PDA

View Full Version : people are insane sometimes

IWasSentWest
04-21-2008, 01:59 PM
i dont know if yall have heard about the 18 year old who was building bombs to kill or seriously harm some of his fellow classmates at chesterfield high school, but if you have, that is the town right next to mine!

i dont understand this guy, he was ranked 2nd in his class, was on the academic bowl team, recognized by newberry college as a scholar, and was liked by alot of ppl.

but the cops said he hated the world, or so he wrote in his journal. i mean this guy ordered 10 lbs. of ammonium nitrate and was gonna blow up his classmates on the anniversary of columbine. thats some sick shit

he had maps of the school, over a years worth of planning, and if he would've used shrapnel with his bombs, could've killed dozens just with the bombs themselves.

i dont understand people sometimes. they showed him on cnn walking into the courtroom, and his eyes seemed to swell as he saw the cameras..like he didnt expect it to be this big a deal. wow

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351894,00.html

mia/susannah
04-21-2008, 03:47 PM
People are sick. and I don't understand why younguns go to these extremes. I hate the world for the most part but I don't want to blow anyone up because of it.

LadyHitchhiker
04-22-2008, 12:56 PM
I love this thread's title. Yes, people are insane sometimes... I wonder if people have always been this insane...

Daghain
04-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes. It's just because of the easy access to information that we all know about it now. :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
04-22-2008, 01:02 PM
:rofl:

Thank Gan I know that answer now!!

Matt
04-22-2008, 01:10 PM
I have to wonder how it feels as a parent to not only suspect your kid (because of the delivery) but then to also find the actual plan.

Time to check yourself I would imagine.

Patrick
04-22-2008, 01:52 PM
I have to wonder how it feels as a parent to not only suspect your kid (because of the delivery) but then to also find the actual plan.

Time to check yourself I would imagine.
Yeah, imagine how the Unabomber's brother felt turning him in.

ZoNeSeeK
04-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Havent you heard? Apparently, its all because of video games.

obscurejude
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm from Monroe, not far from there.

IWasSentWest
04-23-2008, 11:16 AM
yeh monroe is just a stonesthrow away from here...awesome

and yeh..its videogames i tell ya! i can understand a 10 yr. old putting the blame on video games but this guy was 18...so thats no excuse

Aesculapius
04-27-2008, 11:25 AM
What about this guy:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/04/27/austria.cellar/index.html

Anyone heard of the Medes?

The Medes were an ancient Iranian people who lived in the northwestern portions of present-day Iran, and roughly the areas of present day Kurdistan, Hamedan, Tehran, Azerbaijan, Esfahan and Zanjan. This area was known in Greek as Media or Medea (Μηδία, Old Persian Māda; adjective Median, antiquated also Medean). Under Assyrian rule, the Medes were known as Mādāyu. They entered this region with the first wave of Iranian tribes, in the late second millennium BC (the Bronze Age collapse).

alinda
04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
:nope: fubar!

jayson
04-27-2008, 12:20 PM
:nope: fubar!

i agree, that is pretty f'd up right there.

ladysai
04-27-2008, 12:34 PM
There's a special place in hell for that fella.

Daghain
04-27-2008, 05:28 PM
He needs to be castrated with a rusty butter knife. No anesthesia.

Ka-tet
04-28-2008, 04:46 AM
People are sick. and I don't understand why younguns go to these extremes. I hate the world for the most part but I don't want to blow anyone up because of it.

First of all Mia id like to point out that im not singling you out by this quote, not purposly anyway. And ive no quarrel with what your saying. Its just that somthing you said that caught my attention "People are sick"

Its to this topic that my quarrel is with, well its contents anyway. I mean yeah its sure that this guy is crazy. But isnt everyone? Isnt humanity within itsself sick? Sickening? There isnt even a point in picking out the really bad people like hitler and sadam hussain. I mean lets face it, the human mind is capale of thinking up things like rape murder and pedophillia.

So i think were all a little sick. Dont you?

