PDA

View Full Version : Why is getting rid of your best gun man a good plot for a movie? [spoilers welcome]

Mordred Deschain
03-18-2008, 10:10 AM
After watching the Bourne movies, Shooter (with Marky Mark), and Hitman, I am trying to figure out why all the plots are almost the same, and with the plot, why do the "bosses" feel that it's a good idea to have their BEST of the BEST set up or assassinated?

Storyslinger
03-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Because they get too good, and are likely to turn on their 'masters'? I really don't know. It doesn't make sense to me.

Matt
03-18-2008, 10:27 AM
I think its like a really good dog you have that bites a neighbor. You don't want to put it down but you pretty much have to at that point.

John Blaze
03-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I'd rather get rid of the neighbor.

since the only movies of these that I've seen are the Bourne ones (awesome movies), I can't comment on the rest.

But Bourne was hit-listed because he fucked up. He didn't complete a mission, which resulted in the problem getting bigger. When he didn't check in, and started going back around they thought he might have been turned.

Matt
03-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Well, I would think what they want to do and what they have to do are two different things.

As is often the case. :lol:

Mattrick
03-19-2008, 10:42 AM
I love the movies when the bad guy gets angry and takes out his second in command. Vader did this several times. It was most beneficial for the awesome Admiral Piette who sadly, met his demise on the Executioner :(

Still Servant
03-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Bourne is totally different.

Jason Bourne was basically a million dollar asset that malfunctioned. In order to dispose of the problem, it was ordered that Jason Bourne be killed.

They didn't want a multimillion dollar, highly trained machine walking around full of secrets trying to kill them. It turns out they had good reason to try to kill Jason Bourne.

Mattrick
03-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, killing Jason Bourne was also a good idea because of his information implicated the American government in some very harsh stuff. It's a good way to protect their own asses but it's not a good reason for killing him lol. They were trying to kill him after he forgot everything and if they'd just left him alone he probably would've been a ok.

devo133
03-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Well, killing Jason Bourne was also a good idea because of his information implicated the American government in some very harsh stuff. It's a good way to protect their own asses but it's not a good reason for killing him lol. They were trying to kill him after he forgot everything and if they'd just left him alone he probably would've been a ok.

Sometimes people get their memory back.

Also similar plot in Kill Bill. But Bill was a crazy mofo. And he was jilted. Crazy people do crazy things especially when love gets thrown into the equation.

Mattrick
03-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Often repressed memories or amnesia need some kind of trigger. It was him feeling threatened and his defense instincts coming out that snowballed into an avalanche of memories and the more he involved himself the more he remembered.

Not saying he wouldn't have recalled one day but them stepping in sure pushed him into it.