PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia: A probable third Marvel comic

mae
06-02-2008, 12:14 PM
http://comics.ign.com/articles/878/878225p2.html

IGN Comics: You've got both The Stand and Dark Tower turning into longterm projects at Marvel. Would you dare venture a guess as to what might be next from King's library?

Macchio: There is nothing I could say right now. We haven't, as far as I know, had any discussions with him about working on a third novel. I would love to do anything he might want to do. One that I think would be a good choice for us to do would be Insomnia, because Insomnia is really an adjunct and a close connector to the Dark Tower books. That's a book that really has major connections. Roland, in fact, has a little appearance in there. A lot of the description of the multiverse setup from Dark Tower is explored in great depth in Insomnia. If I had my choice that would be one very high on the list because of how it relates to the Dark Tower books.

jhanic
06-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Interesting!

John

obscurejude
06-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Monte must be thrilled beyond words.

John_and_Yoko
06-02-2008, 09:43 PM

I don't know about Monte, but I sure am! :D

So exactly which comics are out now and which ones have yet to be done (and when will they be done)?

ZGDK
06-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I think Insomnia would be great as a comic because it's in my opinion a ver visual story.

MonteGss
06-03-2008, 10:39 AM

:lol:

This will most likely be a BIG improvement!

obscurejude
06-03-2008, 05:37 PM

This will most likely be a BIG improvement!

cozener
06-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Hey I might actually be able to get through it if it were a comic.

CyberGhostface
06-04-2008, 08:05 AM
As much as I love Insomnia (and I do, its one of my favorites), there's no way I could see this being both faithful to the novel and successful as a monthly average-to-double-sized comicbook.

I mean, a large chunk of the first part of the book mostly deals with an old man grieving over his wife and having trouble falling asleep. Encounters with Deepneau and Pickering aside, the book doesn't really pick up until the second part where the bald doctors come in.

I don't know. I've said this a couple of times now, but I really want to see King do *new* material for Marvel and not just adaptations or extensions of preexisting work.

DanishCollector
06-05-2008, 12:18 PM
I would also prefer something new. It might actually happen, King stated in his January interview with Lilja, that he wanted to do an original graphic novel with Marvel.

jhanic
06-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Does anyone have a clue as to what lovefcs09 is talking about? Mods?

John

MonteGss
06-22-2008, 07:15 AM
He's a spammer and his post should be deleted shortly by Roland.

alinda
06-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Third time I've run across this one today. :(

I am not overly enthuiastic about my favorite books being turned into comics
but if theres a market right?

Randall Flagg
06-22-2008, 07:38 AM
Does anyone have a clue as to what lovefcs09 is talking about? Mods?

John

He is gone now. His posts should also have been deleted.

jhanic
06-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks. There should be a special place in Hell for spammers.

John