PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hill, Author

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Ricky
04-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I think I'm gonna call the store in the next few days just to confirm.

Heather19
04-25-2016, 04:17 PM
I've been to two of his signings. Both we're open to the public and when I got my books signed he asked my name, I never had to ask if he would personalize it. Also the first time, I got a few books signed and he did a doodle. Last time I went was for NOS4A2, and he just signed mine, but everyone that brought Locke & Key books were getting keys doodled in theirs. Of course I left mine at home which I regretted afterwards.

Joe315
04-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Looks like the Goldsboro Books of The Fireman will have sprayed edges, so this will be a "limited" variant of the UK trade edition.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p505/rodman109110/image_zpsh30d22ve.jpeg

wolfehr
04-26-2016, 05:31 AM
The Writers Panel #266: Joe Hill (http://nerdist.com/the-writers-panel-266-joe-hill/)

Joe Hill, the author of the new novel The Fireman, as well as Horns, NOS4A2, and Heart-Shaped Box, the short story collection 20th Century Ghosts, and the comic book series Locke & Key, talks candidly about his process, his influences, horror and genre, his famous writer parents Stephen King and Tabitha King, failure, and more.

Recorded at Brookline Booksmith in Brookline, Massachusetts on November 14, 2015.

Cwalker
04-26-2016, 06:18 AM
I attended this event and was impressed with the overall feel of it and just how personal Joe was willing to get about some of his Bad Times. It was also very interesting to hear about his writing habits and rituals. Good stuff!

Anubis2347
04-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Love the red edge. I am very glad I decided to pull the trigger on this one.

Where did you see it advertised?

jonp
04-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Love the red edge. I am very glad I decided to pull the trigger on this one.

Where did you see it advertised?

There's a sliding advertising banner on Goldboro Books homepage with it on.

Anubis2347
04-26-2016, 11:45 AM
Now it just needs a slipcase.

CyberGhostface
04-26-2016, 01:02 PM
If you had the chance to ask Joe a question, what would it be. Questions that are more general stand a better chance in this hypothetical than very specific ones (about characters or particular events in books, for example).

I once asked if him if he felt bad for Charlie Manx (if you've read the comic you know what I'm talking about) and he was like "I did until he started killing people." :p

IDK... maybe I'd ask if he'll ever write a full novel with his dad given the short stories they've done.

MarcoL
04-26-2016, 10:29 PM
Looks like the Goldsboro Books of The Fireman will have sprayed edges, so this will be a "limited" variant of the UK trade edition.

Thanks for posting the banner. Initially it was 'only' signed, now it's numbered as well and has a physical difference so I ordered a copy as I now consider this to be a different edition of the book.

MarcoL
04-26-2016, 11:23 PM
BTW, also ordered a signed copy of The Fireman from Barnes & Noble. Hope this is the presigned publisher's edition (can't imagine that Joe will sign a bunch of books for an online retailer). You can find it here (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-fireman-joe-hill/1122221454?ean=9780062565822#productInfoTabs).

frik
04-27-2016, 02:01 AM
BTW, also ordered a signed copy of The Fireman from Barnes & Noble. Hope this is the presigned publisher's edition (can't imagine that Joe will sign a bunch of books for an online retailer). You can find it here (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-fireman-joe-hill/1122221454?ean=9780062565822#productInfoTabs).

Thanks for the link, Marco - appreciate it and of course, it's another pre-order for me as well.
Not sure what you mean with the pre-signed publisher's edition though.

sk

MarcoL
04-27-2016, 03:37 AM

Thanks for the link, Marco - appreciate it and of course, it's another pre-order for me as well.

sk

You're welcome Siep. The pre-signed publisher's edition (that's how I call that particular edition :) is the regular hardback with a tipped in signature page. Both Horns and NOS4A2 had similar editions published by William Morrow and according to the ARC there'll be one for The Fireman as well

Br!an
04-27-2016, 03:43 AM

sk

This signed edition has a different ISBN than the unsigned first edition. That indicates that the publisher is releasing a signed copy.

So I ordered the CD signed bookplate version.
I ordered the Goldsboro signed limited version.
I ordered a personalized signed first from Waterstreet.
I'm a B&N member. :orely: I might as well order the publisher's signed edition too.

Joe315
04-27-2016, 03:44 AM

Thanks for posting the banner. Initially it was 'only' signed, now it's numbered as well and has a physical difference so I ordered a copy as I now consider this to be a different edition of the book.

You're welcome.

dnemec
04-27-2016, 05:50 AM

sk

This signed edition has a different ISBN than the unsigned first edition. That indicates that the publisher is releasing a signed copy.

I'm a B&N member. :orely: I might as well order the publisher's signed edition too.

Repeat after me:

I do NOT have a problem. I do NOT have a problem. I do NOT have a problem.

You totally have a problem. ;)

SystemCrashOverRide
04-27-2016, 06:05 AM
Now you need a non signed copy to read. And the PS Publishing edition is still impending... so broke.

RC65
04-27-2016, 06:31 AM

sk

Repeat after me:

That B&N edition: interesting. Joe's marketing and rights teams is pulling out all the stops with this one. I wish I had the shelf-room for all these variants, but considering I'm perpetually at critical mass when it comes to shelf space, I have to be far more selective. I have the Goldsboro edition on order and had planned to pick up the PS S/L, but now I'm wondering if the Goldboro will be enough.

Bah, that's crazy talk...I need the PS, too. But that's it...gotta draw the line somewhere. Or buy yet another bookcase... :orely:

ELazansky
04-27-2016, 06:42 AM

sk

Repeat after me:

That B&N edition: interesting. Joe's marketing and rights teams is pulling out all the stops with this one. I wish I had the shelf-room for all these variants, but considering I'm perpetually at critical mass when it comes to shelf space, I have to be far more selective. I have the Goldsboro edition on order and had planned to pick up the PS S/L, but now I'm wondering if the Goldboro will be enough.

Bah, that's crazy talk...I need the PS, too. But that's it...gotta draw the line somewhere. Or buy yet another bookcase... :orely:

I have similar thoughts. I collect limited editions. None of these are limited to me. For me, spraying the edges doesn't make it a new edition. A tipped in signature page with a different ISBN doesn't make it a new edition. Its great that everyone has rooms of space for different copies of the same title. I'll wait for the true limited edition and that will probably be the only one I get. But, to each his own, so if you want all of these "editions", go crazy.

jsmcmullen92
04-27-2016, 08:14 AM

I went and bought another bookcase last night...

Brian James Freeman
04-27-2016, 08:20 AM
I went and bought another bookcase last night...

This is the correct solution to the problem of too many editions. ;)

Brian

mikeC
04-27-2016, 09:02 AM
I have read 6 of the stories in the Best of SFF he edited and I have say 4 of the stories are amazing.

racerx45
04-27-2016, 09:51 AM
I don’t know if someone is pulling my leg or not but I hear the other day that Joe has a rare medical condition. It’s similar to sleep walking but its sleep autographing. They said he has full-time staff that place books in front of him while he sleeps and on a good night he can sign a full pallet of books.

OK so I may have just made that up but it sounds plausible :nope:

ELazansky
04-27-2016, 10:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChDl_uJW0AAf-wT.jpg

So Goldsboro usually puts on their limitation page that the book was bound specifically for them. Now here's another sprayed listing from a different seller. Is it the same book or another variant?

MarcoL
04-27-2016, 10:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChDl_uJW0AAf-wT.jpg

So Goldsboro usually puts on their limitation page that the book was bound specifically for them. Now here's another sprayed listing from a different seller. Is it the same book or another variant?

Noticed the same advertisement. Since there are already so many different editions/variants I just ordered a copy from them as well...:)

RC65
04-27-2016, 11:01 AM
If this Blackwells edition is yet another variant outside Goldsboro's 350 signed/#d copies, the number of variants of this book has gone from silly to absurd. I hope the PS edition is cheap, because with this many "special editions" flooding the market it's likely not going to be a particularly good investment.

ELazansky
04-27-2016, 11:20 AM
If this Blackwells edition is yet another variant outside Goldsboro's 350 signed/#d copies, the number of variants of this book has gone from silly to absurd. I hope the PS edition is cheap, because with this many "special editions" flooding the market it's likely not going to be a particularly good investment.

I couldn't agree more. I also noticed the ISBN for the signed copy at B&N is different from the one for the signed copy at BAM. J could be reading them wrong, but enough is enough.

WeDealInLead
04-27-2016, 11:21 AM
I don’t know if someone is pulling my leg or not but I hear the other day that Joe has a rare medical condition. It’s similar to sleep walking but its sleep autographing. They said he has full-time staff that place books in front of him while he sleeps and on a good night he can sign a full pallet of books.

