Snow Patrol:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/zoneseek99/P1300292s.jpg

Radiohead:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/zoneseek99/Photos/P8150230-1.jpg

Gomez:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/zoneseek99/Photos/P8140211-1.jpg

VolsToTheWall
05-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Here's a few from the most recent show I've been to. Ween in Asheville, NC on 4/30.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/VolsToTheWall/asheville6.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/VolsToTheWall/asheville5.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/VolsToTheWall/asheville13.jpg

The Red Rose
05-23-2007, 06:49 AM
A slideshow of Joe Satriani photos, Super Colossal Tour, Cardiff June 2007:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/darktowernetbooksigningtour/Joe%20Satriani%20Cardiff%202007/th_2645800070093292188dIHXSt_ph.jpg (http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/darktowernetbooksigningtour/Joe%20Satriani%20Cardiff%202007/?action=view&current=1179931615.pbw)

She-Oy
05-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Hopefully I'll have some to add after Saturday night. TOOL's coming to town. Whooohooo...and any of you who know me, know I am excited! LOL

Rjeso
05-23-2007, 06:59 AM
:jealous: Have fun! Wonder if this tour will have any nekkid rope-climbing guys like the last one I saw did.

She-Oy
05-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Hey! I remember those guys! They seemed to be up there forever. I've seen some pics of this tour, and I didn't notice any acrobats, just lots of cool video. Guess I'll find out in a few days.

sarah
05-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Here's a few from the most recent show I've been to. Ween in Asheville, NC on 4/30.

I'm super jealous.

Hannah
05-23-2007, 07:38 AM

I'm super jealous.

As am I. There should be a green with envy smiley.

Brice
05-23-2007, 07:46 AM

I'm super jealous.

It could be worse. I'm only a couple hours away from there. I didn't know Ween was around though. :(

Hannah
05-23-2007, 07:53 AM
It could be worse. I'm only a couple hours away from there. I didn't know Ween was around though. :(

Don't you hate it when you find out about a concert after the fact? :doh:

Brice
05-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Yes, that's usually what happens if I have the money to go.
If I don't then of course I'll know in plenty of time.

VolsToTheWall
05-23-2007, 04:20 PM

I'm super jealous.

You'd been out of luck unless you caught word of the show ahead of time anyway since it was a sellout. There were people bummin' for tickets, especially this one girl in particular, though she did manage to con one somehow. ;)
It was an amazing show. The guys were in top form and there were no barriers in front of the stage so I was right in front of them(wish I was on Deaner's side of the stage but can't complain). I hope to catch 'em again this fall when they are out touring when the new album comes out.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/VolsToTheWall/asheville7.jpg

Rjeso
02-28-2008, 09:25 AM
So, who have you seen live? I'm talkin' about bands, comedians, anything that you've been in the live studio audience for. What were your favorites? Any funny stories? Share!

In no particular order (other than the one that I happen to remember them in):

+ Elton John
+ Billy Joel
+ A Perfect Circle
+ TOOL
+ Audioslave (twice)
+ Chris Cornell solo tour
+ Dave Matthews Band
+ Godsmack (twice)
+ 93X-Fest twice [main acts: Incubus/Audioslave]
+ 93X Nutcracker [main act: Disturbed]
+ 93X Butterball [main acts: Stonesour, Adema, Breaking Benjamin]
+ Various local concerts [best one: Illusive (many times)]
+ Tantric/Silvertide
+ Prince
+ Maroon 5
+ Queensryche/Judas Priest
+ Dream Theater
+ Eric Clapton
+ 311
+ Foo Fighters
+ 30 Seconds to Mars

Since we are also including comedians, I have witnessed the blindingly brilliant comedic stylings of Eddie Izzard. That. Show. Was. Amazing.

I've also been to the Broadway or off Broadway productions of Footloose, Annie Get Your Gun, White Christmas, Movin' Out, Big River, and The Lion King.

Top five concerts would have to be

1. A Perfect Circle
2. Audioslave (the second time)
3. Foo Fighters
4. Billy Joel
5. Cornell solo

I think there have been a couple more concerts, but I'm completely blanking on them right now.

Girlystevedave
02-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Green Day
Good Charlotte
Weezer
Matisyahu
(I've seen more, but those were my fav shows)

Girlystevedave
02-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Ooh, and Phantom PLanet put on a good show too

Telynn
02-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Did you see Elton John and Billy Joel when they there together on tour? I would bet that was a great show.

Some of my favorite shows:

The Grateful Dead (seen em twice, once was Jerry Garcia's birthday and they massively jammed the whole show.)
Zappa
Genesis
Rush
Yes (Unfortunately no Rick Wakemen)
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Billy Joel (many moons ago)
Stevie Ray Vaughn
CSN
Heart
Black Sabbath (with Ozzy)
Plant and Page
The Firm
Supertramp
A surprise for me, John Mellencamp. I liked his music, but didn't realize how high energy his show was.
Moody Blues

That's all I think of.... or remember I guess......

Oh I did see The Eagles back in 1980. They were ok, but I sure wouldn't 100+ dollars to see them today, especially without Joe Walsh.

OchrisO
02-28-2008, 08:44 PM
AFI
Samhain
Danzig
MxPx
Dance Hall Crashers
Norma Jean
Dave Chappel
The Count Basie Orchestra

Telynn
02-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh, I forgot, I also saw The Who on one of the farewell tours. I think it was the first one.

ATG
02-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Rush is the greatest. Been to around 15 shows.

Heart
Yes
Eagles
Iron Maiden
Def Lepard
Ozzy
Peter Framton
Joe Walsh
Dan Folgleburg
BTO
Saxon
Metallica ( with the original bassist )

And...I actually saw Spinal Tap play live.

Telynn
02-28-2008, 09:12 PM
I saw Joe Walsh once. Get this, he was opening up for Stevie Nicks. One of the odder match-ups I have ever seen.

Erin
02-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Oooo, I would die to see Elton John and Billy Joel together or seperate. Or at all. :lol: I can't believe I didn't make an effort to go see them when they were touring. I'm angry at myself for it now.

Let's see...concerts I've been to:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (14 times)
Jimmy Buffett
Bush
Veruca Salt
Pearl Jam
Barenaked Ladies
Alanis Morissette
Counting Crows (3 times)
Third-Eye Blind with Smashmouth (I was in middle school)
Rob Zombie
Slayer
Blink 182

I've also been to X-Fest 3 times which features many bands like Papa Roach, 30 Seconds to Mars, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Crossfade, Theory of a Dead Man, Alien Ant Farm...stuff like that.

Oh, and for comedians, I've seen Dave Chapelle and Etta May.

Storyslinger
02-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Only seen..
Godsmack
Papa Roach
Poison

Rjeso
02-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Did you see Elton John and Billy Joel when they there together on tour? I would bet that was a great show.

Nope, separately. Elton John was my first concert, so not too shabby there, heh. Billy Joel has been one of my favorites since I was a little kid, so I HAD to go see him. That was the first and only concert I went to with my dad, it was a blast. :D

I heard he's touring again, and believe me, it's totally worth the money to see him perform. He's a lot of fun to watch up on stage.

Erin - way, way, way jealous of the Rob Zombie and BNL. I've heard they both put on fantastic stage shows, and they're two of my favorite bands. Did you throw Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese up on stage for BNL? :lol: Also, thanks for reminding me of 30StM. I went and saw them before it was widely known that jared Leto was the lead singer. It was in a very small venue, and it still wasn't halfway filled, heh. Fun show, though.

Odetta
02-29-2008, 09:00 AM
my first concert was Billy Idol and the Cult

I have also seen...
Paul Simon
Santana
Pink Floyd
Metallica
Tragically Hip
Michael Bolton (yeah, yeah, I know)
Ray Charles (yes, THE Ray Charles)
I know there's more... but there are entire years of my life that are really hazy...

I have also seen the cast of 'Whose Line is it Anyway?' when they were touring (minus Drew Carey and Wayne Brady)

I've also been to the opera and seen a few musicals.

blackrose22
02-29-2008, 07:08 PM
I've been to so many gigs its hard to pick the best but here goes.
Tool(1)
Rush(2)
Metallica (seen them more then any other band, 15 times over the years)
AC/DC(4)
Motorhead(4)
Accept(1)
Iron Maiden(4)
Scorpions(1)
Dio(2)
Judas Priest(2)
Slayer(8)
System of a Down(1)
Corrosion of Conformity(3)
Queensryche(2)
King's X(2)
The Black Crowes(1)
Deep Purple(2)
Lynyrd Skynryd(1)
Faith No More(3)
Love/Hate(1)
Guns 'n Roses(2)
I could continue but off the top of my head they were some of the best I've attended. Love going to gigs meeting up friends and having one or two beers, it can't be beat.

Erin
02-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Erin - way, way, way jealous of the Rob Zombie and BNL. I've heard they both put on fantastic stage shows, and they're two of my favorite bands. Did you throw Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese up on stage for BNL? :lol: Also, thanks for reminding me of 30StM. I went and saw them before it was widely known that jared Leto was the lead singer. It was in a very small venue, and it still wasn't halfway filled, heh. Fun show, though.

OMG! They were both fantastic! Rob Zombie is super great. He was so engergetic, bouncing all around and drinking tons of beer. :lol:

Barnaked Ladies though was freaking incredible. They were SO much fun. At one point, they stopped singing and playing and did a choreographed dance to music with shopping carts and boxes of cereal. :lol: I had lawn seats at the outdoor ampitheatre they were playing at, so I didn't personally get to throw the mac and cheese on the stage, but a lot of people closer did. It was so cool.

Woofer
03-01-2008, 12:40 AM
No contest. The best concerts I've ever attended were Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, TOOL, and A Perfect Circle.

Brice
03-01-2008, 04:27 AM
Concerts I've seen (the ones I recall):

The Grateful Dead (I really can't remember how many times I've seen them)
AC/DC (twice)
L A Guns
Metallica
Korn
Kid Rock
Powerman 5000
System Of A Down
Godsmack
Limp Bizkit
Fugazi
Def Leppard
Blink 182
Motley Crue
Vince Neil
Tesla
Skid Row (twice)
Aerosmith (twice)
Kiss (twice)
Poison (four or five times)
Bad Company
Dokken
REO Speedwagon
Garth Brooks
DMX
Mest
Celtic Frost
Three Doors Down
Days Of The New
GWAR
Concrete Blonde
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
Quiet Riot (a few times)
38 Special
Foreigner
Trisha Yearwood
Megadeth
Great White

and hundreds of club bands, two operas, and a few symphonys, and some concertos. There are lots more, but that's what I can remember right now.

Erin
03-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Concrete Blonde! I totally forgot about them...I love the song "Joey".

And awesome list there Brice. I would love to see Poison. I have an unhealthy obsession with Bret Michaels.

blackrose22
03-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Some more of the better gigs I've been too that just come back to me
Aerosmith(5)
Bon Jovi(5)
Anthrax(4)
Megadeth(8)
Alice In Chains(2)
Red Hot Chili Peppers(4)
Fear Factory(3)
Biohazard(2)
Sepultura(4)
The Cult(2)
Warrior Soul(3)
Mordred(1)
ZZ Top(1)

And there's loads more which I'll list later.

Went to see Joe Satriani in 97 in Dublin. Unfortunately for me I went on beer as soon as I got to Dublin. Drinking for about 4 hours before meeting up with friends who I was staying with. They started to knock back the beer too when we finally met up and then on the way to the gig one of them pulled out a bottle of Jameson whiskey which the three of us finished off in about 30 minutes. Got into the venue which i thought was a miracle because of the drunken state I was in and then we went to the bar and had a couple more pints and whiskeys each. My friends then headed to the balcony where they had tickets for and I headed to the ground floor where I was suppose to be sitting. On the way I bought a tee shirt and that was the last thing I could remember when I woke up in the A&E in the Matter Hospital around 2am the following morning. I was hooked up to a heart monitor and my arms were black with bruises from where they had tried to take a blood sample. It appeared that I passed out at the gig and couldn't be brought round by the St John of Gods medics in the venue so I was taken by ambulance to the hospital. The doctors knew that I'd been drinking but also thought that I'd taken drugs of some kind because they couldn't get me to respond which explained why my arms were covered in bruises. When i came round the docs asked what kind of drugs I'd taken and I told them I didn't do drugs of any kind. The told me not to worry as wouldn't tell the Gardi about it. I convinced them that I didn't do drugs so next was a barrage of questions about how much I had to drink in the last 24 hours so I told them of finishing work the previous morning (I was working nights at the time) and getting the first bus to Dublin and hitting the beer big time when arriving. So you had no sleep in the last 24 hours and started binge drinking the doc said and I replied yeah thats about it. He told me the reason why they couldn't get me to come round earlier was my body had decided just to shut down due to exhaustion and when the found me I was lying on my back beneath the seats on the ground floor with my feet sticking out from under the curtains (how I ended up there is still a mystery). The doc told me i was lucky I hadn't got sick when in that position or I could've died from asphyxiation which can happen when in a such drunken state. After a few more questions the doc told me to stay in the bed just in case but if the bed was needed later Id have to go. Got out later that morning with one of the worst hangovers I'd have ever had stated to kick in. The bus journey home was absolute torture and It took me about a week before I fully came round from the affects of what happened.

Brice
03-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Concrete Blonde! I totally forgot about them...I love the song "Joey".

And awesome list there Brice. I would love to see Poison. I have an unhealthy obsession with Bret Michaels.

"Joey" sounds infinitely better live.

And Poison was just a fun concert every time I saw them. I've been close enough to Bret I could reach out and touch him if I chose to. I'm guessing you would have. :lol:

Erin
03-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Yes. Probably in naughty places too. :ninja:

fernandito
03-01-2008, 07:28 AM
*edit*

nvm.

Brice
03-01-2008, 07:29 AM
I figured as much. :rofl:

Erin
03-01-2008, 07:31 AM
:lol: Yep, I don't watch Rock of Love for it's high quality programming.

Brice
03-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Well, the whole band's very receptive to their fans so maybe you'll get your chance someday Erin.

