PDA

View Full Version : Why did the Chicken Cross the Road?

Syd Barrett
03-22-2008, 01:44 PM
LONG have I struggled with this question of questions, and I want to hear your answers. So, basically, chicken, a road. How many solutions can you come up with?

Mattrick
03-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Well, the slaughter house was over there.

Randall Flagg
03-22-2008, 03:39 PM
To get the dead baby off his back.

mia/susannah
03-22-2008, 03:46 PM
to see what was on the other side

Matt
03-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I would say for water.

funky dredd
03-23-2008, 09:20 AM
To get away....

Daghain
03-23-2008, 10:00 AM
He was stapled to the dead baby. :lol:

blackrose22
03-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Because it was the rabbits day off!

Storyslinger
03-24-2008, 07:29 AM
it was too hard for him to draw a circle

jayson
03-24-2008, 07:35 AM
peer pressure, all the other chickens were doing it

Girlystevedave
03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
There was a handsome cock across the road calling for her.

jayson
03-24-2008, 10:45 AM
because i fucking told it to and it didn't want it's ass kicked

Girlystevedave
03-24-2008, 10:50 AM
To buy crack

jayson
03-24-2008, 11:10 AM
free will?

Mattrick
03-24-2008, 11:16 AM
The Chicken was friends with Jimmy Hoffa.

Letti
03-24-2008, 11:20 AM
free will?

Oh, I like this one! *laughs*

jemaher
03-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Colonel Sanders was after it?

Matt
03-24-2008, 11:29 AM
That would make me cross the road :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
03-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Because Wiley E Coyote had put some birdseed there...

jayson
03-24-2008, 01:50 PM
to buy some chicken snacks?

Letti
03-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Because Chuck Norris forced it?

LadyHitchhiker
03-24-2008, 02:04 PM
to meet Colonel Sanders

OchrisO
03-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, you see, this is a tale set in April of 1882. The chicken had been pondering its own existence, via the conventient question "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" The chicken had pondered this for a long time in its journeys and had managed to make it to Downe, Kent, England on the 12th of April. Charles Darwin's house was across the road, and the chicken intended to walk across and ask Darwin his opinion on the matter, for having lived a life of such elevated thought, the chicken had discovered how to talk. Upon getting to the home, the chicken first peeked in the window, because it didn't want to disturb anything important, being a mannerly chicken. He saw the family gathered around the bed with very sad faces, for Charles Darwin had already passed from the chronic illness that had plagued him for near 40 years. The chicken didnt have it in its heart to disturb the family and ask them what they thought Charles may have said, so the chicken once again crossed the road with sorrow in its heart, knowing that it may never find the truth of existence. So, really, the question is, do you mean the first time the chicken crossed the road, or the second?

Letti
03-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Well, you see, this is a tale set in April of 1882. The chicken had been pondering its own existence, via the conventient question "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" The chicken had pondered this for a long time in its journeys and had managed to make it to Downe, Kent, England on the 12th of April. Charles Darwin's house was across the road, and the chicken intended to walk across and ask Darwin his opinion on the matter, for having lived a life of such elevated thought, the chicken had discovered how to talk. Upon getting to the home, the chicken first peeked in the window, because it didn't want to disturb anything important, being a mannerly chicken. He saw the family gathered around the bed with very sad faces, for Charles Darwin had already passed from the chronic illness that had plagued him for near 40 years. The chicken didnt have it in its heart to disturb the family and ask them what they thought Charles may have said, so the chicken once again crossed the road with sorrow in its heart, knowing that it may never find the truth of existence. So, really, the question is, do you mean the first time the chicken crossed the road, or the second?

*laughs out loudly*
Do you write novels or short stories?
Your style is... priceless. Excellent.

OchrisO
03-24-2008, 03:00 PM

*laughs out loudly*

I wouldn't say that I write novels or short stories. I start novels and short stories, then never manage to finish them. :)

Letti
03-24-2008, 03:03 PM

*laughs out loudly*

I wouldn't say that I write novels or short stories. I start novels and short stories, then never manage to finish them. :)

I wouldn't like to ask too many questions so if you wouldn't like to answer I will understand that...
but why don't you finish them?
This post above was just a tiny window still I felt power in it. The style... the idea...
so do you know why you don't finish them?
/really sorry for the OFF topic/

OchrisO
03-24-2008, 03:10 PM

*laughs out loudly*

I wouldn't like to ask too many questions so if you wouldn't like to answer I will understand that...
but why don't you finish them?
This post above was just a tiny window still I felt power in it. The style... the idea...
so do you know why you don't finish them?
/really sorry for the OFF topic/

Haha. I don't know, really. I suppose it is part being so busy with school and work all of the time, part knowing where I want the story to go, but not being able to get tehre for whatever reason, and part wanting something I finish to be memorable and great, but never seeing the potential for anything that I write to live up to that. *shrug* There's some examples of my stuff in Turtleback Lane if you are interested(here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=254)(one of the few that is actually finsihed), here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=256), and here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=544). (To direct the conversation that way so we don't throw this thread too far off topic :) ).

Letti
03-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the links. I will read them. Now it's over midnight but I am really happy to know that I can read your works around the site.