PDA

View Full Version : Heroes -- watch out for **SPOILERS**

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darkthoughts
05-22-2007, 02:38 AM
A little behind you guys over here in the UK, but I'm loving this series nevertheless.
Discuss, theorize...feed me spoilers!! :D

OchrisO
05-22-2007, 02:48 AM
I just watched the season finale tonight with my group of friends who get together for it every monday. It is the ebst show on television right now. I look forward to it more than Lost most weeks, and that is saying a lot. I can't wait for season 2.

Baradin
05-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Well Now that Season one is over, what do you think? Personally I was very happy with the entire season. I think they set us up for a very nice ride. Well written characters, great plot, and amazing sub stories kept this show running without all the bad that happened to LOST (mind you second season is where Lost jumped the shark IMO, so lets hope Heroes doesn't fall that way.)

The only character I could have done without is Nikki/Jessica, but thats cause I can't stand Ali Larter. Had she been anyone else (Eliza Dushku Yeah!!) I would have had NO complaints.

As Hiro would say "YAAATAAAAAA!!!!" And man does the first episode of Volume two look like it's gonna be a humdinger!!

Hannah
05-22-2007, 09:07 AM
I used to be really annoyed by Mohinder, but by the time he had his run in with Sylar, and recognized him for who he was I started to like him. He's also pretty hot. So that's a bonus.

I loved when Ando said to Hiro, "you look badass". It made me laugh how much that cheered Hiro up.

Darkthoughts
05-22-2007, 10:02 AM
The only character I could have done without is Nikki/Jessica, but thats cause I can't stand Ali Larter. Had she been anyone else (Eliza Dushku Yeah!!) I would have had NO complaints.
I'd only ever seen Ali Larter in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back before, so I was really impressed with her in this show. I think shes believably nice and evil by turns so she works for me - what don't you like about her?

I love Eliza D, but she is forever typecast as Faith in my mind :thumbsup:

Baradin
05-22-2007, 10:22 AM
I just don't like her acting style I suppose. I find her rather wooden and unconvincing. Her only goodish role, IMO, was Final Destination (the first one). And seriously I think I woulda cast, ummm.... If they coulda gotten her Christina Ricci.

sarajean
05-22-2007, 11:11 AM
i still hate mohinder. with a passion.

the finale last night was good...until all the cheese.

i'm looking forward to next season, though...and the origins mini-series, as well.

Darkthoughts
05-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Mini series? Who, what, where and when? :D

Baradin
05-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah this summer is supposed to be a 4 episode "Mini series"

Also The Following Characters are Guaranteed next season (anyone I don't mention hasn't been confirmed):
Sylar
Peter Petrelli (Emo McDroopylip)
Claire Bennet
Hiro Nakamura (Now there's some arguement as to whether or not Takezo Kensai is actually his Father - could be it looked like Sulu under that mask....)

No one else is solid confirmed from any of the places I searched (wiki, nbc ect)

Anyone have a date for the start of the Miniseries or Volume 2?

ErinPatricia
05-24-2007, 12:53 PM
first off "Emo McDroopylip" is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

I do not make plans with my friends on monday nights. People say "Wanna go out monday night?" My stock answer is "Cant. Heroes is on."

Obsess much. Possibly lol

I liked the finale, except for the Superman 4 ending.
I cant wait for "Origins" and Volume two to come out.
And no matter what Blake says, I'm still convinced that Linderman is the Petrellis father

Darkthoughts
05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
^Whoa, thats so what I've been thinking too!!

Emo McDroopylip - poor Pete!! Its an endearing feature :lol: Although I have to admit to my favourite ep so far was watching him get character assasinated by the invisible man and pushed off a roof :D

Baradin
05-24-2007, 02:02 PM
I was cheering when Sylar cut off that emokid lock of hair : evil Sylar grin :

sarajean
05-24-2007, 02:14 PM
i read that origins will be during sweeps next february...not this summer.

i'm hoping i'm wrong.

sarah
05-24-2007, 02:31 PM
first off "Emo McDroopylip" is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

he drives me crazy! I usually fast forward through all his scenes :lol:

I liked the finale, except for the Superman 4 ending.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that's exactly what is was!

EDIT:

oh and I hate this show and I'm not watching it next season.

(i reserve the right to change my mind without notice :))

OchrisO
05-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Psssht. You know you will be watching it.

BlakeMP
05-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I TOTALLY don't see a Superman 4 ending...

For one thing, the ending of Heroes was actually watchable...

Fishonabike
05-25-2007, 09:19 AM
My overall opinion of the Heroes finale... flat. The final showdown was sort of meh.
Again, that's my opinion.

I still love the show and can't wait for next season.

Old Man Splitfoot
05-26-2007, 02:41 PM
You know, even though I really enjoyed the finale, I do agree it was a bit flat. I've been wanting an epic Peter VS Sylar fight since I came to the conclusion that Peter is a perfected version of Sylar, and the end of "Five Years Gone" only made me want to see the fight even more. But they spent too much time setting up all the heroes getting out of Linderman's office, so the fight just sort of fell flat. I did like that Isaac Mendez's portrayal of Hiro defeating Sylar came true; Isaac was one of my favorite characters, and he will be sorely missed by me, even though I totally saw his death coming.

Speaking of Isaac, I really hope they keep putting his paintings throughout the next season. Maybe someone can bust out a cashe of paintings he hid somewhere, so he can go on making predictions into the next season. As a huge comic book fan that I am, I couldn't help but like the artwork that Tim Sale did for the show; I want to see more. When the first season comes out on DVD, I'm really hoping they package the DVD set with a booklet of the paintings. Or hell, release an "Art of Heroes" book. I'd buy it.

Darkthoughts
06-05-2007, 02:44 AM
Oooh - Company Man aired here last night...it was AWESOME!!!! Really unexpected background info on HRG...and Hiro's dad!! Holy macaroni!! Is he the boss of the organization? Is he Linderman?

Baradin
06-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Did anyone else notice that Sylar had painted Uluru/wolfman in his own blood (as a future telling like Issac) right before he got dragged down into the sewer? Hold on I'll get a screencap and post the pic.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6603/clipboard01np6.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5738/clipboard01yu3.jpg

Hmmm... A new bigger badder Badass? Someone to control even Sylar? Stay tuned eh?

OchrisO
06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I hadn't noticed that, but the little girl with the tracking powers did mention a person that was way more evil than Syylar who could see her when she tried to look for him.

I still thing it is the Eye of Sauron though.

Baradin
06-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Well we've seen multiple paintings (by Issac) of a big rock like beastie (Uluru) who I am assuming is the next ubervillian.

Mordred Deschain
08-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Anyone a Heroes fan? Second season starts Sept. 24, 2007. I liked the first season. I thought it was a bit slow, LOTS of character development. Couple episodes erked me. What's your thoughts?

Mike Beck
08-27-2007, 05:22 AM
what it is, Mordred. I'm a fan of the show. And I agree with you, there were times when it was a bit slow. the last part of the season felt a little rushed or something after that hiatus. The momentum dropped. But Lost season 1 had some iffy moments too, so I'm gonna withhold my judgement on Heroes until this season is underway.

anyway, the characters are great. the style of the show is great. i'm excited to see where they go with the story now.

i'm psyched. the few previews out there look pretty rad as hell. :D

sarajean
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM
<---is a heroes fan, as well. however, this should be merged with the pre-existing heroes thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=346). :D

Mike Beck
08-27-2007, 11:11 AM
oh damn. better recognize. :D

Odetta
08-27-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm glad that I now know how to stop an exploding man.

Darkthoughts
08-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Done and dusted SJ ;)

sarajean
08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
ah. thanks, lisa. :D

Mordred Deschain
08-27-2007, 04:05 PM
OH, heh...I started a new thread on this. New season, Sept. 24.

sarajean
08-27-2007, 04:14 PM
yes, you did. we merged them.

:D

Mike Beck
08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
what trickery is this? this...merging? think you can rewrite history can you?

and I'll tell you how to stop an exploding man. show him pictures of naked old woman going to the bathroom.

and I shall leave you with that.

Lance
08-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Doesn't the first season come out on dvd today? I have to check this show out since so many of ya'll seem to love it.

sarajean
08-28-2007, 11:35 AM
yes, today.

do it lance.

