PDA

View Full Version : Songs/Artists You Don't Like to Admit You Love

devo133
03-07-2008, 12:00 AM
We all have songs/artists we don't like to admit we like, especially if you're into hard rock/heavy metal like me. Here's a chance to let our skeletons out of the closet so to speak :unsure: I'll break the ice...

Jewel - I love her first album Pieces of You. I learned how to finger pick on guitar from that album.

Genesis' "Hold On My Heart." Heard it when I was kid. And it's been stuck in my head ever since.

The Carpenters. I hear that piano intro to Close to You (Just like Birds) every time I see a pretty girl lol.

Enya - Sometimes I just like listening to air :)

blackrose22
03-07-2008, 02:54 AM
I listen mostly to Rock and Metal too but have a soft spot for some of Madonna's stuff. Beautiful Stranger and Ray of light send shivers down my spine whenever I hear them. It looks weird between my Metallica/Megadeth/Motorhead albums but who gives a fu...!

Rjeso
03-07-2008, 04:27 AM
I'm also a rock/metal kind of girl (at least first and foremost - I really do have a lot of different genres in my collection). The songs or artists that are way out of my usual tastes are

Maroon 5
Independent Woman - Destiny's Child
Some of Eminem's stuff
Some Outkast stuff
A couple Black-Eyed Peas songs

As you can tell, I don't listen to a lot of pop/hip hop/rap sorts of stuff, so these definitely stand out in the crowd.

Samanthita
03-07-2008, 05:02 AM
Matchbox 20. Only the first cd... and mostly, just the last song. But hell, I got that cd 12 years ago, so I grew up with it. Same with Third Eye Blind, but everyone knows I love them.

Also, Northstar. They're just so... poppy? Compared to most of the music I listen to at least. Usually I don't like stuff like that, but for some reason...

I could go on and on all day in this thread. But I'm not going to. It's safe to say that anything in my iTunes from the 90's and about half of my pop punk, I don't admit to.

Girlystevedave
03-07-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm also a rock/metal kind of girl (at least first and foremost - I really do have a lot of different genres in my collection). The songs or artists that are way out of my usual tastes are

Maroon 5
Some of Eminem's stuff
Some Outkast stuff

As you can tell, I don't listen to a lot of pop/hip hop/rap sorts of stuff, so these definitely stand out in the crowd.

What's embarrassing about Outkast? They rock.

Erin
03-07-2008, 08:02 AM
I have to admit that I do like some country like Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson that I will listen to when I'm alone in the car.

I also have to admit that I really like the Spice Girls. :cry: They are great music to work out to.

Rjeso
03-07-2008, 08:02 AM
They're just not the sort of band I typically listen to, and I think my friends would probably laugh at me if they knew I had Outkast songs, hahaha. So they go on my list here. *shrug*

alinda
03-07-2008, 08:07 AM
I listen to ALOt of Andrea Bocelli, I am not ashamed of this, but not
too many people who hear this go...."Oh I love that guy".

LadyHitchhiker
03-07-2008, 08:46 AM
I love Genesis and The Carpenters!!

But stuff I'm embarrassed about liking:

Avril Lavigne
Shakira
Garth Brooks (I'm not a country girl)
New Kids on the Block
Mika (used to be but am now growing some pride for it)
Enya
Christina Aguilera's "dirty" and "Beautiful"

but mostly I'm not ashamed of what I listen to...

fernandito
03-07-2008, 05:23 PM

Maroon 5
Some of Eminem's stuff
Some Outkast stuff

What's embarrassing about Outkast? They rock.

I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
I am for real
Never meant to make your daughter cry
I apologize a trillion times

Rjeso
03-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Hahaha, and feev swoops in to prove my point. Thanks, Fernando, you're always there for me. :P

fernandito
03-07-2008, 10:37 PM
(sheepish grin)

Just here to help. :)

obscurejude
03-08-2008, 07:16 PM
We all have songs/artists we don't like to admit we like, especially if you're into hard rock/heavy metal like me. Here's a chance to let our skeletons out of the closet so to speak :unsure: I'll break the ice...

Jewel - I love her first album Pieces of You. I learned how to finger pick on guitar from that album.

Genesis' "Hold On My Heart." Heard it when I was kid. And it's been stuck in my head ever since.

The Carpenters. I hear that piano intro to Close to You (Just like Birds) every time I see a pretty girl lol.

Enya - Sometimes I just like listening to air :)

Devo, that's really interesting. The first song I learned to finger pick was "I was meant for you." I was only fourteen at the time. I also love that first album, its got a lot of great stuff on there. "Come back to sleep" is one of my favorite songs. People are usually pretty surprised when I talk about how much I like this album. There's just something about it that is so genuine...most people seem not to have any idea.

obscurejude
03-08-2008, 07:26 PM
I realize the grammar is bad (see above). I'm just a little tipsy.

HanzouNorak
03-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Green Day, i hate to admit it because they became emo with American idot.

obscurejude
03-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Became emo? Clarify sir, if it pleases you.

Bethany
03-08-2008, 08:03 PM
my "real" musical tastes are all over the board and i'm not ashamed to own up to any of it.

but my secret shame:

the jonas brothers

/is prepared to relinquish her membership

Girlystevedave
03-08-2008, 08:04 PM

**GASP**:o

cierra el osico!

OKay, I know the eyeliner is unnecessary, but the music is still good. It is not emo.

Girlystevedave
03-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Once again....NOT EMO

obscurejude
03-08-2008, 08:09 PM
What do you mean by emo girly? I really like early emo- before it was trendy. I'm thinking of Dashboard Confessional in the late 90's, Further Seems Forever, Juliana Theory etc...

Girlystevedave
03-08-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm just very defensive. I don't really have anything against emo, but Green Day's music has never ever ever been emo.
Trust me....I'd know.

HanzouNorak
03-08-2008, 08:15 PM

**GASP**:o

cierra el osico!

OKay, I know the eyeliner is unnecessary, but the music is still good. It is not emo.

the album was mostly 50/50. i really liked them b4 cause they didn't have any style. hmm, looking but on it i can find a few emo songs, dont ask me which cause i cant remember names.

obscurejude
03-08-2008, 08:18 PM
I would say that "Welcome to Paradise" might have a little emo in its tank- its long, lots of breaks, guitar builds and break downs etc... "Long View" comes to mind as well for similar reasons (the album version). Oh yeah, "I was thinking of you" is pretty damn emo.

Girlystevedave
03-08-2008, 08:20 PM
The songs aren't emo. They've just grown as artists and are able to write slow songs as well as kick ass songs.
American Idiot only has a few slower songs.

Girlystevedave
03-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I would say that "Welcome to Paradise" might have a little emo in its tank- its long, lots of breaks, guitar builds and break downs etc... "Long View" comes to mind as well for similar reasons (the album version). Oh yeah, "I was thinking of you" is pretty damn emo.

What!? Longview and Thinking of you? Longview is about boredom and angst and masturbation.
And Thinking Of You is about...masturbation.
The topic of masturbation is not emo.

obscurejude
03-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I honestly don't follow you. Why must you use emo as a pejorative term?

obscurejude
03-08-2008, 08:23 PM
My descriptions of the songs were musical, not content oriented.

obscurejude
03-08-2008, 08:23 PM
You didn't respond to anything I said specifically. Further, you've never defined emo (I at least attempted)

Girlystevedave
03-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Because emo is normally used to refer to "emotional" music....not songs about jerking off.

obscurejude
03-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I think I qualified how I was using the term. Anyways, don't worry about it. Let's just drop it. I have no qualms about Green Day, I was just curious about your comments because you are a fan and I like talking about music. I had no desire to make you mad.

Girlystevedave
03-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Believe me, I'm not mad.

