PDA

View Full Version : Connecting ALL Stephen King Books to the Tower

ZGDK
06-09-2008, 10:28 AM
I've been thinking abotu this, but in a way you can connect all of the books back to the tower. For example in Rose Madder Rose reads a Misery book. Thus Misery-Rose Madder-The Tower. Or: The Shining-IT-The Tower. I was wondering what connections like this some others have found.

theBeamisHome
06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Great topic!! I've been trying to do this myself... because Roland hypnotised Sai King and told him every story that he wrote would be about the Dark Tower... so...

What I started wondering was if the Shop was another agent/company of the CK. They were interested in telepaths... who's to say they weren't looking for Breakers?..... i guess... I'll try to think of more.

Daghain
06-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Some stuff can be found on the Tower Connections (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=749) pages. :)

Jean
06-09-2008, 11:12 PM
I would go further, and connect all books (King or not) to the Tower: that's where inspiration comes from in all cases

Daghain
06-10-2008, 07:07 AM
:thumbsup: Good point!

theBeamisHome
06-10-2008, 07:21 AM
there are just some books that i don't want to hold any association to the Tower... i mean, there's some pretty awful stuff out there seeming to lack any inspiration...:rolleyes:

Matt
06-10-2008, 07:35 AM
If all books are tied to the Tower then all of everything is tied to the Tower. :lol:

That butterfly that just flew by the window...tied to the Tower. :rock:

Daghain
06-10-2008, 08:23 AM
All things serve the Beam. :lol:

theBeamisHome
06-10-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm beginning to feel like the thread may have been hijacked a lil... anyone wanna try actually answering the OPs original question? lol

A.D.D.

Daghain
06-10-2008, 08:38 AM
A.D.D. indeed. :lol:

Actually, I partially did answer his question by pointing him to the connections pages. :)

theBeamisHome
06-10-2008, 08:41 AM
yeah.. Sai King's official site has more stuff on it tho. I looked at it and wondered why our page here wasn't filled more... I'm not rushing anyone though :D

Daghain
06-10-2008, 08:44 AM
It's a wiki. You can write articles in there if you want. :)

Just be sure to read the guidelines first! :D

theBeamisHome
06-10-2008, 08:47 AM
really??? awesome! right away! lol

Daghain
06-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Cool! If you need any help, let me or Lisa (Darkthoughts) know. I've been working on the Towerpedia, and the Tower Connections are kind of her baby, meaning she's written them all so far. :lol:

But members are encouraged to work on both! :)

The Lady of Shadows
06-12-2008, 07:41 AM
If all books are tied to the Tower then all of everything is tied to the Tower. :lol:

That butterfly that just flew by the window...tied to the Tower. :rock:

All things serve the Beam. :lol:

i'm pretty sure these fucking cicadas serve the crimson king. :pullhair:

theBeamisHome
06-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm reading It and I thought I saw something from another of King's books in here.. not DT I know that's there, but something else and i forgot. It rang a bell for Storm of the Century but I'm not sure if that's it anymore.. anyone know?

Darkthoughts
06-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I caught quite a few non DT refs in IT. They're all in the IT article ;)
With each of the articles I do:
*intro

*DT refs

*non DT refs.

As for every book being connected to the Tower, I think the essence of that is true by default of SK being the author, even though not every book has a Tower reference. But, I'm working on an article that will include every SK book and their connections to each other even if they don't connect directly to DT.

theBeamisHome
06-12-2008, 11:17 AM
ohhhhhhh ><

Daghain
06-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Damn you're ambitious, Lisa. I like that. :wub:

Tell Matt you need a raise. :lol:

theBeamisHome
06-12-2008, 11:23 AM
That's what it was! Dreamcatcher.. the Mr. Gray thing... and I'd thought that Save Russian Jews thing looked familiar... i should've read this a long time ago i kno.

Darkthoughts
06-12-2008, 11:25 AM
:lol: Its cool, I'm totally open to people catching things I might have missed :couple:

Daggers - too ambitious? If you see me on the news in a bedroom with DT scrawls and notes all over the walls, gibbering away in the corner...you'll know why :lol:

theBeamisHome
06-12-2008, 11:29 AM
well what reminded me of Storm of the Century was how they talked about the original residents of Derry disappearing... Didn't that happen somewhere else? Well I know it happened on Ronoake Island, but I just remember in the movie seeing a bunch of people walking off a pier into the ocean... and I know the movie was the same as the screenplay right?? i'm sooo confuzzled.

Darkthoughts
06-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Hmmm, I'm not familiar with SotC - I know in It you learn of many historic instances of ritual purgings in Derry that Pennywise is responsible for. But like I say, Storm is something I haven't read yet :thumbsup:

theBeamisHome
06-12-2008, 11:35 AM
oh ok cool.. well i don't think i'm going crazy. i have seen the movie a few times... but now i'm thinking it may have been a hallucination.....

theBeamisHome
06-12-2008, 11:35 AM
scratch that... not hallucination... someone was having a nightmare about it i think.

The Lady of Shadows
06-12-2008, 08:47 PM
That's what it was! Dreamcatcher.. the Mr. Gray thing... and I'd thought that Save Russian Jews thing looked familiar... i should've read this a long time ago i kno.

save russian jews, collect valuable prizes
is this what you're talking about? isn't that one of the quotes on one of the bathroom walls from all that you love will be carried away?

Darkthoughts
06-13-2008, 05:07 AM
We know that, get with the program Turtlesong! :lol: :couple:

razz
06-15-2008, 07:42 AM

save russian jews, collect valuable prizes
is this what you're talking about? isn't that one of the quotes on one of the bathroom walls from all that you love will be carried away?
Ishter Gay aslo kept asking Jonsey "What is nineteen?"

theBeamisHome
06-16-2008, 05:08 AM
wow... I've gotten further along in It... and when Richie saw It in the park he went into a Detta Walker Voice...AND someone... I thought it was Eddie.. was thinking about different worlds.. and he thinks in some world there might be a rose that sings.. there might have been others, I'm on page 700.. i can't remember them all

ZGDK
06-22-2008, 11:02 AM
There are a few Stephen King books that aren't offically connected but I think they should be. The Tommyknockers and Dreamcatcher. The Dead Zone and The Shining both could deal with potential Breakers. The Shining especially because the hotel feels very thinny-like the way it messes with Jack. What are some others you guys have found?

mia/susannah
06-22-2008, 11:05 AM
I have not read The Tommyknockers or Dreamcatcher but have seen the movies. I am sorry but I don't see the connections though

Darkthoughts
06-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Tommyknockers connections page is now up :thumbsup:

ZGDK - you have a similar thread existing in Gilead already though, I think this would have fit into it quite nicely without starting a new one ;)

ZGDK
06-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Tommyknockers connections page is now up :thumbsup:

ZGDK - you have a similar thread existing in Gilead already though, I think this would have fit into it quite nicely without starting a new one ;)

Oh I do? Sometimes I forget what I've posted. Is there any way to merge the two?

Darkthoughts
06-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes, this isn't my section though so another mod from Gilead will be able to :)

sarah
06-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Hello! Thanks for your post :)

I'm going to merge your two threads together. Thanks darkers for the heads up.

ZGDK
06-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks :) Like I said I can loose track of what I post at times.