( i still like lost better, though. :ninja: )

Darkthoughts
08-28-2007, 11:40 AM
I like Lost better too. Heroes started off so promising, but lost it half way imo. Like the stuff with Niki and DL finding out how Linderman had manipulated their lives - it was mentioned in a really off the cuff way, it should have been a massive revelation...it wasn't the acting that was bad - it was the script.

sarajean
08-28-2007, 11:43 AM
I like Lost better too. Heroes started off so promising, but lost it half way imo. Like the stuff with Niki and DL finding out how Linderman had manipulated their lives - it was mentioned in a really off the cuff way, it should have been a massive revelation...it wasn't the acting that was bad - it was the script.

exactly. there was so much that *could have* been done with this show, but it seems that they decided they wanted to do the opposite of what lost did. "let's not make anyone wait for any answers! we'll blow our wad immediately, m'kay?"

it's what kept the show from being, you know...good. i still watch it, but i'm not sure why.

Mike Beck
08-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Exactamundo. When Heroes first started (ep. 1-11), I was more into it than Lost. There were a lot of great ways that the story could unfold. They came back from the hiatus and it was like they had forgotten where they were going in the first place. At that point in time, Lost had only aired the first 6 eps of season 3, and i was starting to lose some interest there. So I had Heroes way above Lost.

Obviously, both of those shows went in opposite directions from there on. Heroes started to decline a little, and Lost effing skyrocketed. Don't get me wrong, even after the hiatus there were really strong episodes (company man, distractions, parasite). Every show has some slow episodes. Heroes needed a season finale that would blow people away, and I don't think it succeeded there.

HOWEVER! :D
We should only rate season one of Lost to season one of Heroes. In my opinion, Lost really found its stride in the second season, and I'm hoping Heroes does the same.

*crosses his nerdy fanboy fingers*

sarajean
08-28-2007, 01:04 PM
:lol:

this is why mike beck is my BSFF. we agree on everything.

Mordred Deschain
08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
When I started seeing the commercials for the first season, I was like, fucken aye! However, I was disapointed with how slow it took off. So much character development. But of course, I had realize it wasn't a movie.
I like it. Fox did something like it a few years ago, course it was cheap. When they had the whole "invisible man" part, I kept thinking of Mystery Men when the one kid has to take his clothes off and everyone has to turn around so he can turn invisible! :lol:

Darkthoughts
08-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Don't get me wrong - I be watching Season 2 avidly - but, as Mike said, with fingers crossed.

I think my favourite ep of season one was the black and white flashback ep (was that Company Man?) that was pure class.

Hannah
08-29-2007, 06:28 AM
So Heroes will still be on Mondays then? Sweet. I used to have to tivo that shit because I had school Monday nights... but now, no more school so I can watch it when it's on. Yay!

Mike Beck
08-29-2007, 08:37 AM
yep yep. same day, same time. less than four weeks to go.

oh sara you know it. bsff ever ever. :D

sarajean
08-29-2007, 09:57 AM
So Heroes will still be on Mondays then? Sweet. I used to have to tivo that shit because I had school Monday nights... but now, no more school so I can watch it when it's on. Yay!

i shall hold my thumbs, then, that my baby doesn't arrive on a monday.

ps. ever ever ever

Mordred Deschain
08-29-2007, 02:48 PM
I've been waiting for a show like this for awhile. I can't wait for sept 24!!

She-Oy
09-24-2007, 09:35 PM
BUMPING THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, ok. I've been a fan of this show from the first episode, but was I a little disappointed in the season premier tonight? Yeah, a little, but still excited about this season.

It started a slower than I expected, but I'm assuming it's just easing us into the good stuff.

I LOVE Tsensai (sp?). His dry humor kicks ass and Hiro's blantant confusion about "his" hero is great. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Claire's buddy? I didn't see that one coming, perhaps I was tired from the cook-a-thon I did, because I felt a big "duh" when I was him levitating. But I think he's gonna be bad news. Obviously they are setting it up for Claire to need someone to confide in because she is lonely, so he's totally going to screw her over. Besides, he knows who/what she is, that's apparent.

Little Molly pulled a real Regan McNeil didn't she? Screaming at Matt like that? What's up?

Can't wait to check this thread back tomorrow and check the other Heroes junkies comments! (cough, cough...MIKE BECK!)

Mike Beck
09-25-2007, 05:41 AM
did someone say my name?

*looks around suspiciously*

hmm. must've been the wind then.

ah. well. I really liked last night's episode. i dig the whole older generation being hunted down by whoever the F that was on the roof.

my buddy had me convinced that Nathan was actually Peter who somehow took on Candice's power to appear as Nathan. And that he also absorbed Niki's schizo power thing (the mirror business). and then that all got scrapped when Peter showed up in Ireland.

wtf.

anyway, i am digging it so far. that maya chick made the black oil come out of people's faces. pretty x-files.

rest in peace, kaito nakamura. :(

OchrisO
09-25-2007, 10:41 AM
That dude on the roof will most likely be wearing a shadowy hood for most of the season. I think one of his powers is to cast shadow around a hoodie, because I have never seen one hide a face that much.

I really enjoyed when Bennet laid it down for the boss where he works now. I may have cheered out loud a bit while sitting and watching it alone.

Also, for anyone who is an avid comic reader......Legacy Virus, anyone? They stole that shit right out of 1990s X-men.

I bet that girl is going to end up being an energy vampire like Sauron from X-Men comics too.

I expect that Clare's new friend will end up being more than a flyer. there's already a flyer on the show and I doubt they would introduce another.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed the episode and can't wait for the next one.

Mordred Deschain
09-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Dude, totally love the show!!

Mike Beck
09-25-2007, 12:33 PM
I did want to see kaito fight with that goddamn sword!

i love the idea of the older generation being hunted down. parkman is cool, bennet is the man. oChriso, we were all cheering when he fucked his boss up. That dude reminded me of Locke's boss at the box company on Lost. Just a total young shmuck. Bennet is great.

What the hell is going on with my boy, Pete?

Matt
09-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I had no idea Sulu was Hiro's father :o

I watched last night, I was a bit confused but overall it seemed like some good TV.

<--first exposure.

Mike Beck
09-25-2007, 12:37 PM
oh shit. so you never saw any of last season?

they said they'd do it in a way where you could still pick it up this season without having to know what happened last year. but, i don't know.

you'll have to be the judge of that. ;)

She-Oy
09-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Oh, wow, Matt! You may have some serious catching up to do. I can see where you would be confused by just watching last night's episode alone.

Did anyone watch Journeyman right afterwards?
The jury is still out on the verdict for that one. It's like Quantum Leap, but with some twisted love story in the middle.

Matt
09-25-2007, 01:53 PM
I did not catch Journeyman and I am seriously considereing buying the first season on DVD to make an attempt at catching up. :lol:

Mordred Deschain
09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
better yet did anyone notice the 3 Nissan ads back to back?

Mike Beck
09-26-2007, 05:58 AM
yeah, they really shoved that down our throats.

i woke up the next morning, cut myself, and wrote in blood on the bathroom mirror: MUST BUY NISSAN

Storyslinger
09-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Oh no, Mikes been turned over :scared:

She-Oy
09-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Not only did they run the commercials back to back, but that's what kinda car Claire got..."The ROUGUE? Oh Daddy!!!"

So I was thinking, "what the hell is a Rogue"...didn't take me until the next commercial break to figure that one out!

Matt
09-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Fuckin' product placement!!!

NOOOOO!!!

She-Oy
09-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah, it actually pissed me off for a moment when I realized it, but then I figured that was a waste of energy because I should know by now that anything can and will sell out...yes, even my favorite tv shows.

OchrisO
09-26-2007, 01:07 PM
They did that so you could get the last part of the show with no commercial interruptions, apparently. A lot of shows do that sort of thing now.

She-Oy
09-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Just as an experiment, I'd love to see how many Nissan Rogue's are sold in the next week.

Sadly, I bet it's a lot.

Mordred Deschain
09-26-2007, 02:13 PM
no doubt! I wasn't paying attention and almost thought they were playing the same add over and over!

sarajean
09-27-2007, 04:17 PM
i was disappointed. the only thing i really liked about it was realizing that takezo kensai is actually julian sark.

now i can drool over him for as long as hiro is in the past.

i'm thinking that hiro is actually going to wind up doing everything that kensai is supposed to do, so that his timeline doesn't get altered.

ps. i also thought journeyman was like quantum leap, and i enjoyed chuck.

Mordred Deschain
10-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Tonight tonight tonight!!!!

Mike Beck
10-11-2007, 04:47 AM
So, what's the deal with Sylar? He lost his power to take other powers? along with his original powers? you know he's gonna get em back. at least the power to take others' powers. he may have to start all over again, acquiring them, but i kind of like that. he was getting way too powerful. there was nowhere left for him to go.

and Bennet!?? No. He's my favorite. :(

sarajean
10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
uhura has aged really really well. :wub:

Matt
10-11-2007, 02:38 PM
More Star Trek characters?!?!?

sarajean
10-11-2007, 02:46 PM
indeed. and the guy who played malcolm on enterprise was on this week, too.

Mike Beck
10-11-2007, 03:55 PM
that's star trek madness!

i'm psyched for next episode. i hope peter gets out of ireland soon. that scene is kind of starting to bore me. but it was badass when he choked that dude. he liked it, and he looked evil for a second.

i think Uhura is part of the older generation of heroes. <_<

sarajean
10-11-2007, 04:42 PM
so...did peter somehow gain niki's power, and the blast split him in two, killing nathan? so each peter has various powers that he already had? cos the nathan who looked all burnt to shit in the bar in the first episode really looked like peter to me. i thought at first that it WAS peter (transformed), but they ruined that by showing him in the box at the end of the episode.

does that make any sense?

Darkthoughts
10-12-2007, 07:14 AM
No, but thats because season 2 hasn't started here yet...I can't resist me some Heroes spoilers :evil:

Mordred Deschain
10-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Damn, when is Scot Bachula gona be on?

Mike Beck
10-12-2007, 11:50 AM
I could see Patrick Stewart getting thrown into the Heroes mix. Wouldn't mind it either. I like that guy.

Darkthoughts
10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
What what what??? Quantum Leap Sam is going to be in Heroes?!! :wub: *dies*

Mike Beck
10-13-2007, 07:44 AM
no, i think it was a joke about how all these star trek folk are landing jobs on Heroes. but ya never know! :)

Darkthoughts
10-13-2007, 11:38 AM
:lol:...and disappointed at the same time :D

Mike Beck
10-15-2007, 03:41 PM
tonight. a new hero emerges from New Orleans.

i'm excited, as always. mondays are super.

OchrisO
10-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Holy shit! Parkman's dad is the nightmare man!

Oh, and Kristen Bell joins the cast next week. This makes me insanely happy.

Mike Beck
10-16-2007, 04:48 AM
There were rumors going around that Bob was the nightmare man, and I didn't buy it. I'm so glad that it's not. And that it's Mr. Parkman! That got me very excited!

no more beard for nathan.

getting bored of claire's storyline. i really hope that West dude does something evil. it's getting dragged on too much.

Sylar was great in last night's episode too. He almost makes the show.

Lance
10-16-2007, 06:54 AM
I liked how homegirl put the Smackdown! move on the robber.

Mike Beck
10-16-2007, 07:12 AM
that shit was awesome. what a cool power! i'd watch bruce lee films all day.

Mordred Deschain
10-16-2007, 02:56 PM
that was a good episode!

BlakeMP
10-22-2007, 04:30 PM

Yeah, but she can't do a New Orleans accent to save her life. :pullhair:

sarajean
10-22-2007, 05:29 PM

Yeah, but she can't do a New Orleans accent to save her life. :pullhair:
:lol: i should have realized that would bother you.

BlakeMP
10-22-2007, 07:44 PM
That and the fact that, apparently, in the Heroes universe Louisiana has counties instead of parishes...

Mike Beck
10-23-2007, 05:52 AM
i guess they didn't do their homework. <_<

so, wow. last night's episode was the BEST of the season so far. Mr. Parkman is a scary fella. I like his power. Like Stryker's son from X-men. Very cool.

Electricity chick is intriguing. I don't know what I think of her yet. But I would love to know who her father is. That was mysterious. Monica was practicing martial arts in front of the tv!!! i love that!

getting tired of hiro in japan now. let's move it on. you too peter. get the eff out of ireland already.

p.s. how bad was the green screen biz when Bennet and the Haitian were in the Ukraine? I still liked it, but come on. I thought they had a big budget. That was really cheesy. Like special effects from the 80's cheesy.

sarajean
10-23-2007, 08:09 PM
really?

last nights episode was bo-ring, imo.

although...jeff does think that it's nathan who killed kaito and attacked angela petrelli, etc.

i looked at him and said "i thought you didn't like this show enough to make predictions?!" hmph.

Spencer
10-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I really want to see this series, haven't seen any of it yet, but I'm having to wait for DVDs to catch up. It comes on the same time as RAW AND 24. :lol: I COULD watch it till 24 starts, but I don't wanna jump in in the middle, and jump out again before the end of this season.

Mordred Deschain
10-25-2007, 07:42 AM
I think the cops father might be controlling someone. I mean those 2 almost kicked the living crap out of eachother and didn't know it.

Mike Beck
11-06-2007, 08:26 AM
SJ! You didn't like that episode?? well, agree to disagree. when in Rome. :D

I feel like the story is starting to pull together now. Adam Monroe is a great comic book name. Hiro effed up in the past. Pretty cool showdown between them.

and next week we get the much anticipated 4 Months Ago episode that picks up right where the finale left off. i can't say i'm not excited for that.

OchrisO
11-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Hot damn, how about the guy Adam who was behind Parkman's dad killing everyone actually being Kensei? I guess he is immortal or something.

Mike Beck
11-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, that was pretty fricken awesome. Maury is cool, but it became obvious that he was being used by someone else.

I love that Adam Monroe is Kensei. I really liked his character, and now he's dark and twisted. excellent. hiro is gonna come looking for him now that he knows his father was murdered. uh oh. Peter vs. Hiro? Adam vs. Hiro vs. Peter? Peter and Hiro vs. Adam? I am getting perty excited about this.

now for the bad news.

this writer's strike (which is probably well deserved) is going to fuck up everything. Season 2 was originally going to be 22 or 23 episodes, split into two volumes. Volume 2: Generations is 11 episodes long. And that's as far as this season is going to go now. No more third volume. bogus as hell. They had to film episode 11's ending differently so that the season could be wrapped up, and I don't like the sound of that.

*stews in nerdy anger*

OchrisO
11-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I can't wait to see the scene where Hiro and Adam first see each other.

That really sucks about the writer's strike. Less Hero's episodes is pretty much always a bad thing. :\

Mike Beck
11-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh my god I can't wait for that showdown!! :excited:

yeah, it pretty much sucks. i'm sore about it. not only are we getting effed out of 11 more episodes of heroes, but we also get the Heroes: Origins show taken away. what the fudge? kevin smith was gonna direct one. Eli roth was supposed to direct one. can you imagine? they'd be amazing.

fuck.:harrier:

sarajean
11-06-2007, 03:36 PM
someone fill me in on what happened last week? i missed it and i was SO LOST last night.

did anyone else nearly die laughing when ugly irish girl got left to die in the future?

also, the nose full of opium line is now one of my favourite tv moments of all time.

Mike Beck
11-07-2007, 06:31 AM
hmm. last week.

here's a site with a pretty good recap: Episode 6 - The Line (http://www.heroesrevealed.com/episode-review/episode-6-recap/#more-987)

and

I thought it was hilarious. That Irish girl is really blah. I don't care about her character at all. Now she's going to lose her shit in the future. :lol:

Hiro got spacey. :D

OchrisO
11-07-2007, 10:59 AM
It'd be funny, except that we all know that Peter will remember how to use his powers at will again and return to the future to save her. She will then turn out to be deeply connected to the story somehow. Someone sent her brother to the storage building where peter was, after all.

Mike Beck
11-07-2007, 11:52 AM
based on the preview for next week, I'd say it's the Hatian behind sending him there. and of course, the memory loss. and..... Oh boy. If Peter was near the Hatian, then he's got the ability to block others powers!

sarajean
11-07-2007, 01:49 PM
hmmm. heroesrevealed.com seems to be having server issues. thanks for trying, though, BSFF.

also, chris, why did you have to piss on my parade?

OchrisO
11-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Haha. It is who I am. It is what I do.

sarajean
11-07-2007, 02:15 PM
yeah, i think i've noticed that. <_<

OchrisO
11-07-2007, 02:16 PM
You still love me.

sarajean
11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
says who?

OchrisO
11-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I have Matt Parkman's powers and Hiro's powers as well. I was outside your window listening to you thoughts last night.

(see what I did there? I kept the thread on topic. :))

sarajean
11-07-2007, 02:50 PM

one would think, though, that marijuana would have the same dulling effect on your powers that opium had on hiro's...right? therefore, the situation you have just described could not have possibly happened.

OchrisO
11-07-2007, 02:53 PM
I've been broke the past few weeks and had no smoke. My powers have really been flaring up again. When I woke up in 1944 Germany after a rather vivid and realistic dream, the first thing I thought to myself way, "Time to head back to 2007 and stalk sarajean!"

sarajean
11-07-2007, 02:58 PM
fucking lies.

although...this would explain your absence from chat the last few nights. :orely:

OchrisO
11-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, between the random teleports as I gain control of my power again and the insane amounts of homework, I haven't been able to make it in there. Oh, and the stalking. That takes a lot of time too. If I had DL's powers, the clipping bits of your hair while you sleep would be a lot more efficient and maybe I could make it back in time for chatting.

Erin
11-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Creepy chris creepy. :lol:

To keep it on topic, I just finished watching Season 1 of Heroes on DVD two nights ago. It was awesome! But now i'll have to wait for Season 2 to come out on DVD because I forgot to set my DVR for the new episodes. :(

sarajean
11-07-2007, 04:15 PM
ah. that would explain why you didn't respond to that text message on monday night.

Erin
11-07-2007, 04:18 PM
That and I read it right before getting in the shower and then ...... forgot to respond. :lol:

I'm notorious about forgetting to write back until several hours later, when it would no longer be relevant.

sarajean
11-07-2007, 04:22 PM
i do the same thing.

OchrisO
11-07-2007, 05:01 PM
That's not creepy. That's love.

sarajean
11-07-2007, 05:13 PM
/me gets all flustered.

wha?

OchrisO
11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
*eeire music*

Mordred Deschain
11-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Chris you crack me up man! I'll send you a pinner!:)

Hannah
11-09-2007, 12:10 PM
So we're getting screwed out of episodes because of this writer's strike then? Shitty. I was getting kind of bored with this season until last Monday's episode. The tie-in with Kensei and Adam Monroe and Hiro stealing his woman, awesome. I hope Nicky dies. She's stupid.

Mordred Deschain
11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Ya, stuff started getting better! And I kind of agree with your spoiler.

Telynn
11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I hadn't watched Heroes last season, but want to this season. So instead of trying to pick it up cold I rented the whole last season and my daughter and I had a Heroes weekend. I loved it. Felicia and I officially looooove Hiro. He's soooo cute!!! "Flying Man! Whoosh!"

Anyways, between a little I read on a website, and Felicia's synposis from her friends at school we will start watching it tonight.

Telynn
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Ok, after watching show after show all weekend long I have to say.... That "To be continued..." is taunting me. I have this urge to FIND the next DVD and watch it. Only there isn't one. :doh:

OchrisO
11-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Use the interweb and be a MIAA hated pirate.

Telynn
11-12-2007, 09:16 PM
They have shows that haven't been shown on TV?

OchrisO
11-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh, I thought you meant that you finished the DVDs but hadn't seen the new season's episodes. Ocassionally episodes of shows do leak out before they hit the air, though. It is usually when they are being digitally transfered via sattelite to different locations.

Heather19
11-13-2007, 02:48 PM
So are there really going to only be 3 more episodes till the season finale, or will they be able to come back after the holidays with a couple more episodes? I figured they would have had a few more written before the writers strike started.

Telynn
11-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Oh, I thought you meant that you finished the DVDs but hadn't seen the new season's episodes. Ocassionally episodes of shows do leak out before they hit the air, though. It is usually when they are being digitally transfered via sattelite to different locations.

Actually I haven't seen this season's episodes, except for last night. I will look and see if I can find them on the internet or something, that is a good idea. I was really just sorta joking. I got spoiled with being able to pop in another DVD and see the next episode during my weekend marathon that it was almost painful last night to have to stop at the end of the show. Oh, and it is sooooo much better without commercials. Almost worth waiting and not watching until after the season and getting the DVD's. But not quite. :nope:

Mike Beck
11-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Telynn, you can watch all of season 2's episodes on NBC.com. I do it at work all the time. :)

Hi Heather. Yeah, three more episodes. That'll conclude Volume II. Volume III was supposed to start after January, but now it's up in the air until this strike is figured out.

I did hear that they had to reshoot an alternate ending since they are closing things up a little sooner than expected. I feel hurt by this. and i need to punch someone for it. grrr.

(on a side note, i'm pissed about them canceling Earl, 30 Rock and the Office. What the effing hell??)

that's all. ;)

sarajean
11-16-2007, 01:38 PM
(on a side note, i'm pissed about them canceling Earl, 30 Rock and the Office. What the effing hell??)

waitwaitwait. what?

PM me, BSFF.

Telynn
11-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Telynn, you can watch all of season 2's episodes on NBC.com. I do it at work all the time. :)

Squeeeelllll!!!!

Thanks, I will check it out. I have been having Hiro withdrawals.

Oh, and has anyone else seen this?

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

sarajean
11-16-2007, 08:43 PM

waitwaitwait. what?

PM me, BSFF.

okay. that was just a prank. they're not cancelling these shows. they will go on hiatus, though, once all of the already taped episodes are shown.

thank bob.

Telynn
11-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Ok, I'm as caught up as I can get. Little poll here. Bob, good guy or bad guy?

Mordred Deschain
11-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Bob, bad guy. just playing the game a little different

OchrisO
11-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Bob, neither, kind of like Mr Bennet. He thinks he is doing good.

Telynn
11-17-2007, 09:22 PM
I was looking around some Heroes sites and kept seeing HRG referred to. I finally found one that explained that HRG was Bennett's nickname, short for horned rimmed glasses. I thought that was hilarious.

Girlystevedave
11-19-2007, 09:44 AM
I wish i had started watching this show when it first came on. I'm watching season 1 on dvd right now. I'm already hooked. It's soooo good.

OchrisO
11-19-2007, 07:02 PM
God....damnit.....

I thought for sure that Mr Bennet was dead. I am glad that he isn't. I was starting to like him. I wonder if his memories will get erased? By the way he reacted, it didn't seem that they had been yet. It looks like they are going to be packing a lot of stuff into the last two episodes. Last two episodes.... :cry:

Telynn
11-19-2007, 07:12 PM
No, the Hatian doesn't work for the company anymore. From the trailers, I can't wait to see Claire vs Elle and Hiro vs Peter/Adam. And as for my little poll earlier, I am now leaning more toward Bob is bad guy. He was just so nice to Monica when he gave her that blackberry and stuff. I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!

Mike Beck
11-20-2007, 06:38 AM
It's a damn shame that the show is just picking up and getting awesome right before the finale. shit.

got a little teary-eyed for the nakamuras. that was emotional.
and how awesome was it when he stopped time to find out who it was that threw daddy from the building. dun dun DUN! I cannot wait for that showdown. Hiro is pissed.

what else. the whole episode was amazing. i actually don't mind West as much. I knew Mohinder was gonna pull some shit at the end. it had to happen, i guess. that shot through the eye was sick. i loved at the end when Bennet wakes up in the hospital bed and says, "Oh Shh-" Just like his little claire bear did in season 1.

fuck. i'm going to be upset when there's no more new ones to look forward to.

OchrisO
11-20-2007, 09:19 AM
I wish they would just go on hiatus until the strike is over. They took a big long hiatus last season anyway, might as well have taken another one. I would have preffered that.

Mike Beck
11-20-2007, 10:33 AM
that's basically what they were going to do anyway, Chris. I think they originally planned to wrap up Volume II in 11 episodes (which is still the same as what's going on now). They were going to take 5 or 7 weeks hiatus and return with the second half of season 2, Volume III. The only thing that's really changed is that we don't know when/if Volume III will begin. And they had to reshoot episode 11's ending to act more as a season finale.

i have some questions.

1. Does Mr. Bennet now have the regeneration ability?
2. Why did they keep him alive?
3. Who is the last woman in the photo of the Originals?

Telynn
11-20-2007, 07:59 PM
I doubt we will know any of those answers until much later.

Here are my questions.

Is Matt going to go bad like Daddy? Be an awful big temptation to have that power.

Is Caitlan just gone now, or will Peter go get her from the future? If he loses another girlfriend I'm going to start calling him Little Joe. *Waits to see who is old enough for that reference.*

Adam good or bad?

sarajean
11-20-2007, 08:44 PM
answer to mikestache's first question:

he has it because they infused him with clairebear's blood, silly. apparently, it imparted some of her abilities to him.

She-Oy
11-23-2007, 10:30 PM
I just watched this week's epi (bob love the dvr)....HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS! This was one of the best episodes of the entire show imo.

