PDA

View Full Version : 'The Solomon Key' - Dan Brown

Aesculapius
04-25-2008, 06:26 PM
I wonder if Mr. Brown will ever release this?

'The Solomon Key' is the working title of an unreleased novel currently in progress by Dan Brown, author of several conspiracy novels, most prominently 'Angels & Demons' and 'The Da Vinci Code'. According to current information, 'The Solomon Key' will be the third book involving Robert Langdon, the fictional Harvard University professor. The novel is expected to be released sometime in 2008.

It was announced recently that Dan Brown's new book, 'The Solomon Key', has been delayed, and will not be released until sometime in 2007.

Brown has dropped hints that his next book will be set in the U.S., and will involve Freemasons and Mormons.

An unnamed source close to Brown has indicated that the manuscript may be in for a major re-working, with some sections being rewritten to work recent real-life developments into the plotline. Not only are Freemasons and Mormons featured, but also fundamentalist Southern Baptists, a mysterious stranger who builds an unusual edifice in the rural south, an equally mysterious country boy from Kentucky with a bloodline stretching back to the Knights Templar. And, of course, the theme of the "Sacred Feminine" will run throughout.

A leaked set of notes we've not yet seen supposedly mentions the Georgia Guidestones and contains website printouts discussing the background of the mysterious R.C. Christian, who paid for the erection and engraving of the Guidestones. The message of the stones is decidedly "new age-ish," and many fundamentalist Christian groups want to see the stones demolished, calling them unholy.

http://sacredfems.blogspot.com/2006/05/have-dan-browns-secret-notes-for.html

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/guidestones.jpg

as well:
YouTube - Bloodline - the movie - trailer

Aesculapius
04-25-2008, 06:29 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/Wtc_and_sphere.jpg

turtlex
04-25-2008, 06:31 PM
I heard rumors that the book was complete and that the publishers were holding it up because DaVinci and A&D were still selling... not to mention that A&D will again hit the charts when the movie comes out. Dan Brown isn't exactly prolific, maybe he lets the publisher's decide?

Aesculapius
04-25-2008, 10:01 PM
The thing that makes me wonder is the mention of a time capsule that is to be placed six feet below a certain point at the Guidestones, a spot where I can only image Robert Langdon will find himself standing upon.

Aesculapius
04-25-2008, 10:42 PM
The original 7 World Trade Center was 47 stories tall, clad in red exterior masonry, and occupied a trapezoidal footprint. An elevated walkway connected the building to the World Trade Center plaza. The building was situated above a Consolidated Edison (Con Ed) power substation, which imposed unique structural design constraints. When the building opened in 1987, Silverstein had difficulties attracting tenants. In 1988, Salomon Brothers signed a long-term lease, and became the main tenants of the building. On September 11, 2001, the WTC7 was damaged by debris when the nearby North Tower of the WTC collapsed. Its structural integrity was further compromised by fires that burned throughout the afternoon and the building collapsed completely at 5:20 p.m. Investigators are currently trying to determine exactly how the combination of local structural damage and fire caused the collapse of the whole structure. A final report is expected in or after July 2008.

The new 7 World Trade Center construction began in 2002 and was completed in 2006. It is 52 stories tall and still situated above the aforementioned power substation.

Not always, but quite often, buildings are designed with a certain intent. Call it esoteric or just plain signature, but, particular ideals make their way into our work. It's natural, I think.

Aesculapius
04-26-2008, 04:43 PM
The WSJ has some promising news about The Solomon Key from Doubleday's Stephen Rubin:

Now, the publisher is hinting that a manuscript is close. "Dan Brown has a very specific release date for the publication of his new book, and when the book is published, his readers will see why," says Stephen Rubin, president of Bertelsmann's Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group, whose Doubleday imprint publishes Mr. Brown. Mr. Rubin declined further comment.

nice. :D

July 4th?

Brice
04-26-2008, 06:14 PM
The WSJ has some promising news about The Solomon Key from Doubleday's Stephen Rubin:

Now, the publisher is hinting that a manuscript is close. "Dan Brown has a very specific release date for the publication of his new book, and when the book is published, his readers will see why," says Stephen Rubin, president of Bertelsmann's Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group, whose Doubleday imprint publishes Mr. Brown. Mr. Rubin declined further comment.

July 4th?

Do you have a mathematical/numerological/symbolic reason for suggesting that date Will?

ladysai
04-26-2008, 06:37 PM
[quote]

July 4th?

Do you have a mathematical/numerological/symbolic reason for suggesting that date Will?

Good question, Brice!

This book sounds supercool. I hope Will's right about the publication date. :)

Brice
04-26-2008, 06:46 PM
[quote]

July 4th?

Good question, Brice!

This book sounds supercool. I hope Will's right about the publication date. :)

Why? Is there a signifcance I'm missing? I've never read Dan Brown.

ladysai
04-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I have no idea what significance July 4th might have to Dan Brown or his upcoming book, but I suspect that Will does. ;)
I just like the sound of July 4th for a publication date, 'cause that ain't far off. :D

Brice
04-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Ah, I see.

Yeah, knowing Will I'd be willing to bet my pay for the year that it wasn't just some random date he was throwing out. :lol:

She-Oy
04-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Ah, I see.

Yeah, knowing Will I'd be willing to bet my pay for the year that it wasn't just some random date he was throwing out. :lol:

:lol:

That made me laugh, Brice. As random as Will always SEEMS, it never is so. I wish for random somedays, but to him nothing is.

Brice
04-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh, I absolutely know it. Actually, I suspect he's incapable of randomness. To his mind...in my experience everything has order.

ladysai
04-26-2008, 08:25 PM
I suspect Will has random down to a science.

Aesculapius
04-26-2008, 09:08 PM
A Tower, perhaps. :lol:

It is 52 stories tall and still situated above the aforementioned power substation.

the key:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/ed.jpg

Aesculapius
04-26-2008, 09:12 PM
YouTube - DoZo

ladysai
04-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Edison?

Brice
04-26-2008, 09:14 PM
but, why July 4th. I am still missing something.

ladysai
04-26-2008, 09:24 PM
If the video is somehow related to the conversation, then I am lost.
Weird video. Disturbingly entertaining.

Brice
04-26-2008, 09:25 PM
everything's related

Aesculapius
04-26-2008, 09:41 PM
If the video is somehow related to the conversation, then I am lost.
Weird video. Disturbingly entertaining.

Hiram Abiff, "a widow's son" from Tyre, skilful in the working of all kinds of metals, was employed to help build King Solomon's Temple.

The legend tells us that one day, whilst worshipping the Grand Architect of the Universe (GAOTU) within the Holy of Holies, Hiram was attacked by three ruffians, (called 'Jubela', 'Jubelo' & 'Jubelum' and known collectively as 'The Juwes') who demanded the "Master's word", that is, the secret name of God.

Aesculapius
04-26-2008, 09:52 PM
everything's related

Indeed. Which makes explaining this stuff in words nearly impossible.

Aesculapius
05-02-2008, 05:31 PM

July 4th?

Just something I heard...I'm guessing that no one wants to talk about it, though.

YouTube - 4th of July

Shower in the dark day
Clean sparks driving down
Cool in the waterway
Where the baptized drown
Naked in the cold sun
Breathing life like fire
Thought I was the only one
But that was just a lie

I heard it in the wind
And I saw it in the sky
And I thought it was the end