PDA

View Full Version : Screaming for a love bite

Jon
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Metal heads...what is the best metal scream that you know of?

My vote is tied between the scream in "Number of the Beast" and "The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner." Both by Iron Maiden.

blackrose22
05-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Off the top of head I'm going with Udo Dirkschneider from Accept with the scream at the start of Fast As A Shark from their Restless And Wild album.

Jon
05-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Accept ROCKS!! Thats why I chose one of their lyric snippets for the title of this thread.

blackrose22
05-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Love Accept and Metal Heart is a brilliant album. I can't believe I saw them live in Dublin over 22 years ago:o :cry: with Dokken in support.

Another singer thats good for a scream or three is Rob Halford of Judas Priest.

jayson
05-19-2008, 10:34 AM
My vote would go to Yamatsuka Eye of Naked City. his whole body of work with Naked City is full of some of the greatest screams and squeals you could ask for.

Jon
05-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Love Accept and Metal Heart is a brilliant album. I can't believe I saw them live in Dublin over 22 years ago:o :cry: with Dokken in support.

I am sooo jealous!!!!

blackrose22
05-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Both were fucking brilliant. Meet Dokken that day during a signing in a local record shop. They had their girlfriends with them. All LA, skin tight jeans (and I mean skin tight) and big tits (most likely silicone enhanced) and plastered in make up. Everybody in the shop was just drooling at them me included. It was an amazing day and the gig was just unreal. It was the first proper Heavy Metal gig I'd been to and couldn't get over the volume. It was deafening. Udo certainly did some screaming that night.
Another singer who has an amazing scream when he wants to is Ian Gillan from Deep Purple. Listen to the In Rock album and you hear what I'm on about.

Jon
05-24-2008, 06:17 AM
I have heard Halford!

In the early 80's I traded my AC/DC ticket for a Monsters of Rock ticket. I will never regret it!

blackrose22
05-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Jon I hope you got to see AC/DC sometime as they are one of most amazing live bands you will ever see. Saw them four times and fucking awesome each time. They've got a new album coming out later in the year:excited: so hopefully a world tour to follow. It could be the last time that they go out on the road as they are all getting on in life. Think Brian Johnson is nearly 60 now. Roll on new album and world tour (hopefully anyway).

Getting back to the point of the thread I can't believe nobody has mentioned Tom Araya from Slayer. His screams can give you nightmares :onfire: :panic:. Tom Arayas scream at the start of Angel of Death has to be one of the all time metal screams, AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ANGEL OF DEEAAAAATTTTHHHHH. Just put Reign In Blood on the stereo. Haven't listened to this in a long time. Fucking awesome, Heavy Metal at its very best:thumbsup: .