Brice
04-28-2008, 04:58 AM

First of all Mia id like to point out that im not singling you out by this quote, not purposly anyway. And ive no quarrel with what your saying. Its just that somthing you said that caught my attention "People are sick"

Its to this topic that my quarrel is with, well its contents anyway. I mean yeah its sure that this guy is crazy. But isnt everyone? Isnt humanity within itsself sick? Sickening? There isnt even a point in picking out the really bad people like hitler and sadam hussain. I mean lets face it, the human mind is capale of thinking up things like rape murder and pedophillia.

While it's true that the human mind is capable of thinking of such things. I think it's fair to say we don't all do so, and even if we did a fair distinction can be made between those who have sick thoughts and those who act upon such thoughts.

Ka-tet
04-28-2008, 05:09 AM

While it's true that the human mind is capable of thinking of such things. I think it's fair to say we don't all do so, and even if we did a fair distinction can be made between those who have sick thoughts and those who act upon such thoughts.

That is true sai.

And dont think for an instant that i accuse anyone of anything. But i think everyone has sick thoughs somtimes, maby not to the extent of rape murder and the like, but i think we all have them. Even if we dont act upon them we still think them, and i think that makes us a little sick, dont you?

Brice
04-28-2008, 05:23 AM

That is true sai.

And dont think for an instant that i accuse anyone of anything. But i think everyone has sick thoughs somtimes, maby not to the extent of rape murder and the like, but i think we all have them. Even if we dont act upon them we still think them, and i think that makes us a little sick, dont you?

No, I really don't. They are only thoughts. We do not always control our thoughts. They often run free from us. Even if you do consciously think of such things they are harmless. It is usually no more than fantasy, and imagination.

ladysai
04-28-2008, 05:28 AM
There isnt even a point in picking out the really bad people like hitler and sadam hussain.
There certainly is a point in picking out the really bad ones.
True, we do all have the potential for evil deeds. Also true is that not all of us do these evil deeds, and that proves that we have the choice to do good rather than evil.
Pointing out the people who choose to do evil points out what horrible consequences come from evil deeds.

razz
04-28-2008, 03:58 PM
people are insane sometimesand proud of it!!!

Havent you heard? Apparently, its all because of video games.so was the fault of the guy who allegedly trained using Doom 3, and the Virginia Tech. shooting, and that incident involving Manhunt.
and none of them actually had any confirmed proof that they were an influence.

I would also like to point out that this is what happens when you put people together in a seemingly Democratic society, while it is actually illusionary totalitarianism. they make the people think they have a choice. when there is a list of rules and laws, there is no way to compensate for true reality, and the civilization breaks down. but the incidents may actually be beneficial. Civilizations are constantly teetering on the edge of chaos. without any form of chaos in the system, there will be no forward movement, and civilization will freeze, resulting eventually in a total breakdown of the system. when too much is introduced, the system falls over the edge of chaos, and is almost impossible to regain without outside interference (may i remind you that it's getting to the point where almost no countries want to touch the U.S.). this is why seemingly unintentional violence is not only beneficial, but necessary to a system. They keep the civilization balanced and healthy.

alinda
04-28-2008, 04:10 PM
:clap: Well said , again Ladysai I applaud your choice of wording:clap:

There isnt even a point in picking out the really bad people like hitler and sadam hussain.
True, we do all have the potential for evil deeds. Also true is that not all of us do these evil deeds, and that proves that we have the choice to do good rather than evil.
Pointing out the people who choose to do evil points out what horrible consequences come from evil deeds.

razz
04-28-2008, 04:20 PM
There isn't even a point in picking out the really bad people like hitler and Saddam Hussein.
i direct you to this board,
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=2744
,where we were discussing a book related to this.

razz
04-29-2008, 04:47 PM
in any case, when did this happen?

Ka-tet
04-30-2008, 02:11 AM

That is true sai.

No, I really don't. They are only thoughts. We do not always control our thoughts. They often run free from us. Even if you do consciously think of such things they are harmless. It is usually no more than fantasy, and imagination.

Touche brice, i feel our discussion has come to an end. Altough i do now back down from my belife. Maby somtime in the future ill be able to find a better way to word my opion, thankee for the discussion brice.

Ka-tet
04-30-2008, 02:15 AM

You misunderstand sai. I never once stated that all people are evil, not even that most are. The thought never even crossed my mind. Insanity and evil are after all different things.

I hope this has helped you understand the point i was trying to get across ladysai.

Brice
04-30-2008, 02:56 AM

That is true sai.

Touche brice, i feel our discussion has come to an end. Altough i do now back down from my belife. Maby somtime in the future ill be able to find a better way to word my opion, thankee for the discussion brice.

My pleasure! :)

You misunderstand sai. I never once stated that all people are evil, not even that most are. The thought never even crossed my mind. Insanity and evil are after all different things.

I hope this has helped you understand the point i was trying to get across ladysai.

I'm not sure she misunderstood you at all. You stated that there was no point in pointing out really bad people within society as a secondary point within your larger point of all of us being in some degree of insanity. She only countered your lesser point with the argument that singling out those who do commit truly wicked deeds demonstrates the consequences of such acts for the rest of society and/or those members of it who otherwise might commit such acts (if such consequences had not been in place) thus (hopefully/presumably) preventing some portion of the populace from acting upon any "insane" thoughts, if I understood her correctly.

ladysai
04-30-2008, 04:27 AM

I'm not sure she misunderstood you at all. You stated that there was no point in pointing out really bad people within society as a secondary point within your larger point of all of us being in some degree of insanity. She only countered your lesser point with the argument that singling out those who do commit truly wicked deeds demonstrates the consequences of such acts for the rest of society and/or those members of it who otherwise might commit such acts (if such consequences had not been in place) thus (hopefully/presumably) preventing some portion of the populace from acting upon any "insane" thoughts, if I understood her correctly.

Thank you, Brice. That was my point, exactly. :)

Brice
04-30-2008, 04:29 AM
:couple:

razz
04-30-2008, 05:58 AM
And ive no quarrel with...

gee, thanx. now i got monty python stuck in my head.
But seriously people, you have to look at things from more than a moral and emotional stand point, and even more than a criminal view. look at it in a sociologist view, a scientific view, a geographic view, and even a mathematical view.

Ka-tet
04-30-2008, 08:52 AM

Thank you, Brice. That was my point, exactly. :)

Then i cry pardon ladysai, it was i who misunderstood.

So what you suggest is that if we did have, lets call them unsable role models, like hitler and the rest of them, we still wouldnt have thoughts that are classed as insanity, even if you suggest that only some of the thoughts would not occour in some peoples minds. Im afraid i still disagree. Even if there arnt people that...how do i word this....show us the insanity? I belive it would still be there. After all, if none had pointed out the existance of...i dont know, a whale they wold still exist.

ladysai
04-30-2008, 10:02 AM
I suggest only that 'unstable role models' like Hussein and Hitler can stand as examples of bad actions.
There may be humans who have (have had) thoughts as horrible as any to come from the heads of the most unstable role model. They may be invisible because they have not ACTED on those thoughts.
I am trying to stress the huge difference between questionable thoughts and questionable acts...
I hope its working.

Ka-tet
05-06-2008, 01:35 AM
I suggest only that 'unstable role models' like Hussein and Hitler can stand as examples of bad actions.
There may be humans who have (have had) thoughts as horrible as any to come from the heads of the most unstable role model. They may be invisible because they have not ACTED on those thoughts.
I am trying to stress the huge difference between questionable thoughts and questionable acts...
I hope its working.

I understand the differance between thoughs and actions. And obviously hitler was much moreinsade than most of your average human beings. What im saying is that the possbility to harbour these thoughts still make us slightly insane.

Although because this discussion has carried on for so long it may be me who is understanding you sai, if this is so beg pardon.