It's a rare untreatable disorder aptly named Blankpageophobia, usually coupled with Doubledipitis. Neil Gaiman is said to be suffering from it as well.

ELazansky
04-27-2016, 11:24 AM

It's a rare untreatable disorder aptly named Blankpageophobia, usually coupled with Doubledipitis. Neil Gaiman is said to be suffering from it as well.

Ain't that the truth. He tweeted he signed 3000 signature pages for the Cheap Seats book coming out. He should spend time with his wife and new child :-)

somekindofstranger
04-27-2016, 11:25 AM
Odd. On Goldsboro ' s website it says exclusive. Personally I think Blackwells are reselling...
(Their site also says they only have very limited copies)

zelig
04-27-2016, 11:26 AM
I'm a variant junkie but I also agree this is too much.

MarcoL
04-27-2016, 11:34 AM
Odd. On Goldsboro ' s website it says exclusive. Personally I think Blackwells are reselling...
(Their site also says they only have very limited copies)

I doubt that since Blackwell sells it for £ 20 while the Goldsboro edition costs £ 25

MLG
04-27-2016, 11:56 AM
If you go to the Blackwell's website it states that it is published by Orion and is a first edition signed by the author. I think someone may have used the wrong photo on the ad as no mention is made to the red edging.

Bev Vincent
04-27-2016, 12:11 PM
I just spent 50 minutes on a video conference with Joe for an interview that will appear in the forthcoming issue of Cemetery Dance. You won't be disappointed!

Booknutt
04-27-2016, 12:12 PM
I ended up with an extra ARC of The Fireman. It's the US second state. $75 OBO.

zelig
04-27-2016, 12:18 PM
I just spent 50 minutes on a video conference with Joe for an interview that will appear in the forthcoming issue of Cemetery Dance. You won't be disappointed!

Looking forward to it!

Dano
04-27-2016, 01:03 PM

Cool!

Dan

Br!an
04-27-2016, 02:51 PM
Waterstones signed edition: https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-fireman/joe-hill/9781785172991

It shows, though doesn't state, red page edges. Different ISBN

Joe315
04-27-2016, 03:30 PM
What are the chances all the uk editions have red edges...

Br!an
04-27-2016, 03:55 PM
It's looking pretty good right about now.

Unsigned without red edges is the hard one to find.

SystemCrashOverRide
04-27-2016, 06:13 PM
I think at current count I have, 3 maybe 4 copies pre ordered. Genuinely excited, I don't even care If they're rare, I'm just pumped to have them.

jsmcmullen92
04-28-2016, 06:03 AM
I was talking to a UK collector yesterday and they were saying that all UK editions were sprayed not just Goldsboro. Not sure if he meant all signed editions or ALL editions. I think Waterstones is doing a sprayed one as well.

RC65
04-28-2016, 06:27 AM
I wonder if the Goldsboro edition is the only embellished-UK-trade that is numbered (of 350), though. I haven't seen mention of a numbered limitation on any of the others.

dnemec
04-28-2016, 04:04 PM
I posted this in the "evil sellers" thread, but I wanted to list it here as though as he has another Fireman proof available:

Just a friendly warning:

I bought a proof of The Fireman from eBay seller slough_exile. It was one of those shipping by Amazon deals, so my book was shipped only in a cardboard box where it freely bopped around until landing on my doorstep. Book was advertised as "Brand New," but now there are dings from the shipping. It's not horrible, but I am totally annoyed and let him know it. I just wanted to alert the rest of you as I assume he ships all his books this way.

MarcoL
04-29-2016, 02:44 AM
I asked Gollancz on Twitter to clarify the red edged copies. They replied that only select retailers will get signed copies with red edges (Goldsboro and Waterstones). Apparently Blackwell books used the wrong picture in their add, they may be getting signed copies as Joe will do a book tour in the UK in June, but not the limited red edged variant.

Edit: Blackwell books contacted Gollancz and will be getting copies of the limited red edged version as well

RC65
04-29-2016, 06:47 AM
Are all three stores providing numbered copies, or just Goldsboro?

wolfehr
04-29-2016, 06:59 AM
Blurb about The Fireman in today's PS Publishing newsletter.

So let’s kick off with a look-see at what David Stoupakis is up to on THE FIREMAN.

David has just turned in his third (of twelve) piece and it’s an absolute doozy. Both Joe and I are vying for suitable compliments each time he sends something along and every time I think, yeah, this is it: this is the best he’s gonna do. And then he goes and tops it a couple weeks later. Take a look—here are the second and third pieces: See what I mean!

In response to all those folks clamoring for the order page, fear not. It’ll be up late next month.

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/PN3b7WYBoGlnwpkrfUa5RZEGNSL06fnyfO02Jx1EpDa8frG8eK eitA-RhJmhwI4vHZBm4PAa8wYDLZ0al3lcXl1hxfLIWVdt6b3VeKzcW YMXI_OWN09SEsEFuWxHaFTmIy1ScOD34o67VMfxhJc=s0-d-e1-ft#http://static1.ml.mailersend.com/data/builder/2244063/20160429103035596_300_450_1_0.jpeg

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/5ZPhzms7Whf42ackSCtS-tABaDyy8PYSwfFjqupoo7cLYsu-UgiLVmP0ElPiglVhUhyJOWht9eywSzqqo9nGCz7UCvIEVpnad7 JGYPqXp-Si7pNst2Q2hN3Cy1MwtU4OzkNF0vkwJtorlVQBELU=s0-d-e1-ft#http://static2.ml.mailersend.com/data/builder/2244063/20160429103103620_540_360_1_0.jpeg

Edit: Just noticed the number on the fireman's helmet ;)

MarcoL
04-29-2016, 07:28 AM
Are all three stores providing numbered copies, or just Goldsboro?
As far as I know, Goldsboro is the only one that offers a numbered version of this signed edition.

MarcoL
04-29-2016, 07:34 AM
Blurb about The Fireman in today's PS Publishing newsletter.

So let’s kick off with a look-see at what David Stoupakis is up to on THE FIREMAN.

David has just turned in his third (of twelve) piece and it’s an absolute doozy. Both Joe and I are vying for suitable compliments each time he sends something along and every time I think, yeah, this is it: this is the best he’s gonna do. And then he goes and tops it a couple weeks later. Take a look—here are the second and third pieces: See what I mean!

In response to all those folks clamoring for the order page, fear not. It’ll be up late next month.

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/PN3b7WYBoGlnwpkrfUa5RZEGNSL06fnyfO02Jx1EpDa8frG8eK eitA-RhJmhwI4vHZBm4PAa8wYDLZ0al3lcXl1hxfLIWVdt6b3VeKzcW YMXI_OWN09SEsEFuWxHaFTmIy1ScOD34o67VMfxhJc=s0-d-e1-ft#http://static1.ml.mailersend.com/data/builder/2244063/20160429103035596_300_450_1_0.jpeg

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/5ZPhzms7Whf42ackSCtS-tABaDyy8PYSwfFjqupoo7cLYsu-UgiLVmP0ElPiglVhUhyJOWht9eywSzqqo9nGCz7UCvIEVpnad7 JGYPqXp-Si7pNst2Q2hN3Cy1MwtU4OzkNF0vkwJtorlVQBELU=s0-d-e1-ft#http://static2.ml.mailersend.com/data/builder/2244063/20160429103103620_540_360_1_0.jpeg

Edit: Just noticed the number on the fireman's helmet ;)

Late next month...that means there's still some time to save money :) if PS maintains the pricing level of the 20th century ghosts anniversary edition, I'm gonna need the extra time to come up with the dough

Randall Flagg
04-29-2016, 09:39 AM
If you had the chance to ask Joe a question, what would it be. Questions that are more general stand a better chance in this hypothetical than very specific ones (about characters or particular events in books, for example).
When he appeared in San Francisco a while back for the NOS4A2 book tour, I asked him a question.
At the ~41 second mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI1d5qXnf_8

SystemCrashOverRide
04-29-2016, 09:53 AM
How much did they charge for 20th century ghosts?

frik
04-29-2016, 09:56 AM
http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/20th-century-ghosts-1oth-anniversary-slipcased-hardcover-edition-by-joe-hill-3541-p.asp

The lettered was GBP 495.00

sk

Lookwhoitis
04-29-2016, 12:14 PM
When is S/L Fireman going on sale?!?!?

Cwalker
04-29-2016, 01:12 PM
When is S/L Fireman going on sale?!?!?

From the PS newsletter...

"In response to all those folks clamoring for the order page, fear not. It’ll be up late next month."

ruderabbit
04-29-2016, 01:46 PM
How much did they charge for 20th century ghosts?

About $190 for signed limited slipcased + shipping

Aronstg
04-29-2016, 02:43 PM
So with all of this talk of The Fireman, has anyone here actually read the book yet? I know that the ARC's have been making their rounds. If you have read it, can you give me your thoughts on the book. Non-spoilerish please.

Booknutt
04-29-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm about 2/3s through it. Really good so far.

zelig
04-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Yes I've read it. Really enjoyable read. Don't want to say more at this stage.

Anubis2347
04-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Read it and LOVED it.

Aronstg
04-30-2016, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I loved NOS4A2 so I have high hopes for this one. I'll probably try to pick up the PS S/L as well

Stockerlone
04-30-2016, 01:23 AM
Towards a bookreading event yesterday, i saw this advertisment..

Joe Hill - Locke + Key
German audible promo
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT6369.JPG

Dano
04-30-2016, 07:20 AM
It is so very good! A total slow burn with amazing character development!

Dan

pete at pspublishing
04-30-2016, 09:20 AM
THE FIREMAN is a remarkable book, very mature, very sensitive. Exciting rather than scary--and that's a good thing. However, it has quite a few "moments' particularly the descriptions of the burn-attacks.

Best wishes

Pete

pete at pspublishing
04-30-2016, 09:29 AM
In answer to Bev's question from a few postings ago:
"If you had the chance to ask Joe a question, what would it be. Questions that are more general stand a better chance in this hypothetical than very specific ones (about characters or particular events in books, for example)."

Back when he (and I, for crissakes) were getting excited about the publication of 20th CENTURY GHOSTS, were the seeds for the novels already germinating? The e-bay ghost, the kid who grows horns, Christmasland, even Locke and Key . . . and now, of course, this plague of burning people. It's something I've often thought about: when we're all of us running around whooping it up for Steve's new book and Joe's new book, what is there waiting in the wings that we know nothing about? Very exciting. Enjoy your weekend, folks! Best wishes -- Pete

terrier91
05-01-2016, 02:08 PM
THE FIREMAN is a remarkable book, very mature, very sensitive. Exciting rather than scary--and that's a good thing. However, it has quite a few "moments' particularly the descriptions of the burn-attacks.

Best wishes

Pete

It really is something special. I'm a little over halfway through it and it's been quite some time since I've been this wrapped up emotionally in a book. I'm actually finding myself pissed off at some of the happenings (no spoilers) in the book.

dnemec
05-01-2016, 03:12 PM
OK guys, got a problem. I am talking to a book seller in the UK about a Horns proof. Thing is, he sent me pictures and instead of looking like the 1st/1st I just bought which is what I expected:

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/dez%20books/Horns%20UK%20signed%201.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/dez%20books/Horns%20UK%20signed%201.jpg.html)

It looks like this:
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/Dezs%20Other%20Stuff/HORNS%20F-2.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/Dezs%20Other%20Stuff/HORNS%20F-2.jpg.html)

The back says has the same price, publishing date and ISBN as the 1st/1st I just bought.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/Dezs%20Other%20Stuff/HORNS%20B-2.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/Dezs%20Other%20Stuff/HORNS%20B-2.jpg.html)

So...what am I looking at? I swear I'd seen a proof that looks like the 1st, or am I making things up and is this the only proof?

Thanks for the help!

becca69
05-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Maybe it's an earlier proof?

sharki69
05-01-2016, 03:35 PM
OK guys, got a problem. I am talking to a book seller in the UK about a Horns proof. Thing is, he sent me pictures and instead of looking like the 1st/1st I just bought which is what I expected:

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/dez%20books/Horns%20UK%20signed%201.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/dez%20books/Horns%20UK%20signed%201.jpg.html)

It looks like this:
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/Dezs%20Other%20Stuff/HORNS%20F-2.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/Dezs%20Other%20Stuff/HORNS%20F-2.jpg.html)

The back says has the same price, publishing date and ISBN as the 1st/1st I just bought.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg592/TacCommE21/Dezs%20Other%20Stuff/HORNS%20B-2.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TacCommE21/media/Dezs%20Other%20Stuff/HORNS%20B-2.jpg.html)

So...what am I looking at? I swear I'd seen a proof that looks like the 1st, or am I making things up and is this the only proof?

Thanks for the help!

I have copy of this proof. It's early version of the U.K. Book

What price you've been quoted ?

zelig
05-01-2016, 03:47 PM
That's what my U.K. Horns proof looks like (the 2nd picture.) I've never seen one with the trade cover art. Does anyone know if one exists? I don't think so.

dnemec
05-01-2016, 03:49 PM

It looks like this:

Thanks for the help!

I have copy of this proof. It's early version of the U.K. Book

What price you've been quoted ?

$55.19 including shipping. Do you know what it is? Possibly the 1st state proof like Becca suggested?

dnemec
05-01-2016, 03:51 PM
That's what my U.K. Horns proof looks like (the 2nd picture.) I've never seen one with the trade cover art. Does anyone know if one exists? I don't think so.

I swear I had seen one somewhere, but I could just be on Joe Hill overload. I do find it odd that all my other Hill proofs look like the trade cover art, and I think I'm only down to 1 needed.

Cwalker
05-01-2016, 04:04 PM

I swear I had seen one somewhere, but I could just be on Joe Hill overload. I do find it odd that all my other Hill proofs look like the trade cover art, and I think I'm only down to 1 needed.

I know you know your stuff, and I feel a little silly suggesting this, but I just looked up a Horns proof on ABE and it showed up with a proof description, but the 1/1 cover. Then I realized it was a "stock image" that I guess ABE provides for all listings of a particular title. Maybe that is what you saw? (combined with your JH overload, it could happen!)

dnemec
05-01-2016, 04:09 PM

I know you know your stuff, and I feel a little silly suggesting this, but I just looked up a Horns proof on ABE and it showed up with a proof description, but the 1/1 cover. Then I realized it was a "stock image" that I guess ABE provides for all listings of a particular title. Maybe that is what you saw? (combined with your JH overload, it could happen!)

That's the one I'm looking at buying. I asked to see some actual pics, and that's what I got back. But you're right - I am on JH overload. But my, how my collection has expanded this year!

Cwalker
05-01-2016, 04:19 PM

That's the one I'm looking at buying. I asked to see some actual pics, and that's what I got back. But you're right - I am on JH overload. But my, how my collection has expanded this year!

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, right, whatever....
:) :)

I now have to hide my "keeping up with Dez" list. The last time Julie saw it she almost fainted!!
:)

Bev Vincent
05-01-2016, 05:10 PM
In answer to Bev's question from a few postings ago:
"If you had the chance to ask Joe a question, what would it be. Questions that are more general stand a better chance in this hypothetical than very specific ones (about characters or particular events in books, for example)."

Back when he (and I, for crissakes) were getting excited about the publication of 20th CENTURY GHOSTS, were the seeds for the novels already germinating? The e-bay ghost, the kid who grows horns, Christmasland, even Locke and Key . . . and now, of course, this plague of burning people. It's something I've often thought about: when we're all of us running around whooping it up for Steve's new book and Joe's new book, what is there waiting in the wings that we know nothing about? Very exciting. Enjoy your weekend, folks! Best wishes -- Pete

In my interview with him, which will be in the next issue of CD, he told me his plans/hopes for his next two books.

dnemec
05-01-2016, 05:16 PM

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, right, whatever....
:) :)

I now have to hide my "keeping up with Dez" list. The last time Julie saw it she almost fainted!!
:)

She should be glad you aren't trying to keep up with some of these other people! :P

Johnny Alien
05-03-2016, 05:57 AM
I am still trying to find a 1st/1st US trade Paperback for Heart Shaped Box. The TP is all over eBay but there is never descriptions on printings. Can anyone help me out?

Surely someone here can help me out. :)

MarcoL
05-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Anyone going to one of the UK events? I'm considering going to Liverpool/Manchester events just like I did on the NOS4R2 tour. Would love to meet fellow boardies!

Anubis2347
05-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Has anyone been able to get their hands on the Camp Wyndham postcard Gollancz put out to promote The Fireman?

jonp
05-04-2016, 11:03 AM
I will probably be going to the Birmingham signing.

jonp
05-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Has anyone been able to get their hands on the Camp Wyndham postcard Gollancz put out to promote The Fireman?

Yes, I have one.

swintek
05-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Hey all,

I think I'm finally going to tackle reading Locke & Key, which I've been avoiding for various reasons. But, I really need some help choosing an edition. I'm a comic book guy, read Previews every month, and I am absolutely lost as to what the best option for a collected edition is now. There has simply been too many. I don't want anything expensive, but I do want hardcover(s). Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

Ron

Booknutt
05-04-2016, 11:44 AM
The original IDW hardcovers should do you fine if you want hardcovers. Not sure if they're all still in print though.

frik
05-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Hey all,

I think I'm finally going to tackle reading Locke & Key, which I've been avoiding for various reasons. But, I really need some help choosing an edition. I'm a comic book guy, read Previews every month, and I am absolutely lost as to what the best option for a collected edition is now. There has simply been too many. I don't want anything expensive, but I do want hardcover(s). Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

Ron

This would be my choice! I'm even tempted to buy these myself, although i already have the original hardcovers.

http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Master-Hc/dp/1631402242/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462391284&sr=8-1&keywords=locke+%26+key+master+edition

sk

Booknutt
05-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Have they finished the master edition versions though?

craigobau
05-04-2016, 12:52 PM
I'll probably go to the London signing.

ELazansky
05-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Hey all,

Thanks!

Ron

I know you say you want hardcovers, but you can get the slipcased set of Paperbacks from Amazon for $61. Probably the best price for the whole set. The hardcovers will cost more if you can find them.

cit74
05-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Hey all,

Thanks!

Ron

I know you say you want hardcovers, but you can get the slipcased set of Paperbacks from Amazon for $61. Probably the best price for the whole set. The hardcovers will cost more if you can find them.

I haven't searched for the hardcovers in awhile - my favorite version - if you can find them for a reasonable price - I got all mine before last tour (to get some signed) - and they were reasonable back then. Go for the Amazon set to read and then maybe find a decent HC set down the road

ruderabbit
05-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Hey all,

Thanks!

Ron

I just purchased this: http://www.bookdepository.com/Locke--Key-Volume-1-Gabriel-Rodriguez-Joe-Hill/9781631402241?ref=grid-view

They also ahve book 2 at a similar price, with an option to pre-order book 3.

Free shipping

Randall Flagg
05-05-2016, 11:19 AM
22 days until the Petaluma (San Francisco) event!

Cwalker
05-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Would I seem too smart-alecky if I said only 11 days till the Portsmouth event? :)

Lovejoygirl14
05-05-2016, 11:44 AM
MY BROTHER AND I WILL BE IN PETALUMA (: he lives in Santa Rosa so there is my free crash pad for the night HURRY UP MAY 27!!!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Just purchased my ticket for the London event. :rock::excited:

zelig
05-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Planning on being at the San Diego event on the 26th. If any other members will be there let me know.

Beverly Marsh
05-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Hey all,

Thanks!

Ron

I did this as well. I originally wanted hardcovers but went with this. It's actually a nice little set.

Beverly Marsh
05-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Would I seem too smart-alecky if I said only 11 days till the Portsmouth event? :)

No, because I'll be there too! :excited:

swintek
05-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Hey all,

Thanks!

Ron

I just purchased this: http://www.bookdepository.com/Locke--Key-Volume-1-Gabriel-Rodriguez-Joe-Hill/9781631402241?ref=grid-view

Free shipping

Thanks all. Note, Ruderabbit: that link isn't working for me, but I imagine that you're talking about the Master Edition series? That's actually the set I'm thinking about. Are there any worthy extras? I mean, in addition to the regular hardcovers? Is it a larger format or something?

Ron

Beverly Marsh
05-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Hey all,

Thanks!

Ron

Free shipping

Thanks all. Note, Ruderabbit: that link isn't working for me, but I imagine that you're talking about the Master Edition series? That's actually the set I'm thinking about. Are there any worthy extras? I mean, in addition to the regular hardcovers? Is it a larger format or something?

Ron

Oh and I forgot to say in my earlier post to get on with reading this! lol. A few pages back I stated that I was also reading it for the first time. Don't know why I put it off as well because I LOVE all of his novels. I think you'll be very happy you decided to tackle it.
I just purchased the Deluxe Cape as I haven't read that one yet. Absolutely cannot wait for Tales From the Darkside!

CyberGhostface
05-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Hey all,

Thanks!

Ron

Free shipping

Ron

I think in terms of extras the Subterranean hardcovers came with the scripts. The Master Editions are according to a review on Amazon only slightly wider/taller than the original hardcovers (so nothing like the 'Absolute Sandman' or anything) and don't come with any features not present in the original ones.

swintek
05-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Beverly Marsh: Yep, I'm a huge fan and am very late to the comic. To be honest, I bought the first hardcover (since given away).. and I couldn't get past the art, which I found too cartoon-y. I know Joe raves about Gabe's art all the time, so what do I know? I'm just more of a gritty, or stylized comic art fan. But, I can no longer let that stop me from reading it, and who knows- maybe it'll grow on me.

CyberGhostFace: Thanks for the info on that. I'm ok with spending around $100 for a complete set of books- I just want to make sure it's the best set for the $, so it sounds like the Master Editions (@ 3 X $32 at amazon) may be the set. As my eyesight seems to get worse every day- I appreciate any larger format!

Ron

Kingfan24
05-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Some of these are prelims for the lettered edition artwork from IDW (the ones in pencil). The ones in pen are the original chapter illustrations. The last (and my favorite piece) is the original for the scene where victoria meets Maggie. Thought it was appropriate for my library!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/769/medium/IMG_4850.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4856.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4857.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4858.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4859.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/769/medium/IMG_4860.jpg

bdwyer19
05-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Those look great Nick!!

Brian James Freeman
05-06-2016, 06:48 AM
In my interview with him, which will be in the next issue of CD, he told me his plans/hopes for his next two books.

Oh yeah, where he talked about [Redacted] and then [Redacted], wow... folks are going to be thrilled! :thumbsup:

Brian

sharki69
05-06-2016, 07:09 AM
Nick that is AWESOME ! congrats !!

dnemec
05-06-2016, 07:41 AM

Oh yeah, where he talked about [Redacted] and then [Redacted], wow... folks are going to be thrilled! :thumbsup:

Brian

YOU SUCK, BRIAN!!!!!!!! :P

sharki69
05-06-2016, 08:26 AM
I have extra copy of the Fireman ARC (2nd state) if someone is interested, PM me.

Thanks

zelig
05-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Hardcover copies are already showing up on eBay before the official publication date.

mikeC
05-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Is the Joe Hill special mag going to be published summer or fall?

Brian James Freeman
05-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Is the Joe Hill special mag going to be published summer or fall?

Summer!

MarcoL
05-07-2016, 12:09 AM
I have extra copy of the Fireman ARC (2nd state) if someone is interested, PM me.

Thanks
PM sent

herbertwest
05-07-2016, 12:54 AM
UK Tour :
http://www.gollancz.co.uk/2016/05/joe-hill-and-the-fireman-are-coming-to-the-uk/

http://www.gollancz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Bookshop-Tour-Banner.jpg
http://www.gollancz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/image003.jpg

jonp
05-07-2016, 02:50 AM
I've bought myself a ticket to the UK Birmingham event. Thinking of attending the Nottingham event as well. Anyone else going to these?

T-Dogz_AK47
05-07-2016, 04:11 AM
I'm going to the London event. :smile:

jonp
05-07-2016, 04:28 AM
I would have liked to have gone to that one. Have a great time, Tim.

Booknutt
05-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Anybody interested in/need an ARC of Heart Shaped Box?

terrier91
05-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Just finished The Fireman.... It is SOOOO good!

herbertwest
05-07-2016, 01:12 PM
I have a NOSFERA2 ARC to part with

T-Dogz_AK47
05-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Anybody interested in/need an ARC of Heart Shaped Box?

I have a NOSFERA2 ARC to part with

These should be posted over on the classifieds thread, not here.

Patrick
05-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Last poking forward to the May 27th event in the Bay Area. I need to find a proof/ARC before then...

Br!an
05-07-2016, 02:37 PM
This probably shouldn't be turned into a classified thread, but I don't really see a problem.

ELazansky
05-07-2016, 02:46 PM
This probably shouldn't be turned into a classified thread, but I don't really see a problem.

Same here. We mention Hill books for sale/trade here all the time. Same in the Gaiman thread. I don't see it being a big deal.

Randall Flagg
05-08-2016, 05:31 AM
MY BROTHER AND I WILL BE IN PETALUMA (: he lives in Santa Rosa so there is my free crash pad for the night HURRY UP MAY 27!!!
Sounds like we will have 8+ members and guests for the event.
Looking for a place to meet prior to the event.
Considering Taps Beer Co. & Kitchen. It's a 4 minute walk from Copperfields.
More info to follow.

Aronstg
05-08-2016, 09:42 AM
I'm beyond excited for this. He is going to be in Phoenix on my birthday and I've always wanted a signed and dated book on my birthday. Hopefully he will do personalizations and dating.

CyberGhostface
05-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Some of these are prelims for the lettered edition artwork from IDW (the ones in pencil). The ones in pen are the original chapter illustrations. The last (and my favorite piece) is the original for the scene where victoria meets Maggie. Thought it was appropriate for my library!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/769/medium/IMG_4850.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4856.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4857.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4858.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4859.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/769/medium/IMG_4860.jpg

Those are neat. I would have liked to get that edition but I already had the previous one.

Aronstg
05-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know what the value would be of the 1st printing of Pop Art would be? I can't seem to find anything on the internet as far as sales or even any copies being offered for sale (heck I can't even find a picture).

SystemCrashOverRide
05-08-2016, 02:30 PM
First printing of pop art was in a book of Jewish short fiction, wasn't it?

ELazansky
05-08-2016, 02:32 PM
First printing of pop art was in a book of Jewish short fiction, wasn't it?

Correct - Pop Art originally appeared in 2001's With Signs and Wonders:

http://www.amazon.com/With-Signs-Wonders-International-Anthology/dp/1931229309

Aronstg
05-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Apparently I received some wrong information.. so the new question.

What is the aprox value of a Sub Press Lettered Pop Art? :)

ELazansky
05-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Apparently I received some wrong information.. so the new question.

I paid 125 for my numbered edition a while back, so I'd say the lettered might be close to 200-250? I think someone here either bought or sold a lettered recently.

Aronstg
05-08-2016, 05:22 PM

I paid 125 for my numbered edition a while back, so I'd say the lettered might be close to 200-250? I think someone here either bought or sold a lettered recently.

Thanks for the info. Someone was selling one for $750. I told him that I didn't value the book that high but I figured I would ask in case I was way off base.

I'd love to know what someone recently bought or sold one for.

cit74
05-08-2016, 07:04 PM
I think I've seen them sold for as little as $300-400 - but not much cheaper than that. I thought someone on the forum sold one recently - so you might check some older posts

ELazansky
05-09-2016, 02:07 AM

Thanks for the info. Someone was selling one for $750. I told him that I didn't value the book that high but I figured I would ask in case I was way off base.

Search the completed listings on eBay. Looks like a lettered sold in March for $250

RC65
05-09-2016, 07:42 AM
Newest glowing review:

http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/book-review-fireman-joe-hill/

"The Fireman is a massive achievement in modern genre fiction, a throwback to the 1980s world of doorstop horror novels yet handled with a delicacy and flair that elevates it above anything else being produced within the genre today. Hill’s prose smoulders throughout, indulging and horrifying the reader and driving the narrative through a world rapidly turning to ash and cinders around them. Hill’s writing has reached an epic scale without losing any of the personal touches that made his earlier work such a joy to behold."

Aronstg
05-09-2016, 08:28 AM

Search the completed listings on eBay. Looks like a lettered sold in March for $250

Thanks much!!

zelig
05-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Anyone know if signed UK copies of The Fireman without the red edges are being offered anywhere?

T-Dogz_AK47
05-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Anyone know if signed UK copies of The Fireman without the red edges are being offered anywhere?

What are the red edges?

jonp
05-09-2016, 10:39 AM

Yes, signed first editions from the UK signings. Did you want one, Paul?

zelig
05-09-2016, 10:41 AM

Yes thanks Jon! The completist in me wants signed copies both with and without the red. I'm going to end up with a ridiculous amount of copies of the same book, but oh well.

zelig
05-09-2016, 10:42 AM

What are the red edges?

Check up thread. There was a post about it. Some sellers were offering copies with the page edges painted red.

jonp
05-09-2016, 10:51 AM

Yes thanks Jon! The completist in me wants signed copies both with and without the red. I'm going to end up with a ridiculous amount of copies of the same book, but oh well.

I'll add it to the list. I think with all the copies I'm expecting I'll have to have a whole shelf just for the Fireman.

wolfehr
05-09-2016, 11:05 AM
IDW Entertainment To Bring Locke & Key To Television (http://www.idwpublishing.com/idw-entertainment-to-bring-locke-key-television/)

Randall Flagg
05-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Can't you just take one with you to JH's appearance near you?

jonp
05-09-2016, 12:18 PM

The U.K. Fireman doesn't get released until 7th June.

zelig
05-09-2016, 12:30 PM

Thought of that, but what Jon said. Timing is off.

RichardX
05-09-2016, 03:52 PM
I have Joe Hill book promotion exhaustion. It seems like we have been waiting on this one forever.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-09-2016, 08:47 PM

Actually guys, the UK edition of The Fireman is published on 17th May. :smile:

http://www.foyles.co.uk/witem/fiction-poetry/the-fireman,joe-hill-9780575130715 (http://www.foyles.co.uk/witem/fiction-poetry/the-fireman,joe-hill-9780575130715)

somekindofstranger
05-10-2016, 12:19 AM

http://www.foyles.co.uk/witem/fiction-poetry/the-fireman,joe-hill-9780575130715 (http://www.foyles.co.uk/witem/fiction-poetry/the-fireman,joe-hill-9780575130715)

odd. Goldsboro Books, amazon, waterstones and bookdepository all have 7th June listed.

The Library Policeman
05-10-2016, 02:37 AM
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/kingpix/Mobile%20Uploads/63CE6DA6-402B-4D5F-8D00-12AC3D0D34E0_zpsmfqk67kc.jpg (http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/kingpix/media/Mobile%20Uploads/63CE6DA6-402B-4D5F-8D00-12AC3D0D34E0_zpsmfqk67kc.jpg.html)

Never been to see Joe before. Looking forward to it :)

Beverly Marsh
05-10-2016, 06:50 AM
I'm beyond excited for this. He is going to be in Phoenix on my birthday and I've always wanted a signed and dated book on my birthday. Hopefully he will do personalizations and dating.

That's awesome Aron! I bet he will and you should ask for one of his famous doodles for your b-day.

Beverly Marsh
05-10-2016, 07:01 AM
Sigh. I know this is a fruitless effort and yes I posted in the Wanted thread but if anyone has an extra NOS4A2 promo Christmas card they would like to sell please let me know. I have been looking for months and pretty much ready to throw the towel in but hey can't hurt to try everything :) I even wrote to Harper Collins! Never did hear back though. lol

terrier91
05-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Starting to get excited for next week. I have my travel booked, my remarques started (doing a set of all four novels) and I'm ready for DC on the 19th. I'll only be there for one day, so I have to carry all of my books around with me while sight seeing. I built a storage box out of foam core to go down into a backpack to protect my books (along with Shac's proofs). I'm an even bigger fan of Joe than I am of his dad, I'm pumped for this event.

zelig
05-10-2016, 01:30 PM

odd. Goldsboro Books, amazon, waterstones and bookdepository all have 7th June listed.

The Gollancz website also shows publication date of June 7th. Could be an error on the Foyles site.

WeDealInLead
05-10-2016, 02:39 PM
If a kind soul can get me an inscribed and dated book, I'd be forever in their debt. Plus there's money.

SystemCrashOverRide
05-10-2016, 07:32 PM
If a kind soul can get me an inscribed and dated book, I'd be forever in their debt. Plus there's money.

Can't you order that from waterstreet?

cit74
05-10-2016, 08:46 PM

Can probably get it from mysterious galaxy as well; but I ordered my inscribed copy from waterstreet

jonp
05-11-2016, 02:33 AM

The Gollancz website also shows publication date of June 7th. Could be an error on the Foyles site.

May 17th was the original release date and then it was put back. I think Foyles just haven't updated their site. The UK proofs have a sticker with the new date over the old date.

Lookwhoitis
05-11-2016, 03:21 AM

Waterstreets cut off was yesterday 5/10

MarcoL
05-11-2016, 03:25 AM
Booked planetickets, traintickets and a hotel so I'm all set to go to the Liverpool and Manchester signings/events on the 8th June. It'd be nice to meet some fellow boardies, so I'd love to hear from you if you're going to one of these.

Br!an
05-11-2016, 03:36 AM

Waterstreets cut off was yesterday 5/10

They still have flatsigned but not personalized.

ELazansky
05-11-2016, 06:52 AM
Oh boy....this will be a sought after item -- https://www.instagram.com/p/BFRVxS2Sch_/

dnemec
05-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Oh boy....this will be a sought after item -- https://www.instagram.com/p/BFRVxS2Sch_/

You're right. WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited:

SystemCrashOverRide
05-11-2016, 07:04 AM
Probably exclusive tour giveaways. Those will be hard to get I'll bet.

terrier91
05-11-2016, 08:28 AM
I'll see if I can get a couple extra for people on here.

Brian James Freeman
05-11-2016, 10:00 AM
For those who pre-ordered the signed copies through the Cemetery Dance online store, here are two photos I took real quick using an early copy the publisher sent us. I know a lot of people were curious about the bookplate and what it might look like:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/JoeHillTheFireman01.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/JoeHillTheFireman02.jpg

Brian

Beverly Marsh
05-11-2016, 10:02 AM
saw this today! I hope he's giving them out on the tour!

Edit: If I also end up with an extra I'd be happy to share.

Beverly Marsh
05-11-2016, 10:03 AM
For those who pre-ordered the signed copies through the Cemetery Dance online store, here are two photos I took real quick using an early copy the publisher sent us. I know a lot of people were curious about the bookplate and what it might look like:

Brian

Love the silver on it. looks great! Thanks for sharing Brian!

mikeC
05-11-2016, 10:26 AM

That's pretty cool but
I really want the tshirt

Aronstg
05-11-2016, 10:33 AM

I will also try my best to get extras. Not sure how these will be handled.

dnemec
05-11-2016, 10:36 AM

Brian

Nice, Brian! But now I am thinking perhaps I should've ordered one from you...

Dammit. :doh:

Brian James Freeman
05-11-2016, 10:42 AM

Brian

I think we will have about 25 extras when all is said in done. We didn't sell every copy we could just in case someone's package is damaged in transit. If you email Mindy at order@cemeterydance.com, she could place a manual order for you if you want one!

Brian

zelig
05-11-2016, 11:03 AM
Really like the bookplate. Happy I ordered one.

I will also try to pick up extra promo items that may be at the signing.

Aronstg
05-11-2016, 11:23 AM

Brian

I think we will have about 25 extras when all is said in done. We didn't sell every copy we could just in case someone's package is damaged in transit. If you email Mindy at order@cemeterydance.com, she could place a manual order for you if you want one!

Brian

I sent an email to Mindy about the slipcases. Hopefully you will have a few extras of them and I get a chance to order one of them.

I think that bookplate looks awesome!

Brian James Freeman
05-11-2016, 11:27 AM

Brian

Brian

I sent an email to Mindy about the slipcases. Hopefully you will have a few extras of them and I get a chance to order one of them.

I think that bookplate looks awesome!

We actually are taking one last round of orders for the slipcase before setting the run with our slipcase maker next week!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CASES044

Brian

Beverly Marsh
05-11-2016, 11:47 AM

That's pretty cool but
I really want the tshirt

:drool: The hunt really never ends does it?

Aronstg
05-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Thanks so much Brian!! I desperately needed one of these. Great idea of opening that up again one last time!

Brian James Freeman
05-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Thanks so much Brian!! I desperately needed one of these. Great idea of opening that up again one last time!

I figure everyone has a better idea now if they might be going to a signing or getting a signed copy from somewhere, so while we have a few days left before the total run needs to be entered into the specs, why not offer it one more time!

Brian

RC65
05-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Well, well, well -- looks whose day has just been made Big Time: :coo3l:

Hi

You are one of the three lucky winners to get a signed copy of The Fireman by Joe Hill. You can decide if you want him to personalize it for you or just sign it. I will need to know by no later than Friday May 13 how you want him to do it. Then he will be signing it later in May and then the book will be shipped to you.

Congratulations!
Lilja / Lilja’s Library

terrier91
05-11-2016, 01:28 PM

Hi

You are one of the three lucky winners to get a signed copy of The Fireman by Joe Hill. You can decide if you want him to personalize it for you or just sign it. I will need to know by no later than Friday May 13 how you want him to do it. Then he will be signing it later in May and then the book will be shipped to you.

Congratulations!
Lilja / Lilja’s Library

Congrats man!!

RichardX
05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Some guy keeps knocking on my door. Says his name is Joe Hill and I have some unsigned books in my basement he has to sign. Very weird.

zelig
05-11-2016, 02:29 PM

Hi

Congratulations!
Lilja / Lilja’s Library

Nice! Congratulations.

Ricky
05-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Cool promo item. Hope everyone gets one on the tour stops!

RC65
05-11-2016, 02:39 PM

I probably should have saved the devils horns I got on his HORNS tour...no idea where they are now.

Still a bit po'd that I missed out on the Christmasland coffee mug...*that* would have a been a nice Hill choctskie to have.

Ricky
05-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I remember the devil horns so I was wondering if there'd be a "Fireman"-themed promo item for this tour. I don't know if I've ever seen the Christmasland mug, though. :orely:

Beverly Marsh
05-11-2016, 03:02 PM

Hi

Congratulations!
Lilja / Lilja’s Library

Congratulations!

Beverly Marsh
05-11-2016, 03:06 PM

I probably should have saved the devils horns I got on his HORNS tour...no idea where they are now.

Still a bit po'd that I missed out on the Christmasland coffee mug...*that* would have a been a nice Hill choctskie to have.

There's a set of Horns on EBay for $99. Lol
FYI: I saw Israel Skelton(as in Skelton Crew)about a month ago at a convention in Bangor and he had some mugs left that he was selling at his booth. They're numbered and I went ahead and bought one. I don't think he sold out as this was a pretty small con. Might not hurt to shoot him an email and see if he has any available......

RC65
05-11-2016, 03:35 PM

There's a set of Horns on EBay for $99. Lol
FYI: I saw Israel Skelton(as in Skelton Crew)about a month ago at a convention in Bangor and he had some mugs left that he was selling at his booth. They're numbered and I went ahead and bought one. I don't think he sold out as this was a pretty small con. Might not hurt to shoot him an email and see if he has any available......

Thanks -- I did send him an email a while back, and was told it was sold out and none remained. I'm positive I sent it more than a month ago -- maybe close to two months ago -- so not sure why he told me that if he was still actively selling at the time. :angry: Oh well, my own fault: I had a chance to pre-order one and I passed...no use crying over spilled milk now.

RC65
05-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I remember the devil horns so I was wondering if there'd be a "Fireman"-themed promo item for this tour. I don't know if I've ever seen the Christmasland mug, though. :orely:

http://images.bigcartel.com/product_images/167348635/ChristmasLand-Mug-book2-skull_face-on_(2).jpg?fit=max&h=1000&w=1000

RC65
05-11-2016, 03:37 PM

Hi

Congratulations!
Lilja / Lilja’s Library

Congratulations!

Thanks for the congrats, Beverly and others.

jsteltor
05-11-2016, 07:35 PM
I'm accepting offers (PayPal or trade) for The Fireman ARC that includes the promo letter. The only fault with this copy is that the back cover was bent either during shipping or packing. PM me with questions or offers.

See images below:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Fireman-ARC.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Fireman-promoletter.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Fireman-coverbend.jpg

Thanks,
Jon

frik
05-11-2016, 07:42 PM

Hi

Congratulations!
Lilja / Lilja’s Library

Excellent: congratulations!!!

sk

wolfehr
05-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Joe Hill’s Terrifying Scripts For Tales From The Darkside Collected: Read The Master Writer’s Work Firsthand! (http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=5792cac24346d164eb0cf6ad2&id=e7538ff31f&e=a97e7ae645)

San Diego, CA (May 12th, 2016) – World Fantasy, International Horror Guild, and Bram Stoker Award-winning author Joe Hill turns his attention to a legend—Tales From The Darkside.

Originally planned as a reboot for the storied series, Hill’s scripts for these never-broadcast television episodes allow the New York Times bestselling author to stretch his creative muscles, his effortless mastery of the twisted subject matter injecting new terrors into this silver screen legend.

Joining Hill in resurrecting this classic is Charles Paul Wilson III, known to many Joe Hill fans as the artist responsible for the nightmare vision made real in their most recent collaboration, Wraith, a graphic novel prequel to the Hill’s bestselling book N0S4A2. In Tales From The Darkside, Wilson’s tack-sharp interpretation of Hill’s vision is on display in a series of illustrations accompanying the scripts.

“When I was offered a chance to reinvent Tales from the Darkside, I leapt,” said Hill. “This was a landmark show for my generation: our Twilight Zone, our Outer Limits. Right away, I wanted to do something that honored the spirit of the original Darkside... and at the same time I wanted to go bigger, to do something fresh, something with scope. In the end I wrote three scripts and sketched a vision for a whole Darkside universe. I envisioned a series of individual horror stories that would, ultimately, turn out to be connected by a single mythology. I really wanted to do something with the scale of Locke & Key. TV is tough and in the end we didn't quite make it to the little screen. But it's a delight and a thrill to share the scripts alongside Charles Paul Wilson's beautifully sick illustrations. Here's the show that could've been, now playing in your imagination.”

“Working with Joe and Charles is always a pleasure. I mean, what we create is terrifying—why else would you pair the two together—but the results are never short of exemplary,” said project editor Justin Eisinger. “And this exploration of an alternate TFTD television universe that could have been… well, if you’re a fan of horror anthologies this is one you do not want to miss.”

First created by George A. Romero, Tales From The Darkside offered a grim but compelling anthology-style series. Hill’s scripts for the unaired reboot of the series will debut in the eponymous comic series beginning this June, but fans looking for more raw Hill, this new scriptbook provides a unique glimpse into the creative process, and a look at what could have been.

Look for Tales From The Darkside: Scripts by Joe Hill wherever books are sold this October.

Hardcover • ISBN: 978-1-63140-725-3

Aronstg
05-12-2016, 10:01 AM
I asked in the wanted thread but figured I would ask here.

Anyone willing to sell me a Uk 1st/1st NOS4R2 in NF+ condition?

Thanks

bdwyer19
05-12-2016, 10:45 AM

Hi

Congratulations!
Lilja / Lilja’s Library

That's awesome! Congrats!

mikeC
05-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Joe Hill’s Terrifying Scripts For Tales From The Darkside Collected: Read The Master Writer’s Work Firsthand! (http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=5792cac24346d164eb0cf6ad2&id=e7538ff31f&e=a97e7ae645)

Here is a great interview and some artwork about this and the series:

http://www.fangoria.com/new/exclusive-announcement-qa-joe-hill-idw-publishing-team-for-tales-from-the-darkside-scriptbook/

Sounds kind of cool. It's a shame there's a lack in anthology shows. Black Mirror is awesome but I need more.

mikeC
05-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Oh missed this the first read!

"I’ve got another book coming out next year, probably in the fall, called STRANGE WEATHER. It’s going to be a collection of novellas, and three of those novellas will be previously unpublished. Another one of the novellas will be “Snapshot 1988,” and that will appear in this summer’s issue of Cemetery Dance Magazine."

racerx45
05-12-2016, 12:54 PM
I am going to be at the NYC event on the 18th. Is anyone else here going?

zelig
05-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Looks like the Books-A-Million signed The Fireman have started to ship.

terrier91
05-12-2016, 02:30 PM

I got one from B&N.

ruderabbit
05-12-2016, 04:13 PM

Sweet. Also picked up B&N, Waterstones, and the varied UK sellers. I may have over done it a bit.

If it was advertised as limited..it was a sale.

Beverly Marsh
05-13-2016, 07:15 AM

San Diego, CA (May 12th, 2016) – World Fantasy, International Horror Guild, and Bram Stoker Award-winning author Joe Hill turns his attention to a legend—Tales From The Darkside.

Originally planned as a reboot for the storied series, Hill’s scripts for these never-broadcast television episodes allow the New York Times bestselling author to stretch his creative muscles, his effortless mastery of the twisted subject matter injecting new terrors into this silver screen legend.

Joining Hill in resurrecting this classic is Charles Paul Wilson III, known to many Joe Hill fans as the artist responsible for the nightmare vision made real in their most recent collaboration, Wraith, a graphic novel prequel to the Hill’s bestselling book N0S4A2. In Tales From The Darkside, Wilson’s tack-sharp interpretation of Hill’s vision is on display in a series of illustrations accompanying the scripts.

“When I was offered a chance to reinvent Tales from the Darkside, I leapt,” said Hill. “This was a landmark show for my generation: our Twilight Zone, our Outer Limits. Right away, I wanted to do something that honored the spirit of the original Darkside... and at the same time I wanted to go bigger, to do something fresh, something with scope. In the end I wrote three scripts and sketched a vision for a whole Darkside universe. I envisioned a series of individual horror stories that would, ultimately, turn out to be connected by a single mythology. I really wanted to do something with the scale of Locke & Key. TV is tough and in the end we didn't quite make it to the little screen. But it's a delight and a thrill to share the scripts alongside Charles Paul Wilson's beautifully sick illustrations. Here's the show that could've been, now playing in your imagination.”

“Working with Joe and Charles is always a pleasure. I mean, what we create is terrifying—why else would you pair the two together—but the results are never short of exemplary,” said project editor Justin Eisinger. “And this exploration of an alternate TFTD television universe that could have been… well, if you’re a fan of horror anthologies this is one you do not want to miss.”

First created by George A. Romero, Tales From The Darkside offered a grim but compelling anthology-style series. Hill’s scripts for the unaired reboot of the series will debut in the eponymous comic series beginning this June, but fans looking for more raw Hill, this new scriptbook provides a unique glimpse into the creative process, and a look at what could have been.

Look for Tales From The Darkside: Scripts by Joe Hill wherever books are sold this October.

Hardcover • ISBN: 978-1-63140-725-3
I have both regular and variants pre ordered though SK Catalog and this will be a definite must have as well! Wish it was a pre order, I don't want to forget about it come October!

Beverly Marsh
05-13-2016, 07:21 AM
Oh missed this the first read!

"I’ve got another book coming out next year, probably in the fall, called STRANGE WEATHER. It’s going to be a collection of novellas, and three of those novellas will be previously unpublished. Another one of the novellas will be “Snapshot 1988,” and that will appear in this summer’s issue of Cemetery Dance Magazine."

Awesome news!

Randall Flagg
05-13-2016, 07:30 AM
Two weeks and counting...

Beverly Marsh
05-13-2016, 10:37 AM

3.5 days and counting....:belial:

Cwalker
05-13-2016, 12:42 PM

3.5 days and counting....:belial:

I'll save you a parking space..... :)

Randall Flagg
05-15-2016, 03:03 PM
I need someone who has read the book to contact me. I have a couple of questions (I haven't read it yet) that I'd appreciate someone answering in private.

TIA

J

terrier91
05-15-2016, 03:09 PM
Message sent.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Bev Vincent
05-15-2016, 03:58 PM
I need someone who has read the book to contact me. I have a couple of questions (I haven't read it yet) that I'd appreciate someone answering in private.

TIA

J

Fire away

Cwalker
05-16-2016, 08:17 AM
Heading down for the Portsmouth event now. Will try to get pics and impressions out tonight or first thing tomorrow.
Drive careful to all headed that way!

Chris

terrier91
05-16-2016, 08:22 AM
Safe travels. Have a blast!

Bev Vincent
05-16-2016, 08:26 AM
My featured review of The Fireman is now up at Cemetery Dance Online (http://cemeterydanceonline.com/2016/05/featured-review-the-fireman-by-joe-hill/)

webstar1000
05-16-2016, 08:33 AM
My featured review of The Fireman is now up at Cemetery Dance Online (http://cemeterydanceonline.com/2016/05/featured-review-the-fireman-by-joe-hill/)

I have not read a Hill book yet but after I read your review... I am very interested... You liked it a lot by the sounds of it!

zelig
05-16-2016, 08:38 AM

Great review Bev. Makes me want to read the book again. And I completely missed some of those references you mentioned.

Bev Vincent
05-16-2016, 08:41 AM

I have not read a Hill book yet but after I read your review... I am very interested... You liked it a lot by the sounds of it!

I did -- and I had a blast talking to Joe about it for the interview I did with him for CD #74/75

zelig
05-16-2016, 09:41 AM
This just arrived from Water street books. Love the author photo which I hadn't seen until now. The resemblance to his dad in this one is amazing.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_7173_zpsxnjhfudx.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_7170_zpssgkiyadg.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_7172_zpswfbyjusb.jpg

terrier91
05-16-2016, 10:04 AM
This just arrived from Water street books. Love the author photo which I hadn't seen until now. The resemblance to his dad in this one is amazing.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_7173_zpsxnjhfudx.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_7170_zpssgkiyadg.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_7172_zpswfbyjusb.jpg

Bitchin'!!

jonp
05-16-2016, 10:11 AM
Congratulations, Paul. He certainly does look like his dad when he was younger.

dnemec
05-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Heading down for the Portsmouth event now. Will try to get pics and impressions out tonight or first thing tomorrow.
Drive careful to all headed that way!

Chris

hate you

Have fun!!!!!

Cwalker
05-16-2016, 11:34 AM
Just met up with Beverly Marsh (Lori) here in Portsmouth. She and some friends were in the next aisle of the same 2nd hand bookshop and heard me talking about the event tonight! :)

The shop did have a nice ARC of The Fireman for $10. And no, it wasn't me that got it.

Aronstg
05-16-2016, 12:17 PM
I'm really looking forward to people sharing their stories about this tour. Should we create a thread specific to this tour?

becca69
05-16-2016, 01:01 PM
My signed copy just showed up from Water Street. I asked for a doodle ;)
Little did I know I would be able to attend a signing this week. This will be my first Joe Hill meeting!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Book%20Collections/143B12F3-F884-4591-AC33-6D79CE9FEB2D.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/user/becca3969/media/Book%20Collections/143B12F3-F884-4591-AC33-6D79CE9FEB2D.jpg.html)

Johnny Alien
05-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Mine is flat signed but has the fire doodle and beside it he wrote "mediocre flame doodle"

terrier91
05-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Little did I know I would be able to attend a signing this week. This will be my first Joe Hill meeting!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Book%20Collections/143B12F3-F884-4591-AC33-6D79CE9FEB2D.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/user/becca3969/media/Book%20Collections/143B12F3-F884-4591-AC33-6D79CE9FEB2D.jpg.html)
When I booked my trip to DC, I cancelled my copy from Water Street. Kinda regretting that now, a little envious seeing these copies. Great inscription, by the way.

becca69
05-16-2016, 01:14 PM
Just ask him for a "horrible flame doodle" too ;)

zelig
05-16-2016, 01:18 PM
Thanks there Jon and Andy. And cool doodle & inscription Becca! Didn't know you could request that. Will have to ask for one at the signing.

becca69
05-16-2016, 01:34 PM
Does anyone (going to the DC signing) have an extra UK copy that they would like to sell?

becca69
05-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Nevermind... I guess it's not released yet.

zelig
05-16-2016, 01:55 PM
I only noticed this now. On the copyright page it lists the various US editions. I think I may break with tradition here and not get all of these. Interesting how they assigned different ISBN's for each one.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_7177_zpsyho4plxm.jpg

Ricky
05-16-2016, 02:00 PM
I'm really looking forward to people sharing their stories about this tour. Should we create a thread specific to this tour?

I'd like that. I was going back trying to find member stories from his other tours but got tired of skimming the thread. If a separate thread was created, it could just be merged into this one later.

I want a flame doodle!

Randall Flagg
05-16-2016, 04:20 PM
I'd like that. I was going back trying to find member stories from his other tours but got tired of skimming the thread. If a separate thread was created, it could just be merged into this one later.

Feel free to do so, but keep in mind that a thread created today is quirky when older posts are moved to it. In essence, the title and first post of the thread will be buried far after the older posts.

Tommy
05-16-2016, 06:12 PM

Congratulations! I asked them for a doodle too and was told that Mr. Hill is not doing them any more. My copy showed up today and no doodle.

Aronstg
05-16-2016, 07:12 PM

Feel free to do so, but keep in mind that a thread created today is quirky when older posts are moved to it. In essence, the title and first post of the thread will be buried far after the older posts.

Ahh... didn't know that. Well as long as no one minds this thread getting hijacked with signing stories. I know that I really want to hear about everyone's experience.

zelig
05-16-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm also looking forward to hearing stories and seeing pictures from the signings. It's going to be fun.

Cwalker
05-16-2016, 07:47 PM
Just got home from Portsmouth. Great event, made even better by the presence (mentioned , but staying out of sight) of both Stephen and Tabitha. Just knowing they were there for Joe made it very cool. He read an excerpt from Fireman for about 15 minuets, then was interviewed by a lady from NH Public Radio, to be aired on her show at some time. Will try to get better info on that tomorrow.

The interview, with audience questions being submitted on small cards to be asked on stage lasted about an hour. There was a 3 piece house-band that played a short set of fire themed songs. "Burnin for you" by Blue Oyster Cult, "Burning Down The House" by Talking Heads, etc.

This was followed by the signing and pics. I was able to meet Lori (Beverly Marsh) and her friends, whose Joe Hill themed t-shirts got them some bonus pics to be used by Joe on his social media stuff! I was also honored to meet Father Callahan himself, David from Betts Books.

Nice night all the way around.

terrier91
05-16-2016, 07:47 PM
Supplies gathered, books packed and ready for the 15 hour ride to DC for Thursday. Can't wait....

terrier91
05-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Just got home from Portsmouth. Great event, made even better by the presence (mentioned , but staying out of sight) of both Stephen and Tabitha. Just knowing they were there for Joe made it very cool. He read an excerpt from Fireman for about 15 minuets, then was interviewed by a lady from NH Public Radio, to be aired on her show at some time. Will try to get better info on that tomorrow.

The interview, with audience questions being submitted on small cards to be asked on stage lasted about an hour. There was a 3 piece house-band that played a short set of fire themed songs. "Burnin for you" by Blue Oyster Cult, "Burning Down The House" by Talking Heads, etc.

This was followed by the signing and pics. I was able to meet Lori (Beverly Marsh) and her friends, whose Joe Hill themed t-shirts got them some bonus pics to be used by Joe on his social media stuff! I was also honored to meet Father Callahan himself, David from Betts Books.

Did they give out any of the kazoos?

Aronstg
05-16-2016, 08:11 PM

Awesome. Sounds like you had a great night! How many people were there? Did you get pics? Gonna show your signed book? :)

louis2003b
05-17-2016, 04:46 AM
Supplies gathered, books packed and ready for the 15 hour ride to DC for Thursday. Can't wait....

Whats happening in DC? I live here.

Cwalker
05-17-2016, 04:51 AM
No kazoo's!!! I meant to ask but got sidetracked. Will try to get a couple of pics out today.
I think i heard there were 261 people

shaq
05-17-2016, 06:40 AM
Really pleased today as my uk kindle downloaded the fireman, 2 weeks before release here (somehow?) and bagged a £3 ticket to see Joe in The UK in a couple of weeks time.

Very excited.

MarcoL
05-17-2016, 07:40 AM
I only noticed this now. On the copyright page it lists the various US editions. I think I may break with tradition here and not get all of these. Interesting how they assigned different ISBN's for each one.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_7177_zpsyho4plxm.jpg

All these different 'editions'....Now I noticed that each store specific edition has it's own ISBN, I 'need' a copy of each.....:o
Already ordered my copy from Waterstreet (BTW, could you confirm if they shipped the one that ends with 631?) and the Barnes & Noble one and now need to go looking for the other ones.

And not included in this list of various ISBNs is the publisher's presigned edition, a different edition of the book since it has a tipped in signature page
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/mlammers1972/image_zps0uxqcqkv.jpeg

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/mlammers1972/image_zpsj2d1ijo4.jpeg

And then next month we've got the UK edition, in August the limited editions from PS and in January paperbacks etc...this book's gonna need it's own seperate bookcase :)

Kingfan24
05-17-2016, 08:05 AM
Where did you get the publishers edition?

zelig
05-17-2016, 08:06 AM

Was wondering the same thing.

louis2003b
05-17-2016, 08:31 AM
Any guesses on when and what price PS will be releasing "The Fireman?"

louis2003b
05-17-2016, 08:32 AM

This is so awesome! I live in DC and will be there as well!

MarcoL
05-17-2016, 08:36 AM

Was wondering the same thing.

Don't have it myself (yet), pulled the pictures from an email sent by AB normal books

MarcoL
05-17-2016, 08:39 AM

No info on pricing but it's planned for an August release. If I remember correctly, the order page will be available by the end of this month (mentioned in one of the latest PS newsletters).

dnemec
05-17-2016, 08:43 AM

No info on pricing but it's planned for an August release. If I remember correctly, the order page will be available by the end of this month (mentioned in one of the latest PS newsletters).

I believe I paid around $200 USD for 20th Century Ghosts 10th Anniversary S/L. If I remember correctly, several people were assuming it would be around that for The Fireman.

MarcoL
05-17-2016, 08:59 AM
Has any of you already received their Barnes & Noble or Books-A-Million signed editions? It'd be interesting to know where the different ISBN is shown. On the copyright page and/or dustjacket?

Br!an
05-17-2016, 09:10 AM
Has any of you already received their Barnes & Noble or Books-A-Million signed editions? It'd be interesting to know where the different ISBN is shown. On the copyright page and/or dustjacket?

I received the shipping notice for the Books-A-Million version. I should have it tomorrow.

Tommy
05-17-2016, 09:11 AM

Congratulations! I asked them for a doodle too and was told that Mr. Hill is not doing them any more. My copy showed up today and no doodle.

I asked Water Street books about the doodle thing and they said that they had so many pre-orders (1500) that they randomly chose people to get doodles. That is not what they said originally but whatever. I'm happy with the book and can't wait to read it!