PDA

View Full Version : Drabbles

StevensSon
04-03-2008, 08:08 AM
"Jake's Knight"
by StevensSon (July 11, 2007)

He could kill me; he just may but I feel, no hope, that he doesn’t because he is my father.
At least I want him to be.
A father I can respect and love.
He is no boardroom media shark. He is a gunslinger.
A traveler of time and space and I want to remain with him to the end of his journey, to the Dark Tower.
He is patient with me and teaches, in his way, the way of Eld he calls it but I know he means Arthur and the round table.
My father is the last knight.

mia/susannah
04-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Are you a poet by trade? You are very good. I enjoy reading your words

Jean
04-03-2008, 11:30 PM
StevensSon: thank you for posting.

If it is a poem, it will be moved to Bird&Bear (unfortunately you can't be pm'ed, so I moved your previous thread without notifying you) maybe you would like to make a thread for all your poems? What would you like it to be called?

StevensSon
04-04-2008, 08:06 AM
StevensSon: thank you for posting.

If it is a poem, it will be moved to Bird&Bear (unfortunately you can't be pm'ed, so I moved your previous thread without notifying you) maybe you would like to make a thread for all your poems? What would you like it to be called?

If you would like to make a home for all of my inklings then I would title it

"The Song Of StevensSon"

19 letters ya kin.

Thank you both for commenting.

I am sorry that I dd not post the King World in the proper forum, and I shall post them there in the future.

I do write quite a number of DRABBLES (100 words exactly) or DOUBLE DRABBLES (200 words, duh) So IF you wanted to just leave those here that is cool.
I also do Drabbles in Poem form and shall post those under the Poem Forum.

I can be reached at my e-mail addy;
thomastharp3@allstate.com

Thankee big big

PS

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema.
"I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

StevensSon
04-04-2008, 08:18 AM
"Dead End"
By StevensSon (Sept 11, 2007)

Fewer cars on the turnpike today and I feel the weather changing. It smells like it, and that’s funny considering before Roland yanked me into this, I couldn’t smell my own farts.
Roland doesn’t know how much further or doesn’t want to tell.
He’s rolling a smoke with his bad hand easy as you please, Suzie poking the fire watches the sparks, and Jake plays catch with Oy
Standing guard sucks.
Why bother since everything in this Kansas is dead.
Hearing his story of Hambry mayhap everything around Roland is dead, or is gonna be, and our exits up next.

StevensSon
04-07-2008, 11:28 AM
DT VII Spoilers!!!!!

"Drawn Together"
By StevensSon

It was crazy from the start
He was from the 1980’s and she from the 1960’s
She was Negro and he White
He was younger
She had no legs
He was a junkie
She was rich
He was co-dependant
She was schizophrenic
Both were Drawn into another world, another time, by Roland.
They were alone for a moment, she showed him the first star of night, and holding hands, wished.

It was crazy from the start

He died in her arms

She met him again in another world, at Christmas time.
He brought Hot Cocoa.

Susannah, Eddie, and brother Jake!

***end spoiler

mia/susannah
04-07-2008, 11:44 AM
I love your poems. You are very talented. Keep up the good work.

StevensSon
04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks you for the help with the Spoilers Warnings thang, I'll figure it all out sooner or later. ;-{>

poems rhyme, Drabbles are just 100 words exactly.

Thank you very kindly for sayin'

StevensSon
04-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Black House Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!

"Right Here And Now"
By StevensSon

Sophie credited the Territories; Speedy said it was traces from the Talisman that healed his mortal wounds received over in Coulee County. Probably each in tandem, since no one thing could have saved Jack, he knew it was Speedy that had saved him time and again, and Jack considered Speedy his personal angel.
Jack pressed them concerning the gunslingers trying to reach the Dark Tower in End-World to save the last Beam.
He was still a coppiceman.
“Not your fight Jack.” Speedy said, “Your part’s played.”
Jack looked into Sophie’s eyes and knew where he belonged, right here and now.

***end spoilers

MonteGss
04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
?

Jean
04-07-2008, 10:35 PM
ok, now that I more or less figured out what a drabble is:

1. This is a catalogue thread for all of them. A new drabble can be posted in a separate thread, then it will be merged with this thread.

2. Since it wouldn't look quite cosher to pollute any creative writing with spoiler boxes, the only way out I see is to put a prominent warning to the titles of such posts/threads, and then leave blank space both before and after the text.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema.
couldn't agree more...

StevensSon
04-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Spoilers Dark Tower I The Gunslinger.

“The Gunslinger”
by StevensSon Jan. 19, 2006
Dedicated to Shiela for Drawing me into Mid-World

The light had gone out of him.
It’s ka, he kept telling himself, letting Jake go.
Within his heart he hated the way truth would strangle all those that fought to wrest free from its cold grip.
Roland had wanted to save the boy but blind determination devoured his reason, compassion, and humanity
Simple thoughts of hate, revenge and even reason, had long since abandoned him and a false sense of duty beguiled his inner being causing him to live a depraved existence of pursuit, living for death.
Jake was the price he paid to catch the man in black