PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hill, Author

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

SystemCrashOverRide
12-21-2015, 09:34 PM
No dice, sadly.

Dano
12-22-2015, 01:21 PM
Got my By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain Signed/Lettered "B" for Bradbury! It looks magnificent and will hang proudly! Great little sketch by Joe as well!

Dan

herbertwest
12-22-2015, 01:49 PM
I remember registering to the email subscription about this, but never got the email with the excerpt.
At what date were they supposed to send it?

jcmanske
12-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Got my By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain Signed/Lettered "B" for Bradbury! It looks magnificent and will hang proudly! Great little sketch by Joe as well!

Dan

Congratulations! Hard to find a lettered piece of any type for such a reasonable price. I bet a lot of people will eventually wish they had jumped on this one.

ELazansky
12-22-2015, 05:40 PM

Dan

Congratulations! Hard to find a lettered piece of any type for such a reasonable price. I bet a lot of people will eventually wish they had jumped on this one.

I disagree. As far as I can tell, the lettered copies were exactly the same as the numbered. They were just lettered. If that's the case, there was no incentive to buy a lettered edition.

Not saying you shouldn't be happy with your purchase, Dano. We collect what we enjoy, so congrats on the pickup. To be honest, I am a bit "bearish" on Joe Hill signed stuff lately, so forgive my negativity.

Br!an
12-22-2015, 06:22 PM
I disagree. As far as I can tell, the lettered copies were exactly the same as the numbered. They were just lettered. If that's the case, there was no incentive to buy a lettered edition.

It appeared to be the same broadsheet to me. :orely:

If so I see no added value in a letter.

Dano
12-22-2015, 06:42 PM
No worries, guys! I really enjoy my piece... we all collect what we love - and as the old saying goes, "What I collect rules, what you collect drools!" :P

Dan

Br!an
12-22-2015, 08:31 PM
It is still cool! I just like to see something extra in a lettered edition.

We collect what we like. I'm glad you've found a piece you like.

Dano
12-22-2015, 08:47 PM
:thumbsup:

Dan

wolfehr
12-23-2015, 08:31 AM
I got one of each (lettered for me, numbered for a gift) and they are exactly the same except one is lettered and one is numbered. It would have been nice to get something extra with the lettered edition (e.g., more intricate doodle), but it was still reasonably priced in my opinion and I'll be happy to have it on my wall.

Kingfan24
12-23-2015, 12:47 PM
I also picked up both and was a little disappointed to see the same doodle on mine. I think we all got the same doodle.

wolfehr
12-23-2015, 01:03 PM
I also picked up both and was a little disappointed to see the same doodle on mine. I think we all got the same doodle.

Mine were both a loch Ness monster.

mkberger
12-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Checking in to see if anyone has seen ARCs of THE FIREMAN yet?

Kingfan24
12-23-2015, 03:14 PM
So were mine wolf.

zelig
12-23-2015, 03:15 PM

I've been looking. Haven't seen anything.

WeDealInLead
12-23-2015, 03:17 PM
PS Publishing is offering The Fireman sampler if you get one of their grab bags: http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/100-grab-bag-3629-p.asp

That's a pretty good deal and if you get really lucky with Matheson, Wolfe, Lansdale, Lebbon, and/or Campbell, even better. I might get the grab bag, sell the books locally and keep the sampler.

MarcoL
12-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Did anyone ever get the email from with the first 150 pages?
Nope. I tweeted about this and Gollancz replied asking if I enjoyed the email but I never received anything :(
Haven't heard of anyone who subscribed that they actually did receive the email so I guess it was never sent out.

herbertwest
12-24-2015, 02:34 AM
I mentionned it to my contact at Gollancz, but they offices at closed until the 3rd of january.

wolfehr
12-28-2015, 07:12 AM
Deleted.

cit74
12-28-2015, 07:23 AM
I went to order a copy - said it was in stock - went to check out and it was out of stock - so I guess I was a few clicks too slow (and I was only going to order 1). Oh well.

subpress
12-28-2015, 07:26 AM
wolfehr,

You appear to have a reading comprehension problem. Alternately, you're being very discourteous.

Bill

SubPress

jonp
12-28-2015, 07:37 AM
Appears to be sold out already. That was quick!

MarcoL
12-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Darn! The 2nd time in a row I missed out on buying a lettered edition from/through Subterranean...it's almost like I receive the newsletter a bit later than others :orely:

wolfehr
12-28-2015, 08:03 AM
Reading comprehension problem :/ Saw the email while commuting to work and only read the first paragraph.

Edit: Obviously completely my fault and I apologize. However, maybe bold that sentence or put it first next time? I wouldn't have shared here if I noticed that blurb, which I didn't until reading your comment and going back to the email.

wolfehr,

You appear to have a reading comprehension problem. Alternately, you're being very discourteous.

Bill

SubPress

Dano
12-28-2015, 09:46 AM
UGH! Totally missed out on the lettered!!! - darn school break... slept in! Congrats to those that were able to get one - it's pretty high on my list, and if anyone hears of one coming available please message me!

Thank you,

Dan

CurtSeattle
12-28-2015, 10:02 AM
wolfehr,

Bill

SubPress

I don't like having to pay inflated prices b/c of not being in the loop on things. Are you saying that the invite to purchase went out to EVERY customer that has bought from you or everyone on your mailing list or just a few customers? Maybe just announce the books to the general public and let the luck of the draw decide who gets the books? It's like you are helping the "scalpers" with concert tickets and I guess one of the reasons I don't own a single book made by your company (at least that I'm aware of in jumble of my bookcases and addictive buying..haha!). I despise hearing about a new book and then go to the website and see it is sold out before I even had a shot at getting it and if it is b/c of "secret" emails from the producer of the book itself that shouldn't be shared then that is really frustrating.

The current methodology to potential clients of your business seems to be "Hey world, look at this new book that you have ZERO chance of buying ever!"

Why even mention it on your website when you KNOW it will sell out before people "not in the loop" even see it so there is really no reason to create hurt feelings/sense of missed opportunities for your potential fans/clients?

The fact that you offer the ability to purchase TWO books says it all in my opinion, so it's not about access or anything like that. Buy two and you can sell one at an inflated price? What possible reason would a collector buy 2 at once other than to sell one for an inflated price from your comapany's standpoint? I understand from the "BUYER's" standpoint they might be buying an extra one for a friend before they run out, but that has nothing to do with your company's reasoning for offering TWO to one buyer of a limited item like this b/c buying an extra to help a friend is NOT the norm I'm sure everyone will agree.

Ranting a bit, but before you call out someone for helping sell your product, you might want to take a look in the mirror and think about the rest of the world that would be interested, but never gets a chance which apparently is by design from what I'm gathering from your email and post.

My two cents....

Edit: Remember this is just MY opinion and I'm not a customer, so don't hate on the forums here as they are clients of yours. Looking back at your Subpress posts it looks like you are a member of the community here to sell your products and the person you called out is a member of the community here to help people collect and share comradery (and, in this case, to also help people buy your product). Same goal of moving your product for both parties in this case, but one has a heart in the right place and one doesn't. just sayin....

CyberGhostface
12-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Are you saying that the invite to purchase went out to EVERY customer that has bought from you or everyone on your mailing list or just a few customers?

I got it so I'm assuming it was delivered to people who ordered a Joe Hill book from Subterranean as I ordered the original NOS4A2 from them way back when.

wolfehr
12-28-2015, 11:52 AM
I got it so I'm assuming it was delivered to people who ordered a Joe Hill book from Subterranean as I ordered the original NOS4A2 from them way back when.

I ordered the IDW limited edition of NOS4A2 from Sub Press awhile back, so that theory seems plausible.

Roseannebarr
12-28-2015, 11:55 AM
wolfehr,

Bill

SubPress

I don't like having to pay inflated prices b/c of not being in the loop on things. Are you saying that the invite to purchase went out to EVERY customer that has bought from you or everyone on your mailing list or just a few customers? Maybe just announce the books to the general public and let the luck of the draw decide who gets the books? It's like you are helping the "scalpers" with concert tickets and I guess one of the reasons I don't own a single book made by your company (at least that I'm aware of in jumble of my bookcases and addictive buying..haha!). I despise hearing about a new book and then go to the website and see it is sold out before I even had a shot at getting it and if it is b/c of "secret" emails from the producer of the book itself that shouldn't be shared then that is really frustrating.

The current methodology to potential clients of your business seems to be "Hey world, look at this new book that you have ZERO chance of buying ever!"

Why even mention it on your website when you KNOW it will sell out before people "not in the loop" even see it so there is really no reason to create hurt feelings/sense of missed opportunities for your potential fans/clients?

The fact that you offer the ability to purchase TWO books says it all in my opinion, so it's not about access or anything like that. Buy two and you can sell one at an inflated price? What possible reason would a collector buy 2 at once other than to sell one for an inflated price from your comapany's standpoint? I understand from the "BUYER's" standpoint they might be buying an extra one for a friend before they run out, but that has nothing to do with your company's reasoning for offering TWO to one buyer of a limited item like this b/c buying an extra to help a friend is NOT the norm I'm sure everyone will agree.

Ranting a bit, but before you call out someone for helping sell your product, you might want to take a look in the mirror and think about the rest of the world that would be interested, but never gets a chance which apparently is by design from what I'm gathering from your email and post.

My two cents....

Edit: Remember this is just MY opinion and I'm not a customer, so don't hate on the forums here as they are clients of yours. Looking back at your Subpress posts it looks like you are a member of the community here to sell your products and the person you called out is a member of the community here to help people collect and share comradery (and, in this case, to also help people buy your product). Same goal of moving your product for both parties in this case, but one has a heart in the right place and one doesn't. just sayin....

Honest mistake was made in haste.

This is not the only book store that uses these practices. I saw the announcement and read NOT to Share. CD does the same thing. My Opinion ONly. We should be careful as a community and NOT share information ON THE SITE if the book dealer states "PLEASE DO NOT SHARE". It is a nice perk the dealers offer their repeat customers. and AGAIN this is not the only company that does this!

Does not mean i am not going to call a few friends and tell them to READ their newsletters!!

Scoogs
12-28-2015, 01:06 PM

This is not the only book store that uses these practices. I saw the announcement and read NOT to Share. CD does the same thing. My Opinion ONly. We should be careful as a community and NOT share information ON THE SITE if the book dealer states "PLEASE DO NOT SHARE". It is a nice perk the dealers offer their repeat customers. and AGAIN this is not the only company that does this!

Does not mean i am not going to call a few friends and tell them to READ their newsletters!!

Exactly, CD does this all the time. As you said, it's a perk for their loyal customers.

I don't view this any differently than Grant offering a DT book to current owners before everyone else or SP doing the same for Game of Thrones.

This is the second time in less than a month that I've seen someone on this site post a link that specifically said Do Not Share.
Mistakes are made, but have the courtesy to delete your post when you make one.

wolfehr
12-28-2015, 01:12 PM

By the time I went back and noticed that sentence in the email the book had sold out, so seemed moot by that point.

Edit: Deleted now.

CurtSeattle
12-28-2015, 02:15 PM

Exactly, CD does this all the time. As you said, it's a perk for their loyal customers.

I don't view this any differently than Grant offering a DT book to current owners before everyone else or SP doing the same for Game of Thrones.

This is the second time in less than a month that I've seen someone on this site post a link that specifically said Do Not Share.

I understand rewarding customers, so if it's going out to every customer then it's not as much of an issue to those that are not yet customers I guess, but I have to buy some book I don't want in order to be "in the know" for future limited books that I DO want? Or if I'm on the newsletter with no books ever bought then I would be included on lettered secret emails?

That still doesn't change the fact that TWO books were offered. That rubs me the wrong way even when I try and think of positive reasons for it. One per customer for the 1st month or something solves it. It's not like 26 lettered books are NOT going to sell out. We all know they will.

Betts and Cemetery have offered ahead of time to match up your numbers and whatnot and I 100% understand doing that if it's a series of books to match your numbers/letters, but offering 2 "lettered" versions in a secret pre-release has nothing to do with matching up "letters/numbers" from previous books. Just 1 book per customer offers that.

It seems I'm in the minority with thinking it isn't the seemingly "fairest" way to go about things, but that's business. I definitely don't want to goof up peoples' chances at getting future secret releases as I realize most of the people getting the emails are probably on this forum here, but does anyone reading this honestly believe that someone who buys two of these is keeping them both? 99% the 2nd book is going to be jacked up and hit the forums or Ebay I'm sure most would agree.

No worries as me preaching to the people getting the emails early isn't going to get anything changed. When your nice clothes are cheap but made by little childrens' fingers in some foreign country, why rock the boat? I get it. :P

p.s. edit: There are a lot of people on here that got 11/22/63 (read the collecting 11/22/63 forum from 11/8/2011 date) early b/c of me. I coached MANY people on how to get around the website blockage before it got shutdown and you could only buy 1 book I remember. The COMPANY selling the book asked to be limited to 1 per customer and I believe THAT is one of the reasons the website crashed....they were trying to minimize multiple book orders at a time. This is a good practice. You can't police end users (lots of multi address orders happened) and shouldn't have to, so don't worry about that, but offering two is a broken process in my opinion. No hard feelings on my end towards anyone on the forums here, Sub Press or Bill as I always wear my heart on my sleeve and I type super fast so comes out as anger a lot of times when I rant about the perils of the world. haha! :)

Felt the need to post the link, so people don't think I'm a jerk (well you can have your opinion of course. :) ) and to show that I always try to help so my heart is in the right place I promise. This is about limiting s/l purchases to one in "pre-release" situations.

from 11/8/2011 Post #638
Copy this link and paste into your web browser

https://store.simonandschuster.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Sequence=1&ProductSKU=9781451663853&CartItemID=1346312",%20false,%20true))

i think that will help all of you. :)

does it work? I can't tell b/c it loads my order confirmation page.

It DID work. :)

DoctorZaius
12-28-2015, 02:29 PM
I must say that I have no problem with the practice of the early notification, especially as I was a recipient of one. By the time I checked my emails they had already sold out. I do, however, agree that it would have been prudent to limit the purchase of these to one per customer. 26 is exclusive enough without further reducing the pool to potential 13 customers. But in the end, it's Bill's and IDW's businesses and I respect their decisions as entrepreneurs. The price we pay for living in a capitalist society.

Patrick
12-28-2015, 02:57 PM
I must say that I have no problem with the practice of the early notification, especially as I was a recipient of one. By the time I checked my emails they had already sold out. I do, however, agree that it would have been prudent to limit the purchase of these to one per customer. 26 is exclusive enough without further reducing the pool to potential 13 customers. But in the end, it's Bill's and IDW's businesses and I respect their decisions as entrepreneurs. The price we pay for living in a capitalist society.
Well said. I've purchased many books from Sub Press over the years. I received the email, but missed out on a copy of this edition, too. Regardless, I value any business that shows appreciation to its repeat customers.

Dan
12-28-2015, 03:27 PM
I had the opportunity, but short of funds kept me from purchasing. Also, I thought this might lead me down a dangerous path to Joe Hill lettered editions.

On another note, my signed broadside arrived but was damaged in packaging with a tear. Bill is sending me a replacement. Glad that SubPress has great customer service.

frik
12-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Also, I thought this might lead me down a dangerous path to Joe Hill lettered editions.

This went through my mind as well....after pre-ordering the lettered.

sk

MarcoL
12-28-2015, 11:21 PM

Same here, received the email but was apparently too late already. Fortunately I was contacted by fellow boardie jonp who kindly offered me to purchase the 2nd copy he ordered. This once again proves IMHO that a lot of members on this board are really trying to help out other collectors rather than trying to make a quick buck just because they were lucky enough to place an order in time.

Kingfan24
12-29-2015, 05:03 AM
Wolfehr I have to agree with you here buddy. I like subpress but I've been burned by them as well. also, why people were allowed to order two is beyond me. They will show up on eBay at around 700-900 is my bet.

Roseannebarr
12-29-2015, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;967989]

Felt the need to post the link, so people don't think I'm a jerk (well you can have your opinion of course. :) ) and to show that I always try to help so my heart is in the right place I promise. This is about limiting s/l purchases to one in "pre-release" situations.
[QUOTE=CurtSeattle;649650] from 11/8/2011 Post #638
Copy this link and paste into your web browser

https://store.simonandschuster.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Sequence=1&ProductSKU=9781451663853&CartItemID=1346312",%20false,%20true))

i think that will help all of you. :)

does it work? I can't tell b/c it loads my order confirmation page.

It DID work. :)

We all remember the miracle you pulled off there! the lottery a few days later was a disaster! You were great that day!

Randall Flagg
12-29-2015, 07:06 AM
I never even received the email. Kinda sucks.

WeDealInLead
12-29-2015, 07:27 AM
I don't really understand the preferential treatment in this case. This was nothing like DT and Grant Books, and nothing like GOT books. Those have been coming out over decades and collectors have thousands of dollars invested in their sets. First right of refusal makes total sense. NOS4A2 was a stand alone novel.

As for the "rewarding their loyal customers" thing, that doesn't wash either. Without even peeling my ass of the couch, let alone going to the self-storage unit where I keep the bulk of my collection, I'm looking at the complete sets of PKD's, Silverberg's, Vance's, and Lucius Shepard's books. I see multiple books by Powers, Ellison, and Lansdale. That's roughly 30 books and the bare bones of my SP collection.

Whatever. SP can send their super-secret-cool-kids-club emails to whom they choose. My point is that in this case, I don't see the logic behind it, especially considering it wasn't limited to 1 per customer.

Dano
12-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Also, I specifically signed up with IDW LIMITED to be the very first to know about the release of this Lettered Edition. They heavily promoted this on their Facebook and Twitter feeds. Other friends of mine who collect comics and know IDW went that route. I think they will be surprised when the
alert email never comes. I'm going to look into this with IDW.

Dan

Kingfan24
12-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Also, I specifically signed up with IDW LIMITED to be the very first to know about the release of this Lettered Edition. They heavily promoted this on their Facebook and Twitter feeds. Other friends of mine who collect comics and know IDW went that route. I think they will be surprised when the
alert email never comes. I'm going to look into this with IDW.

Dan

That's a great point - I also signed up with IDW to get the email alert. What a crock of crap.

Dano
12-29-2015, 10:25 AM
I don't have high hopes about hearing from them, but we will see...

Dan

CyberGhostface
12-29-2015, 10:30 AM
I don't really understand the preferential treatment in this case. This was nothing like DT and Grant Books, and nothing like GOT books. Those have been coming out over decades and collectors have thousands of dollars invested in their sets. First right of refusal makes total sense. NOS4A2 was a stand alone novel.

As for the "rewarding their loyal customers" thing, that doesn't wash either. Without even peeling my ass of the couch, let alone going to the self-storage unit where I keep the bulk of my collection, I'm looking at the complete sets of PKD's, Silverberg's, Vance's, and Lucius Shepard's books. I see multiple books by Powers, Ellison, and Lansdale. That's roughly 30 books and the bare bones of my SP collection.

Whatever. SP can send their super-secret-cool-kids-club emails to whom they choose. My point is that in this case, I don't see the logic behind it, especially considering it wasn't limited to 1 per customer.

Well again I'm pretty sure it was sent to people who had ordered Joe Hill items from them in the past. CD's done the same thing with the Doubleday Years books.

surly
12-29-2015, 10:32 AM
only catching up on this thread now.
well, despite being a sub press customer as well as having ordered both the original NOS4A2 and the IDW version, I didn't receive an email for anything. Now that the cat is out of the bag, what was the announcement that I missed?

becca69
12-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Looks like I received the email but I was sick all day yesterday... I'm guessing because I bought NOS4A2/slipcase from them. I usually get advanced notices for author's I've purchased from them before.

frik
12-29-2015, 01:28 PM
This was my first time.

sk

Scoogs
12-29-2015, 07:13 PM
I understand rewarding customers, so if it's going out to every customer then it's not as much of an issue to those that are not yet customers I guess, but I have to buy some book I don't want in order to be "in the know" for future limited books that I DO want? Or if I'm on the newsletter with no books ever bought then I would be included on lettered secret emails?

That still doesn't change the fact that TWO books were offered. That rubs me the wrong way even when I try and think of positive reasons for it. One per customer for the 1st month or something solves it. It's not like 26 lettered books are NOT going to sell out. We all know they will.

Betts and Cemetery have offered ahead of time to match up your numbers and whatnot and I 100% understand doing that if it's a series of books to match your numbers/letters, but offering 2 "lettered" versions in a secret pre-release has nothing to do with matching up "letters/numbers" from previous books. Just 1 book per customer offers that.

It seems I'm in the minority with thinking it isn't the seemingly "fairest" way to go about things, but that's business. I definitely don't want to goof up peoples' chances at getting future secret releases as I realize most of the people getting the emails are probably on this forum here, but does anyone reading this honestly believe that someone who buys two of these is keeping them both? 99% the 2nd book is going to be jacked up and hit the forums or Ebay I'm sure most would agree.

No worries as me preaching to the people getting the emails early isn't going to get anything changed. When your nice clothes are cheap but made by little childrens' fingers in some foreign country, why rock the boat? I get it. :P

p.s. edit: There are a lot of people on here that got 11/22/63 (read the collecting 11/22/63 forum from 11/8/2011 date) early b/c of me. I coached MANY people on how to get around the website blockage before it got shutdown and you could only buy 1 book I remember. The COMPANY selling the book asked to be limited to 1 per customer and I believe THAT is one of the reasons the website crashed....they were trying to minimize multiple book orders at a time. This is a good practice. You can't police end users (lots of multi address orders happened) and shouldn't have to, so don't worry about that, but offering two is a broken process in my opinion. No hard feelings on my end towards anyone on the forums here, Sub Press or Bill as I always wear my heart on my sleeve and I type super fast so comes out as anger a lot of times when I rant about the perils of the world. haha! :)

I actually agree with you on the quantity. With 26 copies, allowing 2 per is not a smart way to please your target audience. Or gain new customers.
I always prefer a limit of 1 during the initial sales. If there are left overs down the line, then allowing additional copies to be purchased is no big deal. I've done that myself plenty of times.

For the record, I did not receive the email and would not have ordered the book if I had.
I would hope it went out to his Joe Hill collectors list just like pre-sale emails went out to the GRRM collectors for Rogues and A Knight of the 7 Kingdoms, etc.

Maybe I'm missing a detail here, but why is everyone attacking SubPress, when the email appeared to indicate that this was IDW's decision? They are the publisher, not Bill, and would seem to have dictated the terms. Does he own them as well? I don't keep up on that side of things at all.

I also saw nothing to indicate that all 26 copies were available for this pre-sale.

Dano
12-29-2015, 08:32 PM
That's a great point about all 26 copies maybe not being sold for this pre-sale. If so, I'm going to keep an eye out for the IDW newsletter!

Dan

RC65
12-29-2015, 11:06 PM
If it makes anyone feel better, I received the email and did not order the book...not interested in lettereds nor graphic novels, even if it's Hill. So that's one book that was left for others.

craigobau
12-31-2015, 07:14 AM
I'm trying to track down some of the ebooks that Joe Hill released last year (Twittering From the Circus of the Dead, By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain, Wolverton Station), but I can't find these from any of the usual UK retailers.

Does anyone know if these are still ebooks are still available?

Thanks.

wolfehr
12-31-2015, 07:19 AM
I'm trying to track down some of the ebooks that Joe Hill released last year (Twittering From the Circus of the Dead, By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain, Wolverton Station), but I can't find these from any of the usual UK retailers.

Does anyone know if these are still ebooks are still available?

Thanks.

Those are all still showing as available on Amazon.com and ebooks.com.

craigobau
12-31-2015, 08:12 AM
Unfortunately, they don't seem to be available on the UK sites for these retailers.

Br!an
12-31-2015, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately, they don't seem to be available on the UK sites for these retailers.

Can't you order from the US sites?

American is almost the same thing as English.:wtf:

craigobau
12-31-2015, 10:20 AM

DRM generally restricts ordering books/music/etc. from US sites if you're in the UK (unless you have a US registered credit card).

Br!an
12-31-2015, 10:33 AM
I didn't know that. What a strange world we live in.

Joe315
12-31-2015, 12:03 PM

DRM generally restricts ordering books/music/etc. from US sites if you're in the UK (unless you have a US registered credit card).

An option is to set up an Amazon account with a gift card and a random US address. Or get one of the visa or Amex gift cards and register to a us address and then use that to buy the books from Amazon.

Or you could always get them via other means.

herbertwest
01-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Did anybody listened to the audiobook version of LOCKE AND KEY? I didnt have tme to do so, so far, but I was wondering who Steve is "acting" in this version?

Dan
01-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Did anybody listened to the audiobook version of LOCKE AND KEY? I didnt have tme to do so, so far, but I was wondering who Steve is "acting" in this version?

I did. It helps if you've read through it before. Steve is a barge man or boat man, I can't remember exactly. He is a short lived character.

MLG
01-01-2016, 06:42 PM

I did. It helps if you've read through it before. Steve is a barge man or boat man, I can't remember exactly. He is a short lived character.

I agree. I really enjoyed it but had to think about the story a few times as the audio does not always paint the whole picture.

craigobau
01-02-2016, 05:52 AM
Anyone have any Joe Hill S/L's they're looking to sell?

Just started collecting (only have Heart Shaped Box so far) so open to anything that might be out there (particularly from members in Europe to keep the postage costs down!)

Thanks.

herbertwest
01-02-2016, 06:18 AM

Thanks !

Br!an
01-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Anyone have any Joe Hill S/L's they're looking to sell?

Just started collecting (only have Heart Shaped Box so far) so open to anything that might be out there (particularly from members in Europe to keep the postage costs down!)

Thanks.

I have an extra Horns. PM sent.

Patrick
01-03-2016, 05:47 PM

I agree. I really enjoyed it but had to think about the story a few times as the audio does not always paint the whole picture.
Agreed. Reading the books first does help with visualization of the action because you can't always tell from the audio.

Bev Vincent
01-05-2016, 04:40 AM
I have an ARE of NOS4A2 with publicist letter laid in. If you're interested, PM me with an offer.

It's been read, but is in very, very good condition.

Bev Vincent
01-05-2016, 07:54 AM

ARCs won't be out until the end of the month. I just received the email message with the extended preview this morning.

MLG
01-05-2016, 08:16 AM

ARCs won't be out until the end of the month. I just received the email message with the extended preview this morning.

Received my email this morning as well!

MarcoL
01-05-2016, 12:26 PM

Received my email this morning as well!

Same here! Glad it finally showed up

craigobau
01-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Great news today! Joe's coming to visit our neck of the woods at the Dutch Comic Con next year (26 / 27 March). Totally psyched! :excited:

Though it's quite early, it would be nice to have a little get together if any of you are going to attend the Con so don't hesitate to drop me a line if you plan to go!

Marco, do you know if Joe is appearing on a particular day and/or doing a reading/Q&A?

SystemCrashOverRide
01-05-2016, 01:23 PM
I wont claim that the 150 page preview which finally released today definitely had anything to do with me, but it might have.

I will say this; I tweeted Joe this morning regarding the delayed 150 page preview, and not 3 hours later, I saw the email had been sent out. Now normally I wouldn't believe that I had enough clout to grab Joe's attention, however he and I have corresponded via Twitter directly before and I do know he has a very keen eye for his Twitter feed. I would not be at all surprised if he got my tweet, and then looked into it and got in contact with the people who sent it around.

Just spitballing of course, but its a fun notion. Can't wait to read it!

MLG
01-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Apparently it is The Fireman day for me. Received the Gollancz email this morning and had my copy of the preview from Post Scripts waiting for me!

MarcoL
01-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Great news today! Joe's coming to visit our neck of the woods at the Dutch Comic Con next year (26 / 27 March). Totally psyched! :excited:

Though it's quite early, it would be nice to have a little get together if any of you are going to attend the Con so don't hesitate to drop me a line if you plan to go!

Marco, do you know if Joe is appearing on a particular day and/or doing a reading/Q&A?

Joe will be at the con both days together with Chris Ryall from IDW. The exact schedule as to what they'll be doing isn't available yet but something's planned at the stage on Saturday from 15:30-16:00 and Sunday from 14:40-15:10
Other events that take place at the stage are panels so I guess it'll be a panel :)

frik
01-06-2016, 04:11 AM
Sounds interesting, Marco. Think I'll make this a go.

sk

craigobau
01-06-2016, 04:26 AM
If he is not doing any UK appearances around the same time, I might try to go also.

