PDA

View Full Version : and a knife to die with

razz
06-15-2008, 06:25 PM
assume your in a battle to the death. or assume it's a zombie apocalypse, or some other apocalypse. due to some very odd disability, you are able to carry one gun, and one melee weapon. what would your weapons of choice be? assume you're in it for thew long run. a life time predicament, and ammo is of no concern.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-15-2008, 06:54 PM
I would probably like to have an M-4. Because I know my M-16 very well, but the size of it sucks in relation to my height, the M-4 is very similar, but has an adjustable buttstock.

For melee. My K-bar. Yup, I'm a Marine through and through. So fuck it. I love my combat knife.

fernandito
06-15-2008, 07:52 PM
For some sick Terminator 2 action-

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/m79-2.jpg

Melee Weapon - Sephiroths sword

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l29/ishaan_500/My%20Art%20Gallery/PS%20Rendered%20pictures/Sephiroth-sword.jpg

:innocent:

Jean
06-15-2008, 11:21 PM
shuriken and katana

Hannah
06-16-2008, 07:41 AM
I don't need a gun. I think it's in Walking Dead when he says "no one's making new bullets"

So I'd go with a machete.

razz
06-16-2008, 09:13 AM
i'd have a secondary as a crowbar. i can sharpen the ends to modify it, and it's very useful for other tasks.

UnderTheKillingMoon
06-16-2008, 09:26 AM
a desert eagle .50 and my trusty nunchucks

LemurJones
06-16-2008, 10:30 AM
a SIR and a Lobo.

>.>

<.<

>.>

John Blaze
06-16-2008, 10:34 AM
I'd go with the M79 and my gerber pocket knife.

You did say unlimited ammo, right?

Rjeso
06-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I wonder how ammo could be of no concern...?

I'd want something compact and easy to carry in a gun, so a handgun with hollow points. I don't have any particular kind or size, as long as it wasn't one of those hide-'em-up-your-sleeve-sized guns, LOL. Yeah, let's see hollow points for those. :lol:

My melee weapon would be something strong and blunt, like a club or cricket bat. Then I wouldn't have to worry about keeping it sharp, and I could be very effective by bashing in skulls, breaking bones, etc with it.

cozener
06-16-2008, 11:16 AM
I love my kabar but I think I'd be better off with something a little longer...a nice thick short sword, something good for hacking, slashing, and thrusting. As far as the firearm is concerned...I guess that would depend on what I'm fighting. If its zombies I'd want something good for taking out mobs of mindless beings...a flame thrower would do nicely. Otherwise I suppose I'd go with a Colt 1911 or a Ruger. Not my favorites but in terms of durability they're tried and true.

John Blaze
06-16-2008, 01:49 PM
nevermind, i change my choice from the M79, to this gatling gun.

I'm here to do two things, kick some ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubbluegum.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/BrunoBaca/equality.jpg

fernandito
06-16-2008, 03:53 PM
(tear)

That's beautiful.

razz
06-16-2008, 03:55 PM
but are you sure it would work on ninjas?

fernandito
06-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Ninjas are fast, but they're not 600 bullets per second fast. :cyclops:

razz
06-16-2008, 03:57 PM
touche

Sam
06-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Old Painless is nice, but that fucker is heavy. I'm in this for the long haul and ammo is not an issue. Soooo...

A good quality autoloading 30-06 rifle is my choice for firearm. It has range for longer shots, power, but still has portability that some of the heavier rifles lack. The only thing it really lacks is quantity of shots. But they make clips for them and ammo is not a factor. As for the melee weapon, I am torn between a good warhammer verses a good katana. The katana can be used for stabbing and slashing but it is more difficult to cut through a human than people think. The war hammer is good for bashing and stabbing, but takes a lot of energy to use. The range on both weapons is similar, but I think the chances of losing the war hammer are better because there is a bigger chance of losing control of it. So, I vote for the katana.

30-06 rifle
katana

John Blaze
06-17-2008, 09:04 AM
well thought out explanation, Sam. :thumbsup:

William50
06-17-2008, 10:14 AM
I would take a shotgun and a battery powered chainsaw.

Mark
06-17-2008, 01:39 PM
M4 Carbine with ACOG scope and a crowbar.

Sai Joshua
06-17-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm thinking a streetsweeper( auto 12 gauge shotgun with a 20shot rotating clip)and and the throwing hatchet I keep in the car. It is about 18-20 inches long so I could hit zombies in the head and hopefully stay out of bite range.

razz
06-17-2008, 01:52 PM
but couldn't you use it only once if you throw it?

MrsSmeej
06-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Probably my three wood and my pitching wedge... Always handy for when you need to get a little loft on those zombies.

razz
06-17-2008, 02:01 PM
tie 2 bicycle pegs on the ends of some rope. very painful to get hit with.

Sai Joshua
06-17-2008, 05:18 PM
but couldn't you use it only once if you throw it?

I wouldn't throw it, but it is longer than a knife, so hopefully I could stay out of zombie bite range. I would only throw it if necessary.

Sam
06-17-2008, 09:15 PM

That fact that I actually thought it out that much attests to my absolute LACK of having anything constructive to do. I'm going to go back to my book now. Right after I hit Myspace.

razz
06-18-2008, 05:11 AM

That fact that I actually thought it out that much attests to my absolute LACK of having anything constructive to do. I'm going to go back to my book now. Right after I hit Myspace.
nothing wrong with that, as long as you're prepared. i have a 3 page plan posted on each floor of my house in case the undead attack. I had to tear down the fire escape plan to make room.

Brice
06-18-2008, 05:16 AM

nothing wrong with that, as long as you're prepared. i have a 3 page plan posted on each floor of my house in case the undead attack. I had to tear down the fire escape plan to make room.

You tore down the fire escape plan to hang a plan for a zombie attack. :lol:

*shakes head*

Your poor parents! They have their hands full.

razz
06-18-2008, 05:19 AM
I tell you, it WIL happen! y'all will feel leik a bunch of dumbasses when yer brains are dripping out your heads and ya can't say nuthin but ououuuuugh!

John Blaze
06-18-2008, 08:14 AM
razz, I have plenty of guns, and am always prepared for whatever. You've seen Tremors? I'm the hunter guy with all the guns. My wife is a bit better looking than Reba, though, (although Reba is also beautiful) and as good a shot. ;)

Sam
06-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah? My father is pretty much the same way. His gun collection is all Black Powder firearms though except for some of his rifles. He even has a .54 Sharp's style rifle in his collection. Last count was around 30 pistols and rifles.

My weapons collection is more melee weapons. knives, claymore, katana, rapier, staff, nunchuks, kamas, bow w/ arrows (belonged to my grandfather), two pistols (one black powder), shotgun, tonfa, and one warhammer (looks oddly lime a big meat tenderizer)

razz
06-18-2008, 03:33 PM
i gots a katana with an unsharpened edge :( and duct tape as a grip :D
it has a very sharp point tho

Shamey
06-18-2008, 03:48 PM
AR-15 and a Sythe. That can count, right?

razz
06-18-2008, 03:57 PM
you can choose a fluffy kitty as your weapon if you choose.

razz
06-18-2008, 03:58 PM
wouldn't recommend it tho

Shamey
06-18-2008, 04:05 PM
no, I'll stick with my original option, but thanks...

John Blaze
06-18-2008, 06:42 PM
a scythe is a great idea.

can I choose Pikachu as a weapon? :D

Ves'Ka Gan
06-18-2008, 06:46 PM
razz, I have plenty of guns, and am always prepared for whatever. You've seen Tremors? I'm the hunter guy with all the guns. My wife is a bit better looking than Reba, though, (although Reba is also beautiful) and as good a shot. ;)

I see a Tremors reference and all I can think of is when that guy says "ASSBLASTER BLITZKREIG!"

Although that was part three. Yep, I saw part 3. And 4...which takes place in the old west.

John Blaze
06-18-2008, 06:53 PM
i saw them all too, my best friend has them all on dvd boxed set. Yes, they made one.

The Lady of Shadows
06-18-2008, 06:53 PM

why, because he'll annoy people to death? :couple:

and may i add that you are all really starting to scare the fuck out of me!!!!!! :scared:
but, on the other hand, please be aware that when ever the shit starts happening (be it zombie apocolypse or other) i'll be right here, hiding behind you. so thank you all for being so well armed! :clap:

John Blaze
06-18-2008, 06:56 PM

and may i add that you are all really starting to scare the fuck out of me!!!!!! :scared:
but, on the other hand, please be aware that when ever the shit starts happening (be it zombie apocolypse or other) i'll be right here, hiding behind you. so thank you all for being so well armed! :clap:
because we were talking about choosing and it reminded me of "Pikachu! I choose You!" which my little brother used to run around yelling. And I liked watching toons with him and my lil sister and the first season of Pokemon was actually pretty entertaining. Yes, I watched pokemon, so what?> :shoot: :lol: I also watched Yu-Gi-Oh! it was pretty cool, until it got all confusing.

and why do we scare ya?

The Lady of Shadows
06-18-2008, 06:59 PM

because we were talking about choosing and it reminded me of "Pikachu! I choose You!" which my little brother used to run around yelling. And I liked watching toons with him and my lil sister and the first season of Pokemon was actually pretty entertaining. Yes, I watched pokemon, so what?> :shoot: :lol: I also watched Yu-Gi-Oh! it was pretty cool, until it got all confusing.

and why do we scare ya?

so, let me be the first person to ask the question. how old were you when you were watching pokeman bruno? :)

and what the fuck is a yu-gi-oh? :unsure:

Ves'Ka Gan
06-18-2008, 07:15 PM
i saw them all too, my best friend has them all on dvd boxed set. Yes, they made one.

The Tremors Attack Pack.

I also own it.

I think I just sent the geek factor of this thread through the roof by admitting that.

ZoNeSeeK
06-18-2008, 09:08 PM
something that required minimal effort, and had dry beer on tap

razz
06-19-2008, 09:43 AM

actually can we try and keep it at least vaugley realistic? the undead are allowed, but not pokemon plz

The Lady of Shadows
06-19-2008, 02:42 PM

actually can we try and keep it at least vaugley realistic? the undead are allowed, but not pokemon plz

oh please. i think pokeman is WAY more realistic than the undead. pokeman have powers. what do the undead have except the ability to run into things (well, stumble into things) and eat brains. :P

Sam
06-19-2008, 10:35 PM
But that's a real power turtlesong. I've got several friends whose ex-wives did exactly that to them. One friend of mine got divorced because she was fucking around on him and she got everything he owned, including his brain. Poor slob was drooling all over himself the last I saw of him. So it's not just the undead we are fighting against. It's the ex-spouses too!!

Ves'Ka Gan
06-20-2008, 01:18 PM
I just thought of something--ammo is of no concern, fine--what about cleaning gear? Even the most reliable weapon is going to jam up after five or six hundred rounds pounded into zombie heads and no cleaning.

razz
06-20-2008, 01:23 PM
I just thought of something--ammo is of no concern, fine--what about cleaning gear? Even the most reliable weapon is going to jam up after five or six hundred rounds pounded into zombie heads and no cleaning.
just assume that you do not need anything to take care of the weapons. just the two weapons you would liek to use in case of doomness.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-20-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm a Marine--I don't think I am able to think about using a firearm and not cleaning it. I usually tell people that they don't REALLY brainwash us--but on weapon cleaning and care--I think they may have....:scared:

razz
06-20-2008, 01:25 PM
just trying to keep things simple.

The Lady of Shadows
06-20-2008, 02:33 PM
But that's a real power turtlesong. I've got several friends whose ex-wives did exactly that to them. One friend of mine got divorced because she was fucking around on him and she got everything he owned, including his brain. Poor slob was drooling all over himself the last I saw of him. So it's not just the undead we are fighting against. It's the ex-spouses too!!

please don't get me started on ex-spouses. i could fill this entire board going off on ex-spouses. and it would neither be turtle-like nor lady-like. :nope:

I'm a Marine--I don't think I am able to think about using a firearm and not cleaning it. I usually tell people that they don't REALLY brainwash us--but on weapon cleaning and care--I think they may have....:scared:

yes, ves. you may presume that all the cleaning kits you will need will be provided. :)

just trying to keep things simple.

she's a marine. keeping it simple is in their vocabulary - but sometimes you can't keep it too simple or they just stand there and stare at you. and you have to, like, swat them to get them moving again. :lol:

Shamey
06-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Maybe your gun can just come with a cleaning kit and full instructions. Then, when you have the opportunity to climb a tree, you can just post up shop, clean your gun, and move on. I am totally ready for this war!-

John Blaze
06-20-2008, 05:20 PM
please, I've shot like 800 rounds thru my sks just in the last month and I haven't cleaned it. :P

The Lady of Shadows
06-21-2008, 10:29 AM
please, I've shot like 800 rounds thru my sks just in the last month and I haven't cleaned it. :P

oh boy. it's a good thing a certain marine is "otherwise occupied" (ahem) or she'd probably make you do push-ups or something as a penance.

blasphemy!

:)

Ves'Ka Gan
06-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I think I may cry just thinking of the amount of carbon on that poor weapon.

sarajean
05-01-2009, 10:21 PM
**bump**

Jon
05-01-2009, 11:00 PM
A .380 and a 5 foot length of 1/2 ' chain. The chain can be doubled or quartered for close combat, wrapped around the fist for very close combat or thrown to trip up a fleeing adversary. It worked well for me in my wild youth.

lead dealer
05-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Its a Russian designed weapon, they work better when dirty it would seam.... I have never tried this theory, you could eat with my yougo underfolder if it was not for the oil..... My father however has never cleaned his sks in the 6 years he has owned it, put several hundred rounds through it. I have cleaned it 3 times out of general disgust, not out of it having a stoppage.....

That short barreled socom 16 (16inch barreled m-14). Adapted to take a p-17 bayonet. There is something to be said about a 16inch bladed bayonet on an already evil rifle....... Than I have a handy (ish) short sword......

That or the ww1 1918 knuckle dagger. Brass knuckles as a hand guard, spike on the bottom and a nice thick, pointy blade....... Nice way to win friends and influence people.....

Are you sure I can't carry a pistol too???

lead dealer
05-06-2009, 10:16 AM
How about this little number? .45 caliber revolver with a bayonet.

This one is the wifes favorite. Our house gun! I would love to see the look on the perp's face when they see this one bearing down on them....

Just evil......:evil::shoot: