PDA

View Full Version : Northern Exposure

devo133
03-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Are there any fans of that quirky show from the 90's here?

http://a517.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/117/l_1cf611fc74f9a4bdbff2e48da86525b4.jpg

jayson
03-10-2008, 03:50 AM
my fav show ever.

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 04:54 AM
I loved that show. My favorite tv show ever was Firefly but this is up there.

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Can you buy the whole series on DVD now?

CRinVA
03-10-2008, 05:08 AM
One of my Top Ten All Time Fav TV shows!

jayson
03-10-2008, 05:14 AM

i do not believe the final season is out yet but i could be wrong. my fav part of the series is the whole run at the end of the Dr Fleischman story, where he runs off to the fishing village and lives with the natives.

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 05:33 AM
I don't have a favorite, but one of them is when the Indian shaman in training kid, whats his name..goes to fight the runner's demon.

jayson
03-10-2008, 06:06 AM
awesome episode, one of at least two with Ed's "little green man" demon who is a fav of mine. from a comparative mythology geek's perspective, those make for great episodes.

obscurejude
03-10-2008, 08:58 AM

i do not believe the final season is out yet but i could be wrong. my fav part of the series is the whole run at the end of the Dr Fleischman story, where he runs off to the fishing village and lives with the natives.

I don't think they're all ready, but when I got House season two, there was a promo for it and it looks like they mean to release the whole series. I think its Universal Home Video.

jayson
03-10-2008, 09:25 AM
yeah, i'm sure they will, just not quickly enough for me as there are certain episodes i want to see NOW. i'm not too patient with things like this.:excited:

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
So, now I've got the X-Files entire series to buy and Northern Exposure. Sweeeeeeet.

jayson
03-10-2008, 10:13 AM
tv is much better on dvd.

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Especially since I don't watch tv anymore.

jayson
03-10-2008, 10:15 AM
90% of my tv watching is watching dvds of tv shows. there are very very few shows aside from sports i watch on actual tv anymore, House being the obvious exception.

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 10:19 AM
The..obvious...sure. I didn't know it was obvious... :lol: Anyway, I haven't watched tv regularly since Cheers went off the air. I watched Seinfeld and X-Files when I could catch it, but didn't go out of my way to watch anything.

Armand St Pierre
03-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I'd actually put up with tv adds for Northern Exposure, if it could only be found.

I too am a bigger fan of the later episodes as my appreciation of the show didn't revolve around Joel and Maggie's relationship.

Check this out Chris in the Morning fans

devo133
03-10-2008, 12:57 PM

Yeah! The entire series is out on DVD. You can buy the complete set and it comes with a cool bag. I already bought the seasons individually but I still want that bag!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oDUNl%2B30L._AA240_.jpg

devo133
03-10-2008, 01:12 PM
awesome episode, one of at least two with Ed's "little green man" demon who is a fav of mine. from a comparative mythology geek's perspective, those make for great episodes.

I can't help but smile whenever I watch. The writing is just amazing. The way they tie in poetry, philosophy, and Native folklore. I love the little green man episode too. Hilarious! I have so many favorites episodes. One that comes to mind is "Jules et Joel" when Joel's evil twin comes to town. Jules was really just his darker disinhibited self that he doesn't want people to see. It's an insightful episode of self discovery. And Joel actually gets analyzed by Sigmund Freud in a jail cell, priceless!

jayson
03-10-2008, 01:18 PM

I can't help but smile whenever I watch. The writing is just amazing. The way they tie in poetry, philosophy, and Native folklore. I love the little green man episode too. Hilarious! I have so many favorites episodes. One that comes to mind is "Jules et Joel" when Joel's evil twin comes to town. Jules was really just his darker disinhibited self that he doesn't want people to see. It's an insightful episode of self discovery. And Joel actually gets analyzed by Sigmund Freud in a jail cell, priceless!

Jules et Joel stands out for at least two reasons... (1) Joel meets Freud which is a great set of scenes, and (2) it ends with a ref to Wizard of Oz

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 02:23 PM

Yeah! The entire series is out on DVD. You can buy the complete set and it comes with a cool bag. I already bought the seasons individually but I still want that bag!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oDUNl%2B30L._AA240_.jpg

Deep awesomeness. :harrier: Thank you.

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Ummmm, I'm reading the Amazon reviews and folk are saying that the original music of the show is NOT included?? WHAT!?

devo133
03-10-2008, 02:32 PM
YouTube - 'Northern Exposure' - Northern Lights

Sometimes it just brings out the child-like fascination and wonder hidden in all of us. It's not just a show, it's a state of mind!

devo133
03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Ummmm, I'm reading the Amazon reviews and folk are saying that the original music of the show is NOT included?? WHAT!?

Wow that sux! I don't know why they would take that out from the complete set. The individual season DVDs definitely has the original music.

Philzilla
03-15-2008, 04:36 PM

Wow that sux! I don't know why they would take that out from the complete set. The individual season DVDs definitely has the original music.

The individual seasons do not have the original music, which really sux.

devo133
03-15-2008, 09:17 PM

Hmm I don't notice any difference with the original version on my DVDs.

jayson
03-16-2008, 01:53 AM

Hmm I don't notice any difference with the original version on my DVDs.

i have 1-4 individually, and i've not noticed any difference in music from when the show aired, or aired in syndication. what music is alleged to be missing?

Philzilla
10-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Jeez Iraq sux. Kind of been unable to access this website for a while.
Anyway as we were discussing back in March, season 1 has all the original music, after that replacement music is used as well as recycling music from the episode replacing some of the songs. Season six is the worst with almost all replacement music.