PDA

View Full Version : HF2008 THE GRAND PRIZE: Signed/Personalized Omibus

Matt
05-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Here's the drawing you guys.

I was hoping to strike a balance with this method of giveaway to not only make sure that people who gave a lot were rewarded for it and also people that have a little had a fighting chance.

I think we pulled that off beautifully. :thumbsup:

People who gave until it hurt, literally at every opportunity...some got some very cool prizes.

Others only had one entry and were able to pull gold as well.

That was the point and I think the whole thing was really good. We have some kinks to iron out for the next one but that's a hell of a deal for the first year.

In the end, we are giving a significant amount of money to a worthy organization and we should all be very proud of ourselves. We did a really good thing.

So without further adue--remember what I said above because the winner is a shocker, you can see it on all of our faces. :lol:

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk112/Towermatt/?action=view&current=20080517233306.flv

Matt
05-18-2008, 03:50 PM
This post is reserved for more information on our winner :rock:

MonteGss
05-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Wow....congrats to the winner!

Heather19
05-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Congratulations!!!

Rjeso
Congrats!!

turtlex
Congratulations, Sarah B.

Hope you had as much fun as we did.

A big THANK YOU to Matt and Team for running this amazing event!

The Lady of Shadows
05-18-2008, 03:57 PM
:clap: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :clap:

Matt
05-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks you guys, I am going to contact her over email and ask her to join. I'm not even sure she is from the SKMB as we have many that donated who were non affiliated on either site.

But we'll get all the info and pictures on it for this thread when it gets there. :nana:

Daghain
05-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Congrats!!!

Spencer
05-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Excellent! A great end to a great drawing.

Nerak
05-18-2008, 04:07 PM
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackrose22
05-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Nice work everybody:thumbsup: . Roll on next years giveaway.

alinda
05-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Wow, congrats Sarah B !

Erin
05-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Congrats Sarah B! :D

sarah
05-18-2008, 06:53 PM
my maiden name is Sarah B, does that count? :lol:

kidding.

Congrats to the winner! You gotta post pictures when you get it.

mia/susannah
05-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Congradulations Sarah B. Please post pics!!

herbertwest
05-18-2008, 11:58 PM
congratulations!

Matt
05-19-2008, 04:10 AM
Sent out an email to this person, addy from the paypal donation. Still no response. I will get a hold of Ms Mod and see if she can do a data search.

In 30 days, if we don't get a response, it will be redrawn I guess. :lol:

Brice
05-19-2008, 04:12 AM
With no disrespect to King, Furth, or the lovely book; the real grand prize was watching Aaron, Hannah, Matt, and Dora so much. :D It was good to see y'all having such a good time in all the videos. Thanks for all the work y'all put into this thing.

Congratulations Sarah B. :D

John Blaze
05-19-2008, 04:41 AM
congrats Sarah B.

btw, Matt, I forgot to tell you that when I do crossdressing competitions my stage name is Sarah B. :ninja: can I have the omnibus now? :D

Brice
05-19-2008, 04:44 AM
... I do crossdressing competitions

Please DO NOT post video proof of this. :rofl:

John Blaze
05-19-2008, 05:32 AM
but I can! :P

** if I weren't at work right now I SO would have.

Brice
05-19-2008, 05:35 AM
Please please don't EVER leave work then. :lol:

John Blaze
05-19-2008, 05:36 AM
:rofl: fuck that, I don't love this place that much.

Brice
05-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Keep that video or I'm calling your boss. :angry:

Patrick
05-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Congratulations, Sarah B., whoever you are! :rock:

John Blaze
05-19-2008, 02:39 PM
thanks patrick! :D

Brice
05-20-2008, 05:10 AM

There is good news and bad news here, Bruno. I'll let you decide which is which.

1. Everyone believes you and it has been mailed to you.

2. I have moved and gotten three new jobs. I now work for the USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS in Parachute, CO. :evil:

Míchéal
05-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Congrats Sarah B...

John Blaze
05-20-2008, 07:25 AM

There is good news and bad news here, Bruno. I'll let you decide which is which.

1. Everyone believes you and it has been mailed to you.

2. I have moved and gotten three new jobs. I now work for the USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS in Parachute, CO. :evil:

Oh SHIT!!!!

