PDA

View Full Version : Cross Referencing North Central Positronics.

John Blaze
03-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Well I just did the thread on the Beam Guardians, and NCP. What I'd like to do now is start a thread apart from the other one where we can write in the Books and page numbers of mentions of North Central Positronics.

I can't remember if it's been in other books, but as we're constantly rereading our SK books, and he crosses characters in and out of other stories, even as minor mentions, we might establish a picture of what's going on. So as you read Non-DT AND DT books, pencil in the mentions.

I believe the first mention is Shardik the Bear. The Wastelands, page 34.

Let's see how many we can find.

obscurejude
03-27-2008, 07:12 PM
John, I think there's some great answers, but my brain is fried. You're not off, by pointing them out, but neither is King inconsistent.

John Blaze
03-27-2008, 07:23 PM
and i think you crossed your wires, bud. It sounds like your post belongs in the other NCP thread, the beam guardian thread.

obscurejude
03-27-2008, 07:25 PM
You're right. Say sorry JB. It was a mistake. I realized it as soon as I posted, but figured that you're smarter than the average bear.

John Blaze
03-27-2008, 07:31 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l47/dan-e-boy56/Yogi-portrait.jpg
that's me. you must be Bubu

Darkthoughts
12-30-2008, 07:23 AM
I think this thread would be great for reference if we actually got people contributing to it.

I think that JB is talking about finding out the links between NCP, Sombra etc and also how they related to the levels of the Tower in which they're found. So quote any mentions in here, also from DT related King books and we'll see what kind of picture it paints :thumbsup:

John Blaze
12-30-2008, 08:17 AM
it's ok darks, I kinda gave up on contributing anyway. It seems the only way I can get people to post in a thread is to start a thread labelled "how do YOU feel about the ending?"

I'm not that desperate for posts.

Darkthoughts
12-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Well I am! :shoot:

:lol: No seriously, people discuss NCP alot so i think it'd be cool. I'm going to note down stuff as soon as I start my 2009 reread. It was a good idea JB :couple:

Matt of Gilead
01-01-2009, 11:17 AM
I think I'll start my own reread soon. It will be the first full, and I'll try to remember to add to this thread.

Omerta
07-06-2009, 07:45 AM
I really wanted to get more back story on NCP and/or Sombra.

A story concerning the battles between NCP/Sombra vs. The Tet Corp. would have been fantastic.

I see some potential similarities between NCP/Sombra and The Dharma Intitiative on the tv series "Lost".

Darkthoughts
07-06-2009, 09:12 AM
We have a North Central Positronics thread in here somewhere. The main aim of it was to trace all the mentions and links to other companies. I'll find it and merge and then feel free to kick start the research, I think it'd be really interesting :thumbsup: