PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hill's Locke & Key

Nerak
04-03-2008, 02:29 AM
If you haven't picked it up, you should. Issue #3 comes out this month.

Joe will be at http://www.granitecon.com/ can't wait to hit it!

Patrick
04-03-2008, 02:46 AM
I've got these on order at my local comic store. Hopefully they'll be there later today.

Nerak
04-03-2008, 05:16 AM
I haven't seen mine yet, my brother in law picked them up for me, but from what I have seen online, they are wicked!!

funky dredd
04-03-2008, 05:37 AM
I have the first two and was going to pre-order 3 and 4 only my card was set to expire, so I got the new one and now I can no longer pre-order it as it's sold out. So now I have to find the 3rd somewhere, I ordered 4 & 5 last night. I sent an email to TFAW as I have done business with them in the past and currently am doing business with the Locke & Key series, hopefully they have extras and can send me one.

Bev Vincent
04-03-2008, 05:39 AM
I wasn't taken with the first issue, but I really liked part 2, now that the story is really getting under way.

Nerak
04-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Bev, is #3 out yet?

Bev Vincent
04-03-2008, 07:37 AM
I didn't see it. I picked up #2 yesterday when I got The Long Road Home #2.

#2 came out March 12, so I figure #3 should be out on a similar schedule.

Nerak
04-03-2008, 10:22 AM
cool, I posted the same ? on Joe's site, hopefully someone will know

EXPLORER
04-03-2008, 12:52 PM
#1 was interesting and #2 gets ya craving for #3 to be out ASAP..

Patrick
04-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Our local comic store sold out of Locke & Key long before I remembered to ask about it in mid-March. Today I finally got a copy of the first issue, can't wait to read it. :)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/JHPatrick/Comics/LockeKey1.jpg

Darkthoughts
04-05-2008, 10:59 AM
That, like the Long Road Home comics, will be an ebay job for me I think!
I love the cover!

Patrick
04-05-2008, 03:07 PM
That, like the Long Road Home comics, will be an ebay job for me I think!
I love the cover!
Lisa, PM me your address. :)

funky dredd
04-09-2008, 09:12 AM
I am so frustrated.....I cannot find Locke & Key #3 in my area and I can't even order it from my usual place! I guess I'll have to wait for them to hit ebay or something :(

herbertwest
04-09-2008, 10:48 AM
so far, i quite like the comic

Patrick
04-09-2008, 11:46 AM
I am so frustrated.....I cannot find Locke & Key #3 in my area and I can't even order it from my usual place! I guess I'll have to wait for them to hit ebay or something :(
Joe Hill's website said that today's release may only hit major metropolitan areas, with the rest of the country getting it over the next week.

Míchéal
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
When did issue one come out and how often are the issues?

Nerak
04-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Issue one came out Feb. 20th. and they come out once a month

EXPLORER
04-09-2008, 05:01 PM
I believe there are rerelease (reprints) of #1 and # 2 which should be reaching stores as well.. I have not found a store with #3 yet, however guess i need to get scouting or making some calls.

Randall Flagg
04-09-2008, 07:31 PM
My store-20 miles away, has an ample supply of all issues.

Patrick
04-09-2008, 08:04 PM
That's great, Jerome. My local store gets very few. They have to order 2nd printings of the first two issues.

If your store has a first printing of issue #2, I'd be glad if you could pick one up for me. I'll reimburse the costs. If they are second printings, I'll get one of those from my local guy.

It's a great story so far as I've read. :thumbsup:

funky dredd
04-10-2008, 04:46 AM
Joe Hill's website said that today's release may only hit major metropolitan areas, with the rest of the country getting it over the next week.
Yes, well aware of that. But I was trying to pre-order it before they sold out. My problem was that I couldn't pre-order it earlier because my card was going to expire, so I had to wait and then when I got it I couldn't order it because they were all sold out. My (shady) comic shop doesn't even carry it and won't even order it because he say's there is no demand for it (weak excuse) and the other comic shop (which is an hour's drive away) has already sold out. I have already ordered #4 & #5 so there won't be any of this mess again.

herbertwest
04-11-2008, 12:16 PM
they got some of the 3rd issue in Einburgh (UK)

Matt
04-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I have a copy of number 2 signed by Joe Hill for the giveaway :lol:

Donate if you can!!