On a separate Joe Hill topic, can someone please tell me if The Surrealists Glass is a stand alone, self-contained story (how many pages?) or just a sort of excerpt of ideas which turned into Horns?

Thanks.

Bev Vincent
01-06-2016, 04:41 AM
From an auction listing:

The missing chapter from the Deluxe edition of Horns
By Joe's own admission, The Surrealist's Glass was a confused and corrupt first draft of Horns, the best elements of which eventually finding their way into his excellent novel Horns
This chapter was an exclusive extra, only found in the deluxe traycased copies of Horns - Unfortunately some of those copies were mistakenly printed without it - This chapbook was produced as a supplament, just for the copies it was missing from
As there were only 200 numbered copies of the deluxe traycased edition produced, and not all deluxe copies were actually missing it, It's unlikely that there were more than 200 printed - In reality, probably far less
A way cool collectable, which no copy of Horns should be without !
Cover Art: Vincent Chong
A true collectors edition, in fantastic condition
Very scarce

MarcoL
01-06-2016, 08:04 AM

sk

Siep, if you do just drop me a note. It'd be nice to meet you in person !

MarcoL
01-06-2016, 08:07 AM
If he is not doing any UK appearances around the same time, I might try to go also.

I think Joe will be doing a book tour in the UK once The Fireman has been released (I heard some rumours about this).

wolfehr
01-06-2016, 08:12 AM
This is the best info I was able to find re: Surrealist's Glass

You were working on a novel called The Surrealist’s Glass. What happened to that?

The Surrealist’s Glass and HORNS are very different novels (the biggest difference being that HORNS is good, and The Surrealist’s Glass wasn’t). Yet they had similar underlying concepts. In The Surrealist’s Glass, my hero wound up in possession of an unlikely lens; when he looked through it, he could see people’s secrets. In this way, they served a similar function to Ig’s horns. And several scenes in HORNS appeared in a cruder earlier form in Glass.

So The Surrealist’s Glass will never be published?

In one sense, no. In another sense, Glass was a confused, corrupt, first draft of HORNS; the best elements of Glass made it into print after all.

I’d add that years and years ago I wrote an epic fantasy novel called THE FEAR TREE… and that also involved someone with a power to divine people’s most closely guarded secrets. I’ve been playing with the concept for a decade, but only finally got it right with HORNS. And if that sounds strange, all I can say is I think it’s pretty typical; writers tend to revisit the same themes, tropes, places, and concerns, again and again, until they figure out how to use them in a satisfying way. So, for example, many of the ideas in Locke & Key existed first in a pair of unpublished novels: The Briars and The Evil Kites of Dr. Lourdes (yes – that was the actual name). It just took a while for all the elements to gel.

The signed traycased edition of Horns through PS Publishing offers “a little extra something” from you, Joe. Any hints?

PS Publishing will be including a chapter from The Surrealist’s Glass, and a chapter from an earlier draft of HORNS, featuring a character who was dropped from the book. There will also be a brief introduction to the bonus materials, titled “Fucking Up.”

Archive of Joe Hill Fiction: The Devil IS in the Details (http://www.webcitation.org/5mp7d8pgn)

craigobau
01-06-2016, 08:21 AM
This is the best info I was able to find re: Surrealist's Glass

You were working on a novel called The Surrealist’s Glass. What happened to that?

The Surrealist’s Glass and HORNS are very different novels (the biggest difference being that HORNS is good, and The Surrealist’s Glass wasn’t). Yet they had similar underlying concepts. In The Surrealist’s Glass, my hero wound up in possession of an unlikely lens; when he looked through it, he could see people’s secrets. In this way, they served a similar function to Ig’s horns. And several scenes in HORNS appeared in a cruder earlier form in Glass.

So The Surrealist’s Glass will never be published?

In one sense, no. In another sense, Glass was a confused, corrupt, first draft of HORNS; the best elements of Glass made it into print after all.

I’d add that years and years ago I wrote an epic fantasy novel called THE FEAR TREE… and that also involved someone with a power to divine people’s most closely guarded secrets. I’ve been playing with the concept for a decade, but only finally got it right with HORNS. And if that sounds strange, all I can say is I think it’s pretty typical; writers tend to revisit the same themes, tropes, places, and concerns, again and again, until they figure out how to use them in a satisfying way. So, for example, many of the ideas in Locke & Key existed first in a pair of unpublished novels: The Briars and The Evil Kites of Dr. Lourdes (yes – that was the actual name). It just took a while for all the elements to gel.

The signed traycased edition of Horns through PS Publishing offers “a little extra something” from you, Joe. Any hints?

PS Publishing will be including a chapter from The Surrealist’s Glass, and a chapter from an earlier draft of HORNS, featuring a character who was dropped from the book. There will also be a brief introduction to the bonus materials, titled “Fucking Up.”

Archive of Joe Hill Fiction: The Devil IS in the Details (http://www.webcitation.org/5mp7d8pgn)

Thanks Bev/wolfehr.

I gather the chapbook is only about 7 pages long so that gels with the quote above that only one chapter was included in the signed, traycased edition.

One's going for GBP£50 on ebay which feels a bit too high given its only a snaphost of the overall story.

mkberger
01-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Finally added this to my Joe Hill collection:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/KNOMEOR/Hill--THE-FIREMAN-Small_zpse9duqu21.jpg

Thank you, Pete & Nicky!

zelig
01-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Nice. Congrats.

CurtSeattle
01-06-2016, 07:08 PM
How do I get on the list for these FREE Advance copies? I have to always buy them. I'm happy to write reviews.

Can someone PM me the secret sauce recipe, please?
Curt

terrier91
01-06-2016, 07:12 PM
I'm not a proof collector, just excited to read The Fireman. I may have to pony up for an ARC when they start hitting eBay. I can always move it once I've carefuly read it, haha

mikeC
01-07-2016, 08:18 AM
I'm not a proof collector, just excited to read The Fireman. I may have to pony up for an ARC when they start hitting eBay. I can always move it once I've carefuly read it, haha

I'm with you on that! I'd like to do some sort of borrowing system for this if anyone gets one. I have no interest in keeping an ARC just read a pass along.

CurtSeattle
01-07-2016, 02:34 PM
I DO now collect proofs, so anyone that wants to share the love, PM me!! I plan on keeping them and not selling so it's for a good cause.

Based on the forum, I am saying Joe Hill proofs of course......

.....but any cool author.....YES PLEASE.

Oh wait...I keep forgetting Joe Hill thread and not the Begging thread. haha!!

herbertwest
01-07-2016, 02:59 PM
I think that I have an extra NOSFERA2 US Proof

frik
01-08-2016, 06:22 AM
My lettered NOS4A2 is on its way! :)

sk

Dano
01-08-2016, 07:48 AM
My lettered NOS4A2 is on its way! :)

sk

That's great news! Hopefully that means that the regular limited edition is on its way, too!!! Woot!

Dan

frik
01-08-2016, 07:57 AM
The lettered was shipped by (and directly bought from) IDW; the regular limited via SubPress, Dan.
Shouldn't be too long, I would think.

sk

Dano
01-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Ugh. This is so confusing! I paid for my regular limited on June 3rd of last year, and now the lettereds that were just announced - still waiting for my IDW NEWSLETTER by which to order one - have already shipped??!

Dan

jsmcmullen92
01-08-2016, 09:35 AM
Ok so my head hurts from searching the internet for this. I want a nice set of Joe Hill Locke and Key set. I know SP did the first 3, IDW did number 2 and random people did the rest. Is there a set that spans all the books or do you have to piece them together and which is the best ones for each book?

mikeC
01-08-2016, 09:49 AM
How does CD have copies of 20th century Ghosts while I am still waiting from my copy from PS?

Dan
01-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Ok so my head hurts from searching the internet for this. I want a nice set of Joe Hill Locke and Key set. I know SP did the first 3, IDW did number 2 and random people did the rest. Is there a set that spans all the books or do you have to piece them together and which is the best ones for each book?

SP made a lettered and limited edition of the first three. The first two they also made a nice hardback that wasn't signed. They discontinued at the third book with no plans to finish.

IDW made a leatherbound of the first three volumes. They told me in the summer of 2014 that they planned on continuing with the release of one per summer. Since I haven't heard about the fourth, I can only assume they didn't continue. IDW also has made several other editions of the first volume. They made a signed traycased deluxe version of the first volume that came in something like eight different versions depending on what artist you wanted to use for the art. I have one of these last versions, it's pretty nice. Unfortunately, if you want a complete set of premium editions, you are probably out of luck.

I was rather upset about SP stopping. It pretty much made the signed limiteds that I have near impossible to sell without a huge loss. I think the price point was probably the problem at $250 per issue.

Dan
01-08-2016, 09:52 AM
How does CD have copies of 20th century Ghosts while I am still waiting from my copy from PS?

They have the unsigned version at CD. PS shipped these a few months ago. I ordered directly from PS and I think it arrived in November. Still waiting on the signed version.

frik
01-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Ugh. This is so confusing! I paid for my regular limited on June 3rd of last year, and now the lettereds that were just announced - still waiting for my IDW NEWSLETTER by which to order one - have already shipped??!

Dan

I did not receive the IDW newsletter either, Dan. I received a message from SubPress announcing the lettered NOS4A2 could be ordered. So I did and about 10 minutes later they were all gone.
It could quite well be IDW still has a few for sale and will announce this in their newsletter. (Wishful thinking this???)

sk

Roseannebarr
01-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Now i am confused. I thought i ordered a deluxe NOS4A2 signed by Joe Hill. the fully signed with wraith. where did we order those from?

frik
01-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Now i am confused. I thought i ordered a deluxe NOS4A2 signed by Joe Hill. the fully signed with wraith. where did we order those from?

I ordered mine from SubPress and paid SubPress as well.
The lettered was ordered from, and paid to, IDW. But SubPress was the intermediary.

sk

Br!an
01-08-2016, 10:17 AM

They have the unsigned version at CD. PS shipped these a few months ago. I ordered directly from PS and I think it arrived in November. Still waiting on the signed version.

I had seen several people receive theirs. I wrote Nicky this morning about it.

Now that I see not everyone has received theirs I feel a bit better. I thought I was the only one.

frik
01-08-2016, 10:20 AM

sk

Siep, if you do just drop me a note. It'd be nice to meet you in person !

Pretty sure I'll be there, Marco.
Will be in touch before then.

sk

jsmcmullen92
01-08-2016, 10:40 AM

SP made a lettered and limited edition of the first three. The first two they also made a nice hardback that wasn't signed. They discontinued at the third book with no plans to finish.

IDW made a leatherbound of the first three volumes. They told me in the summer of 2014 that they planned on continuing with the release of one per summer. Since I haven't heard about the fourth, I can only assume they didn't continue. IDW also has made several other editions of the first volume. They made a signed traycased deluxe version of the first volume that came in something like eight different versions depending on what artist you wanted to use for the art. I have one of these last versions, it's pretty nice. Unfortunately, if you want a complete set of premium editions, you are probably out of luck.

I was rather upset about SP stopping. It pretty much made the signed limiteds that I have near impossible to sell without a huge loss. I think the price point was probably the problem at $250 per issue.

So that covers 1-3. Did anyone ever do deluxe or even just nice editions of the last 3? I wouldn't mind doing 1-3 SP then another publisher for 4-6

Dan
01-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Not that I know of.

cit74
01-08-2016, 12:40 PM
I did get my limited 20th Century from PS - a while back (not the s/l yet - since that has not shipped).

As for Locke n Key - I have the first 3 limited from Subpress - and like them a lot. Then I stopped trying to get the others or more from IDW - it was too confusing and nothing fit together - so I will just stick with those 3. Then I have a nice set of all of the HC books all signed by Joe - just too many damn variations - especially with the comics/graphic novels

would be interesting to see if Bill might do the last 3 books at a more reasonable price if enough people wanted to finish off the set

jsmcmullen92
01-08-2016, 12:44 PM
I did get my limited 20th Century from PS - a while back (not the s/l yet - since that has not shipped).

As for Locke n Key - I have the first 3 limited from Subpress - and like them a lot. Then I stopped trying to get the others or more from IDW - it was too confusing and nothing fit together - so I will just stick with those 3. Then I have a nice set of all of the HC books all signed by Joe - just too many damn variations - especially with the comics/graphic novels

would be interesting to see if Bill might do the last 3 books at a more reasonable price if enough people wanted to finish off the set

I really like what IDW did for number 2. The Red Label edition ($150) or you could get an upgraded artist black label edition ($300) but they only did number 2... I still contemplate getting the SP sets. I even thought about the Lettered editions since I liked them so much but really haven't seen them come up for same for awhile reasonable priced.

Br!an
01-08-2016, 02:41 PM

I received my regular limiteds too. There are members here who received the S/L last month.

They probably were able to ship some before the holidays and the others will be forthcoming.

cit74
01-08-2016, 03:11 PM

I received my regular limiteds too. There are members here who received the S/L last month.

They probably were able to ship some before the holidays and the others will be forthcoming.

Sorry - I did not realize that the s/l had shipped...huh - I thought they were still working the whole DVD thing - guess I will see my copy at some point :)

Br!an
01-08-2016, 03:45 PM

Sorry - I did not realize that the s/l had shipped...huh - I thought they were still working the whole DVD thing - guess I will see my copy at some point :)

jonp posted his on 12/14/15

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18338-Book-Collection-jonp&p=964684&viewfull=1#post964684

ELazansky
01-08-2016, 04:17 PM

For me, this is the nicest complete set you can get -http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/locke-key-tpb-slipcase-set/

These are paperbacks, and I have hardcovers with the slipcase, so you could look around for a hardcover set.

Dan
01-08-2016, 04:55 PM

For me, this is the nicest complete set you can get -http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/locke-key-tpb-slipcase-set/

These are paperbacks, and I have hardcovers with the slipcase, so you could look around for a hardcover set.

The hardcover slipcase was a purchase with the Alpha Omega hardcover. You would get this issue plus the slipcase that fit everything. I do have one of these. I think it was around $30.

ELazansky
01-08-2016, 05:21 PM

The hardcover slipcase was a purchase with the Alpha Omega hardcover. You would get this issue plus the slipcase that fit everything. I do have one of these. I think it was around $30.

It was 39.99. I doubt any retailers still have them available. So the paperback set would probably be the best full set option.

Dan
01-08-2016, 05:32 PM
Thanks, and I'm sure you are right. Probably hard to find.

Lookwhoitis
01-08-2016, 07:33 PM
cant believe I still havent finished reading the Locke & Key Series yet... :D

Lookwhoitis
01-08-2016, 07:55 PM
I think it is Idiotic that IDW is pulling the same thing Sub Press did. Stopping after 3 volumes

mkberger
01-09-2016, 04:07 AM
If anyone is in the market for a copy of THE FIREMAN preview, and is not fanatic about it being flawless, please feel free to drop me a PM. We got a copy consigned that shows just a bit of roughness along the long/open edge--so minor that I didn't even see it at first, but for the perfectionists among us....

mkberger
01-09-2016, 12:01 PM
If anyone is in the market for a copy of THE FIREMAN preview, and is not fanatic about it being flawless, please feel free to drop me a PM. We got a copy consigned that shows just a bit of roughness along the long/open edge--so minor that I didn't even see it at first, but for the perfectionists among us....

Sold.

Br!an
01-10-2016, 08:51 AM

jonp posted his on 12/14/15

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18338-Book-Collection-jonp&p=964684&viewfull=1#post964684

I just noticed that I'm wrong. Jon posted Skeleton Crew not 20th Century Ghosts. Nicky replied that they should be shipping Ghosts in a couple of weeks.

Bev Vincent
01-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Heart-Shaped Box: Deluxe Limited #6/500 http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/161943107723?

Dan
01-10-2016, 04:40 PM
From an auction listing:

By Joe's own admission, The Surrealist's Glass was a confused and corrupt first draft of Horns, the best elements of which eventually finding their way into his excellent novel Horns
This chapter was an exclusive extra, only found in the deluxe traycased copies of Horns - Unfortunately some of those copies were mistakenly printed without it - This chapbook was produced as a supplament, just for the copies it was missing from
As there were only 200 numbered copies of the deluxe traycased edition produced, and not all deluxe copies were actually missing it, It's unlikely that there were more than 200 printed - In reality, probably far less
Very scarce

I just checked and my copy has the extra chapter. Do we know how many include the extra and how many didn't?

cit74
01-10-2016, 07:08 PM
From an auction listing:

Very scarce

I just checked and my copy has the extra chapter. Do we know how many include the extra and how many didn't?

mine has the chapter as well (with the art inset preceding the chapter - which is the same cover as the chapbook) - but sorry have no idea. Guess you would have to ask them over at PS

craigobau
01-12-2016, 05:10 AM
Would people consider $200 for a copy of the 2007 PS Publishing S/L of 20th Century Ghosts (number of the 300's) a good price?

Br!an
01-12-2016, 06:58 AM
Would people consider $200 for a copy of the 2007 PS Publishing S/L of 20th Century Ghosts (number of the 300's) a good price?

That's probably about right. If you are patient you might find one for less. I paid $150 last September.

RC65
01-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Apologies if this has already appeared in this thread...I don't remember seeing it before, so I think I'm safe. Cover for U.S. 1st HC of THE FIREMAN released:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qEzW5ViJL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

EDIT: Argh. Found it four or five pages back. Oh well, it's so nice it deserves a repeat. :smile:

zelig
01-12-2016, 09:50 AM
I like it.

Patrick
01-12-2016, 03:01 PM

I agree, Dan. The price point was exactly the problem. At $250/volume, the all-in price by the time the set would be complete was too high for many of us.

Stockerlone
01-13-2016, 10:18 AM
Joe Hill - Thumbprint
German edition
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT3571.JPG

Dan
01-13-2016, 03:05 PM
Only a slight markup to cover shipping expenses.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/252249453411

(/sarcasm font)

For those that missed out due to the way these were sold, this seems to justify one of the reasons they were pissed.

Kingfan24
01-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Unfucking real.

WeDealInLead
01-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Yeah, it's great to see the book ended up in the hands of a true fan. Good strategy, SP.

Kingfan24
01-13-2016, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't have even hesitated had I been notified.

bdwyer19
01-13-2016, 04:25 PM
Wow! What was list price?

Dan
01-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Someone will have to confirm. Either $399 or $499 or thereabouts. I can't recall.

bdwyer19
01-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Unbelievable.

zelig
01-13-2016, 04:46 PM
I just don't get how they could allow more than one per customer. This kind of thing sucks royally.

Kingfan24
01-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Well - I'll just say if anyone here wants to sell for a reasonable price I'm here.

Dano
01-13-2016, 07:29 PM
That is utterly frustrating. I guess the magical IDW newsletter ain't ever coming. Wow. Just wow.

Dan

Dan
01-13-2016, 07:36 PM
That is utterly frustrating. I guess the magical IDW newsletter ain't ever coming. Wow. Just wow.

Dan

Not sure what newsletter you are referring to. These were all sold by SubPress and sold out in about 10 minutes. The email was not sent to everyone.

Dano
01-13-2016, 07:44 PM
IDW LIMITED (The publisher of this edition) had a sign-up from their twitter and Facebook pages that said would give you the heads-up newsletter when the lettereds became available. Lots of Joe Hill fans signed up.

Dan

Dano
01-13-2016, 07:48 PM
IDW is a graphic novel publishing house, and has the eyes and ears of the comic community as well. The WRAITH comic book adaptation illustrations throughout the book, and the original art available in this edition is by Charles Paul Wilson III, a popular and awesome comic artist.

Dan

Dano
01-13-2016, 07:50 PM
But, hey - you get what you get and leave it at that... oh well! Congrats to those that grabbed one... or two...

Dan

frik
01-13-2016, 10:49 PM
Someone will have to confirm. Either $399 or $499 or thereabouts. I can't recall.

$395.00
I was just in time for a copy.
Two minutes later they were all gone.

sk

Patrick
01-14-2016, 12:11 AM
Ouch, what an auction price. The production turned out great based on those pics... making it even more painful to have missed out on getting one - made worse by knowing some buyers got two.

herbertwest
01-14-2016, 04:16 AM
Well, the ebay username says it all : "bookinvestment"

jsmcmullen92
01-14-2016, 06:33 AM

I love that he says "Buyer must have +50 Positive Feedbacks on Ebay to make purchase, Thank You" where the seller only has "bookinvestment (49*)". You win some you lose some.

Kingfan24
01-14-2016, 06:53 AM
It's not even about winning/losing some. It's that the process was completely random and unfair.

wolfehr
01-14-2016, 10:19 AM
Any artists hang out here?

Locke & Key: Shades of Terror Coloring Book (http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Shades-Terror-Coloring/dp/1631405055/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452795484&sr=8-1&keywords=locke+%26+key+coloring)

CurtSeattle
01-14-2016, 10:34 AM
It's not even about winning/losing some. It's that the process was completely random and unfair.

EXACTLY why I immediately posted after we found out about the announcement and one of our members got "called out" for posting to us "TRUE" (or at least Truer) collectors. I didn't like the implications that one of our members was being shady or had no "reading comprehension" I think was the insult that set me off.

Especially with the BS ability to buy 2 of them was policy by SP.

whatev.

jsmcmullen92
01-14-2016, 10:50 AM
Any artists hang out here?

Locke & Key: Shades of Terror Coloring Book (http://www.amazon.com/Locke-Key-Shades-Terror-Coloring/dp/1631405055/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452795484&sr=8-1&keywords=locke+%26+key+coloring)

That's cool. I think I will pick on up!

herbertwest
01-14-2016, 11:51 AM

I love that he says "Buyer must have +50 Positive Feedbacks on Ebay to make purchase, Thank You" where the seller only has "bookinvestment (49*)". You win some you lose some.

I am sure that if someone pays that amount of money via paypal for the book, he wouldnt decline the payment no matter how many feedbacks the person has...

Br!an
01-14-2016, 12:03 PM
He can't actually decline payment. All he could do is claim the item is no longer available and issue a refund. He wouldn't be able to list it again without controversy.

I'm sure you are correct in that he would keep the money. I doubt principles play a large part in his life.

Ben Eads
01-14-2016, 04:15 PM
My apologies if it's been announced, I've been out of the loop. But has PS announced the SNL of The Fireman yet? Thanks! =)

Ben Staad
01-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Did Camelot ever do their drawing for the sampler? I hadn't seen anything on it.

Br!an
01-14-2016, 05:16 PM
Did Camelot ever do their drawing for the sampler? I hadn't seen anything on it.

Yes they did.

"The winners of the Joe Hill "The Fireman" Sampler Contest have all been e-mailed that they have won and that their copy will be mailed out next week.

If you didn't get an e-mail, I'm sorry that you were not a winner, but want to thank you for entering. The response was awesome and I know there are 17 (yes, we had 17 copies to pass along to lucky winners) happy people out there!"

MLG
01-14-2016, 08:08 PM

Yes they did.

"The winners of the Joe Hill "The Fireman" Sampler Contest have all been e-mailed that they have won and that their copy will be mailed out next week.

If you didn't get an e-mail, I'm sorry that you were not a winner, but want to thank you for entering. The response was awesome and I know there are 17 (yes, we had 17 copies to pass along to lucky winners) happy people out there!"

I received this email on New Years Day.

cit74
01-14-2016, 11:15 PM

Yes they did.

I received this email on New Years Day.

I was one of the lucky 17 and received my copy earlier this week. Kim sent out an email with shipping info last week. And yes I was very HAPPY :)

Ben Staad
01-15-2016, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the replies. I looked back and didn't see the email but maybe it ended up in spam our something. Congrats Cit74!

craigobau
01-15-2016, 07:54 AM
For those people that have read the Wraith novella that was included in the Sub Press S/L of NOS4A2, do you think the novella should be read before or after the main book?

frik
01-15-2016, 08:35 AM
I would read it after the main book.

Speaking of which......:)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/910/rXF2SL.jpg

Just received this a couple of minutes ago.
Wow!!
Will show this amazing book in my collection thread...

sk

wolfehr
01-15-2016, 10:33 AM
For those people that have read the Wraith novella that was included in the Sub Press S/L of NOS4A2, do you think the novella should be read before or after the main book?

I read NOS4A2 first, and think I would do it again that way if I went back in time. Wraith goes into Charlie Manx's backstory and it was nice to not have all those details while reading NOS4A2 and then learn more about him afterwards through Wraith. Learning about him along with the other characters made the book more enjoyable to me.

I think this is similar to "should WTTKH be read as book 4.5 or 8" debate though; Wraith doesn't give away any of the NOS4A2 plot, besides Manx's backstory, so you can't really go wrong either way.

Just my 2 cents.

Roseannebarr
01-15-2016, 10:38 AM
did this ship awhile ago? or people just getting their copies now?

S/L NOS4A2 from Sub press with Wraith

Thanks!

wolfehr
01-15-2016, 10:44 AM
did this ship awhile ago? or people just getting their copies now?

S/L NOS4A2 from Sub press with Wraith

Thanks!

Sub Press started shipping the limited edition on the 12th. I think most of the lettered editions have been shipped. I got mine yesterday, which shipped from IDW.

Joe Hill’s NOS4A2/WRAITH in stock and shipping (http://subterraneanpress.com/news/joe_hills_nos4a2_wraith_in_stock_and_shipping)

Now we're on to the Herculean task of shipping the HUGE (more than 800 oversize pages) NOS4A2/Wraith combination volume just published by our friends at IDW. Please give us a couple of weeks before querying if your copy has shipped, so we can focus on getting books out the bay doors, rather than looking through paperwork.

wolfehr
01-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Finally hung up my By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain broadside. The bottom right corner was a little crinkled in shipment, but the framer was able to cover it up. Very happy with how it came out.

http://i.imgur.com/aAVfysh.jpg?1

Dan
01-16-2016, 04:02 PM
That looks great!

Patrick
01-17-2016, 08:14 PM
Agreed, it looks great!

FennyBate
01-18-2016, 01:40 AM
Picked these up over Christmas. Signed UK 1st ed's.
Lincoln.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/lincolnbrown/IMAG0588_zps3pk1zi6z.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/lincolnbrown/IMAG0590_zpsoxqv2znr.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/lincolnbrown/IMAG0589_zps1jn9nrnf.jpg

Dan
01-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Did anyone get the number they requested on the signed limited? I requested a number, but since they are sealed and no indication of what number is inside I didn't get my number.

jsmcmullen92
01-19-2016, 04:41 PM
I didn't request a number but did everyone get a NOS4A2 doodle with CPWIII sig?

Dan
01-19-2016, 04:47 PM
I didn't request a number but did everyone get a NOS4A2 doodle with CPWIII sig?

Yes, mine has one.

jsmcmullen92
01-20-2016, 09:09 AM
Hey Dan,
Is the foil stamping on your case seem almost overdone? On mine I had squint and tilt the case a lot to figure out what was actually printed on it. It seems as if they forgot the white space and just put a solid figure on the side I will post a photo later tonight.

Dan
01-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Hey Dan,
Is the foil stamping on your case seem almost overdone? On mine I had squint and tilt the case a lot to figure out what was actually printed on it. It seems as if they forgot the white space and just put a solid figure on the side I will post a photo later tonight.

I will look tonight. I didn't look it over with great detail because I had other things I was doing.

jsmcmullen92
01-20-2016, 04:05 PM
This is what I was talking about. Just silver with a mouth. No other featureshttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160121/289f8839ffcd4829df4ee110c7d9bad1.jpg

Dan
01-20-2016, 04:49 PM
This is what I was talking about. Just silver with a mouth. No other featureshttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160121/289f8839ffcd4829df4ee110c7d9bad1.jpg

Mine looks exactly the same.

mikeC
01-21-2016, 06:45 AM
That's some weak sauce for such an expensive book.

jsmcmullen92
01-21-2016, 07:26 AM
That's some weak sauce for such an expensive book.

yeah I agree. The book itself it amazing. The case was a little lacking to me. I wish they had a better stamp or used something a little closer to Christmas Land, maybe the car or candy canes. To me that looks like Where the Wild Things Are with a weird mouth and maybe some teeth.

RC65
01-21-2016, 07:32 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160121/289f8839ffcd4829df4ee110c7d9bad1.jpg

https://aznbadger.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/littlebearwintertales.jpg?w=406

sharki69
01-21-2016, 08:24 AM
Midtown comics has 15% off NOS4A2 Wraith Deluxe Edition HC - $127.50

https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=1488637

Also - a lot of Gaiman books 50% off. Look at Gaiman thread - thanks Killjoy72 !!!

jsmcmullen92
01-21-2016, 09:05 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160121/289f8839ffcd4829df4ee110c7d9bad1.jpg

https://aznbadger.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/littlebearwintertales.jpg?w=406

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/13/e7/97/13e7970dde25e0f6b157ac993b25fa66.jpg

dnemec
01-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Midtown comics has 15% off NOS4A2 Wraith Deluxe Edition HC - $127.50

https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=1488637

Also - a lot of Gaiman books 50% off. Look at Gaiman thread - thanks Killjoy72 !!!

Thanks for the post. I had been having non-buyers remorse (if that is a thing) about passing on this book. So now it's on it's way at 15% off!

killjoy72
01-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the post. I had been having non-buyers remorse (if that is a thing) about passing on this book. So now it's on it's way at 15% off!

Tales Of Wonder (http://www.talesofwonder.com/product/81836/NOS4A2-WRAITH-DLX-ED-HC/0) has the NOS4A2 Wraith Deluxe Edition for $109.50 if anyone else was interested. This is where I bought my copy, but it hasn't shipped yet...

craigobau
01-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Forbidden Planet have the NOS4A2 S/L on pre-order for £75.90 for any Europeans out there looking for a good price.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/149890-nos4a2-wraith-delux-edition-hardcover/

jsmcmullen92
01-21-2016, 04:22 PM
Sometimes I hate paying full price because of these things but those times I don't are the times it sells out and I have to pay double...

RC65
01-21-2016, 07:09 PM
Sometimes I hate paying full price because of these things but those times I don't are the times it sells out and I have to pay double...

Sounds like you and I have the same kind of luck.

mkberger
01-22-2016, 04:40 AM
A first look:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/KNOMEOR/Hill--THE-FIREMAN-MS-Small_zps4a3x4f41.jpg

Joe Hill

THE FIREMAN
William Morrow, [May] 2016.
Bound manuscript galley of the forthcoming first edition. A Good+/VG copy: has been read, and shows overall handling with light wear to edges, minor bumps and creases to corners, reading line to spine. A few assorted minor flaws and imperfections as received, and typical use from reading, net not the prettiest copy, but no major or structural defects.

The first that we've seen. Obviously an early state, as the interior text is double-spaced, typical for a bound ms., and the front and back material is incomplete and mostly not designed. I expect--as with NOS4A2--that there'll be a true ARC coming; but I have not seen one yet and this one was known late last year.

Please PM if interested.

mkberger
01-22-2016, 05:43 AM
A first look:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/KNOMEOR/Hill--THE-FIREMAN-MS-Small_zps4a3x4f41.jpg

Joe Hill

THE FIREMAN
Bound manuscript galley of the forthcoming first edition. A Good+/VG copy: has been read, and shows overall handling with light wear to edges, minor bumps and creases to corners, reading line to spine. A few assorted minor flaws and imperfections as received, and typical use from reading, net not the prettiest copy, but no major or structural defects.

The first that we've seen. Obviously an early state, as the interior text is double-spaced, typical for a bound ms., and the front and back material is incomplete and mostly not designed. I expect--as with NOS4A2--that there'll be a true ARC coming; but I have not seen one yet and this one was known late last year.

Please PM if interested.

--and has now found a new home.

sharki69
01-22-2016, 06:01 AM
Very nice !!! Looks good

Proofs starting to show up. One was sold on eBay this morning

Anubis2347
01-22-2016, 06:05 AM
What is a good price for an ARC of The Fireman?

mikeC
01-25-2016, 09:44 AM
A first look:

Joe Hill

THE FIREMAN

Please PM if interested.

--and has now found a new home.

I'd like to borrow it after they are done. Let me know.

Anubis2347
01-26-2016, 05:54 AM
Hey Everyone.

I was wondering if anyone here can help me out. I am looking to have slipcases made for the below books. However the gentleman making the slipcases (Jeff) needs the measurements of the books. I'm still unpacking stuff from my last move and can't get to the books probably for another good month.

Would anyone be willing to measure their copies and provide the measurments?

I need the height, width and depth (exact sizes don't add anything on) for:

Nos4a2 – 1st/1st US Edition
Horns – 1st/1st US Edition
Heart Shaped Box – 1st/1st US Edition

Thank you very much.

Dano
01-26-2016, 08:21 PM
Here's a previously posted illustration from the current Deluxe Limited Edition of NOS4A2 and a recent pick up from the same. Have a few more surprises coming within the next few weeks! Enjoy!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/Danogold3/FullSizeRender-15_zpsyse8oxir.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/Danogold3/8e300d22-8e01-487f-bc02-9f951784e285_zps5wt8jkuo.jpg

Dan

dnemec
01-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Here's a previously posted illustration from the current Deluxe Limited Edition of NOS4A2 and a recent pick up from the same. Have a few more surprises coming within the next few weeks! Enjoy!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/Danogold3/FullSizeRender-15_zpsyse8oxir.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/Danogold3/8e300d22-8e01-487f-bc02-9f951784e285_zps5wt8jkuo.jpg

Dan

NICE!

wolfehr
01-26-2016, 08:36 PM
Awesome! I think I remember you posting the one of Vic and the Bridge previously (unframed?) and loving it then too. Frame complements it nicely. If you ever decide to part with it.... :)

Dano
01-27-2016, 05:10 AM
Thanks, guys! Yes, the top one finally got framed up! You'll be first on my list, wolfehr!

Dan

sharki69
01-27-2016, 07:14 AM
That's just awesome ! congrats Dan

Anubis2347
01-27-2016, 04:59 PM
Anyone happen to have a copy of the signed Sub Press POP ART that they would be willing to part with?

Booknutt
01-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Goodreads is doing a giveaway for The Fireman.

Joe315
01-27-2016, 07:06 PM
Got my IDW NOS4A2 today. It is a really nice book. Love the dust jacket material. It's very close to cloth.

dnemec
01-28-2016, 07:36 AM
Goodreads is doing a giveaway for The Fireman.

I never win anything, but it only takes a minute to try! Thanks for the info!

Bev Vincent
01-28-2016, 07:37 AM
I thought I'd read 170+ pages of the novel from the preview, but when I got my ARC I discovered that those pages amount to just about 100 of the 700+ page novel, so I've got a way to go yet.

wolfehr
01-28-2016, 09:38 AM
Just got this email from CD...

We have some extremely exciting news for you today, but this special item won’t last long, so be sure to read this ASAP!

We have a feeling that THE FIREMAN by Joe Hill isn't just going to be the most talked about horror novel of the year, it could be one of the biggest books in any genre and it'll have people talking for years to come!

That's why we're thrilled to report that Joe Hill has graciously agreed to sign a specially designed bookplate for our copies of the huge hardcover edition. You can read more about what makes these bookplates special on the product page, but needless to say, we think this is an incredible way to add one of the most talked about books in years to your collection.

We will only be accepting preorders for a limited time only, so please don't wait to reserve your copy!

** READ MORE OR PLACE YOUR ORDER WHILE SUPPLIES LAST:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_hill10

Anubis2347
01-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Any chance of a slipcase for it as well?

wolfehr
01-28-2016, 10:20 AM
CD would get some more of my money if they did :)

Anubis2347
01-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Mine too... I love their slipcases.

cit74
01-28-2016, 10:50 AM
I don't want to fall into the nos4a2 trap and have a ton of copies. I'm banking on a local stop somewhere in Norcal - and I'll get my copy then

Booknutt
01-28-2016, 11:14 AM
Just got an email from IDW. Looks like more came available. http://idwlimited.com/shop/nos4a2deluxe-limited-edition/?mc_cid=d1b294c0a0&mc_eid=1916937e2f

Kingfan24
01-28-2016, 11:36 AM
Only the limited. Not the lettered.

Johnny Alien
01-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Just got this email from CD...

We have some extremely exciting news for you today, but this special item won’t last long, so be sure to read this ASAP!

We have a feeling that THE FIREMAN by Joe Hill isn't just going to be the most talked about horror novel of the year, it could be one of the biggest books in any genre and it'll have people talking for years to come!

That's why we're thrilled to report that Joe Hill has graciously agreed to sign a specially designed bookplate for our copies of the huge hardcover edition. You can read more about what makes these bookplates special on the product page, but needless to say, we think this is an incredible way to add one of the most talked about books in years to your collection.

We will only be accepting preorders for a limited time only, so please don't wait to reserve your copy!

** READ MORE OR PLACE YOUR ORDER WHILE SUPPLIES LAST:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_hill10

I thought about it a second but I don't care for bookplates.

wolfehr
01-28-2016, 11:50 AM
I almost passed, because I generally don't care about bookplates either. I'd generally prefer an unsigned 1/1 to one with a bookplate.

HOWEVER, I bought a copy of this because it sounds like the bookplate is being designed specifically for this book and will be numbered. In my head it's almost a 1/1 The Fireman + a cool limited edition bookplate vs a signed copy of The Fireman. It was cheap enough that I thought the risk of being underwhelmed was worth it.

zelig
01-28-2016, 11:52 AM
I almost passed, because I generally don't care about bookplates either. I'd generally prefer an unsigned 1/1 to one with a bookplate.

HOWEVER, I bought a copy of this because it sounds like the bookplate is being designed specifically for this book and will be numbered. In my head it's almost a 1/1 The Fireman + a cool limited edition bookplate vs a signed copy of The Fireman. It was cheap enough that I thought the risk of being underwhelmed was worth it.

I bought it for the same reason. I like the idea. Makes it unique in some way.

ELazansky
01-28-2016, 01:43 PM
Nowhere does it say the bookplates are numbered

bdwyer19
01-28-2016, 02:07 PM

It does indicate that...

"The bookplates will also state exactly how many plates were produced, meaning that all collectors will know exactly how many of these signed copies exist."

ELazansky
01-28-2016, 02:15 PM

It does indicate that...

"The bookplates will also state exactly how many plates were produced, meaning that all collectors will know exactly how many of these signed copies exist."

But that just means they will tell you there are x amount of plates. Doesn't say they'll be numbered

Brian James Freeman
01-28-2016, 02:27 PM
Any chance of a slipcase for it as well?

I would say there's a 95% chance of there being a slipcase made for this title, but we're still working out some details.

Brian

Br!an
01-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Bookplates aren't my preference, but It's better than no signature.

I would probably prefer the bookplate loose and just tucked into the book rather than pasted in.

Especially if it's pasted crooked. :doh:

Brian James Freeman
01-28-2016, 02:30 PM

It does indicate that...

But that just means they will tell you there are x amount of plates. Doesn't say they'll be numbered

Correct. The bookplate design will state the number of plates produced, but they won't be individually numbered. We didn't want to step on the toes of anyone who might be producing an actual numbered edition.

The bookplates will use the cover artwork as part of their design, sort of like what we did for Owen's graphic novel when we learned that one of the contributors had a physical issue that prevented him from handling hundreds of copies of the book in his home:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/IntroBookplate.jpg

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Bookplates aren't my preference, but It's better than no signature.

I would probably prefer the bookplate loose and just tucked into the book rather than pasted in.

Especially if it's pasted crooked. :doh:

We had some trouble with the Owen King bookplates because our holiday helpers were -- to be blunt -- a little too busy with their high school gossip and not focused enough on their work, but I'm pretty sure Dan, Kate, Mindy, or I will be handling this one by ourselves given the time of year the books will be arriving. Or, if we do have helpers, we'll tell them to cut the chit chat and focus on proper bookplate alignment! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-28-2016, 02:33 PM

It does indicate that...

By the way, if the numbering question was a difference maker for anyone and there was some confusion about what we meant, please don't hesitate to email Mindy to cancel your order. We want everyone to be happy with their purchase!

Brian

sharki69
01-28-2016, 02:37 PM

Same here.

There will probably be alot of signed copies around - Water street bookstore is taking preorders + official 8 cities signing tour (not close to me :( ), so this is pretty unique (and affordable)

sharki69
01-28-2016, 02:44 PM
Oh, and I found this, don't know if it was already posted here

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/fox-joe-hill-the-fireman-movie-1201675559/

ELazansky
01-28-2016, 02:46 PM

It does indicate that...

By the way, if the numbering question was a difference maker for anyone and there was some confusion about what we meant, please don't hesitate to email Mindy to cancel your order. We want everyone to be happy with their purchase!

Brian

Not a difference maker for me. I'll probably order one and called it my signed copy. Glad you cleared up the numbering issue for everyone. Thanks Brian.

dnemec
01-28-2016, 03:00 PM

Same here.

There will probably be alot of signed copies around - Water street bookstore is taking preorders + official 8 cities signing tour (not close to me :( ), so this is pretty unique (and affordable)

Where did you see the 8 city signing tour? Not that it will be near me either, but I can hope...

sharki69
01-28-2016, 03:08 PM

Same here.

Where did you see the 8 city signing tour? Not that it will be near me either, but I can hope...

Dez buddy you need to pay more attention LOL

It's on the back cover of the proof, see post # 4682

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?224-Joe-Hill-Author&p=974980&viewfull=1#post974980

bdwyer19
01-28-2016, 03:13 PM

Same here.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?224-Joe-Hill-Author&p=974980&viewfull=1#post974980

Hill seems to have forgotten that there's more to the country than just the east and west coast.

dnemec
01-28-2016, 03:16 PM

Same here.

Even with my big monitor, that is small! :P

Thanks for the info!

zelig
01-28-2016, 03:17 PM
Nice to see an LA signing. I will plan on attending that one.

sharki69
01-28-2016, 03:19 PM

Same here.

Even with my big monitor, that is small! :P

Thanks for the info!

Pleasure

What's more interesting is the 10 copies signed carton ?! What the hell is that ???

ELazansky
01-28-2016, 03:41 PM
That would be the presigned books that get sent out

Joe315
01-28-2016, 03:54 PM
I'll be in for the Phoenix signing.

CurtSeattle
01-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Anyone happen to have a copy of the signed Sub Press POP ART that they would be willing to part with?

I have some little Chap Book of Pop Art, but I didn't think to check if it was signed. I don't think Sub Press does signed chap books though. lol

Just saw Seattle on the signing tour. That is pretty close to me!

cit74
01-28-2016, 06:43 PM

I have some little Chap Book of Pop Art, but I didn't think to check if it was signed. I don't think Sub Press does signed chap books though. lol

Just saw Seattle on the signing tour. That is pretty closet to me!

Most of their Hill chap books were signed - check the back of the book - there were #150 s/n copies

RC65
01-28-2016, 07:47 PM

Yep, I'm going to be there...I caught him at University Books for both HORNS and NOS4A2...looking forward to seeing him again.

mikeC
01-29-2016, 07:00 AM
Where are you finding the signing dates? Nothing on his tumbler.

Kingfan24
01-29-2016, 07:35 AM
There are no dates. Just locations. Found on the back of the proof.

wolfehr
01-29-2016, 07:43 AM
GUNPOWDER & POP ART Joe Hill SIGNED LTD MATCHING NUMBER 1st ED's (http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUNPOWDER-POP-ART-Joe-Hill-SIGNED-LTD-MATCHING-NUMBER-1st-EDs-/321940161578?hash=item4af521042a:g:enMAAOSwwE5WYut N)

It's for the softcover numbered edition, and you have to buy Gunpowder too. But sharing just in case.

Anubis2347
01-29-2016, 11:25 AM
I saw that one but I already own two Gunpowders. Anyone need Gunpowder and want to work out a deal... Perhaps half/half...

Br!an
01-29-2016, 11:58 AM
You can save a little money if...

you contact him through his web site. He'll probably give you 10% off .

wolfehr
01-29-2016, 12:12 PM
You can save a little money if...

you contact him through his web site. He'll probably give you 10% off .

Their website actually says that explicitly :)

We offer a direct order discount of 10% from all our eBay prices - So contact us to buy direct.

Patrick
01-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Looking forward to his San Francisco stop. Wish they'd announce the dates, so I can save the date.

I think I'll buy the CD bookplate edition. Brian, you guys better offer a slipcased option! :P

Brian James Freeman
01-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Looking forward to his San Francisco stop. Wish they'd announce the dates, so I can save the date.

I think I'll buy the CD bookplate edition. Brian, you guys better offer a slipcased option! :P

I think we'll have good news on that front next week. :)

Brian

terrier91
01-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Can we opt to not have the bookplate pasted into our copy?

Joe315
01-30-2016, 12:05 PM
What do you guys think the value of a lettered ps publishing Horns currently is? This would be one of the lifers editions where they lettered it instead of numbered it.

jonp
01-30-2016, 12:18 PM
What do you guys think the value of a lettered ps publishing Horns currently is? This would be one of the lifers editions where they lettered it instead of numbered it.

I have one of those through a lifetime subscription. I wouldn't think there would be much of a premium, if any, above the numbered edition. I'm not sure of their current value.

Joe315
01-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks Jon. That's what I figured.

Just left a store in Phoenix. The owner got a large collection in, including a number of lettered PS editions. Apparently the owner passed away recently so his family has sold his collection. He had a lot of centipede press, cd, sub press, ps, and many other small press books. A lot of arcs too. Apparently he was a reviewer and editor.

MarcoL
01-31-2016, 04:36 AM
I know iTrader is the proper place to leave feedback about transactions with fellow boardies. I'd like to share my experience with one fellow boardie on the forums nontheless :)
Recently I was one of the people that received Subterranean's newsletter about the lettered NOS4A2/Wraith from IDW, unfortunately all copies were sold out at the time I received it and I mentioned my disappointment about that here on the boards. Not long after, I received a PM from JonP. He had ordered two copies and kindly offered me to buy one from him AT COST!!! While he could've kept the second copy and sell it at a much higher price on the secondary market, Jon chose to help out a fellow collector and I'm very grateful to him.
Last week I received the book and I'm now the proud owner of one of the lettered copies (S). Just thought I'd share my experience with you & Jon, Thanks again!!

CurtSeattle
01-31-2016, 05:46 AM
JonP, has always struck me as legit from the posts I've read and now that is backed up even more. Great info and nice to see that love shared.

sharki69
01-31-2016, 07:03 AM
I echo you both.

From my personal experience, Jon is one of a kind. Always wiling to help and a true good person.

TacomaDiver
01-31-2016, 10:02 AM
Went to the NOS4A2 Seattle signing and it was a blast. I'll make damn certain we go to this one again.

Patrick
01-31-2016, 10:57 AM
Hearing stories of members here helping each other out always brightens my day. Thanks for sharing.

sharki69
01-31-2016, 08:23 PM
So where are all the fireman proofs ??

zelig
01-31-2016, 08:25 PM

I have them all. I got a box of 50 here.

terrier91
01-31-2016, 08:41 PM

My thoughts exactly....

Bev Vincent
02-01-2016, 03:17 AM
I got an electronic one last week. His editor said she was expecting the printed copies this week.