**runs to CO**

Brice
05-20-2008, 07:26 AM
:lol:

sarah
05-20-2008, 07:36 AM
has sarah b been tracked down yet?

Matt
05-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Nope, not a word yet.

I am going to send her a registered letter next Monday if I have not heard.

We are in the 30 day countdown though.

Brice
05-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Nope, not a word yet.

I am going to send her a registered letter next Monday if I have not heard.

We are in the 30 day countdown though.

If you have to do another draw will y'all be using it as an excuse to get plastered again? :lol:

Nerak
05-20-2008, 08:16 AM
lol

turtlex
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Wow...this is more interesting than "Who Shot JR".... Where is she? Who is she? Will she show up in time?

Matt
05-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Its actually kind of fun, leaves a bit of mystery in the giveaway. :rock:

Brice
05-20-2008, 02:19 PM
She'll claim it the last day of the thirty days just to watch our reactions. :rofl:

Nerak
05-20-2008, 05:07 PM
that just wouldn't be nice :(

The Lady of Shadows
05-20-2008, 11:23 PM
no. but it would be pretty funny. :onfire:

turtlex
05-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Hopefully, she's out doing some volunteer work, helping abused children or something.... I'm sure it's like that. The only reason NOT to be claiming this wonderful prize!

John Blaze
05-21-2008, 02:31 PM
I've claimed it a ton of times, they just won't send it to me. :(

jemaher
05-22-2008, 02:43 PM
That is one seriously cool prize... I lust after it.

John Blaze
05-22-2008, 02:48 PM
me too!

turtlex
05-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Gee, and I thought waiting for the Big Give made for a slow passage of time.... now we're counting down to whether or not Sarah B comes out of hiding and if we do a re-draw of the Grand Prize.

stboling
05-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Ok, first of all I would like to say thank you, thank you, thank you for the awesome prize!

Here's the story: I have been a major Stephen King fan for at least 20 years.
Now, I don't spend too much time on the computer (I leave that to my husband), but I do love to go on to Mr. King's site and read all the interesting posts. I have never registered, I guess you call me a lurker. I have atrocious writing skills and have always been too embarrassed to actually put anything out there to reveal how bad said skills really are.

Anyhow, I happened to be on the site one day (lurking), and I saw the link for the contest benefiting The Haven. I thought that the organization sounded like a really great thing, and thought "Well, heck, I'll donate $10. I never win anything, but you never know".

So, flash forward to May 24.--I check my e-mail probably once every 2 or 3 weeks on average. I was totally shocked when there was a note from Matt advising me that I had won a prize in the Haven drawing, and he had been trying to reach me. So I shot him a reply. I was pleasantly surprised. (by the way, he didi not tell me what I had won).

Flash forward again to today(May 26). There was no response from Matt in my e-mail, so I decided to come on to this here site to see if maybe there was a list of winners so I could check out what I won. I was totally stunned when I watched the video and saw how everyone was mystified (and possibly a little disgusted?)by the lack of response from the grand prize winner. OMG, IT WAS ME!

So I would just like to let everyone know, yes I am blown away by my win, and will treasure that omnibus like it is my child. Sorry if this is long winded, but I am still stunned. Thanks also for all the good wishes.

Sarah Boling
Grand Prize Winner(heehee)

The Lady of Shadows
05-26-2008, 01:07 PM
woohoo!!!! welcome welcome welcome!

damn girl. it's good to hear from you. hope you've got some papertowels cause we're all going to be drooling all over you. :lol:

welcome to the site, make yourself at home, post your little heart out, and please don't be shy.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

turtlex
05-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Ok, first of all I would like to say thank you, thank you, thank you for the awesome prize!

So I would just like to let everyone know, yes I am blown away by my win, and will treasure that omnibus like it is my child. Sorry if this is long winded, but I am still stunned. Thanks also for all the good wishes.

Sarah Boling

Welcome Welcome Welcome Sarah B ( you'll always be Sarah B to us! ).

Congrats on your win. Come out of lurking and join in on the fun!!!

At TDT you will never be graded for grammer and spelling definitely does NOT count!

Matt
05-26-2008, 01:45 PM

Here's the story: I have been a major Stephen King fan for at least 20 years.
Now, I don't spend too much time on the computer (I leave that to my husband), but I do love to go on to Mr. King's site and read all the interesting posts. I have never registered, I guess you call me a lurker. I have atrocious writing skills and have always been too embarrassed to actually put anything out there to reveal how bad said skills really are.

Anyhow, I happened to be on the site one day (lurking), and I saw the link for the contest benefiting The Haven. I thought that the organization sounded like a really great thing, and thought "Well, heck, I'll donate $10. I never win anything, but you never know".

So, flash forward to May 24.--I check my e-mail probably once every 2 or 3 weeks on average. I was totally shocked when there was a note from Matt advising me that I had won a prize in the Haven drawing, and he had been trying to reach me. So I shot him a reply. I was pleasantly surprised. (by the way, he didi not tell me what I had won).

Flash forward again to today(May 26). There was no response from Matt in my e-mail, so I decided to come on to this here site to see if maybe there was a list of winners so I could check out what I won. I was totally stunned when I watched the video and saw how everyone was mystified (and possibly a little disgusted?)by the lack of response from the grand prize winner. OMG, IT WAS ME!

Sarah Boling

Hey Sarah!!

I'm so glad you made it over here. I typed out and sent a long reply to your email after you contacted me and was mystified as to why I hadn't heard back. Its because you didn't get it. :doh:

Its cool as hell to see you. I have already informed Mr. King's office to send the book to your paypal address and we would love to see some pics of it when it arrives. :excited:

The contest couldn't have worked out any better imo. I am totally thrilled a long time King fan won the big prize.

Welcome to the site.

turtlex
05-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Sarah Boling

Hey Sarah!!

I'm so glad you made it over here. I typed out and sent a long reply to your email after you contacted me and was mystified as to why I hadn't heard back. Its because you didn't get it. :doh:

Its cool as hell to see you. I have already informed Mr. King's office to send the book to your paypal address and we would love to see some pics of it when it arrives. :excited:

The contest couldn't have worked out any better imo. I am totally thrilled a long time King fan won the big prize.

Welcome to the site.

Matt - everything worked out great. Even the mystery and waiting on Sarah B... all part of the magic !

Sarah B - I second what Matt said - I'm sure we'd all LOVE to see some pictures after you get your awesome item.

Nerak
05-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Welcome and congrats Sarah B!!!

It's great to have you here!!

alinda
05-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Congratulations Sarah!
Its great to see you here, welcome to the best site on the internet!
I hope that you'll come around as often as you can
and let us know you .I completely agree about posting pics if you can arrange it. I think your husband may have to share the computer with you a bit more in the future ( I hope so anyway) We've all been speculating alot about you. Whats clear is your kind, you like SK, and you have a good sense of humor...a perfect fit! Come on in then, we've been waiting for you.
"let the party commence" Welcome Sarah!
http://ts1.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1535446159620&id=87180bae0aff30a6c12fb61b5d734129

Daghain
05-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Congrats Sarah B.! I'm sure it will find a good home. :)

stboling
05-30-2008, 05:18 AM
Hey Matt! I wanted to let you know that I watched this video several times, then tried to get my 2 boys to watch it so they would be excited for their mom. After about 30 seconds my 7 yr. old said "Mom, why are you making us watch these weird drunk people?" lol Anyways, I thought it was funny.

Matt
05-30-2008, 06:13 AM
:lol:

Wow! Even kids could tell we were drunk. We weren't hiding it at all. :rock:

That is funny Sarah, you wouldn't believe the comments I still get from the kids about this whole "net" thing.

stboling
05-30-2008, 06:22 AM
Exactly! But my boys seem to have some weird obsession lately about people being drunk. And this is completely off topic, but they have a new game they play called "Beat up the Hippie". One says, "I'm gonna get you, you rotten hippie", then proceeds to pummel the other one. When I asked why they were playing this very odd game, my 9 yr. old said "'Because Homer Simpson hates hippies." Oh dear, my children are so very warped.

Nerak
05-30-2008, 06:23 AM
LOL!!

Matt
05-30-2008, 06:25 AM
When I asked why they were playing this very odd game, my 9 yr. old said "'Because Homer Simpson hates hippies." Oh dear, my children are so very warped.

:rofl:

That's the best answer ever!!