PDA

View Full Version : How many cities do you think Roland had trouble in before Tull? *end/series spoilers*

razz
06-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Tull, and Eluria, and Even Mejis has Roland entered and gone through similar business. It took him 20 years to go from Gilead to The Great Sea, so undoubtedly, he stopped in towns. What I wonder is how many do you think he got into gunfights with, how many did Walter lay traps in, and how many did he just walk on through?

EDITED BY ~maerlyn:

razz: I just put this thread to ask if you think Tull was the trap Walter set, or if Eluria was the only dangerous city, which i highly doubt.

jayson
06-21-2008, 06:13 AM
19?

razz
06-21-2008, 06:15 AM
sorry, i was gonna add a poll.

Daghain
06-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Could you fix your spelling in the title too, please? Thanks. :)

Brice
06-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Yes, please. It made me :cry:

The Lady of Shadows
06-21-2008, 12:42 PM
oh for gan's sake. not another freakin' poll. ;)

sarah
06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I edited the title. Let me know if you want something different, Razz.

MonteGss
06-21-2008, 01:23 PM
oh for gan's sake. not another freakin' poll. ;)

I was almost thinking the same thing.

sarah
06-21-2008, 01:53 PM
oh you both love polls and you know it. :D

I'll start five more polls this very minute if you or anyone has a bad attitude.

:lol:

MonteGss
06-21-2008, 01:58 PM
*flies over their heads*
:D

Letti
06-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Tull, and Eluria, and Even Mejis has Roland entered and gone through similar business. It took him 20 years to go from Gilead to The Great Sea, so undoubtedly, he stopped in towns. What I wonder is how many do you think he got into gunfights with, how many did Walter lay traps in, and how many did he just walk on through?

Just few.
I don't think muhc happened in them.
Drinking.
Eating.
Sleeping.

And keep going of course.

razz
06-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I just put this thread to ask if you think Tull was the trap Walter set, or if Eluria was the only dangerous city, which i highly doubt.

sarah
06-21-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm going to edit that into your first post, razz.

The Lady of Shadows
06-21-2008, 02:44 PM
oh you both love polls and you know it. :D

I'll start five more polls this very minute if you or anyone has a bad attitude.

:lol:

:couple: can we have a poll about having a poll about having a poll? :huglove:

okay, double post - so shoot me.

back on topic turtle, back on topic. i think any city roland went through was potentially dangerous for him, simply because he was going through it and the red would do anything to keep him from reaching his goal.

even if walter hadn't set a trap in tull, i think something else would've happened to make it dangerous for him (and no, that doesn't change my opinion about what happened there one tiny damn bit!). lud was dangerous for everyone, the calla was dangerous, thunderclap was dangerous, hell even new york was dangerous.

i think the answer to your titled question "how may cities do you think roland wnet through before tull" is probably delah. it's possible that he doesn't even know how many he went through because time and the territory was expanding and contracting all around him.

razz
06-21-2008, 03:00 PM
okay, double post - so shoot me.

back on topic turtle, back on topic. i think any city roland went through was potentially dangerous for him, simply because he was going through it and the red would do anything to keep him from reaching his goal.

even if walter hadn't set a trap in tull, i think something else would've happened to make it dangerous for him (and no, that doesn't change my opinion about what happened there one tiny damn bit!). lud was dangerous for everyone, the calla was dangerous, thunderclap was dangerous, hell even new york was dangerous.

i think the answer to your titled question "how may cities do you think roland wnet through before tull" is probably delah. it's possible that he doesn't even know how many he went through because time and the territory was expanding and contracting all around him.
River crossing was probably dangerous too. they just got lucky and missed the trouble

The Lady of Shadows
06-21-2008, 08:07 PM
i don't know. i kind of wonder if river crossing wasn't somehow protected.

Jean
06-21-2008, 10:35 PM
sorry, i was gonna add a poll.
what poll? I can add one for you if you tell me what options you want included there

I personally have nothing against polls, so whoever wants one can ask the bear

sarah
06-22-2008, 07:34 AM
well we all know how much I love a good poll. post it or pm it to me or the bear and we'll geter done ;)

sarah
06-22-2008, 06:33 PM
bump!

poll added. :D

sarah
06-22-2008, 06:35 PM
would you mind if I added a "I don't know" to the options?

sarah
06-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Honestly, I couldn't guess. It makes me sad enough that Roland has been doing it over and over and will still do it again, that I couldn't know what number his next quest would be.

razz
06-22-2008, 06:39 PM
thanx maerlyn

Brice
06-23-2008, 10:42 AM
well we all know how much I love a good poll.

truer words have never been :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
06-23-2008, 11:40 AM
I LOV POLOLS!!! :D I can't even spell. What I meant it I LOVE POLLS!

I wrote delah. Never know how many times he looped, and he can't remember everything so knowing his talent for trouble I voted delah ;)

The Lady of Shadows
06-23-2008, 02:42 PM
okay, so now the topic has changed. now it's how many cities did roland have trouble in before tull. but my answer remains the same. delah. i think he had trouble everywhere he went - a perfect example would be mejis. his father sent him there to get him out of trouble's path. but damn if trouble wasn't there waiting for him.

i think his very nature drew him to trouble. or drew trouble to him. but maybe, in the end, that means the same thing. i don't think it was trouble on the scale of mejis, or the calla, or blue heaven (i know the latter two were after tull), but trouble nonetheless. perhaps that was part of being a gunslinger - ending up in places where trouble was, whether the trouble was known or not.

razz
06-23-2008, 04:28 PM
okay, so now the topic has changed. now it's how many cities did roland have trouble in before tull. but my answer remains the same. delah. i think he had trouble everywhere he went - a perfect example would be mejis. his father sent him there to get him out of trouble's path. but damn if trouble wasn't there waiting for him.

i think his very nature drew him to trouble. or drew trouble to him. but maybe, in the end, that means the same thing. i don't think it was trouble on the scale of mejis, or the calla, or blue heaven (i know the latter two were after tull), but trouble nonetheless. perhaps that was part of being a gunslinger - ending up in places where trouble was, whether the trouble was known or not.
that was ma question from teh start, Turtle, what did ya think it waz?

The Lady of Shadows
06-23-2008, 04:44 PM
why do you ask me these difficult questions? :couple:

obviously, i was confused about the question. or i didn't fully read the question (which, i must say, i have a bad habit of doing). or i just didn't pay attention because it was your question razzle dazzle. :smoochies:

razz
06-23-2008, 06:02 PM
makes sense

Letti
06-23-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't think he had trouble everywhere. He just visited and used them like a hungry and thirsty shadow.. that's why he did what he did in Tull. He wanted to feel that he was still alive.
If he had had such serious troubles (and big killings) in the other towns he wouldn't have acted this way in Tull.
Just my two cents.

razz
06-24-2008, 04:55 AM
yeah, but Roland knew that there was a trap in Tull, but he still acted the way he did.

Letti
06-24-2008, 02:19 PM
yeah, but Roland knew that there was a trap in Tull, but he still acted the way he did.

That's why he acted that way. Because he wanted to face the trap.
Roland is not that type of person who runs aways if he smells a rat..

obscurejude
06-24-2008, 05:39 PM
In the cause of discussion, does anyone else think this is one of the most unnecessary polls in the history of the site?

razz
06-24-2008, 05:42 PM
i do. i put up threads when they come to mind. An "it seemed leik a good idea at the time" thing

obscurejude
06-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Well, that's as good a reason as any. :lol:

razz
06-24-2008, 05:44 PM
also cuz people leik polls.

obscurejude
06-24-2008, 05:46 PM
I mean the first three are just useless speculation. Every time see the thread, I'm like "what the fuck batman?"

sarah
06-24-2008, 06:47 PM
:lol: thank you obsurejude for making me LOL!

obscurejude
06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
You're most welcome Maerlyn. :rose: