PDA

View Full Version : Gathering 2009 Poll

Randall Flagg
03-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Please only vote for one location, and one date.
If you are unlikely to attend please DO NOT vote.
This should be to get an idea of where and when people who are likely to go want to meet.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Gotta be Maine in June. That's when King is there.

blackrose22
03-23-2008, 02:32 PM
I voted for June but didn't vote for where it should be held. But in Maine would be class if SK would be kind enough to make an appearance:drool: And as this is at least a year from now minimum its gives me time so start saving so you can definitely put my name down for it. Would love to go to this years one but got a lot on and not enough spare cash for it. And hopefully this years gathering is a success to spur on next years event.

Brice
03-23-2008, 05:38 PM
If it were in June in Maine I'd likely manage to make it. Anywhere else at any time I'd try.

I think my bedroom should be added as an option for a gathering. :lol:

John Blaze
03-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I voted N.O. but not a date. I'd really like it to be a southern place. And a beach would be good.

On the date, I don't know yet, because I'm not sure what days I'll be able to get off next year.

Daghain
03-23-2008, 10:59 PM
I voted Maine in October. But really, I'm pretty open vacation-wise. :)

obscurejude
03-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Dag was right about the "other" option.

Ruki
03-24-2008, 12:46 AM
if it's in maine i'm going

Sir_Boomme
03-24-2008, 09:17 AM

i vote any time...
but i think lubbock texas - at bob's house would be great- think of all those goodies we could give away as door prizes.

Girlystevedave
03-24-2008, 09:57 AM
I think my bedroom should be added as an option for a gathering. :lol:

I'm down..:thumbsup:

(That made me sound like a slut didn't it?)

LadyHitchhiker
03-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I wish I could afford to go but I owe too much money to the IRS because for some reason there weren't enough taxes taken out my checks.

Girlystevedave
03-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Uugh....that happened to me one year.
I swear the IRS is like the freaking mob....you have no choice BUT to pay them.
Lousy jerks

Matt
03-24-2008, 02:33 PM
I went with Maine because we have always wanted to visit there and it would be a great place for a gathering.

tamez
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I voted Maine too

sarah
03-26-2008, 07:08 AM
I voted for The City because SF is totally fun and easy for me to get to. Maine is sooo far away and expensive to fly into. I would love to do a Stephen King tour but it seems like it would be too much money and time away to make it work, for me.

I'm not ruling anything out.

Wuducynn
03-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah, but SF is sooooooooooooo far away from others too...while Maine is a 25 minute drive from my home.. :D Also, flying ANYWHERE is expensive.

Nerak
03-26-2008, 07:41 AM
I voted Boston and August. But I can do Maine, too. It's just a little further away.

June would be right at the end of school, so I don't know about that week. Kids usually get out the week right before that.

But, hey, since I am so close I can't complain too much. :D

John Blaze
03-26-2008, 07:47 AM
well, I am a niners fan, so I don't really care if we decide to do it in SF. :D

Randall Flagg
03-26-2008, 08:57 AM
I voted Maine and October as I always wanted to tour Kings' stomping grounds in the Fall when the leaves are falling.
Certainly SF would be easy for me, but I understand it would be far and expensive for many.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Still has to be Maine for me. I have a 14 hour flight across the pond.

Nerak
03-26-2008, 09:31 AM
ooo, I really want this to happen now. I am talking to a band that does songs about him, seeing if we can get them to play a bar up there around that time, they usually do.

Anything else anyone else want me to arrange?

I know that Stu will open up for us on the weekend, if we are planning on spending money! LOL

The standpipe is wicked cool.

His house is beautiful.

I didn't get to see his office last time I was there, maybe I can call Marsha and get in there!! HE HE

The wheels are spinning....

mia/susannah
03-26-2008, 09:35 AM
I voted Maine because it is closer for me. I am being selfish, I am sorry. June would be great for me, That week in October would be out because that is the week that my 3 youngest birthdays fall into. Mandi and Miranda, 10-16 and Carolann is 10-19. 10-16 is also my daughter Mirandas memorial because she was born and died the same day

mia/susannah
03-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Nerak, I personally think that would be great. I would really like to go to a gathering and meet everyone.

John Blaze
03-26-2008, 10:21 AM
ooo, I really want this to happen now. I am talking to a band that does songs about him, seeing if we can get them to play a bar up there around that time, they usually do.

I know that Stu will open up for us on the weekend, if we are planning on spending money! LOL

His house is beautiful.

