PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

razz
05-12-2008, 05:21 AM
-

Jean
05-12-2008, 05:25 AM
is it going to be a spoiler thread, or is everybody willing to mark spoilers in the posts?

alinda
05-12-2008, 05:26 AM
:rofl: razz thats cool, sometimes
ya cant get enough of the Dr!

razz
05-12-2008, 05:46 AM
I'm gonna go to school and reinact a bunch of Doctor who scenes. *points to sig.* <---like that one. and the one from "Rose"
"I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name"
"Rose?"
"Nice to meet you Rose, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!"
except i'm gonna change the names, ask random people, and have my friend dressed in a gorilla suite chasing people.

razz
05-12-2008, 05:09 PM
i will also use the episode "Blink" one of my favorite, to explain time in my chemistry class.
now i need some ideas and qoutes from older DW series

Brainslinger
05-13-2008, 07:46 AM
I loved Blink! An unusual and genuinely creepy episode. Interesting to have guest characters actually take the main role and place the main characters in the background too.

The episodes written by Moffat seem particularly good.

razz
05-13-2008, 02:14 PM
what was a pretty funny one was the one with the group of people trying to meet the doctor. then they show up in the end. the one with the absorbaloff thing. the one drawn by a six year old for a contest.

Brainslinger
05-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Right. The monster was played by comedian Peter Kay.

Quite brave to slip in an oral sex gag in a family show too (although they did it in such a way kids probably wouldn't get it.)

razz
05-14-2008, 04:14 AM
that was kinda weird. funny, but wrong.

razz
05-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Can someone recommend some Tom Baker Episodes?

razz
05-27-2008, 06:09 AM
is it going to be a spoiler thread, or is everybody willing to mark spoilers in the posts?
yeah, this should be a spoilers thread.

Bev Vincent
05-27-2008, 07:35 AM
Wait until you see the upcoming episode, The Doctor's Daughter. The eponymous character is played by the doctor's daughter -- that is Peter Davison's daughter, and she's a cutie. Apparently she tried out for the role of Rose.

Blink is one of my favorite Doctor episodes. It shows how to do scary in a very subtle way.

razz
05-27-2008, 07:58 AM
i saw parts of that on youtube. i might download it. that will air next week, as there was no DW episode this friday due to memorial day

razz
05-30-2008, 08:00 AM
here's part one of Blink.
YouTube - Doctor Who - Blink Part 1

Woofer
05-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Last night's episode was awesome, but I believe that's the third insinuation this season that the doctor will die soon. :arg:

razz
05-31-2008, 08:51 AM
which one did you see. from BBC or Scifi? Sontaran Stratagem? and what was the foreshadow?
i only know of 1 of them from planet of the Ood.
"I think your song will end soon"
hope it don't happen

razz
05-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Blink Pt2
YouTube - Doctor Who - Blink Part 2

Ves'Ka Gan
06-01-2008, 05:34 PM
How did I miss this thread when I was cruising down here yesterday?

I probably shouldn't be here since I've missed the majority of series 4 and hate to be spoiled. But to find Whovians who are also DT nuts? I think I've died and gone to Heaven!

The Lady of Shadows
06-01-2008, 05:57 PM
razzle dazzle you are a complete wanker. :pullhair:

you totally posted only parts one and two so that i would get completely hooked and go to youtube and look up part three didn't you. :arg:

now i'm completely hooked (again) and have to go and find out if all his other eps are this good. like i don't have enough to record on friday nights. :panic:

EDIT: and what in the holy fuck is up with those gods damn angels???????????

EDIT #2: i'm up to part 5 and scared out of my fucking wits. satisfied? :)

EDIT #3: :gasp:oh fuck, larry just looked away.

EDIT #4: whew. that was intense. so now i'm off to watch "silence in the library".

razzle dazzle, i'm holding you personally responsible for this. . . . :couple:

Ves'Ka Gan
06-01-2008, 06:27 PM
razzle dazzle you are a complete wanker. :pullhair:

you totally posted only parts one and two so that i would get completely hooked and go to youtube and look up part three didn't you. :arg:

now i'm completely hooked (again) and have to go and find out if all his other eps are this good. like i don't have enough to record on friday nights. :panic:

EDIT: and what in the holy fuck is up with those gods damn angels???????????

EDIT #2: i'm up to part 5 and scared out of my fucking wits. satisfied? :)

EDIT #3: oh fuck, larry just looked away. :gasp:
:rock: Hehehee..Blink is a damn good episode. One of the scariest in the newer series. Too bad we aren't *really* the same person, because then you'd have the last 3 seasons on DVD and you could watch them whenever you wanted.:cool:

The Lady of Shadows
06-01-2008, 06:42 PM
:rock: Hehehee..Blink is a damn good episode. One of the scariest in the newer series. Too bad we aren't *really* the same person, because then you'd have the last 3 seasons on DVD and you could watch them whenever you wanted.:cool:

hmmmm. i may have to bribe you with beam bucks to mail them to me. :lol:

Woofer
06-02-2008, 08:34 AM
which one did you see. from BBC or Scifi? Sontaran Stratagem? and what was the foreshadow?
i only know of 1 of them from planet of the Ood.
"I think your song will end soon"
hope it don't happen

It was SciFi channel's episode "The Poison Sky" (which is really sort of part 2 of "The Sontaran Strategem"). I think the other foreshadowing was in "The Fires of Pompeii".

Ves'Ka Gan
06-02-2008, 09:14 AM
I am under the impression that David Tennant is on for at least one more season, although the rumor is it will be a mini-season to give the actors a chance to pursue other interests (filiming is 9 months a year).

If that's right, then we have this season and at least 5 more eps from the next one. I can't imagine that they would actually KILL the Doctor off, maybe this particular incarnation, but not totally. Besides by Time Lord law, or science or whathaveyou, doesn't he have 2 or 3 more lives anyway?

Woofer
06-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I am under the impression that David Tennant is on for at least one more season, although the rumor is it will be a mini-season to give the actors a chance to pursue other interests (filiming is 9 months a year).

If that's right, then we have this season and at least 5 more eps from the next one. I can't imagine that they would actually KILL the Doctor off, maybe this particular incarnation, but not totally. Besides by Time Lord law, or science or whathaveyou, doesn't he have 2 or 3 more lives anyway?

That's what I heard last season, making this the last real season.

razz
06-02-2008, 11:45 AM
part 3 this is my favorite part of theepisode:
YouTube - Doctor Who - Blink Part 3

razz
06-02-2008, 11:48 AM
And...part four:

YouTube - Doctor Who - Blink Part 4

Ves'Ka Gan
06-02-2008, 11:49 AM

Well, I sure hope it isn't! I am not sure who I would want to take the current Doctor's place, but I would ahte to see the show disappear completely.

razz
06-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Finally, five:
YouTube - Doctor Who - Blink Part 5

Woofer
06-02-2008, 01:01 PM

Well, I sure hope it isn't! I am not sure who I would want to take the current Doctor's place, but I would ahte to see the show disappear completely.

Oh I'm certain it's not the show's last season, but I think it probably is Tennant's. It's a shame. I really, really like his interpretation. He, the Doctor, should have at least 3 more lives. I'm not sure who I'd like to see as the next one, though.

razz
06-02-2008, 01:03 PM
all i know is that if this

http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/pics/African.jpg

shows up on any episode, i am DONE with the series.

Woofer
06-02-2008, 01:20 PM
all i know is that if this

http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/pics/African.jpg

shows up on any episode, i am DONE with the series.

:panic:

Although, now that I think about it, seeing him explode could be cool.

razz
06-02-2008, 01:21 PM
touche

razz
06-02-2008, 01:23 PM
though when you think about it, he'd make an effective doctor. when the monsters and evil doers see him, they'll die of brain hemorrhage. of course, the people he tries to protect would die too, so there's that.

Woofer
06-02-2008, 01:27 PM
though when you think about it, he'd make an effective doctor. when the monsters and evil doers see him, they'll die of brain hemorrhage. of course, the people he tries to protect would die too, so there's that.

I think that if I ponder him as - I can't say it - my brain will hemorrhage!

razz
06-02-2008, 01:28 PM
don't do it! the WORLD will implode!

Ves'Ka Gan
06-02-2008, 01:29 PM
I don't know if I can discuss Doctor Who and Michael.....grrrrk. aaarg. bleehk. Okay, no I can't. Can't talk about the two of them at the same time.

Although I would like to see the Doctor blow him up. I would enjoy that very much.

razz
06-02-2008, 01:32 PM
i can imagine it now...
"Good Lord! You just killed Micheal Jackson!"
"Sorry, I thought he was an Alien"
"He was here for my sons birthday"
"Well you're welcome then. Alonz-y!"
(later)
"I dub thee Sir Doctor of TARDIS!"

The Lady of Shadows
06-02-2008, 01:53 PM
you guys know he can hear you, right? :lol:

Ves'Ka Gan
06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
TheDoctor? Or Micheal...grrk...arrhhhggg. Nope...still can't talk about both of them at once.

Anyway, Turtlesong, who do you mean? (no pun intended).

The Lady of Shadows
06-03-2008, 03:48 PM
TheDoctor? Or Micheal...grrk...arrhhhggg. Nope...still can't talk about both of them at once.

Anyway, Turtlesong, who do you mean? (no pun intended).

they're out to get you
better leave while you can
don't want to be a boy
you want to be a man
you want to stay alive
better do what you can
so beat it, just beat
just beat it
beat it
beat it
beat it
no one wants to be defeated

somebody kill me now for knowing even part of those lyrics. :( :panic:

razz
06-03-2008, 03:50 PM
i will, as i am homicidal.
:shoot:
i changed my sig, turtle. what do you think?

The Lady of Shadows
06-03-2008, 05:15 PM
i think you are a loser for voting for the gas station. but then you knew that already. :couple:

and now it's time for something completely different:

michael jackson IS doctor who {mourning the loss of rose}

She's Out Of My Life
She's Out Of My Life
And I Don't Know Whether To Laugh Or Cry
I Don't Know Whether To Live Or Die
And It Cuts Like A Knife
She's Out Of My Life

It's Out Of My Hands
It's Out Of My Hands
To Think For Two Years She Was Here
And I Took Her For Granted I Was So Cavalier
Now The Way That It Stands
She's Out Of My Hands

So I've Learned That Love's Not Possession
And I've Learned That Love Won't Wait
Now I've Learned That Love Needs Expression
But I Learned Too Late

She's Out Of My Life
She's Out Of My Life
Damned Indecision And Cursed Pride
Kept My Love For Her Locked Deep Inside
And It Cuts Like A Knife
She's Out Of My Life

{moonwalks into the tardis and disappears, to we know not where}

razz
06-03-2008, 05:44 PM
you do not know how glad i am that i do not know any micheal jackson songs.

The Lady of Shadows
06-03-2008, 07:12 PM
i looked it up just for you.

now, back on topic. explain this whole multiple doctors thing to me. (in 25 words or less please. :lol:)

Woofer
06-04-2008, 03:15 AM
In spite of your vote for the Dixie Pig (:D ), I shall answer by pasting the following from the wiki on Doctor Who (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who):

As a Time Lord, the Doctor has the ability to regenerate his body when near death. Introduced into the storyline as a way of continuing the series when the writers were faced with the departure of lead actor William Hartnell in 1966, it has continued to be a major element of the series, allowing for the recasting of the lead actor when the need arises. The serial The Deadly Assassin established that a Time Lord can regenerate twelve times, for a total of thirteen incarnations (although at least one Time Lord, The Master, has managed to circumvent this). To date, the Doctor has gone through this process and its resulting after-effects on nine occasions, with each of his incarnations having his own quirks and abilities but otherwise sharing the memories and experience of the previous incarnations:

First Doctor, played by William Hartnell (1963–1966)
Second Doctor, played by Patrick Troughton (1966–1969)
Third Doctor, played by Jon Pertwee (1970–1974)
Fourth Doctor, played by Tom Baker (1974–1981)
Fifth Doctor, played by Peter Davison (1981–1984)
Sixth Doctor, played by Colin Baker (1984–1986)
Seventh Doctor, played by Sylvester McCoy (1987–1989, 1996)[42][43][44]
Eighth Doctor, played by Paul McGann (1996)
Ninth Doctor, played by Christopher Eccleston (2005)
Tenth Doctor, played by David Tennant (2005–present)
Other actors have also played the Doctor, though rarely more than once (see the list of actors who have played the Doctor).

Despite these shifts in personality, the Doctor remains an intensely curious and highly moral adventurer who would rather solve problems with his wits than by using violence.

razz
06-04-2008, 05:53 AM
though tennant does kill and threaten people

"I Swear, if i see ONE more gun today..."

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 10:52 AM
woofer - - - :huglove: (although i'm pretty sure that was more than 25 words) and what else would i vote for? you forget the presence of a (stone) turtle.

razz - - - so that's why you like tennant :)

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 11:35 AM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/doctorwho-blink.jpg

razz
06-04-2008, 11:40 AM
somehow i didn't think your face was that long

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 12:18 PM
just don't blink smartass. :)

razz
06-04-2008, 12:22 PM
:scared:"Who blinks? I'm too scared to blink":scared:
crap. this smilie blinks.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I do like Tennant because of the slightly homicidal side to him. When we met Eccleston he was just coming off seeing his world destroyed, he was dark, but more in a sad way.

Tennant came in as a more "fun", "light hearted" Doctor, but when you cross him, or any of the humans he has grown to care about, he becomes near maniacal. God help any body who crosses Tennant's Doctor.

razz
06-04-2008, 12:47 PM
and with that comment i post this. skip to near the end if you don't want to see the fun, but crappy fight scene.

YouTube - Doctor Who Vs. Sycorax Leader

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 01:13 PM
yeah, okay. i'll give you that. "i'm that sort of a man"

oh, and that hand growy thing is pretty cool, too. :)

razz
06-04-2008, 01:14 PM
i saw that and laughed my head off. shame they usually don't show christmas specials Stateside.

Woofer
06-04-2008, 04:35 PM
woofer - - - :huglove: (although i'm pretty sure that was more than 25 words) and what else would i vote for? you forget the presence of a (stone) turtle.

razz - - - so that's why you like tennant :)

GAH! You caught me. It was more than 25, but it did sum up the Time Lord life cycle neatly.

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 04:44 PM
but why can he regenerate when he's near death? and how did he get the ability? did all time lords have it or just him - the doctor?

(and did you notice my use of the past tense there? see, i know his world was destroyed and that he's the last time lord. aren't you proud of me?)

Woofer
06-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Yes! Very proud. You will love the doctor, yet!

As for regeneration, it's a property of the Time Lord race which enables them to live for centuries. I'm not sure how they developed the ability, though. They don't even have to be near death; they can do it at will. It's considered genetic reshuffling. It's actually pretty cool.

razz
06-04-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure, but i think Timelords can live a tremendous amount of time without regenerationg. The Master Aged the Doctor 1000 years. so they can probably live about that long before regenerating.

The Lady of Shadows
06-04-2008, 08:11 PM
but isn't that master guy still alive or something. isn't he the only time lord that beat the system?

Ves'Ka Gan
06-04-2008, 08:17 PM
i saw that and laughed my head off. shame they usually don't show christmas specials Stateside.

I thought that they did? At the beginning of the season, just not at Christmas.

My love went back to London to visit family for Christmas so I got the Christmas special as a speccial little gift from him. (& a lot of cool not found in the US type Doctor Stuff).

The Master is supposedly the only other Time Lord in existence. As when we met the new incarnations of the Doctor, he thought he was the ONLY one left..., But yes, he did "beat the system" in order to gain extra regenerations...however, Classic DW has us believing he was dead once and for all, and obviously not the case.

In retrospect with turtlesong getting all this other info I guess the spoiler wasn't a spoiler, but I'm keeping it marked anyway....

razz
06-05-2008, 11:28 AM
they did show voyage of the Damned. but that's the only one i know of.
apparently the Master may return yet again. something about his ring.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 03:00 PM
I am pretty sure I watched the Christmas Special that introduced Donna on Sci-Fi channel at the start of the last season. I know this only because I remember HATING her character 7 being very upset they were bringing her back, long before I got the series 3 DVD set...as for any prior to that, it was before my introduction to the Doctor, so I couldn't say.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
they did show voyage of the Damned. but that's the only one i know of.
apparently the Master may return yet again. something about his ring.

I think you are VERY right. In the classic series when he was "killed" "once and for all" his essence or soul or what-have-you was actually contained in something (can't remember what now) so it is VERY possible that his essence was contained in the ring. Also they insinuate heavily that the Master's wife, who were are led to believe is reformed, is the one to pick it up after his body is burned...me thinks it was all part of his plan...

Woofer
06-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I am pretty sure I watched the Christmas Special that introduced Donna on Sci-Fi channel at the start of the last season. I know this only because I remember HATING her character 7 being very upset they were bringing her back, long before I got the series 3 DVD set...as for any prior to that, it was before my introduction to the Doctor, so I couldn't say.

You're right about the Christmas special airing before the Martha Jones as companion season. I was hoping that she would not be the next companion. Glad she's changed a little for this season.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I think I would have screamed until my eyes exploded if she was still as annoying this time around as she was in Runaway Bride!

razz
06-05-2008, 05:42 PM
seeing as this is my fav. episode, i feel it is a public service announcement to inform you that the episode "Blink " will air friday morning at 5 on scifi.
i would watch it if i had the brain power to wake up earlier than six.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 05:46 PM
I think I'll just put the DVD in....

razz
06-05-2008, 05:48 PM
I think I'll just put the DVD in....i hate you so much.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-05-2008, 09:39 PM
There's a thin line between love & hate,Razz...

and an even thinner one between jealousy and hate.

razz
06-06-2008, 11:53 AM
my mind works different. jealousy and hate are basically the same.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Anyone see tonight's episode?? Fantastic!

razz
06-06-2008, 06:19 PM
i have it on my upstairs computer. es ist wunderbar!

Ves'Ka Gan
06-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I just spent the evening 'catching up' on this season. Having way too much fun picking out the Rosesightings, but at least I'll know what's going on next week.

razz
06-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm wondering if they'll bring Rose back for a special? if this is indeed the last season for Tennant, it will probably be then.

Ves'Ka Gan
06-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I smell an awesome season finale coming on...and the UK youtubers are putting a lot out there to make me think I am right (of course one of them said she "came back" in an ep I just watched & they were referring to one of the 2 second little sightings, so who knows?).

Ves'Ka Gan
06-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Just watched "Blink", Razz. Made me think of you..haha. Love the new sig by the way.

razz
06-15-2008, 10:05 PM
thnx ves.

The Doctor quotes Lion King

YouTube - The Doctor quotes the Lion King

The Lady of Shadows
06-15-2008, 10:10 PM
:rofl:

razz
06-16-2008, 11:46 AM
ARE YOU A WEREWOLF?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/s2_02gallery/1024/doctor_claw_colour.jpg
The Doctor recommends a brisk jog.

razz
06-17-2008, 11:54 AM
YouTube - Doctor Who - Love And Monsters (5 of 5)
watch this. there is a Quote 6 minutes and 2 seconds in. watch it. watch it or die

Ves'Ka Gan
06-18-2008, 09:55 PM
I mentioned this in the Gilead thread, I always like to see the moments that Davies and Moffat pay homage to the other sci-fi/fantasy things that they like.

Although I think my all time favorite Doctor quote is when he is flipping out and all of a sudden stops and says 'Why is there an apple in my dressing gown?'

Just thinking about it makes me giggle.

Darkthoughts
06-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Watched Turn Left this evening. Bear in mind, I haven't watched Dr Who since Peter Davison was the Doctor, so I had to wing it as far as the plot went...but bloody good stuff!

The acting was a bit shite in parts...well, dunno, Catherine Tate was awesome but some people were a bit wooden - then again that could be the script and not them, because I watched Torchwood once and found that the same. Its got a real 1980's bbc drama feel to it, but all the same I was quite riveted and now I have to watch it next week.

Apart from anything else, I've gotta support Miss Piper - she went to my school (my sisters year, I'm older).
/name dropping :lol:

razz
06-21-2008, 02:46 PM
turn left turn left... i don't think I've seen that one yet.

Darkthoughts
06-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Im in the UK - it was tonights episode with...a special guest ;)

razz
06-21-2008, 02:50 PM
next week is the sequel to Silence in the Library :cry: i hate that we're behind

Darkthoughts
06-21-2008, 02:51 PM
How behind are you, as in the number of eps?

razz
06-21-2008, 02:53 PM
at least 2 maybe four

Darkthoughts
06-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Bummer!

Well, this was my first ep in years - i don't think I'll go back and catch up, but I'll definately watch next week :thumbsup:

razz
06-21-2008, 02:58 PM
and th DT-Dw fan cult grows Muahahahahaha!!!

razz
07-06-2008, 07:29 PM
this is one of the times i hate America. stupid independence? why did we have to toss that damn tea? then we could ALL be British, drink tea, have horribly odd teeth, and watch doctor who on a july fourth, or on schedule

huey520
07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Just watched season finale (sat 5th july). Cant believe how they got out of that one with ...., and then the thing with the......... and as for the ending!!!!! Ha ha only teasing, you are only a couple of weeks behind us brits, so not long to wait.
Have seen trailer for xmas 08 special, looking good and its not that long to xmas

Bev Vincent
07-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Check out my live journal for my thoughts on the last few episodes

Tvmorbid
07-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Hurry up and watch the final ep guys, there's some points I want to discuss! lol

Woofer
07-09-2008, 04:10 AM
ARE YOU A WEREWOLF?
{snipped for space}
The Doctor recommends a brisk jog.

Who told you?!

*clears throat* So, uhm, new episode Friday night. :excited: <---me I was semi-glad we didn't have one this past Friday because I do so love to watch the pretty sparklies in the sky. We don't have TiVo or DVR, so it would be old school VHS taping otherwise.

Ves'Ka Gan
07-09-2008, 03:56 PM
this is one of the times i hate America. stupid independence? why did we have to toss that damn tea? then we could ALL be British, drink tea, have horribly odd teeth, and watch doctor who on a july fourth, or on schedule
I for one prefer coffee to tea, although my londoner man has gotten me int oa little earl grey to relax with.

And he has great teeth--naturally. So there.

ANNND, he opted to become an American Citizen & give up his UK passport so there even more.

razz
07-09-2008, 04:04 PM
touche

razz
07-09-2008, 04:04 PM
in truth i'd prefer to be German

razz
07-10-2008, 06:12 AM
scifi on friday evenings. BBC america saturday at 6 and 7, with rerun of the episodes on sunday at 2 and 3. don't know about in the UK

obscurejude
07-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Razz has no shame. :cyclops:

Ves'Ka Gan
07-14-2008, 12:19 PM
I forgot to watch it on Friday, so I am waiting for a quiet hour to watch it on the computer...

razz
07-14-2008, 01:28 PM
there was a Chris Eccleston marathon on scifi today

Mist_on_the_Water
07-14-2008, 05:08 PM
i watched the finale 3 hours after it aired (in Britain?)

it was cruddy quality then but I did watch it, and then the next day again with way better quality..thank you Youtube!

it was fawking awesome too..AMAZING!...I'm a spazz..can't wait for the xmas specials!

~Major Doctor Who AND David Tennant fan
IR

Mist_on_the_Water
07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
btw razz love ur current siggy quote, but my fave from that episode is "This is my timey wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff. Also it can boil an eg at thirty paces...wether you want it to or not actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens...it's not pretty when they blow..."

and then he goes on to ramble about stuff to Billy and Martha informs him to simply nod when Doc takes a breath

razz
07-14-2008, 05:25 PM
yeah but i aready used that quote

Mist_on_the_Water
07-14-2008, 06:00 PM
dija? oh well.....there's another "stuff" one..i think..or u could use "Oh hey I'm the doctor i can save the universe using a kettle and some string, and look! I'm wearing a vegetable..." that cracks me up...

Mist_on_the_Water
07-14-2008, 06:01 PM
i just realized those are the 2 quotes in MY siggy! lol sorreh ><

huey520
07-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Have you guys caught up yet and seen the final episode yet??
Liked Bernard Cribbins' guest role as Donna's grandad in the last season. He played the Doctors assistant once before in the film Dalek Invasion Earth 2150AD in 1966. We've had K9 and Sarah Jane Smith making returns, now they should bring back 'Bessie' the Doctors car. Any suggestions for other characters or aliens to make a return?

Bev Vincent
07-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I think the Doctor should have taken Donna's grandfather out for a spin in the TARDIS. No one would appreciate it more. He was a great character. Maybe the Doctor could go in for a geriatric companion?

razz
07-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Have you guys caught up yet and seen the final episode yet??
Liked Bernard Cribbins' guest role as Donna's grandad in the last season. He played the Doctors assistant once before in the film Dalek Invasion Earth 2150AD in 1966. We've had K9 and Sarah Jane Smith making returns, now they should bring back 'Bessie' the Doctors car. Any suggestions for other characters or aliens to make a return?
was he that cop?

huey520
07-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Yes he was the cop who ended up in the TARDIS by accident.

razz
07-15-2008, 01:37 PM
yeah that was a good movie. kinda funny too. I was wondering. i haven't seen earlier serials,but in the movie, the Doctor refers to himself, saying "hello, i'm Doctor Who". did he/they say that in all earlier serials?

Mist_on_the_Water
07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
lol I loved Donna's Grandfather...the end was so wonderful! I cried both happy and sad tears during that...there's rumors that it was the biggest finale in DW history as far as major events and firsts go....

razz
07-15-2008, 06:48 PM
i missed most of "the poison sky". didn't he make an "Empty child" reference? and can i safely assume Donna's Granpere didn't die?

huey520
07-16-2008, 10:01 AM
yeah that was a good movie. kinda funny too. I was wondering. i haven't seen earlier serials,but in the movie, the Doctor refers to himself, saying "hello, i'm Doctor Who". did he/they say that in all earlier serials?
Dont know if the Doctor says that in any of the earlier series, i'm getting old and the memory aint what it used to be. ha ha

Ves'Ka Gan
07-16-2008, 08:16 PM
i missed most of "the poison sky". didn't he make an "Empty child" reference? and can i safely assume Donna's Granpere didn't die?

Yes, he did, and no he didn't.

They are all wearing gasmasks and the Doctor looks at (can't remember who) and says "Are you my mummy?" and the person gets angry and tells him to be serious.

Donna's grampa makes it out okay in the end.

Woofer
07-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Part 1 of the season finale just aired and http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif :rock: except for the impending regeneration. I like David Tennant as the doctor. I don't want a new doctor! http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/cry.gif

I'm so excited. I can't wait for the second half! http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/CafinatedWolf.gif

Woofer
07-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Part 1 of the season finale just aired and http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif :rock: except for the impending regeneration. I like David Tennant as the doctor. I don't want a new doctor! http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/cry.gif

I'm so excited. I can't wait for the second half! http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/CafinatedWolf.gif

Is there really going to be...
a new doctor? I like this one!

Well... if he dies, he'll regenerate and with regeneration there's a rearranging of cells. Thus, the new form will not look like the old (pretty convenient for changing lead actors). David Tennant said he was leaving after this season, so I suspect it's for real. Also, this season there've been 5 or 6 hints that he would be dying soon. I hope not, too, as I also like Tennant as the Doctor.

So there you go.

razz
07-26-2008, 05:44 AM
don't worry. tennant's signed for another season. Donna's leaving tho. can't wait for the second half. i heard there will actually be TWO tennant's in the next episode. can someone tell me how they can give some British nerd 100 bucks, and they create tis kickass season finale, but hollywood can't make a hlfway decent film on a 100,000,000 dollar budget?

Woofer
07-26-2008, 09:05 AM
OMG I am soooo happy. So does that mean that they're leading up to Rose returning as the doctor's companion? I guess this would explain the weirdness with the scenes from next week and Donna appearing to undergo the regen process (and also the many references to her being special in the universe). I haven't looked up info this season because I didn't want to spoiler myself, so I am clueless to these new developments, such as Tennant staying on for another seaseon. That makes me a very happy Woofer - at least as far as Doctor Who goes.

Bev Vincent
07-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Rose isn't returning, for reasons you'll discover in the finale. There's been no word yet on who will be the new companion. I'd vote for either Donna's grandfather (!!) or Sally Sparrow from the epsiode Blink. Of course, there's always River Song (from the library series) and the doctor's daughter.

Brainslinger
07-26-2008, 09:47 AM
You guys seen the second half yet? (I saw it a couple of weeks back, but I live in England.)

I mostly liked it, but the bit with the tardis towing the earth home was rather cheesy. Also, interesting but sad twist with what happened to Donna.

And yes Tennant is back. He'll be focussing on Hamlet next year though, so there won't be a full series, but there will be a few specials.
The Cybermen are back for the Christmas episode. I've also heard that the doctor's daughter will be back from one of the specials, but that might just be rumor.

Then Steven Moffat takes over from Russell T Davies (which I think it is a good thing as his episodes tend to be rather good. Not that Davies did a bad job, in fact he did a fine job in bringing Who back. I'm not all that keen on his plot-lines though, although his character writing is good.)

Apologies if this has been mentioned already earlier in the thread. I haven't been to this thread for a while, and I didn't read it all the way through.

Oh, and as for the Doctor referring to himself as 'Doctor Who', I haven't seen all that many of the earlier series and films (I wasn't much of a fan of Who as a kid, although I like the new series.) However, I don't think he did refer to himself by that name outside the films, but I could be wrong. 'Who' isn't his name, it's more a question, as in, 'Who is he?'

educatedlady
07-26-2008, 11:20 AM
You guys seen the second half yet? (I saw it a couple of weeks back, but I live in England.)

I mostly liked it, but the bit with the tardis towing the earth home was rather cheesy. Also, interesting but sad twist with what happened to Donna.
'

I saw the second half and I agree about everything you say in your spoiler. I loved both halves. I wish I didn't have to wait so long to see something new though.

razz
07-26-2008, 11:25 AM
how many people did he actually give his name to? so far as i know, just one, and that was that lady who sacrificed herself in "silence in the library" and the sequel.

huey520
07-26-2008, 11:49 AM
can someone tell me how they can give some British nerd 100 bucks, and they create tis kickass season finale, but hollywood can't make a hlfway decent film on a 100,000,000 dollar budget?

Er is that because Britain RULES!! For a small island we don't do bad (sound of own trumpet being blown!!) ha ha

huey520
07-26-2008, 11:50 AM
can someone tell me how they can give some British nerd 100 bucks, and they create tis kickass season finale, but hollywood can't make a hlfway decent film on a 100,000,000 dollar budget?

Er is that because Britain RULES!! For a small island we don't do bad (sound of own trumpet being blown!!) ha ha

razz
07-26-2008, 01:01 PM
seriously. hollywood should move to Hull, or london, or Dolphin...er, Wales. or some other british city

razz
07-26-2008, 01:11 PM
then what do they do there?

razz
07-26-2008, 06:12 PM
touche'

razz
07-26-2008, 06:19 PM
mo there were reruns that they play in a 3 week loop.
fear her. army of ghosts. the impossible planet. satan pit. the second part of army of ghosts.

razz
07-28-2008, 06:06 AM
but they took Clom-who would want Clom? it's the twin planet of Raxacoricofallapatorius you know.

Ves'Ka Gan
07-30-2008, 01:51 PM
I caved & watched the finale in full.

It was aweeeesome.

I agree that Stephen Moffat has done some really amazing episodes, so I am excited to see where that leads.

And actually, I watched an interview where they said in no uncertain terms that his name is NOT 'Who' he is The Doctor. And that is all.

razz
07-31-2008, 06:57 AM
actually Tennant is the first Doctor who has not had his name on the credits as playing
"Doctor Who", he insisted on having been called "The Doctor" in the credits.

Woofer
08-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Finale = http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/jawdropper.gif and http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/greywolftail.gif and http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/headbanger.gif.

razz
08-02-2008, 05:14 AM
unfortunately i don't have any smileys like that to express my thoughts. i do have this http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sick/sick0013.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net) which doesn't fully explain my thought. but other than the fact that Donna became a Time Lord (seemed kinda bull-shit to me) it rocked.

razz
08-02-2008, 08:07 AM
not a clue. it will probably have to do with that lady from the library

razz
08-02-2008, 08:15 AM
silence in the library. you know. that one. with the Doctor. and companion. and the TARDIS. there was a sonic screwdriver. you know. that one. aliens too. on a planet.

razz
08-02-2008, 08:23 AM
try the internet, you can get everything on the internet!
now please excuse me my friend while i go listen to gaikenkai.
oh wait, this is the internet. i can listen and browse DT at the same time!
don't you love technology?

razz
08-02-2008, 08:37 AM
well we may have to go back to dial-up soon. we oly have one cable company up here. there their prices are just cruel. but people pay it, because they want it, and comcast is the only company.

razz
08-02-2008, 09:18 AM
they're probably Slitheen

razz
08-02-2008, 09:47 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/skins/Alabaster/images/Smilies/f_tardis.gif

educatedlady
08-11-2008, 11:08 AM
So, I've been re-watching all the episodes since Eccleston and I must say that even though I was always a fan I am becoming more of one all the time. so much so that I am trying to find a good artist to do a tattoo for me. :)

razz
08-11-2008, 11:11 AM
of what?Eccleston? TARDIS? dalek? :lol:

educatedlady
08-11-2008, 11:23 AM
TARDIS. My roommate wants me to get the TARDIS in the center and a dalek on one side and a cyberman on the other. :D

razz
08-11-2008, 11:26 AM
:rofl: nice

educatedlady
08-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Here are some fun quizzes for those that know the earlier Doctor episodes.

http://codebox.no-ip.net/controller?page=misc.QuizDrWhoMain

razz
08-23-2008, 02:35 PM
i am now in day 22 of Doctor who withdrawal. if not for the two episodes On BBamerica I would go crazy

educatedlady
08-23-2008, 03:13 PM
I have been re-watching the series online. I totally understand your withdrawal. And I'm without BBC America this week so I can't even tune in tonight for a quick fix. :(

razz
08-23-2008, 03:17 PM
><
oh. nasty.

Woofer
08-23-2008, 03:22 PM
No BBC America, either, but... I have your sigs and AVs to help. Plus, I have some Doctor Who sounds and pictures on my machine, and I visit BBC.com periodically. I wish they could go back and redo Eccleston's season with David Tennant as the doctor.

Purely as an experiment, of course. http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/wolfinsheepsclothing.gif

razz
08-23-2008, 03:23 PM
don't let turtlesong hear that. she keel you!

Woofer
08-23-2008, 03:28 PM
{covers turtlesong's ears}I love Eccelston in everything he's done. Except that. I *hides* I didn't really watch season one because of him, but the moment they announced Tennant... BAM!! I was back in Who-mode.{uncovers turtlesong's ears}

The Lady of Shadows
08-23-2008, 03:46 PM
No BBC America, either, but... I have your sigs and AVs to help. Plus, I have some Doctor Who sounds and pictures on my machine, and I visit BBC.com periodically. I wish they could go back and redo Eccleston's season with David Tennant as the doctor.

Purely as an experiment, of course. http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/wolfinsheepsclothing.gif

OH IT IS SO ON NOW!

razz
08-23-2008, 03:48 PM
told you so
*runsandhides*

Woofer
08-23-2008, 04:01 PM

OH IT IS SO ON NOW!

http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/cyborg3.gif

Careful. It works on turtles, too, but I don't want to shoot you. I'd rather save it for our mutual enemies. Like people who call LadyH names.

razz
08-23-2008, 04:46 PM
i second that.

The Lady of Shadows
08-23-2008, 04:59 PM
hurrumpf. mutual enemies. redo season one with tennant instead of eccleston and she talks to me about mutual enemies. we'll just see about this. maybe i'll just see what's in my arsenal. wolfs aren't the only ones around here with special powers and toys you know. . . .

::wanders off mumbling incoherently to self::

razz
08-23-2008, 05:05 PM
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/121/thedoctoruw6.gif

razz
08-30-2008, 04:54 AM
I KNOW WHO THE NEXT DOCTOR WILL BE!

well. not really, but Simon Pegg would make a damn interesting doctor.
:P

Ves'Ka Gan
08-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Ha! Simon Pegg would be really interesting as the Doctor.

educatedlady
08-31-2008, 07:12 PM
He would be really interesting. Especially since he was already a character before.

The Lady of Shadows
08-31-2008, 07:56 PM
now that i figured out who the fuck simon pegg is (with ves' help) i can chime in here. SIMON PEGG? from shaun of the dead? he has no gravitas. no depth. no . . . je ne sais quoi.

i don't think he could fill christopher eccleston's shoes. nor, gan forgive me for saying this, david tennant's. and since whoever replaces tennant will be the last doctor (if they keep to the number of regenerations theory) it should be someone fantastic. someone superb. someone with all the heart and soul the doctor needs and all the rage the doctor has but rarely lets out.

razz
09-01-2008, 06:44 AM
now that i figured out who the fuck simon pegg is (with ves' help) i can chime in here. SIMON PEGG? from shaun of the dead? he has no gravitas. no depth. no . . . je ne sais quoi.

i don't think he could fill christopher eccleston's shoes. nor, gan forgive me for saying this, david tennant's. and since whoever replaces tennant will be the last doctor (if they keep to the number of regenerations theory) it should be someone fantastic. someone superb. someone with all the heart and soul the doctor needs and all the rage the doctor has but rarely lets out.
and again, i say. Ecclestons got nothing on Tennant.
and i suppose yoru right though. but i doubt anybody will make a great doctor after tennant gets through.

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 10:21 AM
razzle dazzle, razzle dazzle, razzle dazzle.

oh, the arrogance of youth. :lol:

eccleston was tops. eccleston was the reason i started watching doctor who in the first place. how many tennant eps have i seen? five! not even seven (one of my two ultimate numbers). maybe only four since i watched blink on youtube and don't know if it was a one part or a two part ep. :unsure:

tennant is becoming more likeable. and i grieved for him at the season finale but puhleeze. eccleston was tops! :P

razz
09-01-2008, 10:23 AM
oh please! the guy didn't even LIKE doctor who!

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 11:33 AM
and your point? that doesn't mean he didn't play an excellent role!

Woofer
09-01-2008, 12:14 PM
and your point? that doesn't mean he didn't play an excellent role!

But he didn't... He kept one loyal Doctor Who fan from watching and another only watched occasionally.

Bev Vincent
10-30-2008, 02:19 AM
David Tennant quits as Doctor Who (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm)

David Tennant is to stand down as Doctor Who, after becoming one of the most popular Time Lords in the history of the BBC science fiction show.

Tennant stepped into the Tardis in 2005, and will leave the role after four special episodes are broadcast next year.

He made the announcement after winning the outstanding drama performance prize at the National Television Awards.

"When Doctor Who returns in 2010 it won't be with me," he said.

"Now don't make me cry," he added. "I love this part, and I love this show so much that if I don't take a deep breath and move on now I never will, and you'll be wheeling me out of the Tardis in my bath chair."

There's a video interview with him at the link. It's a real trip to hear his natural speaking voice -- the thick Scottish accent! --bv

Woofer
10-30-2008, 03:51 AM
AIEEEEEEH! :panic: >< :panic:

I knew this, but I was hoping he'd change his mind.

turtlex
10-30-2008, 05:44 AM
Just Read This and Thought of you all : Guess it's official now.

LONDON – Britain's best-known time traveler is ending his journey.

The BBC has announced that Scottish actor David Tennant will leave long-running science fiction series "Doctor Who" in just over a year.

Tennant has played the show's time- and space-traveling alien hero since 2005. He will appear in a Christmas special and four hour-long episodes to be aired in 2009 and early 2010. But he said Wednesday that when the series returns for a full season in 2010, "it won't be with me."

"This show has been so special to me," Tennant said. "I don't want to outstay my welcome."

"Doctor Who" was first broadcast in 1963 and is one of the BBC's longest-running and most popular programs. Tennant is the 10th actor to play the title character, who has the power to regenerate in a new body.

Classically trained Tennant, 37, is currently starring in Shakespeare's "Hamlet" for the Royal Shakespeare Company.

The Lady of Shadows
10-30-2008, 10:54 AM
oh my god, razz is going to fucking kill himself. or tennant. or somebody.

::runs from thread to hide::

turtlex
11-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Hey Doctor Who Fans -

You all probably know this already, but tonight on BBC America, following the Doctor Who premier, there is a special Graham Norton Doctor Who special. Looks to be pretty funny. It's 10:30pm Eastern.

educatedlady
11-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Damn. I wish I still got BBCAmerica. :(

Ves'Ka Gan
12-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Omg. Omg.

Will Ferrell is a time lord...or he stole someone's TARDIS. Omg.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3114/third-date-with-will-ferrell-from-will-ferrell

Unfound One
12-19-2008, 01:33 AM
I have a problem.

Thanks to all of the people on here who talk about Doctor Who all the time, I thought I'd check it out.
So I did, and hey, just my luck - Netflix had the whole first season online to view instantly.
So I watched it. In two days.
And I like it a whole fucking lot.

But now what the fuck am I going to do?!?!? I have to wait until at least Tuesday or Wednesday to watch any of season two since I actually have to order them instead of watching them online. Shit shit shit. :panic:

Also, I want to read this thread. But I won't. Because I don't want to fuck anything up.
Okay. See you soon. :D

The Lady of Shadows
12-19-2008, 02:08 AM
but wait. before you go. what did you think of christopher eccelston? :D

razz
12-19-2008, 02:54 AM
I have a problem.

Thanks to all of the people on here who talk about Doctor Who all the time, I thought I'd check it out.
So I did, and hey, just my luck - Netflix had the whole first season online to view instantly.

But now what the fuck am I going to do?!?!? I have to wait until at least Tuesday or Wednesday to watch any of season two since I actually have to order them instead of watching them online. Shit shit shit. :panic:

Also, I want to read this thread. But I won't. Because I don't want to fuck anything up.
Yeah the guy in the next season is SO much better :P

The Lady of Shadows
12-19-2008, 03:02 AM
I have a problem.

BLASPHEMER! :shoot:

:P

Woofer
12-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Omg. Omg.

Will Ferrell is a time lord...or he stole someone's TARDIS. Omg.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3114/third-date-with-will-ferrell-from-will-ferrell

ROFL! I just watched that. Thank you so much, Ves. That was just the thing to kick off my Friday. :thumbsup:

Woofer
12-19-2008, 05:02 AM
I have a problem.

Mmmmm. David Tennant. Mmmmmm.

The Lady of Shadows
12-19-2008, 05:05 AM
et tu woofer?

:(

Unfound One
12-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Turtle - I fucking love Christopher Eccleston! He was, well, fantastic!
I'm not sure how I feel about David yet. Granted I've only seen him for a brief moment (New Teeth. That's weird. :lol:) and I'm sure I'll like him in time, but for now I'm just wierded out by the fact that Chris is no longer around.

We shall see. :)

The Lady of Shadows
12-19-2008, 10:12 AM
SJ i felt the exact same way!!!!!!! only i stopped watching completely i was so upset. i've only seen four tennant eps, and those only because razzle convinced me to watch them. tennant kind of grows on you a little - you know, like a mold. :lol:

Unfound One
12-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Hahaha like a mold.

I don't think I can stop watching completely though... I really love the whole concept of the show.
But I certainly love Christopher. A whole lot. And I'm gonna miss him.

Bev Vincent
12-23-2008, 10:13 AM
trailer for 2008 Christmas special

razz
12-23-2008, 10:24 AM
:clap:
wait it's over?!
:cry:

flaggwalkstheline
12-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm only vaguely familiar with doctor who, ive seen a little of one of the old series, some new and torchwood (that is connected right?)
do they sell doctor who on dvd? an if so where does one unfamiliar with it start?

razz
12-23-2008, 01:13 PM
unless you want ot go back to the waaaaay beginning (like 1920 or something), start with Doctor Who Series One
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0009AK57Y.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

then series Two
http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/DoctorWhoS2.jpg

and continue from there.

flaggwalkstheline
12-23-2008, 01:15 PM
ok cool
wait 1920?! is that how long its been going?
I thought it started in the 60s around the same time as star trek, is that the first series?

Unfound One
12-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Yup, it's on DVD. The first four (new) seasons anyway.

Razz - you were right! I like David Tennant better. He's just so fuckin' quirky and hilarious! And brilliant. But duh.
I watched the first ten episodes of season two last night. :cyclops:

razz
12-23-2008, 01:23 PM
w00t! another for the tennant side!
:rock:

educatedlady
12-23-2008, 02:16 PM
I loved Chris as the Doctor but David is just so....BRILLIANT.

razz
12-23-2008, 05:02 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff144/pitneypunisher/headbang_21500.gif

razz
12-23-2008, 05:03 PM
I realize that we are all so fucking DEAD when Turtlesong gets back, but until then.
http://ui32.gamespot.com/479/702headbanginstick_4.gif

Unfound One
12-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Ha! We're definitely in trouble.
But it's so worth it. :evil:

Unfound One
12-24-2008, 04:30 AM
Double post, sorry, but...

I just finished Series 2 and I don't even know what to do.
Yes, I'll admit it, I cried.
My goodness I'm glad I waited until a break to start this.
I would be getting nothing done if I was in school right now.
I want to start Series 3 but it's 6:30am and I still have Christmas shopping to do tomorrow!
:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

razz
12-24-2008, 05:00 AM
to do tomorrow? isn't tomorrow Christmas?

Unfound One
12-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Ha, by tomorrow I meant when I wake up tomorrow.
Which would technically be today.
I was still on your yesterday since I hadn't gone to sleep yet.
Heh. Did that confuse you enough?
:cyclops:

razz
12-24-2008, 12:50 PM
indeed you did.

Unfound One
12-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Good. :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
12-24-2008, 03:23 PM
so SJ, let's talk about your appalling abandonment of christopher eccelston, shall we? :lol:

razz
12-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Run SJ run!

Unfound One
12-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Can't we all just get along? :evil:

ETA: Wow. Donna yells a lot.

razz
12-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Who's Donna?

oh. her.

Darkthoughts
12-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Didja see the Christmas special yet? It was really cool!!!

razz
12-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Nope, apparently, there's no scheduled time for a stateside broadcasting :cry:
so I'll have to find it somewhere online :cry:
:cry::cry:but it won't be the same!:cry::cry:

Darkthoughts
12-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Awww, that's crap! :(

Unfound One
12-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Whoa.
I fucking love series three so far!
I was hugging a pillow throughout the end of 42 - intense. Shit.
Human Nature and The Family of Blood were brilliant!
It was damn cool to see The Doctor as a "human" for a bit. Crazy.

I'm about to start Blink. I've heard nothing but rave reviews so I'm very excited. :D

razz
12-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Blink?
best.
episode.
EVER!!!!!!!

Unfound One
12-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh my GOD I'm loving it so far.
I finally know where all those damn timey-wimey quotes come from!

And they're GREAT!
I fucking love this show. Goddammit.

Unfound One
12-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Blink?
best.
episode.
EVER!!!!!!!

DITTO THAT.
ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY.
I'll never look at a statue the same again.
Shudder.

Unfound One
12-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Hi. I'm posting in this thread. Again. For the third time in a row.
I found something funny on Youtube. Enjoy. :D
(you can ignore after about 1:50, but it's good until then)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZXTrh68gw

Pears. I hate pears.

razz
12-29-2008, 09:09 AM
um....riiiight.
:wtf:

The Lady of Shadows
12-29-2008, 01:27 PM
SJ - :wtf:

razzle - so, did you know that the doctor wears chucks? :P

Unfound One
12-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Look! Another video!
It's kinda sorta Doctor Who, but more just really fuckin' funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB1gB6K-2A

Please forgive me, I might be in this thread for awhile now.

educatedlady
12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
SJ- I love seeing your enthusiasm for the Doctor. :)

The Lady of Shadows
12-30-2008, 01:40 PM
that.
was.
FUCKING.
AWESOME.

razz
12-30-2008, 01:51 PM
:clap:

Unfound One
12-30-2008, 01:52 PM
I know, right? :lol:
I kinda hate Donna so far (I've only seen her in the Christmas Special, so I can't actually make a judgment call yet) but Catherine Tate is brilliant in that sketch. Oh lord.

razz
12-30-2008, 01:54 PM
yeah nobody likes Donna :shoot:

Unfound One
12-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Well goddamn it I have to wait until Netflix ships me series 4 since it's not on their watch instantly to decide if I like Donna or not.

Honestly, why would they tease me with the first three series and then make me wait for the mail to watch four? AHH! :panic:

Unfound One
01-02-2009, 02:15 PM
THEY'RE ANNOUNCING THE NEW DOCTOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

:excited: :panic: :excited: :panic: :excited: :panic: :excited:

New Doctor Who to be announced tomorrow

After months of furious speculation over who will replace David Tennant as the new Doctor Who, the BBC is set to reveal all tomorrow.

And in a remarkable bit of chutzpah - and confidence that the name will not leak before 5.35pm on Saturday, January 3 - the new doctor will be unveiled during a BBC1 Doctor Who Confidential special that will also be simulcast on the corporation's big outdoor screens in city centres around the country.

The Beeb is set to air an interview with the new timelord in a show, called Doctor Who Confidential - The Eleventh Doctor.

According to a post on the Doctor Who Online forum on New Year's Eve, Davison said that the new doctor would be announced at the end of the show tomorrow, although "it is not someone you will have heard of", he is reported to have said.

Whole article here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgrinder/2009/jan/02/new-doctor-who).

razz
01-02-2009, 02:29 PM
:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Unfound One
01-02-2009, 02:49 PM
AHH I know!

I just finished episode nine (or ten? The Silent Library ones, both of them) in series 4.
Who the hell was the archaeologist who knew the Doc?!?!? I'm so fucking curious now!

I will finish series 4 tonight, even if it takes me four hours to load the episodes on some shitty download site.

Darkthoughts
01-02-2009, 03:24 PM
yeah nobody likes Donna :shoot:

What?! I really liked her! :(

Although, that's more to do with Catherine Tate really impressing me after only knowing her as a comedy sketch artist (which is what she's most well known for over here.)

Unfound One
01-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I've decided I like her a lot as well. That might be because she's not enamored with the doctor like everybody else is. Sheesh.

Lisa - I envy you because you can watch the announcement live tomorrow. Even if you don't, you can.

Darkthoughts
01-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I will, if only to lord it over Razz :evil:

:lol: Not really, my sister is responsible for getting me back into Dr Who - I watched it religiously when Tom Baker was the Dr :cool:

The Lady of Shadows
01-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I will, if only to lord it over Razz :evil:

:lol: Not really, my sister is responsible for getting me back into Dr Who - I watched it religiously when Tom Baker was the Dr :cool:

:lol:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/smilies/coffee_spray-1.gif

razz
01-02-2009, 04:25 PM
you do realize i have a photon cannon right? i can hit you from here.

The Lady of Shadows
01-02-2009, 05:42 PM
that's okay. i'm safe. the doctor will save me. :wub:

Brice
01-02-2009, 05:52 PM
I think razz would just faint if he saw our floor to ceiling bookcase filled with Dr. Who videos/DVDs. :dance:

Can't use a photon cannon if you're not conscious.

The Lady of Shadows
01-02-2009, 06:53 PM
:lol:

okay, i was wrong. brice will save me. :wub:

razz
01-02-2009, 06:56 PM
sure i can
cuz i don't need to be conscious for a pre set launch sequence. in fact, my heart rate monitor activates the launch if I'm unconscious. :P

Brice
01-02-2009, 06:58 PM
It's a good thing I have my TARDIS! :P

Unfound One
01-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I love this thread and the people in it.

Brice
01-02-2009, 07:01 PM
:grouphug:

Unfound One
01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I just finished series four.

I don't even know what to say.

Bev Vincent
01-03-2009, 09:31 AM
I think Donna's dad (gramps?) would make a great companion. Donna? Well, I wasn't sorry to see her go, to be honest.

Unfound One
01-03-2009, 09:38 AM
I've been reading all sorts of speculation opinions and I guess the BBC said that tonight will the actor playing the role will be giving "his or her initial reaction to being the new, 11th incarnation of one of television's most loved characters," implying that it could be a woman!
That'd be interesting... Not sure how I feel about that...

razz
01-03-2009, 09:55 AM
i find the thought of the doctor regenerating to t woman rather creepy.

Brice
01-03-2009, 09:56 AM
It can be told now. Your next doctor is Sarah Palin. :lol:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-03-2009, 09:59 AM
The eleventh Doctor is.....

Matt Smith

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Dr. Who Matt Smith

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thestage.co.uk/images/pics/12104.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thestage.co.uk/features/feature.php/12104/matt-smith&h=218&w=230&sz=9&tbnid=jTyq1foZoZ19bM::&tbnh=102&tbnw=108&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmatt%2Bsmith&hl=en&usg=__h6SKUiwnFV5Mjp7KaiNvgL1nTYU=&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=4&ct=image&cd=1

Darkthoughts
01-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Ah cool! Cheers, I missed the special as Rob's watching the Liverpool game :rolleyes:

razz
01-03-2009, 10:51 AM
well no matter who won it, I'd be unhappy with the results. Matt Smith better keep up the awesomeness Tennant brought to the series.

Unfound One
01-03-2009, 11:00 AM
He looks... emo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01215/pdrwho3_1215574c.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01215/newdrwho_1215575c.jpg

razz
01-03-2009, 11:09 AM
omg Doctor who is dead.
He's gonna cut his wrists and cry after killing a dalek.

Unfound One
01-03-2009, 11:15 AM
:lol: Wait wait wait...
Don't give up hope yet.
He seems a bit uppity in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zog-6SrGxE0

educatedlady
01-03-2009, 11:23 AM
I really wanted the new doctor to be Paterson Joseph. Matt better bring his A game.

razz
01-03-2009, 11:29 AM
I bet he can make his hair do that flippy thing, like that guy in that band.
There are people at my school that look older than him.
fuck, I look older than him.