PDA

View Full Version : Lollapalooza 2008!

Unfound One
04-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Lollapalooza 2008 looks like a good time.
We should probably be there.
August 1-3, Grant Park, Chicago
Who's with me?*

Seriously though, check out the lineup:

Radiohead

Rage Against the Machine

Nine Inch Nails

Kanye West

Wilco
The Raconteurs
Love and Rockets
Gnarls Barkley
Bloc Party
The Black Keys
Broken Social Scene
Flogging Molly
Mark Ronson
Cat Power
Lupe Fiasco
The National
G. Love & Special Sauce
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
Explosions in the Sky
Brand New
Gogol Bordello
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
Dierks Bentley
Okkervil River
Amadou & Mariam
Blues Traveler
John Butler Trio
Girl Talk
CSS
Battles
Jamie Lidell
Butch Walker
Mates of State
Spank Rock
Brazilian Girls
Chromeo
Duffy
The Kills
Rogue Wave
The Go! Team
Mason Jennings
The Gutter Twins
Yeasayer
Grizzly Bear
MGMT
The Weakerthans
Booka Shade
Santogold
Black Kids
Black Lips
Louis XIV
Dr. Dog
Nicole Atkins & the Sea
The Ting Tings
Kid Sister
Office
The Cool Kids
What Made Milwaukee Famous
Does It Offend You, Yeah?
The Whigs
Manchester Orchestra
Foals
Uffie
The Octopus Project
Cadence Weapon
Ferras
De Novo Dahl
Noah and the Whale
Margot & the Nuclear So and So's
K'NAAN
Serena Ryder
Newton Faulkner
Your Vegas
"Eli ""Paperboy"" Reed & The True Loves"
Steel Train
Bang Camaro
The Blakes
Tally Hall
White Lies
Magic Wands
Electric Touch
Innerpartysystem
The Postelles
The Parlor Mob
DJ Bald Eagle
Krista
Ha Ha Tonka
Witchcraft
We Go To 11
Sofia Talvik

Of if you'd prefer a pretty copy: http://www.lollapalooza.com/2008_files/Poster/Lolla_Promo_Poster_08.pdf

*Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure I'll be there - I make no promises.
But I want to be.
And I want to see who else wants to be as well.

educatedlady
04-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I want to be there...but I highly doubt I will be.

mia/susannah
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
I have never heard of Lollapalooza. I take it is some kind of big concert. Is that a list of bands. If it is, I have never heard of any of them.

devo133
04-07-2008, 01:24 PM
I have never heard of Lollapalooza. I take it is some kind of big concert. Is that a list of bands. If it is, I have never heard of any of them.

really??? I guess you don't ever listen to rock. Even Lollapalooza was on an episode of the Simpsons.

Darkthoughts
04-07-2008, 01:25 PM
G Love are sooooo cool live!! I've seen them twice :thumbsup:

Rjeso
04-07-2008, 02:39 PM
:lol: G. Love and Special Sauce. That's enough to make me wanna go right there, but Gnarls Barkley and The Raconteurs and NIN are big draws too. ;) And Blues Traveler. Popper's the man.

Unfound One
04-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm really effing excited about Rage, Kanye, MGMT, Explosions in the Sky. Flogging Molly could be fun too. :)

OchrisO
04-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Flogging Molly would be the band that I wanted to see most out of that lineup. Gogol Bordello, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, Rage, and The Weakerthans would all be fun as well. I'm sure that I will be insanely broke around taht time, though.

Scoogs
04-07-2008, 06:34 PM
I'd really like to see Radiohead again, but $200+ a ticket kills me. Sure it's 3 days and loads of good bands, but it's also like 30,000 people and the setlists always seem smaller at festivals.

obscurejude
04-07-2008, 10:46 PM
I don't like the festivals. Its hard to connect to the music for me personally.

"A million fans, ignoring the bands"

Elliott Smith, New Monkey

Unfound One
04-07-2008, 10:47 PM
I've never been to a festival, so we'll see.
The odds of this actually happening for me are slim...

obscurejude
04-07-2008, 10:49 PM
You might like it SJ, I don't want to encourage you not to go. But I've been sorely disappointed in the past.

Darkthoughts
04-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Blues Traveller! Man, I missed their name on the list...well I know what cd's I'll be digging out today ;)

mia/susannah
04-08-2008, 03:44 AM

really??? I guess you don't ever listen to rock. Even Lollapalooza was on an episode of the Simpsons.

I dont listen to to much music. My favorie is country but I liike rock from the 70's. and 80's mostly. But I do like some of my girls music. Avenged Sevenfold, and a couple others that I cannot name because I don't know the band

jayson
04-08-2008, 04:15 AM
I don't like the festivals. Its hard to connect to the music for me personally.

same here. i prefer bands in their actual context, rather than the "greatest hits" shows they usually put on for a festival gig. that said, if you like festivals, there are a lot of good bands in that line-up and anyone who goes and does not see Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings should have their heads examined. some of us are of generations who missed out on James Brown in his prime, DON'T MISS SHARON JONES!

towerguard
04-13-2008, 04:25 AM
The chance of getting close enough to Kanye West or John Popper to call them both douche bags is worth the ticket price. j/k (sorta)

I want to see NIN and RATM so bad, not being able to go is going to kill me. The Raconteurs and Flogging Molly would be awesome too.

obscure jude - "A million fans, ignoring the bands"

That seems to be exactly the experience I have evertime I see a show in downtown chicago. It's like they're there to be at the certain place, not because a band they love is there.

e_taylor
05-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Why is Wilco not bolded?! Its Chicago!!! C'mon! They are without doubt the greatest band no ones ever heard of.

I'll be there.... its a long drive and an expensive trip, but its always worth it.

Last year we wandered around downtown Chicago wearing our Canadian flags like capes, and we ran into Sam Roberts, he seemed to like having fellow Canucks around, so we headed to a bar and he bought us all a round!

razz
05-27-2008, 02:12 PM
while i've never been to lollapalopazoola,or spared it more than one thought at a single time, when i was younger, i thought it was llama palooza.
also, i've heard of like three people on that list. Dierks Bently's what caught my eye.

The Lady of Shadows
05-27-2008, 07:13 PM
while i've never been to lollapalopazoola,or spared it more than one thought at a single time, when i was younger, i thought it was llama palooza.
also, i've heard of like three people on that list. Dierks Bently's what caught my eye.

llama palooza.

:rofl:mao