PDA

View Full Version : Live! From New York...

pathoftheturtle
05-03-2008, 11:55 PM
For many years, I've tried to watch SNL every week. I'm sure I don't have to tell anybody what a major institution the show is.

Well, this seemed like a good time to start a thread. Anything you've got to say about Saturday Night Live and what it's been over the decades, please contribute.

IMO, This season has been a run of fine episodes. Christopher Walken's latest hosting turn struck me as another great entry to the series. :lol: Seth Meyers has done quite well since joining Update. He is no Jimmy Fallon, but still so clever and charismatic in his way. Notice, though, that he hasn't done characters as a lead much for years? Good really; his old ones were pretty goofy, really, and they've got so many others now who do that well. I like the current cast a great deal. The pillar is good ole Darryl Hammond. The mainstay, of huge value for staging various skits.:clap: Fred Armisen has also been on the show for a few years, now; I've long been impressed with that guy's talent & with his thinking.:harrier: Then there's Will Forte, who is one of the guys who plays parts so funny, though a few of his recurring bits really ought to be put down.:rolleyes:

The number of funny ladies on now is another thing that's noteworthy. Relative newcomer Kristen Wiig has done some of the most memorable skits of the last couple years. I do miss some of the "graduates" though. Does anyone know where Rachel Dratch is now? It looked like she'd be a regular on "30 Rock" at first...<_<

Maya Rudolph also has great versitility in performance.

Neat to look at careers like David Spade's, a guy who has really hung tough and holds a clear niche in "Hollywood" culture, even if he's no mega-star. Insane that Adam Sandler is. In my book it is, anyway. What a clown! :)

So, yeah, I'm a fan of this TV series.:rock: Love to hear any thoughts by you folken.