PDA

View Full Version : S King introduces Lauren Groff in Sarasota

EXPLORER
03-28-2008, 01:58 PM
What a great event last night at the USF Campus in Sarasota Florida
Mr King in a live event intorduced and then conversed with Lauren Groff .
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080328/BREAKING/114466030/1661
The Sarasota Herald tribune had a great online story as well as videos of the event posted on thier web site. The whole event was also filmed and played on the locall Sarasota TV station live as well as rebroadcast at 11:30pm and may be played again. Additional videos and coverage of the event can be found at the newspapers website. They did some very good stories on the event and were the major sponsor. http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080328/NEWS/803280336
Mr King was his usual personable and humorous self. He exchanged questions with Groff and also sung her praise for her short stories as well as her new book The Monsters of Templeton.

Matt
03-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Hey Explorer, welcome to the site.

Great info there, thanks for posting it.

That guy has a week to get to DC :lol:

EXPLORER
03-28-2008, 02:28 PM
We go to live events that Mr King partakes in whenever we can. He is always great to hear speaking off the cuff or reading or whatever he does at them. It is unusual to find an event that I can pull up online and see actuals videos that I can tell others of so they can see what I saw. I tell people of running into him in a bookstore or at the Red Sox spring training games and they think I am a fanatic or stalking him and it is sometimes difficult to express that I am just in awe of his talent and his willingness to show he is ordinary man sharing with other people. I have found so many of the event he does are for the benefit of other individuals or groups. He is a vey unigue man with alot of talent and an ability to share it.

Matt
03-28-2008, 02:29 PM
This site totally agrees :lol:

And...it looks like you may be our 1000th member on this site. We're doing a HUGE giveaway and you will get an entry.

Patrick
03-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for jumping right in and starting a new thread with this great information, Explorer. Welcome!

EXPLORER
03-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Thankee Sai for the welcoming greetings......
Very willing and happy to share.....when can. PLEASE ALL ENJOY.

"DO THE DAY" ............."AND LET THE DAY DO YOU"