PDA

View Full Version : DT Maps, Addresses, and Locations

cozener
12-18-2007, 11:02 AM
If SK put on the Mid-world Atlas. It would be a great way to give us junkies more of Roland's world without him actually having to write more books. We could track the paths of the beams, follow the progress of the ka-tet, see where all the Baronies are, Jericho Hill, etc. Maybe SK could write little historical blurbs about the places and things. Would be nifty.

sarah
12-18-2007, 12:08 PM
yeah, that would be way cool. I've seen some fan made maps that are pretty neat. Maybe he could give something more with the comics.

jayson
12-18-2007, 12:10 PM
that would be very cool. i am a big Tolkien geek, and I have spent hours looking at the maps that are included with LotR and the Silmarillion. I would love to see the same for all of the places we visited or only heard about in DT.

Matt
12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
This is a really good idea, I am surprised it hasn't been done in one of the companion books.

Wuducynn
12-20-2007, 11:44 AM
If SK put on the Mid-world Atlas. It would be a great way to give us junkies more of Roland's world without him actually having to write more books. We could track the paths of the beams, follow the progress of the ka-tet, see where all the Baronies are, Jericho Hill, etc. Maybe SK could write little historical blurbs about the places and things. Would be nifty.

I love it! Maybe Ms. Mod will agree to pass the idea on to King..if I can ever get back on his message board...

NeedfulKings
12-20-2007, 03:00 PM
That is a great idea! There are a few small maps in the Concordances, correct? But an all-encompasing Atlas would rock! I'm a geek...I'd buy it! :P

Wuducynn
12-20-2007, 03:10 PM
The first 1000 sold should come with replicas of Roland's .45's or a 'Riza. :cool:

Storyslinger
12-21-2007, 10:38 AM
I like this idea

cozener
12-22-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm a geek...I'd buy it! You think you're a geek? I got this idea when I was looking at my Historical Atlas of the Medieval World...for fun. :blush:

Brice
12-22-2007, 09:08 PM
It's an awesome idea! :D

WildPegasus
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey all, I'm new here so if I posted this thread in the wrong place or if it's lock-worthy then please excuse my noobiness :unsure:

Would anyone by chance happen to have the map for DT 1-3 that was posted on thedarktower.net? Would be greatly appreciated. Thank ya :D

Erin
01-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the site WildPegasus! Don't worry abuot being a noob ( I love that word! :lol:), I moved the thread for you to our forum, Mid-World, which is all about the Dark Tower. Where you originally posted, The Dixie Pig, is for off-topic discussion.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the map you are looking for, but i'm sure someone on here has access to it and will find it for you in no time!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any other member of the staff. :)

WildPegasus
01-04-2008, 03:14 AM
Thanks for the help.

I've looked everywhere and I can't find it, argh wish I had saved it when I had the chance.

Matt
01-04-2008, 07:18 AM
This has actually stirred up a lot of map talk WildPegasus, thanks for bringing it up.

I would love to get all the maps, (this one), the ones from the comics and any place else together for one viewing and discussion

I don't actually remember the one posted on dt.net, would love to see it

WildPegasus
01-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Here's a little slice of it. Got it from archive.org, the entire map isn't archived though so..

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4549/10014001500my7.jpg

Edit: Hurray I finally found it via torrent!

Matt
01-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Dang! That looks pretty cool.

Looks like we just need some research and basic image skills and we could recreate the whole thing bigger and better.

WildPegasus
01-04-2008, 04:59 PM
^Yeah, looks like anyone with some photoshop knowledge could make an updated version or something.

I uploaded it, after finding it through a torrent, in case anyone else needs it:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9I83MHJ

William50
01-04-2008, 05:03 PM
That is cool. I wonder why nobody thought of it already?

Arthur Heath
01-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I would have loved a detailed map along there journey. It familiarizes the story line that much more...

William50
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I agree. I would love a map in the inside flap of the cover or something. It would be cool!

Wuducynn
01-07-2008, 06:50 AM
How about a map that you could cover the ceiling of your bedroom with? :cool:

Brice
01-07-2008, 06:52 AM
No no I need a map with doors on it so I can slip away. :dance:

Wuducynn
01-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Yeah, they're called "Psilocybin mushrooms"

Brice
01-07-2008, 06:59 AM
I prefer the synthetic route. ;)

sarah
01-07-2008, 09:27 AM
that map is missing Tull.

also, it took longer than one day to go from brown's the the way station.

timtempest6
01-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Or what about a MMO RPG in the style of The Elder Scrolls theres a map

Ryan
02-05-2008, 06:28 AM
**DON'T HATE ME**
Reading the DT Series for the Nth time.
I'm taken back to a part from Misery where Annie goes on one of her tirades after reading Pauls first draft of Misery's Return. On and on she goes about the 'series shorts' she saw at the movies where they would continue from week to week and how seeing that one week the hero was trapped like a rat and magically the next week survived the crash. She stands up and yells "CHEATER"......
Am I alone in the thought that SK may have cheated just a little bit in the way he wrote himself into the story and the actions he alowed himself to take in the evolvement of the story???
- The bag in the parking lot
- The turtle in the bag
- The envolope in the lobby
- The note in the bathroom at Dandelo's pad

I know he writes from the heart and takes from his own life to draw out the evolution of the story. Clearly evident with the Accident with the van, etc. However, I can't help but think maybe he got stuck on how to finish and couldn't find another way out...like a hero being trapped like a rat:rose:

Constant Reader

Jean
02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Dear Constant Reader,

the questions touched upon in the starter post of this thread are already being discussed elsewhere, for example:

King's Role in SoS (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1316)
Did He? (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1140)

more Rants and Frustrations are welcome! only please, my dear friends, make sure there's isn't already a home for a particular Rant or Frustration you are posting here

:rose:

Brice
02-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Dear Constant Reader,

the questions touched upon in the starter post of this thread are already being discussed elsewhere, for example:

King's Role in SoS (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1316)
Did He? (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1140)

more Rants and Frustrations are welcome! only please, my dear friends, make sure there's isn't already a home for a particular Rant or Frustration you are posting here

:rose:

My apologies Jean! I moved it from the IMMRN thread earlier. I wasn't really sure where to put it. I figured it could be it's own thread unless someone decided otherwise.

sarah
02-05-2008, 12:49 PM
I already PMed Ryan about all this and it is all worked out. This thread can stay in here for a bit as a more general thread.

Jean
02-06-2008, 12:35 AM
I think the idea of the thread is very good, it's where all minor rants and frustrations can be - those who haven't gotten their own threads yet. We've always been in need of such a thread, thank you Ryan!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

obscurejude
02-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Definitely check out the King's Role in SoS thread.

Wuducynn
02-06-2008, 06:32 AM
My only minor annoyance in the Dark Tower series is the plot hole or inconsistancy between an event in WOTC and DT7.
Andy and Slightman the Elder notified Finli o'Tego of the gunslingers in Calla Bryn Sturgiss and then when we get to Blue Heaven in DT7 Finli o'Tego and everyone else act as if gunslingers coming out of Mid-World is some distant rumor/myth.
This is the only thing that has bothered me in the whole series and I just ignore it whenever I read the series. If King ever does do a re-write of the series I hope this plot hole is eliminated.

Jean
02-06-2008, 06:57 AM
I hope it won't be. Like all other "mistakes", I think it's a sign of a bigger thing not yet comprehended.

Wuducynn
02-06-2008, 07:24 AM
I hope it won't be. Like all other "mistakes", I think it's a sign of a bigger thing not yet comprehended.

Well, to me there are subjective and objective mistakes. Most folk have complaints about what they consider mistakes in the way the story went (like Cozener) or the way a character was handled.
To me this was an objective mistake, a plot-hole. I don't know, maybe Ted Brautigan removed this exchange from Finli's mind before he could report it to Pimli, or mention it to anyone else at Blue Heaven?
Of course thats reaching big time. Its just an oversight, that I just have to ignore. Doesn't touch my deep love for the series.

Ryan
02-12-2008, 09:04 AM
If King ever does do a re-write of the series I hope this plot hole is eliminated.

I hope not...
Even with all its "imperfections" (Whatever they may personally be)..... A RE-WRITE!!!!. I've already bought the White Album 4 times.

If it does ever come to a re-write however, and I'm aware that the GS has already had one, I hope the series, as a completed, hands off, I'm finally finished, collection will be boxed in a set. Signed or not (signed perferably). I see a 7 book collection all of the same binding and colour, the dust covers all with their perspective art work on the front and back but, on the binding, when put together, has some sort of mosaic

Food for thought

Wuducynn
02-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Yep. A box-set would rock. I'd love to pay extra for some new Dark Tower artwork on it too, really amazing new stuff done by Michael Whelan. :harrier:

Ryan
02-12-2008, 09:23 AM
agreed.
did you happen to see how much the signed set went for on e-bay?
I had to quit following it after it toppen $14K

Wuducynn
02-12-2008, 09:34 AM
agreed.

No I didn't. A friend of mines wife has the signed numbered artist edition and is disgustingly non-chalant about it too. I'm telling her how fantastic it is that she has it and shes "yeah its pretty neat"... :rolleyes:

Brice
02-12-2008, 09:40 AM
agreed.

No I didn't. A friend of mines wife has the signed numbered artist edition and is disgustingly non-chalant about it too. I'm telling her how fantastic it is that she has it and shes "yeah its pretty neat"... :rolleyes:

One of these days that will just cause you to totally lose it, won't it? :lol:

Wuducynn
02-12-2008, 09:43 AM
One of these days that will just cause you to totally lose it, won't it? :lol:

It's only by a will of iron that I haven't lost all my hair by now.. :pullhair:

Brice
02-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Or lost your friend because you start shouting at his wife that it's a goddamned signed motherfuckin' Dark Tower? Learn to fucking appreciate it properly. Pretty neat is winning twenty dollars on a scratch off card. :rofl:

Ryan
02-12-2008, 10:31 AM
...I'm telling her how fantastic it is that she has it and shes "yeah its pretty neat"... :rolleyes:

Steel em..... after a week start sending her randsom letters. When she tells you about the letters "yeah its pretty neat".

MMMWWWaAAAA HHHAAAA HHAAA HHHAAA HHHHAAAA

Jean
02-12-2008, 10:29 PM
.... still on topic? http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_unsure.gif

sarah
02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
My only minor annoyance in the Dark Tower series is the plot hole or inconsistancy between an event in WOTC and DT7.
Andy and Slightman the Elder notified Finli o'Tego of the gunslingers in Calla Bryn Sturgiss and then when we get to Blue Heaven in DT7 Finli o'Tego and everyone else act as if gunslingers coming out of Mid-World is some distant rumor/myth.
This is the only thing that has bothered me in the whole series and I just ignore it whenever I read the series. If King ever does do a re-write of the series I hope this plot hole is eliminated.

I just read this part in Dark Tower VII last night. I was thinking that maybe Andy and Slightman reported to Sayre. Sayre had all the knowledge of what was happening with Mia/Susannah and knew of the Gunslingers. Pimli isn't even aware of Mordred when he's talking with Finli, they talk of the child as another myth. I'm wondering if Sayre was just keeping all the secrets from them. Keeping them in the dark so they could just focus on the Breakers.

Otherwise, it is just a big fat mistake that is annoying.

Wuducynn
02-13-2008, 08:55 AM
I would love for your idea about Sayre to be true, but I'm afraid it was just a big fat boo-boo on King's part. It almost makes me think he's human or something...

sarah
02-13-2008, 08:58 AM
yeah, I know it is a total stretch but I'm trying. :lol:

jayson
02-13-2008, 02:17 PM
it'd be nice if you're right but they seemingly report to finli. maybe finli knew but didn't tell anyone and was just acting surprised when it happened. i know, not all that plausible, but still...

Wuducynn
02-13-2008, 04:49 PM
No, not plausible at all. No "still" about it. We're just going to have to suck it up and deal with the fact that its just a big plot hole, however much we dislike to admit it.

sarah
02-13-2008, 07:12 PM
fine be that way.

