PDA

View Full Version : The Dragon Ball Z Thread *spoilers*

Storyslinger
03-05-2008, 06:05 AM
:onfire:Being one of the most watched anime cartoon, I felt that it deserved it's own thread. Lets talk about the episodes, characters, and the up coming moving. When did you first come to DBZ?:onfire:

Letti
03-05-2008, 06:24 AM
I have just one memory about this cartoon that a kid here in Hungary cut his finger because he saw it in cartoon and there it had grown back.
His did not.

Storyslinger
03-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Really. some kid actually did that just to see if it would grow back. Yikes, that give the cartoon a bad name.

streetbudz
03-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Who has been cast in the movie? Have they announced that yet?

Storyslinger
03-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Heres the link to the casting so far.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/

streetbudz
03-05-2008, 08:12 AM
So this is going to be the original Dragonball story. Hopefully it will be successful enough to get to the Z sagas.

Storyslinger
03-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Yep, the Story with King Piccilo, I hope its a huge hit and they can continue on also. I want to see who would get casted as Vegeta.

KO1
03-05-2008, 08:34 AM
yeah it seems like a hybrid between the first and last sagas of the original Dragonball, which honestly is a good setup for sequels

Storyslinger
03-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Too bad Vegeta wasn't part of the Story then

fernandito
03-05-2008, 08:49 AM
It is reported that Piccolo will indeed have green skin in the movie, something that was in doubt just a few weeks ago.

Storyslinger
03-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Yep, I heard that too. He also said that he gets to wear that sweet ass costume too.

fernandito
03-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Oh, you mean like the costume that he wears in the Season 1 DVD?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Storyslinger
03-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Yep

John Blaze
03-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Actually, I'm a huge fan, but I think they waited too long. They should have done this like 5 years ago, when DBZ was all the rage. It probably won't make enough money now to make them want to do a sequel.

fernandito
03-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Dude, DBZ is forever! If they made this movie 10 years from now I'd still be as excited to see it as I am today.

Storyslinger
03-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Damn right. Hopefully there is still enough people like us.

John Blaze
03-05-2008, 01:13 PM
well, I'm with you guys, but I don't think there are many of us. That's why i am not sure how well it will do.

speaking of DBZ though, do any of you guys have the episodes on the compy? I have most of DBZ, except for maybe like 30 episodes. I also have the first 3 episodes of DB on the compy too, but they're much harder to find.

Mark
03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Whoah, how long has this movie been planned for? I read it in Games Master (a games magazine) that it'd been said they were making one, but it never said with real people (Live action, is it called?), i thought it'd be like the movies already. I really cant wait for this, me and my anime buddies'll probably go watching it. I'm curious though, how will they do Goku's hair?

John Blaze
03-05-2008, 01:22 PM
it's been in planning for at least ten years. Fox was going to do it, but then they backed out of it after like 5 years, I don't know who is in talks now, but if you go to imdb.com you can find out.

fernandito
03-05-2008, 01:42 PM
speaking of DBZ though, do any of you guys have the episodes on the compy? I have most of DBZ, except for maybe like 30 episodes. I also have the first 3 episodes of DB on the compy too, but they're much harder to find.

I recently purchased the first season of DBZ, it's 6 discs and it contains the first 39 episodes and a few extras. Depending on where you buy the set, it can range anywhere from $35-45 dollars. It's kinda pricey but definitely worth it IMO, especially since most anime volumes cost about $20 for 4-5 episodes.

John Blaze
03-05-2008, 02:55 PM
well, i limewire'd most of it for free, so there :P

Lance
03-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I know I'm buzzed and repeating myself but I have every episode of dbz on video tape.

Vegeta is lord of all he surveys.

That is all. :harrier:

Mattrick
03-06-2008, 01:26 AM
I stopped watching DBZ about seven years ago. Everything went downhill after the Android saga, Cell and Buu were shit and lost interest as the new (in relation to when we got them on TV) episodes aired. Freiza was the best villain and the Namek saga was the best storytelling they had done.

wtf was with the Garlic Juniour Saga, that was all pretty gay. A couple months back I found Goku vs. Freiza, with everything that wasn't them fighting being cut. It was a complete bite of nostalgia. I remember being 13 and having had seen the first 50 or so episodes numerous times until we actually got their fight aired then everything else came quickly after.

It got too ridiculous with everyone being super saiyan with four stages and fusing and I just can't watch the later episodes. Not to mention how more and more supremely powerful people kept appearing yet Freiza was ruling the universe at one point and was the most powerful being yet he's nothing compared to future enemies. I just don't get that, either. I like the early episodes because from episode 1 to 90 some when the Garlic Jr. Saga started felt like on continuous story from beginning to end and everything after that was just 'sagas' just to continue the show on, especially with the show ending with Buu :(

Vegeta does own, though. It's a shame there were no dragonballs used to bring Nappa back because he was pretty awesome. I guess Vegeta thought his baldness would get in the way of being a super saiyan with huge, spiky, golden hair.

New movie is going to be really bad, I just know it. I just can't see DBZ working in any medium besides anime, comics and video games. Film, just no, unless animated or computer animated. I recall watching the end of Matrix Revoutions with Smith vs. Neo thinking 'wow, throw in a Kamehameha and this is DBZ with all the flying etc.

fernandito
03-06-2008, 06:07 AM
Dragonball Delayed
Manga adaptation pushed back to April 2009.
by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, March 5, 2008 - There will be no live-action Dragonball movie this year, after 20th Century Fox announced today that it is pushing back the anime-adaptation from 15th August 2008 to 3rd April 2009.

The studio gave no official explanation for the reschedule, although it's believed the project was moved to avoid it competing against Fox's own Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Ben Stiller comedy Tropic Thunder, which are released the same week.

The film - an adaptation of the insanely popular manga created by Akira Toriyama - stars Justin Chatwin, James Marsters, Jamie Chung, Emmy Rossum and Chow Yun-Fat.

Storyslinger
03-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Damn, that blows. Speaking of DBZ, did you get my recent PM feev. I might still be having problems.

On the thread note, after this recent order i will have...

Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4
Cooler's Revenge
The Return of Cooler
The History of Trunks
Barrdok: Father of Goku

streetbudz
03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
well, I'm with you guys, but I don't think there are many of us. That's why i am not sure how well it will do.

I have the entire DBZ series but in Real Media format. So the quality is not optimal but not unwatchable either.

Ikilledthecrimsonking
03-06-2008, 02:13 PM
:onfire: i loved Dragon ball and Dragon ball z
im not a fan of the movies or GT though :onfire:

John Blaze
03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I recall watching the end of Matrix Revoutions with Smith vs. Neo thinking 'wow, throw in a Kamehameha and this is DBZ with all the flying etc.

I disagree with everything you said except this. That is exactly how I felt when I saw it.

fernandito
03-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I recall watching the end of Matrix Revoutions with Smith vs. Neo thinking 'wow, throw in a Kamehameha and this is DBZ with all the flying etc.

That is exactly how I felt when I saw it.

+1 more.

And I think Mattrick used almost the exact same words that I did. :lol:

John Blaze
03-06-2008, 05:13 PM
i was dissapointed they didn't level a few buildings. you know the scene, where someone gets hit so hard they fly thru a couple buildings/mountains/islands.. I wish they would have done that there.

Mattrick
03-07-2008, 02:21 AM
I thought it ruined Revolutions. I tend to just stop the movie before Trinity gets pizowned

I disagree with everything you said

I know, when it comes to DBZ fans I'm in the minority. I just feel everything after the first hundred episodes was contrived merely to keep the show going. I just feel after the namek saga, while it keeps continuity, isn't lead in like earlier parts of the series. DBZ, to me, was all about Goku's journey to become a super saiyan and defeating the tyrant of the universe. While the Android Saga was decent, I wasn't a fan of the Cell games or anything after.

Freiza = awesome :D They made him out to be such a great villain with his genocide and destroying planets and quest for immortality. I also loved the way they delved into his powers. After about fifteen episodes of them fighting with Freiza he declares 'I'm only using 1% of my power' and it's true. I also love his slow decent into madness and to me, was the best plotted and well developed character of the whole series.

I'm still not looking forward to the movie, at all. I can see it being like 9/10 comic book adaptations and being really lame and poorly made. Having buffy alumni onboard doesn't bode to well with me either :(

my favourite and probably the only anime series I'd even consider watching again is Gundam Wing.

John Blaze
03-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Gundam wing is overrated. :P

Anyone here ever watch Knights of the Zodiac? or in spanish, Caballeros del Zodiaco? now that was a good show.

KO1
03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Personally I think everything after the cell saga seemed to drag it out, but the android/cell sagas were still good imo

now buu, thats another story

Storyslinger
03-07-2008, 05:57 PM
The only thing that really chaffed my ass was Vegeta getting killed.

John Blaze
03-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I liked GT, it was ok, and I liked it kind of concentrating on the families a bit more. It seemed like on Z there was never much back story, just "oh, new bad guy, let's fight him"

not that I minded much, but it's a nice change.

Lance
03-07-2008, 10:10 PM
The only thing that really chaffed my ass was Vegeta getting killed.

OK, I must've missed that. Because I would've sworn off the entire genre if that happened. Vegeta is one of my favorite characters in the history of fiction. I put him (almost) with Eddie Dean and Larry Underwood. So I hope to hell you're joking. Hell, he was my AV at one time at tdt.net :P

fernandito
03-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I love how excited Piccolo gets in Namek after he bonds with Neil "YES! YES! YES! I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT!"

If Nameks had pieces, he probably would of have a boner.

John Blaze
03-08-2008, 12:29 AM
what? you're a fan and you don't know he died? :shock:

he sacrifices himself in a type of self-destruct attack to kill buu, at the beginning of the buu saga, to save the world. That's what sealed him as a good guy. That's what finally made me a fan of his.

The pussiest guy in the show has to be Yamcha. Fucker gets killed first every time.

Storyslinger
03-08-2008, 06:52 AM

he sacrifices himself in a type of self-destruct attack to kill buu, at the beginning of the buu saga, to save the world. That's what sealed him as a good guy. That's what finally made me a fan of his.

The pussiest guy in the show has to be Yamcha. Fucker gets killed first every time.

And he acted so damn tough all the time

Lance
03-08-2008, 07:15 AM

Oh yeah, now I remember. When I read that I was thinking that he was there at the end of GT. I forgot that almost everyone's died at least once in the DB universe.

John Blaze
03-08-2008, 03:36 PM
sometimes twice, in some rare cases, 3 times....

Mattrick
03-08-2008, 08:00 PM

Well, Freiza killed him.

John Blaze
03-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Frieza kills who, Yamcha? No, he didn't.

Mattrick
03-08-2008, 09:54 PM
No Vegeta. Freiza iced him. Oh, that was some cool whit.

John Blaze
03-09-2008, 01:02 AM
yeah, ok.

fernandito
03-09-2008, 05:28 AM
I've always tripped out on how they started calculating power levels via scouters in the earlier stages of Z, and then they just stopped. I guess the power levels in the latter stages of the show would contain too many 0's for the scouter to display. :lol:

What? Fighting power 3,000,000,000,000,000,000???!!!!!

John Blaze
03-09-2008, 05:31 AM
:rofl:

fernandito
03-09-2008, 05:35 AM
Me and my friends use scouters when describing something, example:

Damn , that was a bad ass movie!
It's really good?
Hell yeah! my scouter exploded!

Storyslinger
03-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Me and my friends use scouters when describing something, example:

Damn , that was a bad ass movie!
It's really good?
Hell yeah! my scouter exploded!

Thats awesome. I might have to start doing that.

The last place I ever saw a scouter used was in season 4 right befor Trunks kills Freeza the second time.

Mattrick
03-10-2008, 07:09 AM
I've always tripped out on how they started calculating power levels via scouters in the earlier stages of Z, and then they just stopped. I guess the power levels in the latter stages of the show would contain too many 0's for the scouter to display. :lol:

What? Fighting power 3,000,000,000,000,000,000???!!!!!

Well, then they could sense the numbers.

fernandito
03-10-2008, 07:37 AM
I doubt they could sense the numbers. They could sense how strong they were though.

Mattrick
03-10-2008, 08:12 AM
In relation to themselves? The difference between Goku sensing Vegeta's power at the beginning of DBZ to fighting Majin Vegeta would be such an exponential increase, he'd burn out if he just sensed the power lol.

YouTube - Re: OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Remix)

YouTube - S*** Its Over 9000

fernandito
03-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Just by sensing his power? This is Goku we're talking about here! Homeboy used the Kaiokken (sp?) level 3 when he was absolutely forbidden by King Kai to not go above level 2, and he still survived. I don't think that anything will happen to him just by sensing his power.

John Blaze
03-10-2008, 04:43 PM
the Z fighters could sense power since before any of the Namek episodes.

Storyslinger
03-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Just by sensing his power? This is Goku we're talking about here! Homeboy used the Kaiokken (sp?) level 3 when he was absolutely forbidden by King Kai to not go above level 2, and he still survived. I don't think that anything will happen to him just by sensing his power.

Yeah, but he went up to level 10 before the whole fight was over, didn't he? I may be wrong, I need to re-watch the first two seasons, I haven't seen them since I was 12 or something.

Anyways, Vegeta kicks ass, no doubt, he is my favorite character.
But the only time he was stronger than Goku was in the beginning or the Androids saga, after all that training at 350xEarths Gravity.

fernandito
03-11-2008, 09:43 AM
No, he only went up to level x4 the first time he used it.

Storyslinger
03-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Oh, thanks for that.

Now, for my favorite quote

"I'm a warrior - not a variety of flower!"

fernandito
03-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Is anyone else man enough to admit that they got a little misty-eyed when Piccolo sacrificed himself for Gohan after standing in front of Nappa's blast?

"You're like the son I never had...goodbye...my friend..."

Storyslinger
03-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Then, and when Vegeta sacrificed him self at the end of Buu, oh and when he died on Namek, I thought he was gone forever :cry:

John Blaze
03-11-2008, 06:03 PM
when he died on Namek i didn't care. He was still an asshole then.

but yeah, when he knocks out Goku, then knocks out trunks and goten, so he can keep them safe.

it was noble, goddamnit.

Mattrick
03-11-2008, 09:08 PM
I was sad when Vegeta died in Namek.

YouTube - Goku vs Frieza (Full fight no filler) Pt.1

This is Vegeta's 'demise' on Namek. This scene for me, really solidified Freiza as a great villain, when you hear Vegeta's tale. This is where I watched the full fight, with other characters not really involved, 21 of them about 10 mins a piece.

John Blaze
03-12-2008, 02:30 AM
i just noticed something.

When Goku fought Piccolo, Piccolo shot him thru the left side of the chest, but saiyans have 2 hearts, right?

I never heard this mentioned again, and when Vegeta was shot thru the left side of the chest here, he didn't last long.

let me see if I can find the Goku vs. Piccolo fight.

nevermind, all I can find is freaking amv's

fernandito
03-12-2008, 05:28 AM
That's my favorite Vegeta attire right there : The black "thermal" with the shoulder-less armor. Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Storyslinger
03-12-2008, 05:37 AM
I like the shoulder less armor, but I like the blue thermal that he has in the Androids saga. And yes, Vegeta's was a sad tale indeed that he told on Namek.

Storyslinger
03-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Here's a quiz.

You can basicly pick who you want from the first question.

http://www.quizilla.com/users/Kagetenma/quizzes/Which%20DragonBall%20Z%20%20'Z%20Fighter'%20are%20 you

http://images.quizilla.com/K/KA/KAG/Kagetenma/1199021785_DBZbigbang.jpg
Vegeta: The last Prince of all saiyans. You are arrogant, proud, intelligent, calculating, Strong, Short, and some would say cruel. You are the classic anti hero. You only want to beat your rival and this is what drives you but you aren't as cruel as you were. You have a new acceptance of life.

Ramsey Forrest
03-12-2008, 08:46 AM
BUU hands down the best evil character ever, cell was gay, frieza i thought was female lol

fernandito
03-12-2008, 08:52 AM
I used to think that frieza was female as well. I don't think that Cell was 'gay', I think stylistically he was one of the better villians, and he basically owned all of the Z warriors in his final form, including Goku.

Mark
03-12-2008, 10:17 AM
http://images.quizilla.com/K/KA/KAG/Kagetenma/1199027615_outtoblast.jpg

Future Trunks: You are Kind, Giving, Polite, Somewhat Shy, and Thoughtful. You came to the past to save the future and even when you found out that your plan didn't work you still helped the past. You watched your sensei die and the last even part saiyan in your time.

WOOO

Mattrick
03-12-2008, 11:17 PM
I used to think that frieza was female as well. I don't think that Cell was 'gay', I think stylistically he was one of the better villians, and he basically owned all of the Z warriors in his final form, including Goku.

