PDA

View Full Version : The Die Hard Thread

Matt
05-15-2007, 02:23 PM
I must say, I wasn't real impressed with the 2nd or the 3rd movie in this series but I have real high hopes for the 4th.

The previews may simply show every exctiting moment in the whole thing but the effects are amazing and I can't wait to see McClain back in action.

"I'm still and asshole, just your kind of asshole"

the only cop that could take Jack Baurer.

Letti
05-16-2007, 12:18 PM
I am in love with Bruce Willis so I don't mind who he acts I wanna see it. :wub:

Baradin
05-22-2007, 06:57 AM
I have very high hopes for this one too, tho I must admit that I am very leery. Especially since the movie starts the "I'm a Mac" dude..

Rjeso
05-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Dude, I love the Die Hard series. The second installment was kinda weak, but it was still okay. It's the first one that I can recite word-for-word along with the movie, though. McClane frickin' rules. So does Al, I hope they bring him back.

So, is this one in California then, or did he actually stay put from one movie to the next for once?

Jimmy
05-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Dude, I love the Die Hard series. The second installment was kinda weak, but it was still okay. It's the first one that I can recite word-for-word along with the movie, though. McClane frickin' rules. So does Al, I hope they bring him back.

So, is this one in California then, or did he actually stay put from one movie to the next for once?

According to IMDB, the shooting locations are as follows

20th Century Fox Studios - 10201 Pico Blvd., Century City, Los Angeles, California, USA
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Diamond Ranch High School, Pomona, California, USA
Imperial Highway, El Segundo, California, USA
Los Angeles County Fairgrounds - 1101 W. McKinley Avenue, Pomona, California, USA
Los Angeles International Airport - One World Way, Los Angeles, California, USA
Los Angeles, California, USA
Pasadena, California, USA
Redondo Beach, California, USA
Santa Clarita, California, USA
Washington, District of Columbia, USA

I'm thinking California primarily. But quotes from the movie suggest that McClane has to drive to New Jersey, so I'm thinking NYC plays a good sized part.

Did anyone know that Kevin Smith is in this?

Hannah
06-04-2007, 10:44 AM
I did not know that. Pretty cool.

"Mac" is also in it. I've been seeing that guy everywhere lately, and it's starting to creep me out.

Frunobulax
06-04-2007, 11:00 AM
I know where all those locations are--cooool.

Erin
06-04-2007, 08:42 PM
I did not know that. Pretty cool.

"Mac" is also in it. I've been seeing that guy everywhere lately, and it's starting to creep me out.

You know he was that guy in Jeepers Creepers who gets his body hollowed out by the Creeper guy? *shudder* I think his organless, shell of a body everytime I see one of those Mac commercials.

*edit* I forgot to add, I've never seen a Die Hard movie before.

Lance
06-06-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this one. I saw a commercial for it last night where Bruce Willis crashes a cop car into a helicopter. Now that's pretty damn cool.

fernandito
06-06-2007, 11:23 AM
The dialogue in the movie is one of the things that makes me not want to see it, it sounds cheesy and corny. That and the horrendous CGI scene where they're almost "crushed" by the car inside that tunnel...could it look any faker?

Matt
06-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Die Hard is like Star Wars to me, I'll see it no matter what. :lol:

Matt
06-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I take that back <_<

PG13?!?!? What the hell?

Randall Flagg
06-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Review (http://www.shadowsonthewall.co.uk/07/livefree.htm)

Matt
06-25-2007, 08:00 AM
That sounds like pretty much exactly what I expected. :lol:

Randall Flagg
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Saw it today and was very impressed
It's everything you would want and expect from a Die Hard movie.
I give it 6 beers on the Flagg Six Pack scale.

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8094/drakes6tf1.jpg

Matt
06-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow--that's a hell of a recommendation!!

I may actually pay to see it in theaters now.

VolsToTheWall
06-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Saw it earlier tonight. It was a great action flick. RF was spot on as usual with his assessment. It is simply a great action movie, and has plenty of thrills stuffed in there. It also has those great bits of humor that you would expect, and I felt that they were well placed. The movie exceeded my expectations going in and I already thought I was gonna have a good time from the reviews I had been reading. If you're lookin' for a fun night out, then go and see this. Lean back in your seat and enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

sarah
07-07-2007, 07:27 PM
saw it. laughed a lot. loved it.

She-Oy
07-08-2007, 02:10 PM
My dad wants to go see this. I don't think I've ever been to a movie with just my dad, but since we are both spouseless this weekend, I think I may indulge him...

Matt
07-18-2007, 08:40 AM
"how did you get yours out?"

**tug, tug**

:rofl:

I am not sure why that made me and Dora laugh so hard but we were crying in the theater

Matt
07-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Also, I really liked the fact that John McClain was back on his feet. In good with the force and all that.

Sorry, can't stop talking about it. :lol:

Letti
07-22-2007, 10:04 PM
I have seen the movie. It rocks. I have some favourite parts I will let you know later when I have time.

Matt
07-28-2007, 09:20 AM
**hopes Letti will return to finish her thoughts**

Matt
11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm bumping this because its out on DVD today :nana:

Very cool movie imo, we're watching it again tonight.

Jimmy
11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Wow, I expected nothing but slamming and bad reviews when I opened this thread (was also pleasantly surprised that I'd posted here before. I'm getting old and the mind is the first thing to go) but was once again surprised by the movie's favor.

I just may have to see it now.

Matt
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Its really good Jimmy. I considered it worth a full price ticket at the theater so I'm totally endorsing it for rental. :lol:

I also here there is an unrated version for sale. I may get my "yippe kiyay motherfucker" after all. :rock:

Darkthoughts
09-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Renamed for discussion of all Die Hard movies ;)