PDA

View Full Version : Married...With Children

fernandito
03-14-2008, 09:53 AM
A tribute thread to THE BEST Sit-Com show of all time!

Favorite episodes? Favorite quotes? Any videos or pictures to share? Merchandies? Let's hear it!

-----
Peggy : "I kind of picture myself in a Jaguar"
Al : "If only we could find that hungry, Peg."

Girlystevedave
03-14-2008, 10:09 AM
I've always said that I'm like Kelly Bundy in the sense that every time I learn something new, I forget something else. Like the episode when she is on the gameshow about sports trivia. She got everything right, then, at the end, couldn't answer the question about Al running the touchdowns in the game because she learned too much other stuff...

I bought my dad a No Maam shirt last year for Christmas.

Iwritecode
03-14-2008, 10:14 AM
A tribute thread to THE BEST Sit-Com show of all time!

QFT! :thumbsup:

My favorite episode was the one called "All night security dude". It's the one that featured Bubba Smith as Spare Tire Dixon where he steals Al's football trophy while Al is working as a security guard at the high school. The whole scene between those two was probably the best of the whole series.

My friend an I will quote that episode every time somebody talks about pie.

"I'll give you that trophy right now for a piece of pie!"

I also liked "It's a Bundyful Life" that featured Sam Kinison. The "whoa Jablonsky" cheer cracks me up every time.

Bundyology.com is a great site with more info than you ever needed about the show.

fernandito
03-14-2008, 10:26 AM
:lol:

Everytime my brother asks me 'Why?' question that I don't know that answer to, I say :

Because! Well, because...YOU'RE A CHICKEN!

Iwritecode
03-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Best quote (and said many times by Al) = "Lets rock!"

fernandito
03-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Al : "Look son, it's not that I don't care....okay sure, that's part of it. But I have something very important going on."
Bud : ".....Big Uns' , Dad?"
Al : "Some bigger than your entire body. Now, you have two choices : Get out, or, get the HELL out."

Still Servant
03-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Easily one of the best sitcoms of all time.

Unfortunatlely, it never gets the recogniton it deserves. Fox owes a lot of its present success to Married With Children. It's a shame they never gave them a proper goodbye with a series finale episode. That just sucks.

I got my dad a book about the top 101 sitcoms of all time. I learned that Michael Richards and Sam Kinison were considered for the role of Al Bundy. Also, Roseanne Barr turned down the role as Peg.

fernandito
03-14-2008, 02:18 PM
And Thank Gan they did!

I can't picture Al Bundy being played by anyone else except Ed O'Neil...hell, sometimes I think that Al Bundy is who he really is and that Ed O'Neil is his alter ego :lol:

Girlystevedave
03-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I've always laughed that my dad looks like Al Bundy...mixed with Dale Earnhardt... I swear it.

Still Servant
03-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I can't picture Al Bundy being played by anyone else except Ed O'Neil...hell, sometimes I think that Al Bundy is who he really is and that Ed O'Neil is his alter ego :lol:

I agree. I always had a hard time picturing him as anybody but Al Bundy. A great character will do that.

Does anybody rememeber the film Dutch?

I liked that film when I was growing up.

Girlystevedave
03-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I like the episode where they won the contest to have Anthrax come to their house. Everything was dull until they ate the "food" out of the refrigerator and then rocked out.

Jon
03-15-2008, 08:52 PM
"The Fergussen Flushmaster 2000."

The Kizer ac unit!

Great show!

fernandito
03-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Where there's a guard at the door
and a kitty on the floor...

AT THE NUDY BAR!

Iwritecode
03-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Does anybody rememeber the film Dutch?

I liked that film when I was growing up.

I actually owned that movie at one time. I'm not sure where my copy ended up. It was kinda weird seeing Ed play a character other than "Al".

I also liked Little Giants.

Iwritecode
03-17-2008, 10:34 AM
"The Fergussen Flushmaster 2000."

Now that's a man's flush!

fernandito
03-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Kelly: Okay, Mom is coming home early...is there any way that I can talk you into taking full blame for this?

Bud :You can get me a woman that won't say No.

Kelly :....so there's no way.

Erin
03-17-2008, 12:13 PM
sometimes I think that Al Bundy is who he really is and that Ed O'Neil is his alter ego :lol:

:rofl: Me too!

Anyways, this is such a great show. I especially loved any scenes with the dog thinking in his head.

Ruthful
03-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Oh man, you guys are getting me all nostalgic.

*sniffle*

fernandito
03-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Al: "Son, let me explain something to you. If I don't pass this test that means I can't drive. If I can't drive, I can't go to work. If I can't go to work, that means I'm going to be here, day and night. When you bring your dates over, I'll be here...in my underwear, clipping my toenails, eating cheese-wiz out of the can, in my underwear! You remember the underwear, don't you son?--
Bud : "Not the ones that say, "If he lived here, he'd be home by now"?
Al : "Exactly. Not let me ask you something son : HOW DID I DO?!
Bud : "....you passed."
Al : "Oh, goodie"

fernandito
04-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Al : "What the hell am I supposed to do with a live chicken? (holds cage up)....
Welcome to the Terror-Dome!"

Girlystevedave
05-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm watching the Married With Children episode where Kelly is trying to become the Weenie Tot model......(now I'm craving a corn dog.)

Al asked the owner: "What's the secret ingredient?"
All the employees hid their hook hands behind ther backs.

fernandito
05-29-2008, 08:23 AM

The other day the Peas in a Pod episode came on - I love the part where Jefferson says "So what are you saying? That I'm some mindless-gold digging-pretty boy?" "......" "Well...I'm not!" :rofl:

Girlystevedave
05-29-2008, 08:30 AM
One thing that always sticks out in my head is Marcy getting mad at Al for calling her a chicken, and she turned to Steve/Jefferson ( I can't remember which one it was) and put her hands on her hips and was bobbing/pecking her head over and over saying: "Why does he keep calling me a chicken!?"

:rofl:

fernandito
05-29-2008, 08:33 AM
I know which scene you're talking about, but I can't remember whiich episodes it's from... :doh:

Girlystevedave
05-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Oh, how the confuser has become the confused :dance:

Girlystevedave
06-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Heard it this morning:

Kelly: "No fair! Mom, Bud has more fingers than me."
Peggy: "Well, did you try counting both hands?"
Kelly: "Oh."

fernandito
06-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Al : "You know Peg, I used to think that all men were destined to live a life of anguish and despair...then I realized , it was just me. I used to think that all women were totally useless...then I realized, it was just you."
Peg : "Oh hi Al, I didn't hear you, I was watching Oprah."
Al : "It's okay, Peg - I was talking to Oprah. Anyway, I'm going to live the life I should of had through Aaron. I am going to play - through him, I am going to eat - through him, and if he lets me, I'm going to have sex through him."
Peg : "Oh hi Al, I didn't hear you, I was watching Oprah."
Al : "Heh, if only Oprah was present when I said I do."

The Lady of Shadows
06-25-2008, 12:19 PM
i have two words for you:

PSYCHO DAD!

fernandito
06-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Damn, I'm trying to remember that theme that Marcy made up after she found out that Psycho Dad was canceled, but I can only remember the last line!

♪...Who'll be watching VH1?
Loser Al!
Loser Al!
Loser Alllllllllllllllllll! ♪

The Lady of Shadows
06-25-2008, 12:32 PM
everytime i hear the spongebob theme i think of psycho dad. i'm not sure why. . . . :lol:

Girlystevedave
06-25-2008, 12:45 PM
I can never hear or see anything about the movie "Beaches" without thinking of Married With Children. Isn't that what came on tv when Al was planning on watching the Psycho dad marathon?

fernandito
06-25-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't remember.. :doh:

Girlystevedave
06-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Wait...what's this? Feev cant remember something as important as this.

(I wonder how cold it is in hell right now :orely:)

fernandito
06-25-2008, 01:50 PM

Girlystevedave
07-11-2008, 02:08 PM
I thought of this yesterday as I lounged on the couch while my mom and sister cleaned my house. (Hey, it's doctor's orders :lol:) I told my mom that we needed to get walkie talkies or a bell for me to ring when I needed something.

It immediately made me think of that episode where Al and Kelly are sick with a cold and Kelly has that bell that she used to call AL whenever she needed something. Every single time Al gets deep into a dream, she wakes him up by ringing it.
One time, he comes downstairs and she's got it in Buck's mouth letting him shake it back and forth. "Look dad...Isn't Buck cute?"

fernandito
07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
I remember that episode!

(rings bell)

Kelly : "DAAADDY!"
Al : "What, WHAT?!"
Kelly : " I can't sleep"
Al : "Well why don't you try counting something? Like the seconds you have to live!"

Girlystevedave
08-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Peggy : "I kind of picture myself in a Jaguar"
Al : "If only we could find that hungry, Peg."

:lol: Why am I just noticing this since it's the very first post?

Anywayz...I thought of this earlier after Skol Arthur Heath was quoting the "Fever" song. It reminded me of the episode where Kelly was told she had to take tap class and she did the dance with the janitor to the song "Fever". The whole audience got turned on by it and the tap teacher(?) was all over Al.
Al to Peggy: "She bit me on the neck...now I'm gonna live forever.

Girlystevedave
09-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Al: "Where is Kelly right now anyway?"
Bud: "She's on a double date. Her and two guys."
----------------------------------------------
Peggy:" Why can't men just say the words 'I can't do it'. Even on our honeymoon, Al refused to say it."

Girlystevedave
01-08-2009, 08:01 PM
"On that day, I had to stand up to the toughest, biggest man I'd ever seen. Steve, that man was Peg's mother."
-Al Bundy

flaggwalkstheline
01-08-2009, 08:32 PM
funniest non cartoon show ever
(except arrested develoment but I'll not get into that show which fox also cancelled much to my sadness though it did have a proper ending)

It was funny the other day my brother clogged the toilet (u can guess with what lol) and he said "uh I just had a code bundy"
which is of a course a reference to the joke that every time al uses the toilets at the mall he breaks them due to sheer force and the mall janitors have a code special for accidents cause because of him

I was watching the futurama episode spoofing it where leila (who is voiced by katie segal) meets a one eyed man named al-cazar (not sure if ed harris voiced him) and they go through a whole spoof on married with children
it was awesome

Iwritecode
01-09-2009, 01:39 PM
They actually made comic books for this show. I have a handful of them.

SigTauGimp
01-14-2009, 01:43 AM
I was watching the futurama episode spoofing it where leila (who is voiced by katie segal) meets a one eyed man named al-cazar (not sure if ed o'neill voiced him) and they go through a whole spoof on married with children
it was awesome

I recently watched that as well. The episode was called "A Bicyclops Built For Two". I loved how Matt Groening even changed Leela's hair in the episode to resemble how Katey Sagal had it in Married...with Children. And no, it wasn't Ed, sadly...but that would have been frickin' awesome!:panic:

flaggwalkstheline
01-14-2009, 01:30 PM
correction I confused Ed harris with Ed oneil who actually played al bundy
silly name mistake

The Cosmic Geek
01-15-2009, 09:46 AM
I remember watching this show when it first came out and laughing but now as an adult I really laugh at it. Funny stuff. Can't believe they had a spin off show of this, the one with Nikki Cox and that talking rabbit plush voiced by Bobcat Goldwaith.

One of my favorite episodes is when Al hears his favorite song but can't remember the words or name except for this one part: Hmmm hmmm Him. and then he does that little dance. Love that episode.

I think Joey from Friends was in that episode.