Jon
03-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Little River Band

jayson
03-09-2008, 03:38 AM
My descriptions of the songs were musical, not content oriented.

which is where i believe genre, if such a thing really does exist, is to be found. for example, what "genre" is Hendrix' "Manic Depression"? unless you said "waltz," you're off. it can have raging guitar, it can be, according to jimi, "about a guy who wishes he could make love to music instead of a woman" but ultimately, it's in 3/4 waltz time, it's a waltz. furthermore, there are upbeat blues songs, but they are still clearly blues. also, i don't believe in genre-fication of music. one of my fav artists is tom waits, how can i believe in genre?

and on topic... i can admit that i listen to anything i listen to without hesitation. my music tastes are what they are and i can honestly say i don't give a damn what other people think about them. thing is, other people care what i think about music bc they're always coming to me about it. i think it's being able to admit i like what i like and review it honestly.

fernandito
03-09-2008, 06:09 AM

cierra el osico!

:rofl: :wub:

Brice
03-09-2008, 08:19 AM
The topic of masturbation is not emo.

What if it makes you really sad? :orely:

Then is it emo? :lol:

obscurejude
03-09-2008, 08:35 AM
I obviously have no clue Brice :orely:

obscurejude
03-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Believe me, I'm not mad.

I'm glad.:couple:

Ruthful
03-12-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm gonna get killed for this, but I really like Billy Joel.

I like Pet Clark's stuff too, although I have no trouble admitting it publicly. However, right now I'm listening to her cover of "My Guy" and boy does it suck donkey balls.

:doh:

LadyHitchhiker
03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm kinda embarrassed about this but I REALLY like Miley Cyrus's song about stuttering...

Her voice sounds so dark and greedy... so big a voice for her age.

Heather19
03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm kinda embarrassed about this but I REALLY like Miley Cyrus's song about stuttering...

Well since you admitted it, I will too. The song is hardly the greatest, but it's so catchy I can't help but like it.

OchrisO
03-12-2008, 04:57 PM
I stopped being embarrassed over music a long time ago. Now I like what I like, and don't much care what other folks think about it.

sarah
03-14-2008, 07:12 AM
It is my dirty little secret that I love Kelly Clarkston. :doh:

Rjeso
03-14-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm gonna get killed for this, but I really like Billy Joel.

Hell no, take a look at the Live Performances thread - almost everybody who has posted has been to a Billy Joel concert. He's one of my favorites.

Wuducynn
03-14-2008, 08:18 AM
I am Britney Spears biggest fan, especially post pregnancy.

jayson
03-14-2008, 08:49 AM
i love old billy joel. additionally, he put on one of the best shows i've ever seen. there's no shame in liking anyone, but def no shame in likeing him. i feel ashamed for people who are ashamed to like what they like. actually i don't. i feel contempt for them. well, not utter contempt, but closer to that than the other, for sure. over and out.

Wuducynn
03-14-2008, 12:26 PM
I know, I was being facetious about Britney though...just to get a rise out of someone. Most anyone I say something like that to gets all upset because I say I like someone its no longer "cool to like". Personally I couldn't care less who likes whom.

Wuducynn
03-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I AM a Neil Diamond fan, though. :)

jayson
03-14-2008, 12:46 PM
i like some, def not all, but some neil diamond. he's cheesy, but there's a need for a little cheese sometimes and he does it better than a lot of others. besides, i grew up with my mom playing a lot of him.

LadyHitchhiker
03-14-2008, 01:55 PM
It is my dirty little secret that I love Kelly Clarkston. :doh:
I do...
and James Blunt :embarassed:

But I love Billy Joel and I'm not embarrassed about it!

LadyHitchhiker
03-14-2008, 02:02 PM

Well since you admitted it, I will too. The song is hardly the greatest, but it's so catchy I can't help but like it.

You know what it sounds like a little bit though... "I wear my sunglasses at night"...

LadyHitchhiker
10-21-2008, 04:44 PM
I love Elton John.

lead dealer
10-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Pains me to admit, amoung the classic rock I normaly listen to, mainly metal, there is < sigh> Billy Jole.....

Not ashamed to say "weird Al" Yankovich!!

Puts on a spectacular stage show!!

:nana:

LadyHitchhiker
10-26-2008, 04:18 AM
Not ashamed at all about Weird Al!!!!!!! W00t!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seymour_Glass
11-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I actually like Blink-182. But I can't tell my punk friends.:cry:

jayson
11-14-2008, 05:14 PM
I actually like Blink-182. But I can't tell my punk friends.:cry:

You could probably get away with saying you like them if you don't call them punk. I'd let you slide if you made that distinction. :)

Seymour_Glass
11-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks, man. I'm always very clear that they're pop, but still...

jayson
11-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Some people can get very specific and snobbish about music. I'm often guilty of it myself. I don't insist that others share my opinions on music, I just can't help but voice them. It's an addiction.

Empath of the White
11-15-2008, 07:50 PM
HIM

Mostly because people may see it as a Hot Topic icon and some folks associate Hot Topic with "corporate goth." Apparently that makes them posers or something. Also for a while the heartagram was more famous than the actual band because of that show Viva La Bam.

Seymour_Glass
01-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, so the new Panic at the Disco album's pretty good. Amazing how much better they got after dropping the !

jayson
01-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah, so the new Panic at the Disco album's pretty good. Amazing how much better they got after dropping the !

Maybe it's easier to make music without the sense of urgency? :P

obscurejude
01-17-2009, 08:45 PM
I love Strawberry Wine by Deanna Carter.

Brice
01-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I am so sorry, Ryan! :(

Me too!

obscurejude
01-17-2009, 08:48 PM
:lol:

Its a great song.

Brice
01-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Yes, yes it is...and generally speaking I hate modern country. Still it's pretty damn cool.

flaggwalkstheline
01-17-2009, 09:01 PM
My Chemical Romance
though i'm not ashamed to like but being a punk freak I was initially hesitant to listen to them but when I gave it a try I was like "Holy Shit!!!!! These guys r a modern Iron Maiden!!!! How could anyone not love this stuff? its not "Emo" its wicked goth metal with a flare for the dramatic!"

theyspunaweb
01-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Dashboard Confessional.

They actually are/were my favorite.
I think I am at or may be beyond the growing out of it stage. There was a time and a place.

obscurejude
01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
I love Dashboard as well. I've been listening to Chris Carraba since his Further Seems Forever days and I still enjoy him even after the emo backlash.

theyspunaweb
01-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Wow, that's cool. I listened to his FSF stuff after I really began liking his Dashboard stuff (which wasn't after Screaming Infidelities, I don't think I liked that song when it first came out, I think I started enjoying Dashboard after hearing Hands Down, and then discovering all of the old acoustic stuff like Places). I love Snowbirds and Townies, and a few others, but I don't know all of his stuff from his FSF days, and beyond that, I didn't listen to anything by other bands he was in.

obscurejude
01-19-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't think he recorded anything in the Vacant Andy's.

Snowbirds and Townies is a great song and I highly recommend that whole album.

SpaceMaN
01-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Dixie Chicks, Fiona Apple, The 5th Dimension, others....

The main one though, I lovelovelove Jewel.

jayson
01-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Why wouldn't anyone want to admit they like Fiona Apple?
I love Fiona Apple. Great voice, great pianist and smokin' hot to boot. What's not to like?
Listen to her with pride SpaceMan. :)

Armand St Pierre
01-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Why wouldn't anyone want to admit they like Fiona Apple?
I love Fiona Apple. Great voice, great pianist and smokin' hot to boot. What's not to like?
Listen to her with pride SpaceMan. :)

Probably one of the most respectable women in music right now.....and she IS smokin' too.

In line with this thread......I can't seem to get that Pussycatdolls song "When I grow Up" outta my head. ***probably doesn't help that my wife plays it non stop when she wants to shake her booty for me :) ***

all I really have to say about it is......OH YEAH, Go Busta! Flip mode baby!:clap:

Heather19
01-25-2009, 02:37 PM
I agree about Fiona, I love her. What has she been up to lately? I haven't really heard much about in the past year or two.

jayson
01-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't think she's done much since Extraordinary Machine (a great album). She has played shows, but she hasn't been on the radar for me in awhile either. Hopefully she's working on a new batch of songs.

Heather19
01-25-2009, 03:32 PM
That's what I was wondering. That was the last album I've heard from her, and that was a couple years ago. I believe she also went on tour with Nickle Creek maybe last year or the year before.
I too hope she's working on something, I don't want see her disappear.

Merlin1958
01-25-2009, 03:35 PM
I love Elton John.

Ditto but not in a physical sense lol lol

Also, hate to admit it but, Certain melodies by Air Supply and of course Frampton (Shhhhh, from my era that was a big baddie!!! lol)

jayson
01-25-2009, 04:34 PM
I too hope she's working on something, I don't want see her disappear.

I don't think there's much danger of that. I hope not anyway. She seems like she takes awhile between albums, but it's always worth the wait.

Seymour_Glass
04-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Most of my friends despise ska. So they're not entirely supportive of all the Streetlight Manifesto I've been listening to. But, as I declared today, I like Ska and don't care who knows!!

Nerak
04-24-2009, 12:05 AM
I had to mention this..when I saw this thread in my view new posts it had 77 replies and 777 views. Thought that was cool.

And I am not ashamed to admit to liking any music. I just like what sounds good to me.

Jean
04-24-2009, 12:34 AM
bears love Slade........................

jayson
04-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Most of my friends despise ska. So they're not entirely supportive of all the Streetlight Manifesto I've been listening to. But, as I declared today, I like Ska and don't care who knows!!

You should pick up this, if you don't already have it...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KUcPH1OEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

One of the better offerings from the great series of Trojan box sets.

Iwritecode
04-24-2009, 11:57 AM
I listen to Pandora (http://www.pandora.com) at work all the time. One of my "stations" is Evanescence, which I have no problem admitting too.

But some of the songs that come up on that station are by Plumb, Within Temptation, Avril Lavigne, T.A.T.U.

Yea, I listen to them all... :unsure:

AlishaRiley
04-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Fleetwood mac. :ninja:

Seymour_Glass
04-24-2009, 02:33 PM

You should pick up this, if you don't already have it...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KUcPH1OEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

One of the better offerings from the great series of Trojan box sets.

I've never heard of any Trojan box sets. I'll look into it. And obtaining money.

jayson
04-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I've never heard of any Trojan box sets. I'll look into it. And obtaining money.

A world of wonderful reggae awaits you. If I figure out how to obtain money, I'll let you know but it's not a specialty of mine.

The Disc Of The Calla
04-24-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm a metal man through & through but I'm partial to:

The Sunshine movie soundtrack (its the balls).

Jon
05-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Air Supply

*looks ashamed and hands over his headbanger card*

candy
05-02-2009, 01:12 AM
mr c says all my music taste is embarassing. i am an open fan of robbie williams and will young. my taste is very varied and mr c hates the fact that my ipod has pink floyd and robbie followed by a bit of johnny cash,

i am a closet fan of ricky martin, but i really only tell close friends this so keep it under your hats

turtlex
05-02-2009, 06:55 PM
( I will never live this down if Jayson sees it )

Poison / Every Rose Has It's Thorn.

I love it. I sing along every time I hear it.

sarajean
05-02-2009, 07:50 PM

ah, dude. i have monster ballads. and know the words to every damn song. top that shit.

Brice
05-03-2009, 05:45 AM

ah, dude. i have monster ballads. and know the words to every damn song. top that shit.

I've gone to see Poison five or six times now.

turtlex
05-03-2009, 07:33 AM

I smell a summer Hair Metal meet-up !!

Brice
05-03-2009, 07:36 AM

I don't drive. Maybe Jayson will give me a ride there. :lol:

turtlex
05-03-2009, 07:39 AM
I say we hire Poison, Tesla, Lita Ford, LA Guns and Skid Row to put on a Jayson Benefit Concert - in his backyard.

( um, yeah, and okay, Lita Ford is there for my benefit )

sarajean
05-03-2009, 07:42 AM
but...she'll kiss you deadly. :(

turtlex
05-03-2009, 07:43 AM
And what a way to go!

Kissed deadly by Lita Ford while in sarajean's bra.

jayson
05-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I say we hire Poison, Tesla, Lita Ford, LA Guns and Skid Row to put on a Jayson Benefit Concert - in his backyard.

I have never in my life been happier to live in an apartment and not have a backyard. :P

Erin
05-03-2009, 12:50 PM

LOL. My boyfriend is obsessed with hair metal. It's all I ever hear. I do love me some Bret Michaels though. :wub:

Empath of the White
05-03-2009, 01:10 PM
New one: Paramore.

turtlex
05-03-2009, 01:12 PM

I have never in my life been happier to live in an apartment and not have a backyard. :P

Ohhhhhh! I've been *so* busted !!!!!! :couple:

LOL. My boyfriend is obsessed with hair metal. It's all I ever hear. I do love me some Bret Michaels though. :wub:

We'll see you at Jayson's !!

New one: Paramore.

Oh, me, too. "That's What You Get" - I play it on Rock Band and have the cd. :I think I'm hopeless:

Empath of the White
05-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Yay I'm not alone:) Its "Let the Flames Begin" that got my listening to them.

soylentjillian
05-04-2009, 12:34 AM
lady gaga.

i more admire her though for her crazy-ass style.

jos
05-04-2009, 04:24 AM
I don't like to admit I love Panic at the disco. And most songs from the Hairspray movie...

Seymour_Glass
05-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Their new album is legit. Hairspray I can't help you with.

Erin
05-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Taylor Swift........*runs and hides*

Seymour_Glass
05-09-2009, 03:53 PM
The Moldy Peaches in your sig counteracts that, thankfully. Actually, i don't find Taylor Swift a fifth as annoying as I do a lot of other country or pop artists.

idk, my bff jill?
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm always a bit reluctant to say I like Calle 13 if only because I hate the Calle 13 bandwagon. ><

SigTauGimp
05-09-2009, 07:58 PM
My guilty pleasure bands are Mayday Parade, Cradle of Filth, and Ours. The reason I call them "guilty pleasure bands" is each one of them are from a genre that I generally dislike for the most part.(And I've made my dislike of each well-known.:P)

Ruthful
07-24-2009, 07:58 PM
I'd probably be reluctant to admit I like The Offspring, if it weren't for the fact that I stopped listening to the band after Conspiracy of One.

Also, The Wolfetones. I always have arguments with my right wing Irish friends about them, and usually have to defend their fans against the charge that they're all Provo-loving scum.

In terms of songs, I suppose admitting I like this would be pretty embarrassing for anyone else:

YouTube - Honey, Bobby Goldsboro

YouTube - Middle of the Road - Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - Totp 1971

There are undoubtedly tons of others, but those are the only ones that crop up immediately.

ola
07-25-2009, 12:24 PM
It's tough for me to listen to Destiny's Child around other people...even the bf, who appreciates a lot of pop stuff!

idk, my bff jill?
07-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately, thanks to The Hangover, I've got Right Round by Flo Rida stuck in my head. :panic:

Ruthful
07-25-2009, 11:25 PM
It could be worse. You could have that scene with the obese, really old, naked patient being examined in your head.

Ruthful
08-04-2009, 06:23 AM
I just thought of this as I was listening to the oldies station this morning, Melissa Manchester!

I also like Cat Stevens, the stuff he wrote before he became a totally psycho Khomeinist.

Seymour_Glass
11-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I enjoy AFI. There, it's out.

flaggwalkstheline
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
I enjoy AFI. There, it's out.

