PDA

View Full Version : Desperation S/L for sale

oy-the-brave
05-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Due to the unexpected purchase of the 2 #19 Dark Tower prints the Whelans offered me I need to sell my S/L copy of Desperation #1032.

I can provide references from the last 2 books I sold if needed, I can take Paypal but would prefer a money order. I am asking 275.00 + actual shipping cost.

I also still have the following book available:

Mirrormask, the Illustrated Script of the Motion Picture from the Jim Henson Company by Neil Gaiman, & Dave McKean both who have signed on the 2nd page from book # 292 of 500 1st Editions. Published by Subterranean Press. Includes the full screenplay, dialogue, cut material from the finished film, over 1700 storyboards, and notes and emails that helped form the basis of the film. 332 oversized pages, in new condition.

Original publisher price 125.00, I will sell for only 50.00 plus shipping (actual cost).

Thanks, Dave

mia/susannah
05-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Wish I could afford it. I would love to have Desperations

Darkthoughts
05-20-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm very interested in Mirrormask - I've never made a money order transaction before, but paypal all the time. What would shipping to the UK be for that, Dave?

oy-the-brave
05-20-2008, 04:48 AM
I'm very interested in Mirrormask - I've never made a money order transaction before, but paypal all the time. What would shipping to the UK be for that, Dave?

I am not sure if it would be worth sending to the UK, the last book I sent there probably weighed a little less than this hude book and shipping was 48.00 there was I think around 6,00 in insurance on that one but because of the weight I suspect that would be close to right. Anyone know a cheaper way to send something to the UK?

Room 217 Caretaker
05-20-2008, 06:30 AM
Anyone know a cheaper way to send something to the UK?

Water Water EVERYWHERE.....

If you use enough bubble wrap and place an addressed note on the book....set it a float.....it might make it.

But, it might end up looking like this:

Room 217 Caretaker
05-20-2008, 06:34 AM
I sent a smaller box two weeks ago to the UK by air and it cost $38 + insurance. I think you can send it by boat using the Post Office for half the cost but it can take up to 45 days for arrival.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Nerak
05-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Lisa is going to send me a book to get signed...if you want, you can send the mirrormask to me and I will ship it with her book back to her once I get it signed...if that's ok with Lisa?

Darkthoughts
05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Yep, thats cool by me :D

I buy a lot from subpress and the shipping isn't too horrendous...do they get a better deal being a publisher?
Its definately cheaper to post from the UK though, I think. I sent a book to the US a couple of weeks ago - (I didn't insure it) it only cost me $12 to send.

Matt
05-20-2008, 11:15 AM
I hope you get that one Lisa, it sounds really cool!

Darkthoughts
05-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Me too! I just bought 2 signed limited Neil Gaiman books from subpress (I had a tax rebate :rock: ) Interworld and M is for Magic...Mirrormask would be a fantastic addition :thumbsup:

oy-the-brave
05-20-2008, 02:45 PM
I sent a smaller box two weeks ago to the UK by air and it cost $38 + insurance. I think you can send it by boat using the Post Office for half the cost but it can take up to 45 days for arrival.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

I was told by the Post Office that surface mail (I think it was called) is no longer available, only global priority.

oy-the-brave
05-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Yep, thats cool by me :D

I buy a lot from subpress and the shipping isn't too horrendous...do they get a better deal being a publisher?
Its definately cheaper to post from the UK though, I think. I sent a book to the US a couple of weeks ago - (I didn't insure it) it only cost me $12 to send.

I don't know if they get a better deal, I wouldn't think so but who knows. I am fine with sending it to Karen though just let me know.

I guess even with the shipping it will still be less than from Sub press.

Nerak
05-20-2008, 05:06 PM
I also ship via a carrier that is cheaper than the post office and delivers in the same amount of time :)

Darkthoughts
05-21-2008, 03:56 AM
Great! :D

So Dave, if you are cool with that arrangement I would love to buy it from you. PM me with your paypal details if you do :thumbsup:

Thanks Karen, with this and the Joe Hill book I owe you one :couple:

Cutter
05-21-2008, 05:20 AM

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

I was told by the Post Office that surface mail (I think it was called) is no longer available, only global priority.

Yea the post office stopped this practice about 6 months to a year ago. If you had a thousand books you could send it across the pond by boat, but they stopped doing it for single packages.

Ari_Racing
05-21-2008, 06:05 AM
I don't know how much time used to take from USA to UK, but when I purchased in a spanish library, surface took nearly 90 days to arrive...so I preffer to spend a little more in shipping but receive the book this year..(can you imagine all the things that can happend to a box that spends almost 20 days in a boat, with rats eating the box, being smashed by each operator that moves it from one place to another?

:(

Nerak
05-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Great! :D

So Dave, if you are cool with that arrangement I would love to buy it from you. PM me with your paypal details if you do :thumbsup:

Thanks Karen, with this and the Joe Hill book I owe you one :couple:

Happy to help, don't worry about it :)