I was never a big fan of cell. I thought he was wicked when he was just going around sucking people through his tale and causing mayhem, not when he was 'I'm going to go on TV and build a ring and televise this lolz' as, to me, it just killed his evilness. Cell would've been cooler if he was just this no nonsense, supremely tough mofo.

All the Z warriors end up getting owned by all the supervillains. I just never felt that same tension I felt during the namek saga for the first time. Then again, when we finally got the episodes here I was starting to get out of anime all together.

Though I don't recall much of it I really enjoyed the movie with Trunk's future.

Storyslinger
03-13-2008, 06:22 AM

I was never a big fan of cell. I thought he was wicked when he was just going around sucking people through his tale and causing mayhem, not when he was 'I'm going to go on TV and build a ring and televise this lolz' as, to me, it just killed his evilness. Cell would've been cooler if he was just this no nonsense, supremely tough mofo.

All the Z warriors end up getting owned by all the supervillains. I just never felt that same tension I felt during the namek saga for the first time. Then again, when we finally got the episodes here I was starting to get out of anime all together.

Though I don't recall much of it I really enjoyed the movie with Trunk's future.

I just got the same movie, and it is really good. Did you get the second one with Barrdok : Father of Goku, really good.

On the issue of Frieza, thought it was a girl also.

streetbudz
03-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Future Trunks was a bad ass. But when kid trunks grows up in GT he is pretty much worthless. Same with Goten and Gohan. I always thought they could have done better with that.

Storyslinger
03-13-2008, 06:29 AM
I liked the second future Trunks that shows up in the Cell saga.

streetbudz
03-13-2008, 10:25 AM
I liked the second future Trunks that shows up in the Cell saga.

I agree with you. That was the best version of Trunks. Super Trunks!!

IWasSentWest
03-13-2008, 11:18 AM
god i loved this series...my favorite character was always tien...wish he was used in more episodes

John Blaze
03-13-2008, 02:21 PM
WEST! it's awesome to see your skinny ass.

Tien does kick ass. He always had good techniques, even if he wasn't the strongest. Look at how he held back Cell long enough for people to get the fuck out. He was too weak to fight him, but he kept him down for a long time.

I think Tien is the most underrated and underplayed character.

IWasSentWest
03-13-2008, 06:40 PM
im glad someone agrees! him and yamcha were very underrated

John Blaze
03-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Yamch sucked, that's why :P

Mattrick
03-13-2008, 11:17 PM

Tien does kick ass. He always had good techniques, even if he wasn't the strongest. Look at how he held back Cell long enough for people to get the fuck out. He was too weak to fight him, but he kept him down for a long time.

Tien, Yamacha, Chiazou were all useless. They were awesome to see die a few times, I guess. Yamcha got it bad when Android 20 put his hand through him. Chiazou was just a annoying pipsqueak.

Storyslinger
03-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Tien I always thought was cool, but Like I said before, Yamacha was a punk-ass.

I just watched the first episode of DBZ last night. Holy shit does Goku look younger in the animation, but he sounds younger too. Its really weird after watching some of the Season 4 episodes

John Blaze
03-14-2008, 06:43 AM
It's strange watching the old stuff.

Storyslinger
03-14-2008, 06:45 AM
I was just Like...."wow".

It brought back a lot of good memories though. I haven't seen any of those episodes for 12 years. :)

fernandito
03-14-2008, 08:34 AM
What's the name of that technique that Tien uses to hold back Cell? Man I love that episode.

IWasSentWest
03-14-2008, 11:33 AM
yeh yamacha never really accomplished much but man did he have great hair!

Lance
03-14-2008, 07:36 PM

Tien, Yamacha, Chiazou were all useless. They were awesome to see die a few times, I guess. Yamcha got it bad when Android 20 put his hand through him. Chiazou was just a annoying pipsqueak.

Yeah, every time they showed Chiazou I'd wish someone would punt him.

Mattrick
03-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Tien I always thought was cool, but Like I said before, Yamacha was a punk-ass.

I just watched the first episode of DBZ last night. Holy shit does Goku look younger in the animation, but he sounds younger too. Its really weird after watching some of the Season 4 episodes

Welcome back to greatness. The Gohan/Piccolo stuff was awesome. King Kai always annoyed me :(

John Blaze
03-15-2008, 05:38 AM
he still annoys me.

Mattrick
03-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I think it's mainly his voice. Hearing him say 'GOKU!!' is grating.

IWasSentWest
03-17-2008, 11:32 AM
u know what always pissed me off? when they went to the tournament at the very end of the dragon ball z series..u know when Uub was entering...its really just grated me when i saw how much of a pussy Gohan had really turned into. he could've been so great of a fighter that super saiyan 3 and 4 (though i know only pure blooded saiyans can reach 4, he could've gotten to a form above three im sure) could've been reached by him easily.

fernandito
03-17-2008, 11:33 AM
I've never really liked Gohan.

IWasSentWest
03-17-2008, 11:47 AM
he had his whiny moments...but he was a damn good fighter when time came down to it

Lance
03-18-2008, 08:04 AM
I managed to get one of my friends into DBZ when I showed her the episode where Gohan kicked Cell's ass.

Storyslinger
03-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Awesome!

I alwasy found to Gohan to be a whinny brat, until it came to get the job done. Then he kick butt, then cried some more.

John Blaze
03-18-2008, 09:32 AM
if he woulda killed Cell the first time though, Goku would be alive.

Storyslinger
03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Right, in most cases, Gohan really never killed an important bad guy. Sure he killed some of the Spice Brothers, but thats about it.

John Blaze
03-18-2008, 10:00 AM
spice brothers?

Storyslinger
03-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Garlic Jr. henchmen in season four the Garlic Jr. saga

http://www.dragonballz.com/index.cfm?page=sagas&id=2

Top picture

John Blaze
03-18-2008, 10:17 AM
forgot about them, for a second I thought you were talking about the Saiyamen.

fernandito
03-18-2008, 10:21 AM
I love the look on King Kai's face when he sees that Goku transported Cell to his little planet. :lol:

John Blaze
03-18-2008, 08:04 PM
one of my favorite memories is when Buu shows up at the Grand Kai's training ground, and whoops that wannabe Conan guy and Pikkon in two hits. Awesome.

fernandito
03-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Ah shit, what about Hercule/Mr. Satan? That guy was fucking insane :rofl:

"Yeah! I'M THE CHAMP!"

Mattrick
03-19-2008, 10:40 AM
I was always expecting Raditz to pop up from the otherside but it never worked. Vegeta is an ass. Never thought about reviving his friends Raditz or Nappa with dragonballs. He could've started a new Saiyan race, or half saiyan at least.

IWasSentWest
03-19-2008, 11:31 AM
hercule was a douche bag

raditz was a badass even though he is weak as hell compared to all the z fighters

John Blaze
03-19-2008, 05:37 PM
At first I wanted someone to totally humiliate Mr. Satan in public, but after when I saw how they worked him in, i thought he was alright.

IWasSentWest
03-19-2008, 05:42 PM
anybody care to answer the question of why the hell didnt goku turn SS2 when he fought pikkon? im pretty sure he had leveled up to that by then

fernandito
03-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I hate how inconsistent the whole scouter-exploding thing is/was : When Dodoria clocked Vegeta's power at somewhere around 23,000, his scouter exploded. Later, when Captain Ginyu revealed Goku's power level to be somewhere around 180,000, his scouter didn't so much as glitch...and don't give me none of this 'new model' shit.

Storyslinger
03-26-2008, 06:00 AM
I hate how inconsistent the whole scouter-exploding thing is/was : When Dodoria clocked Vegeta's power at somewhere around 23,000, his scouter exploded. Later, when Captain Ginyu revealed Goku's power level to be somewhere around 180,000, his scouter didn't so much as glitch...and don't give me none of this 'new model' shit.

But, thats the whole reason. Those new models were quite nice. Very comfortable. :rofl:

fernandito
03-26-2008, 06:11 AM
They must have been made by Nike™ then.

Storyslinger
03-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Yes, yes they were. :lol:

John Blaze
03-26-2008, 07:30 AM
no, they were made by North Central Positronics.

All Nike did was provide the ear lining rubber pad.

Storyslinger
03-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Who ever made them, they were real nice. :drool:

Storyslinger
03-31-2008, 09:16 AM
When I was looking for a new sig picture I found this picture and almost pissed my pants

http://digilander.libero.it/SKIZZATI/images/dragonball/vegeta%20vs.%20goku.JPG

This is one of my favorite moments from Season 2

http://images.kaneva.com/49545/24140/%20%20%20%20DBZ%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Ve geta%20Finger_ad.jpg

http://atom.smasher.org/error/?icon=skull3&style=xp&title=The+Saiyan+Prince+Strikes+Again&text=Ha+ha%21++I+have+now+spammed+your+computer+wi th+naked+pictures+of+Nappa.++Enjoy%21+++&b1=&b1g=x&b2=&b2g=x&b3=&b3g=x

fernandito
03-31-2008, 09:33 AM

So, me and my brother went through 3 seasons of Dragon Ball Z in about 8 days (The first and second took us 3 days to finish each, the last took us two days!), and I'm wondering if we're going to go into withdrawal because after we complete season 4, we won't be able to get a fix until May 20-something....the day that season 5 is released :lol:

Storyslinger
03-31-2008, 09:38 AM

So, me and my brother went through 3 seasons of Dragon Ball Z in about 8 days (The first and second took us 3 days to finish each, the last took us two days!), and I'm wondering if we're going to go into withdrawal because after we complete season 4, we won't be able to get a fix until May 20-something....the day that season 5 is released :lol:

I've been going through withdrawls since last month

John Blaze
04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
how many episodes total is there? like 276?

fernandito
04-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Something like that, yes. Each box set has about 35-40 episodes, so it would take about 8-10 box sets to have the entire DBZ collection.

fernandito
04-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Ordered Season IV last night. :)

Storyslinger
04-07-2008, 06:19 AM
Awesome :thumbsup: Did you get my PM?

In other news, has anyone watched the Alternate Reality Dragon Ball Z series, on Youtube. If not, do so. It's hilarious. :lol:

fernandito
04-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I gotz your PM, I'll respond to it later on today. :)

And the alternate reality series - is it funny because it's supposed to be funny, or because the concepts on there are just too farfetched, even by DBZ standards :lol:

Storyslinger
04-07-2008, 08:17 AM
I love ARDBZ, because of Celine Dione and all that. :lol:

John Blaze
04-07-2008, 06:32 PM
i have got to see that.

has anyone heard of the other series Akira Toriyama did after DBZ, where he kinf od pokes fun at himself? I forget what it's called.

Storyslinger
04-08-2008, 05:59 AM
Nope, never heard of it. Was it another action type series?

John Blaze
04-08-2008, 03:52 PM
kind of. it's called neko majin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neko_Majin

it's not a serues though, I screwed up, it's a manga.

Storyslinger
04-09-2008, 06:33 AM
I've heard of that now. :lol: Never really seen any of it though.

John Blaze
04-09-2008, 07:00 AM
If you knew spanish I could hook you up with another rare series that Akira Toriyama did, it's called Dai No Daibouken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dai_no_Daibouken), Dragon Quest, and is based on the video games Dragon Quest. It is freaking awesome. The shit part is that because they had alot of legal issues, they never dubbed it in English, and then they ended up not doing another season, even though it was a great show, and extremely popular in Mexico, which is where I discovered it. Theu funny thing is, when I was a kid it was on at the same time as DB, except on a different channel, and I would choose to watch DQ over DB because "that other dragon show kinda sucks". It was only after DQ ended that I started watching DB, and then DBZ, which made me a huge fan. After that, it took me years to find "Las Aventuras de Fly" which is what it was called in spanish, to learn that Akira Toriyama had designed both shows.

small world, huh?

Storyslinger
04-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Dragon Ball did suck though.

I've seen some of the Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken, too. Though I can't pick up everything their saying, its still awesome. Then again, I went out and bought Final Fantasy: Advent Children when they only had the japan audio, so, it really doesn't bother me.

John Blaze
04-09-2008, 07:19 AM
well, in that case I can tell you where to get all the Dragon Quest Episodes.

Storyslinger
04-09-2008, 07:19 AM
And where would that be?

John Blaze
04-09-2008, 07:22 AM
well, there's two ways. 1, if you have yahoo messenger, is from me. It might take some time, but you'll get them all, albeit one by one.

You can also register with otakudescargas.com and download them in packets. there is 6 packets I believe, compressed and shit.

Now that I think about it, I can try and compress them. You have winace or something?

John Blaze
04-09-2008, 07:23 AM
oh, and it's brunojbaca@yahoo.com if you have messenger.

Storyslinger
04-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Sorry, no messanger. But, I can sign up and download them. Thanks a bunch. Can't wait to do this after work.

John Blaze
04-09-2008, 07:34 AM
no problem. If you have trouble navigating the site, let me know.

Storyslinger
04-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Trust me, I will. ><

John Blaze
04-09-2008, 07:46 AM
yeah, it's in spanish. You can use babelfish translator on the website though. It should help.

Storyslinger
04-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Cool

Back to DBZ. I was watching some of the Season 4 episodes last night, and I can't believe how much Vegeta's voice changes throughout the series.

John Blaze
04-09-2008, 08:24 AM
what about his looks? you don't notice it because it's gradual, but at the beginning, he's this tiny motherfo'

then he gets bigger, and his voice gets manlier. The poor guy went through puberty at a very late point in his life.....

fernandito
04-09-2008, 08:47 AM
I noticed that Vegeta-voice changing thing too.

The difference is most noticeable between seasons 2 and 3.

Storyslinger
04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
what about his looks? you don't notice it because it's gradual, but at the beginning, he's this tiny motherfo'

then he gets bigger, and his voice gets manlier. The poor guy went through puberty at a very late point in his life.....

The same thing happened with Goku and Gohan. I actually thought that if it was intentional, it was very cool. If not, awesome mistake. :D

I noticed that Vegeta-voice changing thing too.

The difference is most noticeable between seasons 2 and 3.

Its crazy isn't it. Since they're meant to be the same time frame.

Mark
04-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Vegeta also has Brown hair during his first appearance, if i remember correctly.

John Blaze
04-12-2008, 05:26 AM
hey! now that you mention it, I'm sure he did. I kind of remember that.

now how shitty was the garlic jr. saga? i hate filler bullshit like that.

fernandito
04-12-2008, 05:52 AM

Hey, I came in here to say the exact same thing! :lol: The Garlic Jr. series was trash.

Also - WTF is up with the 'halfway through the episode' music in season 4?!?!!?

John Blaze
04-12-2008, 06:54 AM

Hey, I came in here to say the exact same thing! :lol: The Garlic Jr. series was trash.

Also - WTF is up with the 'halfway through the episode' music in season 4?!?!!?

yeah, i'd be like WTF? the episode is over already?

and then it'd come back. dumbasses.

Storyslinger
04-14-2008, 08:24 AM
I noticed that too. I was half asleep one night when it did that, and my heart almost quit on me. I was like "Holy hell, my PS2 finally took a shit on me!" Then it came back. ??? It goes back to normal in like four episodes though.

fernandito
04-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Why was Dr. Gero so concerned with Android 17 letting 16 out of his case? He seemed to be scared at the notion of her doing so, but...he doesn't really do much in the series...all he does is blow himself up :lol:

Storyslinger
04-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Because the sight of that mohawk could destroy the world. :lol:

fernandito
04-14-2008, 09:07 AM

That was a pretty fucking sweet mohawk though.

Storyslinger
04-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah.......I have to give him that. :D

fernandito
04-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Two things that really irritate me about DBZ -

1. The way that they always doubt Goku will be able to handle the challenge in front of him - Nappa, The Ginyu Force, Frieza etc.

2. The way that the Z fighters (namely Krillin) express how they've "never felt a power quite like this before" everytime they encounter a new enemy/see that one of their own has reached a new level of power - Goku, Vegeta, Recoome, Frieza, the android, SS Trunks, SS Vegeta - the list goes on and on and on :lol:

Storyslinger
04-14-2008, 10:57 AM
IT's OVER 9000!
http://www.thelawnsrealm.com/images/90002.PNG
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd234/kittywampus/OVER9000.jpg

:lol: Yep, everyone is always unfeelable power.

Mark
04-14-2008, 12:53 PM
:lol: :rofl: I love that 300 thing! Did you make it yourself?

John Blaze
04-14-2008, 10:31 PM
yeah it's awesome!

Storyslinger
04-15-2008, 05:09 AM
No, I found it when I was looking for the picturee of Vegeta, then spent the rest of the day looking at the results for '300 funny' on google. :lol:

John Blaze
04-15-2008, 09:20 AM
did you see the toutube video?

Storyslinger
04-15-2008, 09:20 AM
No, what video is this?

John Blaze
04-15-2008, 10:01 AM
let me try and find it

Storyslinger
04-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Alright. *intrested*

John Blaze
04-15-2008, 10:07 AM
http://www.break.com/index/hilarious-300-remix1.html

i didn't know how to imbed it.

Storyslinger
04-15-2008, 10:11 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

fernandito
04-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Two things:

1) I love this quote : "With that one blow, Kakarot has proven himself stronger than any Saiyan I've ever known, perhaps any Saiyan in a thousand years. And I, prince of all Saiyans, have somehow become this pauper's witness. I'm the only who understands what he's become, even better than he understands it himself....Kakarot has become, a Super Saiyan!!"

2) I get chills in that episode where Recoome is moments away from finishing off Gohan, and then you see Goku's ship race through the clouds and then land. :lol:

Storyslinger
05-01-2008, 06:35 AM
That is by far one the cooler qoutes in the series.

John Blaze
05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
and a great episode

"why are you giving Vegeta a sensu bean?!"

wildfire1290
05-06-2008, 09:33 PM
What happened at the end of the Dragonball series? I whatched like half of it and then i just stopped for some reason.

John Blaze
05-07-2008, 01:34 AM
you watch it on Cartoon Network?

they suck.

fernandito
05-09-2008, 06:36 PM
18 more days...

John Blaze
05-10-2008, 06:14 AM
for what?

fernandito
05-10-2008, 07:20 AM
The release of the season 5 box set!

John Blaze
05-10-2008, 08:04 AM
oh, i already have all the episodes anyway. :P you ought to just download them.

wildfire1290
05-13-2008, 01:21 PM
you watch it on Cartoon Network?

they suck.

Is there a good torrent site I can download the Dragon Ball episodes with good subtitles?

John Blaze
05-13-2008, 02:25 PM
idk, look around, they're changing all the time.

what language do you need them subtitled in, anyway? They're dubbed in English.

fernandito
05-17-2008, 06:58 AM
Alright, a pretty f'n major inconsistency here and one that really annoys the hell out of me : Vegeta, Krillin, and Gohan were having trouble (to say the least) with the Ginyu Force on Namek, right? I mean they were completely man-handled. Yet, when the Ginyu Force arrives on King Kai's planet, Tien, Yamcha, and Chio Zhou take them out with ease...wtf?! Wouldn't this imply that the latter three are stronger than the former?

streetbudz
05-19-2008, 09:06 AM
I am not completly sure, but I was under the impression that when one of the villians died and went to other world they lost most if not all of their power.

fernandito
05-19-2008, 09:18 AM
I don't think so...I mean, I don't remember anything of that sort being hinted at...

John Blaze
05-19-2008, 10:31 AM
me either, but it happens other times, not just in the case you pointed out.

When Goku goes to King Kai's planet to train, it takes him a long time to catch Bubbles(?) the monkey and the hit the cricket with the mallet, but the same 3 do it right away.....

the list is endless.

wildfire1290
05-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Thats odd, I've never noticed that before.

streetbudz
05-20-2008, 07:04 AM
I don't think so...I mean, I don't remember anything of that sort being hinted at...

I may be way off here. It has been a long time since I have seen these episodes, but I thought King Yama would normally take the bodies and then just leave those cloud\soul things or send them to Hell where Goku went when he fell off of snakes way. Didn't they loose their power when he did this?

John Blaze
05-20-2008, 07:09 AM
i think you're way off. Only the strongest warriors get to keep their bodies, that I know of. That's why when Frieza and Co. broke out of hell they were still strong enough to wreak some havoc.

Mark
05-20-2008, 08:15 AM
W00000000000 NEW DBZ GAME OUT DBZ BURST LIMIT!!! I'm on the demo now 8)

fernandito
05-20-2008, 08:43 AM
i think you're way off. Only the strongest warriors get to keep their bodies, that I know of. That's why when Frieza and Co. broke out of hell they were still strong enough to wreak some havoc.

Exactly. Although the bar must of been set pretty low, I mean if fucking Chio Zhou can make it... <_<

wildfire1290
05-26-2008, 01:30 AM
W00000000000 NEW DBZ GAME OUT DBZ BURST LIMIT!!! I'm on the demo now 8)

I downloaded and played the demo already, but is the actual game out already?

Mark
06-14-2008, 06:34 PM
yes

fernandito
06-14-2008, 09:30 PM
And it's pretty damn good, from what I've read/seen.

Mark
06-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Only 21 characters for play =/ only goes up to cell... Controls too simplicitic. I want tenkaichi 2 to be realsed on 360, that was the best ever

fernandito
06-27-2008, 11:05 PM
*Random props to Ti'en for doing that crazy tri-beam move that pummels Cell into the ground.*

John Blaze
06-28-2008, 03:11 AM
i got a semi-rant about dissappearing abilities.

Piccolo in earlier episodes does alot of cool shit, and in the later episodes he's in situations in which they would be useful and they're nowhere to be seen.

Also with the tri-beam cannon, what kind of fucken super move takes you an hour to warm up? It's like Yamcha's little super blast bullshit. In the "Showdown in the Past" episode (DBZ 011) one of the saiyans says something about his grandma powering up faster than Yamcha does. It was pretty snarky.

Yes, I said snarky.

fernandito
06-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Piccolo in earlier episodes does alot of cool shit, and in the later episodes he's in situations in which they would be useful and they're nowhere to be seen.

Examples?

And I got another one for you - when Goku lands on planet Namek, and he joins up with Gohan and Krillin while they're getting their ass handed to them by Recoome - instead of letting Krillin tell him about everything that's going on he says "Hold still, I'm going to read your mind." He says that he's able to read minds now because of the 100x Earth's normal gravity training, but we never see this ability ever again. :lol:

Also with the tri-beam cannon, what kind of fucken super move takes you an hour to warm up?

You're talking about the same move I was, right? I don't remember him taking a long time to power up...

John Blaze
06-28-2008, 12:47 PM

Examples?

And I got another one for you - when Goku lands on planet Namek, and he joins up with Gohan and Krillin while they're getting their ass handed to them by Recoome - instead of letting Krillin tell him about everything that's going on he says "Hold still, I'm going to read your mind." He says that he's able to read minds now because of the 100x Earth's normal gravity training, but we never see this ability ever again. :lol:
RIGHT?

Also with the tri-beam cannon, what kind of fucken super move takes you an hour to warm up?

You're talking about the same move I was, right? I don't remember him taking a long time to power up...
YouTube - Goku and Piccolo V.S. Raditz Pt.2

fernandito
06-29-2008, 04:39 PM
That's the Special Beam Cannon, doofus :P

But you're right , he did take an usual amount of time to power that up.

John Blaze
06-29-2008, 05:02 PM
check out this cosplay guy dressed as Mr. Satan

http://www.lolpix.com/pictures/6/Funny_Pictures_324.htm

fernandito
06-29-2008, 05:06 PM
:rofl: :clap:

Oh, and another thing - how long did Goku power up the spirit bomb on Namek for? Two episodes? And the only thing it did to Frieza was give him a f'n black eye <_<

John Blaze
06-29-2008, 05:08 PM
yeah, I've never been a fan of the "spirit bomb"

razz
06-29-2008, 08:32 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=3465 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?p=201585#post201585)
help out

fernandito
07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Lord Piccolo Speaks
Marsters talks up the Dragonball movie.
by Jim Vejvoda

July 11, 2008 - Actor James Marsters has been busy talking up the big-screen, live-action version of the anime classic Dragonball, wherein the former Buffy star plays the green-skinned villain Lord Piccolo.

"Definitely the story of this movie is different from the original. But it's a necessary change because we need to condense the long story of the original for a movie," Marsters told Jump Square magazine (via DBTheMovie.com). "For example, some characters in the original don't appear in the movie. And we try to give it a more gritty and graphic (realistic) feeling."

He continued, "Though there are differences between the two, I think it is all right if the core part of Dragonball remains. I let my son watch the anime's Dragonball, DBZ and DBGT since he was eight years old. At first, I thought it was too violent, but I realized this is the best show for training to become a true man. True men need not to flaunt themselves. They're calm, gentle and modest but when it comes to the crunch they don't hesitate to kill the enemy, and I think that's what Goku is."

Marsters added that his alien make-up took four hours to apply, and that he and actor Justin Chatwin, who plays Goku, convinced the director to make their costumes more along the lines of the outfits worn by the original characters.

John Blaze
07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Dude, I like James Marsters.

Piccolo though? IDK.

**edited**

Wait, is he going to be Lord Piccolo? or Piccolo?

fernandito
07-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Lord Piccolo.

John Blaze
07-11-2008, 05:06 PM
cool.

John Blaze
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
http://scilliconandcigaretteburns.blogspot.com/2008/04/dragonball.html

check that out, I am so not happy with Goku already. :(

and maybe they just hadn't painted him green yet, but Piccolo looks like Batman :lol:

Chow Yun Fat is Roshi though, and that makes me smile. Makes up for Justin Chatwin. :angry:

The chick who plays Chi-Chi is gorgeous tho. :D

John Blaze
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/BrunoBaca/expo.jpg

fernandito
07-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Is that real?

John Blaze
07-11-2008, 08:43 PM
look at the outfits

yeah it's real

the pic is from the expo, just a preview pic, not an actual poster

John Blaze
07-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Here's a preview of Goku

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/BrunoBaca/dragonball-movie-03.jpg

Here's a preview of Piccolo

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/BrunoBaca/dbzmoviepiccolo_2.jpg

no trailers yet, but there's a bunch of fake ones. One of them I saw was actually pretty good. They blended Neo Vs. Smith and a bunch of other crap to make a pretty convincing trailer. If you haven't seen the Matrix movies, that is.

fernandito
07-12-2008, 06:07 AM
I don't think that bottom one is real, I saw that image wayyyyy before the movie was announced (look at the date on the bottom right-hand corner). I think it's from this fan made movie or some such.

Yunsung
07-12-2008, 10:16 AM
I just like that James Marsters (Spike from Buffy) is going to be Piccolo.

fernandito
07-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Me too, I think he was a great casting choice.

I had my doubts about the actor playing Goku at first, but I think he's as close to Goku in terms of resemblance as you're going to get.

Here's hoping to a Kamehameha! :drool:

John Blaze
07-14-2008, 05:00 AM
dude, I keep thinking about Street Fighter the movie and shuddering. PLease God, don't let it happen to DB..... :(

fernandito
07-14-2008, 06:12 AM
*prende una vela con la imagen de Santo Toribio*

John Blaze
07-14-2008, 07:51 AM
:lol: Toribio is my brother's father in law's name.

Darkthoughts
07-20-2008, 04:00 AM
I keep meaning to post this - I'll ask my son if you can have them when he's no longer into them Feev :lol:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/towerjunkie19/dragonballzbed.jpg

Yunsung
07-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Oh my God.

That is amazing and fantastic. I literally do not know what else to say.

Darkthoughts
07-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Its reversable, the other side is lots of little Goku's.

Ebay is your friend! :D

fernandito
07-20-2008, 08:29 AM
I keep meaning to post this - I'll ask my son if you can have them when he's no longer into them Feev :lol:

I'll hold you to that!

:wtf:

fernandito
08-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Interview with Jamie Chung (Chi Chi) on the upcoming flick.

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/479331/dragonball/videos/sdcc_dragonball_chung.html

I'm in loooooooove! :wub: