PDA

View Full Version : Best Alien

razz
06-11-2008, 06:11 PM
-

Arthur Heath
06-11-2008, 07:39 PM
No specifics? No ALF? I boycott this poll if there is no ALF.

ManOfWesternesse
06-12-2008, 01:43 AM
This just movie/tv, or is it Books too?

If Books, then you're missing the best aliens ever created in SF - The Moties from Niven & Pournelle's 'The Mote in Gods Eye'. (imho)

jayson
06-12-2008, 05:05 AM
Futurama has some of the best aliens.

cozener
06-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Would Blue Meanies count as aliens?

jayson
06-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Would Blue Meanies count as aliens?

Good question Coz. It's never really said definitively whether or not Pepperland is on Earth or another planet.

cozener
06-12-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm pretty sure that Pepperland is on Earth...just deep in the ocean. But the origin of the Blue Meanies is never explained. I say we write a letter to Paul or Ringo and demand clarification.

obscurejude
06-12-2008, 09:55 AM
X Files

jayson
06-12-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty sure that Pepperland is on Earth...just deep in the ocean. But the origin of the Blue Meanies is never explained. I say we write a letter to Paul or Ringo and demand clarification.

you'd actually have to write to Erich Segal or one of the other screenwriters. i had the chance in college to meet with and interview Lee Minoff who wrote the original screenplay but there were no Blue Meanies in it. they were a later addition to the story by the other writers. i did get to read the original original screenplay, the same one Lennon and McCartney read which was a very cool thing to have in my hands.

fernandito
06-12-2008, 12:24 PM
P R E D A T O R.

cozener
06-13-2008, 06:54 AM

you'd actually have to write to Erich Segal or one of the other screenwriters. i had the chance in college to meet with and interview Lee Minoff who wrote the original screenplay but there were no Blue Meanies in it. they were a later addition to the story by the other writers. i did get to read the original original screenplay, the same one Lennon and McCartney read which was a very cool thing to have in my hands. omg thats way cool! I can't imagine the story without Blue Meanies though. Was there some other kind of antagonist in the original screen play?

Arthur Heath
06-13-2008, 08:19 AM
I always dug the Borg, STNG Borg that is. Before they got all touchy feely. Buggers too, from the Ender series.

jayson
06-13-2008, 08:36 AM
omg thats way cool! I can't imagine the story without Blue Meanies though. Was there some other kind of antagonist in the original screen play?

i'm sure there were, i just can't recall what it was. that was a LONG time ago in my first attempt at college way back in 1989 so my memory is a bit fuzzy. i do still have a videotape of the movie signed by Minoff which is one of my most cherished possessions.

cozener
06-13-2008, 12:52 PM
I always dug the Borg, STNG Borg that is. Before they got all touchy feely. Buggers too, from the Ender series. I like a lot of ST aliens. I think my favorite are the Romulans...EVIL VULCANS!

Mattrick
06-19-2008, 12:31 PM
How no one has mentioned Star Wars yet I'll never understand.

http://alexplorer.net/guitar/text/guitar/bossk.jpg

http://www.starwarsholidayspecial.com/images/photos/cantina/cantina_denizens_1.jpg

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/blog/260px-JabbaTheHutt.jpg

Just for a few...leaving out tons of them. Like Bib Fortuna...who rocks and Watto.

mia/susannah
06-19-2008, 12:38 PM
How about the aliens from war of the worlds

sarah
06-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Futurama has some of the best aliens.

you can say that again, mister!

three cheers for futurama and all their alien madness. :clap::clap::clap:

fernandito
06-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Nothing can beat Dragon Ball Z's aliens, these guys can destroy entire planets with a flick o' the wrist. :D

http://www.anime-planet.com/anirec/images/mainimages/dbzmovie6.jpg