PDA

View Full Version : Seaquest DSV/2032

LadyHitchhiker
03-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Who watched it? Who loved it? Who doesn't even know what I'm talking about? The fabulous show from the 90s starring Jonathan Brandis (R.I.P.) and Rob Schneider (another R.I.P.) and the DeLuise brothers...

Ahhhhh how I miss this show being on the air and was dying for a reunion movie which will never happen now that two have passed onto the great sea in the sky. Does that even make sense? Awww...

Let's share!!! :D

To start I would like to state that I have sent a letter to Jonathan Brandis's parents and they were kin enough to send me back two pictures (one a home picture of him with a kitty and a puppy, the other his memorial funeral thingy) and a HANDWRITTEN card and they told me to write back anytime. I knew there was a reason why I liked Jonathan Brandis! His parents must be great!

And who didn't like Piccolo? And Dagwood? I could have watched that show for at least another 10 years even when it became silly.

Heather19
03-20-2008, 02:15 PM
I love this show! It's nice to find someone else who has even heard of it. Season 1 was definately my favorite. Season 2 I still really enjoyed, except for the alien plots, I thought those got kinda silly. Season 3 was my least favorite. I didn't like all the cast changes, and really missed Bridger as captain. I think I actually stopped watching it when it was on air, but I recently downloaded that season and have been going back with the release of season 2 and watching all the episodes over. I think I've only got a few more in season 3 to go. Hopefully they'll release this season on dvd soon, and not wait 2 years like they did the past release.

LadyHitchhiker
03-20-2008, 02:19 PM
I hear you!!!! I don't want to wait that long to remember what happened to Lucas and crew!! Season two was my favorite because Bridger was still there and the DeLuise brothers were there AND Jonathan Brandis...

Heather19
03-20-2008, 02:23 PM
My favorite characters were definately Bridger and Lucas. The Deluise brothers were great in season 2. I also loved Ford and O'Neill and Brody. And Westphalen from season 1. The only one that kinda annoyed me was the doctor in season 2, can't remember her name right now, oh and the captain from season 3. Aside from them all the characters were pretty good.
I'd probably rate this as one of my favorite shows. I wish it was still on.

LadyHitchhiker
03-20-2008, 02:26 PM
I have both seasons on dvd... Wish there was some extra special features on it :(

Heather19
03-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I liked the few bonus scenes with the first season, but how come they didn't do that with season 2. There was absolutly nothing extra on that one.

LadyHitchhiker
03-20-2008, 02:47 PM
It's stupid. They could even just include still shots as extras. I mean they could do that!

mia/susannah
03-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I have never heard of this show. But then I don't watch much television. I have not turned my television on in 4 months. We don't have cable or satellite so we don't get many channels. :arg:

LadyHitchhiker
03-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Awwwwww too bad... you should watch it.. it's on dvd now and you can get season one and two out of three right now. Excellent show.

Heather19
03-21-2008, 11:06 AM
I would recommend checking it out. It aired in the early-mid 90's. It takes place in the not so distant future, where mankind has gone and started colonizing the the ocean. The Seaquest (which is the largest submarine created) is sent to keep the peace within the ocean. It even stars a talking dolphin!

LadyHitchhiker
03-21-2008, 11:08 AM
I love Darwin!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather19
03-21-2008, 11:11 AM
I missed him when he disappeared in season 3!

LadyHitchhiker
03-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah, that just stinks... that's probably why the series didn't stick around. Kids love the talking dolphin...

Heather19
03-22-2008, 08:56 AM
So what are your favorite episodes? I loved Knight of Shadows. The ghost ship episode from season 1. Also the one where the plants take over that horticultural station.

LadyHitchhiker
04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
I loved all of them, but the one where they introduced Dagwood is probably my favorite.

Heather19
04-21-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure if you have netflix, but they have season 3 up that you can view online. So hopefully that means that there will be a dvd in the works to get the last season released.

LadyHitchhiker
04-21-2008, 03:30 PM
:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
:excited: :excited: I almost peed I was so excited by this news! :excited:
:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: