PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing you've heard all day/week

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 12:49 PM
here you list the funniest thing (preferably IRL) you have heard all day... or all week. Maybe you've heard a humdinger of one and have to share it!

So here we go:

"I like to scratch while I'm waiting for the doctor!"

(said about lottery tickets but still taken out of context, funny)

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
"I'm gay / so what / don't judge / my butt..." -- Kevin singing as he pranced through the store today..

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 10:59 PM
I would post something, but most of what I find hilarious are inside jokes between my friends and I. I think they would seem stupid in text. The thread is a good idea though Lady.

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 11:02 PM
You may share them if you wish! I love inside jokes! :D

OchrisO
03-04-2008, 11:05 PM
In my literature and film class today, we were talking about movies that have a soundtrack that goes with what is happening in the movie vs. movies where the soundtrack has nothing to do with what is going on. Then we went to talking about Bergman's movie Personae and how it doesn't have any music aside from the opening montage, because people don't have a soundtrack playing in their real life and the professors says "Well, I don't anyway, I don't know about some of you..."

one guy says "No, it's just you."
and then this girl says "Brick House plays everytime I walk."

The whole class, including the professor, laughed for a really long time. It was hilarious.

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:05 PM
A friend of mine today:
"That girls gone wild stuff is so stupid. I mean girls show their boobs for a t-shirt!? The shirts aren't even made well."

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 11:09 PM
LMAO!!!! More more!

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I have a friend who said "I love rabit-duck" (apparently a type of sauce). I responded with, are you saying "rabid-duck"? My friend spit her drink out of her mouth and we all lost it. We were at a bar. Good times. We go there every Thursday now after class.

See, not very funny in text.

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Girlysteve, I love your member title. That's great.

LadyHitchhiker
03-04-2008, 11:10 PM
I laughed out loud at that... See I'm into that kind of stuff though...

Laughter is good for the soul :D

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Girlysteve, I love your member title. That's great.

Well, thank you for helping me get it:thumbsup:

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Beambucks well spent. I really love it. It made me laugh out loud, but I usually laugh at interesting things. The juxtaposition there is just ingenious. Thank you so much. I really, really dig it.

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Do you know what it's from?

OchrisO
03-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I do!

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:22 PM
No, I don't. What is it from?

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Green Day's "St Jimmy"
~From American Idiot

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Thank you ma'am. I used to listen to Green Day a lot when I was younger. I sort of lost track of them after Insomniac.

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:29 PM
You should definitely check out all the later stuff..... I've been hooked on them since I was about 12, but I can honestly say they have gotten better over the years.
American Idiot really is poetic. Worth giving a chance I think:thumbsup:

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Noted girly, thanks. Sorry to get off topic Lady.

Another funny thing:

My friends were ordering some adult drinks last night and I was really thirsty because we hiked for a few hours at a state park. I was wanting to quench the thirst before drinking alcohol. After they all ordered their grown up drinks, I blurted out: "I'll have a hi-c" My friends just lost it, included the waitress.

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:34 PM
:rofl:

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
I peed like a race horse because I had like three glasses of hi-c and three corona's before the food came.

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
The Carolina Ale-House also has good Hi-C.

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
I was entering my password into the computer at work the other day and a co-worker was standing behind me. She wastched me type *****, and went: AH HA! I know your password, it's star, star, star, star, star.
I have to admit, it took me a second before I busted out laughing.

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:41 PM
:lol:

See, that's just the kind of thing that would have had me rolling.

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I have to give it to her....it was fast thinking

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:44 PM
I had a friend who was very stupid at work. Nice guy, just pretty stupid. Anyways, I started calling him autistic and it just kind of caught on. Well, a bunch of us went out to the movies and I kid you not, there was a comercial about autism. There was a kid playing golf with his dad and a narrator said, "Chances of becoming a professional golfer, one in a million. Chances of becoming autistic, one in twelve." I lost it. I was crying. I was screaming. Everybody in the movie theater turned around and it made me laugh even harder. My infectious laughter caught on, and suddenly a whole theater was laughing about autism. It was a great moment in my life.

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:44 PM
That reminds me of today at work, a customer asked me if she could step outside for a minute. Confused, I said "Yeah."
I turned to my boss and asked: "DO we have the right to hold customers prisoner? Cause if we do, I need to know these things?"

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Next time, you'll know what to do. Stupid questions sometimes deserve stupid answers. I hate it when I'm asked, "Do you work here?" I mean, I'm wearing a uniform, a name tag and a radio. Sometimes, I just say no, and look them in the eye until they look away.

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:50 PM
one time this old lady was kind of a bitch and she asked me if we carried "depends." I kept saying "what?" like I couldn't hear her until she had to scream, "Depends! You know, the adult diapers." It was awesome.

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Next time, you'll know what to do. Stupid questions sometimes deserve stupid answers. I hate it when I'm asked, "Do you work here?" I mean, I'm wearing a uniform, a name tag and a radio. Sometimes, I just say no, and look them in the eye until they look away.

That's hilarious:clap:

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I've had people come up to me in stores before and start asking me questions.
I'm just like: "Um, I'm just picking out shampoo. Maybe you should find a manager or something."

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I've had people come up to me in stores before and start asking me questions.
I'm just like: "Um, I'm just picking out shampoo. Maybe you should find a manager or something."

Well played. :thumbsup:

Girlystevedave
03-04-2008, 11:57 PM
My sister has great work stories. She works at Home Depot, where apparently, all customers are complete idiots. She said a guy came in today to pick up an order. He actually thought he was at HH Gregg.
HOW!!

obscurejude
03-04-2008, 11:59 PM
I know, America acts like we should have to tolerate complete morons. I would have just handed him an empty box to see what happens.

alinda
03-18-2008, 05:54 AM
Ok , so its not the funniest thing I've heard
but my little sister sends me jokes via e-mail
and I really think this is funny so....

I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive
lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him,
"Do you think I'll live to be 80?"

He asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?"
"Oh no," I replied. "I'm not doing drugs, either!"

Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?" I said,
"No, my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking,
or bicycling?"
" No, I don't," I said.
He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"
"No," I said.
He looked at me and said, "Then,- why do you even give a shit?"

Good one no?

educatedlady
03-18-2008, 06:51 AM
A co-worker was reading an email from a friend about the song her son sang to her. When he shared the song with me I about died. Kids are so funny sometimes. He is three and this is his song:

Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommyyyyyyyy GOOOOOOOOO AWAAAAAAYYYYYY!

Apparently after singing the song he took a bow and said, "did you like it mommy?"

LadyHitchhiker
03-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Alright, dirty minded me, but a little old lady was straightening the run on the floor at the gas station and she says, "You need a better rug."
And so I said, "You don't like my rug?" and inside I died laughing.

Jon
03-23-2008, 07:29 AM
I work as a counselor at a residential home for young boys who have committed minor offenses.

One boy was on a barstool, up on his knees with his ass way up in the air. One of the staff members said "Hey "Billy" put it down, you aren't in D.O.C. (Department of corrections) yet!"

LadyHitchhiker
04-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Larry called up a friend the other day, and got his wife. He said, "Is Dick in?" Then when his wife said, "let me check" he dissolved into laughter.

LadyHitchhiker
04-14-2008, 12:50 PM
The other day I told my manager I couldn't become a bartender because I'm allergic to oranges and I couldn't make drinks like screwdrivers and fuzzy nasals. This is the new big joke at work now.

Also, I put some hotdogs in a styrafoam container - not thinking anything of it - and stuck it for a minute on the microwave setting of the convection oven. The styrofoam wrapped around the hotdogs in a cocoon. I ran up to my manager and said, "Look what happened to my hotdogs! I have a dilemma!" And she screams, "You have wrapped weenies!!!!!!" So then I had to cut my hotdogs to free them from their encasement and we're still laughing about it.

parsnip
04-16-2008, 11:00 PM
"Do you think stupid people sit around bitching about how many smart people there are in the world?"

LadyHitchhiker
04-17-2008, 05:18 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! That is definitely food for thought and a great t-shirt catch phrase on top it all.

LadyHitchhiker
04-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Jan was looking up a book for a guy, and he said, "Girls of the Bible Gone Bad is one of them, and Very Bad Girls of the Bible.."

I of course had to say, "How about Girls of the Bible Gone Wild?"

LadyHitchhiker
04-24-2008, 03:16 PM
He's bisexual. He likes to buy sex.

Jon
04-26-2008, 11:13 PM
She's Trisexual...she'll try anything.

Girlystevedave
04-28-2008, 10:50 AM
My dad went to pick up a 35 pound bag of potting soil that my mom had bought. I said: "It's a big bag."
He said: "Yeah, I know...but I love her anyway."

She-Oy
04-28-2008, 11:56 AM
This isn't so much funny, well yes it is, because stupid people, I mean really dumb ones are funny to me..

So my co-worker who's only 20 asks me, "Do they have phone books in California?"

I sort of just sat there stunned for a moment before I said very slowly and sarcastically "Yyyyyyeeeessss, they have phone books for every city and state."

She just said, "Oh, ok!" and then a couple of seconds later she asked, "Well what to they call them in other states?"

At that moment she officially made me almost pee in my pants of laughter and earned the on-going nickname, Jessica, as in Jessica Simpson.

Odetta
04-28-2008, 12:02 PM
My 3 year old came up with this one yesterday morning while I was getting her dressed...

"Momma, when I am big I'm going to wear a pretty dress and glass slippers like Cinderella. But I'm going to find my OWN prince. But, he has to be little because I'm a teeny, teeny girl."

Bethany
04-28-2008, 12:14 PM
:wub:

upon being told her parents are no longer married, my 7 year old let out a sigh of relief and said "great! now i don't have to waste my breath praying for him every night!"

o_O

She-Oy
04-28-2008, 03:32 PM
:wub:

upon being told her parents are no longer married, my 7 year old let out a sigh of relief and said "great! now i don't have to waste my breath praying for him every night!"

o_O

Poor Emmy! That's great! I guess unfortunately you had to tell her unlike you, she was bound to him by blood, so yeah, the prayers should probably continue??!!

LadyHitchhiker
06-22-2008, 07:18 AM
"Grammy... your dog has a hole in it."

"Why yes. She needs to poop from somewhere."