, 05:09 PM
nevermind. you didn't read dreamcatcher.
but
in Derry there was a memorial where the standpipe used to be. the statues was apparently from the losers club, and spray painted on it was "PENNYWISE LIVES"

That confused me a little but I think it was just a shout out to Derry, graffito of the bango skank variety.

Darkthoughts
07-01-2008, 09:09 AM
That's what I made of it too :thumbsup:

Darkthoughts
07-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Kingfansweden: here's what I wrote about this topic on the It connections page;

After her escape, Bev sees written on Pennywise's balloons "IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE." It also tells her to, "Tell your friends I am the last of a dying race,...the only survivor of a dying planet." This is a literal untruth, but it seemed another forerunner of Dreamcatcher, especially with Bev learning that Pennywise also goes by the name of Robert Gray (Mr Gray/the Grays being the collective name of the alien organism in Dreamcatcher).

However, in Dreamcatcher when Jonesy and Mr Gray are at the site of the old Derry Standpipe, they notice there is now a plaque in honor of the victims of IT and the victors -the Loser's. Underneath is some graffiti which reads "Pennywise lives", Mr Gray asks Jonesy, "Who is Pennywise?" thus implying they are not related characters.