I'm wondering if Elle is going to turn against her daddy though. She looked a like pissed at the end, pondering stuff Bennett told her.

Mohinder....why???

Telynn
11-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Ok, I've gone from Mohinder is a putz to Peter is a putz. He isn't going to listen to Hiro?????? WTF???

sarajean
11-26-2007, 07:25 PM
hasn't peter always been a putz?

Telynn
11-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Why he is so convinced that stopping the virus will bring Caitlin back? SHE'S NOT DEAD OF THE VIRUS, SHE GOT LEFT IN THE FUTURE!!! Sheesh.

OchrisO
11-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Perhaps he figures that if the future where the virus was released never happens, he never could have went there and she would still be in the present.

That creates all sorts of paradoxes, though. Or, it wouldn't even work if time travel spawns new timelines.

OchrisO
11-26-2007, 07:44 PM
P.S. God damn, what an episode ending.....

RUBE
11-26-2007, 08:13 PM
So who does everyone think the two "heroes" to die will be?

Telynn
11-26-2007, 08:19 PM
It better not be Hiro. I can see them taking out Peter, because with him becomming so strong it will be hard to write good stories that he can't just rush in and solve everything. Of course terminal stupidity is a factor....

OchrisO
11-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Doesn't really say die, actually, so they could cop out. It says two Heroes will fall and one villain will rise. Since Sylar was never dead, he doesn't actually come back to life. So, fall may not actually mean die. It could even mean that two heroes turn evil and one villain changes his ways. They worded it in a very ambigious way.

Telynn
11-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Good point.

Heather19
11-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Doesn't really say die, actually, so they could cop out. It says two Heroes will fall and one villain will rise. Since Sylar was never dead, he doesn't actually come back to life. So, fall may not actually mean die. It could even mean that two heroes turn evil and one villain changes his ways. They worded it in a very ambigious way.

When did they say this, I must have missed it. Also how many episodes are left now? Are we down to the last one.
And I hope if they do kill someone off that it's not Peter. I really like his character, and I think they could do alot with him in the future.

OchrisO
11-28-2007, 01:43 PM
It was in the "scenes from next week" thing at the end of the episode. You can see it here: http://www.heroestheseries.com/heroes-preview-season-2-episode-11-211-powerless/

There's only one episode left, unless the writers strike is settled, then perhaps they will come back in Feb. like the did from the hiatus last season. *crosses fingers*

Right now, they are calling it the season finale, though. :\

Telynn
11-28-2007, 05:48 PM
From what I have been hearing they planned all along to divide this season into two different stories. I think the writers strike helped it along though.

Telynn
11-28-2007, 05:51 PM
One more thought, just exactly what does Peter think he is going to do with this virus when he gets it? You can't just flush it down the toilet. I really think having all those powers is a massive brain drain.

OchrisO
11-28-2007, 06:33 PM
He can use electricity as a result of contact with Elle. Depending on how strong he can make it, he could incenerate the virus. Lightning can reach temperatures approaching 30,000 °C (54,000 °F). Lightning heats nearby air to about 10,000 °C (18,000 °F) nearly instantly, which is almost twice the temperature of the Sun’s surface. If that power can manifest at the strength of lightning, I'd imagine that is hot enough to incenerate any virus on Earth by just holding it in his hand and zapping it.

I'd imagine Claire could also absorb and defeat the virus.

sarajean
11-28-2007, 07:15 PM
why do i even bother watching this show anymore when i really only like two or three of the characters?

Telynn
11-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Because you will get to see two of them die next week? Hopefully it won't be the two that you still like. :arg:

sarajean
11-28-2007, 07:35 PM

one of them is ando, and he isn't even a hero!...yet...

Hannah
11-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Poor Ando. Hiro never says goodbye to him anymore. He just squintys up his eyes and poof!

She-Oy
11-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Lately Hiro has been reminding me of the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland....

"No time to say hello, goodbye. I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"

I love him, but he makes me all jumpy inside...too much time traveling.

CPU
11-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Hiro's horney historical hanky-panky hacked-off his hero.
Adam's antics are actually accumulated angst aggravated astronomically. ;)

---

I wonder if Claire is actually a descendant of Adam (which would mean Peter and Nathan are too of course)? Perhaps Adam is actually the "original" hero and over the last 400 years his bloodline has diversified creating the heroes we see today?

Girlystevedave
11-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know of a good/safe website to watch season 2? The NBC website only has last 5 episodes and a lot of other websites don't have all of them. I need to catch up, because it's killing me not knowing what's happened since season 1. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks.

Mike Beck
11-30-2007, 09:21 AM
hi girly. this site has some downloadable episode business. not really sure how it works, but you can give it a try: Heroes Season 2 Episodes (http://www.got-heroes.com/Volume-Two-Generations-f69.html)

I believe the two that will fall will be Niki. She don't got her powers, and Micah's gonna get her to help rescue Monica. and the other, sheeeeit i don't know. Maya? Elle? I hope they don't. I kind of like both of their characters, and it would be a shame to kill them off so early into their stories.

C'mon Peter. Get your shit together! Adam is a bad dude. don't you ever go against Hiro. Nathan will show up to set him straight.

This episode should be pretty damn good. i'm very excite!

Girlystevedave
11-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Telynn
11-30-2007, 03:28 PM
hi girly. this site has some downloadable episode business. not really sure how it works, but you can give it a try: Heroes Season 2 Episodes (http://www.got-heroes.com/Volume-Two-Generations-f69.html)

I believe the two that will fall will be Niki. She don't got her powers, and Micah's gonna get her to help rescue Monica. and the other, sheeeeit i don't know. Maya? Elle? I hope they don't. I kind of like both of their characters, and it would be a shame to kill them off so early into their stories.

C'mon Peter. Get your shit together! Adam is a bad dude. don't you ever go against Hiro. Nathan will show up to set him straight.

This episode should be pretty damn good. i'm very excite!

Please be Maya, please be Maya....... I'm thinking Niki too.

I did love the Claire/Elle showdown. Claire should have smacked her around instead of her car window. And as for Peter, well in the first season he did say "I need my brother." I guess he needs him to tell him who is good and who is bad. Actually Mohinder needs a little guidance too. Or another shot to his nose. Whichever works better.

Telynn
12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok, people floating around that haven't seen the last one yet, so I better spoiler it.

Why, oh why are we stuck with whiney crying Maya and lose Nathan? (flying man!!! Atleast we got to hear Hiro say it one more time.)

Oh, and is Hiro the coldest, nastiest opponet of all? I mean..... *shudder*

Coolest thing on the show, Micah and the green lights.

And who do you think shot Nathan? I'm betting Noah.

Still Servant
12-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Good ending. I think the show rebounded nicely from the shaky start. Although I wasn't one of the people so bothered by it.

I wonder what kind of things they have in store for us after the New Year?

OchrisO
12-03-2007, 09:27 PM
The guy walking away after Nathan was shot didn't really look like Noah, though it could have been. That may have been the deal he made. The cops also seemed to be trying to keep everyone else in and he just walked past them. That makes me think it was someone with a power.

Hiro has certainly turned into a hardass and Peter's mom is still a bitch. That phonecall made it seem like she is still involved with the company and possibly even leading it.

Here is to hoping they come back after a hiatus and we don't have to wait until next season.

She-Oy
12-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Dammmnnnn!!!!!

I think I am liking this show better than Lost, yeah, I said it. But that's probably because it feels like 3 years since I got to watch a new epi of Lost.

Anyway, I like Hiro being all cold. How could anyone not turn like that after crap he has been through. He's learning that nice people get stomped on quickly...not that he is bad, he's not, he's just pissed off.

Sylar! The man I love to hate!

I think Elle's gonna turn to the good side, sorta like Luke Skywalker. Daddy issues. Luckily her daddy is bad, which means she's gonna go good. Hopefully.

Noooo....not Nikki and Nathan. I had just started liking her again. Which gives me a thought. What if Micah turns bad next chapter...he's got no reason not too now, except he's a good kid.

In writing this, I've noticed a lot of character with real parent problems. Hmmm.

Heather19
12-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I was upset to see Nathan get shot. I was thinking it might be his mom that shot him. And I'm glad Sylar's getting his powers back. The show was really missing that great bad guy this season. Do you think Adam will return?

Also I think I missed part of an episode awhile back that explained who Adam is? Sorry if this is a silly question but Adam is really Kensei correct? And if so how did he get into present time, and why does he go by Adam now?

Telynn
12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
He is 400 year old, so he just lived that long. They never said where he got the name, probably just made it up.

Yeah, I think he will be back.

And hopefully by the time the writers strike is over they will let Mohinder take that silly thing off his nose.

My favorite line: Matt to Nathan "We will never mention this again."

She-Oy
12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm so sure Adam will be back because they didn't show him dead (and besides, the only thing that would make him dead for good would be a bullet in his forehead, right?...didn't they mention that?)...so that means by the time he digs his way back out, he's gonna be good and pissed off...! hehehe

I'm thinking next half-season, everyone's just going to go ape shit. People bad turning good, people good turning bad. No one will know what the hell is going on or what side they should be on (sort like since the beginning, but worse).

My favorite part is the Elle/Claire thingy. It's just pure fun!

Heather19
12-04-2007, 04:54 PM
He is 400 year old, so he just lived that long.

Thanks. That also answers my next question as to why he hasn't aged at all. I got confused because I wasn't sure if Hiro brought him into present time or not.

OchrisO
12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Upon pausing and analyzing the person walking away from the shooting at the end, I am thinking that it might have actually been Claire's boyfriend, who has motive, given that he was arguing with Claire about going public.

OchrisO
12-04-2007, 06:30 PM
He is 400 year old, so he just lived that long.

Thanks. That also answers my next question as to why he hasn't aged at all. I got confused because I wasn't sure if Hiro brought him into present time or not.

he hasn't aged because he has regenerative powers. The aging process comes from cells basically tiring out and not regenerating and repairing at the rate they sued to. Any time that cells die on Adam, they just regenerate themselves, so he never ages.

Still Servant
12-04-2007, 07:28 PM
In writing this, I've noticed a lot of character with real parent problems. Hmmm.

Good point. This is a trait that this show shares with the Lost characters. Almost every character on that show seems to have issues with a parent.

Mike Beck
12-05-2007, 08:21 AM
I was pretty happy with this finale.

I can't believe Nathan caught a bullet. He was awesome.
And Nikki is dead now. Shit.

I actually almost cheered when Maya took that one to the chest. But then I was pissed, because what was the reason for having her and her brother's storyline this entire season? so, part of me is happy that she's still around. her character still needs some purpose in the storyline.

I have a feeling it was Bennet that took out Nathan, too. He had to make a deal to keep his family safe. Even if it means killing his daughter's biological father. and maybe he was a bit jealous, no?

Micah is going to be a little bastard. I think he'll be very cold now. I loved when he punched his cousin in the face in the previous episode. :)

Finally, Sylar is back. the title for the next volume, Villains, is also a bit exciting. I hope it returns before next Fall.

JasKo
12-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Damn, I was kind of disapointed when I found no more episodes before.... god knows when!! Damned ka!

I doubt it was Bennet who killed Nathan, maybe it was Bob himself? I hope Nathan gets some of that Claire blood in him again and gets to live a long and happy life! :P

I'm wondering if Adam can live without food? Well, we know he can live hundreds of years and survive many things, but can he survive not eating?

Hope it gets back before the summer man!!

Mike Beck
12-05-2007, 08:45 AM
good question on Adam and needing to eat. I wonder if he can go without food or water.

it's definitely not Bob. and i'm only saying that because i just looked at a screen shot from that scene.

http://heroes-pictures.com/albums/captures/2x11/612.jpg

I'm not sure who that could be. maybe West. maybe Sylar. Maybe Bennet, but I'm doubting that now. Maybe some new villain working for the company that we haven't met yet?

btw, Sylar grabbing the can of spinach? incredible. :lol:

Matt
12-05-2007, 08:51 AM
I love the floating smilies in those spoiler blocks. :lol:

Telynn
12-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Can't be Sylar. He was grabbing a can of spinich in NYC about that same time. Besides he would never do anything the Company wanted. He was pretty pissed to think they injected him with the virus on purpose.

Peter's blood would probably save Nathan but I'm sure he will be too stupid to figure that out. :rolleyes:

And Mohinder.... what can I say about that boy? Did he THROW AWAY the perfect opportunity to take out Sylar, again??? I mean, inject the guy with something bad. Or nothing at all. Straight air does wonders in your veins, you know? Instead what does do? He shows concern for Sylar. "You know, this might kill you?" I about died myself when he said that!

John Blaze
12-10-2007, 03:49 PM
So what's the deal? I guess the whole writer's strike affected Heroes as well? is that why this episode is being billed as the last episode? WTF?

JasKo
12-10-2007, 04:22 PM
So what's the deal? I guess the whole writer's strike affected Heroes as well? is that why this episode is being billed as the last episode? WTF?

Yes, that is the point :) We just gotta live with it!

Girlystevedave
12-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Yay! I finally finished Season 2. So, now I'll probably be posting in here a lot.

Telynn
12-10-2007, 07:42 PM
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/heroes/tim-kring-shares-clues-about-h-14405.aspx

The orginator of the show gives a few little clues about the future of the show.

John Blaze
12-10-2007, 10:50 PM

Yes, that is the point :) We just gotta live with it!

Fuck this shit, you live with it, i got some writer's guild pussies to go find.

"the man needed killing" ;)

Mordred Deschain
02-15-2008, 09:54 AM
I can't believe it, Heroes will not be on until the fall!!! BullSh!t!!

Shelbs
02-15-2008, 09:55 AM
:cry:

Mordred Deschain
02-15-2008, 10:18 AM
ya I me too! I just read it in the paper today.

Shelbs
02-15-2008, 10:23 AM
At least I have Lost to fall back on. :)

Mordred Deschain
02-15-2008, 03:04 PM
LOL. I got American Gladiator!!!

Shelbs
02-15-2008, 03:48 PM
When they first started showing previews to AG, I thought about kicking back in front of the tube and giving the show a shot. I used to watch it back in the day and enjoyed it. Is it worth my precious time? :P

Mordred Deschain
02-19-2008, 11:35 AM
It's funny that a couple of the contestants were huge watchers of the original show too. I think it's a good change for the Hulkster too!

Darkthoughts
02-19-2008, 11:49 AM
We haven't even got Season 2 of Heroes over here yet. It hasn't been advertised or nuthin :(

Mordred Deschain
02-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Wow, that's weird. I think. Ya next season dosn't start until fall. I think some of the cast must be involved in other things.

RUBE
02-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Wow, that's weird. I think. Ya next season dosn't start until fall. I think some of the cast must be involved in other things.

From what I read, they decided to wait until the fall because they did not have any scripts close to ready. Also, they said it would take longer than most dramas to film because of all of the separate plot lines and with all of the special effects. The producers thought that they could only realistically make three more "good" episodes before the end of this TV season and that was not enough for their new Villains story arc.

John Blaze
02-19-2008, 06:54 PM
i'd rather it take longer and be good than be stuck with a bunch of duct taped together bullshit.

Darkers, I have full ep's....all of em. PM me if you would like to talk about it.

Mordred Deschain
02-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Same here, but damn it I just don't want to wait!!

Darkthoughts
04-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Darkers, I have full ep's....all of em. PM me if you would like to talk about it.

JB, I haven't checked this thread in ages...a pm will be on its way :huglove:

Good news though, Season 2 starts this Thursday in the UK!!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/towerjunkie19/heroes-tatt001.jpg
Heh heh!! :cool:

Girlystevedave
04-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Sweet!:thumbsup:

This Thursday? I'm way jealous. I don't think we'll get the show back until September.

Darkthoughts
04-19-2008, 01:36 PM
:D My sister is such an arse, after I got it done she said, "I can't wait for the episode where you find out the symbol means wanker!" :lol:

Girlystevedave
04-19-2008, 01:41 PM
:D My sister is such an arse, after I got it done she said, "I can't wait for the episode where you find out the symbol means wanker!" :lol:

Oooh...you didn't get to that part yet? :orely:

Darkthoughts
04-19-2008, 01:42 PM

This is only season 2 we're getting. Hopefully we'll catch up with you guys for season 3.

John Blaze
04-19-2008, 04:28 PM
i think season 3 starts in september here. not sure though.

sent a pm.

Girlystevedave
04-19-2008, 05:43 PM

This is only season 2 we're getting. Hopefully we'll catch up with you guys for season 3.

Oh, you've got so much kick-ass stuff coming your way! :excited:

Mordred Deschain
04-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Ya season 3 dosn't start until sept. for U.S.

Girlystevedave
05-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Hell yeah! I can't f*cking wait!