I didn't get to see his office last time I was there, maybe I can call Marsha and get in there!! HE HE

This post just confused the shit out of me. It's not decided yet, is it?

Who is Stu?? Whose house? Brady Bunch? The wheel in the sky keeps on turning?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-26-2008, 10:26 AM
This post just confused the shit out of me. It's not decided yet, is it?

Who is Stu?? Whose house? Brady Bunch? The wheel in the sky keeps on turning?

Nothing decided yet.
Stu Tinker of Betts Bookstore.
SK's house.

Randall Flagg
03-26-2008, 12:27 PM

Translation:
Karen is excited. She knows a band that does songs about King, perhaps they could do a gig near Bangor, Maine. Can someone help arrange it.

Translation:
Stu is the owner of Bett's Bookstore located in Bangor Maine. Bett's specializes in Stephen King Collectibles.

Translation:
The Standpipe was the inspiration for the water tower in IT.

His house is beautiful.

Translation: King's house is beautiful.

Karen did not get to see King's office, but perhaps with advance notice King's assitant Marsha can make a "tour" possible.

Translation:
Karen is excited.

Nerak
03-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks Jerome!! LOL

But I meant is there anything else that anyone can think of that they would want to see! LOL I won't need help getting Mitch and gang to play for us, just finalized plans if it happens in Maine. LOL

And I am excited about meeting everyone and trying to show some Yankee hospitality!

alinda
03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
I cant decide yet, N.O. is closer and easy to do from Fl.
Maine would be super cool, long drive but doable.....:drool: SK tour!
also I only work weekends so to take 3 days off
I'd have 11 days to play with. Still have a year to
finalize any planning it would take, but for me to
travel west coast is more of a challenge.

MonteGss
03-26-2008, 02:09 PM
I have not voted because Jerome said not to unless we knew we were going. I want it to be in Chicago because it is closer and I'm not made of money. :lol:
Flying is too expensive. Flying to Vegas is fairly cheap though, so this year's gathering is more likely for me than in 2009. Unless of course Chicago wins.

Patrick
03-28-2008, 06:14 PM
I voted for The City because SF is totally fun and easy for me to get to. Maine is sooo far away and expensive to fly into. I would love to do a Stephen King tour but it seems like it would be too much money and time away to make it work, for me.

What she said.

Also this from the 2008 thread:

I like the idea of moving it around, but one of the nice things about Vegas is that it is, on average, the cheapest place to fly to from around the country. Just food for thought.

Nerak
03-29-2008, 03:48 AM
no.............I want MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

John Blaze
03-29-2008, 12:02 PM
I hadn't thought about how it's cheaper to Vegas, maybe next year, with a little more forewarnbing, I will be able to go, regardless of where it is. It just depends on money and time. If I can get the time off of work, and if I have the money, which I should.

blackrose22
03-29-2008, 02:52 PM
What are prices like for internal flights in the US. I was always under the impression that they are cheap enough. Flights to the US (JFK) from Ireland at the moment cost about €650/$1,000. That's not that expensive I think and when I head over it's not just for the DT.Com convention as I intend to stay for about 2/3 weeks and make a great holiday out of it to justify the cost. The east coast for me would be the best but don't care if it's the west cost either as I would love to visit San Francisco anyway. Must take a surf later on and find out about provisional prices for all the places in the poll to plan on what sort of holiday I'm going to have.

turtlex
03-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Someone posted about the time involved here - ie. posting about 2009 so far ahead... personally, I need all the time I can get to try and plan something, what with work and family responsibilities. I plan a two week road trip every year so if this is going to be part of it .. its good to know as far ahead as possible!

Mark
03-30-2008, 07:45 AM
I'll be 16 next June, so i could ask my mum for money to fly out, but i dunno for 100% because my GCSE's (important exams) might be on them dates, so i might have to study :(

blackrose22
03-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Someone posted about the time involved here - ie. posting about 2009 so far ahead... personally, I need all the time I can get to try and plan something, what with work and family responsibilities. I plan a two week road trip every year so if this is going to be part of it .. its good to know as far ahead as possible!

Same here. If it's in Maine where exactly are you talking about? Bangor is what I'm presuming but I could be wrong. Would like to know as there's five regional airports in Maine (so its says in a Maine tourist website) and the info would be great for making some plans even if it's still well over a year from now at the earliest.

Randall Flagg
03-30-2008, 03:57 PM
The presumption for Maine is Bangor.

Ikilledthecrimsonking
03-31-2008, 07:06 AM
we should all go to Bangor, Maine and ssuprise Stephan King at his house

Daghain
03-31-2008, 08:44 AM
I believe he lives in Florida now. :)

Míchéal
03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
I chose Maine and no date because it makes no difference to me when it happens. I'm definitely going though, no matter where it is.

Randall Flagg
03-31-2008, 05:32 PM
I believe he lives in Florida now. :)
I am sure stalkers already know, but King has two main residences.
He hangs around New England during the summer and early fall as he attends many Red Sox home games.
He stays in Florida during the coldest winter months and early spring. He attends Red Sox spring training games frequently.

That being said,
one thing for sure; I (and I hope any gathering members) want nothing to do with BOTHERING King. I certainly want to view his gated residence in Bangor, but have no intention of annoying him, his family, his staff, his dogs etc.

Daghain
03-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Amen, brother. That would be really uncool.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-31-2008, 11:55 PM
That being said,
one thing for sure; I (and I hope any gathering members) want nothing to do with BOTHERING King. I certainly want to view his gated residence in Bangor, but have no intention of annoying him, his family, his staff, his dogs etc.

I agree with that.

(It's too hard to stalk someone when your in a crowd). :unsure:

Darkthoughts
04-03-2008, 07:36 AM
I voted Maine in October. October gives me plenty of time to save and Maine because its SK country (and John Irving country)...plus New England cuisine sounds rather lovely.

obscurejude
04-03-2008, 08:26 AM
New England cuisine is lovely. I hope you can make it Lisa one way or the other.

Darkthoughts
04-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Me too! However, this year is looking less and less likely - I can be definate about 2009 though ;)

obscurejude
04-03-2008, 08:34 AM
If you can be definite about 2009, then sign me up. :) Can't miss the chance to see Lisa.

Daghain
04-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Me too! :)

Brice
04-03-2008, 08:36 AM
I know right?

Lisa is my oldest friend from off the internet I believe. I'll be there if I gotta' walk.

obscurejude
04-03-2008, 08:39 AM
We can ride up together Brice.

Brice
04-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Sounds awesome! It's been a long time since I've had an actual vacation/road trip.

Darkthoughts
04-03-2008, 08:43 AM
:grouphug: It's so good to be back!

obscurejude
04-03-2008, 08:44 AM
:couple: We missed you Lisa.

Darkthoughts
04-03-2008, 08:45 AM
:huglove:

Daghain
04-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Yes we did!!!!!

Randall Flagg
04-03-2008, 08:47 AM
October is catching up!
<---------Blatant request for legitimate October votes.

Darkthoughts
04-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Mine was too legit to quit ;)

Brice
04-03-2008, 08:52 AM
:grouphug: It's so good to be back!

And it's great to have you back home. :huglove:

Kevin
04-03-2008, 09:32 AM
If something unplanned comes along, would it be possible to change my vote? Just hypothetical at this point.

Brice
04-03-2008, 09:35 AM
If something unplanned comes along, would it be possible to change my vote? Just hypothetical at this point.

That would actually depend on what your vote was. If it was the same as mine I'm afraid it can't be changed. If it was different it can be changed, but only to mirror my own vote. :D

Randall Flagg
04-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Antone who wants to change their vote to October-PM me.:panic:

Nerak
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
If it's Maine, it don't matter too much to me, but summer vacation still works better for me! LOL

Brice
04-04-2008, 05:09 AM

So, they can change their votes ONLY if they want them changed to October? :lol:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-04-2008, 05:11 AM

Okay Robert Mugabe :ninja:

John Blaze
04-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Up North, like Maine, wouldn't it be likely to be snowed already in October?

I'm just asking.

Daghain
04-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Are you afraid of a little snow?

We'll just have to drink around the fireplace is all. :lol:

Randall Flagg
04-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Up North, like Maine, wouldn't it be likely to be snowed already in October?

I'm just asking.

June is warmer, but Mid October should be the time on the Northeast coast where the leaves are falling. There is a very remote chance of snow:

The coming of October brings peak fall foliage season in Bangor. It is difficult to predict how the foliage will turn out, though. Despite enduring droughts in summer 1999 and 2001, trees still provided good leaf-peeping. The high temperature drops throughout the month, going from late-September's 60s to the 50s. You will definitely want a jacket with you when heading out this month. Late-night frosts become more common and you may find that your vehicle's defroster needs just a little bit more time to evaporate the thin crust of slushy moisture that invariably forms on the windshield and rear window during the night.

Info here (http://bangorinfo.com/climate.html)

Nerak
04-04-2008, 05:11 PM
It usually doesn't snow in Oct. Note, I said usually! :lol:

mia/susannah
04-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I still hope for Maine and June so that I can make it.

Nerak
04-05-2008, 07:15 AM
I am hoping for June too. Better babysitting options then when the kids are in school.

Patrick
04-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey now, here's an idea for the next one: Visit Duma Key (http://www.lidobeachresort.com/Stephen-King-Duma-Key.htm?gclid=CIfk0r3R75ICFSJ3lgodajDH5g) :D

mia/susannah
04-22-2008, 01:52 PM
That sounds like a good Idea! Patrick

Randall Flagg
04-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I just noticed that October is almost tied with June.:rock:

blackrose22
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Looks good but it finishes in December this year. If its popular it may on again next year anyway. But got the feeling the majority will want to go to Maine anyway.

razz
04-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Maine is the best choice for the situation, but chicago is pretty central in the U.S., so that's kinda convenient for U.S. citizens. I vote chicago in october

Patrick
04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh, I wasn't seriously recommending the Duma Key tour as a practical place for everyone. I just thought it was cool. :)

razz
04-23-2008, 06:16 AM
So there will DEFINITELY be a dt.com gathering this year, but we still do know when or where?
*prays to gan* please make it up north. i wanna go!

Brice
04-23-2008, 06:19 AM
I'm sure there will be some gathering. When and where is still being decided I think.

Brice
04-23-2008, 06:20 AM
Oh, I wasn't seriously recommending the Duma Key tour as a practical place for everyone. I just thought it was cool. :)

...and it was. :D If I win the big lottery we'll all go. :lol:

Randall Flagg
04-23-2008, 06:37 AM
So there will DEFINITELY be a dt.com gathering this year, but we still do know when or where?
*prays to gan* please make it up north. i wanna go!

THIS year has already been decided. It's in Las Vegas 10/17/08-10/20/08:panic:

2009 Will certainly happen, we are just getting peoples opinions well in advance.
I would guess that after the Vegas meeting, things will become a bit more narrowed down, but looking at the votes, Maine certainly leads by a comfortable margin.

blackrose22
04-23-2008, 06:50 AM

...and it was. :D If I win the big lottery we'll all go. :lol:

If you do Brice we'll all hold you to it:P .

Brice
04-23-2008, 06:53 AM
as you should. :D

razz
04-23-2008, 12:20 PM
then i probably won't make it this year. shame.

mia/susannah
04-23-2008, 02:30 PM
I still hope 2009 meeting is held in June and in Maine so that I can make it.

Frunobulax
10-20-2008, 12:58 AM
I said SF in August. Anywhere else makes it damn near impossible for me to go to, and I'd hate to miss out on another gathering. And the month doesn't matter, but August would give me time to work out le finances.

Rjeso
10-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I voted San Francisco in August, but only because that's the most likely place I could make it to. I don't particularly care what time of the year it happens.

Patrick
10-20-2008, 03:19 PM

What she said.
Hmmm... apparently I already voted.
My choices:
1) SF - any time of year could work because it's close.
2) Anywhere that is far enough away to fly: October timeframe.

Given family logistics and other planned trips, I won't be able to fly to another get-together until next Fall.

Aside from SF which is a no-brainer, I'd be happy to return to Vegas - I'll be ready to go back a year from now. :lol:

If we want to better accommodate the East Coasters, then I'd love to see Maine. A Maine trip has the longest odds though given that distance = cost.

Rjeso
10-20-2008, 03:21 PM
As was said before at the Gathering, Vegas is the cheapest place for people to fly to, so I'm down for Vegas again. Or every year. :innocent:

Ruthful
10-20-2008, 03:40 PM
I think we should also be doing regional/local meetups, aside from these huge gatherings.

Patrick
10-20-2008, 04:09 PM
I think we should also be doing regional/local meetups, aside from these huge gatherings.
Member get-togethers are always a good idea, no matter the location or size.

Daghain
10-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Well said!

ladykatherine
10-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Member get-togethers are always a good idea, no matter the location or size.

I agree! I will probably always be too broke to travel far away...but if we could have a little get-together in Chicago I'd be down, even if it was only us midwest ppls!! :cool: It's okay...you know we rock hardcore.

e_taylor
10-20-2008, 04:42 PM
I could do Chicago, Boston or Maine. (In order of closeness to me). Although, I think Maine lends itself best for this type of event. June or August would be best for me, but I would certainly try to swing October!!

turtlex
10-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Maine is great. I've been many times.
It is big though - so you'd have to narrow it down to a location.
Bar Harbor is amazing and about an hour from Bangor ( and Betts Books, Sai King's Bangor ).

Daghain
10-20-2008, 06:16 PM
DBF and I would love to do a fall bike tour, so if it's there we may make it an extended vacation. :D

turtlex
10-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Ah, Daggers, that would be great. Remember though, depending on when you go - this time of year for instance, Bar Harbor and Maine can be quite chilly! And most the leaves have changed already.

Maine would be a blast though, for sure.

fernandito
10-21-2008, 04:52 AM
I voted SF in October.

Nerak
10-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Maine in October, at the beginning anywho, is right in the middle of changing, so that would be perfect!

Aaron
10-21-2008, 06:33 AM
I went ahead and chose Maine in October.

You know, when we did the "original" PalaverCon (Palaver Con Zero) we did it in Maine in October. The best thing is that there are tons of people who have summer houses up there, and they rent them out during the off-season for discounted prices. When we went there were seven of us and we were able to get a house right on Sebago Lake (north of Portland, not too far from Lovell) for eight days for about $135.00 each. It made it an awesome deal, and then we just basically had a week-long house party. Very good times.

I'm sure that I could get the information for the online rental listings where we found the house for that trip. For a place like Maine, renting a house is the best way to go to keep people's costs down. And it is beautiful in Maine in the fall.

And doing Maine in the summer would probably nearly double the lodging costs.

turtlex
10-21-2008, 07:05 AM
I usually go the first week in September - so the prices are just lowering after the Labor Day Holiday - stayed right near Acadia National Park - at http://www.edgewaterbarharbor.com/ - and it was affordable and close to things. Of course, I'm a bit of a National Parks geek so take that into consideration.

wizardsrainbow
10-21-2008, 07:15 AM
Acadia is gorgeous any time of year, and Bar Harbour is wonderful as well. There is a kick-ass theatre in town where you go sit in poof chairs/overstuffed chairs/couches and order pizza and beer. There is a large bingo-like sign board on the wall, and when your number lights up you get your pizzas and drinks and then kick back in your easy chair to watch the movie. Totally rocks.

Portland is a great city with great beers but is still pretty far from Bangor (3 hours if I recall). But 40 minutes north of Portland is Freeport, home of LL Bean and some 500 outlet stores.

Aaron
10-21-2008, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't mind being a bit closer to Bangor. We didnt get to go last time because it was so far away.

Ooh, what if we did it in New Hampshire at the hotel that inspired the hotel in The Talisman. I went there with a few folks after PalaverCon 2005 and it is beautiful. Can't remember the name of the place for the life of me, though. It's in Portsmouth, not far from the DMG offices.

It would probably be terribly expensive, though. :(

Nerak
10-21-2008, 08:35 AM
http://www.wentworth.com/

turtlex
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Wiz - Yes! I was right there this September!! Right by that theater, there's a great little mexican restaurant. We went there for dinner twice in as many nights, it was that good!

It would probably be terribly expensive, though. :(

Wow, you said it, brother.

I just did a quick check using Nerak's link ( thankee ) , and the cheapest room is $279 a night, and that's a weeknight, with the weekend spiking up to $359.

That's a little pricey for this turtle.

fernandito
10-21-2008, 09:06 AM
So....Vegas 2009?

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Nerak
10-21-2008, 09:31 AM
no MAINE!!!!! dammit!! I wanna play and I can't afford to fly anywhere!

Aaron
10-21-2008, 09:40 AM
The Wentworth! That's it! It really is a beautiful place. But yeah...mega $$$.

It's one of those places where you walk in and feel rich just being there.

Brice
10-21-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm really gonna' try to go this year. If it's October or later though I probably can't though. If that happens I'll see y'all in 2010 for sure.

Daghain
10-21-2008, 10:01 AM
DBF and I have done the vacation house thing in the past, and it's far better than a hotel if you have a group that can get along. Much cheaper, you can cook your own food (DBF loves to cook, hint hint) and you can sit around and drink and play board games or cards all night if you want. Good times. :D

Aaron
10-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah, we did the full cooking on a campfire thing in the backyard, and went through case after case of beer and wine. Very good times. And an awesome cookout is the best!

Darkthoughts
10-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Dags, thats a cool idea!

If I have any leftover cash from my Christmas savings, or if I get an inheritance :lol: I'll be there...otherwise see you in 2010!

Arthur Heath
10-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I read someone post people who are only inclined to go should vote. I think for a lot of people where and when plays a huge roll. There will always be those die hards who will go where ever, when ever. Many have family/business travel obligations so the when and where play a huge factor. So I voted but am only inclined to go on certain dates as I travel on one of those selected dates. So mayhap what I am saying is if you can only go to certain place on/or certain dates that shouldn't disqualify you from voting. You should be able to vote, and if things work out and the majority speaks in your favor, great. If not, than theres always next year. I do love me a good democracy and I believe majority should rule. If you have no intentions going at all, than dont vote. Maybe this is more for my clarification?!?!

Aaron
10-21-2008, 01:19 PM
I would say that is absolutely right. Location and dates are two of the biggest deciding factors for most people with something like this. So yes, if one of the dates and locations would enable you to potentially be in attendance, then please vote for them.

Like you said, it is really just the people who have no intention of going at all that need not apply.

Arthur Heath
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Thank you sai.

Ruthful
10-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Maybe the Mid-West, in which case Chicago would be a good location. Since the first one was held in New England, the last one in the desert. Then again, since most of the people here seem to live on the East Coast a state in this part of the country might make more sense.

Matt
10-21-2008, 02:30 PM
I am not sure there is anyway to make one of these things real cheap for folks. Vegas was relatively close by and I'm sure me and Dora dropped around 1000.00 over there and we sure weren't alone. :lol:

Its worth every penny by any stretch of the imagination but it would be hard for someone to go anywhere for a few days without dropping some bucks.

alinda
10-21-2008, 02:39 PM
I vote Maine in Oct. If I can afford it I can drive up. I more so want to do London in 2010. Nothing can keep me that I will come...Letti Jean, Brian, Lisa etc....are too much to pass up!!:grouphug:

LadyHitchhiker
10-21-2008, 03:14 PM
I think somewhere in Wisconsin/Michigan I could go... otherwise I probably can't afford to :(

razz
10-21-2008, 03:31 PM
yes. Michigan! how about Macinaw island?!

The Lady of Shadows
10-21-2008, 03:32 PM
we have SOOOOOO had the discussion about voluntarily going to michigan razzle dazzle. :lol:

razz
10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey! Macinac Island is a nice place. No Cars or vehicles (except for emergency vehicles), you go around on bikes, so there's half the problem solved: no drive bys! :D

The Lady of Shadows
10-21-2008, 04:05 PM
"no drive-bys". :rofl:

razzle for the last time: we. are. not. having. this. in. fucking. michigan.

"no drive-bys"

:lol:

Rjeso
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey, Mackinac is beautiful, but not really what our crowd would go for, based on what I could tell in Vegas. Mackinac is too... antique-shoppy. :lol:

razz
10-21-2008, 05:25 PM
feev can't get a beer, a lime, and a ps3 there.

Daghain
10-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Dude, no one goes TO Michigan! The hell? :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
10-21-2008, 06:30 PM
i've been trying to explain that to him daggers. :lol:

Daghain
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Seriously, if I didn't have relatives in that state I'd never set foot there again. :lol:

razz
10-21-2008, 06:32 PM
which is exactly why THEY won't suspect. i saw the low men in the background of the Vegas fottergraphs!

Ruthful
10-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey, Mackinac is beautiful, but not really what our crowd would go for, based on what I could tell in Vegas. Mackinac is too... antique-shoppy. :lol:

Wasn't there also some jihadi cell from Dearborn, or Detroit, which tried to blow up the Makinack Bridge a couple of years back?

Rjeso
10-21-2008, 07:29 PM
:orely: I honestly don't remember hearing about that.

Brice
10-21-2008, 08:18 PM
I vote Maine in Oct. If I can afford it I can drive up. I more so want to do London in 2010. Nothing can keep me that I will come...Letti Jean, Brian, Lisa etc....are too much to pass up!!:grouphug:

:cry:

*sulks*

I am NOT an etc... :nope:

Rjeso
10-21-2008, 08:20 PM
You're not in London, either, dude. :P

Ruthful
10-21-2008, 08:21 PM
:couple:

Brice
10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
You're not in London, either, dude. :P

Oh, but I already said I will be...and nothing will stop me.

Daghain
10-21-2008, 09:23 PM

Wasn't there also some jihadi cell from Dearborn, or Detroit, which tried to blow up the Makinack Bridge a couple of years back?

I don't know about that, but I do know the Michigan Militia is alive and well and having a nervous breakdown somewhere in the state. :lol:

turtlex
10-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Macinac Island?

Hey we could all race golf carts !

Woofer
10-22-2008, 05:04 AM
Nothing is doable for me. http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/cryeyesout.gif

ladykatherine
10-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh wow...that wolf is literally crying his eyes out.
hmmm.
not sure how to take that.
:unsure:
hehehehe.

Jean
10-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Nothing is doable for me. http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/cryeyesout.gif
neither is it for me... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_cry.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_cry.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_cry.gif

alinda
10-22-2008, 10:07 AM

*sulks*

Darling we'd be in my car together remember?:rose:

Brice
10-22-2008, 10:12 AM

*sulks*

Darling we'd be in my car together remember?:rose:

You have a car that drives across the ocean?

As for this one...it will depend on timing more than place.

alinda
10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
No silly we can fly to London, we could drive to Maine ( it will win ya know):couple:

Nerak
10-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Well, shit on toast, I just realized the the Breast Cancer Walk next year will be on Oct 19th. Either you will all be driving down to walk with me, or we move the weekend back one! Cause if y'all are coming to Maine, I am SOOOOO going to be there!!!

razz
10-24-2008, 09:30 AM
after all this discussion, I feel like changing my vote. maybe others do too. is it possible to change my vote? or maybe we should redo the poll! just a suggesstion.

Randall Flagg
10-24-2008, 10:33 AM
after all this discussion, I feel like changing my vote. maybe others do too. is it possible to change my vote? or maybe we should redo the poll! just a suggesstion.
A new poll is something to be considered. Also, Matt or I could change your vote in the poll, but you would have to disclose to one of us your choices.

LadyHitchhiker
10-24-2008, 11:03 AM
"no drive-bys". :rofl:

razzle for the last time: we. are. not. having. this. in. fucking. michigan.

"no drive-bys"

:lol:

:angry:

I actually wasn't joking. I live in Michigan and think it's beautiful.

The Lady of Shadows
10-25-2008, 10:39 AM
liz :rose:

so are we redoing this poll or what people?

Randall Flagg
10-25-2008, 04:19 PM
liz :rose:

so are we redoing this poll or what people?
Relax. I am not sure it needs to be redone at this time. :cool:

razz
10-25-2008, 04:23 PM
what do you mean "at this time"? there are only eight to twelve months until the next gathering!!
:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Daghain
10-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Well, right now the majority seems to be Maine in October. Start planning! :D

Hbgunslinger
10-27-2008, 09:49 PM
If it's in Maine I can almost definately make it. Doesn't really matter when. It might not be the entire time but I could make an appearance.

Matt
11-18-2008, 07:34 AM
The internal department at my bank has an unclaimed draft it's trying to place.

It's payable to "The Gathering 2009" :lol:

Daghain
11-18-2008, 07:53 AM
That's hilarious! You should go try and claim it. :lol:

Brice
11-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Oh, yeah...that's ours. :lol:

Diggity Of The Eld
11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Maine in the Fall sounds awesome.

The Lady of Shadows
11-18-2008, 12:07 PM
The internal department at my bank has an unclaimed draft it's trying to place.

It's payable to "The Gathering 2009" :lol:

That's hilarious! You should go try and claim it. :lol:

Oh, yeah...that's ours. :lol:

you can use this thread as proof.

no really, stop laughing.

:unsure:

Sir_Boomme
12-30-2008, 10:33 PM
any idea yet when we think a date will be set on this?
by early march, i start booking dj dances for schools for the 2009-2010 school year (yes... i am actually that high in demand that i book a full year in advance) - and i really want to keep open the weekend for the DT gathering..... so the sooner it's finalized/ posted here...the better chance i have of attending.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-30-2008, 10:52 PM

i vote any time...
but i think lubbock texas - at bob's house would be great- think of all those goodies we could give away as door prizes.

Do you live in Lubbock, I do too.
I work at Covenant

Sir_Boomme
12-31-2008, 12:05 PM
nope... i live in austin....
but my one and true god lives in lubbock... god bob.... aka. carlosdetweiller.... the diety of everything king..... thus having the meet at his house would be like... having it in heaven. (if it wasn't for those pesky red raiders:shoot:)

gsvec
12-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Please just don't let it be the weekend of Aug 8 or Oct 24! :unsure:

Randall Flagg
03-09-2009, 06:44 PM
It is with deep sorrow that I have to announce I can not go to Maine this year. In light of these challenging times, the wife and I felt it would be imprudent.
Seeing as how I live ~40 miles from San Francisco, I invite any dt.com member who may be visting San Francisco to contact me and see if we could meet for a bit of palaver, and perhaps a cocktail (or ale).

Jon
03-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Maine is friggin' awesome! I would only show by sheer providence. (And no Matthew, I don't mean I will arrive in Maine VIA the Rhode Island state capitol.)

mia/susannah
03-10-2009, 03:20 AM
I really hope it is Maine and in June so that I can go.:huglove:

alinda
03-10-2009, 04:22 AM
When are we going to make a decision here?Where and when criteria would help a lot!:wtf:

Matt
03-10-2009, 04:27 AM
2009 is going to be a hard go on many people. My job (for the first time in 12 years) did not pay a bonus at all. Usually about $5000.00 for me and Dora.

We use it to get out of the credit hole we dig every year so this year, it didn't happen. :cry:

I don't think we can travel at all.

mia/susannah
03-10-2009, 05:29 AM
This is a very rough year all around. That sucks Matt. SO sorry:cry:

Matt
03-10-2009, 06:08 AM
The worst part is I probably won't see my grand kid either. :(

Brice
03-10-2009, 06:12 AM
:(

I think the best option for this year is as many small gettogethers as are convenient for people.

Randall Flagg
03-10-2009, 06:26 AM

I think the best option for this year is as many small gettogethers as are convenient for people.

Exactly. Patrick, Maerlyn and I are looking to gather in 2 weeks.

Randall Flagg
03-10-2009, 06:26 AM
When are we going to make a decision here?Where and when criteria would help a lot!:wtf:

There really is no one person, or small group deciding.

turtlex
03-10-2009, 07:09 AM

I think Brice is right. Probably folks getting together for a regional kind of thing might be a more easily accomplished task.

I know that there's no way I could make Maine this year.

Jerome and the gang probably have the best idea - small meetups. ( and I'm sure they'll bring the camera and share! )

Brice
03-10-2009, 07:12 AM

Exactly. Patrick, Maerlyn and I are looking to gather in 2 weeks.

In that case you should do so at my house. :grouphug:

Daghain
03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I think Brice has the right idea. In light of the economy, it's probably better to just meet up with those you can. If you're traveling use the meet up thread to post it and see who's available.

Besides, I'm trying *really* hard to save up for London '10! :D

Brice
03-10-2009, 09:54 AM
As am I. I think I'm going to go pick up my first passport next week. :dance:

Daghain
03-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Cool! I need to renew mine this summer.

mia/susannah
03-10-2009, 10:17 AM
that is a god idea there Brice. Maybe we can do that

turtlex
03-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I got my first passport a year or so ago... and then was very disappointed when I drove to Canada and they DIDN'T stamp it !!!! According to the agent, they don't stamp when folks drive in, they just check the passport. I was soooo disappointed!

They did stamp it when I arrived in Canada via Ferry though. Go figure.

Daghain
03-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Well, I went to Ireland via Toronto, thinking the first stamp in my passport would be from Ireland.

Nope, Canada. :lol:

turtlex
03-10-2009, 01:17 PM
I am completely in love with the romantic notion of a passport full of stamps from foreign countries.... guess I better plan some travel out of the US.

Daghain
03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
You should see some of DBF's old passports. There's stamps and visas in there you can't get anymore, and some you can't imagine why you'd want to. :lol:

turtlex
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
:sigh: very jealous of him :sigh:

soylentjillian
04-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Anything close to Alaska so I can come too :(

Brice
04-07-2009, 03:23 AM
Actually we were just planning on moving Alaska closer.

Daghain
04-07-2009, 06:06 AM
Excellent idea!

Brice
04-07-2009, 06:31 AM
Well there's no sane reason for it to be so far away. :lol:

alinda
04-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Have we decided on a location yet?>< sorry I am so lazy to check the previous pages.

Brice
04-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Yes, we're gonna' tack it on to Florida.

Oh, you meant where we'll have a gathering this year not where we'll put Alaska when we move it? There will be no site gathering...more likely whatever smaller gatherings people can manage I think.

GirlGoneNineteen
07-10-2009, 03:59 PM
If a big meetup isn't gonna happen, maybe we can organize mini-gatherings in the poll cities?
I'm only 30 miles from San Francisco, I highly approve of this idea :excited:

razz
07-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Then perhaps This data should be kept, or go towards a 2010 gathering?