PDA

View Full Version : The Terminator (Discussion for all films in the series)

Pages : [1] 2

fernandito
11-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I think I might have mentioned in another thread that television , for me, was reserved specifically for futbol games. I might have to take that back.

Fox is launching a spin off of the Terminator series next year, under the title The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The following is an excerpt that I copied+pasted from IGN.com

---------------------------------------
After the events of Terminator 2, Sarah and John Connor now find themselves fugitives from the law. The Sarah Connor Chronicles reveals what happens when Sarah stops running and goes on the offensive against an ever-evolving technological enemy bent on destroying her life, and perhaps the world. Her son, 15 year old John, knows that he may be the future savior of mankind, but is not yet ready to take on the mantle of leadership that he's told is his destiny. John finds himself inextricably drawn to Cameron, an enigmatic and otherworldly student at his high school, who soon proves to be much more than his confidante, as she assumes the role of Sarah and John's fearless protector. On their trail are not only threats from the future, but an intelligent and tough FBI agent, James Ellison, who soon becomes a powerful ally.

(Here's the link if you want to check out the full article: http://tv.ign.com/objects/850/850896.html)

------------------------------------
I'm a HUGE Terminator fan, and I can't wait (although I'll have to,sadly) for this show to air next year. Who else will follow the adventures of Sarah and John and their mechanical friend(s)?

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9084/term1ru1.jpg

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8674/term2xf5.jpg

sarajean
11-16-2007, 05:08 PM
aw, bless. you got the name right.

as much as i think this show will kick ass, FOX has a history of cancelling shows that have potential. we'll see if this makes it past the third week.

fernandito
11-16-2007, 09:55 PM
We'll see. Although Terminator is a very successful and popular movie series, so it has that to it's advantage.

sarajean
11-16-2007, 10:34 PM
that, and the writer's strike. they'll be desperate for scripted shows, come spring.

Odetta
11-17-2007, 11:51 AM
I personally, am leary...

Fall of Gilead
11-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Yep, definitely gonna give this a look-see.

OchrisO
11-17-2007, 09:19 PM
It will probably do ok if they don't stick it in the friday at 8pm or 9pm slots. Those slots almost always get cancelled.

sarah
11-18-2007, 09:21 AM
This show has my name written all over it. literally. :lol:

ZoNeSeeK
11-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Linda Hamilton is what makes Connor work though. Its like doing a series on Ripley and having someone else play her .. i dunno, Hamilton was fucking awesome in T2 and everyone in that movie nailed it so well I don't know if changing the cast would be worth it. It depends on how into the series mythology it gets I guess.

Storyslinger
11-19-2007, 07:10 AM
This has the potential to be really good

Mattrick
11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
What a redundant television show...considering we all know (if seen T-3) Connors fate and what becomes of John Connor.

I'd much rather see a television show that continues the story past Rise of the Machines, starting the War between man and machine.

ZoNeSeeK
11-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Then the humans fail .. and in the say 5th movie you see Neo being born :D

OchrisO
11-21-2007, 03:42 PM
What a redundant television show...considering we all know (if seen T-3) Connors fate and what becomes of John Connor.

I'd much rather see a television show that continues the story past Rise of the Machines, starting the War between man and machine.

I'm fully aware that Clark Kent becomes Superman, but I still enjoy Smallville. *shrug*

I think they are attempting to make this show in that sort of spirit.

Matt
11-21-2007, 03:59 PM
What I don't get is how it will go. Just Sarah acting crazy and shooting folks? Did she see another Terminator in the time between T2 and dying?

Or is this just her with guns?

Mattrick
11-21-2007, 06:54 PM

I'm fully aware that Clark Kent becomes Superman, but I still enjoy Smallville. *shrug*

I think they are attempting to make this show in that sort of spirit.

I'm not sure how much they can cover. Connor, while not super specific, gave a general 'this is what happened' summary in T3. I think the story between Terminator and T2 with Sarah Connor would be much more appropriate. Wasn't it also told that in Seventh (or was it eighth grade) when he left school (due to events In T2) and was in mexico for for awhile after that point?

As a huge fan of the franchise this seem incredibly lame. Also, Smallville completely different context than this. FYI, Superman becomes Clark Kent....

OchrisO
11-21-2007, 09:04 PM
No, Kal El becomes Clark Kent, then Clark Kent becomes Superman. He starts out as a Kryptonian, but not as a super hero. It is a mixture of his Kryptonian heritage and the human nature that is instilled in him by his parents that make him Superman, not just his being a Kryptonian and strengthened by the yellow sun.

Grillslinger
11-22-2007, 08:34 AM
T3 had really put me off....but thenit had a fantastic ending. I just read that in T4, John Connor will played by Christian Bale.

Okay then! I'm back in, and officially excited!

RUBE
11-22-2007, 10:24 AM
I loved T1 and T2 but could never bring myself to watch T3. I don't know why but maybe it was because I thought T2 had the right ending and any further movie would ruin that.

fernandito
11-22-2007, 10:35 AM
James Cameron has said himself that his Terminator story ended with T2, thus any movie made after that (including Terminator 3) can be strictly considered a spin-off and not necessarily another entry trying to tie itself in with the original storyline.

In regards to Bale appearing in the 4th Terminator film : Ain't It Cool News reports that none other than Batman himself, Christian Bale, has been cast as the heroic John Connor. Connor, mankind's hope for the future, was previously played by Edward Furlong and Nick Stahl. And although it initially believed that Bale had been cast as The Terminator, CHUD.com now reports, "Is it possible that Bale is not playing either John Connor OR the Terminator? I'm hearing buzz that he's playing a character who is new to the Terminator mythology."

LadyHitchhiker
11-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I just hope the writer's strike doesn't affect when this show will come out.

We need a lot more good sci-fi on tv and I am hysterically excited about this!

Mattrick
11-22-2007, 07:14 PM
I loved T1 and T2 but could never bring myself to watch T3. I don't know why but maybe it was because I thought T2 had the right ending and any further movie would ruin that.

I thought T3 was great. I felt it was, for the most part, in spirits with the original two and was entertaining. It had some wicked action sequences and I thought it had the best ending of the three of them. I also thought Nick Stahl did a wonderful job as John Connor.

fernandito
11-23-2007, 06:24 AM
I thought T3 was great. I felt it was, for the most part, in spirits with the original two and was entertaining. It had some wicked action sequences and I thought it had the best ending of the three of them. I also thought Nick Stahl did a wonderful job as John Connor.

I agree with everything stated here. :borg:

Odetta
11-23-2007, 07:25 AM
I really loved how T3 ended...

Matt
11-23-2007, 07:30 AM
I was cool with T3. I like the idea that it was going to happen no matter what they did. :lol:

Sarah's whole thing was..."no fate but what you make", T3 proved that as total bullshit

Odetta
11-23-2007, 07:33 AM
I am glad as I always hated that line.

fernandito
11-24-2007, 07:55 AM
I was cool with T3. I like the idea that it was going to happen no matter what they did. :lol:

Sarah's whole thing was..."no fate but what you make", T3 proved that as total bullshit

These are the two biggest problems that Terminator 'purists' had with T3. The very existence of T3 is a huge pimp slap to the face of T2, since it rendered all actions committed in the second movie useless ("Judgement Day is inevitable").

But, like I said, as long as you consider any post-T2 Terminator movie a spinoff, there shouldn't be a problem. :fairy:

Matt
11-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Same here O, I thought it was the cheesiest part of the entire second movie.

Steve
11-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Plus, it's got Summer Glau in it. She was great in Firefly.

John Blaze
12-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Super Glue is a person?

is she sticky?

No, i'm not stupid, except i'm tired and half drunk and that is what I read at first.

This looks awesome, but i completely disagree with the whole Nick Stahl being a good John Connor. No. but bale???? IDK, i'll wait to judge on that one.

Mattrick
12-28-2007, 12:41 AM

These are the two biggest problems that Terminator 'purists' had with T3. The very existence of T3 is a huge pimp slap to the face of T2, since it rendered all actions committed in the second movie useless ("Judgement Day is inevitable").

But, like I said, as long as you consider any post-T2 Terminator movie a spinoff, there shouldn't be a problem. :fairy:

The point of judgement day being inevitable is symbolic. That even changing history doesn't mean we won't just find ourselves along that same path anyways. Really, much like Reese being John's father, it was their actions that started the events that led up to it all.

You forget that just because The Connors thought they were stopping Judgement Day doesn't mean they actually did.

fernandito
12-28-2007, 09:48 AM
But it doesn't mean they didn't , either.

Dud-a-chum?
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Linda Hamilton is what makes Connor work though. Its like doing a series on Ripley and having someone else play her .. i dunno, Hamilton was fucking awesome in T2 and everyone in that movie nailed it so well I don't know if changing the cast would be worth it. It depends on how into the series mythology it gets I guess.

Not everyone. If I remember right, the kid in it was pretty horrible. Maybe even worse than Jake Lloyd. Oh, yeah, another kid though who may be worse than both of them is that guy from "Godsend", "Ultraviolet" and "X3". Makes me wonder why people keep picking him for roles when he's so bad.

Anyway, on to the series: I don't really like the T films anyway, so I probably won't have much of a say here, but . . . Terminator without Arnold? Are you kidding me? Why are they even doing this?

fernandito
01-13-2008, 04:02 PM
First episode airing tonight at 8!! :excited:

Ruthful
01-13-2008, 08:54 PM
I enjoyed it.

Don't think it quite lived up to the hype, but I guess I was spoiled by the first two original movies in The Terminator franchise.

Ruki
01-13-2008, 08:58 PM
fuck i missed it :angry: stupid

NeedfulKings
01-13-2008, 09:12 PM
It was good. A little corny in spots, but hey, they're cyborgs! :lol:

Ruki...I don't know if you can watch past shows on fox.com like you can with NBC and CBS. Mayhaps. :)

Ruthful
01-13-2008, 10:23 PM
fuck i missed it :angry: stupid

The second half of the season premiere is going to be broadcast tonight, IIRC, sometime between 8 P.M. and ten on the East Coast. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

ZoNeSeeK
01-13-2008, 10:25 PM

Not everyone. If I remember right, the kid in it was pretty horrible. Maybe even worse than Jake Lloyd. Oh, yeah, another kid though who may be worse than both of them is that guy from "Godsend", "Ultraviolet" and "X3". Makes me wonder why people keep picking him for roles when he's so bad.

Anyway, on to the series: I don't really like the T films anyway, so I probably won't have much of a say here, but . . . Terminator without Arnold? Are you kidding me? Why are they even doing this?

Wtf - the kid was Edward Furlong, he did the job he was sposed to do :)

Ruthful
01-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I didn't even realize that this is a spinoff of an earlier TV series.

When they did they start adapting The Terminator into a television drama?

ZoNeSeeK
01-13-2008, 10:39 PM
There was a first tv adaption? when?

Mattrick
01-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Gotta love the way Sarah Connor's hair just changes colour from the movies. "I'm Sarah Connor. Sophisicated, assassin cyborgs from the future are trying to kill me and have the technology to map my face and analyze my blood but I'll dye my hair to throw them off."

I only seen a bit of it and it wasn't enough to keep me watching. I've learned a lot over the years about watching FOX live action television shows: don't. Well, unless it's 24.

Odetta
01-14-2008, 07:20 AM
HERE'S an idea...

Why not make the Terminator trying to kill John Connor NOT look like even remotely like Arnie? Make him skinny, blond, younger... anything, not some frickin' half-breed Arnie Terminator. I kept looking at him thinking "he looks nothing like Arnie". If they had made him look completely different, I wouldn't have even thought about the movies.

Matt
01-14-2008, 08:12 AM
I watched it, didn't think it was great at all.

We're going back to the old terminators after the liquid bot in the 2nd movie, idiotic. <_<

Jonn Wolfe
01-14-2008, 08:14 AM
I liked it. I don't think Fox wanted to put up with LiquiTerminators.

Besides, it's more like the comics now.

Matt
01-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Hmmm...I guess so but I was still really disappointed by the whole thing.

John didn't give any indication he had been fighting Terminators in the time between 2 and 3 and this whole going to the future thing didn't sit with me too well.

sarah
01-14-2008, 08:22 AM
I watched it and liked it. I hope this gets a full season so we can see it come together a bit better. Fox has a reputation of pulling the plug after just a few episodes. I hope they hold onto this and let the show find its rhythm.

so all in all...good not great. I'll keep watching for awhile.

Jonn Wolfe
01-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Hmmm...I guess so but I was still really disappointed by the whole thing.

John didn't give any indication he had been fighting Terminators in the time between 2 and 3 and this whole going to the future thing didn't sit with me too well.

Well, they had to continue the story from T2. So it kinda made sense.And now there's a second Terminator carcass for people to reverse engineer.

Matt
01-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Hmmm...I thought the "weapon" obliterated the carcass at the end.

Jonn Wolfe
01-14-2008, 08:54 AM
It blew it apart. I don't think it was atomized though.

sarah
01-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I agree with Jonn Wolfe, I think it just blew it apart. I think they'll be able to pick out a couple of pieces to use and study.

Matt
01-14-2008, 09:33 AM
At any rate, its nice to have the one shot Terminator killer now :lol:

Did they have those in the future? Very helpful.

CPU
01-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I thought the pilot was OK, but I have a Summer Glau fetish so I'm probably biased :lol:

The escape to the future bit bugged me a little. How many freaking cyborgs are time-tripping? Is the time tech so buggy (and it apparently worked perfectly for the escape) that they can't get to the destination time they want? If it works as well as it did for them last night why the hell did an engineer need to travel to 1963 to build it into a bank? Also, I always thought that John Conner gained control of the time-travel equipment after he defeated Skynet - which would seem to indicate that Skynet would not be able to send any more Terminators into the past after that point. That being the case why wouldn't the protector units he sends back to protect himself just move him to a time that Skynet hadn't sent assasain unit to? And one more thing ( :P ), beyond the obvious of course, why is Kyle Reese the only human that was sent back?

I'll probably watch it again tonight though :lol:

fernandito
01-14-2008, 09:46 AM
We're going back to the old terminators after the liquid bot in the 2nd movie, idiotic. <_<

The T-1000 was only a prototype. Perhaps Skynet 'decided' to not go forward with mass production after it's failure to eliminate John Connor. It was also mentioned in the comics (which some consider to be canon) that there were two prototypes made: the one from T2, and one sent to infiltrate the human resistance...perhaps T4 will shed some light on this? :)

As for the show itself : I wasn't too impressed with the show, although it is only the first episode and we shouldn't be too hasty to bury this yet. Hopefully tonight's episode steps it up a notch.

CPU
01-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh, and one more thing :o :P..
If the future can't be changed (T3, etc) Skynet should have realized this and defeated the Conners by not sending the original Terminator back..

:rofl:

Odetta
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
but their defence grid was smashed... the humans had won (according to Reese in T1)
that was why they sent the Terminator back... because the humans had a major turnaround in the war.

(I am correct on this, aren't I? anyone?)

TerribleT
01-14-2008, 01:14 PM
but their defence grid was smashed... the humans had won (according to Reese in T1)
that was why they sent the Terminator back... because the humans had a major turnaround in the war.

Yes ma'am, you are. I didn't watch the series, I was kinda thinking about it until I saw the "I'll call shotgun, I'll call 9 mm" line. I thought that looked seriously cheesy. Arnold could have pulled that line off, but noone else could have.

Arthur Heath
01-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I just cant get past Summer Glau as a Terminator. She made a better autistic child in Firefly. This show was about as good as I expected to be and is as good as it's going to get...I wouldn't expect much.

Matt
01-14-2008, 01:24 PM

That is correct, but I believe the premise is that everytime they send someone (thing) back they change everything.

So the defense grid was smashed when Reese was there but it changes every time.

And I agree, the best thing those machines could have ever done was not send Arnie (and Reese by proxy) back in the first place. Obviously the John Connor that leads the resistance was not originally Reese's boy.

Fall of Gilead
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Dammit, I missed it.

fernandito
01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
The next episode is airing tonight at 8 p.m (Pacific time), Gile! If you're lucky they might have some sort of recap of the first episode.

Fall of Gilead
01-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Cool, I'll check that out!!

Dud-a-chum?
01-14-2008, 01:59 PM
. . . I only seen a bit of it and it wasn't enough to keep me watching. I've learned a lot over the years about watching FOX live action television shows: don't. Well, unless it's 24.

The fact that you aren't including "House" disturbs me . . .

Matt
01-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Same here <_<

sarah
01-14-2008, 03:49 PM
The next episode is airing tonight at 8 p.m (Pacific time), Gile! If you're lucky they might have some sort of recap of the first episode.

I have my DVR set. :)

Fall of Gilead
01-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Just caught the episode. It was pretty good, have to see more of it to tell if I really like it. I liked seeing the guy that played Bra'tac on Stargate.

One thing kinda bothered me though. Isn't it

a major paradox for Sarah to travel forward in time after her death?

Jon
01-15-2008, 02:08 AM
A new Dr. House and two hotties on Terminator!!

Wooo!

fernandito
01-15-2008, 05:10 AM
For some reason, even though there were a lot less set pieces in this second episode, I enjoyed it a lot more than the first.

sarah
01-15-2008, 07:53 AM
I liked the second episode just about as much as I liked the first. It isn't the best new show and it isn't the worst. I hope Fox (*crosses fingers*) can let this stay on the air for at least a season so T-TSCC can find its footing. I think this show has some real possibilities.

Matt
01-15-2008, 07:57 AM
It's freaking me out, I'm not sure what's up with it but I am afraid the last thing I need is "I was a teenage terminator" kind of thing with school and stuff.

Seems where they are taking it. :(

Jonn Wolfe
01-15-2008, 07:58 AM
I wonder what the FBI guy's going to do once he realizes that John hasn't aged a day in eight years.

[edit]

I don't think it's going to be Terminator in School. I think that's going to be a back setting that will change often as they run around the U.S.

Matt
01-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Seems like he would have noticed that right off. Especially at the age John is/was

Oh and poor Enriche...I love all the cameo's from the second movie. :lol:

Mike Beck
01-15-2008, 12:18 PM
enrique was the man in T2! and i don't know why, but i hate the actor that played him last night. i've seen him in a bunch of stuff, and for some reason i just hate his face. anyone else? :D

last night's was pretty good. i still don't know how i feel about the show yet. part of me is excited for new episodes though, so that's a good sign. but i'm just waiting for it to fall to pieces. i hope it doesn't.

Matt
01-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Was that not the exact same guy though Mike. I thought it was.

I remember the brief viewing of the man in T2 and I thought it was the same guy.

The black dudes wife and kid were the same for sure.

fernandito
01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
The kid might be the same, but I'm almost 100% certain that Enrique and Dyson's wife are played by different actors than the ones in T2.

Matt
01-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Oh no way man, Dyson's wife was the same woman I think.

However, I have been wrong about these things before :lol:

fernandito
01-15-2008, 12:37 PM
:lol:

He did it! Crazy son of a b*tch, he did it!

Matt
01-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah, nice! This is my chance to redeem myself.

Makes sense though right, throw a couple of bucks at the original actors to preserve the continuity of the show.

If Dyson's wife recongizes Sarah Connor, shouldn't we all too?

Mike Beck
01-15-2008, 12:42 PM
none of them are the same actors from T2. and feverish, the kid would have to be in his early twenties now. :lol:

but they did a good job of casting, because they still feel like those same characters.

Matt
01-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Well shit, fuck me with a wrench then. :lol:

Dang! That woman really looked like the original one. :(

Fall of Gilead
01-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Enrique was Tony Amendola, who had a recurring role in Stargate SG-1.

Matt
01-15-2008, 02:51 PM
They should have got him for this <_<

RUBE
01-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Apparently Summer Glau has been type-cast as "woman unable to communicate well with normal people but can kick your ass severely." I wonder how many other parts there will be for her with that description after this show ends?

Jonn Wolfe
01-15-2008, 08:49 PM
I have absolutely NO problem with Summer being a Terminator or Typecast.

She's dreeeeaaamy.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/709/fox203summercropti7.th.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fox203summercropti7.jpg)

Still Servant
01-15-2008, 09:27 PM
With that avatar I figured you would like Summer Glau.

Browncoats for life.

Jonn Wolfe
01-15-2008, 09:32 PM
With that avatar I figured you would like Summer Glau.

Browncoats for life.
REPRESENT!

Still Servant
01-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey, since we are talking about it, did you happen to buy the Serenity Graphic novel?

I haven't had the chance to pick one up just yet.

Jonn Wolfe
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Wow, I'm made of fail.
I didn't know they put one out.
Might get it when I have the cash.

Erin
01-15-2008, 09:52 PM
"I'm made of fail" :lol:

Jon
01-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Damn!! I missed last night's. Anyone know if it will rerun?

fernandito
01-16-2008, 05:50 AM
I don't think it will, Jon. Although if it's any consolation, they'll have a recap of the last episode before each new episode.

sarah
01-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Dyson's wife was played by S. Epatha Merkerson in T2. She was the cop on Law and Order forever.

I don't recognize the actress playing her in the T:tSCC

Matt
01-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I think I just wanted it so bad. Like that dude yelling "that son of a bitch did it"

Sometimes I visualize so well, it becomes spontaneous reality. :lol:

sarah
01-16-2008, 08:36 AM
:lol: Matt, you're a crack up.

Fall of Gilead
01-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I have absolutely NO problem with Summer being a Terminator or Typecast.

She's dreeeeaaamy.

*seconds that*

Jonn Wolfe
01-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Did a wallpaper of Summer last night.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/344/summerwall01iy0.th.jpg (http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=summerwall01iy0.jpg)

Still Servant
01-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Nice Summer wallpaper.

I will make it my next desktop background as soon as I get tired of Linda Harrison from Planet of the Apes, which could be a while because she's really hot.

towerguard
01-17-2008, 06:25 AM

You can watch them all on Fox's website, without commercials.

fernandito
01-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Oh snaps! That's right! :lol:

RUBE
01-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey, since we are talking about it, did you happen to buy the Serenity Graphic novel?

I haven't had the chance to pick one up just yet.

I have the Serenity graphic novel along with the special edition of the movie and the entire series on DVD. They are all shiny.

Oh, and I have nothing against Summer playing a similar character to River. It is fun to see her kicking ass and acting crazy but I just wonder what she would be like playing a different kind of role.

Still Servant
01-17-2008, 09:00 PM
I saw Summer Glau in an episode of CSI. She was pretty good.

Hey Rube, have you read the Serenity graphic novel yet?

Jon
01-18-2008, 01:09 AM

Thank you!

fernandito
01-31-2008, 05:36 AM

Yeah, right.:arg:

I saw the third [1/21/08] episode at Fox's website yesterday morning. I love how they're not just making this into a Terminator-Flavor-Of-The-Week and are actually expanding the mythos, although I always wonder if the insuing paradoxes will effect T4 in any way.

Hopefully this week's episode has been uploaded onto their site so that I can see some more Terminate-ee action! :onfire:

Mattrick
01-31-2008, 06:17 AM
I watched the pilot the other night...was not really impressed. Besides having a terminator going to kill John Connor but he has a protective terminator (omg again?). The essentially reused all the norms in the series and me and brother couldn't stop laughing about it. First episode and they were already throwing themselves through walls etc. It wasn't horrible but it just seemed to offer nothing new, except in low budget. I think I'll just come into this thread, learn the main facts (if it's relevant to say, T4) and skip the rest.

Does it get any better than the pilot?

towerguard
01-31-2008, 01:29 PM
I watched the pilot the other night...was not really impressed. Besides having a terminator going to kill John Connor but he has a protective terminator (omg again?). The essentially reused all the norms in the series and me and brother couldn't stop laughing about it. First episode and they were already throwing themselves through walls etc. It wasn't horrible but it just seemed to offer nothing new, except in low budget. I think I'll just come into this thread, learn the main facts (if it's relevant to say, T4) and skip the rest.

I like the pilot too... :doh:

fernandito
01-31-2008, 09:47 PM

Definitely. It's only a few episodes in and you can already sense the endless possibilities for character development and mythos expansion, beyond what they've established thus far. The visuals (CGI), while not flawless, are still impressive and the action set pieces are very entertaining. The show is still in it's early stages but it has shown great potential so far.

LadyHitchhiker
02-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Oh yeah it's worth watching... so far ;)

Matt
02-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I am personally not real high on it and don't plan to watch anymore. :(

LadyHitchhiker
02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Do you like Kyle XY though? (complete change of subject for the second)

fernandito
02-13-2008, 07:44 PM
I just saw this monday's episode at fox.com (still not commercial free!):

I really, really liked how they decided to inject another character into the mythology - Derek, Kyle's brother, an interesting addition to the series. One of the things that I didn't like is that Sarah Connor is constantly hassling John over letting himself be seen yet she accompanies one of Skynet's creators to a chess game (which, by the look of it, was very well attended), and then John just happens to wonder in?

LadyHitchhiker
02-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I totally agree!

Matt
02-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I haven't watched since the first episode...I hate how they destroyed the time line from the movies.

John Blaze
02-14-2008, 03:56 PM
just remember it's not cannon. Think of it as what could have happened in a different dimension. You'll be alright.

Matt
02-14-2008, 04:02 PM
That would normally work if I didn't consider the acting crap :lol:

fernandito
02-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Precisely. Anything post T2 should be considered non-canon/spin off, including T3 and T4.

John Blaze
02-14-2008, 07:05 PM
t4? what t4?

fernandito
02-15-2008, 06:55 AM
Eh, guey! No manches! Have you been living under a rock? :lol:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/839/839052p1.html

John Blaze
02-15-2008, 07:50 PM
guess I have. Thanks for the info.

ZoNeSeeK
02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah, T3 is spinoff but they really got those action sequences right I think, they are very good. It had enough good stuff in it to make it worthy - storyline seemed a little shaky, not sure how T4 is going to shape up with big question marks all over the place. Danes and Stahl are talented enough to be believable as the people capabale of building the resistance.

Watched half an episode of the Chronicles last night. Its a really good example of how to make a fucking terrible adaption. When the actors are as bad as the ones in Chronicles you can kind of figure out how much talent read the script, laughed, and wiped their ass with it. Best Worst Features? The twinkie terminator with her lispy, girlish voice and how Sarah Connor has managed to visit the salon for makeup and hilights before and after every scene. Whoever made this POS just didn't really get it at all.

KO1
02-19-2008, 09:55 PM
I thought most were pretty bad yeah

but i thought the one about a week ago was ok, missed last nights though

fernandito
02-23-2008, 12:41 PM
I absolutely loved this weeks episode.

For those who saw it : What do you think it was that Reese saw in the dark room with the creepy music?

sarah
03-04-2008, 07:54 AM
So did anyone watch the two hour season finale?

I thought it was pretty good. I mean as good as it could be for this show. I'm hoping next season they find a bit more footing. I hope they can find a smoother flow. Most first seasons have to make that adjustment. I'm hoping fox won't cancel before they have a chance to find it.

KO1
03-04-2008, 08:46 AM
The last three episodes of the season were leaps and bounds above the first few.

Last nights was very good in my opinion, though they do need to work on the pacing for the second season

devo133
03-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I haven't seen many episodes but last night's was pretty good. I gotta admit tho Cameron is a big reason why i'm watching :wub: lol. She was blowned up in the car though, I wonder how she comes back next season.

LadyHitchhiker
03-07-2008, 09:17 AM
I got goosebumps when Reese gave John his birthday present...

KO1
03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
one hell of a present

LadyHitchhiker
03-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Absolutely!!!!!

fernandito
03-16-2008, 05:26 AM
That was a genius addition on behalf of whoever wrote it.

Speculation time - What does everyone think was in that dark music room? And wasn't Cameron dancing along to that very same song?

Odetta
04-20-2008, 02:22 PM
OK, facilitators feel free to move this, but before you do, I wonder if anyone can explain something to me from Terminator 2...

Why is it that, at the end of the movie, the Terminator trying to kill John takes the shape of Sarah Connor BUT DIDN'T KILL HER???????

This has always bugged me!

Brainslinger
04-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I think it wanted to use her to get access to John.

If it wanted to reuse her after stabbing her shoulder and saying "Scream for me" (or whatever it was it said) you would have thought it would have trapped her somewhere though wouldn't you?

Yeah, I agree the explanation doesn't entirely work.

Good film though. Best in the trilogy I think. Curious how the new films will be. I'm liking the new series Sarah Connor Chronicles series though.

alinda
04-20-2008, 03:26 PM
It has always been my opinion that "hollywood" expects that the general
audience will be so awed with their genius film, that they wouldnt notice
any inconsistancy's in it. Your not supposed to think about the action film,
or note its lack of continuaty. (sp) Kick ass movie tho' !

sarah
04-20-2008, 04:06 PM
where in the world is Fever when you need him. He'll know.

mia/susannah
04-20-2008, 04:18 PM
I like the Terminator movies as well. Wish I could answer your question, Odetta, but I don't understand it myself

RUBE
04-20-2008, 04:38 PM
It is the same reason that Clint Eastwood can walk right down the middle of the road and shoot every hiding bad guy with getting hit himself. Duex Ex Machina trying to provide the happy ending.

fernandito
04-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Why is it that, at the end of the movie, the Terminator trying to kill John takes the shape of Sarah Connor BUT DIDN'T KILL HER???????

Good question, and one that's always bugged me as well...

The T-1000 made physical contact with Sarah prior to the movies climax (the Pescadero State Hospital scene , where it shanks her through the top of the elevator), however, it didnt really have an opportunity to shapeshift until the end of the movie. Perhaps the T-1000 wanted Sarah to call out to John because her voice would probably have sounded more urgent, prompting John to return at once, and once she did call out to him, it probably planned to kill her and 'take it's place'....only , it didn't get a chance to, right? Because good ole' Arnie came back and interrupted him by slicing him through the back with the metal schtick. After the T-1000 disposed of Arnie (or so he thought), it must have realized that it's mission was no longer in jeopardy because the T-800 was out of the picture (reroute-alternate power), and he had both John and Sarah cornered. I don't know if machines can get 'cocky', but it probably felt that it had all the time it needed to dispose of John first and then go after Sarah aftewards.

Hope this helps :)

Odetta
04-21-2008, 07:26 AM
hmmm... I suppose... but if the Terminator is supposed to terminate and it's taken every other opportunity to kill when it changes into the forms of every other human, logically, it should do the same to Sarah.

fernandito
04-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Like I mentioned in the post above , it didn't get a chance to. Perhaps it meant to kill her after her refusal to call out to John , but Arnie interrupted.

Matt
04-21-2008, 08:25 AM
I agree, and we watched this over the weekend. :lol:

Arnie interrupted the killing. I believe the T1000 was trying to use her and had just about enough when it happened.

Sarah, being the woman she is, too the opportunity to run when she had it.

His only option at that point was to imitate her and hope for the best. Also--if you watch the directors notes on the deluxe version, they said that the liquid hydro really screwed up the T100--badly.

They cut all kinds of scenes about how he wasn't quite himself in the end.

My biggest problem: Why the hell didn't they scatter those bits to the four winds when the T1000 was shattered? They had a pretty good bit of time and could have at least made him a bit shorter.

Also, I think the 3rd movie should have had something to do with the liquid metal they both melted in at the end. Another factory, another fuck up.

This is also interesting:

Main info
There are a lot of discussions about the parallels in timetravel, conversions of (normal) space and other explanations that have to do with paradoxes as shown in the movie. To much to think about... to many theories about 'what is right' and 'what is wrong'. Too 'brainboggling' we would say. For now we've included several timelines send in by fans from the official T3 forums, our own forum and several emails that have been send in. Soon this timeline should be resampled into a more pleasing and acurate representation of all possible timelines (to be announced).

ллл (http://www.terminatorfiles.com/saga_timeline.htm#top) | Timeline 1:

May 12, 1984
T-800 sent back to kill Sarah
Sarah is protected by Kyle Reese
Sarah becomes pregnant
A second T-800 arrives to kill the "fourth" Sarah Connor
Intercepted by another human from the future
Cited from:
- 'Terminator: One Shot'
February 28th, 1985
John Connor is born
1995-1997
Miles Dyson creates a neural net processor using the first Terminators CPU
Cyberdyne becomes the world largest supplier of military computers
Work on Skynet begins
August 4, 1997
Skynet goes online
It begins to learn at a geometric rate
August 29, 1997
Skynet becomes self aware
Innitiates nuclear war
Advanced model T-800 with upgraded cloned skin made to look like specific people are introduced
They can not be detected by dogs
Cited from:
- 'Terminator: Hunters and Killers'
Late 2029
Skynets defence grid is smashed
Both T-800s sent back
Prototype T-1000 also sent back to 1995
The Resistance sends a reprogrammed T-800 back to protect young John
ллл (http://www.terminatorfiles.com/saga_timeline.htm#top) | Timeline 2:

May 12, 1984
Sarah becomes pregnant
Cited from:
February 28th, 1985
John Connor is born
1985-1995
John and Sarah go into hiding
May 12, 1995
A T-1000 is sent back to kill John Connor
A T-800 protects him
The Terminator artifacts are destroyed
They also destroy Cyberdynes back-ups
May 13, 1995
Another 2 T-800s and a T-1000 are sent back
Trying to kill John and Sarah
Trying to ensure Skynets creation
They fail
An I-950 attempts to ensure Skynet's creation
Cited from:
- 'T2: Infiltrator'
2001 to March, 2003
2 more I-950s try and complete the work of the first
Skynet reaches sentience
Cited from:
- 'T2: Rising Storm'
Advanced model T-800 with upgraded cloned skin made to look like specific people are introduced
They can not be detected by dogs
Late 2029
All Terminators sent back in time from this point
Skynet rises again
2 T-800 are sent back to 1992
A third is sent to 2000
ллл (http://www.terminatorfiles.com/saga_timeline.htm#top) | Timeline 3:

May 12, 1984
Sarah becomes pregnant
Cited from:
February 28th, 1985
John Connor is born
2 Terminators show up in Death Valley, California
Cited from:
- 'Terminator: Death Valley'
1992-1995
Sarah tries to blow up a computer factory
She is arrested and John is placed in a foster home
May 12, 1995
A T-800 protects him
Sarah is broken out of prison
They do not destroy the back-ups
Sarah dies of Leukemia
John starts living "off the grid"
The Skynet project is taken over by CRS
>January 1st, 2000
Another T-800 attempts to kill John, and fails
Cited from:
- 'Terminator: The Dark Years'
July 24, 2004
Brewster turns Skynet on
Skynet starts the nuclear war
Somehow, John and Kate survive
All Terminators sent back in time from this point
Skynet rises again
Brainwashed humans are implemented by Skynet
Cited from:
- 'Terminator: The Dark Years'
An advanced T-X model is sent back to kill John lietenants
T-800 chassis gets another upgrade
Cited from:
- 'Terminator 3: Eyes of the Rise'
- 'Terminator' series, NOW comics
The Resistance is asked to capture a T-850 to protect John
They fail
Cited from:
- 'Terminator 3: Before the Rise'
July 4, 2032
John is assasinated by a T-850
It is captured and Kate reprograms it
October 18, 2033
The T-850 is sent back to 2004
ллл (http://www.terminatorfiles.com/saga_timeline.htm#top) | Timeline 4:

May 12, 1984
Sarah becomes pregnant
Cited from:
February 28th, 1985
John Connor is born
Cited from:
1992-1995
May 12, 1995
A T-800 protects him
Sarah dies of Leukemia
June 2004- July 2004
Danny Avila begins to hear voices from the Resitance in the future
Telling him to make Skynet blind to Continuum Transporter
He does
He and Linda are hunted by Scowl, a prototype T-800
They survive, but Danny is left amnesiac
Cited from:
- 'Terminator 3: Terminator Dreams'
July 24, 2004
A t-x attempts to kill John
T-850 sent to protect
Brewster turns Skynet on
John and kate survive in Crystal Peak
All Terminators sent back from this point
The Resistasnce sends the protectors using their Continuum Transporter
T-800 chassis gets another upgrade
Cited from:
- 'Terminator' series, NOW Comics
Skynet resorts to nukes again to wipe out humanity
Skynet ends up losing the war
A T-950 is sent to kill John in 2004
The Resistance sends back a second T-950 to protect him
Cited from:
- 'Terminator: The Burning Earth'
- 'Terminator 3: Fragmented'
ллл (http://www.terminatorfiles.com/saga_timeline.htm#top) | Timeline 5:

May 12, 1984
Sarah becomes pregnant
Cited from:
February 28th, 1985
John Connor is born
Cited from:
1992-1995
May 12, 1995
A T-800 protects him
They do not destroy the back-ups
Sarah dies of Leukemia
A T-950 arrives to kill John, but is damaged and actually starts to protect him
It eventually remembers its true mission
The second T-950 destroys it
Cited from:
- 'Terminator 3: Fragmented'
July 24, 2004
John and Kate manage to survive
The fate of the T-950, T-850, and T-X are unclear
All Terminators sent back from this point
A group of humans travel back to 1984 to prevent Skynets creation
Several Terminators follow them through
ллл (http://www.terminatorfiles.com/saga_timeline.htm#top) | Timeline 6:

May 12, 1984
Sarah becomes pregnant
Cited from:
Mid 1984- Early 1985
The group of humans are pursued by the Terminators and all but one is killed
Dudley, a half human-half Terminator sides with the humans
Dr. Hollister, the man who first directed Cyberdynes research, is killed
The Terminators are defeated
One Terminators remains are collected by the FBI
The remains, along with the agent, are destroyed by the humans
Cited from:
- 'Terminator: Tempest',
- 'Terminator: Secondary Objectives',
- 'Terminator: The Enemy Within', and
- 'Terminator: Endgame'
February 28th, 1985
John Connor is born
1985-2004
The Skynet project eventually is able to move on
But the machines rise happens much more slowly than before
As a result, humans start fighting back long before than previoulsy
The war never even reaches the South-West
Much of it is left standing
As John Connor leads his final assault, Skynent realizes something
The computer in Odessa Hospital, the place of John birth, is still intact
Skynet knows the time and place of its enemies birth
2 T-800s are dispatched back to 1984
A third is sent to Terminate him the day of his birth
Skynet falls
Reese is sent back to protect Sarah
ллл (http://www.terminatorfiles.com/saga_timeline.htm#top) | Timeline 7:

May 12, 1984
Sarah becomes pregnant, but because of the altered future, the way Reese conceives is different
Cited from:
Mid 1984- Early 1985
The group of humans are pursued by the Terminators and all but one is killed
Dudley, a half human-half Terminator sides with the humans
Dr. Hollister, the man who first directed Cyberdynes research, is killed
The Terminators are defeated
One Terminators remains are collected by the FBI
The remains, along with the agent, are destroyed by the humans
Cited from:
- 'Terminator: Tempest',
- 'Terminator: Secondary Objectives',
- 'Terminator: The Enemy Within', and
February 28th, 1985
The T-800 masacres his way to Odessa Hospital
The surviving human, Mary Randall, and Detective Sloane follow him
The Terminator dissapears as the future is changed again
Sarah gives birth to a girl, Jane Connor
Cited from:
Jane leads the Resistance to victory
Only the first 2 Terminators manage to go back
Skynet falls, forever

Odetta
04-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Like I mentioned in the post above , it didn't get a chance to. Perhaps it meant to kill her after her refusal to call out to John , but Arnie interrupted.

actually darlin', that's not quite what happens... he is telling her to call to John and the next time we see her we hear "Sarah" calling for help and he is Sarah... Sarah is nowhere to be found... John starts to come and then Sarah comes around the corner with the gun... starts shooting him and THEN Arnie comes.
:)

Matt
04-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Eeek!! Nope Odetta--Arnie attacks the T1000 while he has Sarah pinned.

Horrible fight ensues and she gets away.

fernandito
04-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Yup.

Odetta
04-21-2008, 12:09 PM
OK, so you're saying that he just leaves her there and then becomes her anyway in the scene I am talking about? We are talking about 2 different scenes, aren't we?

Matt
04-21-2008, 12:10 PM
I believe so Odetta. Once he's done beating the hell out of Arnie, he returns to the search.

The next time you see him, he is Sarah and she is behind him.

Odetta
04-21-2008, 12:12 PM
right... OK. I am understanding.
I think I was confused as to what you were saying because I was thinking of the next scene.

fernandito
04-21-2008, 12:15 PM
REWATCH!

:D

Matt
04-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Yep, but they are very close to eachother, like... one to the next.

And I don't believe the T1000 leaves Sarah there, I think she escapes while his back is turned kicking Arnie's ass.

I concentrated hard on the scene this last time I watched it and when Arnie hacks the T1000 in half with the bar (this is the same bar he used to rip his own arm off and is later used to pin him to the floor)--the T1000 withdraws his finger out of Sarah's shoulder so he can grab the bar and get it out of him.

Odetta
04-21-2008, 12:23 PM
yep... time for a rewatch

hey, that leads me to another question... wouldn't there be his other arm lying around somewhere then?

Matt
04-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I always thought the same exact thing. The certainly don't go back and get it to melt it with him.

And another thing, this one in relation to the third movie. John asks Arnie (the 3rd) about stuff that happened in the 2nd movie and he doesn't remember of course.

John then asks..."do you guys come off an assembly line?" to which Arnie answers "yes".

The future leader of the free world doesn't realize its not the same terminator, even after he melted the other one? Rough!

LadyHitchhiker
04-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Anyone else think that the Terminator timeline could fit into the Dark Tower timeline? Hear me out... all the old machinery they found? Maybe it was part of the Terminator infestation, and Andy is actually a reprogrammed Terminator... Oooooooooooooooooh... Maybe the Old Ones are actually just the people before the attacks. And the places where the slow mutants live are where the nuclear bombs were dropped by Skynet.

See I LOVE taking different stories and melding them together. :D

Girlystevedave
04-21-2008, 04:06 PM
And I'm sure Arnold could do a mean Come Commala dance

fernandito
04-21-2008, 04:07 PM
And another thing, this one in relation to the third movie. John asks Arnie (the 3rd) about stuff that happened in the 2nd movie and he doesn't remember of course.

John then asks..."do you guys come off an assembly line?" to which Arnie answers "yes".

The future leader of the free world doesn't realize its not the same terminator, even after he melted the other one? Rough!

But then again, the Terminator in T3 was not even supposed to exist at all, so I don't think John asking him that was too fartetched.

Matt
04-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Meaning...they were supposed to have stopped judgment day? That makes sense I guess but its still a machine right?

I mean, the kid knew something about computers. :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
04-21-2008, 04:21 PM
And I'm sure Arnold could do a mean Come Commala dance

Or he could be Nady??? :onfire:

fernandito
05-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Writer/Producer Josh Friedman talks about Season 2.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/871/871410p1.html

sarah
05-05-2008, 09:52 AM
great article. I'm super stoked for season two and am glad FOX didn't f it up by canceling. Let the series find its feet I say.

Girlystevedave
05-05-2008, 02:19 PM
WTF is a terminator anyway?

Matt
05-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Ummmm...only a killer robot from the future!! :panic:

fernandito
05-05-2008, 02:26 PM
great article. I'm super stoked for season two and am glad FOX didn't f it up by canceling. Let the series find its feet I say.

I hope it continues along the same line and that it doesnt turn into a Terminator-of-the-week type show.

WTF is a terminator anyway?

LadyHitchhiker
05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I hope that Cameron's personality develops more and that she finds more things she likes to do...

fernandito
05-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Sarah Connor Chronicles Coming
First season set due out in August.
by Stax

May 19, 2008 - Terminator – The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete First Season will be released on DVD and Blu-ray from Warner Home Video on August 19, 2008. Fans can own the three-disc set containing all nine one-hour episodes from season one just in time for the premiere of season two on FOX.

