PDA

View Full Version : Any Slade fans out there?

e_taylor
05-15-2008, 05:07 AM
Anyone on these forums a fan of Michael Slade and his "Special X" series?

Bev Vincent
05-15-2008, 05:30 AM
I am. I got to know Jay Clarke and his daughter Rebecca, the authors who comprise the current version of Michael Slade, through World Horror a number of years ago and we've become quite good friends. I have the honor of appearing as a victim in Bed of Nails. My head is impaled on a spike outside Ted Bundy's house in Seattle and my body is found crucified upsidedown in a pagan graveyard many miles away. I had to sign a release form for Penguin to say I was pleased with my depiction in the book. Pleased? I was thrilled!

Because of our shared history dealing with relatives involved in WW II, Slade dedicated his most recent novel, Kamikaze, to me.

Next up is Crucified in September.

I wrote a profile/interview of Slade for Cemetery Dance magazine a while back. You can read it here (http://www.bevvincent.com/downloads/SladeProfile.pdf). (If the page doesn't load, try back again later. There were server issues when I checked a few minutes ago.

e_taylor
05-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow, I'm appalled at myself for never putting two very simple things together and realizing you are that Bev Vincent. Ha ha, oh my....

Has the Slade collecting bug hit you as well? What goodies have you got of his hard to find books?

Bev Vincent
05-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I have a manuscript of one of his novels, and quite a few galleys and one or two signed books, but mostly just a stack of paperbacks.

e_taylor
05-20-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm waiting for the day Cutthroat is printed in hardcover... a few years ago I had discussions with Shane at Delirium, things seemed promising, he was a fan and liked the idea, and Jay was on board but nothing ever came of it - maybe Signet had an issue, but I'm not sure -- still hoping though!

e_taylor
10-08-2008, 06:40 AM
I have a manuscript of one of his novels, and quite a few galleys and one or two signed books, but mostly just a stack of paperbacks.

Bev -

Which novel do you have the manuscript for? And would you ever sell your little Slade stash?

Bev Vincent
10-08-2008, 08:29 AM
I have the manuscript for Bed of Nails. No plans to sell any of it at present.

riknofx
12-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Just wanted to give a big thanks to to you e_taylor- for recommending the Slade books. I've just finished Swaztika, and have Burnt' Bones on the next shelf. I realize my order of books is off, but I really appreciated the books mix of tension, gore, and obvious research of history(& Myth-Disinfo...). His style was great change of pace since I'm so attached to SK- that I re-read more of his stuff than try to branch out to other wordslingers. Anyway thanks,
Rik :thumbsup::shoot: