PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hill, Author

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Joe315
02-09-2017, 10:54 PM
There is one on eBay without the price blacked out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-FIREMAN-Joe-Hill-974-copy-SIGNED-LIMITED-SLIPCASED-HC-fine-UK-IMPORT-PS-PUB-/322417979757?hash=item4b119bf16d:g:j10AAOSwr~lYm~D 1

Cwalker
02-10-2017, 06:56 AM
M

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-FIREMAN-Joe-Hill-974-copy-SIGNED-LIMITED-SLIPCASED-HC-fine-UK-IMPORT-PS-PUB-/322417979757?hash=item4b119bf16d:g:j10AAOSwr~lYm~D 1

In the description though it states that the number (copy) you recieve may not be the one shown in the scan. So even though that one is not marked over, the one you recieve may be.
Many of you know that I do love me some Joe Hill and am trying to build a nice collection, but the more I see this one the less I like it. Blurbs on the front and back aren't needed. It make it look... cheap and desperate. It will probably end up on my shelf someday but only as a result of Completism surpassing Desirability.

Theli
02-10-2017, 07:29 AM
M

In the description though it states that the number (copy) you recieve may not be the one shown in the scan. So even though that one is not marked over, the one you recieve may be.
Many of you know that I do love me some Joe Hill and am trying to build a nice collection, but the more I see this one the less I like it. Blurbs on the front and back aren't needed. It make it look... cheap and desperate. It will probably end up on my shelf someday but only as a result of Completism surpassing Desirability.

It's really sad. This edition is an example of classless book binding.

Brian861
02-10-2017, 01:13 PM
M

I agree, Chris. Not high on the priority list of Hill gets. On another note; I have had good luck purchasing from the seller. Packages well.

surly
02-11-2017, 08:10 AM
is this book literally being judged by its cover?
maybe i'll feel differently when i get my copy, but i don't get all the hate for it. Is there more to it than the dust wrapper?
i might be in the minority, but i quite like the story and enjoyed the whole end of the world on an intimate scale aspect. Also, from what i have seen, it looks like Stoupakis knocked it out of the park on the illustrations - i think they look amazing. And, any shortcomings of the dust wrapper will be discreetly hidden by that killer painting on the slipcase.
I dunno, i'm excited to add this one.

Roseannebarr
02-12-2017, 07:41 AM
maybe i'll feel differently when i get my copy, but i don't get all the hate for it. Is there more to it than the dust wrapper?
i might be in the minority, but i quite like the story and enjoyed the whole end of the world on an intimate scale aspect. Also, from what i have seen, it looks like Stoupakis knocked it out of the park on the illustrations - i think they look amazing. And, any shortcomings of the dust wrapper will be discreetly hidden by that killer painting on the slipcase.

Yes. Cover. Slipcase. Production values. Someone is getting lazy. If you put this with the sk anniversary editions. You would say. Why? Why? Why? The story was quite enjoyable but I have many many signed copies that I. Like way better

jsmcmullen92
02-13-2017, 06:21 AM

Yes. Cover. Slipcase. Production values. Someone is getting lazy. If you put this with the sk anniversary editions. You would say. Why? Why? Why? The story was quite enjoyable but I have many many signed copies that I. Like way better

I think we are judging the limited edition not the story itself. I think we all own a copy of the trade and it is most likely signed. We are discussing paying extra money (quite a bit compared to the signed trade) for the production values offered with this book. If it is anything like other PS books then the Slipcase will be flimsy cardboard, cheaper paper, and smaller than a trade book. Then for this individual book the dust jacket is very unappealing with the NY times quote and pen markings. Honestly the only thing going for this version of the book is the illustrations. If it were up to me I would rather just own a portfolio of the art signed by the artist that I can add with my signed trade book and I now have the best of both worlds, the book itself holds no value to me.

Theli
02-13-2017, 06:53 AM

I think we are judging the limited edition not the story itself. I think we all own a copy of the trade and it is most likely signed. We are discussing paying extra money (quite a bit compared to the signed trade) for the production values offered with this book. If it is anything like other PS books then the Slipcase will be flimsy cardboard, cheaper paper, and smaller than a trade book. Then for this individual book the dust jacket is very unappealing with the NY times quote and pen markings. Honestly the only thing going for this version of the book is the illustrations. If it were up to me I would rather just own a portfolio of the art signed by the artist that I can add with my signed trade book and I now have the best of both worlds, the book itself holds no value to me.

Well said!

Roseannebarr
02-13-2017, 12:44 PM

Well said!

forgot to mention the signed sharpie or marker signature! The signature alone is driving me crazy.

jsmcmullen92
02-13-2017, 12:44 PM

Well said!

forgot to mention the signed sharpie or marker signature! The signature alone is driving me crazy.
I don't actually have a copy so didn't even know that!

Joe315
02-13-2017, 01:41 PM
I actually cancelled my order. I'm sure the book will be nice but I wouldn't have been happy with it.

Stockerlone
02-13-2017, 02:13 PM
The Fireman [hardcover] By Joe Hill [DEFECT]
Stock Status : Out of Stock
£30.00
£70.00

http://pspublishing2.com/the-fireman-hardcover-by-joe-hill-defect-817-p.asp

RC65
02-14-2017, 07:55 AM

I'm in the middle to some degree on this one...I really like the art and the blurbs on the back don't bother me, nor does the Sharpie signature, etc. But it is an awfully busy cover, and, worse, there are some poor typesetting choices on the cover and spine. Why is NUMBER ONE capitalized...some here have mentioned an air of desperation, of oversell, and I think that's true here. Why is "Bestselling" capitalized? It's not part of the "New York Times" name, and if one is capitalizing the first letter of all the words, then why not "novel"...? Why is "WORLD" and "BURN" larger than "THE" and "WILL"...I get that someone's trying to be a little creative, but it's a bit of a dated method to do so...plus the ellipsis points (. . .) just look unprofessional, amateurish. Perhaps worst, and my eyes can't get past it, is on the cover and spine it looks like -- because the font and size are *exactly* the same and far, far too close together (only the color is slightly different) -- it reads THE JOE FIREMAN HILL.

I love Joe Hill's work (though, honestly, I didn't think too much of THE FIREMAN...very disappointed, actually). I collect Joe Hill. But I passed on this one as the Goldsboro signed/numbered UK HC w/ red edgestain (essentially a dolled-up UK trade) with fantastic aftermarket slipcase was bought first, and after seeing the final product of the PS edition I have no desire to replace my UK HC with this one. PS's art aside, even the UK trade HC is a more impressive, pleasing edition than this one costing three times as much. For me, a limited edition at this price point needs to offer production values that exceed every other volume available in order to justify its expense...in this case, however, it falls short in that comparison on just about every level. Really a shame -- and to be fair, not indicative of PS' work across the board...they have, in fact, released some nice-looking books, especially in the last few years, it seems, but do they do falter in some instances, and this is certainly one of them.

surly
02-14-2017, 09:48 AM
got it. perhaps time will be kinder to this one as it looks like there are a few things that im optimistic about (yes, I love that art on this one that much). still looking forward to adding it to the shelves.

Brian861
02-14-2017, 11:55 AM

I'm in the middle to some degree on this one...I really like the art and the blurbs on the back don't bother me, nor does the Sharpie signature, etc. But it is an awfully busy cover, and, worse, there are some poor typesetting choices on the cover and spine. Why is NUMBER ONE capitalized...some here have mentioned an air of desperation, of oversell, and I think that's true here. Why is "Bestselling" capitalized? It's not part of the "New York Times" name, and if one is capitalizing the first letter of all the words, then why not "novel"...? Why is "WORLD" and "BURN" larger than "THE" and "WILL"...I get that someone's trying to be a little creative, but it's a bit of a dated method to do so...plus the ellipsis points (. . .) just look unprofessional, amateurish. Perhaps worst, and my eyes can't get past it, is on the cover and spine it looks like -- because the font and size are *exactly* the same and far, far too close together (only the color is slightly different) -- it reads THE JOE FIREMAN HILL.

I love Joe Hill's work (though, honestly, I didn't think too much of THE FIREMAN...very disappointed, actually). I collect Joe Hill. But I passed on this one as the Goldsboro signed/numbered UK HC w/ red edgestain (essentially a dolled-up UK trade) with fantastic aftermarket slipcase was bought first, and after seeing the final product of the PS edition I have no desire to replace my UK HC with this one. PS's art aside, even the UK trade HC is a more impressive, pleasing edition than this one costing three times as much. For me, a limited edition at this price point needs to offer production values that exceed every other volume available in order to justify its expense...in this case, however, it falls short in that comparison on just about every level. Really a shame -- and to be fair, not indicative of PS' work across the board...they have, in fact, released some nice-looking books, especially in the last few years, it seems, but do they do falter in some instances, and this is certainly one of them.

Great review, Ron. Although I'll end up with it eventually; by no means a priority and I feel they can be picked up aftermarket on the cheap later on.

swintek
02-14-2017, 01:00 PM

...as the Goldsboro signed/numbered UK HC w/ red edgestain (essentially a dolled-up UK trade) with fantastic aftermarket slipcase..

Love the Goldsboro as well, but stupidly missed out on the slipcase- if anyone happens to have an extra...

Ron

jsmcmullen92
02-14-2017, 01:27 PM

...as the Goldsboro signed/numbered UK HC w/ red edgestain (essentially a dolled-up UK trade) with fantastic aftermarket slipcase..

Love the Goldsboro as well, but stupidly missed out on the slipcase- if anyone happens to have an extra...

Ron

You can get it from Jeff. He still makes them, just email him HERE (jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com)

swintek
02-14-2017, 01:31 PM

Ron

You can get it from Jeff. He still makes them, just email him HERE (jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com)

Thanks, but I did contact Jeff a couple of months ago and he said he was out with no real plans on making any more. He said he'd keep my info in case he got enough requests to make more, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope..

jsmcmullen92
02-14-2017, 01:33 PM
Interesting. Didn't know that. Probably due to it being a 2 color. It's a very difficult process for 2 colors. I would be interested in one for my Goldsboro but I was waiting until the IT case was finalized by Simon. Maybe if we both ask he will who knows

RC65
02-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Yes, just to confirm: The aftermarket slipcase that I mention I purchased was indeed the one from Jeff. Absolutely first rate work…it's my first slipcase from him, but seeing the quality I received, I doubt it will be my last.

swintek
02-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Interesting. Didn't know that. Probably due to it being a 2 color. It's a very difficult process for 2 colors. I would be interested in one for my Goldsboro but I was waiting until the IT case was finalized by Simon. Maybe if we both ask he will who knows

Yes, if anyone else out there is interested, please do email Jeff. Maybe we can goose him into another run...

Brian861
02-14-2017, 04:56 PM
Does anyone have a photo of the copyright page for the chapbook Better Than Home? Thanks!

dnemec
02-14-2017, 05:47 PM
Does anyone have a photo of the copyright page for the chapbook Better Than Home? Thanks!

Are you talking to that guy on eBay...? I emailed back and forth with him yesterday and I still have no idea if he has a 1st or 2nd printing. So I bought something a little bigger from him instead... :excited:

Anyway, if you want the 2nd printing, I can get that pic for you.

mikeC
02-15-2017, 09:09 AM
It looks like the Darkside comic collection has been postponed till March.

RC65
02-15-2017, 02:51 PM

Sorry this is so poor...my iPhone is out of charge, as is my Canon camera, so I had to use the built-in webcam in my computer. I've always assumed this is a 1st as it doesn't otherwise indicate it is not or that it is (or there exists) a subsequent printing(s).

https://s9.postimg.org/i05infwfj/hillcopyright.jpg

dnemec
02-15-2017, 03:11 PM

Sorry this is so poor...my iPhone is out of charge, as is my Canon camera, so I had to use the built-in webcam in my computer. I've always assumed this is a 1st as it doesn't otherwise indicate it is not or that it is (or there exists) a subsequent printing(s).

My looks similar, but says Second Printing (with 2007 in there somewhere) below the copyright at the top. I assume yours is a 1st printing.

Brian861
02-15-2017, 05:51 PM

Are you talking to that guy on eBay...? I emailed back and forth with him yesterday and I still have no idea if he has a 1st or 2nd printing. So I bought something a little bigger from him instead... :excited:

Yes I was, Dez. A photo of the 2nd printing would be great to have for comparison. You must have made a backdoor deal with him because I didn't see anything else listed that was bigger :evil: Reckon we'll find out when ya post! :)

Brian861
02-15-2017, 05:52 PM

Thanks, Ron!

dnemec
02-15-2017, 07:33 PM

Yes I was, Dez. A photo of the 2nd printing would be great to have for comparison. You must have made a backdoor deal with him because I didn't see anything else listed that was bigger :evil: Reckon we'll find out when ya post! :)

It's bigger, just King not Hill. I'll post you a pic tomorrow, my dear.

Brian861
02-15-2017, 10:24 PM

It's bigger, just King not Hill. I'll post you a pic tomorrow, my dear.

:thumbsup:

dnemec
02-16-2017, 06:11 AM

Here is the 2nd printing, Brian.

And I never go through the backdoor... :innocent:

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/jh%20-%20better.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/jh%20-%20better.jpg.html)

Brian861
02-16-2017, 07:24 AM
:o Thanks, Dez!

RC65
02-16-2017, 08:12 AM
Thanks, Ron!

You bet, Brian -- glad Dez and I could help.

Theli
02-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Well looks like the copy sold, hope someone here got it!

Brian861
02-16-2017, 11:56 AM
Well looks like the copy sold, hope someone here got it!

Wasn't me :cry:

RC65
02-16-2017, 03:38 PM
If this is the one we're talkinga about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-HILL-039-BETTER-THAN-HOME-039-SIGNED-CHAPBOOK-RARE-/112302346532?hash=item1a25bdd124%3Ag%3ADsIAAOSwax5 Yocdh&nma=true&si=hKruEGYlIh%252FQiR32wa%252BaHDrxbg4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

...I find the signature a little worrisome. I don't think Joe's signature is -- by any stretch of the imagination -- rare enough that people are faking his sig, and the one on this item does look legit...but Joe made it abundantly clear to me when I had him sign this in person that he prefers to sign this one on the cover (for whatever reason), as the below photo attests. The only signed copy on ABE is also signed on the cover.

https://s17.postimg.org/qgsuvuh7z/hill_sig.jpg

Now maybe that's not as hard and fast a rule as he led me to believe, or maybe owner of the eBay copy insisted he sign on that page...but, still, it is curious.

dnemec
02-16-2017, 04:00 PM
Ya know, I always assume a Hill signature is real. But you're right - every signed copy I've seen of Better Than Home was signed on the front. And his "J"s are usually rounded... However after looking at all my Hill signatures (and not surprisingly, I have a bunch), it does look like 1 in my collection, but only 1. My copy of Voluntary Committal has a similar signature, which is definitely real.

Did someone here get it? I tapped out and instead bought an SK S/L.

swintek
02-16-2017, 04:12 PM
That is some good info right there, guys. I had no idea. Ive got one, but unsigned as I bought it right from the publisher all those years ago. Thanks!

Roseannebarr
02-16-2017, 04:49 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-HILL-039-BETTER-THAN-HOME-039-SIGNED-CHAPBOOK-RARE-/112302346532?hash=item1a25bdd124%3Ag%3ADsIAAOSwax5 Yocdh&nma=true&si=hKruEGYlIh%252FQiR32wa%252BaHDrxbg4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

...I find the signature a little worrisome. I don't think Joe's signature is -- by any stretch of the imagination -- rare enough that people are faking his sig, and the one on this item does look legit...but Joe made it abundantly clear to me when I had him sign this in person that he prefers to sign this one on the cover (for whatever reason), as the below photo attests. The only signed copy on ABE is also signed on the cover.

Now maybe that's not as hard and fast a rule as he led me to believe, or maybe owner of the eBay copy insisted he sign on that page...but, still, it is curious.

Mine is signed inside

Brian861
02-16-2017, 05:20 PM

Yea that's the one I was looking at, Ron. Sig seemed a little off to me as well. I threw a few bids at it but didn't go for the gold by any means. Matter of fact, I lost on every Hill item that guy had up for bid. Plus the signed Cell by SK. I really like the sig and doodle on the ABE copy!

Beverly Marsh
02-17-2017, 05:59 AM
Skelton Crew will be doing a Christmasland Key! Gonna look pretty with the mug :)

I don't collect the Locke and Key ones as there are waaaay too many but I do have a couple and will definitely be getting this.

Per The Fireman from PS, I also don't like the blurb on the front and the price is blacked out. It's your typical PS edition(which I do get all of the SK ones)but I don't hate it and I certainly love the artwork.

MarcoL
02-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Ya know, I always assume a Hill signature is real. But you're right - every signed copy I've seen of Better Than Home was signed on the front. And his "J"s are usually rounded... However after looking at all my Hill signatures (and not surprisingly, I have a bunch), it does look like 1 in my collection, but only 1. My copy of Voluntary Committal has a similar signature, which is definitely real.

The same seller offered a copy of the Voluntary Committal chapbook and I placed the winning bid. I'd appreciate a picture of the signature page of your copy for comparison. There are fake copies of this chapbook out there and I decided to take the chance with this one :)

CyberGhostface
02-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Kind of agree concerning the comments on the Fireman cover. I could understand stuff like that on a mass market edition but "#1 bestseller" and the review quotes are really unnecessary for something that is mainly geared towards hardcore fans and collectors.

Brian861
02-17-2017, 11:45 AM

The same seller offered a copy of the Voluntary Committal chapbook and I placed the winning bid. I'd appreciate a picture of the signature page of your copy for comparison. There are fake copies of this chapbook out there and I decided to take the chance with this one :)

So you're the one who nabbed it from me, Marco! Congrats! :)

dnemec
02-17-2017, 11:51 AM

I didn't check out his copy of Voluntary Committal as I already had it. Here is my signature page:

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/dez%20books/jh%20-%20Voluntary%20Commital%20-%20sig.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/dez%20books/jh%20-%20Voluntary%20Commital%20-%20sig.jpg.html)

EDIT: That signature looks very similar to mine.

MarcoL
02-18-2017, 04:40 AM

I didn't check out his copy of Voluntary Committal as I already had it. Here is my signature page:

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/dez%20books/jh%20-%20Voluntary%20Commital%20-%20sig.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/dez%20books/jh%20-%20Voluntary%20Commital%20-%20sig.jpg.html)

EDIT: That signature looks very similar to mine.

Thanks a bunch! By the looks of it I've scored a genuine copy.

MarcoL
02-18-2017, 04:40 AM

So you're the one who nabbed it from me, Marco! Congrats! :)

Cheers Brian!

MarcoL
02-18-2017, 04:54 AM
Also (consider this rumor mill worthy) I learned that Strange Weather: Four Short Novels (ISBN 978-0062663115) is scheduled for October 17....if the pattern of Joe Hill limited editions is followed, it's Subterranean Press' turn for a limited edition (but this is only speculation)

Apparently we can expect Strange Weather in October (US 10/17 & UK 10/19)

This will be an award-nominated collection of award-nominated novellas:
'Snapshot, 1988' (the only title in the collection which will be previously published) , tells the story of an adolescent in Silicon Valley who finds himself threatened by The Phoenician, a tattooed thug who possesses a Polaroid Instant Camera that swipes memories. The audio edition will be read by Wil Wheaton.
In 'Aloft' a young man takes to the skies to experience parachuting for the first time . . . and winds up a castaway on an impossibly solid cloud, a Prospero's island of roiling vapour that seems animated by a mind of its own. The audio edition will be read by Joe Hill.
One autumnal day in Boulder, Colorado, the clouds open up in a downpour of nails, splinters of bright crystal that tear apart anyone who isn't safely under cover. 'Hard Rain Gonna Fall' explores this escalating apocalyptic event, as clouds of nails spread out across the country and the world. Amidst the chaos, a girl studying law enforcement takes it upon herself to resolve a series of almost trivial mysteries . . . apparently harmless puzzles that turn out to have lethal answers. The audio edition will be read by Kate Mulgrew.
Finally, in 'Loaded' a mall security guard heroically stops a mass shooting and becomes a hero to the modern gun movement. Under the hot glare of the spotlights, though, his story begins to unravel, taking his sanity with it. As a storm of locusts bears down upon his small mid-western town, he reaches for the gun again, and sets out upon a last day of reckoning. The audio edition will be read by Stephen Lang.
Beautifully written, they'll form a stand-out collection as well as a great stand-alone stories with appeal for the mainstream as well as the genre reader, and will keep Joe's sales as well as critical profile high between novels.

ISBN UK hardcover 9781473221178
ISBN UK paperback 9781473221185
ISBN US hardcover 9780062663115
ISBN US largeprint paperback 9780062688095

Brian861
02-19-2017, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the info, Marco! I wonder how many copies I can amass of this :lol:

zelig
02-19-2017, 07:46 AM

I know how many I will be getting this time around.

ONE!

Brian861
02-19-2017, 10:47 AM

I know how many I will be getting this time around.

ONE!

Sure, Paul! You say that now :evil:

zelig
02-19-2017, 11:23 AM
I'm committed to standing strong on this one! :smile:

MarcoL
02-19-2017, 12:47 PM

But in the end 'collectoritis' will get the better of you and you'll end up with more than one copy for sure....just wait and see :P

Brian861
02-21-2017, 09:08 AM

That's it! Stand strong, my friend!

Room 217 Caretaker
02-21-2017, 12:22 PM

I have a First Printing that Joe signed on the inside and a second printing he signed on the cover with the baseball.

Mulleins

Lookwhoitis
02-22-2017, 08:16 PM
did anyone receive # 171 of the S/N LE of the Fireman?

I ordered my copy through Camelot books and my number was not matched even though they asked for it from PS Publishing.

Very disappointed as I have multiple other Joe Hill books including both editions of 20th Century Ghosts in 171 :(

mikeC
02-24-2017, 06:43 AM
Does anyone buy those keys? What do you do with them? I thought it would be cooler as necklaces or something, I got my wife the earrings and they are awesome wish they did more of that type stuff.

wolfehr
02-24-2017, 07:18 AM
I've been collecting the keys, but right now I'm just storing them away. I'm planning to get some sort of display case made at some point. Haven't gotten around to it yet though.

I think Dolso might have made a custom case for the keys at some point in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELazansky
02-24-2017, 07:30 AM
Does anyone buy those keys? What do you do with them? I thought it would be cooler as necklaces or something, I got my wife the earrings and they are awesome wish they did more of that type stuff.

I bought the first 15 or so. Since the series is done, new keys just don't interest me any longer. They're sitting in a box collecting dust.

Brian861
02-27-2017, 09:29 PM
Does Joe allow books to be sent to him for inscriptions?

Kingfan24
02-28-2017, 05:15 AM

I don't think so.

Beverly Marsh
02-28-2017, 06:13 AM

I haven't heard that he does. You could contact Water Street and double check but I'm guessing he only signs the ones they have available. If you find out differently please let us know!

Brian861
02-28-2017, 09:55 AM

I haven't heard that he does. You could contact Water Street and double check but I'm guessing he only signs the ones they have available. If you find out differently please let us know!

Not a bad idea.

Bev Vincent
03-06-2017, 07:18 AM
Joe's story "Last Breath" will be in The Best of Subterranean (http://subterraneanpress.com/best-of-subterranean)

becca69
03-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Joe's story "Last Breath" will be in The Best of Subterranean (http://subterraneanpress.com/best-of-subterranean)

http://subterraneanpress.com/best-of-subterranean

MarcoL
03-23-2017, 11:14 PM
Knew for a long time this was coming and now it's finally available to pre-order :rock:. Only 500 signed copies so act fast
https://www.borderlandspress.com/shop/coming-soon/a-little-silver-book-of-sharp-shiny-slivers-by-joe-hill-signed-limited-edition/

MarcoL
03-23-2017, 11:15 PM
also, for those interested in the gorgeous artwork David Stoupakis did for the PS Publishing edition of The Fireman
http://davidstoupakis.bigcartel.com/

dnemec
03-24-2017, 04:33 AM
also, for those interested in the gorgeous artwork David Stoupakis did for the PS Publishing edition of The Fireman

If only I could decide which to get. Thanks for the info, Marco!

zelig
03-24-2017, 04:49 AM
That's easy. Get you favorite ten.

herbertwest
03-24-2017, 05:14 AM
French cover for THE FIREMAN, to be released in a couple of months

http://club-stephenking.fr/img/NEWS/mars/2017/sorties/joe-hill-l-homme-feu--jclattes.jpg

Beverly Marsh
03-24-2017, 06:42 AM
Knew for a long time this was coming and now it's finally available to pre-order :rock:. Only 500 signed copies so act fast
https://www.borderlandspress.com/shop/coming-soon/a-little-silver-book-of-sharp-shiny-slivers-by-joe-hill-signed-limited-edition/

Very cool! Thanks for the info!

mikeC
03-24-2017, 08:21 AM

Those are cheap, I'd like to know what kind of paper and process before buying though.

mikeC
03-24-2017, 08:22 AM

Hmm, no info on page count or how many stories before I throw them my money?

wolfehr
03-24-2017, 08:51 AM
The other titles in the series have been about 125 pages (+/- 15 pages). They're small though and text is approximately "normal" size. Phone is an iPhone 6 for size comparison.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170324/122ff03e1c7f14a5cc7513ef3a4a5f12.jpg

Brian861
03-24-2017, 06:38 PM
French cover for THE FIREMAN, to be released in a couple of months

http://club-stephenking.fr/img/NEWS/mars/2017/sorties/joe-hill-l-homme-feu--jclattes.jpg

Really like that cover.

dnemec
03-24-2017, 07:22 PM

Not helping, Paul! :P

Patrick
03-24-2017, 07:54 PM

Hmm, no info on page count or how many stories before I throw them my money?

It's only $30 for a new signed/limited Joe Hill book. I wouldn't expect much, but for the price, I'd be happy with whatever I received.

zelig
03-24-2017, 08:37 PM

Come on... I could have said get your favorite 15. :-p

Brian861
03-25-2017, 03:04 AM

Nothing wrong with overachieving, Dez :)

F1racefan
03-25-2017, 06:17 AM
Borderlands has sold out, but they have copies at Cemetery Dance. I grabbed one.:clap:

Cwalker
03-25-2017, 06:56 AM

Proper Queens never vacillate. They make a decision and stick to it, right or wrong. Order them all and then dare anyone to say it was the wrong choice. Simple.

All Hail The Queen!
:)

DoctorZaius
03-25-2017, 07:11 AM
Borderlands has sold out, but they have copies at Cemetery Dance. I grabbed one.:clap:

I don't see it as sold out on the Borderlands website?

wolfehr
03-25-2017, 07:13 AM

I checked like a half hour ago and it said no longer available for per-order.

I've been collecting this series though so pre-ordered the other day as soon as it became available so I can continue to match my number.

Dan
03-25-2017, 07:16 AM
I started this series with CD with the knowledge that Joe Hill would have a book in the series. So far I have spent over $400 for the series. I ask myself, would I have paid over $400 for an anthology of these books signed by same authors. The answer is, probably not. I should have only purchased the Joe Hill book. Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

wolfehr
03-25-2017, 07:20 AM
I've kind of been thinking the same thing Dan. They do look really cute on my shelf though :)

DoctorZaius
03-25-2017, 08:15 AM

I've been collecting this series though so pre-ordered the other day as soon as it became available so I can continue to match my number.

I just checked again this minute, and it's still available for pre-order.

wolfehr
03-25-2017, 08:16 AM

I just checked again this minute, and it's still available for pre-order.

It now says available for preorder again for me too. (shrug)

Tommy
03-25-2017, 08:21 AM
Looks like CD has sold all their copies.

wolfehr
03-25-2017, 10:36 AM
Just got this email from borderlands press...

A Little Silver Book of Sharp Shiny Slivers
by Joe Hill
Is Almost SOLD OUT!

If you have been a subscriber to the entire Little Book Series, it is VERY important that you visit our website and PRE-ORDER your copy of this title to ensure we get you your matching number.

We have set aside enough to cover our subscribers but we want to be sure you get your copy.

When the unmatched (non subscriber) copies are sold out, we will have 41 copies still remaining that belong to matched sets.

At that point. If anyone wishes to have a copy of the Joe Hill title, they will need to purchase an entire matching set of 15 Little Books
($450.00 @ $30 ea.)

(you can email us to set up a payment plan if necessary)

F1racefan
03-26-2017, 07:43 AM

That is weird as it stated "not accepting pre-orders" when I looked. they must have found more books or something.:orely:

wolfehr
03-26-2017, 07:48 AM

That is weird as it stated "not accepting pre-orders" when I looked. they must have found more books or something.:orely:

Based on the email I got, I'm guessing orders were coming in very fast so they temporarily paused accepting orders to count their stock to make sure they had copies reserved for people collecting the series and the complete sets.

wolfehr
03-26-2017, 08:19 AM
There's a Locke & Key limited edition canvas print that's signed by Gabriel Rodriguez up for sale. Only 30 copies for $100 so might go quickly.

The text below says 40, but elsewhere I read 30 and the picture also shows ?/30.

https://t.co/OSbhTFalsR

Fresh off the release of the new “Locke & Key: Small World” one shot comes our VERY FIRST, SPECIAL EDITION “Locke & Key” Limited Canvas Print. With art by series artist/co-creator Gabriel Rodriguez, this signed and numbered canvas features all 3 covers of our Master Edition hardcovers in one glorious presentation, signed by Rodriguez. Limited to ONLY 40 prints, this will move fast so buy yours now before it sells out!

Kingfan24
03-26-2017, 08:19 AM
I started this series with CD with the knowledge that Joe Hill would have a book in the series. So far I have spent over $400 for the series. I ask myself, would I have paid over $400 for an anthology of these books signed by same authors. The answer is, probably not. I should have only purchased the Joe Hill book. Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

If you look at the series one you literally cannot find all the books in a matching set unless you want to pay over 1000 bucks. I think they will only increase in value.

cit74
03-26-2017, 08:53 AM
Apparently borderlands did hold back about 40 copies of the Hill limited (I'd have to find the original email) and these will only be sold as part of a complete set - of the second series - all matching numbers. I know I saw this somewhere - but cannot find it anywhere on the borderlands website. I actually bought the first series at a Camelot sale years ago - and have a matching number set of all of the books to date - they look nice on the shelf (and fit in smaller spaces)

wolfehr
03-26-2017, 08:56 AM
Apparently borderlands did hold back about 40 copies of the Hill limited (I'd have to find the original email) and these will only be sold as part of a complete set - of the second series - all matching numbers. I know I saw this somewhere - but cannot find it anywhere on the borderlands website. I actually bought the first series at a Camelot sale years ago - and have a matching number set of all of the books to date - they look nice on the shelf (and fit in smaller spaces)

I also got the email and shared it a few posts up.

Br!an
03-26-2017, 09:49 AM

I saw it too. 15 titles @ $30 ea = $450 for the set.

cit74
03-26-2017, 12:44 PM

Haha missed that

wolfehr
03-26-2017, 12:45 PM

Haha missed that

:)

Lookwhoitis
03-26-2017, 04:40 PM
is it sold out everywhere?

who has any left?

swintek
03-27-2017, 12:01 PM
I don't understand how BP has handled JH's Little Book. At all. It's weird. While I don't buy every title, I've been buying them here and there for probably over a decade now. Never got an email on this, and upon inquiring if there were any way to purchase it now was told (like above) that the only way to get the book would be to buy the whole set. No thanks. Weird.

wolfehr
03-27-2017, 12:10 PM
I don't understand how BP has handled JH's Little Book. At all. It's weird. While I don't buy every title, I've been buying them here and there for probably over a decade now. Never got an email on this, and upon inquiring if there were any way to purchase it now was told (like above) that the only way to get the book would be to buy the whole set. No thanks. Weird.

I've found the marketing and product announcements to be somewhat lacking. I've been collecting this series directly from BP, but the only notice I got from them was the email that they're running low on stock. I was actually on their website the night before I heard about it here and it wasn't listed in the little books series II section (shrug). In the past I've stumbled across a new one by checking the website, then get an email announcement a few weeks later. Of course most of them don't sell out anywhere near as fast as the Joe Hill one.

Tommy
03-27-2017, 12:23 PM
I believe they oversold and now have a mess to deal with, some folks that have been ordering from CD got shafted as well. Probably because some collectors that never bought any of these before decided to snag copies before the collectors that have been collecting them from the first book in the series had their chance to buy. I'm, willing to bet multiple collectors shared the link and also probably bought multiple copies, screwing everything up for the publishers involved and the loyal customers of the series. I agree it should have been handled differently. If King had been announced as one of the authors, things would most definitely have to have been handled differently.

Kingfan24
03-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Tommy - anyone who has ordered the whole series is fine. I called and verified that. If you haven't ordered the whole series I don't know why some people fee they were entitled to one.

Tommy
03-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Tommy - anyone who has ordered the whole series is fine. I called and verified that. If you haven't ordered the whole series I don't know why some people fee they were entitled to one.

I know of at least one collector on the CD forum that missed their opportunity and had ordered the same number from the beginning.

swintek
03-27-2017, 12:30 PM
I didn't get a notice from CD either. Must of been for the Collector Club? Not a member this year, but I DID buy the last Little Book through them.. Just strikes me odd that being on BOTH mailing lists forever and purchasing the series through both companies, variously- that I don't get a hint of it until I find out here that it's all gone? Hell I bought Gaiman's Little Book through BP and believe I took a few days to get around to ordering it from them. Oh well.

Brian James Freeman
03-27-2017, 12:33 PM
I didn't get a notice from CD either. Must of been for the Collector Club? Not a member this year, but I DID buy the last Little Book through them.. Just strikes me odd that being on BOTH mailing lists forever and purchasing the series through both companies, variously- that I don't get a hint of it until I find out here that it's all gone? Hell I bought Gaiman's Little Book through BP and believe I took a few days to get around to ordering it from them. Oh well.

Those who ordered the Little Bronze Book from us were notified via email. It was sent on 03/24/2017 with the subject line: "New Book In A Series You Might Collect!" Not that it does you a whole lot of good now, even if it turns up!

This book was a serious mess for us and we're not real happy with how things turned out. All I can say is, we're getting less copies of this title than we were promised, which is VERY disappointing, especially considering the lengths we went to selling MANY MANY copies of some of the books by "not as famous" authors in the series.

Brian

Tommy
03-27-2017, 12:36 PM
I apologize for saying anything about this, it really is none of my business. I was fortunate enough to get my matching number (I think) so I should just shut up about it.

swintek
03-27-2017, 12:37 PM

Those who ordered the Little Bronze Book from us were notified via email. It was sent on 03/24/2017 with the subject line: "New Book In A Series You Might Collect!"

Brian

Thanks, Brian. Actually, the last one I got through CD was the Garton- which would not qualify as the latest one, I guess. It's cool.

swintek
03-27-2017, 12:38 PM
I apologize for saying anything about this, it really is none of my business. I was fortunate enough to get my matching number (I think) so I should just shut up about it.

Why would you feel that way? This is a forum for opinion and information. Opine (and, indeed, inform) away!

Tommy
03-27-2017, 12:42 PM

Why would you feel that way? This is a forum for opinion and information. Opine (and, indeed, inform) away!

Thanks for that! I just thought it sounded like I was bitching about something that hasn't negatively affected me. I feel badly for any collector that it has affected negatively though.

Brian James Freeman
03-27-2017, 12:49 PM

Naw, it's a public situation, unfortunately, and everyone is free to chime in. It's a real f---ing mess for the retailers, you can be sure of that!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-27-2017, 12:52 PM

Thanks for that! I just thought it sounded like I was bitching about something that hasn't negatively affected me. I feel badly for any collector that it has affected negatively though.

I bitch on behalf of collectors ALL THE TIME when I'm not personally affected, ha! There are a lot of really great collectors and SUPER nice people who are getting shafted in this situation. No one is happy about how it has played out. I spent much of my weekend dealing with it, trying to find ways to fix it for everyone (including the publisher), and I am not happy at all with how this turned out.

Brian

Tommy
03-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Best I could do is give you some positive rep Brian. I can only imagine what a pain this has been.

F1racefan
03-27-2017, 01:25 PM
I just got my notice that my order was cancelled:cry: I understand what happened but it still sucks!

Brian James Freeman
03-27-2017, 01:36 PM
I just got my notice that my order was cancelled:cry: I understand what happened but it still sucks!

I've been using more harsh words than "sucks," that's for sure. This is an unfortunate mess.

Brian

Kingfan24
03-27-2017, 01:53 PM

I know of at least one collector on the CD forum that missed their opportunity and had ordered the same number from the beginning.

That's simply not true I called yesterday and although they may not have been able to pre-order it they will get an invoice when it is ready

Tommy
03-27-2017, 02:27 PM

That's simply not true I called yesterday and although they may not have been able to pre-order it they will get an invoice when it is ready

CD or Borderlands?

Stockerlone
03-29-2017, 02:03 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51IypCY-G1L._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

09 Mai 2017

Brian861
03-29-2017, 07:51 AM
Will be interesting to see the asking price on the little book once it hits the aftermarket.

swintek
03-29-2017, 09:37 AM
Will be interesting to see the asking price on the little book once it hits the aftermarket.

If it's more than $50 (and, we all know that it will be), I will not play that game. My shelves will be just fine without it.

WeDealInLead
03-29-2017, 11:40 AM
Aren't those books usually previously published stories, excerpts, interviews and such?

Brian861
03-29-2017, 11:47 AM
Aren't those books usually previously published stories, excerpts, interviews and such?

That would be good info to have as well. Me personally, I'd only be interested in original work or it if contained some previously unpublished material.

Brian James Freeman
03-29-2017, 11:53 AM

Joe described the book to me as: "A collection of introductions and little essays and reviews."

Brian

Br!an
03-29-2017, 02:47 PM
It was certainly worth $30. I'm not certain that it is indispensable.

Bev Vincent
03-31-2017, 10:12 AM
From Cemetery Dance: We’ll also be publishing a signed Limited Edition of STRANGE WEATHER by Joe Hill. This brand new novella collection from one of the finest young authors working in horror today will feature full-color artwork from four different artists handpicked by Joe and will be published in a unique format that will make STRANGE WEATHER one of Joe’s most collectible special editions ever.

racerx45
03-31-2017, 10:24 AM
From Cemetery Dance: We’ll also be publishing a signed Limited Edition of STRANGE WEATHER by Joe Hill. This brand new novella collection from one of the finest young authors working in horror today will feature full-color artwork from four different artists handpicked by Joe and will be published in a unique format that will make STRANGE WEATHER one of Joe’s most collectible special editions ever.

Looking forward to this.

MarcoL
03-31-2017, 11:17 AM

Looking forward to this.

So I was wrong assuming either Subterranean or PS would publish the limited of Strange Weather :redface:
Nevertheless, very excited CD is going to publish it!

dnemec
04-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Anyone here who collects the Locke & Key keys have a cool way to display them? I just picked up a couple more...

ELazansky
04-03-2017, 01:58 PM
Anyone here who collects the Locke & Key keys have a cool way to display them? I just picked up a couple more...

All of my keys are just sitting in there a little velvet bags in a box somewhere. I was thinking of actually making a display board with some nails to hang the keys from. Just never got around to starting that project.

surly
04-04-2017, 01:48 PM
I like the keys and have quite a few of them, but have not come up with a fun display yet. I saw someone once (instagram perhaps) who had made a fake book with a pasted on LOCKE & KEY cover. When you open the book, it was hollow inside and the key was displayed like in a shadow box. That way you can put it on your shelf like a book and then open it to view when you want to see it. I wish I had a pic, but it was pretty cool. Looked like you would need some skills to make the book, of which I have none. Plus, you would need a lot of 'books' if you had multiple keys.
Ideally I'm looking for something that you could display multiple keys all together. I like the display board idea - if you did something like that, would you keep the tags on or take them off and keep them separate? I certainly like the tags, as many are signed, but I imagine it would look kinda messy with a bunch of tags hanging with the keys.

wolfehr
04-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Joe Hill re-Tumblr'd (no idea what the right word is) someone who made shadow box things for the keys. I have no idea how or where they got they made, but I wish they were for sale.

http://joehillsthrills.tumblr.com/post/142068656067/bencrsk-finaly-all-my-locke-key-keys-stored

surly
04-04-2017, 02:02 PM
I don't think that is the one I saw, but those are damn cool. I would totally get those if they were for sale.

dnemec
04-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Those are cool! I was just looking for some type of display case. A shadow box and some well-placed pins could work, but then you have the tags... I need to go to Hobby Lobby and think about this.

MarcoL
04-04-2017, 11:01 PM
Joe Hill re-Tumblr'd (no idea what the right word is) someone who made shadow box things for the keys. I have no idea how or where they got they made, but I wish they were for sale.

http://joehillsthrills.tumblr.com/post/142068656067/bencrsk-finaly-all-my-locke-key-keys-stored

These are acrylic display boxes and can be ordered online :)
https://shop.faberplast.eu/en/plexiglas-counter-top-display/505-acrylic-display-box-framebox.html#/medida_caja-11_x_11_x_2_cm_black

They come in different sizes and colors and the only 'problem' is that you have to buy 100 of them if you purchase directly from the manufacturer. I'm sure that if you do some digging on the internet you'll find stores that sell them per piece or in smaller quantities. I've been on the fence myself about purchasing these for my keys, one of the cons is that it'll take quite a lot of shelf space to display them. One of the pros is that you can admire a key in all it's glory and that's really nice if you include the tags in the frame so you can see the signatures on the back as well.

jcmanske
04-06-2017, 01:41 PM

Those are cool! I was just looking for some type of display case. A shadow box and some well-placed pins could work, but then you have the tags... I need to go to Hobby Lobby and think about this.

I too have a collection of Locke & Key keys and have struggled with a way to display them. While I love the fiberglass display boxes with the cool art, I purchased a 21" tall x 17" wide frame from Hobby Lobby sold with soft batting and it is perfect for the keys. A picture is below and here's the link: http://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Frames-Photo-Albums/Shadow-Boxes-Display-Cases/Shallow-Front-Load-Display-Case/p/FR15049

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/861/medium/IMG_9401.JPG?9870

dnemec
04-09-2017, 05:46 AM
Skelton Crew has the new Joe Hill key up for preorder HERE (http://skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/product/the-joe-hill-collection-key-to-the-candy-cane-gates-signed-pre-order). I know a few of you mentioned ordering it for your NOS4A2 collection, and all preorders will be signed. Enjoy!

http://images.bigcartel.com/product_images/195653545/Candy_Cane_in_snow.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&w=1000

Cwalker
04-09-2017, 06:57 AM
Story of my life Dez... always an hour behind you, even if we are in the same time zone! Order placed. :)

ELazansky
04-09-2017, 07:29 AM
I'm done with the keys...the point of the keys was that they tied to the Locke and Key series. I don't want a NOS4A2 key. Now it is just a money grab...

asted2113
04-09-2017, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know how many total keys there are?
Is there a list somewhere?

Cwalker
04-09-2017, 08:37 AM
I really like the idea of the keys but found them waaaay to late to make it worth collecting them from the Locke & Key aspect, but the NOS4A2 key will go nicely with the coffee mug they offered awhile ago. I think one-off items from his other writings I could probably keep up with.

dnemec
04-09-2017, 08:50 AM
I feel the same way. I don't have any desire to try to find all these keys (and despite the suggestions, I still have no idea how I'm going to display them), but I like the idea of the Christmasland one. Perhaps it can be used as the stirrer for my Christmasland mug...

Lurker
04-09-2017, 01:43 PM
I don't collect keys or Joe Hill really, so I don't know how big the keys are, but these frames might work for showing a few at a time. At least they aren't sold in lots of 100...

Nimbus Frames (https://paloalbums.com/collections/nimbus?utm_source=Palo+Albums+Newsletter&utm_campaign=677e506dd5-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_04_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c2f308d00b-677e506dd5-141282633&mc_cid=677e506dd5&mc_eid=66a1e5327f)

wolfehr
04-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Voluntary Committal S/L 149/250

$150 with a little over an hour to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252837725426

cit74
04-09-2017, 04:07 PM

That copy is pretty beat up...

sgc1999
04-10-2017, 03:28 PM

why is it back up for sale. accidental double listing? just checking.

wolfehr
04-10-2017, 03:29 PM
I think it ended with no bids?

cit74
04-11-2017, 05:50 AM
Heaven & Earth - a collection of Locke and key one shots will be out mid August:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1684051819/ref=cm_wl_huc_continue

Lookwhoitis
04-11-2017, 05:39 PM

That is a pretty dogged out looking copy for $150

also every time i try and link to an ebay link from this page it send me to some site called viglink.com :unsure:

wolfehr
04-11-2017, 05:52 PM

That is a pretty dogged out looking copy for $150

also every time i try and link to an ebay link from this page it send me to some site called viglink.com :unsure:

I paid $150 for my copy and it's only problem is some minor shelf wear. Agree it's expensive given the condition.

There's some talk of the vigilink stuff in one of the HF threads; I think the Palladini one. If I recall correctly there was a suggestion to logout, clear your cache and cookies, and then log back in.

Brian861
04-11-2017, 06:38 PM
For Sale:

Both cover variants of 20th Century Ghosts 10th Anniversary PS editions slipcased. F/F/F

PayPal F&F. PM with offers. Thanks!

Brian861
04-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Several editions of The Fireman for sale. Both US and UK if you're looking for a specific ISBN, etc. All 1st/1st. US editions housed in the CD slipcase and all UK editions housed in the Whiley custom slipcase. Email me HERE (bfreeman1@cox.net) with the edition that you're interested in. Please include The Fireman in the subject line. Thanks!

mikeC
04-18-2017, 04:38 PM
Just read the Tales from Darkside comic and thought it was awesome! Very bummed it never got made. I'm slowing going through the show which is not really that good. The TZ 80s reboot has some excellent episodes but I think Darkside was as a whole kind of of a waste. I'm sure money had to do with it so it would have been nice to see this remade with some dough and better stories.
Is the screenplay book different stories or the same as the comic?

Brian861
04-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Just read the Tales from Darkside comic and thought it was awesome! Very bummed it never got made. I'm slowing going through the show which is not really that good. The TZ 80s reboot has some excellent episodes but I think Darkside was as a whole kind of of a waste. I'm sure money had to do with it so it would have been nice to see this remade with some dough and better stories.
Is the screenplay book different stories or the same as the comic?

I'm pretty sure the script book was for the shows that were planned and the comics were based off of those planned shows. I have it but haven't read through it as it's my collection copy. I liked the first in the series but believe it fell short on the last issue. I would have liked to see it continued on as a comic at least. I too believe it could have been a good TV series.

Beverly Marsh
04-20-2017, 07:32 AM
Heaven & Earth - a collection of Locke and key one shots will be out mid August:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1684051819/ref=cm_wl_huc_continue

Hopefully Water Street will offer this to be signed. Just checked and it's not on their site yet.

Can't wait for this as I haven't read any of these one shots!

herbertwest
04-21-2017, 12:57 AM
From @scottderrickson the director of Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE :
"I'm directing the @joe_hill TV pilot adaptation of his own amazing graphic novel for Hulu and producer @carletoncuse "

>>> https://twitter.com/scottderrickson/status/855147336053407744

mikeC
04-21-2017, 05:41 AM
"I'm directing the @joe_hill TV pilot adaptation of his own amazing graphic novel for Hulu and producer @carletoncuse "

That's pretty awesome but the producer of The Strain is involved sooooo....
Hoping though!

wolfehr
04-21-2017, 06:34 AM
Article in Hollywood Reporter about it... http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/locke-key-pilot-carlton-cuse-set-at-hulu-995959

Hoping though!

mattgreenbean
04-21-2017, 07:24 AM
I like Hulu shows, so I'm expecting to enjoy this incarnation of L&K

Johnny Alien
04-21-2017, 02:30 PM

Hoping though!

Cuse also produced Lost and Bates Motel. The Strain was just uninspired source material.

wolfehr
04-21-2017, 03:01 PM

Hoping though!

Cuse also produced Lost and Bates Motel. The Strain was just uninspired source material.

I've only seen the first season, but actually kind of liked the strain. :|

Lookwhoitis
04-21-2017, 04:00 PM

Hoping though!

I don't know why people hate on the Strain. I like the show and the books. The show certainly has high production value and great effects. It has been one of the fresher Horror takes on TV recently, imo. The story is a little formulaic but not bad. it's just a little pulpy.

Aronstg
04-22-2017, 12:25 AM
Sounds like Joe is going to be going on a book tour again late summer/early fall. I've been informed that he is going to be at my local bookstore for the release of his next book. No exact date was announced though.

Really looking forward to this. I had a blast seeing him on his Fireman tour.

WeDealInLead
04-22-2017, 04:44 AM

Hoping though!

I don't know why people hate on the Strain. I like the show and the books. The show certainly has high production value and great effects. It has been one of the fresher Horror takes on TV recently, imo. The story is a little formulaic but not bad. it's just a little pulpy.

I love the books and the show is a solid 3.5 out of 5.

Good news about Joe's tour. Hopefully he makes Toronto one of his stops. I believe last time he was here was at the Fan Expo and there's just no way I'm going to that.

MarcoL
04-22-2017, 08:42 AM
Sounds like Joe is going to be going on a book tour again late summer/early fall. I've been informed that he is going to be at my local bookstore for the release of his next book. No exact date was announced though.

Really looking forward to this. I had a blast seeing him on his Fireman tour.

Know for a fact that Joe's coming to the UK to promote Strange Weather as well in November, no details yet but count me in :) and he's also one of the authors at Gollanczfest on 4 + 5 November

herbertwest
04-22-2017, 09:07 AM
Cool news! Maybe i'll try to visit my inlaws by that period, if he doesnt just go to London...

mikeC
04-24-2017, 05:29 AM
I know I do not like the Strain tv show bc it is horribly acted, the doctor woman is one of the worst actresses ever and it has walking dead syndrom where there are epsiodes where literally nothing happens. With so much good stuff to watch and read I can't abide by that anymore.

mikeC
04-24-2017, 05:31 AM
Is there a publication date for Strange Weather?

MLG
04-24-2017, 09:48 AM

Amazon lists October 24th.

dnemec
05-02-2017, 08:17 AM
I finally came up with a way of displaying my Locke & Hill keys. The shadow box is 8 x 10". I even took the time to spray paint the pins black (Hobby Lobby had no black pins) so they wouldn't stand out. I'm fairly pleased. I just can't buy anymore keys now!

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/dez%20books/jh%20-%20keys.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/dez%20books/jh%20-%20keys.jpg.html)

surly
05-02-2017, 08:30 AM
I quite like the keys and have a near complete collection, but I have been struggling with how to display them. The shadow box looks fantastic and the black pins area stroke of genius - very nicely done.

wolfehr
05-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Very nicely done dnemec!

mattgreenbean
05-02-2017, 12:22 PM
Nice! I always like admiring other peoples unique ways of enjoying their collections.

RichardX
05-02-2017, 03:42 PM

I wonder if there will be any of those super rare unsigned editions?

dnemec
05-02-2017, 04:49 PM
I quite like the keys and have a near complete collection, but I have been struggling with how to display them. The shadow box looks fantastic and the black pins area stroke of genius - very nicely done.

Very nicely done dnemec!

Nice! I always like admiring other peoples unique ways of enjoying their collections.

Many thanks, all!

wolfehr
05-05-2017, 06:38 AM
A newsletter was sent out today.

link (http://mailchi.mp/joehillfiction/the-new-hatch?e=7609190dc1)

sentinel
05-05-2017, 11:38 AM
I finally came up with a way of displaying my Locke & Hill keys. The shadow box is 8 x 10". I even took the time to spray paint the pins black (Hobby Lobby had no black pins) so they wouldn't stand out. I'm fairly pleased. I just can't buy anymore keys now!

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/dez%20books/jh%20-%20keys.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/dez%20books/jh%20-%20keys.jpg.html)

That's very cool! Nice!

Patrick
05-08-2017, 01:15 PM
^ That looks great! Much better than the cardboard box where mine are stored.

dnemec
05-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Thanks Sentinel and Patrick!

cit74
05-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Any Ed Brubaker fans? I was just reading Criminal and the story arc The Sinners Part 1 has a crooked cop that hangs out in strip clubs and whorehouses and basically is in the strip for about 5 pages before he gets killed - the funny thing is the cop is named Hill, Joe Hill. And the first picture of him bears a striking resemblance to Joe too - wearing his glasses. Anyway - was interested if anyone had any thoughts on this. I get Ed's newsletters and he invites questions - and answers them eventually. So I posed this question to him - and if I get any response I will add it here as well.

wolfehr
05-17-2017, 10:38 AM
From Gauntlet Press' newsletter today...

NOTHING O'CLOCK by Neil Gaiman

BREAKING NEWS! We have exciting news on our collaboration with Borderlands Press for Neil Gaiman’s NOTHING O’CLOCK, a Dr. Who novella. Joe Hill, apparently a big fan of Dr. Who, and Brian Keene will be signing the lettered edition and providing an introduction/afterword. We have increased the price for the lettered edition and expect it to sell out. As always, those customers who pre-ordered the lettered edition will NOT have to pay a penny more. There is no need for those who pre-ordered to contact us (unless you’d like a second copy at the new price), as you are already guaranteed the copy you pre-ordered. We will also have a 125-copy Deluxe Numbered Edition of the book signed by Gaiman and Joe Hill. This is a new edition we did not have listed on our website. It’s there now for you to order. We expect this edition to sell out quickly, as well.

https://www.gauntletpress.com/product/nothing-oclock/

Kingfan24
05-17-2017, 10:40 AM
He signs so much I just have no clue what to collect

webstar1000
05-17-2017, 10:44 AM

LOL That is one of the reasons I don't collect any of his work... that and I have no more space. lol

wolfehr
05-17-2017, 10:46 AM
Haha, I picked up the book when it was announced because I'm a big Dr. Who fan. I don't think I'd pick it up just for the Joe Hill introduction and signature though.

DoctorZaius
05-17-2017, 11:16 AM

Yeah, he was just added to the Boston Comic Con lineup.

ELazansky
05-17-2017, 12:04 PM
From Gauntlet Press' newsletter today...

NOTHING O'CLOCK by Neil Gaiman

BREAKING NEWS! We have exciting news on our collaboration with Borderlands Press for Neil Gaiman’s NOTHING O’CLOCK, a Dr. Who novella. Joe Hill, apparently a big fan of Dr. Who, and Brian Keene will be signing the lettered edition and providing an introduction/afterword. We have increased the price for the lettered edition and expect it to sell out. As always, those customers who pre-ordered the lettered edition will NOT have to pay a penny more. There is no need for those who pre-ordered to contact us (unless you’d like a second copy at the new price), as you are already guaranteed the copy you pre-ordered. We will also have a 125-copy Deluxe Numbered Edition of the book signed by Gaiman and Joe Hill. This is a new edition we did not have listed on our website. It’s there now for you to order. We expect this edition to sell out quickly, as well.

https://www.gauntletpress.com/product/nothing-oclock/

Not paying an extra $150 for Joe's signature. I'll take the regular Neil signed edition.

Brian861
05-17-2017, 12:11 PM

LOL That is one of the reasons I don't collect any of his work... that and I have no more space. lol

That's exactly the reason I collect him. Plus I like his work.

Beverly Marsh
05-19-2017, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know if Joe will sign a Creepshow poster or does that "irritate" him?
I've only met him once and had The Fireman signed at that time. He'll be at Boston Comic Con in August and I'd like to get a Creepshow print signed. I have all the S/L's out there plus a bunch of other signed stuff from Water Street. I don't need a book signed. But I also don't want to piss him off. Lol

P.S. Ditto Brian :)

Brian861
05-19-2017, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know if Joe will sign a Creepshow poster or does that "irritate" him?
I've only met him once and had The Fireman signed at that time. He'll be at Boston Comic Con in August and I'd like to get a Creepshow print signed. I have all the S/L's out there plus a bunch of other signed stuff from Water Street. I don't need a book signed. But I also don't want to piss him off. Lol

:thumbsup: I thought maybe it was up thread that he wouldn't sign Creepshow the book. I haven't met the guy but he seems like he'd politely decline if he didn't care for it.

MLG
05-19-2017, 11:06 AM

Can't speak to the poster but I had him sign the Creepshow DVD the last time I saw him and he had no issue signing it. He does not sign it as Joe Hill though. The signature is his full initials JHK.

MLG
05-19-2017, 11:07 AM

:thumbsup: I thought maybe it was up thread that he wouldn't sign Creepshow the book. I haven't meant the guy but he seems like he'd politely decline if he didn't care for it.

The last time I saw him someone had brought a copy of one of his mom's paperbacks to sign. He declined saying his mom would kill him. He also declined to sign a sound of music Vinyl soundtrack. He was kind about.

Ricky
05-21-2017, 10:03 AM
I'm trying to figure out if my Tales from the Darkside script book is a first/first. On the copyright page it says, "19 18 17 16 1 2 3 4". The number line is throwing me off (I was expecting something like "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1".

Thoughts? I'm not even sure if there was more than one printing.

WeDealInLead
05-21-2017, 10:34 AM
That's the first printing.

Bev Vincent
05-21-2017, 10:40 AM
I'm trying to figure out if my Tales from the Darkside script book is a first/first. On the copyright page it says, "19 18 17 16 1 2 3 4". The number line is throwing me off (I was expecting something like "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1".

The left hand numbers represent the years 2019-2016

Brian861
05-21-2017, 11:13 AM

Thanks, Bev. Was curious what those left side numbers represented.

Ricky
05-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Thanks, guys! I suspected I had the first (I bought it when it came out) but didn't know how to tell.

RC65
05-22-2017, 07:05 AM

Not disputing that at all as I have no knowledge r.e. this publisher and the manner in which they indicate printings, but I am curious why a publisher would indicate 2018 and 2019 when they've yet to occur...I've never seen that before, copyrighting/indicating a year that's yet to happen.

I have seen 10 8 6 4 2 1 3 5 7 9 (and similar) which is still a first printing because of the presence of the "1"...but the 10 and 8 and etc. really have no true relevance in the scheme of things.

I have seen this: 75 76 77 78 79 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2...this number line below identifies a second printing printed in 1975. But obviously yours isn't a 4th printing from 2019, so...?

Publishers sure keep things interesting for us collectors, don't they? ;-)

Br!an
05-22-2017, 09:26 AM

Not disputing that at all as I have no knowledge r.e. this publisher and the manner in which they indicate printings, but I am curious why a publisher would indicate 2018 and 2019 when they've yet to occur...I've never seen that before, copyrighting/indicating a year that's yet to happen.

I have seen 10 8 6 4 2 1 3 5 7 9 (and similar) which is still a first printing because of the presence of the "1"...but the 10 and 8 and etc. really have no true relevance in the scheme of things.

I have seen this: 75 76 77 78 79 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2...this number line below identifies a second printing printed in 1975. But obviously yours isn't a 4th printing from 2019, so...?

Numberlines, or Printer's keys, came into being as a way to standardize identification of the number of printings.

Publishers can use a numberline or not, and they can do so however they like, so there really is no standard, but it was worse before.

Most use the numbers 1-10 in some arrangement. Some include dates.

They could, of course, just print the number "1" or "9" to represent the first or ninth printing. The reason they do it this way is that the page setup for the printer only requires the removal of one number. That is the easiest and cheapest way to do it by far.

Brian861
05-22-2017, 10:50 AM

And that number line is pretty much SOP from what I've seen from IDW.

Beverly Marsh
05-25-2017, 07:51 AM

:thumbsup: I thought maybe it was up thread that he wouldn't sign Creepshow the book. I haven't met the guy but he seems like he'd politely decline if he didn't care for it.
Yeah, I don't think he would be rude. Especially after people asking him to sign the book and one of his Mom's books? :confused: At least he was actually IN the movie!

Can't speak to the poster but I had him sign the Creepshow DVD the last time I saw him and he had no issue signing it. He does not sign it as Joe Hill though. The signature is his full initials JHK.
Thank you! I think I'll give it a shot and I would love a different signature with his real last name. That would be cool. BCC isn't until August so I'll let ya'll know what happens :-D

surly
05-25-2017, 08:37 AM
A while back I was able to attend a signing Joe did to promote HORNS. When it was my turn in line I asked if he would mind signing my copy with his full name. He just smiled and said he would rather not because (Joe Hill) was his full name.
Would be kinda cool to have a JHK signature; hope you have better luck.

Beverly Marsh
05-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Well hell, after all that he postponed his appearance at BCC. Sigh. Maybe I will bring a poster to the inevitable Strange Weather tour :evil:

Brian861
06-04-2017, 07:14 AM
Joe Hill's NOS4A2 Heading To AMC (http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=5560&ref=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LiljasLibrary+%28Lilja%27s+Li brary+-+The+World+of+Stephen+King%29)

bdwyer19
06-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Joe Hill's NOS4A2 Heading To AMC (http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=5560&ref=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LiljasLibrary+%28Lilja%27s+Li brary+-+The+World+of+Stephen+King%29)

Hmm. I'd watch a 2 hour AMC movie. Not so sure about a series.

RichardX
06-05-2017, 03:12 AM

On AMC that would mean 1.5 hours in commercials and .5 movie. AMC does some good stuff but the commercials are relentless. Absent a DVR, I would never watch anything they air.

wolfehr
06-05-2017, 06:35 AM

On AMC that would mean 1.5 hours in commercials and .5 movie. AMC does some good stuff but the commercials are relentless. Absent a DVR, I would never watch anything they air.

+1 on DVR for AMC. I've generally been happy with the quality they've put out and am very excited for this one.

Cwalker
06-05-2017, 06:58 AM
Has anyone heard back from Borderland Press regarding the "Little Silver Book of...".
We were supposed to be able to pay for it last month but the website was pooched. The last thing I saw mentioned trying again in a couple of weeks. Anyone have any other info?

wolfehr
06-05-2017, 07:01 AM
Has anyone heard back from Borderland Press regarding the "Little Silver Book of...".
We were supposed to be able to pay for it last month but the website was pooched. The last thing I saw mentioned trying again in a couple of weeks. Anyone have any other info?

This is the reply I got from them when I reached out. I interpreted that as I should get a real notification to pay on or around June 9th.

"yes, we know we have a glitch in the website software. We will be working on it all weekend. The book is delayed until June the 9th and that may be the issue. Your pre-order is safe. We do not collect payment until a title is ready to ship. We will invoice you when ready to ship

if you still wish to pay in advance, you can use the paypal Send Money option to sales@borderlandspress.com

Thanks for your patience and understanding

BP"

MarcoL
06-05-2017, 08:11 AM

This is the reply I got from them when I reached out. I interpreted that as I should get a real notification to pay on or around June 9th.

"yes, we know we have a glitch in the website software. We will be working on it all weekend. The book is delayed until June the 9th and that may be the issue. Your pre-order is safe. We do not collect payment until a title is ready to ship. We will invoice you when ready to ship

if you still wish to pay in advance, you can use the paypal Send Money option to sales@borderlandspress.com

Thanks for your patience and understanding

BP"

I received the same reply from them when I was unable to pay for my order. We'll know in a couple of days when they'll send out their newsletter or invoices :)

Cwalker
06-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Thanks all! I knew I tucked a couple of $20's in the back of my wallet for a reason. :)

surly
06-05-2017, 04:44 PM
this is one i have been working on for a while.
it seems that i am one of the few that not only quite enjoyed THE FIREMAN, but didn't really mind the PS limited. although i agree that they made some odd design choices, i feel the artwork more than made up for any shortfalls. i was not familiar with David Stoupakis before this project, but when he was announced as the artist i started to follow him on social media and when he started to post teases of what he was working on for the book, i realized i really wanted one of these. once it was published i was able to work out a deal to get the original work that was used for the wraparound illustration on the slip case. this was one of the works that he posted the progress of on instagram:
http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab21/surly_pics/hill/Screenshot_2017-01-30-22-13-59_zpsvgwa2zht.png~original (http://s846.photobucket.com/user/surly_pics/media/hill/Screenshot_2017-01-30-22-13-59_zpsvgwa2zht.png.html)

the work is an oil on board and is roughly 12 x 24. here is a detail - i think the way he makes the flames come alive is pretty amazing:
http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab21/surly_pics/hill/20170605_195710_zps0p5ezaw8.jpg~original (http://s846.photobucket.com/user/surly_pics/media/hill/20170605_195710_zps0p5ezaw8.jpg.html)

i'll paste the whole image in my collection thread.

wolfehr
06-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Congrats surly! Agree the fireman pieces are amazing and I love that one.

MarcoL
06-06-2017, 07:05 AM
SWEEEETTT ! That's a very nice piece of art!! I'm with you, I also really enjoyed The Fireman and love the artwork in the PS edition.

Lovejoygirl14
06-11-2017, 07:26 AM
If anyone bought the fireman art portfolio that David stoupakis did...I will gladly purchase from you, if you're willing to sell :thumbsup:thumbsup: he pulled it from the website 2 days before I got paid ! Sad face, so I am hunting for it now (:

dnemec
06-11-2017, 07:54 AM
If anyone bought the fireman art portfolio that David stoupakis did...I will gladly purchase from you, if you're willing to sell :thumbsup:thumbsup: he pulled it from the website 2 days before I got paid ! Sad face, so I am hunting for it now (:

They're gone?!? Crap! I'd been meaning to buy them, but hadn't gotten around to it. Damn!

Lovejoygirl14
06-11-2017, 08:07 AM
Unfortunately it's gone :frown::frown:

Brian861
06-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

UK Cover For Strange Weather By Joe Hill (http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=5580&ref=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LiljasLibrary+%28Lilja%27s+Li brary+-+The+World+of+Stephen+King%29)

dnemec
06-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Anybody heard from Borderlands about A Little Silver Book of Sharp Shiny Slivers? I haven't been asked for payment yet, but just saw a second one on eBay.

wolfehr
06-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Anybody heard from Borderlands about A Little Silver Book of Sharp Shiny Slivers? I haven't been asked for payment yet, but just saw a second one on eBay.

I have not

Kingfan24
06-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Oh great.

Br!an
06-13-2017, 05:39 PM

I pre-ordered too. I looked through my emails, and I was supposed to pay for it a month ago on 5/13. Now it doesn't appear in my account online. I think I missed out! :panic:

wolfehr
06-13-2017, 05:41 PM

I pre-ordered too. I looked through my emails, and I was supposed to pay for it a month ago on 5/13. Now it doesn't appear in my account online. I think I missed out! :panic:

I tried to pay a month ago when I got that email and it didn't work. They said...

"yes, we know we have a glitch in the website software. We will be working on it all weekend. The book is delayed until June the 9th and that may be the issue. Your pre-order is safe. We do not collect payment until a title is ready to ship. We will invoice you when ready to ship"

I'm going to follow up tomorrow.

Br!an
06-13-2017, 05:53 PM

I tried to pay a month ago when I got that email and it didn't work. They said...

"yes, we know we have a glitch in the website software. We will be working on it all weekend. The book is delayed until June the 9th and that may be the issue. Your pre-order is safe. We do not collect payment until a title is ready to ship. We will invoice you when ready to ship"

I emailed them. The reply:

we have your pre-order intact

still at printer. they only have one machine that sews the pages of
smaller books-- it broke down.

We pick them up Friday, number and pack all weekend, ship Monday

You will get a newsletter with payment instructions

:dance:

wolfehr
06-13-2017, 05:54 PM

Nice! Thanks for the update!

dnemec
06-13-2017, 06:07 PM

Thanks, Brian! I was getting concerned!

wolfehr
06-15-2017, 07:19 AM
I just received an email from Borderlands Press with instructions to pay for my pre-order. Seems like their order system is still down so they're asking people to pay via PayPal. It didn't actually include price to send over, so I just used the same amount from my previous orders.

Br!an
06-15-2017, 07:52 AM
I just received an email from Borderlands Press with instructions to pay for my pre-order. Seems like their order system is still down so they're asking people to pay via PayPal. It didn't actually include price to send over, so I just used the same amount from my previous orders.

Mine is $30 + $3.63 Media Mail shipping.

I expect you'll be fine paying the same as the last time.

dnemec
06-15-2017, 10:08 AM

I haven't received an email, but was going to pay via Paypal anyway. Now I can't find the address. Can anyone give it to me? It's not on my original order (which does have your shipping charges on there...).

Kingfan24
06-15-2017, 10:48 AM
This is irritating to say the least. I called them today and they said they'd email the instructions over right away. 5 hours later they haven't.

wolfehr
06-15-2017, 10:50 AM
$33.63 is exactly what I paid :)

Here are the instructions from the email I got...

Or website invoice and pay system is being upgraded and is currently not working, but you can pay for your order now by sending to an alternate email address through PayPal’s “Send or Request Money” option.

VERY IMPORTANT: In order for us to create a mailing label, you MUST use the method-choice called PAY FOR GOODS OR SERVICES.

Send your PayPal payment to: tfmbp@borderlandspress.com

We apologize for the long delays and problems processing this particular order. We have isolated the order payment problem and fixed the issue going forward but we cannot retrofit the fix—that’s why you must pay for this book via the SEND OR REQUEST MONEY option (found under the MONEY Menu Bar Topic).

If you prefer paying by check or Postal Money Order, mail to Borderlands Press, PO Box 61, Benson MD 21018. If

Thank you for your patience and support of the small press.

Borderlands Press

dnemec
06-15-2017, 11:00 AM
$33.63 is exactly what I paid :)

Here are the instructions from the email I got...

Or website invoice and pay system is being upgraded and is currently not working, but you can pay for your order now by sending to an alternate email address through PayPal’s “Send or Request Money” option.

VERY IMPORTANT: In order for us to create a mailing label, you MUST use the method-choice called PAY FOR GOODS OR SERVICES.

We apologize for the long delays and problems processing this particular order. We have isolated the order payment problem and fixed the issue going forward but we cannot retrofit the fix—that’s why you must pay for this book via the SEND OR REQUEST MONEY option (found under the MONEY Menu Bar Topic).

If you prefer paying by check or Postal Money Order, mail to Borderlands Press, PO Box 61, Benson MD 21018. If

Borderlands Press

Thank you so much! I'm beyond a little annoyed at them. I got the premature email mid-May, but this time didn't even get one. Well, it's paid for now, so they best not give my book away!

cit74
06-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Yeah I replied shortly after receiving email asked if they could send another message with price as well - no reply

Lilja
06-16-2017, 12:10 AM
I'm never finished Locke & Key but am planing on doing it now. Can someone please give me a list of all the issues?

Lilja

Beverly Marsh
06-16-2017, 03:56 AM
Lordy this Borderlands business has turned into a cluster! I'm in the same boat. Glitch email received in May and nothing since. My order better not be screwed. Thanks for the info everyone, maybe I'll try the Paypal payment and hope it works.

jsmcmullen92
06-16-2017, 05:21 AM
I'm never finished Locke & Key but am planing on doing it now. Can someone please give me a list of all the issues?

Lilja

If you go the Hardcover Route there are Vol 1 - Vol 6
If you go the individual route not including the variants, There are 6 per vol except the last one that has 5 for omega and 2 for alpha.

The Wikipedia article lists them all out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locke_%26_Key#Story_arcs

BTW it is so worth reading! I remember the first time I got Welcome to Lovecraft and read the entire first volume in 30 minutes and was hooked ever since!

wolfehr
06-16-2017, 05:42 AM

Lilja

If you go the individual route not including the variants, There are 6 per vol except the last one that has 5 for omega and 2 for alpha.

BTW it is so worth reading! I remember the first time I got Welcome to Lovecraft and read the entire first volume in 30 minutes and was hooked ever since!

+1 on the recommendation. One of my favorite comics.

BigJoeHillfan
06-16-2017, 05:47 AM
It is really worth reading!:thumbsup:

Brian861
06-16-2017, 05:51 AM
I missed out on the Joe Hill Little Book. If anyone ordered an extra copy and is willing to part with it (if and when they show up), please PM me. Thanks!

Brian861
06-16-2017, 05:53 AM

Lilja

Agreed! I checked out all 6 volumes from the library and read them in one sitting!

Br!an
06-16-2017, 09:04 AM
I suppose people should look to the email from last month for pricing. Or just pay $33.63 for Media Mail delivery. Don't forget to include your order number!

Borderlands' Newletter:

Display problems? View this newsletter in your browser. (http://links.borderlandspress.com/wf/click?upn=VS5SKZXNcJP1cwq0-2B-2Bpq-2BNl8kPrfoXOzRk5lhKRJgu4e49Ar2ppeiSp47DryGXwEfgTse cs1EFwR2q2X4bALEKAW-2BQiCzbVq6KnTpLj4kvByPmO0y1sjSHFj1V2-2FfVgCMLp-2BLnOEzTWwIwQ6MBZsuOpZl-2BVxztHpzopnKaep8HdG-2Bl-2BmEgIEz3XVKrdgvLaugaQJqpc76dDk24SHKJeviH3E3DRCTRD X0NEO6dh7LOcjZVZ5kGXsijvEAnRlgEg7_8QTe7KJvlFq1GmEm Q5PII8CYzhkrywgaL86-2F7myK-2FP8IlYpQG-2BToRwV-2FofiIw0bpCqSLiXqD2SbKNQitIiV9qQ6s-2F3NnJnFNFSlr08EI6XusG10DMimwqqP6npz2-2FRC2JLsLnhUcUWMKUV21UzGqxZD0NUk5O2OSAnSDxdZiFEnNd bRaxG-2B74Bk-2FRWqEFkdyJ6WHM-2Bt9pQekVv9kyQGzWiXbkMgetgmA58FT7EiKjBI-3D)
http://borderlandspress.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/BP-Mural-111-600x199.jpg
http://borderlandspress.com/wp-content/uploads/wysija/dividers/solid.jpg

A Little Silver Book of Sharp Shiny Slivers

by Joe Hill

is now shipping and

Payment for your pre-order is

NOW DUE

We pick them up today, and will be numbering and packing all weekend to ship Monday

(tfmbp@borderlandspress.com)

If you prefer paying by check or Postal Money Order, mail to Borderlands Press, PO Box 61, Benson MD 21018.

Borderlands Press

The only copies remaining (41 copies)

belong to matched sets of the entire series.

If anyone still wishes to have a copy of the Joe Hill title,
they will need to purchase an entire matching set of 15 Little Books
($450.00 @ $30 ea.)

(you can email us to set up a payment plan if necessary)

https://www.borderlandspress.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Little-Silver-Book.png

The Penultimate Little Book in Series II will be shipping soon!
The Little Silver Book of Sharp Shiny Slivers collects some of Joe Hill's most off-beat writing. Here he reflects on the end of the world, explains why horror fiction matters, and offers up his own rules for writing. The author encounters one of literature's lesser known talking birds and checks in on the heroes of Heart-Shaped Box. All this and his very first published essay as Joe Hill, only recently rediscovered (it's good!).

Signed by the author, numbered and limited to 500 copies

(If you did not pre-order this title, we apologize for the intrusion, but utilizing our newlstter mailing is the most efficient way to reach our customers)

Borderlands Press
PO Box 61
Benson MD 21018

http://links.borderlandspress.com/wf/open?upn=8QTe7KJvlFq1GmEmQ5PII8CYzhkrywgaL86-2F7myK-2FP8IlYpQG-2BToRwV-2FofiIw0bp4zscRgQPXmG0ZhKgfKnMLAU-2BJk1n7dLBh-2B7CutNfRikcS3fABRzLCVCjBywdyHn9rxHpjCww24KL8jM23F bksBP9weWZI44xNYQ5-2FGiIE2d4kQqpGtpa-2BacHQ82NK0VTM8fby92GZFWV4QBO-2BquTOTggnzAIYnh7Og-2BUQPefp0U-3D

wolfehr
06-16-2017, 09:20 AM
I included my order # as a comment. Hope I get my matching number!

Kingfan24
06-16-2017, 09:23 AM
I wasnt even able to order before they were sold out the first time so I had no order number for my set.

dnemec
06-16-2017, 10:08 AM
Lordy this Borderlands business has turned into a cluster! I'm in the same boat. Glitch email received in May and nothing since. My order better not be screwed. Thanks for the info everyone, maybe I'll try the Paypal payment and hope it works.

I didn't get my email until this morning. This is a total clusterfuck. I did send the payment yesterday with my order number, so fingers crossed all is good!

Cwalker
06-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Got the email today and payed immediately, but didn't think to include the order number. Hope I didn't make a bad thing worse......

Br!an
06-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Got the email today and payed immediately, but didn't think to include the order number. Hope I didn't make a bad thing worse......

They should be able to find your order by the email address. Unless you have a different email for PayPal than you used to order. If that's the case then you should probably send them an email explaining things.

Bev Vincent
06-19-2017, 02:41 AM
I received my shipping confirmation this morning.

Johnny Alien
06-19-2017, 01:44 PM
I got the email that it was ready to go and as everyone pointed out there was no price. So I just sent them $30 which was the only price I could find for it. Got the shipment notification today so I guess $30 was enough.

Roseannebarr
06-19-2017, 03:21 PM
I got the email that it was ready to go and as everyone pointed out there was no price. So I just sent them $30 which was the only price I could find for it. Got the shipment notification today so I guess $30 was enough.

Smart move! I should of done the same.

Beverly Marsh
06-20-2017, 08:59 AM
Got the shipping notification yesterday so that's a plus! Now let's all hope we get the right little book....:wtf:

MarcoL
06-24-2017, 05:22 AM
The first copies of the Strange Weather ARE are appearing on Ebay for those who are interested. Has anyone seen or know if William Morrow also created uncorrected proof copies like they did with Joe's previous three books?

F1racefan
06-24-2017, 06:42 AM
At $80 I think I will just wait until the actual book is released.