The DVD collection also includes amazing never-before-seen special features including a featurette with cast and crew, gag reel, commentaries, and "Terminated Scenes". The series stars Lena Headey, Summer Glau, Thomas Dekker, and Richard T. Jones and is priced to own at on DVD at $29.98 SRP, and $39.99 for Blu-ray.

Terminator – The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete First Season DVD Special Features Include:

– "Creating the Chronicles" featurette - an all-encompassing look at the production process involved with every aspect of bringing Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles to television.

– Commentaries - includes executive producers Josh Freidman & John Wirth, cast members Summer Glau & Thomas Dekker, and more.

– Terminated Scenes (i.e. deleted scenes)

– Gag Reel

– Cast Audition Tapes - includes Lena Headey, Thomas Dekker, and Richard T. Jones

– Storyboard Animatic - featuring the storyboard sequence of the school session where Cromartie attacks and John narrowly escapes

– Summer Glau Dance Rehearsal

– Extended Director's Cut of Episode The Demon Hand

EPISODES FEATURED:

– Pilot
– Gnothi Seauton
– The Turk
– Heavy Metal
– Queen's Gambit
– Dungeons and Dragons
– The Demon Hand
– Vick's Chip
– What He Beheld

LadyHitchhiker
05-31-2008, 10:36 AM
But we are getting more episodes, right?

fernandito
05-31-2008, 12:37 PM
If you mean a 2nd season, then yes! :D

Alright, speculation time - Why do you guys think that Cromartie spared the agent's life in that last episode? (The SWAT/Pool scene)

LadyHitchhiker
06-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Because he still works for the law and thought he was doing the right thing?

fernandito
07-13-2008, 12:03 PM
SDCC 08: Sarah Connor is Back in San Diego
The cast of the Terminator TV series is coming to Comic-Con.
by IGN TV

July 12, 2008 - One of IGN's favorite new shows of the past TV season, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is returning to the San Diego Comic-Con this summer. The entire cast will be in attendance, including new cast member Shirley Manson (lead singer for Garbage), along with Season 1 recurring cast members Brian Austin Green ("Derek Reese") and Garret Dillahunt ("Cromartie"), both of whom are now series regulars.

Check out all the details on the panel for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles below:

Saturday, July 26, 2008
11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Screening and Q&A – Back for a second year at Comic-Con, the producers and stars of this hit action-adventure drama will debut the trailer for season two and answer questions from fans during this one-hour session. Executive producers Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds), John Wirth (The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.) and James Middleton (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines) will be joined by returning series stars Lena Headey (300), Thomas Dekker (Heroes), Summer Glau (Serenity), Brian Austin Green (Beverly Hills, 90210) and Richard T. Jones (Event Horizon), as well as new series regulars Garret Dillahunt (No Country for Old Men) and musician Shirley Manson (Garbage). Produced by C2 Pictures in association with Warner Bros. Television, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles returns for a second season September 8 and airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on FOX. Room 6A.

fernandito
07-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Alright, with the OP's permission, I renamed this thread so that we can discuss all the movies in the series. Please note, this is thread is only for discussion of the films, the TV show 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles' has it's own thread here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1383).

So what does everyone think about Bale leading the human resistance in T4?

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7461/terminator4anu9.jpg

Matt
07-24-2008, 09:17 AM
I think its terrific!! I had not heard that.

I dare say he may make a better John Conner than Bruce Wayne :o

Tiffany
07-24-2008, 09:19 AM
I think it ain't a bad call at all. I was pretty excited while watching the trailer. I had no idea what it was, then I heard that music!

:excited:

fernandito
07-24-2008, 09:24 AM

That's a bold statement Mr. Rayne!

Tiff - When I heard /that/ music play, I felt all the malenky little hairs on my neck stand up endwise

[/nerdgasm] :lol:

Tiffany
07-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Tiff - When I heard /that/ music play, I felt all the malenky little hairs on my neck stand up endwise

Oh the same thing happened to me! I actually gasped, too.
Then I sent the trailer to almost everyone I knew.

:clap:

obscurejude
07-24-2008, 09:50 AM
I didn't even know about it until I saw Batman, so my first exposure was cinematic. I about lost it.

Tiffany
07-24-2008, 09:52 AM
I can't even imagine what it would've been like to see it at the theatre.

obscurejude
07-24-2008, 09:54 AM
I can't even imagine what it would've been like to see it at the theatre.

I leaned over to my friend and said, "Oh shit, is this Terminator"? He said, "no, I doubt it." Then the music, then me saying, "hell yeah it is"! I was so stoked, particularly when I saw Bale. I don't know, I can kind of see Bale as an older Edward Furlong (not so much aesthetically but character wise).

Anyways, I'm :excited:

Tiffany
07-24-2008, 09:56 AM
:excited: :excited: :excited:

I sent it to one of my little brothers. He was pretty :excited: too.

obscurejude
07-24-2008, 09:57 AM
:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

fernandito
07-24-2008, 10:05 AM
The movie is being released on my birthday :D

I hope we get to see the T-1000 prototype being developed, if not in this movie then the next.

Girlystevedave
07-24-2008, 11:09 AM

That's a bold statement Mr. Rayne!

I must be honest. When I saw this in the theater, I thought: "Shit. Terminator. Christian Bale. I hope Feev brought a change of underwear with him to the theater."

Odetta
07-24-2008, 12:55 PM
OK, I just saw the trailer!

:excited:

fernandito
07-27-2008, 03:05 PM
SDCC 08: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Death comes to a regular cast member.
by Travis Fickett

July 26, 2008 - Sarah Connor Chronicles made a triumphant return to San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday. The series only got to air nine episodes and then there was some doubt as to whether or not it would get a second season after the writers' strike. It did get that second season, and the show has added some cast members and increased its budget in order to hit the ground running. Creator Josh Friedman moderated the panel that included cast members Summer Glau, Thomas Dekker, Lena Headey, Richard T. Jones, and new regulars Shirley Manson, Garret Dillahunt and Brian Austin Green.

They opened with a clip that revealed Manson as some sort of corporate executive, clad in power suits and a feminine take on Michael Douglas's haircut in Wall Street. It's unclear as of yet how she will fit in with Sarah and the others – but it seems they will be at cross purposes. The rest of the clip featured a lot of action including a pretty fantastic car crash that drew some gasps from the audience. The show looks to be coming back on a grander scale, with lots of stories to tell.

It also appears that Agent Ellison and Cromartie (Dillahunt) join forces in some way – whether it's in just an episode or not isn't clear. But the preview scenes hinted at an interested dynamic between these two characters. And – to no one's surprise – Cameron survived the car explosion that seemed to claim her last season. However, she's heavily damaged and appears to be somewhat "glitchy."

In the panel, producer John Wirth somewhat awkwardly revealed that a character up on the panel will be dying this season. The cast was rather surprised at this revelation – as none of them had been told this before. The whispering began as the actors discussed amongst themselves who they thought it would be and how it would happen, etc. The jokes continued through the panel as to who would die and why and how.

Thomas Dekker and Lena HeadeySome other character revelations included an evolution of John Connor. Not only will Friedman be "taking John away" from Sarah, but Dekker talked about how he's happy to be able to start growing John into the savior of the world he's supposed to be. The character won't continue to "hide behind his hair," the way he did in season one.

Derek Reese continues to "represent the future war," Friedman said. "Derek's biggest task is learning how to fit in and survive the present," he added. Green wanted to thank everyone who both hated the fact he was cast and then grew to embrace the character. "It's because of you that I'm still here," he said.

Shirley Manson talked about the fact that she was rather terrified when she began on the show. Sarah Connor is her first acting gig, and the cast is filled with experienced actors. She added, "I feel like I've got a new band, but they're younger and better looking."

fernandito
09-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Okay, so who else besides Sarah and myself caught the first episode of season 2?!?!? :excited:

I love how it started out, with Cameron's reprogramming to hunt down John Connor. I also like the introduction of a T-1000, although I'm not sure what's up with the whole Irish thing. :orely:

BeDaN
09-13-2008, 06:41 AM
I for one love this show. I'm a big Terminator fan and was very critical of the show before it started. But I just fell in love with the show, I have to agree though it's gonna be interesting to see if Salvation follows the story of the show or if it will bypass it. I don't have any problems with the CGI or acting. I think over the last few years there have been a hell of a lot of shows that really are missing the mark with acting and storylines, I'm thinking of that gawd awful show Shark and that horrible overrated actor James Woods for one. Man I hate him.

fernandito
09-13-2008, 03:21 PM
*If* I remember correctly, the director from T4 stated that he was going to try and keep as many plot points from TSCC as his version of the script permitted; T1 and T2 will be the base.

fernandito
09-14-2008, 04:55 AM
Arnold Really is Back
Schwarzenegger spotted on T4 set.
by Jim Vejvoda

September 11, 2008 - "I'll be back," indeed. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has been photographed and videotaped chatting with actor Christian Bale on the set of Terminator Salvation, the fourth installment in the franchise that began with Schwarzenegger starring as the titular cyborg.