Nerak
04-11-2008, 04:44 PM
oooo....NICE!

I just picked up my copy of #3 today. Still can't friggen read them though, cause my brother-in-law picked up #s 1&2 for me and they still have them. If gas wasn't so damned expensive, I would just drive up there to get them. LOL But my sister has been working on the weekends and can't go visit with her at the same time.

So I will wait. Thinking I may wait to get them all together before I read it anyway. Can't stand waiting for much! LOL

NeedfulKings
04-12-2008, 03:35 PM
I haven't got to my comic store this week. I wish TLRH and L&K were released on the same day! :lol:

The story is VERY intriguing though and I am loving the illustrations!!!! Rodriguez shows up on Joe's board from time to time. He's great!!!!

CRinVA
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Just picked up L&K # 3 and on the back is an advertisement that caught my eye. I think it said Wrightson to return to inking his own drawings or something like that. I left my copy in the car and can't get back to the car for a couple of hours. But it definitely caught my eye!

alinda
04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
I am ready to read more JH. Something tells me, I'm
going to be helping a new generation of Kings to
live large!! I do like the way he writes.

herbertwest
04-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Dont you guys think that the 2nd and 3rd episod with the guy in jail remember something in IT by his dad?

Nerak
05-16-2008, 05:47 AM
Issue 4 was released May 14!

This series is incredible!!!!

Patrick
05-24-2008, 10:48 PM
I need to get the fourth issue, but based on the first three, this series is great!

Nerak
05-25-2008, 03:05 AM
Patrick, you have issue four coming to you, remember...from the comic convention...

funky dredd
05-25-2008, 07:15 AM
He doesn't remember.... shhhhhhhh!

:D

turtlex
05-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Check out a CGC 9.9 of issue 1 at eBay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/CGC-9-9-Joe-Hills-Locke-Key-1-1st-Print-Kings-Son_W0QQitemZ220238830449QQihZ012QQcategoryZ3981QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There's a buy it now of US $324.95.

Nerak
05-25-2008, 06:06 PM
that guy is nuckin futs!!!!!!!!

MonteGss
05-26-2008, 06:09 AM
Wow. I am not into comics and just recently am getting into Joe Hill. I have not seen these comics around. I found the first 4 issues on eBay but holy cripes are they expensive! I guess I found them too late. :(
I'll of course keeping looking but does anyone know is the publisher planning to release the series in hardcover afterwards?

herbertwest
05-26-2008, 06:56 AM
Interesting informations, extracted from the auction...

- The print run on this was only 8,000 copies (according to the publisher..apparently)
- The film and television rights to this series has already been picked up by Dimension Films, and everything points towards this being a smash hit. (i didnt hear about this).
did you?

turtlex
05-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Check out comic book stores online - you can get comics from them, and some backorders.

Personally, I use www.mycomicshop.com and www.x-worldcomics.com for all my DT stuff. I'm sure they have the Joe Hill or could get them.

funky dredd
05-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Check out comic book stores online - you can get comics from them, and some backorders.

Personally, I use www.mycomicshop.com and www.x-worldcomics.com for all my DT stuff. I'm sure they have the Joe Hill or could get them.

Just adding to the list of online comic shops.
I use
http://www.tfaw.com/

Nerak
05-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't know abput the print run, but the rights were already purchased.

fernandito
06-11-2008, 01:07 PM
I wanted to pick up the first issue when I stopped by my comic store the other day, but they were completely sold out of issues 1 & 2. :arg:

I flipped through a few pages of Issue 3 though, looks interesting.

MonteGss
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
I've been trying to get the first three issues for awhile. I keep watching eBay but all of the prices I've seen so far are too high. I guess I will wait...:)
All the stores around me are out of stock as well.

Nerak
06-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Just picked up issue 5 today. Still have to read #4 first! LOL

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Received my Lock & Key #2 I won in the Giveaway today. Many thanks to Explorer for the donation and Matt and the gang for setting it all up.
:clap: :thumbsup:

fernandito
06-12-2008, 10:13 AM
I've been trying to get the first three issues for awhile. I keep watching eBay but all of the prices I've seen so far are too high.

How much is too high?

If I can't find it on this other comic store that I go to, I'll just order them from Amazon.com :onfire:

MonteGss
06-12-2008, 02:19 PM
You know feve...I honestly didn't even think of Amazon. :(

*rushes to the site*

fernandito
06-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Amazon is always my first choice for ordering stuff, they have EVERYTHING.

MonteGss
06-12-2008, 02:29 PM
With shipping on them...best I've found so far is $50 for all five issues.

EXPLORER
06-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Received my Lock & Key #2 I won in the Giveaway today. Many thanks to Explorer for the donation and Matt and the gang for setting it all up.
:clap: :thumbsup:

Enjoy.... I believe Joe doodled in that one a little. too.. (?)

Bev Vincent
06-13-2008, 02:46 AM
I had a hard time following the chronology of issue 4. The monthlong gap between installments makes it hard for me to keep up with the story. I think I'm going to wait until all the issues are out and reread it from the beginning.

Nerak
06-13-2008, 03:01 AM
good idea, waiting a month drives me nuts too! lol

MonteGss
06-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Finally got all issues released so far! I love them! Great story, nice artwork....very cool.

What a talented family!

Nerak
06-18-2008, 08:40 AM
I am going to wait for vol. 6 before I read them through again. I forget what happens in the one I read the month before! LOL

fernandito
06-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Where did you get them through, Monte?

MonteGss
06-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Where did you get them through, Monte?

Took your advice. :D

fernandito
06-18-2008, 11:40 AM
:thumbsup:

Jimmy
06-21-2008, 03:23 PM
I read the first 5 and I was pleasantly surprised. I like how the focus shifts issue to issue on the 3 kids, Bode being my favorite, and I look forward to 6.

I hate when writers reference Lovecraft though. Make up something yourself, don't crib.

turtlex
06-21-2008, 03:58 PM
I've been seeing a bunch of these comics on eBay with 9.9 and 10 cgc grades. Very cool and very collectible ( not good for reading though ).

Jimmy
06-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I've been seeing a bunch of these comics on eBay with 9.9 and 10 cgc grades. Very cool and very collectible ( not good for reading though ).

You're better off collecting Pogs and Troll dolls, comics really don't make good investment collectibles anymore.

turtlex
06-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh, I am going to have to politely disagree with that.
Comics have been around forever and they will stay around, especially something like the DT comics - a cross collectible ( ie - collectible as both a comic and as a SK item ).

Brice
06-21-2008, 04:36 PM
I hate when writers reference Lovecraft though. Make up something yourself, don't crib.

I actually like it myself. I look at it more as a homage to him myself. Even his contemporaries did it and he encouraged it.

Jimmy
06-21-2008, 06:40 PM
I actually like it myself. I look at it more as a homage to him myself. Even his contemporaries did it and he encouraged it.

I guess I've read too many things where Lovecraft is brought up. He just seems to be the go-to guy for establishing creepiness or horror.

I enjoyed the William Gaines reference though.

Brice
06-21-2008, 06:45 PM

I guess I've read too many things where Lovecraft is brought up. He just seems to be the go-to guy for establishing creepiness or horror.

I enjoyed the William Gaines reference though.

I haven't had a chance to see these yet so, I don't know it yet.

Yeah, he kinda' is. In most cases though it's meant as a tribute to him. At some point in just about every horror writer's career they want to pay tribute to Lovecraft. He pretty much reinvented the genre and has influenced nearly every horror writer. Being a fan of horror since I was a kid I've seen many references to him too.

Jimmy
06-21-2008, 07:04 PM

Yeah, he kinda' is. In most cases though it's meant as a tribute to him. At some point in just about every horror writer's career they want to pay tribute to Lovecraft. He pretty much reinvented the genre and has influenced nearly every horror writer. Being a fan of horror since I was a kid I've seen many references to him too.

Oops, sorry.

I've recently re-read Gaiman's shorts "A Study in Emerald" and "Only the End of the World Again" which both heavily reference Lovecraft, so maybe I'm jaded. But it just seems like he's everywhere.

I also liked Vonnegut's method of referencing writers who never existed and wish more writers would employ such tactics.

Brice
06-21-2008, 07:09 PM

Oops, sorry.

I've recently re-read Gaiman's shorts "A Study in Emerald" and "Only the End of the World Again" which both heavily reference Lovecraft, so maybe I'm jaded. But it just seems like he's everywhere.

I also liked Vonnegut's method of referencing writers who never existed and wish more writers would employ such tactics.

It's cool! Nothing to be sorry for. Personally, I don't believe in spoilers at all. I could read the end on here and it would have no bearing on my enjoyment of the story if it's good.

I think I've got a couple Gaiman shorts in anthologies with heavy Lovecraft references. They may possibly be the same ones. I'm not sure.

Vonnegut was always an original....a brilliant writer.

Jimmy
06-21-2008, 07:11 PM
It's cool! Nothing to be sorry for. Personally, I don't believe in spoilers at all. I could read the end on here and it would have no bearing on my enjoyment of the story if it's good.

I think I've got a couple Gaiman shorts in anthologies with heavy Lovecraft references. They may possibly be the same ones. I'm not sure.

It was only a sign reading "William Gaines High School" or somesuch, not even a spoiler.

I allow it with Gaiman though, he always satisfies.

I miss Vonnegut terribly. I latched onto his work as a boy and was deeply saddened by his loss. Truly a genius, and my pick as the greatest "small" writer of the 20th century.

Brice
06-21-2008, 08:05 PM

It was only a sign reading "William Gaines High School" or somesuch, not even a spoiler.

I allow it with Gaiman though, he always satisfies.

I miss Vonnegut terribly. I latched onto his work as a boy and was deeply saddened by his loss. Truly a genius, and my pick as the greatest "small" writer of the 20th century.

I didn't even realize he was dead. :(

Yeah, Gaiman's awesome!

Ah, I see.

I really need to pick these comics up.

Jimmy
06-22-2008, 07:50 AM
I didn't even realize he was dead. :(

Yeah, Gaiman's awesome!

Ah, I see.

I really need to pick these comics up.

Yes, he passed away in April of last year.

I'm nearly half-done with Gaiman's completed works. I want to read it all within the next 2 years.

It's a good story, not the greatest comic I've ever read, but very competent, and possibly promising if Hill decides to ever do more.

natehorning
07-02-2008, 01:00 AM
When does issue 6 come out?

Nate

Nerak
07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
not for awhile, Gabriel said that since it's going to be a little bigger than the other's that it will take a little longer to get out :(

natehorning
07-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks. Is there a reliable place to keep an eye on the release dates? I asked at the comic store and they said they never really know in advance either.

Nate

Nerak
07-03-2008, 06:27 PM
I usually just check Joe's site. Joe or Gabriel keep us updated.

JRSly
07-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Didn't know this series existed, but picked up the first five issues after hearing about it here. Very good story, told in a great fractured way that unfolds in an interesting way. I'm not the biggest fan of the artwork though...it's competent art...it's done very well, I just don't think it fits this book at all. The cartoonish/anime style undermines the horror aspect a lot for me.

I didn't realize it was a miniseries, I figured it'd have to be...but just didn't know how many issues it might be told across. Seems like there's more story for one more issue, but we'll see how it works out soon...can't wait for the conclusion.

Patrick
07-05-2008, 07:20 PM
I have a lot of catching up to do. Today I finally got issues #4 and #5. So no idea when #6 is going to be released? I'll try to read these two slowly. :lol:

MonteGss
07-30-2008, 06:51 AM
I see that there are now a couple eBays for issue #6. I checked Joe's website and have seen nothing about its release yet.

I suppose the eBay items are presales...?

Nerak
07-30-2008, 08:43 AM
It was released today..shit, have to go get mine.

funky dredd
07-30-2008, 09:11 AM
I had no idea. Looking forward to it :)

MonteGss
07-30-2008, 11:22 AM
...just bought mine!
:)

wizardsrainbow
07-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Just put a note in my calendar to visit my comic shop tomorrow.

Patrick
09-12-2008, 08:49 PM
I've read the first six issues of Locke & Key, which make up the story, "Welcome to Lovecraft".

The hardcover release of that first story arc is scheduled for release October 1st.

The second story arc, "Locke & Key: Head Games" begins in January 2009.

So, now that the first arc is complete, what did you all think?

Nerak
09-13-2008, 05:45 AM
I like it. He defiantly has a flair for comics! Can't wait for January. 24 issues in a row! WOOT! :excited::excited::excited:

funky dredd
09-13-2008, 05:56 AM
I loved it. Not much to say though really, but I have read it 3 times from start to finish :D

Patrick
09-19-2008, 10:27 PM
:lol: That says plenty, Funky. :thumbsup:

funky dredd
09-20-2008, 10:38 AM
:dance: I'll probably read it some more too when I have the opportunity :D

Still Servant
10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
I had no clue that Joe Hill is Stephen King's son until my comic book guy told me.

As a huge King fan, I felt so ashamed. I of course had to purchase Locke & Key as well as The Stand and the DT comics of course.

gsvec
10-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Glad he set ya straight! :)

MonteGss
10-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I like it. He defiantly has a flair for comics! Can't wait for January. 24 issues in a row! WOOT! :excited::excited::excited:

Perhaps I missed something...

What do you mean 24 in a row? Is the next arc 24 issues? Or are the next few arcs going to be released one after another, monthly, with no break?

That would be COOL! :excited:

I bought/read the HC on Wednesday. I liked the story even more the second time through! :)

Still Servant
11-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Does anybody know when the next cycle of Locke & Key is out?

Thanks.

Darkthoughts
12-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Wow.

I've had the HC of Welcome To Lovecraft sat on my "to read" pile for a couple of months and picked it out yesterday...I'm just ashamed now that I let it sit there unread for so long. That was amazing! I loved the story, the artwork, the whole feel of the book. I've ordered Headgames off Amazon just a second ago.

Is everyone still into this series?

Nerak
12-28-2009, 08:32 AM

Perhaps I missed something...

What do you mean 24 in a row? Is the next arc 24 issues? Or are the next few arcs going to be released one after another, monthly, with no break?

That would be COOL! :excited:

I bought/read the HC on Wednesday. I liked the story even more the second time through! :)

His original plan was to do 24 issues straight, one per month. Then that changed into six issue arcs. GRRRR

Brice
12-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow.

I've had the HC of Welcome To Lovecraft sat on my "to read" pile for a couple of months and picked it out yesterday...I'm just ashamed now that I let it sit there unread for so long. That was amazing! I loved the story, the artwork, the whole feel of the book. I've ordered Headgames off Amazon just a second ago.

Is everyone still into this series?

I am. I am right where you are in the series.

Nerak
12-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I am buying them but not reading them. I hate waiting month to month to find out what happens next. I will wait til it's done to read the entire series.

gsvec
12-28-2009, 09:09 AM
I read the first arc as they came out, but have been hoarding everything since to read in one big marathon. Trying to figure out a good cutting-off point, because I don't want to wait another two years!! Then again, I waited to read the DT books until VII came out . . . :orely:

Brice
12-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Then again, I waited to read the DT books until VII came out . . . :orely:

:o :panic:

Brainslinger
12-28-2009, 09:47 AM
I am buying them but not reading them. I hate waiting month to month to find out what happens next. I will wait til it's done to read the entire series.

If you're going to do wait, I'd think it would be cheaper to wait for the collections! Mind you that would mean waiting even longer, but they don't come out that longer after the last issue surely?

I've yet to read Locke and Key by the way, but from the small synopsis I've read it seems very interesting.

Darkthoughts
12-28-2009, 01:18 PM
DO IT Brainslinger!!! Really, it's a fantastic story and concept :thumbsup:

Patrick
12-28-2009, 05:24 PM
I read every issue as soon as it comes out, usually twice. Then I reread it just before reading the new issue to refresh my memory and maintain continuity.

Glad I don't have to choose, but if I did, I would take L&K over the DT comics without question.

Darkthoughts
12-29-2009, 04:43 AM
Me too. The DT comics have lost it a bit storywise for me with the latter arcs.

Patrick
12-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Just today I finally got a chance to read Issue #2 of the new Crown of Shadows story arc. :thumbsup:

MonteGss
12-30-2009, 08:46 AM
I read every issue as soon as it comes out, usually twice. Then I reread it just before reading the new issue to refresh my memory and maintain continuity.

Glad I don't have to choose, but if I did, I would take L&K over the DT comics without question.

Me too. It's a new story, new characters and the artist is super awesome.

Heather19
12-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Wow, I never knew this thread existed. I love this series.

Just today I finally got a chance to read Issue #2 of the new Crown of Shadows story arc. :thumbsup:

How are the new ones so far? And do you know how many issues are in this arc?

Patrick
12-30-2009, 09:45 AM

Me too. It's a new story, new characters and the artist is super awesome.
Yes, exactly.

Wow, I never knew this thread existed. I love this series.

How are the new ones so far? And do you know how many issues are in this arc?
Glad to see you here, Heather!

I love every issue of L&K without fail. My only complaint is that they are so good that usually they seem too short. Crown of Shadows, especially issue #1, rocks! I'll look up the number of issues in this arc and let you know, usually it is five or six.

Heather19
12-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Glad to see you here, Heather!

I love every issue of L&K without fail. My only complaint is that they are so good that usually they seem too short. Crown of Shadows, especially issue #1, rocks! I'll look up the number of issues in this arc and let you know, usually it is five or six.

Thanks! And I know what you mean. I really wish they were longer. Once I pick them up I have a hard time putting them down. And then before you know it, you're done.

Darkthoughts
06-26-2010, 07:36 AM
:excited: Just pre-ordered the Crown Of Shadows hb, due mid August.

Nerak
07-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Comic information (http://ryalltime.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/why-is-joe-hill-smiling/) :panic: :excited: :panic:

turtlex
07-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks so much, Karen!

Super cool !

Nerak
08-29-2011, 09:18 AM
so, is everyone still buying these? I am! Still waiting for it to finish to read it all! But I buy every issue and every key.
There is a comic book store in NH called Jetpack and they are featuring Joe in September....click here for link (http://www.jetpackcomics.com/comics.html). I am excited! I didn't get the comic on Free Comic Book day and now I can! WOOT WOOT!!!!
They are also going to be selling Skelton Keys and Jetpack varients! Check them out! If you buy from them, mention my name and let me know in here, I am trying for a "finders fee" LOL

frik
08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
so, is everyone still buying these? I am! Still waiting for it to finish to read it all! But I buy every issue and every key.

You bet, but only the HCs though. I did read the first two books, but now I'm waiting for this series to be finished and then read the whole thing.
Anyone know when this will be?

sk

Darkthoughts
08-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I wait for the HC because I rarely see the individual issues around here. I have to say, it's one of the best series I've ever read. Hill and Rodriguez kick ass as a team :thumbsup:

Heather19
08-29-2011, 11:12 AM
I am! I just got the latest hardcover a few weeks ago. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Brainslinger
08-31-2011, 05:07 AM
I got the first collection for the PSP comic viewer application. (Last I checked that was the only collection they had for Locke and Key, although they have later series available individually on Playstation digital.) I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got the next volume from the library. I haven't gotten further than that yet (I'll probably collect the volumes at some point) but it's a great inventive original series.