:cry:

LadyHitchhiker
02-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Okay, soapbox time...
RF's death sucked and his character should have been even mroe developed than in The Stand because he had more time to develop RF's character even more...
Oy's death sucked and seemed pointless.
Mordred's character should have been involved more in the story
Oh and I'm starting to like the ending but it really pissed me off when I first read it because I just thought it was a meanhearted thing to do to Roland..... but now I am seeing that maybe it couldn't be changed, because Ka is a wheel...
*steps off box*
Have a great day!
Aw crap those probably all have their own thread anyways... except maybe the Mordred thing... well just ignore me then.

jayson
02-14-2008, 04:04 AM
No, not plausible at all. No "still" about it. We're just going to have to suck it up and deal with the fact that its just a big plot hole, however much we dislike to admit it.

i have no prob admitting the plot hole, i didn't write it.

Wuducynn
02-14-2008, 05:57 AM
Yes you did.

Jean
02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gif

Lord_Vertigo
02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
I honestly can't stand the first book. I'm discovering that on my second read-through. I had trouble with it the first time, too. Even the revised version is rough-going. I just couldn't care less about Roland's sexual escapades, I don't understand why he had to blow everyone in town, and I just don't like the overall "emo-writer on Lord-knows-what" tone of the book. Even though King was a lot older when he did the revision, it still sounds like a college kid's immature attempt at being dark and soulful. It drives me up the wall. I only read it, because it's so necessary for the rest of the series, which I happen to love.

Jean
02-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I would agree 100% if book one wasn't for me counterbalanced by R.Browning poem at the end. The latter is a finale, the former an epigraph (rather lengthy, I agree). I am talking only of the Original, of course, - in this light, by the way, there was no more sense in revision than it would be in pulling Browning text by the ears towards fitting the rest of the text.

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 05:31 AM
I would agree 100% if book one wasn't for me counterbalanced by R.Browning poem at the end. The latter is a finale, the former an epigraph (rather lengthy, I agree). I am talking only of the Original, of course, - in this light, by the way, there was no more sense in revision than it would be in pulling Browning text by the ears towards fitting the rest of the text.

So you finally got around to reading the revised?

Jean
02-15-2008, 05:41 AM
No, why? I didn't make any evaluative comment on its content, I only said I didn't see any sense in revision. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wink-1.gif

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 05:50 AM
You said there was no more sense in revision...how can you accurately make that judgement if you haven't read the revision?

Brice
02-15-2008, 05:51 AM
You said there was no more sense in revision...how can you accurately make that judgement if you haven't read the revision?

If you believe revision shouldn't have been made to begin with as general principle, than you can.

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 05:55 AM
I see what you're saying, you damn cozening Canadian. Part of me still feels that you can't make an accurate judgement on anything unless you've experienced it. Its kind of like a little kid saying they don't like peas when they've never eatin them before.

Brice
02-15-2008, 05:58 AM
They might not like how they look. :lol:

jayson
02-15-2008, 06:00 AM
the revision [which i have read] smacks of a musician going back into the studio to "remake" his/her previous hit with new technology. it may sound "fuller" than the older one, but something invariably gets lost in the transformation. i never minded the seeming inconsistencies in style from the first through the rest. in fact, i liked that it showed King growing as a writer. all the revisions just make it seem like he went back and forced some things into alignment with the rest of the story as it played out years later. they may make it more 'consistent' with the rest of the story, but i read the original for so many years and never had an issue with it.

Jean
02-15-2008, 06:01 AM
I see what you're saying, you damn cozening Canadian. Part of me still feels that you can't make an accurate judgement on anything unless you've experienced it. Its kind of like a little kid saying they don't like peas when they've never eatin them before.
No. There's a fine line easy to overlook. It is never advisable to pass judgement on anything someone hasn't no first-hand knowledge of, but I certainly have a perfect right to make a statement about the unnecessity of enhancing or altering something that suits me. Very much like a man who refuses to check if other women are better in bed than his wife if he is satisfied with her.

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:01 AM
the revision [which i have read] smacks of a musician going back into the studio to "remake" his/her previous hit with new technology. it may sound "fuller" than the older one, but something invariably gets lost in the transformation. i never minded the seeming inconsistencies in style from the first through the rest. in fact, i liked that it showed King growing as a writer. all the revisions just make it seem like he went back and forced some things into alignment with the rest of the story as it played out years later. they may make it more 'consistent' with the rest of the story, but i read the original for so many years and never had an issue with it.

So did you read the revised edition or are you one of those who don't on principle?

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:02 AM
No. There's a fine line easy to overlook. It is never advisable to pass judgement on anything someone hasn't no first-hand knowledge of, but I certainly have a perfect right to make a statement about the unnecessity of enhancing or altering something that suits me. Very much like a man who refuses to check if other women are better in bed than his wife if he is satisfied with her.

Sure you have a right to say or do what you like, I'm not questioning that. I do question that you can accurately judge something unless you've experienced it yourself.

jayson
02-15-2008, 06:03 AM
.... the unnecessity of enhancing or altering something that suits me. Very much like a man who refuses to check if other women are better in bed than his wife if he is satisfied with her.

well said Jean. pretty how much how i feel about the revisions. sure it could be argued that it is "better" or "more consistent" but i found it an unnecessary endeavor on King's part.

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:05 AM

So did you read the revised edition or are you one of those who don't on principle?

Well chummy?

Jean
02-15-2008, 06:07 AM
Matthew: do I fail to make myself clear (which is, of course, possible, but not very probable in this case since Jayson and Brice understand what I say) or do you refuse to understand what I am saying on principle, to see what happens when someone teases a bear long enough?

Brice
I have myself read the revision and while it isn't bad I gotta' agree with Jayson, something is missing in the transition from the original to the revised.

jayson

Well chummy?

sorry i missed that one. you might note that in my post that you quoted though i do say "the revision [which i have read] smacks of a musician going back...." so there's your answer. I have read the revised several times, though i prefer the original for many reaons.

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:08 AM
Matthew: do I fail to make myself clear (which is, of course, possible, but not very probable in this case since Jayson and Brice understand what I say) or do you refuse to understand what I am saying on principle, to see what happens when someone teases a bear long enough?

Jean, I see what you are saying and what I'm saying is I disagree with you. Now do we understand each other?