Ever since T4 became a reality, fans have wondered whether the Austrian Oak would be involved with the sequel given his political commitments. According to a scooper for Latino Review, which has posted a snapshot of Schwarzenegger and Bale having a casual conversation on the set, the "premise of Arnie's involvement is to have a fully rendered digital face of Arnie replacing the recently cast Roland Kickinger (The younger version of Arnie)."

The site adds, "It seems the Director Mc G will in no doubt try all he can to ensure the Governator has some sort of involvement and as a result Arnold was on set providing key ADR (Voice over) for the visual effects guys to reference during post production."

Odetta
09-15-2008, 07:28 AM
:panic:

sarah
09-17-2008, 06:48 AM
I saw that Terminator: TSCC is falling each week in the ratings. It makes me nervous that Fox will just cancel it and be done. I really hope they air a full season and give it a try.

fernandito
09-17-2008, 07:21 AM
I wonder, does watching the episodes on Fox's website benefit the ratings at all?

sarah
09-17-2008, 03:19 PM
hmmm? I don't know.

sorry I posted my earlier post in the movie thread :doh:

fernandito
09-17-2008, 03:21 PM
No worries :couple:

sarah
09-17-2008, 03:23 PM
:wub:

fernandito
10-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Terminator Wraps
McG gives a Salvation status update.
by IGN Movies

October 23, 2008 - Filming has wrapped on Terminator Salvation, the upcoming continuation of the sci-fi franchise starring Christian Bale and Sam Worthington, and work on the movie's copious special effects has started.

Director McG is giving fans an update on the production via the film's website.

He says, "We wrapped principal photography. Now we're heavy into post. I've already shown early cuts to Christian and Sam. They seem pleased with where the film is headed. Our focus is on story and character, but it's fun diving into the world of visual effects."

The movie is set in 2018, and tells what happens when John Connor (Bale), leader of the resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators, meets Marcus Wright (Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past. As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus set out on a mission that takes them into the heart of Skynet's operations, where they find out a terrifying secret that may mean the end of humankind.

"Christian and Sam bring power to the rolls of John Connor and Marcus Wright," McG says. "This is a story of two destinies colliding. Connor is part of a resistance comprised of the ethnicities that make up the globe. This film is so much more that just Los Angeles. It reflects the global crisis of man, all of man versus machine."

The director explains that the idea behind the film was to present the world after judgment day. "We set out to create a world that honored the Terminator mythology but was its own new beginning," he says.

Brainslinger
10-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Sounds interesting.

I suppose it'll be the slightly different future spawned from T2 and T3 then? Not necessarily a bad thing, although I hope there is some tie to the events of the earlier films.

fernandito
02-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Sarah Connor Returns
Hamilton confirms she's in talks for Terminator Salvation.
by Jim Vejvoda

February 19, 2009 - The original Sarah Connor will be back for Terminator Salvation.

MTV spoke exclusively with actress Linda Hamilton who confirmed that she has indeed been approached about being part of the fourth Terminator film. "We are talking," Hamilton said, adding that she has yet to read the script and was unaware of the direction of the story.

Hamilton said her "contribution would be voiceover", adding, "I would probably be very happy to loan my voice depending on what the material is. Wait and see. They're already writing it. We've been negotiating it."

Terminator Salvation opens May 22.

flaggwalkstheline
02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
hmm I've gotta see t3 before i see this one... is it any good?

Couldnt they just use a time paradox explanation to say why the governator isnt in it? is he in it? I've read conflicting accounts...

Chap
02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Arnie isn't in it, and Roland Kickinger is playing the new (older model, if I'm not mistaken) terminator. Not sure how big his part is though.

edit: I see fever covered it better than me in a earlier post :)

sarah
03-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I am just loving this season. Is anyone watching this? They just moved to Friday's, which is death in the FOX world, three weeks ago. DVR all the way! I hope they let the series finish the season. I'm hooked.

LadyHitchhiker
03-02-2009, 05:51 AM
What the hell was up with this latest episode???

fernandito
03-02-2009, 06:01 AM
I only watched the first episode of the second season and then I wasn't able to watch the rest :cry:

I'll hit it up the second season when they release it on DVD.

LadyHitchhiker
03-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Well Fridays didn't kill X-Files, so maybe they'll be okay. Course if they move them to Sundays like they did with X-Files eventually may that'll be okay too.

sarah
03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
newest trailer (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/terminator-salvation.html?showVideo=1) that I know of. It looks freakin' awesome. I can't wait.

fernandito
03-03-2009, 06:03 AM
THAT LOOKS AWESOME.

Oh, and replicating human tissue? Brilliant.

RUBE
03-03-2009, 07:07 PM
So this is when the machines first create the cyborgs but why doesn't John remember the cyborgs he encountered when he was young?

fernandito
03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
It's not that he doesn't remember, it's just that things are different than what his mother warned him about. We can attribute this to the fact that everytime Skynet sent a machine back in time, it altered the timeline a little bit.

valtr0n
03-04-2009, 02:45 AM
I got the impression that the confusing parts to John were the taking of human prisoners and the fact that apparently the first cyborgs thought they were human.

Nothing from T1/2/3 would make him expect any of that.

fernandito
03-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Exactly. Like I mentioned in my previous post, it's probably because Skynet decided to alter it's MO (i.e - Terminators that aren't aware they're machines) after failing to kill Connor in the previous movies.

RUBE
03-04-2009, 07:20 PM
But if they don't know they are suppose to kill Connor how does that help them? Once they get close a switch is suddenly thrown and they just know what they are suppose to do? I guess we will find out when we watch the movie.

sarah
04-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm so bummed out about this. (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/scoop-fox-set-t.html) This season has been so great. :cry:

fernandito
04-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Wait, since when did it SCC have 'horrific ratings'? The show is pretty damn popular from what I gather in online forums.

Oh, and f*ck Fox :angry:

turtlex
04-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately, SCC barely makes the FOX top 20.

Top Fox Primetime Shows, March 30 - April 5, 2009

Rank Shows R=Repeat S=Special P=Premiere Net # Viewers (LIVE+SD) (000) HH RATING (LIVE+SD) HH SHARE (LIVE+SD)
1 AMERICAN IDOL-TUESDAY FOX 24,410 13.7 21
2 AMERICAN IDOL-WEDNESDAY FOX 24,342 14.2 22
3 HOUSE FOX 12,511 7.5 12
4 24 FOX 11,265 6.5 10
5 BONES FOX 9,254 5.8 9
6 LIE TO ME FOX 9,180 5.7 10
7 OSBOURNES: RELO PVW-3/31(S) S FOX 8,395 5.0 8
8 HELL’S KITCHEN FOX 6,953 4.1 6
9 SIMPSONS FOX 6,503 3.8 6
10 FAMILY GUY R FOX 6,181 3.8 6
11 FAMILY GUY SP-4/5 8:30P(S) SR FOX 5,872 3.5 6
12 SIMPSONS SP-4/5 9:30P(S) SR FOX 5,538 3.4 5
13 AMW: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK FOX 5,311 3.3 6
14 COPS 2 R FOX 5,156 3.1 6
15 COPS R FOX 4,246 2.6 5
16 TERMINATOR: SRH CNR CHRON FOX 3,469 2.2 4
17 DOLLHOUSE FOX 3,435 2.2 4
18 KING OF HILL-SUN 7:30P R FOX 2,894 1.9 3

Sucks, really. It's a great show.... ( back to thread lurking )

sarah
04-28-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm getting giddy with anticipation. I'm for sure seeing the midnight showing.

fernandito
04-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Have you seen the latest trailer?! :wub:

sarah
04-28-2009, 03:59 PM
damn straight, ferny. calm down. I've tried to get tickets already but my "hometown" theatre isn't selling yet. <_<

Odetta
04-29-2009, 06:38 AM
squee! so excited!

Munchausen
04-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Well, to begin with, this is the stuff that made me pay attention to John Cameron. After Titanic, not so much.
T3 was okay I guess. Why they ditched the soundtrack motif so well established in the other two is beyond me. I'm a big timpani fan from way back. As for the plot, well...
I have no idea whether I'm supposed to like McG or not. Can't get behind a man who doesn't want to display his whole name. What's he hiding? As for his body of work, I'm happy to see his involvment in Supernatural and Chuck. Pretty much ends there. The trailers are doing their job to heighten my expectations. But to a point, then the anti-hype programming kicks in and floods my consciousness with a healthy dose of cynicism. I have confidence in Bale. That leaked blowout on set only underscores his passion in my mind. Can't trust a person who can't get righteously pissed.

Odetta
04-29-2009, 09:24 AM
I really liked the ending of T3

obscurejude
04-29-2009, 11:20 AM
I really liked the ending of T3

Yeah, me too. The tone it set was perfect in my opinion.

Odetta
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
now, if only T4 ends the way it should, I would be content.

Sam
04-29-2009, 07:21 PM
If the series had been handled the way it should have been, we would have had only one of two results.

First, Sarah changed the future and it should have ended with T2.

Second, Sarah couldn't change the future (hinted at in the end of the first film) and Judgement Day should have happened when it was supposed to and not been "delayed" like it was in T3.

Of course that is just my opinion.

fernandito
04-30-2009, 05:16 AM
Well, technically...

The series did 'end' with T2, at least according to Cameron. He wasn't involved in either T3 or T4.

Odetta - there are still two more Terminator movies in the works, according to what I've read.

Odetta
04-30-2009, 06:19 AM
ah... well, then I hope T6 ends the way it's supposed to

obscurejude
04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Well, technically...

The series did 'end' with T2, at least according to Cameron. He wasn't involved in either T3 or T4.

Odetta - there are still two more Terminator movies in the works, according to what I've read.

Good point. I think its important to remember this and just hope for the best. I'm expecting new ones to be different, but again, I think the tone of 3 was in the right place.

fernandito
05-01-2009, 06:21 AM
20 Days left! :excited:

Odetta
05-15-2009, 08:22 PM
I CAN'T STAND IT!

obscurejude
05-16-2009, 11:38 PM
I know where I'll be late Tuesday night. :rock: I'm so stoked. I wish I could see it with Feev and the rest of ya'll. :(

Free Terminator Salvation backgrounds available at the Playstation store right now. :) I reluctantly replaced a nude Holly Madison with a cyborg. :lol:

turtlex
05-19-2009, 11:40 AM
OMG ! Just got the T2:Blu-Ray Limited Edition Complete Collectors Set w/ Endoskull !!!

It is freaking huge... like almost life size!! Totally awesome !!!!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512tTY1fhBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Pricey, of course, but it's got flipping everything....

The Endoskull is plastic ( of course ) but you put a battery in and the eyes light up all creepy. You can put the discs in the Endoskull but it also comes with a case.

Includes : 6 Disc Set

Skynet Edition BluRay
Extreme Edition DVD
Ultimate Edition DVD
Digital Copy

It's pretty cool.

Odetta
05-19-2009, 12:33 PM
that... is... the coolest... thing!!!!

fernandito
05-19-2009, 12:59 PM
How much did you get it for, Pam?

turtlex
05-19-2009, 02:31 PM
O - Seriously. Very.

Feev - it's like $115 over at amazon... I get everything from amazon.

...oh and it has sound... along with the creepy glowing eyes...

....scared the bloody shite out of me !

fernandito
05-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Oooh, really? New right?

When I first saw it advertised a few months ago, it was going for about $160 or something like that. I'm thinking of saving up some dough so that I can have that kick ass endo-skeleton in my collection :evil:

Brice
05-19-2009, 04:09 PM
When I first saw it I thought Feev would likely give up an arm for that. :lol:

Odetta
05-19-2009, 06:50 PM
O - Seriously. Very.

Feev - it's like $115 over at amazon... I get everything from amazon.

...oh and it has sound... along with the creepy glowing eyes...

....scared the bloody shite out of me !

WHAT SOUND????

sarajean
05-19-2009, 07:49 PM
i want it.

turtlex
05-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Yup, $115 brand spankin' new.

It's very cool, for sure - just remember that the Endo is plastic. That's the only draw back.

O - the sound that scared the crap out of me is this metallic scraping sound. Two different ones that I heard, one longer than the other. Oh, and according to a listing on Amazon, there's also the T2 theme... but I never heard that, least not yet, but then again, I was rushing around and had to shut it off after not too long. ( the sound comes out of the bottom, which is also where the batteries go in ).

What's really cool is that there's like 10 total hours of bonus material and stuff. Plus, well like ever version of T2 you could get.

Odetta
05-20-2009, 06:07 AM
freaky... I WANT IT!

turtlex
05-20-2009, 06:09 AM
It is freaky, yes. But, in a wow - very cool - kinda way.

O, because it's for you ( and I'm dedicated to stalking you ) I will turn it on tonight and let it go for a bit, and see what other kinds of noises it makes... or doesn't.

Odetta
05-20-2009, 06:19 AM
*squee*

how many different noises is it supposed to make?

turtlex
05-20-2009, 07:01 AM
From what I've read just the T2 theme... so honestly, I'm clueless.

ETA: I just found a couple of things that said "Sound Effects From The Movie"...

.... no it couldn't be more vague. :D

I'll letcha know!

Way better pictures : http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/24/cool-stuff-limited-edition-terminator-2-complete-collectors-set/

sarajean
05-20-2009, 09:41 AM
i remember the very first copy i had of T2 on dvd had an additional audio track for the blind, or seeing impaired or something. "the terminator smashes his hand through the glass..."

turtlex
05-20-2009, 09:48 AM
OMG ! Who did the voice work on that?!?!

sarajean
05-20-2009, 10:01 AM
just some guy. it was hilarious. my friend daniel and i used to get faded and giggle our asses off at it. i don't think we ever made it all the way through it with that voiceover track on, because it was too distracting. this was in...97? yeah, 97. back when there were only a handful of titles available on dvd. anyway, we discovered it by accident when we were trying to turn the subtitles on one night, and freaked out when the guy started describing what was going on. it was like when brian took the old lady to see the blair witch project.

turtlex
05-20-2009, 10:04 AM
I am going to see if it's included on any of the discs in the new set.

That would be priceless!

sarajean
05-20-2009, 10:07 AM

i never found it on any of the later editions, so...if it's there, definitely let me know.

obscurejude
05-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Going to the midnight screening tonight. :rock:

fernandito
05-20-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm thinking.... should we start seperate thread for T4 and then merge it with this thread later on? The reason I ask is because as more and more people watch it, they're going to want to come in here and discuss it, and it's going to be a pain in the ass having to mark your spoilers every post.... hmmm...

sarajean
05-20-2009, 12:02 PM
i'm thinking that's a great idea, ferny. :thumbsup:

turtlex
05-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Okay... the Endoskull sounds :

I got like five different ones.

Metal being crushed
Machinery powering up
More metal being crushed
Longer metal crushing sounds ( with this odd light saber sorta sound )
Techno sounding do-dads

No music, don't know where that info came from.

There's a small button on the side you press to light the eyes and get a sound.

obscurejude
05-20-2009, 07:10 PM
1 hour. :D

Yeah Feev, I think that's a good idea. How about start a separate thread for T 4 and then merge them or something after awhile. I hate attempting to follow discussions in spoilers.

Odetta
05-21-2009, 06:04 AM
I don't think I could sleep if that head was in my bedroom!

turtlex
05-21-2009, 06:50 AM
I don't think I could sleep if that head was in my bedroom!

:lol: Mine is in the living room... though it's too tall to fit in my DVD bookcases so it is sitting on top of one now ( the box says its 14" ).

That's what he said!

Oh, and the freaky thing about the Endo... its all chrome colored except the teeth are bright white.

sarajean
05-21-2009, 06:54 AM
That's what he said!

sarah
05-21-2009, 06:58 AM
I saw the midnight show early this morning. It was pretty good. I give it a B. The action sequences were kickass.

rottentomatoes reviews. (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_salvation/)

obscurejude
05-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah, MCG did a good job with the visuals, but there wasn't enough story at all. That was one of the things that made T2 so epic, the intensely human moments combined with the threat of annihilation. There was no information on how the resistance came to be and little connection at all to previous installments in the franchise.

But the visuals were really well done. The terminators were downright terrifying. Especially the Harvester and the T 600's. The post apocalyptic LA was also freaky. I know the idea has almost become cliche in modern cinema, but this took it to another level for me. Every frame was monochrome, everything was on fire, and there was so much silence that every gun or human expression sounded unbelievable amplified. I loved the way that John Conner's M4 Carbine sounded...

I have a few specific issues with the movies:

Why did Marcus Wright give his heart to John Conner? I mean, I understand that he's our hero, but within the internal logic of the movie, wouldn't Wright be more of an asset to the resistance than Connor? This is another one of my issues. We get very little detail about John's involvement in the resistance which is lame compared to all the foreshadowing in the previous films. Why were people referring to him as a prophet, etc? He wasn't even head of command...

Why did Kyle Reese need to be saved in order for John Connor to live? I understand that he's John's father, but is this implying that if he died before going back in time that John would somehow disappear or something due to a lapse in the space time continuum? I thought that one of the moteifs of the movies was that you make your own fate and thus alternate realities were possible with the audacity of the human spirit. The writing for this film just wasn't up for the task of following something as epic as the benchmark T2: Judgment Day in my opinion.

turtlex
05-21-2009, 02:15 PM
A more important question might be ...

Why is Chekov in Terminator?

Ryan - You just about nailed every review I've read so far.

Fun, but not epic and not a classic like the original or T2.