Scoogs
03-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't go to very many shows

Radiohead (3)
Beta Band (1; technically a cheat, they opened for Radiohead)
R.E.M. (1)
Smashing Pumpkins (1) 2nd to last show before they broke up
Zwan (2) (I was a big Pumpkins fan)
The Pixies (1)
Weezer (1)
Modest Mouse(1)
Blues Traveler

Can't remember anymore at the moment

towerguard
03-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Ozzy x2
Black Label Society
System of a Down
Disturbed
Twisted Sister
Megadeth
Heaven and Hell
Doro
Slayer
Marilyn Manson
Stevie Nicks
New York Dolls

Mattrick
03-02-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm not a huge concert person but in my life:

Bryan Adams

Slayer
Judas Priest

Roger Waters

Unearth

Brand New

Cryptopsy

Armand St Pierre
03-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
Fugazi
Bjork
No Doubt
The Replacements
Cibo Matto
Solex
The Gear Daddies
Ween (on Halloween!)
Cypress Hill
Prince
Husker Du
Wilco
The Flaming Lips
Busta Rhymes

Erin
03-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Ooo Nirvana...interesting. How was that?

And I'd love to see No Doubt. I bet Gwen Stefani is great to see live.

obscurejude
03-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Is Nirvana touring right now?

Erin
03-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Wait...that's a joke right? :lol:

obscurejude
03-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Yes Erin

obscurejude
03-02-2008, 11:24 PM
:excited:

Erin
03-02-2008, 11:27 PM
:rofl:

blackrose22
03-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Ooo Nirvana...interesting. How was that?

And I'd love to see No Doubt. I bet Gwen Stefani is great to see live.

I'd forgotten that I'd seen Nirvana on the Nevermind tour. Not their biggest fan. They only played for about 1 hour 20 minutes but they had 2 support bands The Breeders and Teenage Fan Club (I think). Nirvana put on a pretty good show but for me Dave Grohl was the highlight of the night. His drumming so powerful, heavy and tight.

jayson
03-03-2008, 04:39 AM
this list is by no means complete, only what I can remember off the top of my head right now and not counting about a billion smaller acts that i could list but nobody would know who the hell i was talking about

Allman Brothers Band
Grateful Dead
Radiohead
Marc Ribot
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
Jerry Garcia Band
The Ramones
Charlie Hunter
Roger Waters
Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band
Phish
Beastie Boys
CAKE
Medeski, Martin & Wood
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Steve Bernstein's Sex Mob
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
Bela Fleck, Stanley Clarke & Jean-Luc Ponty
Tori Amos
Billy Joel
Violent Femmes
Black Flag
Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros
Big Audio Dynamite
Living Colour
Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
Antibalas
Pearl Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers
George Clinton & P-Funk All-Stars
They Might Be Giants
Tenacious D
Gov't Mule

Kevin
03-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Moneen
NOFX
Alexisonfire
Cancer Bats
Billy Joel
Phil Collins

obscurejude
03-03-2008, 09:03 AM
this list is by no means complete, only what I can remember off the top of my head right now and not counting about a billion smaller acts that i could list but nobody would know who the hell i was talking about

Allman Brothers Band
Grateful Dead
Radiohead
Marc Ribot
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
Jerry Garcia Band
The Ramones
Charlie Hunter
Roger Waters
Phish
Beastie Boys
CAKE
Medeski, Martin & Wood
Tori Amos
Billy Joel
Violent Femmes
Black Flag
Big Audio Dynamite
Living Colour
Antibalas
Pearl Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers
They Might Be Giants
Tenacious D
Gov't Mule

Jayson, you really need to get out more.:lol:

jayson
03-03-2008, 09:25 AM

Allman Brothers Band
Grateful Dead
Radiohead
Marc Ribot
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
Jerry Garcia Band
The Ramones
Charlie Hunter
Roger Waters
Phish
Beastie Boys
CAKE
Medeski, Martin & Wood
Tori Amos
Billy Joel
Violent Femmes
Black Flag
Big Audio Dynamite
Living Colour
Antibalas
Pearl Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers
They Might Be Giants
Tenacious D
Gov't Mule

Jayson, you really need to get out more.:lol:

funny thing is, i haven't seen nearly as much recently as i have in years past. radiohead in may will be only my 2nd show this year

obscurejude
03-03-2008, 12:50 PM
I hoping to catch them too.

jayson
03-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I hoping to catch them too.

the one show of theirs i saw in "03 was spectacular. i have much live RH on video/audio and it's like musical crack it's so damn addictive.

Heather19
03-03-2008, 04:01 PM
R of G, how were Bela Fleck & the Flecktones? I would love to see them sometime.

I haven't seen too many:
Dave Mattthews Band (gone every year since 98 with the exception of 2002, and 2004)
Tori Amos
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Tim Reynolds
Sarah McLachlan

jayson
03-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Heather, in a word, phenomenal. We're talking about four extraordinary musicians, and in the case of Victor Wooten and Bela, two of the best in the world on their instruments. They mix things up a bit too. Bela usually gets a little mini solo set, Victor gets a long solo to play some killer bass which almost always features his beautiful versions of amazing grace. both bela and victor also like to throw in riffs from beatles' songs at random points which is always cool. jeff coffin [the sax player] does some parts playing two saxes at once a la rashaan roland kirk [who played 3 at once]. futureman [aka Roy Wooten] plays the drumitar, a device of his own creation which plays samples triggered by a keypad on a guitar shaped box, as well as a mini drum and percussion kit. overall it's a very entertaining show which i've seen twice.

if they come near you, i highly rec checking them out.

Telynn
03-03-2008, 04:58 PM
My husband and daughter went to see Bela Fleck & The Flecktones. They really enjoyed it.

And Heather19, you are the only other one to mention TSO!!! Yay TSO!!! Awesome show.

It makes me sad to think that kids today really can't go see the shows like I did. Too darned expensive. My list was pretty long and it isn't even close to all the shows I saw. (Of course I do count the shows that I had the ticket stub for but for some strange reason don't remember the show at all..... like Head East..... and Black Sabbath with Dio..... )

Heather19
03-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm going to have to check them out the next time they come to my area. I've really been wanting to see them for a long time.

And Telynn, TSO does put on an amazing show. I've seen them the past 2 years, and can't wait till their tour next year. I'm just hoping next year, it's closer to christmastime. Last year it was the beginning of november, one of the first shows of the tour, and it was kinda strange to be listening to christmas music before Thanksgiving. Nonetheless, it was still a great show.

jayson
03-04-2008, 10:21 AM
we just found out Built to Spill is playing in St Petersburg [1/2 hr from here] this Thursday so I will be seeing them for a second time, and this time I don't have to drive 6 hours to Atlanta!!! I know what I'll be listening to the rest of today.:rock:

Scoogs
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
we just found out Built to Spill is playing in St Petersburg [1/2 hr from here] this Thursday so I will be seeing them for a second time, and this time I don't have to drive 6 hours to Atlanta!!! I know what I'll be listening to the rest of today.:rock:

Sweet, I've always wanted to see them. I have a few live recordings from their tour with Modest Mouse. (Back in 2000 I think).
I'm also jealous that you got to see Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros.

I'm hoping to catch Radiohead again this summer when they play Chicago. That would be my 4th time. The don't tour often enough to justify missing a show if they play in the area.

jayson
03-05-2008, 04:33 AM
Built to Spill put on a great show when we saw them a couple years ago in Atl. so I am hoping for another good show tomorrow. As for Strummer, I am a huge Clash fan so that was one of my highlights. I also so Big Audio Dynamite with Mick Jones, so if I could manage to ever see Paul Simonon, I could at least have seen all three core members of the Clash.

CRinVA
03-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Wow! I used to go to loads of concerts - not so much anymore - it's a bitch getting old! The memorable ones that I remember include:

The Who
Eric Clapton
Humble Pie
Black Oak Arkansas - as backup band to Humble Pie
ZZ Top
Ted Nugent
The Beach Boys
Bachman Turner Overdrive
The Allmond Brothers - 650,000 people at The Concert at Watkins Glen
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Band - 650,000 people at The Concert at Watkins Glen
The Greatful Dead - 650,000 people at The Concert at Watkins Glen
New Riders of the Purple Sage - The Lawrence (KS) Opera House
The Preservation Hall Jazz band - youngest member was 65 yrs old
Pat Benatar
Cindi Lauper
Emerson, Lake and Palmer - probably the best show I ever went to!!!!
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Steppenwolf - in a bar venue with less than 100 people
REO Speedwagon - at Vasser when it was an all-girls college!
Yes
Kansas
Boston
Blackfoot - as hard they get!
Styx
Santana
Uriah Heap
Warren Zevon - I actually first met WZ at a bar in maui before he got famous!
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull
Chicago
Loggins & Mesinna
The Moody Blues
Fleetwood Mac
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Huey Lewis & the News
CSN&Y
Neil Young
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
Mountain
Woodstock - too many to list!
Melanie
Led Zeppelin
Neil Diamond - met him and his producer at Motel i worked at right after they signed contract for The Jazz Singer - got a $50 tip for washing the producer's car!
Rolling Stones
The Hollies

blackrose22
03-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Wow! I used to go to loads of concerts - not so much anymore - it's a bitch getting old! The memorable ones that I remember include:

The Who
Eric Clapton
Humble Pie
Black Oak Arkansas - as backup band to Humble Pie
ZZ Top
Ted Nugent
The Beach Boys
Bachman Turner Overdrive
The Allmond Brothers - 650,000 people at The Concert at Watkins Glen
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Band - 650,000 people at The Concert at Watkins Glen
The Greatful Dead - 650,000 people at The Concert at Watkins Glen
New Riders of the Purple Sage - The Lawrence (KS) Opera House
The Preservation Hall Jazz band - youngest member was 65 yrs old
Pat Benatar
Cindi Lauper
Emerson, Lake and Palmer - probably the best show I ever went to!!!!
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Steppenwolf - in a bar venue with less than 100 people
REO Speedwagon - at Vasser when it was an all-girls college!
Yes
Kansas
Boston
Blackfoot - as hard they get!
Styx
Santana
Uriah Heap
Warren Zevon - I actually first met WZ at a bar in maui before he got famous!
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull
Chicago
Loggins & Mesinna
The Moody Blues
Fleetwood Mac
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Huey Lewis & the News
CSN&Y
Neil Young
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
Mountain
Woodstock - too many to list!
Melanie
Led Zeppelin
Neil Diamond - met him and his producer at Motel i worked at right after they signed contract for The Jazz Singer - got a $50 tip for washing the producer's car!
Rolling Stones
The Hollies

God you are showing your age having seen the Beatles:rock: , wow lucky you. Mountain too, thats one band I would love to see live. Leslie West is one brilliant guitarist. Just had Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain playing yesterday or the day before. Lucky git.

CRinVA
03-05-2008, 08:06 AM
God you are showing your age having seen the Beatles:rock: , wow lucky you. Mountain too, thats one band I would love to see live. Leslie West is one brilliant guitarist. Just had Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain playing yesterday or the day before. Lucky git.

You're only as old as you feel - somedays I feel like I am still that long haired hippie from the 60's! Then I look in the mirror and remember how old I really am! :-)

I still love to sit in the car alone and crank up the volume to some hard rock! My wife, who never really got into music at all, thinks I am nuts! Certain songs seem to teleport you back in time to the period when you first heard the specific song. Like when I hear The Cars "Just What I Needed", I am teleported to 1981 Lawrence, Kansas where I went to college (I was old for college by the way); and when I here "Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog" by Three Dog Night, I am immediately transported to the kitchen at Kentucky Friend Chicken in the New york Adirondacks where I slaved as a 17 year old fry cook in 1970!

It's amazing what music can do!

Samanthita
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
The only bands I've seen that people might know about are Rilo Kiley, Murder By Death, The Blood Brothers and Bright Eyes.

For about 2 years of my life I was always travelling and going to shows put on by small local bands or somewhat popular bands within a certian music scene. Usually I'd one or two shows, average 3 bands each, every weekend. That's a lot. Mostly hardcore/metal and folk punk. Odd combination, yes. I saw Plan-It-X fest twice, and I really want to go down to Gainsville, they do a 3 day thing called "The Fest" every year.

I've always preferred the small venues run by some 22 year old kid to the huge concert halls filled with hundreds of people. It seems more personal to me. I can pay $5 to see a few bands and meet some interesting people, or I can pay a ridiculous amount to see some huge band that probably doesn't even have the orginal line up anymore. No contest.

OchrisO
03-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Plan-it-X!
I wish I hadn't missed the fest before they moved from Bloomington.

I'm a big fan of Operation Cliff Clavin(too bad they have been gone for some time), Devil is Electric and This Bike is a Pipe Bomb. I never got to see any of them live, though DIE and Against Me! played a show close to where I used to live a long time ago.

what
03-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Plan-it-X!

I'm a big fan of Operation Cliff Clavin(too bad they have been gone for some time), Devil is Electric and This Bike is a Pipe Bomb. I never got to see any of them live, though DIE and Against Me! played a show close to where I used to live a long time ago.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Against Me! at Bonnaroo. I was rather shocked to see them in the line up this year.

Ehh... as far as what i've seen
Dave Matthews Band - several times
Sevendust - several times
Breaking Benjamin
Cheap Trick
Cake
Skynard
Screaming Cheatahs
Days of the New
Whoever played Bonnaroo 2005...

Rjeso
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Against Me opened for Foo Fighters. They were good, much better than I was expecting a first opening band to be.

OchrisO
03-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Against Me! has changed so much from when I used to be really into them. They were still releasing stuff on plan-it-x back when I really started listening to them. They have a song called "What We Worked For" that is amazing. When I listen to the lyrics to that song and then think about how you can find them on compilation CDs at Wal-Mart and such, it makes me sad, but they are still a good band.

Here's the lyrics for reference:

Lost the confidence to write a song,
So I found three simple chords
And held them together with my weak voice
On an out of tune guitar
My father gave to me.

May Elvis turn in his grave
And Les Paul kiss my dirty, calloused fingers
And may the likes of this song never make
One fucking dollar,
leave it for a demo tape
To be played until it's broken,
Then remembered only for what it was.

That we gave them hell
That we gave them hell
That we gave them hell

That we gave them hell
That we gave them hell
That we gave them hell

To my friends and enemies who could of been anything,
Titans and heroes who found survival in cause and effect.
Behind counters,
Behind windows,
Striving just
To be people
With bitter ideals of justice.
Do we only need to keep working because it pays rent?
Sleeping under plastic stars glued to ceiling,
Muscles burning alcohol and nicotine
Every morning.

But we gave them hell
But we gave them hell
But we gave them hell

But we gave them hell
But we gave them hell
But we gave them hell

There's a height beyond skyscrapers,
There's a distance beyond the freeway,
More than pictures in a magazine,
More than tragedy in a rock and roll song.
It's more than actions you know are safe to make.
It's more than money could ever buy.
Are we working to live and die in american cities,
living to work and die in american cities, and dying for what we worked.

They just sort of seemed to lose that diy ethic presented in this song when they moved on to bigger label stuff. I still enjoy their stuff, but it is much different now.

blackrose22
03-05-2008, 04:09 PM

You're only as old as you feel - somedays I feel like I am still that long haired hippie from the 60's! Then I look in the mirror and remember how old I really am! :-)

I still love to sit in the car alone and crank up the volume to some hard rock! My wife, who never really got into music at all, thinks I am nuts! Certain songs seem to teleport you back in time to the period when you first heard the specific song. Like when I hear The Cars "Just What I Needed", I am teleported to 1981 Lawrence, Kansas where I went to college (I was old for college by the way); and when I here "Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog" by Three Dog Night, I am immediately transported to the kitchen at Kentucky Friend Chicken in the New york Adirondacks where I slaved as a 17 year old fry cook in 1970!

It's amazing what music can do!
I know exactly what you mean CRinVA sometimes when a song you hear on the radio can bring back memories that can put a smile on your face or sometimes make you cringe (memories of ex girlfriends especially). Sometimes it can make you sad too as every time I hear Dancing In the Moonlight by Thin Lizzy it brings back the memory of hearing the song on the radio and the DJ then dedicating to the late Phil Lynott who had just passed away earlier that day. As Lizzy were and still are my fave band it knock me for six and made me cry. But I still love the song.
Gigs, friends, music and beer thats what it's all about:rock: :rock: :rock: . Rock 'n' Roll

Samanthita
03-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Plan-it-X!

I saw it in '05 when they toured. Gainesville and Tampa. Both were awesome. This Bike is A Pipebomb played, but I guess one of the members was sick and another was taking care of him, so every song they played some random member of another band would jump on stage and play. It was pretty cool. I never saw Against Me! but I met one of the guy's brother outside of a club in Gainesville. He killed a bug for me because his friend refused to on the grounds that it was a living thing. Random story of the day.

I've seen Definacnce, Ohio 4 times and they are by far my favorite live. The energy from them and the crowd is amazing. So much fun.

OchrisO
03-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Defiance, Ohio is great. I haven't seen them live, but pretty much all of those bands seem to have fun shows. I haven't been to any shows in years, mostly not ince i moved away from my hometown and stopped playing in the band that I was in. I just can't even find the time for it anymore.

Scoogs
03-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Built to Spill put on a great show when we saw them a couple years ago in Atl. so I am hoping for another good show tomorrow. As for Strummer, I am a huge Clash fan so that was one of my highlights. I also so Big Audio Dynamite with Mick Jones, so if I could manage to ever see Paul Simonon, I could at least have seen all three core members of the Clash.

You could always catch Simonon in The Good, the Bad & the Queen...

Mick Jones also has a new band, they just released an album a few months ago. I forget the name, but my boss brought it into work so we could listen to it.

jayson
03-06-2008, 04:20 AM
You could always catch Simonon in The Good, the Bad & the Queen...

i could, but it would purely be to say i've seen simonon as i don't really enjoy that project at all. jones' new project i have yet to hear.

Míchéal
03-06-2008, 05:28 AM
Morrissey is great live...

Jon
03-09-2008, 02:56 AM
I one saw Bambi and her donkey perform live once...wait...that's not what this thread is about is it?

Ka-tet
03-14-2008, 06:14 AM
Ive not seen any bands live yet. I am going to see Sonata Arctica Next month though ^_^

sarah
03-14-2008, 07:09 AM
I used to go to concerts all the time (it is called life before kids) :lol:

I hardly ever went to a show that sucked but some of my best memories of shows are:

The Beastie Boys
Green Day
Pearl Jam
Rage against the Machine
and Jane's Addiction

what
03-17-2008, 06:52 AM
I used to go to concerts all the time (it is called life before kids) :lol:

I hardly ever went to a show that sucked but some of my best memories of shows are:

The Beastie Boys
Green Day
Pearl Jam
Rage against the Machine
and Jane's Addiction

Yeah, life before kids! Me and the wife are dieing to see The Beastie Boys... we figure Ava will be old enough to stay with someone by the time they come through Atlanta again...

educatedlady
03-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Hooray for concert threads. :)

30 Seconds to Mars (x11)
Kill Hannah (x3)
Strata(x2)
Resident Hero (x2)
Flyleaf (x2)
Aiden (x3)
DC Talk (once)
Jason Mraz (x2)
The Matches (once)
Cartel (twice)
Boys Like Girls (once)
Cobra Starship (x 3)

I went to X-fest 2007 and saw tons of bands-- 30STM/The Used headlining. I also worked the Taste of Chaos tour last year so I saw 30 STM, The Used, Aiden, Chiodos, Saosin, Evaline, etc. 5 times.
That's all I can think of right now. I think I'm missing some. Ha.

S.Brewedr
03-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Norma Jean
Fear Before the March of Flames
Misery Signals
Between the Burried and Me
mewithoutYou
Blood Brothers
Dredg
Coheed and Cambria
Chiodos
From First to Last
Every TIme I Die
Atreyu
Karate High School
Eyes Set To Kill
Foxy Shazam

Ah, I miss the days when I actually had the time to go to concerts.... Single Tear.

educatedlady
03-22-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm jealous of you...you've seen Dredg. I've wanted to for so long but it never works out for me to see them. :(

S.Brewedr
03-22-2008, 07:34 PM
If it makes you feel any better they where amazing... wait, that probably doesn't help.

obscurejude
03-22-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm seeing Rush this summer.

I'm driving to Portland to see Elliott Smith's grave.

what
03-24-2008, 11:19 AM
woohoo... the wife is getting me tickets to DMB in july for our aniversary! And Gomez is opening!

blackrose22
03-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm seeing Rush this summer.

I'm driving to Portland to see Elliott Smith's grave.

I saw Rush last October in Brimingham England :rock: and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. You are in for a treat as I hear they are playing a new set on the next set of dates in the US and Canada. If only I had some spare cash I'd head over but alas not:pullhair: :cry: . The set they played was almost 3 hours long so get there early to avoid dissapointment. Have fun and lets us know what it was like you lucky git:thumbsup: .

Heather19
03-24-2008, 01:44 PM
woohoo... the wife is getting me tickets to DMB in july for our aniversary! And Gomez is opening!

Lucky you! I hoping to get tickets to one of their June shows. And word is that Tim will be joining them for most of the tour, so it should be a good one.

Samanthita
03-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Norma Jean
Fear Before the March of Flames
Misery Signals
Between the Burried and Me
mewithoutYou
Blood Brothers
Dredg
Coheed and Cambria
Chiodos
From First to Last
Every TIme I Die
Atreyu
Karate High School
Eyes Set To Kill
Foxy Shazam

Ah, I miss the days when I actually had the time to go to concerts.... Single Tear.

Blood Brothers was a lot of fun. I'll always remember the date because it was the last day I had health insurance, and the next day my best friend almost killed us in her car. Would not have been fun.
I missed BTBAM and Every time I Die when they were on tour together... and I will never forgive myself for it.

I might be going to see Explosions in the Sky April 12th. The boyfriend wants to go, and hey, what the hell, it's been too long since I've see live music.

what
03-25-2008, 04:42 AM
Lucky you! I hoping to get tickets to one of their June shows. And word is that Tim will be joining them for most of the tour, so it should be a good one.

Yeah, I had heard TR3 was opening a few shows for them. My favorite shows have always been ones with guest appearances!

Heather19
03-25-2008, 01:57 PM
It depends on who the guest is. I've seen some guests that I think the band would have been better without, and then others that were fantastic. Now if they would just get Bela to come back for a tour, I can't think of anything better!

Arthur Heath
03-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Festivals is where its at! Such as Coachella! I also like a good concert I can dance at, like maybe an easy 3 step like Reel Big Fish or some other ska (thought I dont listen to much of it)

what
03-26-2008, 04:47 AM
It depends on who the guest is. I've seen some guests that I think the band would have been better without, and then others that were fantastic. Now if they would just get Bela to come back for a tour, I can't think of anything better!

I speak only from my experiences - Trey Anastasio, Bela Fleck, Warren Haynes, and Robert Randolph... RR is absolutely amazing!

Heather19
03-26-2008, 01:55 PM
I've yet to see him with the band, but I've heard good stuff. I got to see Trey last year which was amazing, and Bela back in '99 but didn't really know too much about him then, so didn't fully appreciate it. But I saw Rashawn at his first performance with the band, and Toots guesting last year, and could have done without both of them.

Darkthoughts
04-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Hawkwind
RDF
The Mission
The Wonderstuff (many times and consistently amazing)
Neds Atomic Dustbin
Cud
The John Spencer Blues Explosion
New Fast Automatic Daffodils
Kingmaker
Pop Will Eat Itself
Iggy Pop
Nirvana
Sonic Youth
Babes In Toyland
The Beastie Boys
Garbage
Black Grape
Dinosaur Jnr
Don McLean
Jools Holland
G Love and Special Sauce
Weezer
Dodgy
The Charlatans
The Prodigy
Jamiroquai
Sheryl Crow
Sting
Van Morrison
theres more, I just can't remember!

blackrose22
04-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Nightwish last night in Dublin. Excellent gig, great sound, great preformance from the band and Vicar Street is a brilliant venue for a gig.

Scoogs
04-12-2008, 08:51 PM
The Counting Crows were playing locally tonight, so I went to the show.
I really only know their various radio hits and they aren't really what I usually listen to, but it was a pretty good show. I'm glad to see they don't just play the studio versions of their songs.

The singer mentioned that a few of the songs they played hadn't been done live in several years. He had good interaction with the crowd too. Several times it was like an episode of Storytellers with him talking about what the song meant, etc.

They had to stop the show suddenly at one point because a fan up front either collapsed or was having a heart attack. Paramedics got to him and took him out after a few minutes. Seemed like he would be alright.
When the band started up again, they didn't just restart the song they had been playing. The picked up in the middle of the song, right where they had left off. Thought that was kind of funny.

obscurejude
04-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Adam Duritz is a very talented songwriter. Its cool that you got to see them.

blackrose22
04-13-2008, 05:54 AM
The Counting Crows were playing locally tonight, so I went to the show.
I really only know their various radio hits and they aren't really what I usually listen to, but it was a pretty good show. I'm glad to see they don't just play the studio versions of their songs.

The singer mentioned that a few of the songs they played hadn't been done live in several years. He had good interaction with the crowd too. Several times it was like an episode of Storytellers with him talking about what the song meant, etc.

They had to stop the show suddenly at one point because a fan up front either collapsed or was having a heart attack. Paramedics got to him and took him out after a few minutes. Seemed like he would be alright.
When the band started up again, they didn't just restart the song they had been playing. The picked up in the middle of the song, right where they had left off. Thought that was kind of funny.

Now thats what I call a good tight live band. 8)

Erin
04-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I randomly check ticketmaster to see if the Counting Crows are back on tour. I am always disappointed.

Not today though!

August 30th, Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati.

:nana: :rock: :excited:

Rjeso
04-22-2008, 01:46 PM
I've scored tickets to Eddie Izzard's Stripped tour in May and another version of A Midsummer Night's Dream by the same guy who did the production I saw in 9th grade. However, he's turned it into a post-9/11 thing with more of a punk rock look. The first one was modernized and it was awesome, and it looks like this version is going to be just as cool as before. :D

Girlystevedave
04-22-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm craving a really good live show....have been for a while, but no one good ever comes around.:nope:
And I'm still bitter that my favorite music venue was torn down a few years ago.
Bastards!(shakes fist)

Scoogs
04-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Last night I went to the Colin Meloy show in Milwaukee (lead singer of the Decemberists). 4th row, center in the smallish Pabst Theatre.
The show was phenomonal. All acoustic and he played quite a few Decemberists songs, including 3 new tracks that they will be recording this summer for the new album.
There was a two parter, the first being a mother singing her son off to work in a mine in 1912. The second half/song is the funeral procession. Last one is called Valarie Plame. Can't wait to hear a studio version of that one.

If you have a chance to catch him on this tour, and like the Decemberists, I very strongly recommend going to one of his shows. Easily the best show I've seen in a couple of years.
He's very funny and a great story teller. The stage banter is not to be missed.

Ka-tet
05-26-2008, 09:56 AM
I saw Sonata Arctica at leeds in april, and im going to see James Blunt in October. Not sure where yet though.

e_taylor
05-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I've been to so many shows I can't even begin to name all the bands I've seen - but I'll try!

Black Label Society
Brand New Sin
Meldrum
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Protest the Hero
Fieldy's Dreams
Buck 65
Cadence Weapon
Scratch Bastid
Sole
Megadeth
Children of Bodom
Job for a Cowboy
High on Fire
In Flames
Wilco
Andrew Bird
Neil Young
Peggi Young
Brand New
Thrice
MeWithOutYou (puke)
My Chemical Romance (Puke)
Greenday
The Guess Who
Randy Bachman
Bachman Turner Overdrive
Burton Cummings
Bachman-Cummings Band
April Wine
Mountain
Deep Purple
Alice Cooper
George Thoroughgood and the Destroyers
Coheed and Cambria
Porcupine Tree
Opeth
Joey Eppard (of 3)
Robin Black
Mushroomhead
Godsmack
Alexisonfire
Billy Talent
Blue Skies at War
Anti-Hero
Nothing Left for Tomorrow
Matthew Good Band
Blood Sweat and Tears
Lighthouse
VooDoo Lounge
Helix
Foghat
Edgar Winter
Steppenwolf
Honeymoon Quite
Trooper
ZZ Top
REO Speedwagon
Six Too

And I'm sure there some huge ones I'm completely forgetting, but I've been to so many, and been under the influence of so many things during, that my memory fades.....

Interesting stories --

Black Label Society - Zakk Wylde always does a crazy 10 minute solo during the show. The rest of the band set up a table and smoked cigars, did whiskey shots and played poker. It was at Harpos in Detroit, so I climbed on stage and joined them. They were really awesome guys, and humoured a drunken fan

Wilco - went out with Jeff Tweedy after the show and he bought me a beer

Porcupine Tree - ran into Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson at the show -- a very cool experience.

Alice Cooper - when he was in town the year after I saw him (he came three years in a row for a local festival) I inadvertantly told him he smelt. We were downtown looking at watches in a jewlery store and some old man kept getting too close to me, I'd move a few feet over and he'd follow me, it was as if he wanted me to notice him. Finally I said "Hey buddy, f**k off, you smell". He left, I felt triumphant, and when we left the store my buddy who was waiting outside goes "did you see who you were just talking to?" and I said "yah, it was some old guy, i told him he smelt bad".....

Mark
05-28-2008, 01:49 PM
I've been to see Busted live when i was like 10, and i should be going seeing James Blunt with Ka-tet. I really want Maiden to tour the UK, and i want Disturbed over here as well.

Frunobulax
05-28-2008, 06:14 PM
-Dirty Projectors
-White Rainbow [twice, third coming soon]
-St. Vincent [one of the best shows I've ever seen...period. SEE HER IF YOU CAN.]
-Ani DiFranco [at least thirce]
I don't go to many concerts, but these four are by and far the best shows I've seen. Hopefully I can get the money to see Xiu Xiu later this year, which should be incredible.

Rjeso
05-29-2008, 05:17 AM
Went to see Eddie Izzard again last night -- SO much better than the last time! His magic is back. :wub:

Erin
05-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Awesome! I'm so jealous!

Rjeso
05-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Jeezy Creezy, it's SO worth the money. If he's performing anywhere even remotely near you, do me a favor and go.

Heather19
06-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Went to see the Dave Matthews Band this past week. They put on a great show just as always. And it was great to see Timmy back with the band. He is one amazing guitar player.

The only bad thing was that my friend rushed me out of the show so we missed the last song, as it was getting late and she wanted to try to beat the crowd out. Well it didn't make a difference, cause they blocked our parking lot and wouldn't let anyone out till the other lots were empty so we got to sit in our car for an hour and a half and were one of the last ones out. I was so irritated. We should have just stayed and enjoyed the rest of the show.

Tvmorbid
06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Limp Bizkit (1)
Lost Prophets (2)
One Minute Silence (2)
Bane of Deceit (4)
Cradle of Filth (2)
Motorhead (1)
Disturbed (1)
Judas Priest (1)
Seether (1)
Hanzel und Gretle (1)
Apocalyptica (1)
The Offspring (1)
Incubus (1)
Amon Amarth (1)
Ace Frehely (1)
Children of Bodom (1)
Bleeding Through (1)
Throwdown (1)
KISS (1)

KISS where definatly the best band I've ever seen, hopefully I'll get to see them again :D

goncho
07-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I´ve seen

Mark Knopfler (2001)
Eric Clapton (2001)
Pearl Jam (twice on 2005)
Marky Ramone (2006)
Bob Dylan (2008 )
tons of local bands

I can´t complain, but I still wish more great artists visited South America, anyway, I know I won´t die until I see Radiohead, R.E.M. and Neil Young live

educatedlady
07-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I just saw Stone Temple Pilots at Red Rocks last Wednesday. It was a pretty fun show. Weiland is a MoFo. haha

what
07-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Went to see the Dave Matthews Band this past week. They put on a great show just as always. And it was great to see Timmy back with the band. He is one amazing guitar player.

The only bad thing was that my friend rushed me out of the show so we missed the last song, as it was getting late and she wanted to try to beat the crowd out. Well it didn't make a difference, cause they blocked our parking lot and wouldn't let anyone out till the other lots were empty so we got to sit in our car for an hour and a half and were one of the last ones out. I was so irritated. We should have just stayed and enjoyed the rest of the show.

Lucky! I'm missing the show this year again! We got new carpet in the house though><

Heather19
07-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Lucky! I'm missing the show this year again! We got new carpet in the house though><

Sorry about that, that's too bad. But at least you've got nice flooring!

I was wondering what show you were going to. I'd be kinda curious to see Jeff sitting in with the band. They really lucked out with getting him, although he'll never replace Leroi.

what
07-10-2008, 07:22 AM

Sorry about that, that's too bad. But at least you've got nice flooring!

I was wondering what show you were going to. I'd be kinda curious to see Jeff sitting in with the band. They really lucked out with getting him, although he'll never replace Leroi.

I had planned to go to the Atlanta show at Hifi Buys Amphi... I'm still kicking myself for not going to last years atlanta show with the Brothers

valtr0n
07-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Have seen:
Tom Petty
Pete Droge
KISS
Ted Nugent
Skid Row
Muse
Foo Fighters
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Old Crow Medicine Show (2x)
Nickel Creek (2x)
Nine Inch Nails
Tool
Tomahawk
Moving Units
Snake River Conspiracy
Alice Cooper
ZZ Top
A Perfect Circle (2x)

Going to see:
Merle Haggard
Nine Inch Nails

Heather19
07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
I had planned to go to the Atlanta show at Hifi Buys Amphi... I'm still kicking myself for not going to last years atlanta show with the Brothers

Piedmont Park, the one they released? That would have been a good one.
At least there's always next year.

Ruthful
07-19-2008, 07:59 PM
They Might Be Giants
M. Doughty
Beth Orton
Los Lobos
The Wolfetones
The Whole Shebang
The Boy's Choir of Harlem
Suzanne Vega
Big Rich
The Duke Ellington Band
Arturo O'Farrill & the Afro-Latin Jazz Orchestra
Steve Reich

There are a few others I'm forgetting.

Brice
07-19-2008, 08:02 PM
They Might Be Giants

<------jealous

Ruthful
07-19-2008, 08:07 PM
I saw them at Celebrate Brooklyn years ago. M. Doughty, from Soul Coughing, was their opening act. He was okay. They do a lot of shows in New York though. I remember a few years ago when they would play a few sets at a bar each week during the Summer.

Brice
07-19-2008, 08:44 PM
I've always heard they do an excellent show. Some day I will have to see them.

obscurejude
07-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Brice, if you want I'll bring my guitar in a couple of weeks and play you some stuff I've been working on. No worries if you don't want to hear, but it would sort of be a live show. :D

Brice
07-19-2008, 09:18 PM
That'd be great! :D Please do.

obscurejude
07-19-2008, 09:20 PM
No problem. :cool: I was sort of planning on it anyway. :lol: Your opinion on this stuff before I go into the studio would mean a lot to me.

Brice
07-19-2008, 09:27 PM
I'd love to hear it. :thumbsup:

citiesburnred
07-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Blue Öyster Cult
Every Time I Die (Biggest Mosh pit ever...best show I've seen)
Chiodos
Scary Kids Scary Kids
Emanuel (hated this band)
The Bled (Tied for best show with ETID)
Gym Class Heroes

That's all I can remember..the 2 bands I want to see right now either isn't touring or only seems to ever tour in Canada

Ruthful
07-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Also, The Moody Blues. I watched half of the performance they did for a summer concert series in front of the Today Show studios years ago.

Scoogs
07-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Picked up tickets for Beck last week.
I've been wanting to see him for a good 10 years, now I just have to wait until October.

Heather19
07-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Going to see Coldplay this weekend, Can't wait!

Shamey
07-28-2008, 03:59 PM
I've been to all kinds of shows!
I went to Ozzfest 6 years in a row (I'm not going to bother to list all of those...)
Rammstein
Skipknot
Otep
Lamb of God
Godforbid
Soulfly
Children of Bodom (my FAV so far)
Hot Chip
Wolfmother
Born Ruffians
Ringo and his All Star Band ;)
The Monkees
Metallica
Matchbox 20
The Gorillaz
Pat Benatar
...I can't remember anymore. I'll have to go through my ticket stubs now...
(I also have tickets to go see NKOTB in the fall:blush: )

what
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
(I also have tickets to go see NKOTB in the fall:blush: )

I got my wife floor tickets for the NKOTB show in Atlanta ><... she was upset when I didn't get them for our anniversary... I really hope its a good show

Bluenose
08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Had hoped to get tickets for Ryan Adams and The Cardinals in the Ambassador in Dublin, but wasnt able to. Guess I'm going to have to wait til December and Counting Crows in Belfast

Darkthoughts
11-17-2008, 06:01 AM
Merging the Live Perfomances thread with the Concert Photos thread. Feel free to post/discuss both in here :thumbsup:

Darkthoughts
11-22-2008, 07:08 AM
Has anyone heard of these guys?
http://www.petercoopermusic.com/

They're playing at my local pub on Friday. My friend Steve knows them and invited them to come over and they agreed - free gig and everything :thumbsup:
The landlord is shitting himself now though, as some guy from London phoned and asked if the pub is big enough to hold 200 people...I don't think theres that many people in our village :lol:

Frunobulax
11-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Since I last posted I've been to a lot of my friend's shows, two Lucky Dragons shows, one Bad Dudes show, one Laco$te show, another White Rainbow show, and am seeing HEALTH open for of Montreal tonight. This will be my second time seeing oM, and their stage show is always fucking ridiculous and awesome.

Frunobulax
11-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Holy shit!! of Montreal were fucking INSANE. Costume changes with almost every song, drummers matching strokes, covers of Franz Ferdinand and Nirvana, almost all of the new album, the best songs from HFAYTD and Sunlandic...TWO HOURS STRAIGHT OF MUSIC. Seriously one of the best shows in terms of both the musicianship and the staging. HEALTH disappointed (their album is OK, their live show is dull), however.

jayson
11-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Sounds awesome Fruno. What covers did they play?

obscurejude
11-24-2008, 05:44 PM
I recently saw Martin Sexton live. Really enjoyed his set in the context of a small venue. It was perfect.*

*Besides not having a place to sit. :arg:

And I have a video I took if anyone likes Martin Sexton. I'll post it if anyone's interested.

Frunobulax
11-25-2008, 09:41 AM
They did Take Me Out and Smells Like Teen Spirit. They even matched all the feedback perfectly for Spirit.

jayson
11-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Nice!

"Take Me Out" is compulsively fun to play on guitar. Once I learned the riff I couldn't make myself stop playing it for quite awhile.

Heather19
12-13-2008, 08:22 AM
I don't know if anyone's gone to see the Transiberian Orchestra this year. But all I have to say is what an amazing show. It was very different from previous years. Probably the most fun I've had at a concert in awhile.

sarah
09-23-2009, 06:10 AM
We went to the killers show last night and it was freaking awesome. They sounded so good live. I jumped up and down and screamed and sang. I pretty much lost my voice today but it was worth it.

Seymour_Glass
09-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Wolf Like Letterman

I really wanna see TV on the Radio.

Seymour_Glass
02-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Lou motherfuckin' Reed.

Also, what the hell was that Who shit during the Superbowl? Why did Pete and Roger even consider that as a good idea?

giggler5
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
primus
the dead
umphrey's mcgee (most talented group i've ever seen!)
bob dylan (twice)
the black crowes
willie nelson
bright eyes
the string cheese incident (twice)
keller williams (3 times)

so many more...but those are the best ones that come to mind right now. by the way, how to you post pics and videos on here? can't seem to figure that out.

Seymour_Glass
08-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Foxboro Hot Tubs.

The Replacements.

Built to Spill.

The Strokes.

The Thermals.

Menomena.

Girls.

And there you have it.

cody44
09-04-2010, 08:39 PM
So as it turned out, I got a chance to see Pavement live outside of Portland. I have to say it was the best concert I have ever been to. I wish I could go Sunday and see them again in Seattle. :clap:

Jon
09-04-2010, 10:30 PM
My favorite was a 16 hour jam with a line up of Metallica, Van Halen, Kingdomcome, Scorpions, Dokken, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Poison, and Ratt.

I remember some of it.

giggler5
10-08-2010, 06:37 AM
went to farm aid in milwaukee last saturday...great time! pretty much paid for the ticket just to see neil young, but there was some good tunes from just about everyone (except kenny chesney. he sucks...i was outside smoking cigs and drinkin beer the whole time he played.) although neil and dave matthews were really good, my favorite set was a band called Band of Horses. blew me away...i've heard one of their albums, and it made me wanna take a nap. live tho...so much energy.

Seymour_Glass
07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
A few weeks ago I saw Fucked Up in DC. It was incredible. I bought a shirt from their frontman before the show, and he is about the nicest guy ever, despite the fact he doesn't like the Clash.

Merlin1958
07-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Old School????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW9VxYXT6k8

Classic Rock........ But "Old School". Still it ROCKS!!!!!!! Empire Records!!!!

Merlin1958
07-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Zep, Since I been lovin' you......................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flcF4vNa61U

Garrell
07-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Good choice

Merlin1958
07-28-2011, 08:17 AM
BOWIE!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYjBQKIOb-w

Merlin1958
07-28-2011, 09:34 AM
The Stones!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kW_Cf9RFVs

Merlin1958
07-28-2011, 07:10 PM
G & R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqTuN-35580

Garrell
07-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Big G N R fan, even have the Rumbo tapes, very early stuff by them.

Merlin1958
07-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Don't get much better.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU8op191lCg

This one is kinda special!!!

Seymour_Glass
07-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Just got back from a show with Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto. Killer stuff.

Merlin1958
08-04-2011, 05:39 PM
The Boys from Liverpool, once again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq1KbYUp8Ac

Respect your Elders!!!! LOL J/K LOL

Garrell
08-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Alter Bridge, 3rd album:)
Creed w/o Scott Stapp and the bs, which means true rock!!!!

http://youtu.be/7332DMP-iUE

Not gonna lie, I still like some of the Creed stuff, but very anti-grunge.

Merlin1958
08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I Shall Be Released..............................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqJJdiG61jo

Merlin1958
08-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Van "Da Man" Morrison.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44wDwMQVqCc

Merlin1958
08-07-2011, 05:39 PM
EC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6IGH53PZ6Y

Garrell
08-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Van "Da Man" Morrison.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44wDwMQVqCc

Love some Van Morrison...

Merlin1958
08-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Maybe Redundant, but a different version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ2fLoxe9iQ

Jon
08-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Dickinson never sees to slow down with his messages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVeA5e5jrA4

Garrell
08-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice stuff....AB again
http://youtu.be/LYGNGCWPre0

Seymour_Glass
08-13-2011, 02:36 PM
I wish this band was still together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBUtkPrANRs