PDA

View Full Version : Oy and Wolf (The Talisman and DT Spoilers)

ATG
03-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Connections.

To me, Oy and Wolf are twinners, the same characters on different levels of The Tower.

Letti
03-09-2008, 01:22 AM
I know I will sound very very stupid but which Wolf?

OchrisO
03-09-2008, 01:30 AM
I think he means the character Wolf from The Talisman.

Letti
03-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Thank you for the help.
I haven't read it so I think I'll pass this one.

Jon
03-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Damn!!

I thought it meant the wolf from "Little Red Riding Hood!!!"

jayson
03-09-2008, 03:26 AM
I think the characters play similar roles, talking animals that befriend adventure-seeking boys, but I think Jake and Jack are closer to being twins than Oy and Wolf. Still, both are great characters.

Jon
03-09-2008, 03:32 AM
I think the characters play similar roles, talking animals that befriend adventure-seeking boys, but I think Jake and Jack are closer to being twins than Oy and Wolf. Still, both are great characters.

So...where does the wolf masquerading as grandma come in?

Jean
03-09-2008, 03:35 AM
I never really saw Wolf as a talking animal; nor any connections between him and Oy.

jayson
03-09-2008, 03:41 AM
I never really saw Wolf as a talking animal; nor any connections between him and Oy.

i kinda meant to a 12 year old boy he'd be seen in a "magic animal" sense. he's not human, not completely, though he has plenty of humanity... and he is a very real animal when the moon is full, so he is certainly something "other" to jack. he's a great character, that's for sure.

Jean
03-09-2008, 03:43 AM
I see it better now, thank you! the connection is more in what they are for those little boys (Jack and Jake) than in what they are by themselves; yes, it makes some sense

alinda
03-09-2008, 04:11 AM
I wasnt sure , but choose yes because it seems that with the exception of
some very important character's that many are twinners or serve the beam on different levels of the tower in connected ways. I loved both Oy and Wolf very much and do not wish to detract from them 1 iota of the importance they play or their roles in general. This said I think they could be connected some how. Am I making any sense? I'm not sure , and look forward to your thoughts on the matter.

jayson
03-09-2008, 04:13 AM
I see it better now, thank you! the connection is more in what they are for those little boys (Jack and Jake) than in what they are by themselves; yes, it makes some sense

exactly. i see their roles to their boy counterparts as somewhat similar, but i see no specififc parallels between them. like i said, if those worlds are connected, i see jack and jake as more parallel than wolf and oy. wolf is, at least partially, a human. oy is a very intelligent animal.

mia/susannah
03-09-2008, 04:21 AM
I can see that there is a connection between Jack and Jake and Oy and Wolf. Both wolf and oy befriend these young men, they love and protect them to the best of their abilities. I love both wolf and oy. I was so sad when they died. But they both died a heroic death.

Wuducynn
03-09-2008, 08:59 AM
No.

ManOfWesternesse
03-09-2008, 03:47 PM

exactly. i see their roles to their boy counterparts as somewhat similar, but i see no specififc parallels between them. like i said, if those worlds are connected, i see jack and jake as more parallel than wolf and oy. wolf is, at least partially, a human. oy is a very intelligent animal.

Well put.

No, I would'nt see Oy & Wolf as twinners.

MonteGss
03-09-2008, 03:59 PM
As the resident proliferator of the Twinner concept ( :lol: ) I say no to Oy-Wolf twinner idea.

Storyslinger
03-10-2008, 06:12 AM
I don't think they are twinners, but they are both well loved characters in my opinion. Wolf is almost like a semi-human, where as Oy's just a bumbler

Brice
03-10-2008, 06:17 AM
I see what Jayson mentioned regarding parallels. I do not view oy and wolf as twinners at all though.

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 09:48 AM
No.

Woofer
03-14-2008, 04:30 AM
They're too different to be considered twinners.

LadyHitchhiker
03-14-2008, 02:39 PM
All I know is I LOVED Wolf and Oy. But... Wolf was more real to me as a conscious individual. Oy, I kind of thought of as a talking version of my cat Linus, who although is brilliant, is a different type of intelligent from Wolf... to me... but I could be wrong.

Great concept!