Nerak wrote:
I buy every issue and every key.

Every key? How do you mean?

Robert Fulman
08-31-2011, 05:25 AM
I also read the hardcover collections as they come out, and they have been spectacular. I think Head Games might be one of the weirdest things I have ever seen/read (in a good way). I generally don't read comic books. After I read the first three HC's, I thought about getting the fourth series as they came out, but I think I missed the first issue and then it seemed like too much work to find a comic store every week (month? I have no idea how often they come out).

dyetye
08-31-2011, 05:30 AM
Nerak wrote:
I buy every issue and every key.

Every key? How do you mean?

http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/

They started making these a couple years ago I think. I had the first 3, but just couldn't afford to keep up, so I sold them. They were really cool though...

Brainslinger
08-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks for posting. Those are great!

mikeC
09-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I would like to read this story but I don't like graphic novels in hardback, I think it's a way to jack up the prices for the story. I know some like to have the HB's which I understand but I still think they should have trade paperbacks. To me HB's should be reserved for when the series is over.
I like reading graphic novels but except for Y I never re-read them, I usually give them away or donate them.
I'm kind of insulted by the HB only release.

Ari_Racing
12-29-2013, 08:51 PM
The final number of Locke and Key - Alpha is out...and the ending was PERFECT!

Did anyone read it yet?

Ari_Racing
01-31-2014, 02:34 PM
2013 Ghastly Awards Winners:

Best Mini-Series: Locke & Key: Omega (IDW Publishing)
Best Writer: Joe Hill (Locke & Key: Omega)

harrison ryan
01-31-2014, 09:14 PM
The final number of Locke and Key - Alpha is out...and the ending was PERFECT!

Did anyone read it yet?

Yup. Loved it!

Brian861
07-02-2016, 12:54 PM
Hi, all. Just starting to get into collecting these comics individually and was wondering if there is a complete list that includes every variant for each issue? My Google search was frustrating and fruitless :(. Thanks!

Edit: I'll admit I'm lazy and haven't read the entire thread if the info is contained within :unsure: Plus wanted to avoid spoilers as I haven't read the series yet.

Dan
07-02-2016, 02:01 PM
I was using www.comicbookdb.com when I was getting these. It's pretty good listing all the variants. I have added a few they were missing.

Brian861
07-03-2016, 06:36 AM
I was using www.comicbookdb.com when I was getting these. It's pretty good listing all the variants. I have added a few they were missing.

Thanks, Dan.

jsmcmullen92
07-13-2016, 04:54 AM
Also Brian I think they list all the variants of each issue on the inside of the front cover. That or maybe they just did it on the later ones, can't remember.

Brian861
07-13-2016, 08:07 AM
Also Brian I think they list all the variants of each issue on the inside of the front cover. That or maybe they just did it on the later ones, can't remember.

Thanks, Josh. From looking at the ones I do have, that looks right. Lone Star Comics looks like they have them all listed as well; although a lot aren't in stock but notifications can be set should they receive any on consignment, etc. I've been very pleased with them so far.

dungdn93
07-27-2016, 01:45 AM
sky ohhhh! Say: Oh yeah!!!! :D :D
sory i'm carry

louis2003b
02-12-2017, 03:05 AM
I have Lettered Subpress Locke and Key Crown of Shadows for Sale $325. Drawing inside the cover is a Snake

What is the going rate on a Lettered Subpress matched set?

caesarviet
02-24-2017, 07:38 PM
I am also very happy with them so far

BountyHunter
10-12-2017, 04:35 AM
Somebody told me there are a couple of Dark Tower references in this series. True?

Brian861
10-12-2017, 07:27 AM
Somebody told me there are a couple of Dark Tower references in this series. True?

I read it not to long ago and I don't recall any. But my memory sucks, so......

BountyHunter
10-13-2017, 01:23 AM
Well, I guess I'll just have to find out for myself then. Lol

CyberGhostface
10-13-2017, 06:52 PM
I don't think so. There are some pretty heavy references to SK stuff in NOS4A2 though.