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:11 AM

This is your original post Jayson and it didn't say whether or not you read it.

Brice
02-15-2008, 06:13 AM
It does now. :P

jayson
02-15-2008, 06:13 AM

This is your original post Jayson and it didn't say whether or not you read it.

um, you need reading lessons my friend... the third thru sixth words of my post are "which I have read." these words follow "the revision" implying that it is the revision which i have read. need some coffee or something matthew?

Jean
02-15-2008, 06:14 AM

Jean, I see what you are saying and what I'm saying is I disagree with you. Now do we understand each other?
No. You said "I do question that you can accurately judge something unless you've experienced it yourself," and it's not where we disagree, it's where we agree, - especially taking it into consideration that I stated the same, though in other words, in the very post you were "disagreeing" with. It just seems to me that you have some bete noire, kind of a scarecrow, consisting of some mythical people judging things they don't know, and you keep seeing it where it isn't. I'll stop sidetracking this thread now, though.

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Okay, yeah I see it now.

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:17 AM
No. You said "I do question that you can accurately judge something unless you've experienced it yourself," and it's not where we disagree, it's where we agree, - especially taking it into consideration that I stated the same, though in other words, in the very post you were "disagreeing" with. It just seems to me that you have some bete noire, kind of a scarecrow, consisting of some mythical people judging things they don't know, and you keep seeing it where it isn't. I'll stop sidetracking this thread now, though.

It sure didn't seem like that to me. It seemed like you were saying the revision wasn't necessary to you. And I was pointing out my opinion that you can't accurately make that judgement unless you've read it.

jayson
02-15-2008, 06:17 AM
wakey wakey!!

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Jayson, fuck off.

jayson
02-15-2008, 06:22 AM
yes ma'am

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:34 AM
yes ma'am

*Takes the Bra of Eld off and strangles Jayson to death with it*

jayson
02-15-2008, 06:38 AM
that was funny. now, in 20 years don't go back to this thread and revise it to make the bra the bra of eld, or to make me walter.

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Too late!

jayson
02-15-2008, 06:50 AM
well, maybe that was your "dropping jake" moment and you will live to regret it.

Jean
02-15-2008, 08:59 AM
::cough:: still on topic? ::cough::

Telynn
02-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Ok, how is this for getting back on track:

My rant. When Eddie was dying, Roland stayed right by his side. FOR HOURS. Even though the writer was going to be killed and everything would go to shit. He sat there. Then, when Jake gets hit and is lying there dying Roland can't even spare a few freaking minutes to go see him. Did it occur to him that if he hadn't spent so much time sitting by Eddie, they wouldn't have been in such a rush and Jake wouldn't have been killed at all????

End rant.

fernandito
02-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Did it occur to him that if he hadn't spent so much time sitting by Eddie, they wouldn't have been in such a rush and Jake wouldn't have been killed at all????

Ka.

Telynn
02-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Ka my ass.

Jean
02-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Ka my ass.
So far this has been the only thing about Ka anyone has said that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Telynn
02-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Ka my ass.
So far this has been the only thing about Ka anyone has said that I wholeheartedly agree with.

:huglove:

Ryan
02-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Ka my ass.

:huglove:
Amen.....
Ka leaves the bag in the empty lot.....
Ka conviniently kills Jake (more probably to get him out of the way so he could finish the story without any loose ends.)
Ka the scape goat
Ka the easy way out
Ka the get out of jail card.... just swallow a piece of paper and bammo no more plot struggle.

Telynn
02-18-2008, 08:32 PM
The thing with my rant is mainly that I can see Roland doing either of those two things. I can see him being the hard-ass who needs to get the job done and doesn't have time for the good-byes to the dead. And I can see him being caring about his ka-tet enough to want to say good-bye. But for him to be so opposite in such a short amount of time. No way.

TerribleT
04-01-2008, 06:33 AM
In case anyone is wondering, Gage Park, where the ride on Blaine ends, is a real place. There's not a station for regular trains there, but Charlie the Choo Choo, DOES exist in the park. I didn't see anyplace the specifically named him Charlie the Choo Choo, but there's a kid's train that runs around a fairly lengthy track. I was not able to see the train, because it was shut down for the winter. The rose garden also exists, but it doesn't look very pretty at this time of year. There is also a zoo there. (While you guys visit exotic locations on your vacation, I go to Topeka :( )

Wuducynn
04-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Is it called The Reinisch Rose Garden? I've seen pics of Gage Park...very cool. I had a friend named Kristina who lives in Topeka, she used to be a regular on .Net and she lives in Topeka.

TerribleT
04-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Yep, it is. I didn't even get out and explore, I was with my Dad, and he had someplace to be, so we took a quick drive through. Next time I go, it will be summer, and I'll go there and actually explore the park. I'll also take a camera. It was all kind of a surprise to me, because I've driven that stretch of I-70 a whole bunch of times, and never noticed. I just happened to be reading that section of W&G this time when I was out there, and asked my dad if it was a real place, because I'd seen the signs for Gage Blvd.

Wuducynn
04-01-2008, 06:44 AM
They need to name that train Charlie the Choo-Choo and rig the headlamp to flash at random every couple of hours.. :thumbsup:

MonteGss
04-01-2008, 06:48 AM
Yeah, maybe add a creepy voice that comes out of a speaker near that light...to scare the crap outta little kids. :lol:

mia/susannah
04-01-2008, 06:53 AM
That is cool that there is a Gage Park. I would like to visit it sometime

sarah
04-01-2008, 07:20 AM
that is so cool, Terrible T. I thought that that place might be real but I've never heard of anyone confirming that. Will you take pictures when you go in the summer?

Wuducynn
04-01-2008, 07:29 AM
that is so cool, Terrible T. I thought that that place might be real but I've never heard of anyone confirming that. Will you take pictures when you go in the summer?

I guess you never saw the pictures in the Wizard and Glass forum on .Net, Sarah. There was a whole thread dedicated to real pictures of Gage Park and Reinisch Rose Garden..

jayson
04-01-2008, 07:30 AM
cool info T! def would love to see pics if/when you go again.

TerribleT
04-01-2008, 07:43 AM
I'll probably be going back sometime this summer, and I will take pics for sure. Like I said, the train was in the "garage" and wasn't running, and the rose garden was all dormant and brown.

Dude...the Mets????? I could probably send you a National League Champs T-shirt like the one I have.

sarah
04-02-2008, 07:30 AM

I guess you never saw the pictures in the Wizard and Glass forum on .Net, Sarah. There was a whole thread dedicated to real pictures of Gage Park and Reinisch Rose Garden..

Yeah, I missed all that. The last time I was at .net was probably in late 2005. I popped on every now and then but I didn't go through the sites threads. I bet those pictures were so cool. I'm bummed I missed that and that the .net is down and those pictures are probably all lost. :(

Jean
04-02-2008, 07:40 AM
yes

I am really very very sorry.

I have archived lots of .net threads, but not that

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_sad.gif

Fall of Gilead
04-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I remember that pic thread. Wasn't there a pic of the actual train?

Wuducynn
04-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I missed all that. The last time I was at .net was probably in late 2005. I popped on every now and then but I didn't go through the sites threads. I bet those pictures were so cool. I'm bummed I missed that and that the .net is down and those pictures are probably all lost. :(

Probably. :(

yes

I am really very very sorry.

I have archived lots of .net threads, but not that

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_sad.gif

:(

I remember that pic thread. Wasn't there a pic of the actual train?

Yep.

Jon
04-03-2008, 12:23 AM
I didn't even THINK to grab those pics!

Wuducynn
04-03-2008, 05:22 AM
I didn't even THINK to grab those pics!

Its all that NASCAR, Jon.

turtlex
04-09-2008, 04:57 AM
Friends -

I was wondering if anyone ever compiled a list of all the addresses and/or locations named in the Dark Tower Series?

I know Gilead ( hey, I have a picture of the town sign posted in the gallery ), but as you know, there are actual addresses given for a whole bunch of locations.

Have you ever seen a list like this?

Yeah, I'm kinda a geek and would like to create a sort of check list.

Any advice or information you have would be very welcomed.

Long Days,
turtlex

Edited To Add : if you know of any, and want to list them here, please list the book of origin as well. I'll compile a list and can put something together to share ( I have access to a laminator! ).

Daghain
04-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, TerribleT just told me there really is a Gage Park in Topeka. But he didn't bring back any pictures. :nope:

turtlex
04-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Well, TerribleT just told me there really is a Gage Park in Topeka. But he didn't bring back any pictures. :nope:

I'll put it on the list, excellent !

bergy81
04-09-2008, 12:35 PM
982 Michigan Ave. Detroit, MI. is a real place. That is where Callahan jumped out the window in Wolves of the Calla.

turtlex
04-09-2008, 03:43 PM
982 Michigan Ave. Detroit, MI. is a real place. That is where Callahan jumped out the window in Wolves of the Calla.

Thank you.
The list begins to grow !

MonteGss
04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Clearly (as seen in my av), The Corner w/The Rose is a real location. King took some small liberties with the geography but the building really is there. :)

That was the highlight of my NY trip. :)

Daghain
04-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Gage Park pics (I love the Internet!)

Charlie the Choo Choo? (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.travelks.com/images/Listing/5751-Gage%2520Park%2520-%2520train.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.travelks.com/s/index.cfm%3FLID%3D5751%26QString%3DTripSearch%253D a%2526Keywords%253D%2526Page%253D508&h=323&w=364&sz=42&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=VhbOBBzackz3hM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGage%2BPark,%2BTopeka,%2BKansas%26um% 3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

Park Entrance (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lasr.net/images/attractions/KS0305006a013.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php%3FTopeka%26Kansas%26City_ID%3DKS0305006%2 6VA%3DY%26Attraction_ID%3DKS0305006a013&h=216&w=291&sz=13&hl=en&start=5&um=1&tbnid=27snbQ0jX3WvgM:&tbnh=85&tbnw=115&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGage%2BPark,%2BTopeka,%2BKansas%26um% 3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

The Carousel (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.travelks.com/images/Listing/5753-Gage%2520Park%2520-%2520carousel%2520-%2520Mark%2520Hood.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.travelks.com/s/index.cfm%3FLID%3D5753%26QString%3DTripSearch%253D a%2526Keywords%253D%2526Page%253D388&h=235&w=364&sz=26&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=hKt3yVeewPxlAM:&tbnh=78&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGage%2BPark,%2BTopeka,%2BKansas%26um% 3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

Wuducynn
04-09-2008, 06:04 PM

Charlie the Choo Choo? (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.travelks.com/images/Listing/5751-Gage%2520Park%2520-%2520train.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.travelks.com/s/index.cfm%3FLID%3D5751%26QString%3DTripSearch%253D a%2526Keywords%253D%2526Page%253D508&h=323&w=364&sz=42&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=VhbOBBzackz3hM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGage%2BPark,%2BTopeka,%2BKansas%26um% 3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

http://www.travelks.com/images/Listing/5751-Gage%20Park%20-%20train.jpg[/URL]

[URL="http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lasr.net/images/attractions/KS0305006a013.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php%3FTopeka%26Kansas%26City_ID%3DKS0305006%2 6VA%3DY%26Attraction_ID%3DKS0305006a013&h=216&w=291&sz=13&hl=en&start=5&um=1&tbnid=27snbQ0jX3WvgM:&tbnh=85&tbnw=115&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGage%2BPark,%2BTopeka,%2BKansas%26um% 3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN"]Park Entrance (http://www.travelks.com/images/Listing/5751-Gage%20Park%20-%20train.jpg)

http://www.lasr.net/images/attractions/KS0305006a013.jpg

The Carousel (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.travelks.com/images/Listing/5753-Gage%2520Park%2520-%2520carousel%2520-%2520Mark%2520Hood.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.travelks.com/s/index.cfm%3FLID%3D5753%26QString%3DTripSearch%253D a%2526Keywords%253D%2526Page%253D388&h=235&w=364&sz=26&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=hKt3yVeewPxlAM:&tbnh=78&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGage%2BPark,%2BTopeka,%2BKansas%26um% 3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

http://www.travelks.com/images/Listing/5753-Gage%20Park%20-%20carousel%20-%20Mark%20Hood.jpg

Yeah, so do I... :harrier:

turtlex
04-10-2008, 02:58 AM
This internet thing... it just might catch on!

Keep the addresses coming!

Letti
04-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Can adults travel with that train?

Daghain
04-10-2008, 09:42 PM
I would think so - we had one of a similar scale in my hometown, and adults could ride.

Oh, DT get-together 2010 - Gage Park!!!! We can take over the train! :lol:

Unfound One
04-10-2008, 10:18 PM
That would be so excellent :)

Letti
04-10-2008, 10:31 PM
I can imagine all the members on that tiny train. :D

MonteGss
04-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Would they allow us to take carry-on beer? :D

sarah
04-11-2008, 07:18 AM

Park Entrance (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lasr.net/images/attractions/KS0305006a013.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php%3FTopeka%26Kansas%26City_ID%3DKS0305006%2 6VA%3DY%26Attraction_ID%3DKS0305006a013&h=216&w=291&sz=13&hl=en&start=5&um=1&tbnid=27snbQ0jX3WvgM:&tbnh=85&tbnw=115&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGage%2BPark,%2BTopeka,%2BKansas%26um% 3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

:panic: I'm totally freaked out. :scared:

does anyone know if the park bench where Mia/Susannah sat to put on shoes is real?

I know that Reg (from tdt.net) Went and read the final pages of DT VII somewhere around there but I can't remember his post. (It was over three years ago. :lol:)

Wuducynn
04-11-2008, 07:30 AM
The little turtle park is real, I know that. I've seen pictures of it. Also, Turtle Bay is real. In fact their neighborhood association's logo is of a turtle with a rose in its mouth.. :cool:

MonteGss
04-11-2008, 07:32 AM
The "turtle park" is real but there is definitely no turtle sculpture there. At least not when I was there last year.

jayson
04-11-2008, 07:33 AM
The little turtle park is real, I know that. I've seen pictures of it. Also, Turtle Bay is real. In fact their neighborhood association's logo is of a turtle with a rose in its mouth.. :cool:

very cool matthew. here is the logo for those who want to see...

http://i29.tinypic.com/seofhz.gif

Wuducynn
04-11-2008, 07:34 AM
I've seen pictures of the turtle sculpture with the fountain..

Here is their logo I mentioned - http://www.turtlebay-nyc.org/images/turtlelogo.gif

MonteGss
04-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Well I would love to see where this supposed sculpture is...because it must have been invisible when I walked around the area of The Corner. Unless of course the fountain that you speak of is in a different location...

Wuducynn
04-11-2008, 07:38 AM
I don't know, all I know is I've seen several shots of a turtle fountain that is supposed to be in a little park in Turtle Bay.

Wuducynn
04-11-2008, 07:40 AM
You know what would be wicked rad? To have a Dark Tower-themed park with all kinds of highly detailed stone and metal statues of various characters and symbols from the saga, with streams and fountains running all over the place..if there was ever a place like that I might never want to leave.

MonteGss
04-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Damn! I am pissed I missed that then! I only really got to visit 46th and 2nd and didn't really venture around much past those blocks. I got good pictures of Dag Ham building and the park across the street. :) Perhaps the Turtle Park with the sculpture is in a different location.

Wuducynn
04-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Damn! I am pissed I missed that then! I only really got to visit 46th and 2nd and didn't really venture around much past those blocks. I got good pictures of Dag Ham building and the park across the street. :) Perhaps the Turtle Park with the sculpture is in a different location.

Must be...I think someone even posted the pictures over on .Net.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-11-2008, 08:29 AM
You know what would be wicked rad? To have a Dark Tower-themed park with all kinds of highly detailed stone and metal statues of various characters and symbols from the saga, with streams and fountains running all over the place..if there was ever a place like that I might never want to leave.

... and shoot-outs in the street. Yeah.

Daghain
04-11-2008, 09:19 AM
All right, I need to win the lotto and get a house with a BIG back yard. Then start commissioning some sculptures...

I do live one town away from a town very into its sculpture, Loveland, CO (http://www.ci.loveland.co.us/cultural_services/cultural_services_aipp.htm).

Now I just need that winning ticket. :lol:

turtlex
04-11-2008, 11:18 AM
My list so far :

Location / City / Address :
982 Michigan Ave. Detroit, MI
E 46 ST and 2 AV, NYC
End-World
Eyebolt Canyon
Gage Park, Topeka, Kansas
Gilead
Hambry
Mid-World
New Caanan
Turtle Park

I'm sure there are more. Keep them coming!

Unfound One
04-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Mejis
The Callas
Fedic
Lud
Tull

MonteGss
04-11-2008, 01:40 PM
:lol:
I thought you were only interested in the real places, not the fictional ones like Mejis, Callas and other parts of Mid-World.

Wuducynn
04-11-2008, 02:05 PM
They're fictional??? :o

Unfound One
04-11-2008, 06:06 PM
They're fictional??? :o

Aww hell naw! :panic:

turtlex
04-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Guess I should have been more precise - I'm looking for everything and anything. You never know what you're goinig to run into. Maybe there is a city called Lud someplace! I know on a road trip once I kept seeing MidLand trucking everywhere and that was fun.

I usually do a road trip every year, two weeks or so, and I know I'm seeing things that are DT familiar, but really want a compiled list. Yeah, the geek in me comes shining through!

Thanks for all your input so far - keep it coming!

Mark
04-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Would 'Salem's lot count? GWB is in there, Brooklyn, Nebraska is mntioned, would that count? Vegas is ALSO mentioned.

turtlex
04-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Would 'Salem's lot count? GWB is in there, Brooklyn, Nebraska is mntioned, would that count? Vegas is ALSO mentioned.

Thanks, but now - I'm focusing on Dark Tower only. I think that's going to be a big enough undertaking right now! :D

sarah
04-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Good call. Start with the dark tower and then move on to the other books that tie into the series. The Dark Tower is already a big undertaking.

ptgh86
06-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find any map of the worlds in the Dark Tower series. More specifically, maps of Mid World and End World.

Erin
06-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey ptgh86! Welcome to the site! Let me search around a bit for you and see what I can find.

John_and_Yoko
06-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I'd like one, too--I have The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance, but I'm not satisfied with the maps therein, because they don't all connect in my mind into a single, unified whole, as I'd like (you know, the kind that folds out of the book?).

So let me know too, if you find anything like that.

Darkthoughts
06-18-2008, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I also find the concordance maps to be lacking in substance.

I'd be interested in anything you find too Erin, I've been preparing some cartridge paper to look like parchment for a DT map project - so I'm putting together all the DT maps I can find for reference :thumbsup:

Erin
06-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Hey now. I was looking for this thread forever last night and couldn't find it. Advanced search turned up nothing regarding "maps". :lol:

Awesome Lisa! I'll keep looking around, i'm sure some fan out there has done something else than what's in this thread.

Mark
06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
I'd like a map also, i've put lots of thought into Rolands world, I'm pretty damn sure that In-world is actually the furthest from the tower, 'cause Roland goes through mid-world, then end-world, so, in is it called in world, if it's on the outside?

daveg344
06-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Whats always got me is that Roland starts in the desert then goes back around, presumably, where hes been before to follow the beam.

Maybe its been a while but how does he end up there?
Does he disregard the Tower temporarily to pursue the man in black? Or does he need the man in black to find out how to get to the tower.
I probably just need to read it again.

cozener
06-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey Erin I want a map too but instead of emailing it or something you can just give me a hard copy when we meet in Versailles. :drool:

Wuducynn
06-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey Erin I want a map too but instead of emailing it or something you can just give me a hard copy when we meet in Versailles. :drool:

Wouldn't your wife object? You bald freak of nature on two legs.

Erin
06-26-2008, 09:52 AM

Cononach
06-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey. Sorry if this has been posted a hundred times before, but I thought it was interesting enough to share anyway.

I've found here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&t=h&layer=c&cbll=39.056199,-95.727937&panoid=UY7T9d563shd0wRFU4LP8Q&cbp=2,275.67252691592796,,0,0.8087737035749462&ll=39.071712,-95.726023&spn=0.030985,0.04652&z=15) an image of the real Charlie the Choo-Choo in Gage Park, Topeka, Kansas. Looks like Engineer Bob is working away.

sarah
06-29-2008, 07:06 PM
cool. I haven't seen the actual live map before. Thanks for posting.

Welcome to the site, Cononach :D

we do have a gage park thread and I'm going to merge this.

bluelph24
07-14-2008, 10:39 AM
can i egt an email of the map?

cozener
07-14-2008, 11:05 AM

Wouldn't your wife object? You bald freak of nature on two legs. Damn...I didn't think about that. :orely: I would invite her along but someone has to watch the kids. I'll have to figure some way around all this. Dammit...why can't anything be simple anymore?! :pullhair:

The Lady of Shadows
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
map? map? what map? can i have a map? i'll pay for a map. really, i'm not above bribery. as i think certain members here will attest to. :) :fairy:

Wuducynn
07-14-2008, 08:36 PM
I would invite her along but someone has to watch the kids. I'll have to figure some way around all this. Dammit...why can't anything be simple anymore?! :pullhair:

Let them fend for themselves, an early lesson in responsibility. What are they? Five or six, something like that? They should be living on their own by now anyway.

Brice
07-15-2008, 05:23 AM

Frozen-rpg
07-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Whats always got me is that Roland starts in the desert then goes back around, presumably, where hes been before to follow the beam.

Maybe its been a while but how does he end up there?
Does he disregard the Tower temporarily to pursue the man in black? Or does he need the man in black to find out how to get to the tower.
I probably just need to read it again.

I guess the way I took it was that he was following Walter and not searching for the tower. Maybe Walter lead him in the direction of the foundation of the beam on purpose, but I did not believe Roland had any intention of going there origionally it was more he went where Walter did. Maybe once he killed Walter he would head towards the tower; but it was not his priority.

Fathers Face
07-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Question : How would you make a map of a world that has moved on and still moving on and were time is constantly slipping ?
Hate to be the only one not in favor of this sorry guys and girls.

Wuducynn
07-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Question : How would you make a map of a world that has moved on and still moving on and were time is constantly slipping ?
Hate to be the only one not in favor of this sorry guys and girls.

It would cover before Mid-World started to move on and even after. Even though directions and time was adrift at times, it wasn't always that way, even while it was adrift.

mia/susannah
07-19-2008, 05:39 AM
I would love to have a map as well. Please!!

Priest
04-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Hi everybody,

first i want to say hello , and how great it is that such a place like
thedarktower.org exists. I read the series 4 Years ago , and just startet
to here the book last week - in preparation for my New York visit this Year
in Mai.

I was bored the last hour and created a map with all (or maybe all)
spot in the "real-world" that are connected to the dark tower books that are
visitable and created this map :

http://maps.google.de/maps/ms?hl=de&ie=UTF8&msa=19&msid=106495199882720318102.000467bb67c79718b9462

Maybe you will have some comments for me, if im wrong or if i missed something and maybe this map will help somebody who has the same idea
like i have.

Feel free to give your mind on that , im would be happy if somebody
like this like i do ;)

cheers
priest

Matt
04-17-2009, 06:48 AM
That is actually really cool priest and a great resource for anyone who is visiting the city, thanks for putting it up here.

sarah
04-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Wow that is fantastic. Thanks for putting that together, Priest and welcome to the site.

alinda
04-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey Priest,
Welcome to the site, I am at work so I havent seen your map yet,
but that won't stop me from thanking you foor taking the time to
creat and post it here on the boards.I look forward to viewing it
later when I get home from work.
Very cool first post by the way...:D

Chap
04-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Very nice man, good stuff! :thumbshup:
there was a thread here earlier where people had posted pictures from some of the places mentioned in the books. Would be cool to combine that with your map :D

jayson
04-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Good work Priest. It makes me miss NYC. Welcome to the site. :D

gsvec
04-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Nice job, Priest! You'll need to take pics while you're in NYC of all your points and post them! Welcome to the site.

The King of Kings
04-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Is there not any street views?

Claude Clay
04-18-2009, 05:50 PM
good map & i rather forgot i was in NYC 1976/77.
lived on mcdougaul and could see washington sq park from my front window.
worked at 1 park ave....5th & 42nd.

i dont remember seeing susanna; or jake get pushed.
i do remember the helicopter crashing/ falling off of the pan-am building. looked out my office window on the 14th floor six blocks to the north to see the chopper hanging half off the roof. manic cool.
the big blackout was pretty cool also.no lights, no traffic lights, people talking to strangers--uber cool

Priest
04-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Hello Everybody,

first of all thanks a lot for this very warm and surpricing welcom here in the
forum. i did not expect this feedback for this small map i made, but
it make me smie to read your posts.

After that i will keep on working in this map and tell you if anything changes aor new content was added - oif course i will take pictures of all the spots and share them with you.

Everybody is invited to give me more informations on that
taht i might have forgotten !!

Long days, pleasant nights
Priest

alinda
04-20-2009, 12:53 AM
:D I for one look forward to it!

turtlex
04-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Priest, I think it's great... if you keep it up, even better !!

Oh, I can't seem to list out the street addresses themselves... does anyone have them?

Priest
04-20-2009, 05:18 AM
i will add them top the map tonight !
so just come back in some hours.

priest

turtlex
04-20-2009, 05:27 AM
Dude, you rock my world !! Thanks !

Priest
04-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey everybody,

small update:

added the street names, and some additional content.
also changed the 8 magic blocks line - as it was wrong ;))

Priest

turtlex
04-20-2009, 07:22 AM
:couple: Awesome!

And thanks for adding the comments regarding the connection to the books!

Bravo.

Darkthoughts
04-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Hey Priest!

Awesome work :thumbsup: I have merged with this existing thread so it's easier for reference.

Chap
05-04-2009, 12:57 PM
street view of the Tet corporation HQ :)

araxhiel
08-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Well, this is my first post (I think...:orely:) and I hope that you don't feel offended with my (almost) noob questions :panic: I'm not a expert in DT series, but I enjoyed reading the first 6 books and the comics.

Ok, in the comics, well in the Extras of the comics, are depicted some maps about the DT universe (Barony Of New Canaan, Barony Of Mejis and End-World). There exists more maps than these ones?

And If exists, where I can find some of them?

I know, somewhere I read that could be impossible to find maps, by the simple reason that the world has moved on and could be quite difficult to make a map based in a wicked geography, but what about the time that the Fall Of Gilead? before the world started to move?

Ok, another one: I read in some (very) old posts that in DarkTower.net there are a map depicting the Roland's Quest (at least until the 4 book, If my memory don't fail me). But that website don't work anymore, it only shows a image of Roland with the Tower behind him. Anyone knows what happened with that website? Or, where I can find that map?

OK, the last one (I hope :orely:): Why does the TowerPedia! omit some information about the guardians of beam? Like the names of the guardians or those who venerating them, just like it appears in the comics, or the mention of the ceremony known as "Invoking The Guardians". It could be that the comics aren't a official source?

Well, I hope that my questions are not so annoying that I think :(

Thanks in advance...

Long Days And Pleasant Nights...

P.S. = Excuse my wierd english, I'm not so good writing (grammar kills me ><)

cody44
08-18-2009, 08:30 PM
I look at the comics as an addition to series, but it isn't from the series therefore its almost viewed by most as fanfiction. If Stephen was to write it though, then it would be official.

Reviarc
08-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Ok, another one: I read in some (very) old posts that in DarkTower.net there are a map depicting the Roland's Quest (at least until the 4 book, If my memory don't fail me). But that website don't work anymore, it only shows a image of Roland with the Tower behind him. Anyone knows what happened with that website? Or, where I can find that map?

TDT.net used to be "the official" fan site kind of like this one is now. It was ran by one dude before it got bought from another dude. With promises that this new guy would do a much better job, in the long run he apparently did not as the site failed shortly after the transfer. I don't believe there are any means of getting old data from TDT.net as its an empty server these days. Might want to try a Google image search for "Dark Tower Maps" though?

turtlex
08-19-2009, 03:11 AM
Hey - Welcome everyone. :grouphug:

Fine Friends you should check out this thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=2600) for talk of maps and such.

And please join us over in the Comic Tower for discussion on the comic books!!

And really, it's discussed over at the Comic Tower, but Sai King approved of the comic book content so we consider them canon. :shrugs:

pathoftheturtle
08-20-2009, 08:13 AM
...I read that could be impossible to find maps, by the simple reason that the world has moved on and could be quite difficult to make a map based in a wicked geography, but what about the time that the Fall Of Gilead? before the world started to move? ...Not only space is fluid in Roland's world, but time as well. All of which is a way for SKing to suggest a legendary world which is not rationally definable.

flaggwalkstheline
08-20-2009, 10:23 AM
And really, it's discussed over at the Comic Tower, but Sai King approved of the comic book content so we consider them canon. :shrugs:

We DO?!

clearly some people like myself consider that to be a point of contention:pirate:

I know that map araxhiel is referring to, it was really good, I'm pretty sure I've seen it after DT.net went belly up... is it stored somewhere in our archives?

Jean
08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
clearly some people like myself consider that to be a point of contention:pirate: Not only people.http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearmood_intelectual.gif

turtlex
08-20-2009, 01:26 PM

We DO?!

clearly some people like myself consider that to be a point of contention:pirate:

I know that map araxhiel is referring to, it was really good, I'm pretty sure I've seen it after DT.net went belly up... is it stored somewhere in our archives?

clearly some people like myself consider that to be a point of contention:pirate: Not only people.http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearmood_intelectual.gif

Well... as far as the Towerpedia, they're considered canon, on account of being approved by Sai King.

flaggwalkstheline
08-20-2009, 02:11 PM

We DO?!

Well... as far as the Towerpedia, they're considered canon, on account of being approved by Sai King.

Sai King approved and created Maximum overdrive

care to explain how THAT fits into the tower mythology?

I kid, I kid

I understand what you're saying but my response to the comics from the moment they said sheemy was experimented on by robots was to cover my ears, bite, my tongue and stab out my eyes in order to pretend they don't exist