PDA

View Full Version : Things you want to see...

Matt
02-28-2008, 07:18 AM
We all know the battle at Jericho Hill is tops on the list of stuff we want to be a part of but how about the little stuff.

For me, its when Roland actually gets Steven's guns. How that happens and what leads to it.

<--is listening right now to their conversation about Hax in the first book.

Brice
02-28-2008, 07:39 AM
We all know the battle at Jericho Hill is tops on the list of stuff we want to be a part of but how about the little stuff.

For me, its when Roland actually gets Steven's guns. How that happens and what leads to it.

Doesn't Roland get Stephen's guns when he's sent off to Hambry to avoid Marten?

Wuducynn
02-28-2008, 07:40 AM
More Crimson King and Walter. More background of the exact events that caused the fall of Gilead and the Inner Baronies. More mythology...

:harrier:

Matt
02-28-2008, 07:41 AM

I thought those were apprentice guns, I could be way off. But even then, the moment he gave them to him would be nice to see.

Wuducynn
02-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Those were his apprentice guns.

Brice
02-28-2008, 07:45 AM

I thought those were apprentice guns, I could be way off. But even then, the moment he gave them to him would be nice to see.

I'm pretty sure those were Stephen's guns passed on to Roland at that point. I could be wrong I suppose.

Brice
02-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Those were his apprentice guns.

I thought those were shot by Stephen at the whore's place.

Wuducynn
02-28-2008, 07:48 AM
He got another one from the armory...those are one of the little things you have to work with in the series. Plus, Steven was the one doing the shooting, so at that point he couldn't have had them.

jhanic
02-28-2008, 07:49 AM

Those were apprentice guns. I'm currently rereading Wizard and Glass and just last night I read the section in which Jonas discovers the guns in the floor of the place where Roland, Alain and Cuthburt are staying.

John

Wuducynn
02-28-2008, 07:50 AM
Annnnnnnnnd back on topic...I can't wait to see more of what happened to Roland in the Pink Grapefruit..

Matt
02-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Glad we got the guns thing worked out though...I was pretty sure I wasn't crazy.

Not to mention, you would think that was a thing you would take off your father only when he was dead.

Wuducynn
02-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Yeah. I wonder if its passed along with The Jock-Strap of Eld? Or did they not have those things in In-World?

Wuducynn
02-28-2008, 08:02 AM
*ahem*....so....Brice....hi! What would YOU like to see in the upcoming series?

jayson
02-28-2008, 08:05 AM
i'd like to see more of Gilead before the fall. the little we saw in the first arc [mostly with Cort] was very cool and i'd like to see more of it as it was. then i'd like to see just how it fell.

sarah
02-28-2008, 08:07 AM
More Crimson King and Walter. More background of the exact events that caused the fall of Gilead and the Inner Baronies. More mythology...

exactly! We have been teased with the Fall of Gilead and I want the play by play.

Also, I'd like to see more of what Robin Furth has to say.

Brice
02-28-2008, 08:08 AM
*ahem*....so....Brice....hi! What would YOU like to see in the upcoming series?

I haven't really thought about it. I'm kinda' not sure how I feel about anyone except for King doing new DT stories, honestly.

Armand St Pierre
02-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Somehow fill us in on how Roland lost the belt his mother made for him.
King said it was important......sounded like a promise to me....

Storyslinger
02-28-2008, 08:21 AM

Hear, hear!

fernandito
02-28-2008, 08:28 AM
The battle at Jericho Hill - but more specifically

The deaths of Cuthbert and Alain.

Storyslinger
02-28-2008, 08:30 AM
The battle at Jericho Hill - but more specifically

The deaths of Cuthbert and Alain.

And Rolands escape after the battle

blackrose22
02-28-2008, 08:36 AM
A story about Jonas after he was sent west and his travells to other worlds would be cool.

Wuducynn
02-28-2008, 09:06 AM

I forgot about the belt...yeah, I'd like to know what happened with that too. Also the Walking Waters story would be interesting to see...

Storyslinger
02-28-2008, 09:07 AM

I forgot about the belt...yeah, I'd like to know what happened with that too. Also the Walking Waters story would be interesting to see...

Wasn't the belt part of the Little Sisters story

Wuducynn
02-28-2008, 09:09 AM
No, that was mentioned in Wizard and Glass.

Storyslinger
02-28-2008, 09:10 AM
No, that was mentioned in Wizard and Glass.

I know, but
didn't he lose it in LSoE

TerribleT
02-28-2008, 09:27 AM
I'd love to see a lot more of Alain, Bert, and Roland in the time after leaving Mejis.

jayson
02-28-2008, 09:46 AM
I'd love to see a lot more of Alain, Bert, and Roland in the time after leaving Mejis.

well that;s one thing we're guaranteed to get this next arc.

dark_hour
02-28-2008, 11:54 AM
eddie, susannah and jake....
possibly eddie and jake toren and susannah or the tet corporation save roland from the C.K. in the grapefruit (because he apparently forgets everything that happens in there and we'd see the ol tet one more time!) and sublimenally remind him or burn to his memory not to lose the horn?!?!?!

dark_hour
02-28-2008, 11:58 AM
ya'll wanna hit the spoiler bar on this one folks trust me...

The ol tet being responsible for roland picking up the horn at jericho hill and gettin out alive, maybe linking in the vision stephen king had of cuthbert and eddie showin up in his barn when he was young...maybe they ask for help from the young would be writer....in an ideal world id like to see that

MonteGss
02-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I personally don't want to see his second tet at all. I'd love to see more of the CK and perhaps a very, very small bit of backstory on Walter. I, as Matt mentioned, would like to see when Steven handed down the Guns after they returned home from Mejis.

Roland is now wearing the guns which are his birthright, the big ones with the sandalwood grips. His father passed them on at the banquet...p653 W & G

CyberGhostface
02-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I'd like to see more on Walter's past. The Robin Furth backstory would be fine, although actually seeing it in issue form would be better.

More on the Crimson King and what made him change from the huge monster to the old geriatric.

obscurejude
02-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Matt, I'd like to see the gun ceremony too.

CK, the fall of Gilead is at the heart of everything and yet we have almost nothing. That would be very cool to learn more about.

I would personally like to see more about the Old People and the fall of their civilization.

Míchéal
03-06-2008, 09:11 AM
yeah same here, i'd like to be kept away from the new tet as much as possible...

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 09:16 AM
I'd like to see more on Walter's past. The Robin Furth backstory would be fine, although actually seeing it in issue form would be better.

More on the Crimson King and what made him change from the huge monster to the old geriatric.

Or maybe he was still a huge monster, just a weakened, maddened and geriatric one. All evidence points to that.

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I would personally like to see more about the Old People and the fall of their civilization.

Hear! Hear!

LadyHitchhiker
03-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Awwww... Jericho Hill... I wonder if that's what they call the battle on Jericho the show on CBS.

Brainslinger
03-18-2008, 04:11 AM

I don't think so. He might have lost a belt, but not that belt.

It was suggested in Wizard and Glass that it was linked in some way to Roland's final meeting with Rhea.

I have an inclin as to what that might be, hopefully the comics will confirm my suspicions. I'm sure they will.

Storyslinger
03-18-2008, 08:14 AM

I don't think so. He might have lost a belt, but not that belt.

It was suggested in Wizard and Glass that it was linked in some way to Roland's final meeting with Rhea.

I have an inclin as to what that might be, hopefully the comics will confirm my suspicions. I'm sure they will.

Oh, Thanks for answering that.