I enjoy them as well
occassionally
here's something I'm embarassed about, my favorite performance of All Along The Watchtower is the one by U2 on Rattle & Hum:P

Frunobulax
11-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I really really like Math and Physics club. It's just really twee music...

flaggwalkstheline
11-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I really really like Math and Physics club. It's just really twee music...

u used the word twee:clap:

Frunobulax
11-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah. I actually love twee pop quite a bit.

Seymour_Glass
11-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Twee pop can be fun. I love how i know all these terms now. A few months ago, if somebody told me they listened to shoegaze lo-fi noise pop I would ask what the lead singers name was.

Fruno, you are partially responsible for this.

flaggwalkstheline
11-12-2009, 03:25 PM
the only twee pop bands I'm familiar with are the cardigans, orange juice, shonen knife and the vaselines
I just think it's fun word to say and I hadnt heard it in a while

TWEEEEE!!!!!:P

Brice
11-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Too many labels for me. I'm content to keep it simple. There are two types of music; good and bad.

Frunobulax
11-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Vaselines are great, as are Beat Happening, Eux Autres, Math and Physics Club, Camera Obscura, and The Boy Least Likely To.

sarah
11-12-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that I've listened to boom boom pow by black eyed peas several times today. ><

Myste
11-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Too many labels for me. I'm content to keep it simple. There are two types of music; good and bad.

That is exactly what I think about music!

educatedlady
11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
I hate that I love listening to The Postal Service and Owl City. Two different bands that sound exactly the same. I usually can't stand bands like these but something about these two just get me.

Seymour_Glass
11-14-2009, 08:31 AM
I love the Postal Service, can barely stand Owl City.

Frunobulax
11-15-2009, 11:15 AM
AMEN, Seymour. Owl City is uninspired, insipid, soporific takes on what Dntel and BGib can do.

I really love T Rex...glam is still kind of embarrassing, right?

flaggwalkstheline
11-15-2009, 03:38 PM

Glam is sooo NOT embarassing!
Hair metal, the drooling roont spandex wearing child of glam IS embarassing

which means it's embarassing when I say I like Dokken and WASP:scared:

Seymour_Glass
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I very much agree with flagg.:cool:

Been doing that a lot lately.

Frunobulax
11-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Dokken, Dio, I got it all on the hard drive.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Sir Mix A Lot

*hangs head*

jayson
11-16-2009, 06:59 AM

real glam, not embarrassing
fake 80's glam metal, embarrassing

and even if the real thing was embarrassing, i'd never be embarrassed to admit i love T. Rex. they rocked. period.

Brice
11-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Jayson is a PROUD Poison fan though. :evil:

Seymour_Glass
11-16-2009, 03:51 PM
AAAAAHHHH.

:nope:

jayson
11-16-2009, 09:25 PM

yes, Jayson might very well be

but jayson is not :P

Seymour_Glass
11-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Thank god.

Brice
11-17-2009, 03:32 PM

yes, Jayson might very well be

but jayson is not :P

:lol:

So...does this mean you won't be posting pics of all your Poison tattoos? :unsure:

:P

jayson
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
So...does this mean you won't be posting pics of all your Poison tattoos? :unsure:

:P

oh but i already have, haven't i?

(simple joke, i know, but still, no posts = no tattoos :P)

Brice
11-17-2009, 03:40 PM
:rofl:

Yeah, right! Ok, just don't share them with everyone if your teenybopper type fandom is too embarrassing for you.

flaggwalkstheline
11-17-2009, 04:01 PM
heres something embarassing I like: late 90s europop, particularly toybox and aqua

:unsure::scared:

:nana:

Brice
11-17-2009, 04:20 PM
I am SO sorry. :P

Seymour_Glass
12-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Lady GaGa. Bad Romance and Paparazzi are two of the best music videos I've ever seen.

MelissaBee
12-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Lady GaGa. Bad Romance and Paparazzi are two of the best music videos I've ever seen.

She's my guilty pleasure music, too.