Girlystevedave
09-22-2008, 01:01 PM
2 hour season premiere tonight :rock:

Nerak
09-22-2008, 05:16 PM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee It's on! :rock::thumbsup::dance:

Telynn
09-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Mohinder = idiot.

He deserves whatever happens to him.

ErinPatricia
09-22-2008, 08:58 PM
^^LOL

I thought it was pretty good, compared to last season.

Plenty of WTF!!?? Moments and HEY! WAIT A MINUTE!! moments and a few OMFG moments.

(being purposfully vague lol)

Im really looking forward to it this season.
Season 2 was disappointing to me, I didnt even bother with the last 2-3 episodes

Girlystevedave
09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Loved it. :)

Except in the beginning, when Claire locked herself in the closet, was I the only one thinking: "WTF?! Sylar can't get through a pantry door?" Puhleez <_<
The shit with future Peter, of course, is all freaking crazy.
And as always, I am super excited to see what all is going to happen with Hiro and Ando. Seeing the glimpse of Ando with powers was super badass. :excited:

ErinPatricia
09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Loved it. :)

Except in the beginning, when Claire locked herself in the closet, was I the only one thinking: "WTF?! Sylar can't get through a pantry door?" Puhleez <_<
The shit with future Peter, of course, is all freaking crazy.
And as always, I am super excited to see what all is going to happen with Hiro and Ando. Seeing the glimpse of Ando with powers was super badass. :excited:

Agreed, the Claire thing...ugh, horror movie cliche anyone?

I <3 Ando, always have, always will:wub:

Hannah
09-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Um, did anyone think the plot twists were reminiscent of a really bad soap opera?

I mean come on! The whole thing was one big "wtf" after another "wtf." It was certainly entertaining, but only in the way a trainwreck is entertaining (you keep watching to see if you'll catch some cool carnage).

Niki is dead (supposedly - do we really know?) and someone who looks exactly like her turns up out of the blue and is an asst. to the Governor of New York. Long lost triplet?
Mohinder becomes Jeff Goldblum in The Fly. All the sudden he's super horny guy and his whole personality changes.
Claire is ridden with teenage angst (again).
Peter is now future Peter and the present Peter is trapped in some other guy's body.
Nathan is healed by Lindermann's ghost?
Nathan sees dead people.
Nathan and Peter's mom is Sylar's mom too?
Claire's long gone mother is back!

Telynn
09-23-2008, 06:32 PM
The whole Claire and Sylar scene was waaaaaay creepy. I mean after the stupid hiding behind the little door thing. The only thing I can figure out about that is maybe he thought it was locked and that she wasn't in there.

And I think we can bypass the spoiler markers, the title of the thread warns about possible spoilers, right?

Ok, take a quick poll: Is she Nikki or not?

what
09-24-2008, 02:06 AM
I think she is nikki... granted I missed most of season 1 so i may have missed something big... and the whole claire in the pantry thing reminded me of signs way to much... "aliens have mastered intergalactic space travel but cant open a pantry door?"... i guess skylar hasn't stole blow the door up powers yet?:ninja:

Woofer
09-24-2008, 03:55 AM
I completely forgot it was back. I'll have to catch the episode over the weekend.

Nerak
09-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Remember at the end of last season, she/they became a third personality. I am assuming that this person is #3

Mrs Petrelli being Sylar's mom!!! HOLY SHIT!!! I was Floored!
Future Peter was irritating!
Electric girl is cool.
Speed demon girl looks to be a love interest for Hero!
And Hero opening the safe after Daddy told him not to and Daddy knowing that he would! :lol: :lol:
Why can Nathan now see dead people? Why do we need Linderman back?

So happy that the show is back.

Aaron
09-24-2008, 07:56 AM
Logically, it cannot be Niki. This is a person who obviously had her own life and was able to work herself into being the governor's advisor. That takes time, and the timeline doesnt add up. Not to mention that Niki is dead as fuck and never had the ability to freeze people.

I am witholding judgement on Angela Petrelli actually being Sylar's mother; it is entirely possible that she was speaking in some metaphorical sense and the writer's left it open to draw interest for the next episode. She might also be lying--she does that sometimes.

I like Nathan's storyline. It's interesting and it really isnt as cliche as some of the others. Based on the things that happened to him and some of the comments he made (How can we be angels if they know about us?) I think he might be moving more toward actually becoming a vigilante/superhero type, which I have been dying to see.

I hated that they didnt get back into Micah and Monica's story at all in the first two episodes. I hope they remedy that soon.

Mohinder's arc is just odd. It was a blatant and total rip off of The Fly. There were many of the shots that were identical to shots from the film. I can't help but think that they have to have done it on purpose--but why? Weird.

I am annoyed that once again they have put Peter in a position where we starts right off lost, abandoned, and without his powers. It was one of my big pet peeves of last season and they have done it again. Since he is in Jesse's body I am guessing that he can only use Jesse's power and not his own. The powers are granted by physiology, not psychology. Because you know that he could have taken it hardcore to all of those villains if he had his normal abilities.

Overall I liked it a lot. Hannah said it was like a soap opera, but I found it to be more like a comic book, which is the show's basis. Very true to form, and I am okay with that.

Mordred Deschain
09-24-2008, 02:17 PM
I liked it! ya some odd stuff.
Still want to know how the future Peter has a scare on his face

But it was good. As far as anything on TV like it, it's brilliant. Finally brings comic books to a better light.

Telynn
09-24-2008, 05:41 PM
I agree with you Mordred. That drives me crazy.

Did any of you sit through the special that was before the first episode. I wished I had watched Big Bang Theory instead, but I did see a peek at something that should happen next episode with Angela and Sklyar. She has to be evil.

Mordred Deschain
09-24-2008, 06:36 PM
I watched some of it. I think I know what you are talking about.

Telynn
09-24-2008, 07:02 PM
I was explaining what all happened to my husband and when I mentioned what future Peter did to current Peter he was like "When did he get that power?" Uh, 4 years in the future and he probably gets new powers standing in line at the grocery store.

Mordred Deschain
09-26-2008, 09:50 AM
I was explaining what all happened to my husband and when I mentioned what future Peter did to current Peter he was like "When did he get that power?" Uh, 4 years in the future and he probably gets new powers standing in line at the grocery store.

LOL ya! But still bugs me, if he already had clare's power, how did he get the scare.

especially after Adam has lived so long, and Sylar told clare she cannot die, how the f did Peter get the scare if he has the same power

Chasing Dragons
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Heroes is bad ass! I guess he had to have something to distinguish future peter from present peter. Besides the slicked back hair, of course. Nice nod to Cronenberg, also. But seriously, I hope Mohinder dies. I'd also like, at some point, to see Sylar pull a Magneto. Remember in the x-men comics, Magneto becomes the x-men leader for a time, and is essentially a good guy? Of course, he becomes their nemesis again, but I think that would be fun for Sylar to be a "good guy" for a bit. Also, in future Tokyo (did anybody else notice in the offices of Yamagato Industries that the skyscrapers one could see out the office window were the Library Tower and Electric and Power Building in Downtown L.A.?), I don't think Ando is Ando. It's gotta be someone else.

Girlystevedave
09-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Well, as far as Ando being Ando.....who remembers the fact that, at one point, there was a glimpse into the future and Sylar used his power to pose as Nathan? Did he completely lose that power, or?

John Blaze
09-26-2008, 12:03 PM

But it was good. As far as anything on TV like it, it's brilliant. Finally brings comic books to a better light.

Yeah, Last year too, in the future episode where he's married to Nikki and owns some kind of club in Vegas, when Hiro goes and asks him for help? He had the same scar then, right?

Mordred Deschain
09-26-2008, 01:28 PM

Yeah, Last year too, in the future episode where he's married to Nikki and owns some kind of club in Vegas, when Hiro goes and asks him for help? He had the same scar then, right?

ya I think so. hmmmm...heh..wonder why I didn't complain about that before.

John Blaze
09-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, as far as Ando being Ando.....who remembers the fact that, at one point, there was a glimpse into the future and Sylar used his power to pose as Nathan? Did he completely lose that power, or?
No, or else he would have lost the telekinesis, which was one of his first powers as well.

Telynn
09-26-2008, 04:12 PM

Well, before, in the first season, he didn't save Claire, so he didn't get her power.

Peter question. When he was around Sylar, did he just get Sylar's power (figureing out stuff by looking at it) or did he pick up all of Sylar's acquired powers?

John Blaze
09-27-2008, 02:16 AM
that is a very good question.......

maybe Sylar is too powerful to sponge off of though.

BTW, that's how I think of Peter..... The Sponge! lol

Mordred Deschain
09-27-2008, 05:48 PM

Well, before, in the first season, he didn't save Claire, so he didn't get her power.

Peter question. When he was around Sylar, did he just get Sylar's power (figureing out stuff by looking at it) or did he pick up all of Sylar's acquired powers?

I I I...I think I have to go watch the first season again. I know what you are saying, but...wouldn't the future peter be different after the present peter acquired the powers. I'm only saying that, because now after he did what he did, he says the future is different. Does the future change around him, but he dosn't change. shouldn't there be another future peter? And ya ya, I understand the theory on quantum mechanics about separate timelines and if you change something in the past either the future is changed or a separate timeline branches off. I guess which in theory to answer my own question is the Peter from that timeline is leaping back still but somehow he is in a past in which his past self has acquired different powers and saved Clare. And somehow in not saving Clare from Sylar and trying to shoot his brother he actually changed the future of his timeline rather than creating a separate timeline. heh....Love time travel stuff.

Telynn
09-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh, that is something I didn't think of. Current Peter should have all of future Peter's powers. Or he will once he gets back to being himself. So he should have this weird power of sticking people in Africa and putting into other people's bodies.

Mordred Deschain
09-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Oh, that is something I didn't think of. Current Peter should have all of future Peter's powers. Or he will once he gets back to being himself. So he should have this weird power of sticking people in Africa and putting into other people's bodies.

ya, it's one of those things that bugs. I have funny feeling they are going to explain it one way or the other before the end of the season.

Girlystevedave
09-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah, all the time travel/plot twist/character changing gets confusing at times. Hell, just reading the posts in here, I'm thinking about things that didn't even cross my mind before. :lol:
That's like the stuff with Nikki. She supposedly died last season, then all of a sudden: She's back with a different name AND different powers. WTF?! But, I've noticed the show has a tendency to explain things five episodes after you were already confused. :orely:
I will say this though. I am glad that Nikki has some actual powers and isn't just schizo. It always bugged me that her having more than one personality was considered a power. <_<. When she froze and shattered that guy the other night, I said: "Now that's a power!" :excited:

Telynn
09-27-2008, 08:38 PM
She always had a power. Super strength. But as Nikki she didn't know about it at first. It was her other personality that knew about it and used it.

Oh, and did anyone else recognize the reporter that she froze? Greatest American Hero? I expected him to pull that suit out.

Chasing Dragons
09-27-2008, 11:16 PM
As far as the Ando being Ando thing, my first thought was Sylar, as well. They have to play the suspense card, though. But for once, I'd like to see Hiro not be so naieve about things. In fact, I liked future Hiro, with the pony tail, a lot better. He was a killer.

Apparently William Katt is the Greatest American Icecube now! Believe it or not, I'm just ice!

Ok, now about future Peter. It seems to me that the future thing is really a matter of timelines emerging and dying off. If I recall, the future has been changed several times. The hunting down of mutants, and Noah Bennet helping with the false red/blue serum never came to pass. Manhattan was supposed to explode and that never came to pass. However, in these future scenarios, Peter consistently has that scar. So, that leads me to believe that whatever caused that scar happened in an immutable future. And that there is a point in which things hinge and THAT point is what is always getting fucked with. Also, if I remember correctly, Peter DID in fact have the power to heal. So, perhaps the scar that Peter received is a constant reminder to him of some tragic event and he keeps that scar on purpose?

I have the power to orgasm multiple times. Am I a hero? :onfire:

Chasing Dragons
09-27-2008, 11:18 PM
I also have the power not to be able to spell naive! Hero...or Villlain!?:pullhair:

Mordred Deschain
09-28-2008, 06:15 AM
She always had a power. Super strength. But as Nikki she didn't know about it at first. It was her other personality that knew about it and used it.

Oh, and did anyone else recognize the reporter that she froze? Greatest American Hero? I expected him to pull that suit out.

LOL ya I started singing that song to my wife as soon as I saw him. and I have a buddy that dressed up as him last halloween!!

Look at what’s happened to me,
I can’t believe it myself.
Suddenly I’m up on top of the world,
It should’ve been somebody else.

Believe it or not, I’m walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it’s just me.

It’s like a light of a new day,
It came from out of the blue.
Breaking me out of the spell I was in,
Making all of my wishes come true.

Believe it or not, I’m walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be? Believe it or not it’s just me.

Mordred Deschain
09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
almost time for episode 2!!!!

Telynn
09-29-2008, 06:03 PM
What did everyone think? I know I'm getting real tired of Claire.

MonteGss
09-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I sure hope they stay away from a "clone" program story with the whole Nikki/Tracy/whatever her name is storyline. :(

Other than that, I liked this episode. The Sylar storyline could be interesting.

Chasing Dragons
09-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh come on! You're getting tired of Clare Bear? Hahaha!!! Yeah, her little poor me I'm alone in the world schtick is getting old. However, I did like seeing her head cut off.

Episode 2, biatches!!! I got my bowl packed and I'm ready to go! :drool:

So, did anyone watch the webisodes? I was under the impression that Echo would be in the season. In fact, they were supposed to have Origins last year before the strike and in each episode, a new character would be introduced and finally, after the 6 weeks, we, the viewers would choose which one would continue in to the regular cast. They kinda followed up on that online and the speedster chick was one of the characters voted on. Did anyone do that? You could choose a dude and a chick and pick out of a couple different choices what their powers, demeanor, background, etc. would be and the speedster chick was the female character chosen online. Anyways, no Echo, eh?

Girlystevedave
09-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Other than that, I liked this episode. The Sylar storyline could be interesting.

I must admit, I got a little nervous over him being Noah's partner and all. I was afraid he was inching to close to being a 'decent' person for a second. But, when he finally cut into Jesse's head at the end, I was like: "Yes!" :)

Okay, something about Claire keeps bugging me. Everyone on the show keeps saying: "Claire can't die..bla bla." But, what about the episode from season 1 when she ended up on the autopsy table with the pole through her f'n head, and was dead until it was removed. Right?
I mean, if Claire's head was cut off, can she heal then? :orely:

Mordred Deschain
09-30-2008, 11:00 AM
I forgot it's episode 3! heheh...

It's not that she can REALLY die, but you can keep her down. If you puncture her heart or lop of her head she isn't "dead". Because if you pull whatever out of her heart or re-attach her head, she will awaken again. But if you don't she will stay in whatever unconsious limbo.

Telynn
09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I remember a few people making comments about how to kill Adam, like blowing his head into little pieces. I would think there are a few things that they can't come back from. Chop their heads off and bury it and the body in two different places. Stuff like that.

bluelph24
09-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh come on! You're getting tired of Clare Bear? Hahaha!!! Yeah, her little poor me I'm alone in the world schtick is getting old. However, I did like seeing her head cut off.

Episode 2, biatches!!! I got my bowl packed and I'm ready to go! :drool:

So, did anyone watch the webisodes? I was under the impression that Echo would be in the season. In fact, they were supposed to have Origins last year before the strike and in each episode, a new character would be introduced and finally, after the 6 weeks, we, the viewers would choose which one would continue in to the regular cast. They kinda followed up on that online and the speedster chick was one of the characters voted on. Did anyone do that? You could choose a dude and a chick and pick out of a couple different choices what their powers, demeanor, background, etc. would be and the speedster chick was the female character chosen online. Anyways, no Echo, eh?

the thing is. echo had the same power as jesse and was locked up in section 5 at the end of the webisodes. needless to say, i was confused when there was a person with an identical power, except a completely different character.

Mordred Deschain
10-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I remember a few people making comments about how to kill Adam, like blowing his head into little pieces. I would think there are a few things that they can't come back from. Chop their heads off and bury it and the body in two different places. Stuff like that.

ya, blowing up, burning until nothing is left, maybe even electricity. But, with your example, I think if someone dug up the head and dug up the body and stuck them together, I think there's a possibility the power will reactivate and start healing the body. Which, I think is an interesting idea for an episode. Like where was Adam for along time? Or maybe a future episode where they find the pieces of Adam, Sylar, Clare, or Peter and they put em together.

But ya know, whatever, her power was cool, until Peter, Until Adam, and now until Sylar. Just seems like to many have that power. Which, ya I do agree with the way this is feeling however, like now there's another guy who paints the future. And is it the guy, or the headphones?

patience my young padawan...patience...><

Telynn
10-01-2008, 04:37 PM
He's like a virtual stalker. He only paints Matt.