PDA

View Full Version : Connections between Susan and Susannah? *end of the series SPOILERS*

SaiCmont19
06-03-2008, 05:02 PM
OK so I just got to thinking...

You know how Susan was pregnant and all when she was burned at the stake?

Could Mordred possibly be part of that baby she was carrying?

I was just thinking cuz of the name similarities- Susan and Susannah...

The baby could have died, went to the tower in dying, and as punishment for Roland's single tracked mind and for not saving Susan he was reborn as a halfspawn of the Crimson King and created to try and stop Roland?

theBeamisHome
06-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Well I was trying to figure out the connection between Susan and Susannah because she freaked out a little when Roland mentioned her. I was also wondering why Mordred was so hell bent on destroying Roland... besides the fact that it was his sole purpose in life of course lol... And.. I think I like ur explanation. But maybe that was why Susan's baby couldn't live and she had to die with it. To give Mordred that purpose... Ka is a wheel.

Letti
06-04-2008, 10:22 PM
For my part I don't think that there are any connection between the two babies. Yeah, both of them were Roland's children but they weren't the same.
Mordred was an evil moster but Susan and Roland's child would have been an absolutely normal loving baby.

jayson
06-05-2008, 09:17 AM
I agree with Letti. I don't think there is any connection between the baby Susan was carrying and Mordred. I also think the connection between Susan and Susannah ends at the similarity of their names.

obscurejude
06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I also think the connection between Susan and Susannah ends at the similarity of their names.

Hear, Hear!

Jean
06-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Could Mordred possibly be part of that baby she was carrying?

I am sure there's no way he could (not all pregnant women are interconnected, you see), but I love the idea, it has this touch of noble madness about it that might lead to interesting speculations even if the first premise is wrong

Bluenose
08-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Great idea, maybe if Susannah had been burnt at the stake...I always thought Rolands ka-tet at the end of the series was the reincarnation of his original one in Mejis. Probably not though

I've always wondered at the connection between Susan (in W&G) and Susan (in Salems Lot). Both the beloved of the hero, both dead as a result of the his actions.

MonteGss
08-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I agree with Letti. I don't think there is any connection between the baby Susan was carrying and Mordred. I also think the connection between Susan and Susannah ends at the similarity of their names.

Absolutely correct in all points.

LadyHitchhiker
08-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I like the idea that there is a connection...

Brainslinger
08-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Personality wise I get the impression Susannah is more like Aileen. We've yet to meet her properly but, the Dark Tower Almanac strongly suggests she's a bit of a tomboy, and gunslinger material. Not officially made a gunslinger, but certainly one at heart. If that makes sense. Too early to tell yet though.

As for Susannah and Susan, yes I agree the similarity is just their names. I don't think it's a coincidence though, but another example of ka spinning out the same thing again and again, albeit shuffled in their case. Kind of like how many of the characters in The Regulators and Desperation had the same names but were very different characters nonetheless.